DownNotifier.com Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.9/5

About DownNotifier.com

Free website monitoring tool that sends alerts when your website is down. Learn more about DownNotifier.com

Damilola M.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2019

“DownNotifier”

ProsAs a blogger and a web designer, getting update about my website and customer website is top priority for me because I don't really like when a visitor or blog reader contact me that my website/blog is not loading on phone properly or it is not loading at all, I feel concerned because what it means is that I am losing page views and increasing bounce rate, so someone introduced DownNotifier to me, then I signed up for free account, I really like their service that I had to upgrade, they save my web space a lot of times, their notification system is immediate.
ConsDownNotifier is an amazing program, for now I totally enjoy their service that I can't really figure out a bad side of their service
August 4, 2019
Mike M.
January 28, 2019

“The Smartest And Easiest Way To Monitor Websites”

OverallDownNotifier.com is the simplest and most efficient way to monitor the performance of our websites. It keeps the up-time of our websites up to date and provides security with checks every minute. DownNotifier.com is reliable and easy to use. It is easy to monitor many websites and URLs. We know immediately and directly if one of our websites has a problem.
ProsThe registration process for DownNotifier.com was simple and quick. It has the ability to monitor multiple websites. Your website is checked every minute.
ConsThere was no insight given into the underlying error when your website goes down which was the only negative.
January 28, 2019
November 21, 2017

“I use this to notify me when me and my clients websites are down. ”

OverallI'm able to know when sites go down and whether its indicative of the server or the website itself.
ProsI currently use this in the free version, and set up and account for each of the clients with one dedicated email per account, which allows both me and the client to be notified when sites go down. The premium model seems pretty great, and a value for the money.
ConsI can't really say that I have a con about this service. I personally wish there was more of an agency bundle, which would allow you to have multiple sites under one account, monitor, but have billing paid out to the client.
James C.
Web developer/System admin
October 9, 2018

“Only use the free service, but it's second to none”

OverallI believe my first paragraph says it all. I'm very happy with the features of the software
ProsI use this across a group of websites that I maintain, it's my first line of defense against downtime. It's respoinsive emails are apparent in seconds, and I utilise them to maintain uptime figures in the 99.999% area. Without them, and this singular feature, I doubt that would be possible. At least not in terms of writing zero code and paying any money.
ConsI have no qualms. The software does what it says on the tin. End of story.
Josh A.
Digital Marketer
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“Great Free Tool for Keeping Your Website Live”

OverallI run multiple sites and I use DownNotifier on a few of them. I set alerts for sites that are prone to crashing from too much traffic. A lot of the times, you just need to restart the server, so this tool has definitely helped me increase uptime and avoid sending traffic to a crashed site.
ProsDown Notifier is simple and provides exactly what you need. If your site goes down, you get an email. I use the free version and it is perfect. This tool can save you a lot of money if you run paid advertising
ConsI haven't experienced anything negative with DownNotifier
David L.
Program Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“A lifesaver for non-profit and small business sites”

OverallWe've experienced increase uptime and higher customer satisfaction because we can address problems more quickly. DownNotifier keeps us running!
ProsFor people without large IT departments, DownNotifier provides monitoring and peace of mind so you know when your site is not functioning. Even when I'm traveling, I'm able to stay on top of site outages and resolve them. I don't know what I'd do without DownNotifier.
ConsThere are no negative issues with this software.
Jonah S.
October 9, 2018

“An invaluable tool to help me run my business”

OverallOverall this has been a positive service. When/if my site goes down, and it can happen to anyone, I know instantly and can work to restore it. Every hour/minute of downtime is money down the drain, so having a jumpstart on any issues saves me a lot of money.
ProsIt's instant - as soon as my site is down, I've gotten an email and a text message, anywhere in the world. When it's back up, I know that too.
ConsNothing to dislike - as long as I know my site is down, I know I need to tend to it.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Pros and cons”

OverallWe as a company have a lot of websites, and some clients are very crucial. With help of downnotifier we can react very fast if something bad happened and websites is / are down.
ProsIt is fast, it is easy to set up a new monitoring. I did not see such simple UI in many other monitoring websites.
ConsYou can not set up time between checks, and sometimes because of that - in website logs you see hundreds of checks in a row between real usage.

