Stride Ratings

Overall

About Stride

Stride is the complete communication solution that empowers teams to talk less and do more. It's everything you need to stay connected but keep moving. Stride is a new kind of messaging that: turns conversations into action with integrated collaboration tools, brings all the right people together instantly with built-in voice and video conferencing, and gives you the space to focus so you can get to done, faster. Learn more about Stride

vladimir v.
Action
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 10, 2018

“Simple but poor chat”

OverallThe guys at Stride make updates for the product, try to fix the flaws. Stride is a normal (medium) application. If you like the Atlassian ecosystem (even after the new interface updates of other products), then it is really convenient application. We are used to, but still switched to another solution
ProsIf you use Confluence and Jira, you will have a common Atlassian ecosystem. This is convenient in cases where all users communicate within the same company. Like in other chat applications, there are group chats and channels with group chats. A large number of different bots, for example, for jira. If you insert a link to the task, we will see a preview. You can configure the display of statuses and pictures. There are video calls. You do not need to install several programs for textual communication and video calls. You can quickly understand how to work with the program. In our company, the testers took about half a day (plus one day to connect and train bots)
ConsNo hashtag (uncomfortable). The phone does not receive 25 percent of the messages. But when they come, there's a chance not to get them on the desktop application! Sometimes you get a long message in the phone, you open the laptop, but they are not shown (notifications, messages). The problem can be fixed by restarting the application. With video calls, it connects for a long time and often shows a "bad Internet connection" error, when other platforms do not show this at the same Internet speed. It's very annoying. From time to time, the video call ends for unknown reasons.The video freezes, and only on the other side of the call. Until you restart the application, it will hang. RAM consumption 400Mb, CPU - 70%. It's a lot.
September 10, 2018
Burhan K.
UI/UX Designer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2019

“Great collaborative tool for internal communication”

OverallSo in the past, I've used stride in a company where I'd worked. It was collaborative, fun and somewhat user-friendly. We switch to stride because of its pricing. And it did the same job which we were doing with the expensive software.
Pros- The same features as its competitors provide. - It made messaging with my colleagues really fun and easy. - It has the option to create polls, which was fun when we had to plan out of office activity and got voting done through the stride. - The best part, you can reorder the list of people who you are chatting with. - Also had the iPhone app which was handy, when you leave the office and have to text your manager to report your task progress.
Cons- Had some minor bugs - When you upload a file, sometimes the upload process takes a few minutes due to the size of the file. The problem we all faced while uploading, we got busy in our work and thought that when the upload will complete, it will reach the recipient. But it wasn't like that with Stride, after the upload process completes, you have to press the send button again. And most of the time, hours later, my colleagues came to me and asked why you haven't sent the file we asked. And when I checked it, it was waiting for me to press the send button.
April 28, 2019
51-200 employees
July 5, 2018

“An excellent team app with the potential to match industry leaders”

ProsThere are a lot of features that make this software unique, but I like the ease of use with messaging and setting up rooms. It is easy to navigate and in many ways easy to create different groups for your specific needs. Being able to set yourself as busy and muting notifications is another plus as well as allowing yourself to make a list and or ask for voter approval on specific messages is a nice touch. Being able to share the room link with anyone and making the rooms private is also a lovely touch to an already well thought through system.
ConsNotifications and announcements can be hit or miss at times. Unless you set the room to either alert you about mentions individually or having the room let you know about all messages can be a very challenging aspect for communication when the group goes beyond 1-5 people. Not being able to mention the creator of the organization without maneuvering around with creating another user account can be a challenge at times, and I hope they fix that soon. If the creator is present in the room, he should be able to be tagged easily without having to fluff around too much.
July 5, 2018
Internet, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Great tool for teams to improve productivity & team collaboration”

OverallI think one of the greatest things about messaging platforms like Stride is that it relies not only on the feature of peer to peer communication but on the possibility to have integrations within it.
ProsWe started using HipChat around 3 years back , but were not able to use rooms effectively since too many notifications & alerts became a spoiler. Also hipchat had a bug in Mac OS where in notification alerts would freeze the Hipchat window for a few seconds. We were eagerly waiting to try Stride beta and we migrated to Stride around 3 months back. Its really great using Stride for video calls , & using rooms with code snippets to be passed on ( I love the code snippet feature , which was a pain in Hipchat with truncation & empty spaces ). Our usage of Chat has dramatically increased productivity , and the small things like recent attachments etc is really pain reliving. The team loves the UX & upload & download improvements over hipchat.
ConsGoing forward I look for more integration with Jira so that you can update comments , effort etc via Stride using commands . Also Hipchat had many integrations , something which is lacking in Stride currently.
Maik K.
iOS Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 3, 2018

“Overall its pretty good and stable. Video chat and screen sharing can be improved.”

