Lumen5 Ratings

Overall

About Lumen5

Lumen5 is a video creation platform designed for brands and businesses to produce social content for driving audience engagements online. The goal of the platform is to allow anyone without training or experience to easily create engaging video content within minutes. Our technology enables marketing teams to focus on the story and narrative while relying on our system to do the heavy lifting. Learn more about Lumen5

Abigail N.
July 13, 2018

“Easy way to convert blog posts to videos”

ProsHere's what I liked about Lumen5 1. Creating a video is pretty straightforward: After signing up, you'll be taken to your dashboard. Click on the create video button, after which you'll be shown 3 options, create a video from an article or blog post, copy & paste your content, or create a video from scratch. 2. Instant Videos: According to Lumen5 "These are intelligently crafted videos based on your blog posts." to create an instant video you'll have to add at least 1 RSS feed. After adding a feed you'll get the notification "Successfully added! We're analyzing that feed and will send you an email when we have videos ready." It took roughly 5 minutes to receive the email but instead of waiting for the email, after two minutes I refreshed the instant videos page and there were already draft videos from my blog posts. I could then edit their suggestions and tailor it to my needs. 3. Media Gallery: Lumen5 had their gallery of images, stock music and gifs which I could use to make my videos. I liked that I could upload my own images. 4. Video Orientation: I liked that I could make a landscape 16:9 video, or a square 1:1 video. 5. Video length: Lumen5 lets you choose what speed you want the "slides" to play at, this determines the length of the video. You can choose fast, slow or normal. The number of slides also determines how long your video would be.
Cons1. Instant Videos: I added 2 RSS feeds to Lumen5, one was to my LGBT book blog and the other was to my marketing blog. I wanted to see what intelligent videos they would create and while the video for my marketing blog was good, the videos for my book blog was horrible. The images suggested did not match any of the blog posts. This is probably because while they have a good media gallery, the images are mostly generic or marketing related, so I had to replace all the images in the video. What I think should be done: I think they need to add more diversity to the images in their media gallery. I know there is an option to upload my own image but I still think they need to have a varied selection of images that can be used for non-marketing related videos. I also think they need to improve their AI to select suitable images for a video. 2. Video Speed/Lenght: Currently the length of the video depends on the number of slides and the video speed, ie fast, slow or normal. However, if you choose "fast" this speed is applied to all the slides. What I think should be done: I'd like to be able to vary the speed of each slide, there are some slides I'd like to be longer than the rest because it might have a lot more info than other slides, or because I want people to take an action or notice something specific. I'd rather not have all the slides play slowly.
July 13, 2018
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
January 7, 2019

“The best social media platform video.”

OverallI needed to create videos with my personal style. Luxury content with music of the highest quality harmonious, cultural and inspiring. With Lumen5 I can do all this, creating videos with text content and images, or just images, or just texts, and the best, combining my ideas according to Lumen's own image and video library! It is wonderful! It has mainly Hard Rock music to serve as soundtrack for my videos! I love you guys! Please feed the platform with more images and videos from Malibu, Los Angeles, California.
ProsLumen5 is the best video creation platform available. I feel happy and grateful to have been one of the first users in the community. I remember that I needed to create videos from my content for #LuxuryDistrict on Instagram and Youtube, but I did not know how to start. Suddenly I received an invitation from team, introducing the launch of the platform! I love you guys! I wish you all the blessings and success ever! Congratulations!
ConsWhen the branding color palette was only put to premium users. But its alright! Lumen5 is evolving every day! Congratulations!
Wendy F.
Retirement Coach
February 12, 2019

“Lumen 5 for Easy Peasy Videos.”

