Healthie Ratings

Overall

About Healthie

Healthie is a web and mobile platform for dietitians, nutritionists, health coaches, and other wellness professionals. Healthie is a comprehensive tool for practice management and telehealth, and includes core business features: scheduling, billing (out-of-pocket and insurance), charting (intake forms, e-signature, and note-templates), document sharing, secure messaging, client food logging, and more. Healthie is HIPAA, PIPEDA, GDPR, and PCI-compliant. Healthie has a no-commitment free trial. Learn more about Healthie

April N.
Registered Dietitian
December 6, 2017

“Streamlined functionality in a clean, easy-to-navigate platform.”

OverallA charting and scheduling tool in one, plus patient management & companion app. Clean, easy-to-navigate platform. Healthie also offers useful customer support and business resources to their subscribers.
ProsHealthie is intuitive! Especially when running your own company, you don't have time to spend 20 hours learning to navigate a platform. Healthie has clear navigation, buttons, and tools, both on the provider side as well as the client/customer side and interface. In addition, Healthie's customer support and provider support is second to none. Healthie offers webinars, bootcamps, and useful blog posts as well as guides and manuals free to their subscribers. They really care about helping dietetic entrepreneurs succeed in their businesses by improving their marketing, outreach, and efficiency. Their customer support team is also easily accessible both electronically by email or chat, and by phone. Their responses are prompt and thorough. Healthie has been a very smart investment for my growing business, and I would recommend it to any of my colleagues.
ConsI would recommend any provider test the telehealth functionality on their personal devices prior to any first meeting with a real client, to ensure they are comfortable with the platform, journal entries, how to chart, and ways to troubleshoot any issues that may arise. As with any new technology, there may be personal learning curves to overcome, until you are comfortable with the telehealth platform. That being said, with any issues that have arisen in my experience with the platform, Healthie's support team has been very prompt and accessible, and were able to resolve the issue quickly and effectively with minimal impact on productivity.
December 6, 2017
November 29, 2017

“Fantastic! Made starting my own practice easy!”

OverallIt was quick and easy to use.
ProsThere are so many things that I like about this software. I'll start with the photo food logging as it's key to getting results with my clients. To be able to see what my clients are eating and drinking and provide feedback directly is awesome. I also really like all the practice management features like scheduling, charting and billing. Really makes managing my own practice possible. And lastly I'm very impressed with the support. Whenever I have a question, the support team is ready and available and you can tell that everyone is very dedicated to the software.
ConsThe thing I like least about the software is the goals feature. Key to nutrition counseling and behavior modification is setting goals. I find this feature to not be very client friendly. I would like my clients to easily be able to see their goals on the phone app but it's difficult. I would also like to be able to archive goals and keep only current goals active. Because the software doesn't allow this, the goals build up with ongoing clients and it's confusing for the client to know which ones they're currently working on.
Leslie S.
Functional Nutritionist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
November 15, 2018

“Run Away”

OverallI'm glad other practitioners have had great experience with this platform, but my advice is to look elsewhere for a reliable EMR. I now use PracticeBetter which is excellent...and less expensive to boot. I haven't had one single issue since I implemented, nor have my clients. Run away. Fast.
ProsI liked the user interface. It was clean and pretty easy to navigate.
ConsI don't even know where to begin there are so many things wrong with this platform. In my knowledgable opinion (I'm a superuser and beta tester in both iOS and Windows operating systems) this application is not even beta level. First of all, none of the forms I created worked correctly as either intake or charting forms. Some of the information my clients entered didn't save or was auto-filled and saved in the wrong places on the form. I ended up re-entering my clients' data in the intake forms myself. BIG time waster! The same for charting. I lost an entire counseling session's (that's 2 hours!) charting notes, as well as the info entered by the client. Just gone, unrecoverable. That of course, is when my clients could actually access the forms in their portal, which most of them could not. Customer service was horrible. I can wait 10-30 minutes for a response to critical problems, but not 3 days, and most of the time I was given canned responses to my questions and obstacles that were anything but helpful and certainly did not resolve anything. The Telehealth platform was also unpredictable. I could initiate video calls but clients could not join the call. Clients were unable to sign in to their portals. Just today, despite my having cancelled my subscription 3 weeks ago, one of my clients received a session confirmation email from Healthie! This platform cost me valuable time and money and, most importantly, credibility with my clients.
November 15, 2018
Amy H.
Owner, Integrative Nutritionist
November 28, 2017

“Life & Business Changer!”

