Windscribe Ratings

Overall

About Windscribe

Windscribe is a VPN desktop application and VPN/proxy browser extension that work together to block ads, trackers, restore access to blocked content, secure online communications and help you safeguard your privacy online. Learn more about Windscribe

Topik ..
Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 28, 2019

“Windscribe is THE best VPN, hands down, no question”

OverallWindscribe has never let me down. It is a great VPN that everybody should be using.
ProsIn short, speed, reliability, safety, generosity, and convenience. If you would like to know why, keep reading. When it comes to speed, Windscribe is a cheetah racing deer. Windscribe delivers the fastest speeds compared to the competition. Before Windscribe, I hesitated to use VPNs at all due to how much it slowed down my connection. You either had to sacrifice security or speed. With Windscribe, no sacrifices are needed. Not even to your wallet. If you don't use VPNs much or don't want to spend money on a VPN, Windscribe's free tier works amazingly great. With the free tier alone, you get a good amount of locations at a fast speed with a 15GB per month cap. If you upgrade, you unlock even faster speeds and a total of 57 locations. Giving away such a great free tier really shows what Windscribe is all about. One of the most unique aspects of Windscribe is it's generous referral system. If you refer a friend to Windscribe using your affiliate link, you and your friend both get an extra gigabyte added to your monthly plan. The best part is, if your friend decides to get Windscribe Pro, you also get it. And that counts for anybody that you invite. If they upgrade to Pro, you get the exact same plan for the exact same time. No charge to you. Seems great, right? Well, there's one more thing. If you have lots of computers and not a lot of money, you can upgrade your account by mining Monero. The more you mine, the more credits you get. Once you hit a certain n
ConsI really am a happy customer with Windscribe. To this day, I haven't had any issues at all.
January 28, 2019
YURY K.
March 22, 2018

“I use Windscribe VPN for a long time and this program has proven to be on the good side.”

OverallThis VPN allows you to use the Internet without worrying that the data can get to the provider. It will easily unlock websites blocked in the country, as well as allow to use services unavailable in the country. All servers support anonymous torrent download and nobody will know about it. If you want to access is banned in your region site to block tracking activity and make sure that your actions are not logged by the ISP, then VPN Windscribe is a great choice. Windscribe VPN has a high level of protection and is easy to use.
ProsWindscribe VPN is a secure VPN service designed for anonymous surfing on the web and circumventing regional restrictions when visiting blocked sites and allows you to absolutely anonymously visit pages on the Internet without the risk of tracking advertising modules. Windscribe VPN has an easy to use VPN client, convenient, modern and intuitive interface. In the desktop application developed built-in feature of the firewall that allow you to disable all connections that are established not through the VPN. Thus, Windscribe VPN provides an extra layer of protection, preventing leakage of your real IP address. The program offers three different connection modes that use different ports to circumvent any limitations of your Internet service providers. Windscribe VPN does not store any logs about the connection. Connection of the selected server takes a few seconds. There is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, which allows you to hide information about your browser, remove ads from the site, remove social buttons, remove tracking on sites and so on. If necessary, you can create secure links. I like that they have servers in many countries of the world, and even in Libya. Windscribe VPN is a cross-platform service for computers, browsers, mobile phones, TV, routers, NAS and torrent clients Windscribe VPN has an unlimited number of connections and you can use one account for all family members.
ConsWhen installing simultaneous connections from two locations can seriously slow down the speed of the Internet. Sometimes, when you disable the service, my real IP address is not restored for some time, even after the restart. Shows the subsidiary provider. We have to wait a while. The big cost of a lifetime license.
March 22, 2018
Internet, Self-employed
October 8, 2019

“The best vpn”

OverallI feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don't need to lose time on setups.
ProsIt is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.
ConsReally don't see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.
October 8, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“Easy to Use VPN Service with Vast Amount of Servers”

ProsWith security being of our top priorities in our office, we have Windscribe installed on each one of our office computers. While it would be reasonable to think that any VPN would have a massive effect on the connection quality to our computers, with Windscribe that effect is minimal to non-existent. They have an extensive server farm that ensures that regardless of your location, you will be able to connect to a server that is within a short distance, especially in the United States.
ConsOne thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server. This feature, at times, can fail to connect to the closest server but this typically happens when using a mobile device that is consistently connecting to different cell towers. While the effect of connecting to a slightly further server is small, it can get quite annoying to have to manually select the best server location.
August 29, 2019
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 14, 2018

“Be anonymous, hide ad's and browse safely.”