OverallI've added videos to my Facebook groups and web pages. I upload to YouTube. My focus isn't on videos -- I do lots of writing, images, videos and more. BUT I spend a few hours, do a video or two and they really catch attention of my followers. Lumen makes it a fun experience for me!
ProsI really like this software as I can enter a URL from my site, or a cut and paste from a document on my computer -- and BAM, Lumen makes a video. Lumen sends an email when the video is done -- they select the important parts of the page that you'd likely want in the video. They split up the page into slides. They also automatically pick images for each slide, and places the text on it. It's really a pretty nice process... so easy peasy! I always edit. I change many of images as they auto-select images from their massive library of images, but I prefer finding my own and I enjoy that part of making the video look like it flows nicely. Some of the images are gif images that move... so the video goes image to image and also some frames have the leaves on the tree moving in the breeze, or a person smiles or waves. I like really that. I sometimes change the text selected automatically by the app. I delete a slide, add another, and change the highlighted text... just depends. I also always add music. You can search by the mood of the music so its relatively easy to pick one that fits nicely. Even if they added Voice Over (my "con" in this review), I'd still want music in the background.
ConsI need a voice over option -- and that's my problem right now. I'd like to use these videos for Udemy classes and more, but I need to speak as I go. I hope they offer this soon in an upgrade!
Education Management, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2018

“ Viral videos aren't just about being funny. They're about identity creation.”

OverallLumen 5 is a great little tool to make quick videos to add to our blog posts or use as a post promotion on a variety of social media platforms.This is SO cool and informative
ProsOctober 4, 2017 at 4:16 pm I have been wanting to find an easy program or app to create short videos but many seem complicated for me, but Lumen5 Surprised me.A skill that helped me interpret information in a rational way and manage information for a given time Duration. load of a lot of feature and components are available. plus This software allows to create short videos from the website / Blog links, by entering the website/Blog URL post and utilizing their special Features to create a script for our video. Features includes, 1.Text positioning 2.Keyword highlighting 3.Easily access millions of photos available at your finger tips. 4.Choose from thousands of free audio files and background music tracks 5.Upload your own logo and display 6.Font choices 7.Video resolution 8.Animation etc... Can make the entire video creation process simple and intuitive
ConsIt Requires Excellent Connection When creating videos. Video results is great if you have a great connection too..
December 14, 2018
Brian B.
February 12, 2019

“Easy Way to Create Videos From Posts”

ProsThis is a pretty cool and easy way to generate high quality videos from blog posts/existing content. Overall, I like how it scans your content and then lays out a suggested video with images and motion animation. It also allows you to select music to give your videos more depth.
ConsSome of the editing features are limited and lacking. This in a way keeps the production process simple and saves time, yet at times can be a bit frustrating when you'd like more options.
Ale R.
Editor
Newspapers, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2018

“Amazing, easy and fast for make video”

OverallWe add more content value on our site, create a new way to distribute our content on new format. We have a growing youtube channel thanks to lumen5
ProsMake videos is really expensive and time consuming. Lumen 5 is take to next level if you work with content. Is perfect, because today people consume content on post or video. We use it on somosmamas.com.ar to transform a post into a video in minutes, now we have a youtube channel and growing. - Easy to use - Good library - Fun to use - Low cost for make a video - access to premium library - improved every single day - dont have to writte, import text for articles - Non video expert need (forget about adobe premiere) - Fast result -Perfect for brief video (1-1.30min) - Great for add a video to your content At the moment is the best solution for video. Fast, Easy and good end result
Cons- not all video format - need to have better personalization - without a discount is not cheap - no audio recording at the moment (no voice over) - sometimes take time on rendering the video - need more text animation
February 15, 2018
May 31, 2018

“Amazing tool for creating shareable videos in minutes”

ProsAt the risk of sounding dramatic, Lumen5 was a gamechanger. While I typically don't use the blog-to-video feature as much, it's really cool and lets you create videos for social media easily - even for those without experience in video editing software. Engagement on my clients' social media account has gone way up since I started using more video.
ConsThe ONLY issue I have is when uploading your own video footage, sometimes the "timing" seems off as it's based on the amount of text, and consequently, the video almost flickers for a moment. However, this is very trivial and definitely not anything to worry about - I don't think most people would notice.
May 31, 2018
Joyce M.
Business owner
January 7, 2019

“Easy to use and a great ROI”

OverallLumen makes it easy to create videos and share it to social media. Their support team is amazing and is a tool that works for me and my business.
ProsI love how I'm easily able to make videos in a faster pace than before. Its a simple to use software and for that my business has grown.
ConsRendering time may take up to 10 minutes.
Connor M.
Marketing Analyst
11-50 employees
June 9, 2018

“Amazing video creator and editor that allows you to upload a blog post for automatic video creation”