ProsEasy to navigate for practitioners and patients. I love how you can customize forms and give patients access to different levels of support/care. My newest favorite thing about Get Healthie is that my monthly follow up charting automatically pulls over my notes from the last appointment so I can see what we talked about without having to swap between screens.
ConsThe ONLY minor dislike I have is that it must be a data heavy program because it can run very slow from time to time. The most recent update did increase the speed a bit though!
Val E.
RD, owner
December 1, 2017

“Great company working hard to create the go-to platform for RDs”

ProsI enjoy the variety of features offered in a single program: client charting, billing, scheduling, reporting, telehealth, client app, e-fax
ConsUI is inconsistent and not always user-friendly. Product is expensive, especially for a new RD or one who is switching from another service.
Caitlin P.
Chiropractor
Medical Practice, Self-employed
September 4, 2018

“Great concept terrible execution”

OverallLots of promises with very little follow through and not nearly a complete working product. Horrendous Android experience. Terrible customer support. My patients can book online which is convenient, but I've never experienced a software product that feel so far short of its developer's claims. My only recourse now is to write as many bad reviews online about the company until they fix the problems that I'm paying for.
ProsIntegration of scheduling online for patients.
ConsPoor English throughout the app. Terrible Android support. Poor general support (submit ticket, long waits for responses, little to no actual support is given besides that they are "working on it"). My healthcare provider schedule shows a daily view from 2am to midnight even though I only see patients during normal hours. This makes viewing your daily schedule an absolute mess, especially when booked solid. Confusing credit based scheduling.
September 4, 2018
Loren S.
blogger
Internet, Self-employed
August 19, 2018

“The ideal software to maintain your health.”

OverallIt has allowed me to keep in touch with my nutritionist, it is an ideal software for our communication.
ProsIt can be used easily and intuitively, you don't need to be an expert, and you can use it from the phone comfortably, it has excellent tools and offers webinars and blog posts that are really useful to their subscribers, it allows the ideal communication between the nutritionist and his patient. Their customer support is is friendly and attentive.
ConsThe software is a bit heavy and sometimes has some errors that don't allow you to carry out the actions properly. It's expensive.
August 19, 2018
Sandy C.
Private Practice Dietitian, Nutrition Therapist
December 4, 2017

“Takes time getting used to but overall happy with the features. ”

OverallNeeded one Platform for all the things that are involved in patient care- CRM, scheduling, payments, billing insurance and messaging! Bravo!!
ProsKeeping client info, apts, charting and billing in one platform! I was using multiple platforms. Still have fax in another one because I don't want to change fax numbers.
ConsClients complain of many glitches - clumsiness in their end. It would be great to have a "Reminder Feature" so that we as RDs know when to check in with patients or other stuff between appointments. Also would be awesome to have EMail Marketing capabilities. I still use Mailchimp for my newsletters.
Jenna W.
Owner, Registered Dietitian

“EXCELLENT, easy, productive”

ProsThe ability to do everything I need to run a successful business in one platform is AMAZING. I was scared to start my own private practice because I didnt know how I was going to be able to do billing, paperwork, and organize myself, and set myself apart from other RDs - Healthie helps me do all of that and more!!!
ConsThe app is a little buggy sometimes, it quits and can be hard to respond in at times. The messages piece can be very slow. But the website portal has not let me down it is easy to manage and my clients really enjoy posting and utilizing it's features!
Janice I.
Health Coach
November 28, 2017

“Healthie has been extremely easy to use, is visually appealing, and has every feature I need.”

OverallComplete safe support of my client needs. Safe repository for client information and records. No worries about HIPAA compliance. Performance was quick and reliable. There was an upgrade in features, which made the calendar different to use from before, but one question to tech support solved that issue quickly.
ProsHealthie has been completely reliable, and is intuitive to use. It's organized well, and navigation is easy to pick up. Progression through its features is easy to grasp.
Jared H.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 30, 2019

“Wonderful for telehealth!”

Pros-Easy to use -Great video chats -Great text-based chats -Perfect for talking to a doctor, without going in to see a doctor!
Cons-Really, nothing to complain about, it made visiting my nutritionist so much easier!
April 30, 2019
Kelly S.
Nutrition and Wellness Consultant
December 3, 2017

“Overall positive experience with Healthie. It has a few key features that make my job easier.”