OverallPerfect for remote teams. Good communication.
ProsI really like the Plugins, App and overall use of the software. Meetings are great with Stride (can be improved!). Decisions and Actions in chat are really cool.
ConsVideo Chat view is not good. Would be cool to see all Attendees in a grid view. I really don't like or even hate that cmd+w closes a chat instead of the window. That is inconsistent with the macOS. Please introduce at least a setting to change that. Meetings with more than 3 people seems to be laggy. It is not my internet connection, probably the stride servers? Email notifications are generally good, but they are really annoying sometimes. For example I got like 200 Emails a day when I was on vacation. Of cause I could have disabled the setting, but I forgot it. When I was back in the office I had about 2500 unread mails and most of them were from Stride. It would be cool to have a setting for a daily report. Sending just one email at midnight.
Tony Z.
Costumer Support Agent
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2018

“My experience with Stride has been very profitable, especially in the field of work.”

Overall My benefits with this platform have been too many, firstly my work performance helps in my work group, helps the communication between members of my work team, helps me to relate with people of the company, which is quite beneficial in my case. The portability that Stride offers is unique, with portability I refer to the ease you have, to be able to use it both on the computer, and on the cell phone, both maintaining the characteristics that make Stride unique. It is also important to note that the reports of updates that Stride sends are quite useful, since one can take advantage of these new updates, tools, features that add with each update.
ProsStride is impressive, I have been using this platform for a long time and so far it has seemed excellent, from its aesthetics within the application, to the various functionalities it offers, functionalities such as the creation of private groups, the ease of loading documents within of this, it seems to me one of the best platforms that I have used. In the workplace, it has helped me a lot, connects me with my work team, and allows us to carry out work integrating everyone. For me, the best thing of all is its ability of the Stride support to respond to its customers.
ConsSo far, I have not had any problems with Stride, the only doubt I had, the Stride support knew how to resolve with clarity, precision and as soon as possible.
KRYSTAL K.
Publisher
Media Production, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Stride great for working with teams”

OverallSimple, easy to use, mobile friendly alternative for managing projects and teams. Integrates with lots of other products.
ProsStride is a user friendly communications tool for teams to coordinate projects and it integrates with Slack.
ConsI will be sad to see this software go as it merges with Slack.
August 28, 2019
Kyle M.
Graduate Student
Biotechnology, 1001-5000 employees
July 2, 2018

“Great app, we use it for our research lab to improve communication external to email.”

OverallSeamless communication with my colleagues. This allows us to work more efficiently on our projects.
ProsRobust file uploading and updating time. I am able to share documents with my colleagues easily and create rooms with certain members to ensure project bubbles exist and function smoothly. Please maintain this quality of Stride - I believe this is a quintessential reason why your app stands apart from others.
ConsI like GroupMe in terms of "liking" a message to acknowledge who has read the message. I think Stride should introduce some feature like this. Additionally, I use Stride on both my phone and personal computer. I have issues receiving notifications on my phone (I'm away from my desk) when I have Stride open on my phone.
Oleg G.
General director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2018

“I'm using this software for about three years to organize collaborative work inside IT company.”

OverallWe organized collaborative work of remote workers using this software (HipChat and Stride).
ProsI like different rooms with specific rights for all participants. I like that there is also mobile version and it shares the same workspace.
ConsPerformance of laptop version is not high. When software was turned off sometimes I don't get notifications that some new messages were recieved during the offline period.
Brent C.
Head of Product
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
June 28, 2018

“An experience which has me seeking to ditch GoToMeeting”

OverallA better team collaboration experience across the globe, including, video conferencing, decision making, removing reliance on email, and ensuring all are included in conversations.
Pros- It is easy to use in general case - Love the ability to record decisions - Love the integration with other Atlassian products - Having giphy included means I have no desire to use Slack
Cons- I want the ability to record meetings - I want easy integration with Outlook, for organising meetings - It is a bit clicky to bring up the other phone numbers when using for meetings. I'd like to be able to set a / or multiple normally used numbers; i.e. Australia and UK instead of the USA number
Richard C.
Tech Support Specialist
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2018

