Nitro Ratings

Overall
4.1/5

About Nitro

The Nitro Productivity Suite combines the latest version of Nitro Pro - the leading replacement for Adobe Acrobat - with Nitro Cloud, a new browser-based application which provides unlimited electronic signatures and powerful PDF productivity tools, to deliver one easy-to-use, affordable solution that helps enterprises measurably accelerate digital transformation across the organization. Learn more about Nitro

Stacy M.
Lead
Events Services, 11-50 employees

“PDF made easy”

OverallOur switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.
ProsCost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.
ConsNothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.
Racey C.
IT Manager
February 6, 2018

“NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat”

OverallNot paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.
ProsFor the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.
ConsThe only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen. You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another. Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).
February 6, 2018
Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager
Insurance, 51-200 employees
October 16, 2019

“Nothing better for PDFs!”

OverallSo many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.
ProsNitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!
ConsThe interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.
October 16, 2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 18, 2019

“Using pdf has never been so easy.”

OverallIn the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.
ProsOf the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.
ConsI have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.
January 18, 2019
Hospitality, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“Free PDF Creator”

OverallI love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.
ProsI use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.
ConsWhen you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.
August 22, 2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
March 20, 2019

“Efficient, Smart and User Friendly ”

OverallI have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.
ProsI am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market. As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client's specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features. You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file. It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.
ConsThere are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
January 23, 2019

“A good Editor and pdf reader for users”

OverallThis made my life easier, and would definitely recommend this to my friends and Co- workers.
ProsNitro explains thas issue, it's converter is the best it is hands on its best element. Where it truly sparkles is while changing over PDFs, how often do we have a pdf and we require some piece of the report or an exceed expectations table and it's a bad dream to reorder them in view of configurations. This is a decent PDF peruser it will take care of business. Nitro has an element where you can change over it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and furthermore to Image jpeg. I cherish this program since it has pleasant highlights which can enable you to alter, Read/View, and furthermore you dont need to hustle changing over any record. The most I cherish about nitro is that I can complete an advanced mark and I can alter the pdf the manner in which I need.
ConsI don't have anything to say about it's cons but in the future they can apparatuses can be enhanced for the openness everything being equal, frequently restricting the instruments to utilize somewhat more promoting and installment strategies available to all nations in their local money.
January 23, 2019
Tim S.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 5001-10,000 employees

“I was skeptical”

OverallTo compete with the king of this platform, you have to either be free or really good. Happily, Nitro is really good. The controls are, not surprisingly, different that the big A, but well laid-out and intuitive. And there is no comparison in terms of cost savings, so if you can live with it being a bit slower, you may be well-advised to try Nitro out.
ProsTo my pleasant surprise, Nitro brought a large suite of effective features to an industry dominated by one player. They worked really well, giving a cost-effective alternative.
ConsIt runs a bit slower than its primary rival. Generally not a problem, but if you are creating or even viewing a large number of pdf's this is frustrating.
Vijay A.
Business Head
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 15, 2019

“Great Product”

OverallOver all i have been extremely satisfied. Most of the features especially the PDF to other format conversion do a great job.
ProsI like its ease of use. quite intuitively designed. Also quite powerful. The features are pretty good.
ConsI would like it to be little faster and little lighter. If needed create a separate version which is lighter and have limited use cases which are the most frequently used.
September 15, 2019
Harris A.
ICT professional
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
August 21, 2019

“Decent affordable option”

OverallDecent, good option for both free and paid options
ProsThe free version offers more functionality than competition it does what it says (full read and basic annotation capabilities) i like its virtual printer which i use often to produce pdfs out of documents, web pages etc The paid (Pro) version offers advanced editing functionalities
ConsNot something particular. Perhaps not many options to merge, or adjust quality (and size) of the pdfs, but this is common to most of the pdf viewers. For merge and adjust i use PDF SAM (Split and Merge)
August 21, 2019
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 25, 2019

“Nitro - Review”

ProsIt is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.
ConsIt frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)
July 25, 2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
January 16, 2019