“An Essential Tool”

OverallWe get to find out when our site is down and not able to take orders. This is essential for our industry.
ProsThe number one feature I enjoy about this is that we get notified via email the moment our site goes down. We can notify our development company before they even know there is a problem.
ConsThere isn't anything we don't like about this amazing service. We'd like to take advantage of being notified via text message is possible.
Bob K.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

“Just what i needed”

OverallA few times my data center has had ISP outages and i knew instantly. Times when i have rebooted my server, i got a down notification which makes me feel good that if its down for an unknown reason, i will know right away.
ProsI have a server in a data center. I cant watch them all the time, so being able to receive email and text notifications instantly when the data center is having a problem and my server cant be seen is critical. This is an affordable solution that has worked every time!
ConsNo complaints at all. Everything has been working great.
Cor-Paul B.
Assistant Professor
Research, 5001-10,000 employees
January 31, 2019

“Extremely helpful little tool to be notified of downtime of a website”

ProsWe had some issues with the power supply of a server, resulting in intermittent shutdowns. DownNotifier allowed us to map the downtime which greatly helped with keeping track of the problem and deciding whether the problem was structural.
ConsBecause the notification is immediate you are being put to work at unexpected hours ;)
January 31, 2019
Brendan G.
Creator
November 21, 2017

“Quick setup, invaluable service”

ProsIt's nice being able to know right away when my site goes down without having to pay anything. I can respond to issues quickly, often before anyone notices.
ConsI wish it included HTTP response codes in the downtime notification subject lines so I could more quickly see what type of problem was occurring.
July 29, 2019

“Must-Use for Any Website Owner”

ProsDownNotifier.com is crucial to my business. We monetize and operate multiple websites. If they go down, money stops coming. As simple as that. So we need to know as soon as a site goes down so we can fix it. Ideally, your hosting company would handle this for you, but let's face it - they aren't always quick on the draw. Luckily, all you have to do is sign up for DownNotifier and it will send you alerts as soon as a site goes down. It will also send you an alert when your site is back up, with info on how long it was down for. The info on how long it was down for is a nice touch, as some hosting companies will give you a prorated refund depending on how long a site is down. This lets you prove it. Oh, and it's free.
ConsDownNotifier.com doesn't give any info as to why your site is down. But that said, I don't expect it to. As soon as I know it's down, I contact hosting support, and they're on it.
July 29, 2019
sidharth c.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“It was quick to setup”

ProsEasy to tune and link to my website. I could see that this is something which could work without installing tons of codes onto my website.
ConsNothing. That's what you want from a service like this. No frills or behind the scene advertisement.
Dotun O.
Web Manager / IT Support
Hospitality, 51-200 employees

“A Fast, Quick Notifier”

ProsTo get the best of the website, you need to get the premium package. But it is easy to use, and when your website is down it tells you the cause. It records the history of your uptime and downtime throughout the year. You can also change the time interval on how many requests you want Downnotifier to ping your website. From every 20 seconds to an hour. Personally, every 20 secs is a bit extreme so I'm using 10 minutes per ping. An e-mail is sent your mailbox whenever your website is down. You can add multiple e-mail accounts on where you want them to send it to. You can even receive SMS alerts! Personally I never use it, but it's nice to have.
ConsIt's missing something like a Public Status Page. If the website is down, I want customers to know the status on what's happening and we are aware. Or for them to check if the website is really down or it's just them.
Gina B.
Influencer
November 23, 2017

“I've received notification when my site was down since using”