OverallI love the idea of anonymously and ads blocker in one package, it stops ads before it loads and saves you bandwidth cost. It doesn't need any special configuration and has an android app, which includes with your account costs, so you can secure your pc and your phone at same time. It helps to hide your true identity and give flexibility of going anonymous with one click.
Prosf you are fade up with ads and cookies are hunting you then this VPN and Ads blocker will help you a lot. I use it to purchase and hide from local firewall. It is really when you found you cannot access your own account in file storage website which you used to share big files, even it is your own created/shot videos. I use this VPN to bypass this awkward situation and access my files. It does not keeps track of my browser's history and give the anonymity. Even when I shop online websites track me and show me different prices for different places. The adblocker works fine all ads on video site is blocked and I can see any video without any ads.
ConsIt sometimes lags very much and doesn't load at peak time. When changing the server on the fly sometimes it stops working and needs to be restart and breaks all my connections.
September 14, 2018
Danny V.
Business administrator
Internet, 5001-10,000 employees
September 19, 2019

“Excellent software to stay anonymous”

OverallThe experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.
ProsWindscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.
ConsWindscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.
September 19, 2019
Marie W.
Communications Writer en magazine
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
February 21, 2019

“Anonymize your web browsing.”

Pros1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox). 2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it. 3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data. 4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web. 5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.
ConsSo far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).
February 21, 2019
carl g.
Community Manager
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
July 28, 2019

“VPN service with good browsing speed.”

OverallExcellent software to have more freedom and protection when we are on the Internet. It is effective to avoid the cookies that our metadata and spam collect.
ProsInternet browsing speed is fast on the main servers offered by Windscribe. It works smoothly when unlocking pages that have streaming subscription.
ConsIn recent months we have experienced drops in the connection that last more than 24 hours. The support service takes many hours to respond. The location of some countries does not match the address and IP indicated by Windscribe.

By Windscribe on July 30, 2019
How these geo-location sites work is they have a database of IP addresses that map to locations. Many of these "ip checker websites" have very outdated databases, so it may still be showing IP location from many years ago. IPs get transferred from host to host all the time, so the IP of that particular server must have been in the detected country in the past. Our servers are physically in locations that they are claimed to be in, you can verify this empirically by performing a traceroute to the server itself. "Drops in connection" relate to your ISP. All VPN servers are independent, if one goes down there are others to pick up the slack.
July 28, 2019
Tim P.
IT Technician
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
October 9, 2018

“Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!”

OverallOverall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!
ProsI managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.
ConsThe only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.
October 9, 2018
Orlando B.
Business administrator
Internet, 5001-10,000 employees
September 17, 2019

“A very fast VPN”

OverallI have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.
ProsI like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.
ConsI would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.
September 17, 2019
August 6, 2019

“Securely surf the net even in repressive areas”

ProsIt works even in regions where VPNs don't, I was in an asian country that has this thing against VPNs and it was just working, was in Zimbabwe and social networks and VPNs were once blocked and it was still working so that's definitely great Their free data is great and the unlimited data is much better It's still just as fast unlik some connections that slow down when it's vpn No configuration hassles just username and password and you good to go This is besides the point but I like the memes they send in their emails lol
ConsAt time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access My PC would crash when I'd turn it on, on a network with Sophos equipment, I don't know why... maybe it was a Wifi drivers thing also.
August 6, 2019
Zachary V.
IT Technician
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
May 19, 2019

“Windscribe Is Amazing”