“My company uses Stride extensively and it is a great benefit to our Tech Support Q”

OverallThis software gives each tech the ability to reach out to others while dealing with customers. It also gives the ability to post documents and pictures when there technical anomalies that answers are needed for.
ProsI like the fact I can contact anyone and they get an e-mail as well. This has been a great help in our daily business and giving us the ability to stay in contact with other techs.
ConsI really can't think of anything as of this moment. So far it meets all of my requirements and I am sure a lot of others I work with.
Bryan T.
European Director
July 10, 2018

“Marvellous and innovative tool. Love the clean interface and regular creative updates”

ProsSUCH an uncluttered, clean interface Love the creativity of the creators on the app in coming up with unique new features Very powerful with the Decisions & Actions features Really helping us get things done in our organisation And it is still so new!
ConsThe mobile lacks behind the desktop version. I wish that the two were on an equal footing when it comes to features - like Decisions & Actions not showing up in Highlights sidebar, polls not working on mobile. Would like to be able to delete a room or two (not just archive them), and also to add our organisational logo/avatars
July 10, 2018
July 2, 2018

“Moving from HipChat to Stride has increased collaboration even more, and made ChatOps easier”

OverallMuch easier collaboration around standups, impromptu meetings, video & audio chat, easier to create chatbots and add multiple teams, just better overall.
Prosease of tagging decision points, video calls/meeting, adding chatbots. The UI is much more intuitive than HipChat's, and adds features/functionality that Slack had, but HipChat was missing.
Consno dark mode like in HipChat. Slow migration process for moving from HipChat to Stride. We've been using them in parallel in the meantime, which is less than ideal. No plans for an on-prem version ala HipChat Server/Data Center.
March 21, 2018

“instant messaging”

Overalleasy, fast, a lot of integrations
ProsClean interface. Its a powerful chat tool that can send large files. Love the new gif feature too, makes work more fun
ConsCrashes regularly. The search tool doesnt always work and will take you to a web browser instead of in app
March 21, 2018
Marvic C.
Consultor de Aplicaciones
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2018

“It is being tested in the company, since we use many Atlassian products.”

OverallIt significantly supports a more collaborative work environment, is easy to implement because it is easy to use and has a graphical interface that is pleasing to the eye.
ProsIt is excellent to be based on the cloud and has a mobile application, this allows any employee to connect from anywhere with internet access. It is easy to use advanced user management. It can be integrated with multiple applications, it is excellent that in the free version you can make group videoconferences. Significantly supports a more collaborative work environment, the graphic interface is simple and pleasing to the eye.
ConsDespite having a lower cost than other similar applications, it would be ideal to have a plan similar to that of Jira, to be manageable for small and medium enterprises. It does not have a desktop application. It would be ideal if you had synchronized the reading status of the messages.
April 18, 2018
Luke P.
February 21, 2018

“Excellent product. One problem we have had and it is impossible to speak with anyone about it”

ProsEasy to use. Helps our office tremendously. Price is perfect (free). We couldnt function as an office nearly as well without it. Would recommend it for the most part (see cons)
ConsWe were recently transferred from Hip Chat to Stride. Hip Chat allowed their notifications to stay on the screen until acknowledged. Stride does not do that. As a result we have missed many messages within the office, which is affecting the quality and efficiency of our product. It is impossible to talk to anyone at Stride about this after many attempts.
February 21, 2018
Manpreet D.
QA
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
July 16, 2018

“Its way better than what we used to use. We were using Salesforce chatter before”

OverallWe can send standup status. Chatting with Team members. Creating diff groups
ProsI like the Stand-up time Standbot, creating rooms feature, in meeting you have the option to share screen.
ConsLacks customization options and other settings.Overall response time to simple actions is rather slow. E.g. Hitting the search button and the time it takes to pop up. Clicking on a room and time it takes to load. Apps/integrations are room/conversation-wide, not application wide, which is weird.
July 16, 2018
Food & Beverages, Unspecified
June 28, 2018

“Good, works well to help teams communicate.”