“One of my favorite PDF tools so far”

OverallI use NitroPDF for all my lecture notes. It really helped me to save time while combining all my documents together
ProsI am counting on NitroPDF all the time. It is a great tool that I use for most of my documents and I like that it is very easy to use. One of the most important functions that I use is combining my documents in to one PDF file and NitroPDF does this job in a great and fast way. Also file conversion is another great, I can convert almost all my documents format to any file extension I need. Lastly, the price of the NitroPDF Pro is very reliable and considered to be cheap compared to other softwares/
ConsI wish if NitroPDf was available for my iPhone and iPad. Other than that it is one of my favorite PDF tools
January 16, 2019
Jose Luis P.
Quality Chief
Building Materials, 1001-5000 employees
June 9, 2019

“Nitro, PDF administration made easy”

OverallI use nitro to generate PDF files from all of our technical data sheets for all of the products we sell. It supported large amount of files without getting stuck. You can play with the protection optioms to ensure a proper usage of the files. I love it, I would recommend using this software without hesitation.
ProsMostly its easier to use than other software in the market, plus, its A LOT CHEAPER than its first competitor (Acrobat). I liked how well and fluid it worked managing large amounts of heavy files. I liked how the trial version gave me an idea of how well it behaved, to buy later the pro version.
ConsIt does not handle all the file types that Acrobat does. I dont need them right now but, you never know when those capabilities can be needed.
Innocent M.
IT Specialist
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
November 2, 2018

“Nitro PDF ( Review )”

OverallI used to hustle trying to convert some PDF to word or any other different format. it was so stressful since i had to use an online converter of which it's not efficient as it consumes a lot of time converting online. Now am able to convert it without a hustle.
ProsI love this program because it has nice features which can allow you to edit, Read/View, and also you dont need to hustle converting any document. Nitro has a feature where you can convert it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and also to Image jpeg. The most i love about nitro is that i can do a digital signature and i can edit the pdf the way i want.
ConsThe Programs needs you to have a license so that you can enjoy all the features freely.
November 2, 2018
KARLA ANDREINA G.
ANALISTA DE RECURSOS HUMANOS
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2018

“Such a bad reader but with excellent conversion tools”

OverallNitro is such an amazing pdf converter, but such a bad pdf reader. I don't recommend you use this as your standalone pdf software but for you to complement it with a good pdf reader and you will have a really satisfactory experience.
ProsNitro is an excellent software for PDF conversion both for pdf converted documents and for scanned ones with its OCR tool. I constantly use it for converting my documents to word and excel format whenever I need to.
ConsSomething that really messes up my conversions is if the document is watermarked, I would love if they could work on this issue. Also as a reader it works too slow for me, my computer lags a lot and even transitioning from a page to the other is a painful experience.
August 27, 2018
Mark R.
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees
June 13, 2019

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”

OverallThe complete lack of support has sent me elsewhere. I have been fooling around with them for well over a month with no resolution. GOODBYE
ProsEasy to use, this software has great features, it is probably the best software for PDF programs.
ConsThe customer support, or rather lack thereof. The support team takes an extremly long time to reply 4-5 days on some emails. They keep sending the same broken link, and same answers. They do not have a number or a person that you can speak to. It is a shame for software to have such crappy service when the product is good.
June 13, 2019
Andy S.
Accounting Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great PDF Editor/Viewer”

OverallNitro has helped save us time and printing paper that we turn around throwing out. In return it has made us more efficient and save us money on printing and paper.
ProsThis has been a tremendous help with editing and combing PDF files. We have tried to take the green approach and get away from printing and re scanning documents. With Nitro we can take part of a PDF document and part of other PDF Documents and organize them into a new PDF file with the information we need. We use to have to print those pages off and re scan them into a new PDF, only wasting paper.
ConsThere are no cons about this software, it does what it is intended to do.
July 18, 2019
Larry P.
Sole Proprietor
Photography, Self-employed
January 15, 2019

“Nitro beats them all”