OverallEasily created dozens of videos for our marketing purposes. This is something I would not have thought one person would have been able to do but I was able to churn out videos without having a team to help.
ProsWe never purchased this because the free version was absolutely amazing. I was surprised there was so much functionality in the base version. The one thing the free version didn't have that I would have paid for is HD video quality but it was still good enough for our purposes. The integrated stock photos, video backgrounds, and background music is fantastic and was something I used extensively in our marketing.
ConsIt's amazing, but the one thing I wish existed that I brought up to their team is if you duplicate a previously made video, you can't change the blog post associated with it in their interface that allows you to easily copy and paste text from the blog post that the video is intended for. This is such a small complaint for an amazing free product.
June 9, 2018
Jessica F.
Account Coordinator
Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“Perfect for social videos!”

OverallOverall, great experience!
ProsThe software is very user-friendly and makes professional social videos, sized for different platforms. The video can be customized with your campaign logo and the highlight can be set to a specific color using the hex code from design files.
ConsThe two major cons: 1) It takes forever to render the video once created. 2) The highlight can only be placed on one section of the text, not in two different sections. That makes picking what to highlight a little tricky and it's not always exactly what you want.
Jennifer S.
CEO/Wellness Guide
December 23, 2018

“Fun and Easy!”

OverallI love that it keeps emailing me with suggestions and new ideas to present my messages/blog content. I honestly have forgotten in between videos that I even have access to this software...and then I get an email with my own content in a video that Lumen5 created and it jazzes me up to want to edit it and create my own video and share my content in a new way. It's like an accountability coach that sends me a reminder every time I post a new blog. I love that!
ProsFirst of all, I love that it gave me the idea to make videos out of my blogs! I love that it keeps me up to date on that idea by sending me sample videos that it created for me automatically. I have not loved the automatic ones, but it gives me the nudge I need to be able to create what I prefer and then share a pretty cool product that I made in a very short period of time.
ConsI don't like the videos it creates for me so far. I don't think the automatic program has any idea how to handle my perspective/approach - the automatic videos are very basic.
December 23, 2018
James M.
Independent Busimess Owner

“Final analysis”

OverallThere is only problem I am solving now. Getting clients for my business.
ProsEasy to use, most importantly it is highly professional and attractive. I like music and all features. I think most of contacts and connection will go for it sooner than later.
ConsWhat I liked least about this software was when it failed to reach the URL I entered.
Sr. Brittany H.
Chair of the Theology Department
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“Create Quick Text Based Videos for Social Media”

ProsI ran across Lumen5 when looking for a user-friendly site for branding and creating my own short videos for promoting our company. The videos were easy to build and offered a lot of stock video and photos. I can create a video in about 30 minutes (max) and format and reformat it for different platforms with ease.
ConsI wish I could integrate my own audio or even voice overs. Its limited in that you can only use text and stock audio. It is also very expensive compared to what you can do with it. I may switch to another product next year.
Shannon Simone M.

“Pro Videos with ease”

OverallLumen5 will have you look like a video Pro and no time you can turn your blog of content post into a live and gauging video in a matter of minutes. The simple to use interface edits and renders super fast.
ProsWhat I like most about lumen5 video software is it makes anybody look like a pro and is an absolute blast to use. The software the must have for Content marketing and comes with a free robust Library a video photo and music as well as templates. You can easily import your own content or start a piece of content from scratch it's a super fast way to turn a piece of content into a video for your social sharing platforms in a flash.
ConsThere's is nothing to not love about the software.
Ron Elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
September 22, 2018

“One of my most favorite Video Creation and Marketing Tool”

OverallSatisfied!
ProsI instantly became a huge fan for this tool because of how easy it is to create Videos for your Content Marketing or Video Creation. Their Machine Learning is great! It automatically customize the duration of a "Slide" to the amount of text you inputted. That's really a time-saver for most of us! I will also going to add the vast amount of customization you can do when you create your own Video, and this sometimes can overwhelm you in a good way. Furthermore, the Stock Images, Text, Audio, etc., is huge! Customize what you need and with their Machine Learning... Videos are rich and amazing.
ConsMaybe the duration of the conversion takes long but it produces the best quality so it outweighs the Cons. Customize Search can be improved.
September 22, 2018
September 14, 2018

“Want easy to make Business Insider style videos? This is the tool for you”