OverallIve been using windscribe on all of my devices for almost 2 years now and overall am very satisfied. It is actually the one vpn i always select over the competition.
ProsThe ease of setup and regular use was EXTREMELY user friendly. Great pricing. Awesome speed.
ConsCould use more servers. Needs better affiliate program.
May 19, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 3, 2019

“If you are on a data cap, expect to have them reset it early”

ProsWindscribe provides decent VPN speeds and an easy to use Mac OS widget. They claim to keep no logs, but I haven't researched heavily into their log retention policies and practices. If you refer friends, they will increase the data cap that you currently have (if you are not unlimited)
ConsFor data cap plans, they often reset the data counter well before the end of the month (sometimes 5 days before). This is a bummer if you were planning on utilizing the remaining data in your cap space the last 5 days of the month only to find that you are now reducing the next months data. Additionally, they are located in California, USA, which can be a cause for concern for privacy minded individuals.

By Windscribe on February 4, 2019
We are not based in California, we're in Toronto, Canada. As for the caps, you can always upgrade to a paid plan, which has no caps.
Rob O.
Therapist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 10, 2019

“Excellent VPN both for Desktop and Mobile”

OverallIt allows me to work worry-free from coffee shops and on shared WiFi, safe in the knowledge that my information is secure and not being snooped on. It's fantastic in that respect, and I trust it.
ProsI was pleased to learn that I didn't have to register any personal information with Windscribe when I signed up for this VPN. The connection is fast and reliable, and I really like the Firewall feature will means that (when turned on), my device is not going to connect to the Internet without the VPN protection.
ConsWhen I take a break from work I like to catch up with the news on BBC iPlayer. Unfortunately, Windscribe doesn't always reliably connect to BBC iPlayer, and I get the 'content is not available in your location' message. Often, disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN works, but this can be frustrating.
September 10, 2019
Damilola M.
April 26, 2019

“Windscribe”

ProsI first saw windscribe vpn on a friend's phone he explained he had being using it for a while that it's a great vpn, then i was convinced to install it on my phone firstly I love the fact that they give free 10 GB of data per month with unlimited connections, the mobile application is user friendly and easy to use. selection of regions is really easy on application.
ConsAfter I decided to upgrade to their pro version, their customer support is just too slow in responding to message. I notice the browsing speed is slower compare to some top vpn in the market.
April 26, 2019
Kim H.
Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“Great VPN for Marketers”

OverallI use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct. I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.
ProsIt has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN. Connection is usually fast and trouble free. It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup. It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.
ConsI do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.
March 21, 2019
Joshua M.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 23, 2019

“A Great Option For Chromebooks”

OverallOverall, I have had a positive experience and have considered buying the 2 year service option.
ProsI use this software with a Chromebook and it works great! It integrates right into the bottom left toolbar for ease of access without even having to open the app. The best way to run it is to download the Android app version onto your Chromebook so that it protects all traffic, rather than just the Chrome browser extension, which just covers the traffic happening on the browser itself. Overall, in my personal experience, Windscribe has rivaled the best in VPN services for features.
ConsSlightly slower than the top VPN providers in my experience, but this is highly subjective.
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
April 9, 2019

“A VPN You Can Rely On For A Reasonable Price”

OverallA VPN is essential these days for both Privacy and Security. Windscribe delivers both. But a VPN is no good if it slows you down. Windscribe speeds are the best I've seen after trying over six other VPNs.
ProsFast speeds, easy configuration for all platforms, transparent once it's installed and running, keeps you private and secure with no leaks.
ConsCustomer service could be a little more responsive. However, you rarely need them, and they mentioned on their reddit that they are adding support staff.
April 9, 2019
Monday A.
Freelancer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
November 21, 2018

“I love using Windscribe”