ProsI like the ability to create forms and intake flows for my patients. It is also very helpful to be able to separate new and existing patients, send different handouts, recipes, forms to complete, etc.
ConsThat it does not have a way for my patients to track macros (such as MyFitness Pal) within the interface.
December 3, 2017
November 28, 2017

“Great platform that keeps me organized. ”

OverallBenefits of making sure my online practice is HIPPA compliant.
ProsMy favorite part is having all my notes in order and easy to find. I also love that it gives my clients the option to log food, physical activity, etc.
ConsMy business is not full-time and is done more for fun. I wish there was an price option based off number of clients.
Carlyn R.

“Very great!”

ProsI like that it is easy to use for both me and my clients. I like that they can use the app to track their food, goals and contact with me.
ConsI wish they had a diet evaluation software that I could use to analyze patients diets. Then healthie would really be full service for dietitians
Dezi A.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
December 1, 2017

“I really love the customer support. I have often had trouble with both the application and platform”

ProsI like that it is HIPAA compliant, allows features to talk with your clients via app, the billing feature is great, and I enjoy the customer service.
ConsI think the phone application has a lot of bugs and could be much better; e.g. billing, picture edits to allow for feedback on portions (for example), it seems to crash often with my clients, as well as not offering a whole lot of social networking connection; e.g. having a Healthie RD profile and easy link to promote on IG, twitter or others. I have also had a lot of trouble with the scheduling feature; it's often that it doesn't work or sets up appointment slots that I did not want (initial consult when I need a follow up) even after following the directions.
Jasmine W.
Dietitian
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
November 28, 2017

“My experience was very pleasant and the staff is always willing to assist.”

ProsThe software is very client/patient friendly and includes all age groups. I love that the staff has no problem helping you with any tutorials and keeping you informed of any updates.
ConsSoftware can be difficult if you are not tech savory but Healthie helps guide you through the steps.
Shantea J.
November 28, 2017

“Great experience excellent customer service ”

OverallInsurance Billing and nutrition monitoring for clients
ProsI really like Healthie I love that this company really cares about their customers and their experience
ConsI initially didn't like the older software but it was easy to use. However the software has been updated no complaints
Ariel W.
Registered Dietitian
December 1, 2017

“Great on admin side, could greatly benefit from a better user experience for clients. ”

ProsEverything is all in one place. Billing, scheduling, telehealth video calls, easy links to your websites, etc.
ConsI wish my clients could check off their weekly goals as they achieved them. That would make a HUGE difference in engagement with them.
May 22, 2018

“Your management software good enough and great. Healthie has everything you need to manage your busi”

Overallimprovements in my business
ProsIt is easy to use, you connect easily with your information, establish your availability and types of appointment, send automatic reminders by email and text appointment, gives you a number of functions that provides a pleasant environment for your customers, no doubt great tool.
ConsI think I can not make a comment against because I have provided everything I look for more however The cost of the product is a little high, like mobile applications have many flaws.
May 22, 2018
Karol S.
Health Coach
December 4, 2017

“I'm not real computer saavy, so anything new sort of freaks me out until I get it.”

ProsI love communicating with patients back and forth, but I really need more training or time to learn it on my own. Work gets busy and it's hard to find time to fit it in. I'm only using the chat for the most part.
ConsI just don't think I'm utilizing this like I should. I honestly don't need all the parts to this, because I'm in a practice and not on my own. But I would like to visit with someone again since I'm finding out now more of why I want this and my questions make more sense now.
Bernice H.
Holistic Nutrition Consultant
December 1, 2017

“I have had great experience with the staff at getHelthie. They are readily available.”

OverallIt's easy for me to offer this to my clients and easy for them to use.
ProsIt is fairly easy to use for the client and for myself. Easy to plug in information. Set up to be ready to go. Better than something I could have created myself. I really like that the clients can input their own credit card numbers with out going though me.
ConsThere are some glitches that are being worked out. I would like to have a part that analyzes the clients food intake values.
Rukhsana S.
Owner/ RDN., CDE
December 1, 2017

“I have not started charting on a regular basis. I am sure that once I get over the paperless way I w”

ProsLove your staff and their patience with me. The format can be adapted to my needs which is helpful to customize my practice which helps me to communicate my philosophy. I am hoping spend more time ti increase my comfort level and use the system very effectively
ConsThe cons are more my hesitancy in going full force with EHR. Being a paper "charter" for so many years, switching my mindset will require a shift in my thinking.
Peggy P.
President and Owner
December 1, 2017

“Healthie has helped me tremendously with the streamlining my back office!”