OverallIt's quick, powerful and lets you create truly custom assets if you put in a little extra effort to prepare your own materials to upload to the platform first.
ProsLumen5 is awesome. In about 5 minutes you can take any text, whether from a blog post or just copy and pasted into the tool, and create high quality 'Business Insider' style videos with just a few clicks. It's a great and convenient way to keep up with the demands of constantly needing to push out video for use on social media. The fact that you can upload your own images and videos to use in the different scenes also means that you can use this tool to create truly stunning client assets in a fraction of the time.
ConsOnce you input your script, whether its from a link to a blog post, or copy and pasted in... you can't edit it. You *can* add a line or two manually, but I've found the system doesn't do its job as well on the automated creative side if you do this. That means that if you find you want to add any text to your script after you've already started a video, your best and fastest option is just to head back to your dashboard and start fresh.
September 14, 2018
Nevlynn J.
Senior Digital Marketer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2017

“Very Easy to Use Tool for Creating Great Social Media Videos”

OverallMakes my messages stand out against the plain text versions of my competitors.
ProsIt is super easy to create social media videos using plain text or blog content. I use it to promote events and interesting new product features to share on our social media channels. I have been using the free version for a while and you miss no functionalities whatsoever, the only thing is the video quality is lower than if you have a paid account which is fine for our business. Am considering an upgrade.
ConsNo big dislikes but it would be great if you could also upload your own music files, currently you can only use the music they have in their own database which is free to use and probably the reason why.
November 15, 2017
Josh Bernthold, S.
Agency Owner
April 30, 2019

“Blogs To Videos (Out of Thin Air!)”

ProsLumen5 is so flipping easy to use! That is what I like most about the software. I also like the fact of how powerful making these videos for your posts can be. You are able to make videos not off of a post as well and just on the fly. This is very helpful when making a little promo or explainer video.
ConsI do know that there are other competitors that are emerging since the release of Lumen5. I am just hoping that they stay ahead of the curve and continue to develop the software further and add more features.
April 30, 2019
Marco M.
Teacher
E-Learning, Self-employed
August 14, 2018

“The Ultimate Alchemist!”

OverallThis is an essential software for any social media marketer or blogger that wants to upcycle content into videos. Lumen5 does the work so that I don't have to waste my time. It allows me to do so much more...with so much less.
ProsI work hard and I often don't have the time and energy to create multiple forms of content. Lumen5 does that for me. It takes the sweat that I put into writing my blog posts and turns them into attention-grabbing videos...instantly. All I have to do is spend a few minutes reviewing the content and then, click, I have a video. I love how Lumen5 offers a bank of images to choose from and then has an algorithm that fits them with my content. I love how I can alter texts, add music and speed up or slow down the images. Basically, I love that Lumen5 not only saves me time, but also gives me the freedom to customise my videos. What a software!
ConsThe functionality of voiceovers needs some attention. I'd like greater control over where I place them and how they fit into each slide.
August 14, 2018
July 18, 2019

“Time saving video creation software”

OverallLumen5 has helped me become more productive by saving time on video creation that I need for myself and my clients.
ProsI love that Lumen5 has made creating a video from an article so easy with such great-looking results.
ConsCustomization of fonts and styles was limited, but has recently expanded and so I'm continuing to use this tool more often.
Matthias S.
Ownership
July 27, 2018

“If you are blogging, you need this tool! :-)”

OverallEasy and fast production of great videos.
ProsThis tool scans your blog posts and generates videos on his own, using the written words in your blog posts as a sort of subtitles, and searching and using to this subtitles fitting pictures. You are able the change the words, change the pictures, using background music... If you know how, a new video may be produced in less than 30 minutes (or even much faster).
ConsTo highlight the text or to change the text is sometimes a bit frustrating (at least on my laptop). When you are ready it takes several minutes to generate your (downloadable) video.
July 27, 2018
Ifeoma O.
Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 26, 2019

“MAKING VIDEOS WITH LUMEN5”

OverallOver, Lumen5 was a good investment and I especially loved the quality of the video.
ProsI love the fact that I can make Videos Ads for my trainings with Lumen5 which delivers the message I want to pass across.
ConsI don't like the fact that it's not so easy to manipulate Lumen5 especially while using the edit button. A newcomer to the app may find it cumbersome.
September 26, 2019
November 27, 2018

“Lumen5's AI Is So Helpful”

OverallI have saved so much money being able to produce my own quality videos and upload them to YouTube, Instagram, FB, and Twitter. LOVE this program.
ProsOnce you copy and paste your content, the AI chooses the text to highlight and it is a huge time saver. The stock video, music, and photo selection are fantastic. Being able to change the speed is also helpful.
ConsSometimes the AI puts too much text in a single frame and I had to learn how to separate the slides, but they have a great FB group that was really helpful.
November 27, 2018
Hanna H.
Social Media Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2019

“The best video making website ever!”