OverallWindscribe is a good VPN services and I have recommended it for some of my friends who don't have the much needed cash to buy any VPN service to try out their free trial before they buy any VPN they need.
ProsWindscribe is one of the best VPN app that I love to use. For the fact that they give free 10GB bandwidth monthly to use some selected servers makes it one of the best VPN I have used and I will continue to use them because they always have their customer attention at their core center and also reply to every inquiries being sent to the through email.
ConsIn as much that they offer free trial on some selected locations their premium version is limited in some locations and does not have much more location than other VPN services that I have used. Though some of the locations might be what I used mostly but some that I need on occasional basis are not available for me.
November 21, 2018
Jeff D.
Network Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees

“Top VPN Top Support”

OverallThis wasn't solving a problem other than feeling like I can browse the Internet without someone tracking and/or knowing exactly what I was doing. The privacy is worth the membership.
ProsI really like how the creator Yegor is still very much involved with the product. It isn't very often that you can get one on one support from the creator of a product. This is the best VPN I have used. I also appreciate how upfront Yegor and the team is on their privacy policies.
ConsI had to really think about this, but the only thing I could think of is maybe improve/update the documentation a bit. This is really just a nit pick though.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 14, 2019

“Best Free VPN!”

OverallIf you need a VPN service from time to time or just want privacy when surfing the web, Windscribe is the perfect option. Whether you use the generous free amounts of data each month or are paying for unlimited, Windscribe will not disappoint.
ProsI love how easy Windscribe makes it to browse the web privately. I love that Windscribe gives you ways to increase your monthly free amount. I love having 15GB of data to use each month. The application is easy to install, easy to configure, and super simple to use. Other applications can be tricky to install and configure and won't give you near as much free data use. Windscribe is the best hands down.
ConsI've never had a problem connecting to the service or with the application itself. Updates have always worked fine.
March 14, 2019
Ryan T.
Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 25, 2019

“The VPN that's worth switching to.”

OverallI have felt a lot more secure using this service while also enjoying the ability to check other sites.
ProsSimplicity, prices, speeds, ways to pay and the anonymity while using the service.
ConsThe "mine for upgrades" method used for buying premium.
Dhanushka S.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“A fast VPN for a every low cost.”

OverallWindscribe helps me to be invisible in the world wide web and fast browsing.
ProsIt has been a couple of months since I started to use Windscribe products. I was using lots of VPNs before, so far this is the best VPN I've ever found because Windscribe provides some aweome services for a very low cost to their clients. As an example, usually you have to pay around 10$ - 40$ per month for a VPN but the cool thing is, with Windscribe you can customize the VPN's feature according to your budget. That means if you want to have a VPN for 2$ per month you can do that with Windscribe. When it comes to features, they have tools to block ad trackers and web beacons, strong encryption methods, Web browser extension and desktop application suitable for all the operating systems, and much more...
ConsSometimes their customer support bit slower than I thought.
June 19, 2018

“The hidden Alice in VPN-Land ”

OverallBest VPN I have ever used
ProsA happy customer using the software for a very long time and have been satisfied with the service. AS this has many options for changing the location blazing fast.
ConsSo this VPN has a setting where Unless I connect with it I will not be able to access my internet which puts me off at first and then I have changed my firewall settings.
June 19, 2018
Andrea V.
Certified bilingual VA at Valatam
11-50 employees
April 10, 2018

“Absolutely amazing!”

ProsWorking as a freelancer or working overseas sometimes makes it difficult to do your work effectively because of the distance. Windscribe helps me do my job as good as I was working right there at the office.
ConsIt's so hard to describe how much it helps you. It's so useful and easy to use. You really don't need to be an expert to use it and gives you great results!!
April 10, 2018
Micah M.
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
April 28, 2019

“Windscibe- The almost perfect VPN”

ProsI started using Windscribe because of their amazing free plan. Upgrading only makes the experience better. Their GUI is simple and intuitive, and the speed is incredible. The addition of recent features makes the experience much more powerful.
ConsI have noticed lag when using the desktop version. The chrome extension connects instantly, while the desktop one takes a minute. I also dislike that the desktop window asks you if you want to close Windscribe. It's an extra unnecessary step.
April 28, 2019
Krishna R.
CMO
Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees
February 3, 2019