OverallI run a tight and frugal business model. Adobe products kept getting more expensive and sort of bloated, with ever-present updates and warnings about malware and all of those issues that have become common with popular software. I found Nitro Pro 8 to be absolutely the perfect alternative. I have NEVER had an issue with it.
ProsNitro Pro 8 is less intrusive, less expensive, and is faster than all other PDF programs I have tried and discarded. I use it in my business, creating a PDF of each invoice that I send to my clients. Nitro kept their product lean and efficient, and has never intruded into the process of doing its job.
ConsI can't actually think of anything I don't like.
January 15, 2019
Yeni O.
Product Engineer
Computer Software, Unspecified
July 16, 2018

“Greatly reduced our paper use.”

ProsNitro is a beautiful document collaboration tool ,allowing colleagues to drop markups and notes on forms and documents ,so the next person accessing the form encounters little difficulty understanding the form or documents. I also like how I am able to convert Microsoft word documents into pdf and vice versa ,using Nitro.In summary Nitro has reduced to the barest minimum,the use of paper in my organization and has so far served as a dependable digital workflow for our daily activity.
ConsI encounter difficulties opening pdf documents, created with the newer Adobe formatting styles on Nitro.
July 16, 2018
Jamie R.
Supervisor of Client Services
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Nitro Pro!”

ProsThe thing that I like the most about Nitro Pro is the price! We have Adobe Creative Suites on the majority of our computers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on Adobe's PDF program per month on four or five of our other computers that don't have Adobe Suite. Nitro is extremely cheaper than that and isn't a monthly fee. The software is also easy to use--we can edit, sign, and manipulate files using this program the same as we would with Adobe.
ConsThere isn't really a downside to this software at all. It does what we need it to do and works greatly for our business.
Delys C.
Analista
June 13, 2018

“program designed to meet the needs of its users”

OverallEase in the daily exercise of my activities within the administration of the company congratulations
ProsThe ease of its tools to modify documents received practical and useful for the conversion of files, material and scanned documents, versatility of use in edition and works, facilitates the daily work of the office in what corresponds edision of works and documentation of importacia
Consin the long term, the tools can be improved for the accessibility of all users, often limiting the tools to use a little more advertising and payment methods accessible to all countries in their native currency
June 13, 2018
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
April 21, 2019

“Nitro Review”

ProsNitro gives me the ability to convert PDF files to Microsoft word doc, also i can view pdf files, input entries into PDF forms and much more. With nitro its all in one package so i do need to need to utilize another PDF reader to view documents. Nitro also has Nitro Cloud where i can save all my files and retrieve them from any device either from mobile or laptop. Another good feature of using Nitro is the ability to set password to PDF docs and keep my contents secure at all times. Moreover, Nitro is the only application that works on Mobile phones, i am always on the go and need app to view PDF files right away, and so by using nitro App its great.
ConsNitro is pricing can be a little expensive considering there are new releases of the application each year, and i have to buy new licenses every time when a new Nitro is available to use.
April 21, 2019
Eliud del Jesus M.
Analista IT Senior
May 22, 2018

“ It is surprising how easy it is to manage PDF documents and convert them.”

Overalla great element for the handling of documents in pdf and in another format.
Pros there are many benefits for this software the ease of handling PDF is one of them, besides not only remains in their world but also allows you to convert them back to your original driver either Word, Exccel or other up to an image , and it does not matter if the user is very expert or not in the matter.
Consmany of the documents that are converted from pdf to another format are not arranged many times as desired, sometimes only converts them to texts but totally disordered, this is a bit annoying.
May 22, 2018
Doriann M.
Analista de Sistemas
201-500 employees
July 5, 2018

“Powerful tool to do all the necessary work on pdf files.”