OverallQuick communication.
ProsIt is very easy to use, and that is good. I think it is a bit easier than hip chat, that had some of the functionalities a bit tricky to use. Plus has videconference.
ConsI would like to see a list of urls on every chat. I think Hip Chat had it, and many other like Stride have this list.
Simon N.
Fullstack Web Application Engineer / Owner
June 28, 2018

“Simply put, Stride rocks! ”

ProsThe seamless integration with other Atlassian products is amazing. My team and I use Bitbucket and Trello a lot and with the integration everyone can see the updates as tasks are complete as well as when code is pushed to our repositories. Additionally, having built-in video chat is amazing.
ConsSomewhat limited selection of apps that can be integrated (I believe this will be solved with time) and the inability to change the theme / color scheme (not very important)
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Easy to use, great functionality”

OverallStride has made things easier at work - I'd definitely recommend it for other teamwork or business settings!
ProsStride has a lot of different functions that make communicating in a business setting easier. You can add "actions" or "decisions" to team member's messages to make tasks more efficient. A plus is that it works with gify!
ConsIt would be useful if there was an indication when someone else is currently typing, or when a message has been seen.
November 29, 2018
Ignacio S.
Lead Web Developer
June 28, 2018

“Stride helps our team a lot. Many solutions integrated in one single place.”

OverallRight now is our best tool for team management and decisions meetings. Very useful.
ProsAwesome video-audio chat quality. Easy to create checkpoints in the history of the conversation for future reviews. File management inside the conversation. Easy tracking of commits. Multi platform.
ConsIs based in Electron that by it self is no a bad thing but, will be awesome a native solution. The capacity to minimize to the tray area in linux will be great.
May 27, 2018

“Super and cool team communication software, helps in making the team communication so efficient.”

Pros- Simple and superb UI. - Decision-making feature is great and helps to convert the chats into tasks
Cons- As Stride is a bit new, it has fewer integrations compared to Slack - You need to have an Atlassian account to use the stride, which is a bit confusing at the start.
May 27, 2018
Ari L.
Ceo
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“Sad to see it bought out”

OverallIt has been simply perfect. The ease of use trumps slack.
ProsBy far the easiest communication tool, with private and public rooms for my staff to interact.
ConsIt was purchased by Slack, which I've used, and do not like. They are discontinuing stride.
October 4, 2018
Peter M.
Sports, 11-50 employees
June 28, 2018

“Bumpy ride that led us to swap to another platform”

OverallCollaborative communication across a dispersed employee base, as well as data that kept everyone "in the know."
ProsThe rebuild from HipChat seemed very clean and overall very efficient. The bot and integration list seemed to be growing fast and the ones we used worked well.
ConsMigration from HipChat was very bumpy due to inconsistent messaging from Atlassian staff. We ended up having out Stride account siloed off from the rest of our Atlassian products and were asked to abandon historical data in order to consolidate everything. The lack of a fix for that ultimately led us to have to look to another solution. During the migration there was data loss from HipChat as well. While using the product, notifications seemed inconsistent (at least on Android) and passive so they were easy to miss.
Jorge J.
Managing Partner
July 2, 2018

“Stride works just perfect for growing teams.”

ProsUser Experience / Design is just beautiful. What we love the most is the feeling that the platform is always being improved. We also love the Meetings functionality and the fact that it also allows us to talk with clients or external collaborators.
ConsWe lack to ability to reply to specific comments and we are not yet able to chose our own avatars for rooms.
Danielle O.
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Great! ”

ProsWe started using this at work and I have to say it has made communicating so much easier! I no longer have to walk to another office and interrupt someone in the middle of them performing a project. I like the actions and everything they have recently added.
ConsI do occasionally have issues getting Stride to stay on my Mac, I have had to reinstall a couple times,
Zachary L.
Senior Web Developer
June 28, 2018

“Great communication tool for any team”

ProsThe best part of Stride is the 3rd-party integrations. We're able to integrate with all the tools we need. It saves our team a lot of time and switching back and forth between tools.
ConsIt can be buggy at times. On multiple occasions, the Stride desktop app has not been able to connect. I've had to force close and restart the software a few times in order to get online.
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 25, 2018

“Stride is new revamped Hipchat (Its older version) with great UI and lot of new features”

Pros- Awesome piece of software helps my team is staying on top of all the things - Making the chat conversation as a decision is one of the great feature - UI revamp from Hipchat is great
Cons- They don't support multiple team in single app - The free plan had unlimited integrations earlier, but the new one Stride have limited. - The Atlassian account to access the Stride is bit complex
May 25, 2018
Richard C.
Engineer
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
January 24, 2019