“Works like charm best VPN ever”

OverallOne of the most complete package, bought the lifetime membership of this VPN. Im really happy with the performance
ProsBought the unlimited plan with unlimited devices, I'm very much impressed with the VPN services, Works well on all the devices. This might be the only one VPN which offers unlimited bandwidth with unlimited devices. I have never faced any connectivity issues whatsoever. Speed is also very good compared to other VPN's.
ConsHavn't found anything yet it looks perfect for me till date.
O. Kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 20, 2018

“The Best VPN So Far”

OverallWindscribe enables me to connect all my devices simultaneously, there's no limit to the amount of devices you can connect. This is one thing I really love about Windscribe.
ProsI currently use Windscribe for all my devices, VPN usage has never been this easier for me. It connects easily on all my devices, my internet connection speed remains fast, I surf all pages flawlessly. I have even went on to recommend windscribe to my students. Keep up the good work.
ConsNothing really, but it won't be bad if we have more servers.
November 20, 2018
Matthew P.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 6, 2019

“Simple and useful free VPN for everyday use”

OverallAs an expat myself doing work for Australians, Americans, and anyone else in between, it's frustrating to encounter websites that cannot be accessed from my country (perfectly legitimate businesses like gardeners or roofers even!). Windscribe allows me to quickly turn on my VPN to access anything I need from wherever I am in the world. It's also quite reliable as far as free VPNs go.
ProsI like that it's available as a web extension as well as on the Android store, meaning that I can access this VPN from any device seamlessly. It's also got a great choice of countries available (even multiple choices within many countries), even on the free trial version.
ConsTrial users are only permitted to use 10 GB worth of data, however this resets each month. As you might imagine, streaming services and video will use up this amount very quickly. Consider upgrading to the paid version.
September 6, 2019
July 26, 2019

“If you need a simple VPN service you should check Windscribe”

OverallI don't use a VPN in a daily basis, only in some ocasions when I'm out using a public connection, so I needed something that had a good free plan (decent speed and a good quota) and after testing a few VPN services, this was the one that best fitted those needs.
ProsThe servers in the free plan have a decent speed/quota for a normal browsing (you can even download torrents if you need), supports a strong stack of security protocols and it has a really user-friendly application, available for the most common platforms.
ConsSo far I have had no problems with the service whatsoever, but when I was looking for a VPN service I found something to keep in mind: it is based from Canada, so there's a chance they are forced to give away your information to the government. The chances are slim, but they exist. For my occasional use I found that to be acceptable.
July 26, 2019
Johnbosco I.
August 27, 2018

“Windscribe”

ProsWindcribe offers a free account with 10GB monthly transfer
ConsSometimes, Windscribe doesn't not offer full anonymity and blocks some web app access.
August 27, 2018
Internet, 51-200 employees

“Great Free Version”

ProsI am very happy with their free version of this product. They are generous with their data allowance and quick at loading anything I throw at it. You can even send a recommendation to some friends or tweet about it to earn more free data for each month. They have quite a few countries available to choose from and a best location option for automatic choosing. For the paid version, they even have some servers that work with Netflix for people who like to bypass country restrictions (not recommending that part).
ConsWhen on a slow connection, this makes it almost unusable, but that is expected from a VPN.
Anoop K.
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
February 2, 2019

“The best product I have used so far”

OverallBrowsing internet without ads on any device. Easily able to connect and use the service.
ProsIt's fast and deliveries what they tell. Support is quick and really good. Netflix works good on US and UK servers. Server side ad blocker.
ConsDoesn't support http proxy. Has very few socks proxy servers.
February 2, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2018

“Windscribe review”