ProsAs a small local business, it can be hard sometimes to find a good product that meets all your expectations for a lower budget. Lumen5 has made us loads of successful advertising campaigns that took less then a few minutes to set up. Absolutely amazing piece of software!
ConsPersonally I love the product the way it is, but it might've been very helpful if there was more ways of personalisation (creating own styles, uploading brand fonts, etc)
September 28, 2019

“Software Review”

OverallBeen able to create short videos in under half an hour for bloggers and small businesses. Outstanding live action visual and stock music.
ProsEasy to use. Access from all devices available. Have not experieneced any glitvhes.
ConsThe software on video play back/preview is a little delayed. However unsure if that is also affected by my wifi signal.
Depp L.
Software Engineer
April 29, 2018

“saves time while creating video”

OverallTime saving and easy to manage
ProsI had to spend hours on creating video content for my business. Lumen5 has optimized my time, now I'm able to create videos from posts in 5 minutes. I also have access to a wide range oh high quality images
ConsThe subscription is pricey. It will improve if templates and more text style options are added. Also, Video recording should be supported too.

By Lumen5 on August 16, 2018
Hi Leonard, Thanks for the review! We're so glad it's saving you time. Just out of curiosity, how much time on average has it saved you per video? Thanks!
April 29, 2018
Miguel P.
founder
April 8, 2018

“An easy way to transform your posts into videos”

OverallAn easy way to transform your posts into videos
Pros- you can make a video from a post in 2 minutes: just paste the link, choose the titles, put some images/videos, and its done! - you have unlimited videos per month - you have access to premium stock images and videos to put in your videos - you can export in 720p or 1080p (depends on your plan)
Cons- you do not have pre-existent templates - its expensive for what it does: 99/per month in the premium plan
April 8, 2018
Nicole L.
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2019

“Awesome Video Creator”

ProsThe best feature I love is the Text to Video feature because I just need to copy and paste the article URL then Lumen5 will turn it to video
ConsNone as of now. I will edit this review if I found something which is not to my liking and affect other users
October 15, 2019
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
July 27, 2019

“Great service ”

ProsI love the instant videos feature. Posts from my website are extracted automatically to Lumen 5 and instantly are ready for further editing. I also love the brand preset feature, where your logo, branding colors, fonts etc are set up only once and then are available any time with one click.
ConsI find their starter plan expensive for someone who does not a heavy content creator and needs it a couple of time during the month.
July 27, 2019
Sherwin S.
Broker
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees

“easy to use ”

OverallQuick customer support when needed. Really didn't need help with much since it's very intuitive and easy to use software.
ProsVery easy to use. Great customization options available a selection of media as well. Can also keep track of sites you want to automatically create new videos in the future.
ConsMight be costly for smaller operations or independent users. Recommended for businesses or power users easily.
April 27, 2019

“Story Time!”

OverallHuzzah! I really recommend Lumen5!
ProsI really like the fact that Lumen5 helps you tell a story. In fact it will take any script you give it and translate it into a visual story, in movie format. It's really smooth, and the AI is impressive. It really knows how to pull the "juicy" parts from any story. In addition, its a full fledged video story board app. It lets you create your own movies however you want to. I also like the fact that it will turn my blog RSS into videos for me.
ConsI don't really understand the purpose of having more than one workspace.
April 27, 2019
Loraine B.
Content Marketing & Social Media Manager
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
January 7, 2019

“Customizeable when you need it, automated when you don't ”

OverallWe needed to create quality, meaningful videos with a small, nimble team with little editing/production know-how, and Lumen5 has allowed us to do exactly that.
ProsWe can turn out quality, engaging videos in a matter of minutes.
ConsThe amount of customizeable options isn't quite where I'd like it to be yet, but there seems to be more updates to the platform every day, so I'm confident that it's getting there.
Camille A.
Business Owner
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Lumen5 is a great browser app for creating social media videos.”