“Company communication”

OverallWe use this for Tech support
ProsI like the way that we can set up departments which leads to better communications.
ConsThere is not a whole lot to dislike about the software. It meets
January 24, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2018

“Great way to stay connected”

ProsI like that I am able to easily access/chat with colleagues, whether that be across the office or over the nation. I also enjoy the ability for custom chat rooms with different teams and using video conferencing.
ConsI had previously used hipchat and enjoyed that you could create your own emojis that you can't do with this system.
November 27, 2018
Bob U.
Integration Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2018

“Pleased with what is there so far and hopeful for development of needed components.”

OverallSingle repository for all intellectual capital.
ProsFreemium model; multi-platform (OS) support and homogeneity; GUI; repository; full range of comm facilities built in.
ConsWindows client is slow starting-up and slow switching teams. Need date-range specific searching. Not all audio-video devices supported. Need links for guest users (like HipChat).
July 9, 2018
Abhijeet K.
Director Of Sales Marketing
June 29, 2018

“Great communciation tool for remote as well as in house team”

OverallEasy and secure communcation with teams.
Pros1. Ability to create room and add people from out side of your organization 2. Ability to share documents, conduct conference call, video call all in one place.
Cons1. No push notifications to mobile - need to login multiple times to see new messages or updates. 2. No support for older android devices.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
December 27, 2018

“Great instant messenger replacement”

Pros* Easy to set up & administrate * Easy to use * Quick file & image transfers * Works on Android just as well as a native text messenger, so you don't miss any important messages
Cons* It has a tendency to mangle code snippets being copied and pasted. I usually resort to copying into a .txt and sending that
December 27, 2018
Esteban D.
Atlassian Certified Professional
July 2, 2018

“Great experience. Very satisfied.”

OverallEasy to use, grat user experience.
ProsEasy to use, intuitive and inclusive. It's great to work with it. Since I used it, I completely discarded other similar tools.
Cons1) No Dial-In number to use in Buenos Aires, Argentina. 2) Is not possible to delete a Room. 3) It is not possible to select a custom avatar for the rooms.
Caio H.
Analista de produtos
201-500 employees
July 2, 2018

“simple, solves the basic proposal”

ProsI like it because the app delivers the proposal in a basic and simple way. The most important thing is to talk to coworkers and create groups to discuss relevant issues.
ConsYou can not reply to specific group messages, and you can not reply to group messages. We also have trouble automatically updating the app on macOS
François L.
Technical Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2018

“I ususally use Stride for communicating with my team and keep track of the changes in JIRA”

OverallFaster and more precize communication within the team
Pros- Ease of Use - Clean UI - UI Feedback - Notifications - JIRA integration - direct link to the JIRA app - automatic messages
Cons- Responding and forwarding messages - emojis are not native - automatic emoji conversion - Grouping of chatrooms is not possible
Ilya P.
QA Team leader
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 28, 2018

“Intuitive, easy, helps solving problems faster”

OverallInstantly see tasks that come to pool
ProsIt's easy to use Helps solving problems faster Recently integration with Jira Server has been provided - that's awesome
ConsThere are luck of some functionality like Complete action only when all marked complete Small count of bots yet, but you've got pretty good API to do it by yourself
charan m.
Staff Engineer
201-500 employees
July 6, 2018

“Very good application with lot of plugins which makes the work very easy. ”

OverallMade this as our organization official communicator. For development and work tracking, integrated several apps, which makes the work easy with all the notifications.
ProsPlugin apps like JIRA etc, .makes the development and tracking so easy. I have been using this since a month, I was used to an app called Slack. Switching to Stride didn't make any difference and i hope this will be more developer friendly ( since i am a developer). The process of feature can be tracked at one place if apps are integrated with stride.
ConsCouldn't find anything yet. As I have mentioned above, I couldn't find much difference between Slack and Stride. One area of improvement could be the GUI.
July 6, 2018
Carlos Alberto R.
Médico - Oftalmólogo
July 3, 2018

“great tool, easy to setup and easy to use by all the team”

Overallgreat to communicate with the members at my office
Prosfast, easy to use and practical communication tool. a great option to have all the team connected and working on time with the information needed
Conswould love to have it a long time ago..... besides that could have also options to work in other languages
Dean P.
Engineering Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
June 28, 2018