OverallI use windscribe to guarantee my security and privacy when surfing the web, as well as accessing websites that are blocked by service providers in my country without problems, allowing me to access a wide range of content and digital services.
ProsWhat I like about winscribe is that it is very easy to use and its price compared to the functionality offered is relatively low, additionally it has a completely free version, and although it has limited functions, it allows me to fulfill my objectives of ensuring my privacy and security when surfing the internet as well as allowing me to access websites with access restrictions by country.
ConsUntil now what I like the least about the software is that sometimes when the Internet connection fails the program is disabled and it does not resume when the connection is restored.
September 13, 2018
Otniel V.
Account Manager
51-200 employees
June 1, 2018

“Very useful , i can honestly say i been using windscribe for months without anu problems”

ProsIt is very fast and connects quick to a server it does not matter which country you select you never have an issue with your connection.
ConsI do not have anything bad to say about windscribe i use to love hotspot shield but after i uninstall it i was looking for a replacement and fell inlove with windscribe , the free version is awsome 10GB iss more than enough i even stream with it and it still does not run out.
June 1, 2018
Timothy B.
Field IT Tech
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees

“Best one Ive tried.”

OverallExcellent, one Im connected to the VPN, I rarely if ever get disconnected from it.
ProsOptions, options everywhere! You can choose a package, pay monthly/years - build your own package.
ConsWhen you're not a premium member, you constantly get pop-ups.
March 21, 2018

“One of the best VPN in the market”

OverallWill recommend it to my friends, As I find it best among the many VPN Products.
ProsWindscribe was referred to me by my friend. I started using it and love the interface of using it. The chrome extension is awesome which makes it hassle-free to use.
ConsAs the product what it does and It works well. There are no drawbacks I see in the product and also have recommended this many of my friends.
March 21, 2018
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
October 2, 2019

“excellent free VPN-ware”

OverallMy overall experience with Windscribe is perfect. I recommend you use it if you have concern about internet privacy.
ProsWhenever I have concern about internet security, for example checking bank account, perform important transaction, checking email in public place..., I use Windscribe. It helps hiding my devices' IPs and thus adding more layer of protection to internet access.
ConsThe app allows you to switch your IP to many other locations. However, sometimes it doesn't work i.e. I can't choose the location I want.
October 2, 2019
Ari Eko P.
CTO/CO-Founder
July 30, 2018

“my favorite vpn, one and only”

Overallthey provide many platform, pc, browser, ios and android. very great program.
Proswindscribe provide stable and fast connection vpn, i am very satisfy. they provide Servers in over 55 countries and 100 cities. so large networks
Consits very good if our base connection is fast, but if our base connection isnt so good, windscribe isnt help much.
July 30, 2018
Chris C.
Administrative Support
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2019

“Windscribe Review”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is its simplicity. All I need to do is click the connect button and which zone I want to connect to and it does it very quickly.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the automatic selection of best zone. Some of the recommended zones end up disconnecting very frequently.
April 30, 2019
Nelson B.
Programador Freelancer
May 28, 2019

“Windscribe The best vpn”

OverallI use it frequently and it is of the best services vpn I use it on my android smartphone and on my desktop computer.
ProsI use it frequently to break the limitations of my internet, it is easy to use, it is very fast and it does not slow down the internet. It has excellent connection pages and videos load quickly.
Consthey have removed some servers in its free version and only have connection to servers in Canada. sometimes the connection is delayed a little.
May 28, 2019
Gambling & Casinos, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Best VPN in the market”

OverallWindscribe will give you a remote location anywhere you wish to be. Enjoy the free 2GB monthly and you can add it as an extension on Chrome and Mozilla
ProsThey offer you free 2GB to use in a month and pay when depleted. Who doesn't like free stuff? they are the best. This can be treated as a free trial. Ability to choose locations easily on cruise control. They will cover your ass wherever you are. Friendly and fun emails from the CEO about new developments and feedbacks keep users engaged. Relatively cheap
ConsTheir downloaded software keeps on popping up on the background of your computer requesting you to sign up. This can be annoying as you will have to keep closing the popup.
April 17, 2019
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees
April 11, 2019

“A Great VPN for Business or Personal Use”