ProsI like the instant warning and notification that my site is down, which helps me trouble shoot issues and figure out if I need to contact my body, as well as keep track of how reliable they are.
ConsThe thing I like the least are notifications for extremely brief downs, such as those that are less than a minute or a few seconds long. Of course brief outages are normal so thus warning can be frustrating

By DownNotifier.com on September 29, 2018
Hi Gina, We now have an update for brief downtimes. You can now set alert limits to set a minimum downtime before you get an alert (https://www.downnotifier.com/list/account/alert-limit). You need a premium account for this feature. Because you was the first one on this site to help us to design this feature, we would like to offer you a premium account for free. Please send us an e-mail with your account login to arrange that. Thank you for your review, Martin de Vries DownNotifier.com support
November 23, 2017
Rob H.

“Outstanding service. ”

OverallFaster response on downtime
ProsIt's free and keeps me up-to-date about the uptime of my servers and about the servers of my customers. I use down notifier as a fail safe for my other uptime checker.
ConsFree version doesn't give you al the details of the uptime of your server/website. Would like to see a graph added to it so i can check the number of times it went down and for how long.
Emanuel M.
Information Services, 1-10 employees

“Does what it says :)”

ProsI am using the free plan and so far downnotifier.com isn't a let down. Simple to setup and I get notified when something breaks. All that I can ask for at this point.
ConsI guess what I enjoy least about downnotifier is the pretty bare-bones design, which is does the job but does not accentuate the important information enough.
Benjamin W.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2018

“Easy option for supplemental monitoring”

ProsQuick and easy to setup. Very reliable. Alerts instantly when a public facing url goes down.
ConsThere aren't any cons I can think of. The free options are great as well.
Nejc C.
Programmer
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“Best notifier ever”

ProsThe ease of use, and it is always working
ConsNothing i love everything about downnotifier
Ben B.
November 14, 2017

“I use the free product. It notified me immediately when an Apache upgrade went awry. ”

ProsIt is easy to use and works well. The checking frequency is fast, I think my site was down for around a minute before being alerted.
ConsIt would be have more alerting options. I happened to be on my email when my site went down, but hooking into PagerDuty would be nice.
Breanna K.

“Love DownNotifier”

ProsI love that I am always in the know when my site goes down and for how long. It allows me to make better decisions on weather or not to stay or switch hosts.
ConsNothing! Wish I would have found it sooner
Michael K.
Student
Computer Networking, Self-employed

“Free tier is great ”

OverallGreat. Monitoring for my blog couldn't be any easier.
ProsIt has never failed to alert me. It is accurate up to one minute for the free tier.
ConsYou have to renew the free tier yearly, but it doesn't bother me that much.
Sandeep D.
11-50 employees
December 15, 2017

“This is awesome service . very helpful to give 100% uptime to user”

ProsI like email notification when server down. so no need to monitor server daily. thank to down notifire
ConsThe error which are given by this down notifire is not proper. it should provide analytics and solution for server down
December 15, 2017
Cornel H.
Managing Director
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

“Simple and effective!”

ProsI love the fact that they do exactly what they advert. I use their service to monitor my websites downtime and to alert me in case of any problems. I always got their alters and I always managed to resolve problems without affecting my clients experiences on my platforms.
ConsMaybe they should offer additional services.
Darryl S.
Product Analyst
Banking, 10,001+ employees
October 9, 2018

“Simple idea executed perfectly”

OverallI rely on downnotifier entirely whenever I make changes to a test server configuration. I make a change and then wait to see if any sites go down, then I know if I've done something wrong.
ProsProvides a valuable service, very quick and easy to set up, always reliable
ConsSometimes there's a delay of up to 1 day to hear your site is back up, but that's probably more a limitation of DNS propagation or something.
Dan H.
Freelance Drupal Delevoper
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 9, 2018

“Easy to use and alerts when sites go down”

ProsDownNotifier.com is great because it easily lets me know as soon as one of my websites is offline or unavailable. It also lets me know when the come back online. I highly recommend anyone who manages a website to use this service!!
ConsDownNotifier.com does everything I want it to do, and it does it well. No cons.
Accounting, Self-employed
January 1, 2019

“Best DownNotifier”

OverallBest
Pros*Easy to Use *SMS Notifications *Low Cost
ConsNo Cons nothing nothing nothing nothing
January 1, 2019
Kevin B.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 12, 2018

“DownNotifier.com is a lifesaver!”