ProsWhat I like most about Lumen5 is the ability to create videos on the go with just a few click, with the use of my browser.
ConsOnly a few templates and the time limits per videos.
May 2, 2019
Mary D. B.
Author
Publishing, 1-10 employees
December 18, 2018

“Lumen5 Rocks It!”

ProsLumen was the first online video production site that made me wonder why I did things manually for so long. Easy to use, extensive stock images and video clips, audio and the ability to create something that looks professional.
ConsThe blog post video creation. Not something I would use but it may come in useful for other people.
December 18, 2018
April 13, 2019

“I guess it does the job okay”

OverallThis program has the things you need to put together a video. I'm not sure that it's any better or worse than any other system. The pieces are there but of course the videos quality will be based on the artistic and advertising skill of the user.
ProsThere are some nice options such as "Brand presets" that you can upload and use for videos.
Cons I tried the option of making "instant videos" from feeds such as blogs. The resulting video did pair somewhat appropriate visuals with text quotes. For example, a blog post about writing for children used pictures of children. However, the resulting video wasn't very compelling. The children all looked unhappy, and the text quotes would need major editing.
April 13, 2019
Deni C.

“Lumen5 for my business”

OverallI'm able to deliver really nice videos to post on social media. People view them! So far, I don't believe it's "helped" with my business, but at least for now, I'm serving (hopefully) more people in a different way. I have had a great experience with customer support in answering my questions in a timely manner.
ProsBeing a creative....it's FUN to use! I love seeing my articles turned into a video. I'm able to really capture the heart of my content (the viewer doesn't know what's missing).
ConsI want to be able to put my website URL on the last page with my logo, or signature picture. When I had the free version, I was able to do this. I just upgraded to the paid version...and I can't? Weird. I think a lot of this is the fact that you can't adjust the font size. This would be a huge asset in creation. Also, I'd say that when you choose a "highlight" color for your font, you have to be super careful with choosing your background images. It can get lost...unless you put it in a box, which I don't always think looks attractive. That's not totally negative, just an observation.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 6, 2019

“Lumen5 a fantastic video creation tool ”

OverallThis video software will be an enormous help in getting your message out to social media visually.
ProsSo easy to use with a mountain of images and music to choose from. Creating a video has never been easier!
ConsNothing - it ticks all the boxes. If you want to add your own images and music background you will need a purchased software copy.
January 6, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 28, 2018

“Video Creation Made Easy!”

ProsSimple and straight forward. We create a lot of videos to go with our clients blogs each month.
ConsI find the software isn't evolving as quickly as other that I use.
December 28, 2018
December 11, 2018

“Fantastic Video Creation”

OverallI have been able to take my written content and transform it to video using this awesome software. I was struggling to create videos until I found Lumen5. Now I'm just getting started.
ProsI started making videos using Lumen5 and I love this software. I've made several already and I'm hooked. Pros: There is a free version that allows you to customize content to create beautiful videos. Free images and audio tracks. Can be used with existing text and blog posts. You can share your finished video on several social media platforms right from the dashboard. You can also upload to Youtube.
ConsI do wish the paid version(s) were a little less expensive...or maybe a pay per video option.
December 11, 2018
Iniyavan T.
Customer Relations
11-50 employees
July 20, 2018

“Content Machine helping to convert my blogs into videos ”

OverallConvert your blogs into videos
ProsI really like when we shifted our content marketing from Blogs to Videos. Lumen5 Made it more simple by just entering the link, It captures the content and the images in the link to create a video.
ConsIt sometimes grabs other images in the page and It seems to be a bit overpriced from my standpoint.
July 20, 2018
Deni C.
September 22, 2019

“Why I use Lumen5”

OverallMy social media followers love the videos! I've used them to promote special programs.
ProsThe results. I love creating the videos of different lengths and looks. It allows me to repurpose content quickly and easily.
ConsSometimes it seems difficult to change the text I'm working with. Sometimes it seems difficult to change or restructure the slides.
September 22, 2019
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 28, 2019