OverallI (and staff) travel on the road constantly and need the security of a VPN, but don't have time to "fiddle" with settings, etc. Windscribe is an (almost) "press one button" solution.
ProsTransparency of Use Plug and Play, Just Works! 100% Effective for Intended Purpose
ConsWould like to have "live" Customer Service (but they answer emails quickly)
April 11, 2019
Warren T.
Technology Adviser
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“More power than your usual free VPNs”

ProsStatic IPs and port forwarding which is somewhat of a rarity for free/mobile VPNs. Still really fast and with a decent 10GB free per month before you have to pay. Easy to use.
ConsServer choices are somewhat limited compared to its peers, and some more exotic locations are flaky.
January 9, 2019
December 19, 2017

“High quality VPN ”

ProsI like how Windscribe offers a free and paid option, both of which are viable options for different customers. I have found the free version to be very useful.
ConsI don't like how long it has taken the company to release an android app. It took them almost a year to release it after they announced it.
December 19, 2017
Osamah H.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
December 29, 2018

“Windscribe Review”

OverallOverall, Windscribe is an incredibly good VPN and is very fast and secure. I highly recommend this VPN if you want to remain anonymous on the internet.
ProsThis software is an incredibly fast and secure VPN. It does not store any logs which makes actually makes it truly anonymous, unlike many other VPN software out there. Also, it does not sacrifice any performance as browsing speeds are still very fast.
ConsYou only get 10GB of data for free a month. Although this will be enough if you are just browsing the internet, it will definitely not be enough if you want to watch videos and streams.
December 29, 2018
501-1000 employees
April 24, 2018

“An easy way to browse the web privately”

ProsThe app interface is clean and simple. Quick and small installation. Very easy to access the server you want to connect or disconnect to. The chrome extension makes the ease of use even greater.
ConsBelow average speeds at times. But that could also be based on my ISP's connection. Also, even though Windscribe has servers around the world, it can be somewhat limited when compared to other VPNs (no luck for Africa or South America)
April 24, 2018
Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Computer Hardware, 501-1000 employees
April 22, 2018

“Windscribe is an open source VPN!”

OverallThe benefits of using Windscribe include being able to protect IP address while surfing the web. Other benefits of using Windscribe include disabling internet connectivity. Additional benefits of using Windscribe include three diverse monthly plans that unlock locations and IP addresses. Benefits of using Windscribe include being provided 1.7 GB of none chargeable data. Overall, companies such as PayPal and American Express trust the brand or company.
ProsWindscribe is an open source VPN. Windscribe selects a random IP address for the user. Windscribe is available for Windows or MacBook operating systems. Windscribe offers various features such as an extension for any web browser. Windscribe is only 42.5 MB in file size. Windscribe allows user to select LAN traffic with firewall available.
ConsWindscribe can allow users to enable proxy gateway. Windscribe launches on start up but user can modify within preferences. Windscribe interrupts the natural server or internet connection. Windscribe online account remains logged in as the user after two days of accessing the account and turning off the application. Windscribe maintains payment information and usernames as well as email addresses after discontinuing services.
April 22, 2018
Jax W.
Engineer
April 12, 2019

“Great Speed on Many Devices”

OverallWindscribe is a great, low-cost option with all the features I've needed.
ProsThe speed and flexibility of Windscribe has been great. Multimedia applications and downloads are plenty fast over a multitude of server locations.
ConsIt doesn't seem to work directly with some (older) types of routers, but works fine when installed directly on hosts.
April 12, 2019
Luis P.
English teacher
Education Management, Self-employed
December 21, 2018

“Maintain your privacy online with Windscribe”

OverallI love how easy it is to use and how efficiently it works. I use it both for privacy reasons and streaming online content from different countries. It works great.
ProsWindscribe is really easy to use and is a true VPN. Actually, you can even use it to stream films from well-known platforms despite being in a country where some films are still not available.
ConsI honestly can't say anything negative about Windscribe so far. The price I paid was great and I've installed it on all my devices without a glitch.
December 21, 2018