OverallAgain, I wouldn't go without it ever again. Great service!
ProsIf you are experiencing any trouble with your website or server, this is a MUST! Even if you don't have trouble now, get alerts if your site goes down in the future!
ConsNo issues at all! Easy to use, setup, and manage!
Daniel C.
Website Developer
Online Media, Self-employed
November 21, 2017

“A very simple and easy system, which gives a very positive experience.”

ProsFast responses, ease of use, multiple website monitors, free features that do not force spending, premium features that I would consider using.
ConsThere is not always a reason provided when a website is down, which may not be impossible but some sort of message would be welcome.
Clemens G.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“Excelent for Network Administrators”

ProsIt's easy to use and it does exactly what it's intended to do.
ConsFor some people the 10-minute-scan-interval that comes with the free version might not be enough. But the upgrade to Premium is really cheap so this does not really matter.
Allan D.
Webmaster
Maritime, 1-10 employees

“GoDaddy User”

OverallHelps keep our website from being down for more than a few hours
ProsAlways alerts me when our site goes down - which happens WAY too frequently
ConsThere are no features that I don't like - works very reliably
Shaun M.
CMO
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

“An excellent tool”

OverallMy experience is great the instant notifications serve my company well
ProsHow fast the notifications came in when the site goes down
ConsNothing at all down notifier has been a great tool
Febri P.
Freelance

“Works like magic”

ProsEasy to use, to the point, every features just fit what I need. I need to monitor my sites whenever any of those down
ConsI think there is nothing i can complaint in
Ildiko M.
Artist
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
August 8, 2019

“Great tool for simple server monitoring”

OverallFor simple server uptime monitoring it is a great tool.
ProsI use this tool to monitor my website, and get notification about downtimes. I host my website on a cloud service provider, and administer it my own. So I don't have a technical person to monitor my site. DownNotifier.com is an easy-to use service, where I could register my site and they monitor it regularly. With the premium service it monitors the site every minutes and it can handle sites with SSL certificate. I can set up a limit for the number of alerts I want to receive during a time window. For example: Require a minimum downtime during the night before an alert is sent, Limit the number of alerts in case of many short downtimes. They offer an anterprise level service for higher price, maybe it is even better.
ConsI cannot see a deeper insight about what caused the problem.
August 8, 2019
Linda L.
Global Marketing Automation Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

“DownNotifier.com”

ProsThe thing I appreciate most about DownNotifier is that it only takes a few minutes to set up and then for the most part you can forget about it because it'll continue to run as you intended until you decide to make changes.
ConsOn occasion I notice that the notifications run on a few minutes delay.
Music, Self-employed
October 9, 2018

“Great behind the scenes service”

ProsI like knowing that I will get a notification if my site is ever down.
ConsI wish it was possible to get some more in-depth information about why the site is down.
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
October 9, 2018

“Great Service for any Web Site”

ProsEasy to sign up. Prompt notifications - often faster than internal notifications. Very reliable as well. No false positives.
ConsI really have nothing bad to say. Works as intended.
Alexandro M.
Lead Programmer
October 9, 2018

“This service has saved me a few times”

OverallI have a server in another state, if it's down our client's clients start making big complaints. Having your email configured to receive status information is beyond useful.
ProsI was on vacation 4k miles away from office an I got an SMS that my client's server was down, I was actually surprised
ConsNothing, but maybe add Slack integration
Johnathan J.
Employee #1
Philanthropy, Self-employed

“Johnathan's Review”