“Great platform to make sharable videos”

OverallOverall, this is a great tool if you want to created sharable videos.
ProsWe have used this a couple of times to make promotional videos for my company. The best part about this platform are the templates that you can use that will dictate the look and feel of the video. Coupled with sounds and music that are suppled for free (some things you'll need to pay for) has more than enough options for any video. There are so many stock photos to choose from as well. It is a very intuitive platform, so the learning curve is not that much either.
ConsIt can take some time to render a video. Also, it would be nice if there was some collaboration feature. Where you can send it to others to get their feedback. Right now, you'll need to render the video and then send the version out for feedback.
January 28, 2019
Camille A.
Web Developer
April 27, 2018

“The time it takes to create a simple text-based videos in Lumen5 is just amazing”

ProsCurrently subscribed to their Lumen Pro for a year. Here's my pros: - auto create videos based on my blog posts. - have unlimited videos per month - can export in 720p - no branding
Cons- Not that cheap - Sometimes the wrong image gets recommended. - The rendering is slow at times.
April 27, 2018
Suzanne S.
Writer
October 17, 2019

“Too much editing required”

OverallIt wasn't a good fit for me. I'm glad I had a year to try it without paying. I wouldn't have been happy paying for what I got.
ProsI got a year's use of their higher tier for free. That's really about all I can say in terms of pros.
ConsThe slides weren't broken up in a way that made sense. The photos and videos the program chose to accompany the text didn't relate to the text, and very often there were limited resources available to use with the text for the videos. There was just not enough relevance and the videos took too much time to edit that it wasn't workable for me.
October 17, 2019
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
April 1, 2019

“Easy Way to Make Captioned Videos Fast”

OverallOverall, I like Lumen5 because it makes repurposing my blog content into video an easier and quick process. It also helps me make visually appealing videos quicker.
ProsYou can upload a link to an article and lumen5 will automatically create a video with images and captions. This makes the video creation process quicker and easier.
ConsSometimes the automated captions do not actually make sense and you will have to go into the video and re-edit.
April 1, 2019
Yvonne G.
Social Media Manager
January 8, 2019

“Amazing way to make simple videos”

OverallLumen5 is my go-to when I need to make a video for something that needs more words than anything else. I have used this software to share my short stories and poetry, as well as articles I've written. It's a handy tool for a full-time writer!
ProsI love that you can turn articles and blog posts into videos with limited time put in. I love that there is free music you can add to the videos. The ease fo use of this product makes it a must - especially as an author (I use it to make book trailers).
ConsI'd like to see more music options... something more diverse. A lot of the songs sound too similar to one another.
Stephanie Q.
Author
Publishing, Self-employed

“Easy and Looks great!”

ProsIt's easy to put together a great quality video with very little technical skills--or none at all! I also like the awesome variety of media available to use including video clips!
ConsHmmm... I'm thinking... still thinking...
Gita G.
Confidence Mentor & Edutainer / Storyteller
April 24, 2018

“ Great software for creating quick videos for & from blog posts. ”

OverallI increase my brand visibility on Social Media by creating short videos in no time.
ProsThis is a super awesome software, that helps to create great videos by entering a blog post URL and utilizing their special AI to create a script for one's video, including images. One can also just copy and paste any text - it doesn't need to be linked to a post. Video creating process is easy and simple. It provides images and short video clips, as well music that one can use for their video.
ConsI am still in a process of exploring, creating and learning, so can't really answer state the cons.
April 24, 2018
Diego I.
Volunteer Assistant Coach
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
December 8, 2018

“The best tool to level up your marketing!!”

ProsEase of use in video creation! Fast rendering and proper aspect ratio for social platforms
ConsNothing! I expect software to continue to improve over time with more selection of transitions
December 8, 2018
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
July 3, 2018

“Overall...the best video generator I've used”

ProsThe software is so easy to use...you can either paste in your story or add a link to a blog post or webpage and it will auto generate for you. Based on keywords in your text, the software will add in free to use images to speed up the process but you can add in your own images to cover this.
ConsUploading your own images is not as intuitive as it could be and requires a number of clicks more than it should. This is a very minor quibble and doesn't hurt any of the process, it's just very noticeable in a software that is about speed as well as quality.
July 3, 2018