OverallNitro PDF was my main ally when it came to converting the legal files of an organization in which I worked to PDF format. The results are excellent and fast, in addition to being able to extract sheets of different documents to join it in a new file. It is also great to be able to add notes to the pdf.
ProsThe tool to separate and join pdf files is perfect, it allows you to create documents by taking certain sheets of other files. The tool to convert PDF to Word, Excel and Power Point is also very powerful.
ConsThe conversion tool from PDF to Excel works well in files with few data, if the document has a lot information, the conversion can be a disaster. The amount of features can make it run very slow if your computer has few resources.
July 5, 2018
EYLENTH P.
Analista de Ambiente
March 22, 2018

“Nitro is an excellent pdf reader and editor”

OverallIt's feature for converting pdfs to other formats is wonderful and it makes nitro an excellent tool to have in any company or business
ProsNitro is a great pdf reader and editor, on par with other options on the market, it's pdf editing features, and most of all it's capabilities to convert pdfs to other formats such as doc and xls make it a really powerful tool.
ConsWhile nitro shines in pdf editing and conversion, it tends to be a little slow. Also since most people are familiarized with other pdf programs, starting to use nitro can be overwhelming
March 22, 2018
Javier D.
Customer Success Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
October 9, 2019

“Excellent editor and creator of pdf documents”

OverallI use Nitro almost every day, not only to edit documents that were converted to PDFs but to convert them into another format editable by any user. The tool is very powerful and worth the cost of the license.
ProsNitro is not only an excellent PDF creator but converts any PDF into a Word, Excel, Power Point, Image, etc. file. Also if the PDF is armed with images with text, you can make it editable. It's excellent!
ConsThe buttons with the functions could be better placed in the application. For new users, it is more difficult to use the application.
October 9, 2019
Natalie J.
Student
April 18, 2019

“Great PDF software”

OverallVery fast and reliable pdf software that can be used for converting and combing documents easily. I highly recommend this tool.
ProsNitro is a great pdf software that I used a lot. It is a very light software that opens my files so quickly. I edit, convert and combine many documents together using this tool. The price is so nice compared to many other programs. I also, like the password protection feature that keep my personal documents safe.
ConsNothing at all. Nito pdf is a great tool that I use all the time.
April 18, 2019
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
February 16, 2019

“Cheaper than Adobe alternatives”

OverallA great lower cost alternative to Adobe Acrobat with nearly all of the same features.
ProsThe purchasing decision was primarily made due to the one off licensing cost. It is really easy to install and offers nearly all the features of adobe acrobat. nitro offer the option to upgrade older licenses for a lower cost than purchasing outright which is nice.
ConsYou don't get any feature updates after the initial purchase. They also don't have a Mac version which is a shame as the demand for one is there.
February 16, 2019
501-1000 employees
August 1, 2018

“A very decent pdf reader and writer”

ProsIt is very easy to use, and is user friendly. As a pdf reader and writer, this is an excellent option if you want to avoid using Adobe products. I am able to manipulate the pages and content of pdf documents with little trouble.
ConsI made the jump from Adobe to Nitro, and it took some time to get used to. There were some features in Adobe that aren't available in Nitro, but I have been able to get around this. Nitro's user manual is not great. I've had to figure some things out myself.
David R.
Student
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“Great tool of PDF ”

OverallI use Nitro all the time for reading, converting and merging my documents together. It has been a great experience so far!
ProsI consider Nitro as the best PDF tool in the market for many reasons. It works great on my old laptop without any issues. Also, I can convert and combine any file to a PDF extension without having any formatting errors. The price of Nitro is great compared to any other software in the market.
ConsNo issues at all with NitroPDF. It is a great software!
Computer & Network Security, 1001-5000 employees
July 24, 2018

“Amazing! Goodbye Adobe, forever ”

ProsThis software is the iPhone of PDF editors. Every single task could be completed by a second grader. It's ability to grab and drop text and ability to convert docs to Word, Excel and PowerPoint in seconds is amazing. You can also edit PDFs very easily. It can also be integrated with Exchane and o365, so you can turn an email into a pdf in a second.
ConsNo cons of this software so far. I have been using Adobe for years, and will never go back after using this software.
July 24, 2018
Anderson Y.
Theology Consultant
June 25, 2018

“very pleasant”