OverallSin problemas.
ProsI was looking for a web tool to tell me when my site when down. DownNotifier.com is a web tool which tells me when my site is down. We're a match made in heaven.
ConsThat they didn't make themselves known to me sooner.
Sonya I.
November 14, 2017

“Quick setup, helpful tool”

OverallSimple up-time tracking of my website.
ProsIt took almost no action on my part. I just provided a domain and it lets me know if there are issues.
ConsMy host was dropping my service almost daily for ~5-10 minutes at a time. My email was flooded with emails from Downnotifier. But that's my host's fault really and now I have a new one because of it.
October 12, 2018

“Great among many optoins out there”

OverallI like it because I like to know when my client's websites are down before my clients see it. Ha
ProsDoes what it's supposed to do and tells me when my client's werbsite goes down. However, we changed from www to non-www, and added SSL to the website and it had an alert when I logged in asking me if I wanted to update the URL. Good touch!
ConsThe login. If you go to My Monitors > It says "Please enter your email address to login or register." I had entered my email address, then it asks for a password. It doesn't let you know that the password is only for people who have accounts as it appeared to me I was setting up a new account. It said my password was incorrect. So, do I didn't know if I had an account with that email or not. It should have given me more info.
BalaKrishna V.
Product Development Engineer
Internet, 51-200 employees
October 10, 2018

“Very Responsive ”

ProsIt is very responsive. As and when the site is down we get the notifications. We are able to keep the site up all the times.
ConsI don't have any right now. It is good if we have a mobile app for better notifications.
October 10, 2018
Duncan M.
Web Developer
November 20, 2017

“Great for what you get”

OverallI get to know when my sites are down and within seconds I can be on fixing them.
ProsThe free version is extremely fast and just works. Email reporting is awesome and works like a charm.
ConsThere are sometimes issues with accounts and adding or verifying sites. Apart from that it's a really good service.

By DownNotifier.com on September 29, 2018
Hi Duncan, About your feedback about adding or verifying sites: we improved this in the last couple of month. Thank you for your review, Martin de Vries DownNotifier.com support
Johan A.
Projektledare
Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees
October 18, 2018

“Easy and nice”

OverallI get information about our smal business server when our ISP has delivery problems or when MySQL database is offline with information of a 500 error message
ProsEasy to use and it what it is promising.
ConsPricing for SMS and the lack of more avancerar settings
October 18, 2018
Jason B.
October 9, 2018

“Need to control origin of test”

OverallSee above.
ProsIt's free and simple to use. That's about it.
ConsMain issue is you can't restrict tests to specific regions. With various motivations for blocking the EU, I get outrage notifications when tests originate there. It doesn't even tell you the location of the test when a problem is found. It also should give more information on the problem. Sometimes it reports an error and sometimes it doesn't. I run multiple down notifiers and this one seems to have a lot of false positives.
Kristy B.
Business owner

“Great software”

ProsI like how it monitors my site 24/7. Being a business owner, I am extremely busy and find that I need to automate many of my tasks, such as checking my domains. I love that downnotifier keeps an eye on my domain for me.
ConsIt would be helpful if the email notification that tells me my site is down gave more information.
Import and Export, 1-10 employees

“Great Service”

ProsI love that I can walk away from work knowing I'll be notified at any time if the site goes down.
ConsI wish it was a little more accurate in the time that the site was down, but that's pretty minor.
saurav k.
Developer

“Does the work”

ProsI found about Downnotifier.com when i needed a monitoring website for my vps, after that day its my good to go friend.
ConsUI looks bit of outdated, needs refresh.
Sujith T.
Manager- Analytics & Search
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
October 16, 2018

“One of the best tools to monitor website down time.”

OverallReal time notifications about the websites down time. Based on the notifications, we could make certain decisions about our hosting service provider.
ProsThe ability to monitor multiple sites we have as an agency.
ConsIt would have been great if the software had some insights about what went wrong whenever any websites go down.