“Great Team Communication tool. Much better than Slack , and Teams”

OverallImproved communications
ProsDeep integration with the rest of our Atlassian tools. We use BitBuck, Confluence, and Jira. Connecting these apps to Stride is very helpful for us.
ConsNotifications are not always timely. Screen sharing is sometimes a little difficult to make work well.
June 28, 2018

“Good video calls, excellent per message formatting & features”

ProsRich formatting in messages with mutiple code blocks & text formatting. Quality video calls & screensharing. Range of integrations with other services.
ConsInability to reply/reference a previous comment, can make busy rooms more complicated. No other complaints so far.
phillip s.
Tech support
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
June 10, 2019

“Group chat program”

Overallused to communicate with tech support groups world wide.
ProsI liked the android app and also the interface in win 10 had lots of plugins
ConsSome plugins don't do everything you might want verses previous software hipchat
June 10, 2019
BROOKE B.
Csr
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
October 2, 2018

“Easy communication ”

ProsEasy and simple to use. Able to message coworkers and stay up to date on everything in the company such as product updates and discontinued products.
ConsI have no complaints or issues with Stride at all.
October 2, 2018
Harold C.
Multimedia Design
51-200 employees
June 29, 2018

“The best gateway for payment”

Overallthe easy and fast integration
Prosthe best way to implementation with all platform or system, because the API and the plugins are very well, if you have a question they fast respond, i love this method of pay is a very simple.
Consthe less quality or difference is a new payment method, now are very popular but with the time the customer and the users are accepting this easy and fast option.
Paul A.
Senior PHP Developer
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
June 28, 2018

“Having tried a few systems Stride is very reliable and "just works".”

ProsI can leave it running without it consuming all my systems resources. It has good formatting tools be it sending snippets of code via the chat window or API generated messages from one of our web applications, making it much easier to see what's happening. The cost is much more competitive than some other competing products.
ConsThe only significant downside is that it appears that you can only be logged into one account at a time is a significant downfall compared to say Slack. We've also noticed on occasions notifications fail.
Phyllis C.
String Instructor
June 23, 2018

“Tried this app to see if I should replace Quickbooks mileage app. I like it a little better than QB.”

ProsI like that it is free. For what the app does, free is good, especially since it is not automated, meaning I have to turn it on for it to track my miles.
ConsI don't like that I have to engage the app to use it. Sometimes I forget to turn it on and then I forget how many miles I have driven. It would be nice that it track my driving once I am en route and then I can set if the travel was for personal or business.

By Atlassian on June 26, 2018
Hi Phyllis! I'm afraid you might be reviewing the wrong product. Our product doesn't track miles. Let us know if you have any question or if we can help clarify things for you!
June 23, 2018
Luke G.
Data Analyst
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 14, 2019

“Communication with team and self planning for simple tasks”

OverallGood use for simple planning.
ProsWhen you need to communicate with others internally in the company about informal tasks, it is great to use. For information that you gain throughout the day you can then add it to different rooms in the platform so you can inform yourself and others.
ConsNot very complex and should just be used for quick and not extremely important information. The presentation of the platform looks like many other similar ones as well so might be beneficial to be differentiated in terms of visual effects.
August 14, 2019
Danielle M.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees
December 13, 2018

“Fun and functional”

OverallI'm happy - we updated to Stride from HipChat, which I also liked, and Stride makes it really easy to have a quick chat/ask a question to a colleague without burdening their inbox or making a call when they might be busy. Helps with collaboration and teamwork!
ProsAbility to chat and even hold video meetings with colleagues right within the application; they provide a new user tip each time you log in which helps you learn the features quicker
ConsNothing as of yet, although I have used its basic functions and not really explored a lot of the additional features
December 13, 2018
Pavel O.
Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 23, 2018

“Good service ... it was good service”

ProsEasy to go, lightweight service with perfect meetings ability Bots are awesome
ConsIt will be working till ~ Feb 2019 then you have choice to move to Slack for 1/4 price
August 23, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
June 28, 2018

“So far, excellent experience.”

OverallEffective text communication and online collaboration (i.e., document sharing, texting, checking the history of text-based interactions).
ProsWe can share documents efficiently and effectively collaborate with each other. We can check the record of our chatting (texts) and search specific info recorded on Stride.
ConsThe quality of online meeting (video conference) has been quite low. Disconnection and/or difficulty of communication often occur.