OverallYou can get all benefits offered by adobe and even more.
ProsIt does everything that adobe does and even more. I can open my PDFs and convert them into word, excel, powerpoint documents. I can combine different files, and it's very easy to use and it is not overpriced.
ConsTo be honest I don't have any problem with this software. I just started using a trial version, which came with my laptop and because I really liked I decided to buy a license. Since then I have been following all updates.
June 25, 2018
Peter P.
Attorney
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“Product works, Customer Service is horrible”

OverallI am generally happy with the product (although it is slow on certain things such as OCR), but as noted above, the Customer Service is simply horrible.
ProsIt works okay, much less expensive than Adobe Acrobat
ConsCustomer Service is horrible. I have had to re-activate my license at least three or four times in the one year that I have been using the product. I have NOT changed computers, but apparently, each time my laptop updates something (I have no clue what), my license deactivates. There is no one that I can reach out to at the company to let them know of my problem, no customer service availability. No phone, and no e-mail for feedback. I am sorry that we are using this product and will probably switch the next chance we get.
August 1, 2019
Omar A.
clerk
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 9, 2019

“Explain my experience using Nitro”

OverallThis problem has been checked and justified
Pros  The program is small in size compared to the functions performed by to deal with files pdf different. With a simple interface, attractive and easy to use and divided into several tabs for easy to convert pdf files and modify them. With Nitro PDF you can open more than PDF in single page inside the program is the idea of opening more of the site within the Google Chrome browser or Firefox. The possibility of converting word files to pdf with ease and vice versa. Convert pdf files to excel and vice versa. You can also convert pdf files to image or group of images to PDF with ease and reduce the size of the file after you make the conversion. Also includes Nitro PDF a lot of options to modify and edit merge to insert text and images and various graphics to with specify the date, time and bookmarks within the file pdf. Possibility to add different frames and pdf files to embellish it and make it more elegant and attractive and fit every taste and numbered
Cons problem of the response : the program Nitro PDF stop responding after you open the file PDFF a few times . This problem has been reported constantly by many users who work heavily with PDF files where the program Nitro Pro completely and cause the suspension system, which pays users to re-run the system completely to use it . This was one of The within Nitro Pro repeated. 2 - the inability to open a specific file : the problem here is that user able to open all the PDF files from the source only one file . Has continued this problem on Windows XP and Windows 7 - 64-Bit
Brandon M.
IT Auditor
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees
June 3, 2019

“The best so far”

OverallManaging pdf files had been a headache for me before specially when the files provided are scanned documents, wherein you cannot use the "find" function or even just to highlight a word, but Nitro came very handy and solved all the headache-causing issues with pdf files.
ProsThis is, by far, the best PDF editor I have used. It has so many features and functions to offer not usually found on conventional PDF editor. Nitro helped us a lot with its extract and combine functions. It came very handy when we had to deal with many pdf supporting docs from our audit partners. I also liked its OCR ability which is kind of accurate as far as I have used it.
ConsConversion to other file formats seems to be the weakest feature of this software, specially when converting to a PDF file to excel. The wordings seem to be jumbled or grouped into tables when converted from pdf to excel.
June 3, 2019
Aaron L.
IT Manager
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
May 2, 2019

“Good PDF Editor Tool”

OverallMade editing of documents simple
ProsCost of program and ease of use to manage licenses
ConsEase of use is not as straightforward as Adobe
May 2, 2019
Ígor S.
Consultor independiente SQL
July 6, 2018

“unifies all the options to work with PDF file of several programs”

OverallI saved a lot of money by not having to print things that should be sent again by mail with a simple signature and stamp
ProsAllows to convert several types of files to PDF, allows you to digitally stamp and sign documents (you must scan it first) , by doing this you are avoiding printing many things, which will save you money and is more ecological, especially in the case where you should print something just to sign it and send it by mail. allows you to create a virtual printer with which you can print digitally in a PDF file any file or image that can be printed physically
ConsThe price is somewhat expensive if you are a single user, but the benefit is that for that price will serve up to 50 licenses and you will have one year of the Cloud service
July 6, 2018
Oriana Veruska G.
June 28, 2018