OverallSaves time and keeps me organized! I like having one place to go for all of my needs.
ProsIt saves me time on administrative tasks and makes billing very easy. I like the programs intuitive nature and ease of use. It's also attractive to customers due to the colors, graphics and design used throughout the website.
ConsRequires time to set up existing patients in the program. Not all my eating disordered patients want to use the journaling interface.
Hilary A.
physician
June 27, 2018

“ It is a very low quality product with poor customer support.”

ProsThe look of the platform is very appealing with pretty colors but don't be fooled. The attractiveness of software is not reflected in its usability.
ConsThis product offer terrible customer support. There are no phone numbers to call anyone to get your questions answered. When you use the live chat the simply send you links to their help page over and over again. Good luck trying to speak to a real person. Additionally, the software will not work if you see children in your practice because it give children less than one year the age of zero. I was told this feature would be fixed for several months and so paid and waited for the feature but it never happened and I just found out there is no intention for them to create that feature. Such a waste of both time and money.
June 27, 2018
Laura M.
Certified Health Coach (also an FNP)
December 4, 2017

“I think the platform is one of the easiest I have come across. Cust. Serv. is superb!”

OverallSo far, it is helping me look and feel more professional with my company. I believe it will help leverage my company especially when my website goes live. I will be curious when I add in the group coaching call to the platform. I need to figure out how to get my current clients on board to see how easy it is to share information with me.
ProsIt's easy, user friendly and straight forward. I have been through 3 EMR platforms at my last clinic and they only seem to get worse for efficiency.
Mikka K.
November 29, 2017

“Private Practice Registered Dietitian”

ProsI love the customization abilities. The ability to make your own intake forms and charting forms is a great function. I also really like that the HIPAA form was prepared for us.
ConsI don't like that when you bill a person it shows up on their bank statement as Healthie. I wish I could customize it to say my practice name. I'd also really like to post the client packages to my website without the prices showing up.
Samantha S.
Dietitian
December 1, 2017

“I enjoy using the Healthie App and i've had success with it”

ProsI like how many features it has and how it incorporates a lot of systems into one software. I like how it allows people to keep track of their own journaling and logging, no more paper work to keep track of.
ConsI wish the calendar had more options almost like calendly or schedule once. I wish there was more guidance for patients on how to use the app when they get started and log in.
Emma N.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

October 26, 2018
December 5, 2017

“Healthie has been a wonderful tool to help me streamline my practice by having everything I need ”

ProsThe customer service and ability to have everything integrated into one platform. I love the journal that allows clients to easily log everything
ConsIt does take some time to get use to and figure out exactly how to navigate everything. Sometimes I wish the way you upload an already created document was easier and can be done without asking for support
December 5, 2017
Heather C.
November 29, 2017

“Healthie gave me the confidence boost I needed to start my private practice. ”

ProsI love the customer support system! Any time I have a question I can easily use the chat feature. This is an easy way to access Healthie articles in addition to getting real time feedback. No need to look for contact info. I also like the calendar sync option so all my appointments are recorded in Healthie and my Google calendar.
Neilawattie Merna T.
Owner/Holistic Nutritionist/Wellness Consultant

“ Good customer support”

ProsThe software gives you the option to create a secure video chat with clients. The Forms are simple to use.
ConsThe software needs more metrics and options to customize the user experience. Should give you the option to write recipes or detail protocols for clients.
Amanda V.
Dietetic Intern
November 30, 2017

“It's an easy way for the client and counselor to be in almost constant communication. ”

OverallAs a student, it was a great was to brush up not the ADIME charting format and to get a good picture of what being a private practice dietitian looks like.
ProsMy favorite feature is the picture style food journal. It's a great way to get a literal snapshot of what the client is eating.
Higher Education, Unspecified
December 1, 2017

“Excellent customer service - which is my highest priority”

ProsI love the features - more than I expected. I think this app will work well for dietitians in private practice.
ConsYou should already have a client base. If not, there is a chance it might not be a cost effective. Otherwise, I think this program is excellent.
Marilena D.
Receptionist
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
March 10, 2019

“Healthie app for better health ”

ProsI love using Healthie software because I see big progress on nutrition and food choices that I made
ConsSometimes ingredients are hard to find so I take replacements
March 10, 2019
Clivia B.
International Affairs, 11-50 employees
February 25, 2019

“Login issues”

OverallFrustrating!
Prosuploading is easy and filling out the information.
ConsThe problem I have is that every time I try to login it tells my login is incorrect when it is not so each time I have to reset password to get in.....not user friendly. then when I look to contact them to tell them about it there is no contact us anywhere.
February 25, 2019