“If they improve it's converter it would be perfect”

OverallDefinetly nitro is a great pdf reader and converter, I would love if they could improve it's conversions when the documents are watermarked, but overall it is really solid.
ProsNitro is definetly a good pdf reader and converter, it is really solid and stable while reading, it doesn't freeze as much as other readers and it is surprizingly not that heavy.
ConsNitro should do something to improve it's document pdf to word conversion, because when the document is signed my conversion is messed up.
June 28, 2018
Edymar D.
Voluntario
June 10, 2018

“Excellent software and very useful”

OverallWith this software I have been able to save paper and time by avoiding unnecessary printing, since I can digitally add the signature and stamp of the documents I sent by email
ProsIt is very easy to use, you can convert files from office to pdf in simple steps, you can also add the user's handwritten signature and the company stamp in a digital way, so you can avoid printing the document to sign and seal and then re-digitize it to send it via email. It allows to create a virtual printer to create pdf when printing as does Google Chrome.
ConsI think it should have a price option of one to ten users, since the price is high for a basic user.
June 10, 2018
Abraham C.
Gerente asistente
March 26, 2018

“In a few words the Nitro software is an excellent product, it is a very powerful tool, Excellent ”

OverallYou can create, convert, edit, combine, protect, create forms and save your files in PDF format
ProsIn a few words the Nitro software is the total alternative to Adobe Acrobat, it allows me to do more with PDF files with powerful tools to create, convert, edit, combine, protect, create forms and save your files in standard PDF format of the market
ConsIt can be said that this product has its disadvantages such as: It does not allow to embed video and audio files, No mobile application, Lack of integration with online system, OCR fails for large documents, Slowness when loading large PDF files compared to Acrobat
March 26, 2018
Ganjar W.
August 27, 2019

“Nitro best pdf processor for your value of money”

OverallI use Nitro to produce documents and letters necessary for college classes. Thus, it is very convenient to use Nitro.
ProsNitro provides complete tools to work with pdf files. Not only capable of reviewing and marking up files, users can use Nitro to split, combine or edit their pdf files. All these features are put in very intuitive user interface, which tremendously helps casual users.
ConsNitro PDF sometime hangs and crashes while processing documents. This is rather unfortunate since the incidents will disrupt the workflow.
August 27, 2019
Md Alamgir K.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2019

“NitroPDF > any other pdf reader”

ProsI have used Adobe, Foxit readers but none of them were able to satisfy my exact need. I have been using Nitro PDF for more than 5 years. It's more than sufficient for editing, reviewing with its incredible features than any other above mentioned software. Price is also satisfactory. Highly recommended
ConsIt has a minor problem while saving your pdf after editing sometimes it gets hangs.
February 19, 2019
May 9, 2018

“Best PDF reader/writer I've found”

ProsEasy, full featured product that costs far less than other, similarly capable options. I'm a huge fan of the OCR and document signing features in particular.
ConsI really have no problems whatsoever with the product. It fits all of my needs, but, if I were to quibble about anything, it would be the relative speed of handling large PDFs. This is a problem with any similarly-situated product, however, so not a knock on Nitro.
May 9, 2018
Dawn H.
Owner/President/CEO
Retail, Unspecified
March 16, 2018

“Great software”

OverallEasy to use for reading and editing PDF files.
ProsAvailable as Nitro PDF download that is not only free but allows you to sign documents and also do some editing. One of my favorite software applications. I use it on a daily basis and find it works better than its more well-known counterpart. I have never had to use support. Very easy to figure things out yourself or use their help files.
ConsNothing to dislike. This is a great product. I think it is even better than the "other" brand that most people use. The cost is a little high but it is still less expensive than that other software.
March 16, 2018
Daniel M.
Associate Professor
March 5, 2019

“My favorite PDF software”

OverallThe best PDF solution. It helps me to convert the files from any extension to another. Highly recommended!
ProsNitroPDF is a great software that I use for converting my documents. I like it because it is fast and allows me to convert and combine my documents quickly. The price also is very convenient compared to others in the market.
ConsThere is nothing that I can remember for the moment.
March 5, 2019
Paul K.
Quality Manager
Medical Devices, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Switched from Adobe Professional to Nitro Pro - sceptical at first, but starting to like it”

OverallDue to the less intuitive digital signature feature and the lack of supporting my electronic signature pad I had been very skeptical of Nitro in the beginning. Now that I have the digital signature application figured out, I am finding myself choosing Nitro over Adobe more frequently.
ProsI use the form and text editing features frequently. The text editing works so much better with Nitro then it did with Adobe. The forms are easy to use, however took the longest time getting used to during the transition. The amount of resources online that explain how to accomplish certain things with Nitro are plenty and very helpful.
ConsThe greatest challenge and for me personally biggest disadvantage of Nitro compared to Adobe Acrobat is the digital signature functionality. Getting a digital, validated signature on a document that is subsequently looked for any further editing is not intuitive and had had to watch and read various online resources to figure it out. Also, I am unable to get my electronic signature pad to work, even though both Nitro and the pad manufacturer claim its compatibility with Nitro.
Kyle H.
Audit Associate
Accounting, Unspecified
August 1, 2018

“Nitro is a great alternative to Adobe PDF reader”

OverallEfficient PDF capabilities
ProsI love how Nitro allows you to easily convert PDF's into text so that you can actually manipulate the content within the PDF. Also, Nitro will convert the PDF into any of the Microsoft Office files that are needed for the job.
ConsThe user interface isn't the easiest to navigate through. Simply saving the file requires additional clicks that most other software does not.
Remus S.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 25, 2018

“A very user-friendly interface and a reliable piece of software!”

ProsWell, going for Nitro Pdf boils down to answering the question: why Nitro and not Adobe? Firstly, theres the price, which is definitely on the former's side. Secondly, there are a number of aspects that I like about Nitro. It has a well-organized interface so that the features one commonly uses with a Pdf software can be seen at a glance. And this has a lot to do with Microsoft Office's ribbon design, which makes Nitro a much more comfortable experience than Adobe. Closely related to Nitro's well-thought interface are the useful and discreet popups at opening a document. They inform you whether the Pdf is restricted, signed, scanned, etc. suggesting at the same time a course of action. Now, to be more specific, I like that you can rely on using Nitro's OCR, as converting image-based Pdfs to editable text yields accurate results. If you just want to turn documents into Word, you'll find that the process is fast and truthful to the original Pdf. Combining and splitting documents are also very easy.
Cons I haven't found any drawbacks so far. In fact, it's good to see that unlike some older versions, which seemed somewhat unstable to me, the current Nitro is a stable and reliable tool.
July 25, 2018
February 15, 2018

“Super easy to use!”

ProsFantastic program and super easy to use for editing, combining and reviewing PDF documents. I find all of the features very straightforward and the interface is very user friendly. I prefer this over other similar products.
ConsThe only gripe I have is that I'm yet to locate a 'print all' function for when you have multiple tabs open. It may exist, I just haven't found it!
February 15, 2018
Sandy M.
Occupational Medicine
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
November 21, 2017

“An excellent, versatile alternative to Adobe Acrobat, minus the expense.”

OverallAll the features of Adobe Standard Edition, with a multitude of extra features, and none of the high cost subscription fees.
ProsI have been using Adobe Acrobat Standard in its various editions (currently XI) for many years and have been very satisfied with it, but now that they have moved to cloud mode, they have discontinued support for their current non-cloud version forcing me to find an alternative to this complicated and relative featureless version of Adobe. Fortunately, Nitro PDF Pro has filled the gap easily and with MUCH less expense. It has a multitude of easy to use features, in fact easily surpassing Adobe, and manages a variety of documents with ease.
ConsThe learning curve for me was a little steep, but I am so used to Adobe that I think that was really the only problem. I have only been using it for about six weeks, and have already become quite comfortable with it, and have experienced no problems that I could not resolve. I had one little issue that I contacted tech support about, and they answered me within hours, completely resolving my problem.
November 21, 2017