FleetLocate (Asset) Ratings

Overall

About FleetLocate (Asset)

Asset & trailer management solution that helps businesses with real-time visibility, detention management and automated checks. Learn more about FleetLocate (Asset)

Candace S.
Safety Operations Director
Construction, 11-50 employees
July 17, 2019

“Last Fleet Tracking system you will ever buy. ”

OverallI have to say I have yet to have a negative experience. Our company maybe small but we are treated as if we where the biggest company around. Sprint and Fleetlocate have always gone above and beyond to take care of any issues we have ever had.
ProsI like the 15 second tracking. Its a big help when we have a driver lost or a customer calls in wanting an ETA. The other benefit is we can route them if the traffic is backed up. I like we can send them messages through the tablets to receive their next job. I am a big fan of the HOS. The tablet are user friendly and the drivers picked up using the program with minimal training. I also am a big fan of the alerts. I have used those as training to improve safety and the driving habits of our drivers.
ConsI am not fond of some of the report formats. I wish they were a little more user friendly, some of them don't make since or isn't what I am needing . The only other Con I have is with the PTO On/Off. I don't think it was ever set up correctly. But other than that I love the program.
David L.
Dispatcher
July 17, 2019

“Quality for your dollar”

OverallWith the use of FleetLocate program we are able to track our equipment more effectively and cost efficiently. It is a fuel saver if we see drivers speeding or taking out of route miles to a specific destination. Overall a savings in our overhead and can only hope that they upgrade the software to include better service, then what we are having now. Customer Service is fast to assist and respond to our needs as a company.
ProsThe best part of this software is the Asset tracking on a 3 second update. This feature gives our dispatchers the ability to literally direct lost drivers to their destination block by block. Another great feature is traffic on major highways and roads. This helps our drivers take alternate routes to prevent any kind of delay of our shipment.
ConsThe Tractor vs Trailer tracking is in two different windows. In order to identify the trailer that any driver may have, we have to leave one screen and go to another that tracks just trailers. It is also only updated every 15 minutes vs 3 seconds on the tractors.
Julian S.
Field Operations Manager
Utilities, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“CSL Services INC uses Fleetlocate”

OverallCsl Services has incorporated this software into our daily business practices. It is a valuable tool that assists us in delivering a quality product to our customers.
ProsIn the years that we have been utilizing this software, we have continued to find more ways to where it benefits us in our day to day operation. We purchased it originally just to know where our vehicle assets were at all times. We now use it to help our analyst assist our techs in locating sites; we use it to investigate accidents; We use it at times to route our drivers; we use it as part of our driver safety program; and we use it to help track our techs productivity and efficiency.
ConsOur company could have learned the additional benefits earlier had we scheduled an official training for all who use it, at the time of purchase.
Michael E.
Deputy Transportation Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 employees

“Very satisfied”

OverallEasy to use.
ProsEase of use, Phone app works very similar to the desk top version. Reasonable and quick return of investment.
ConsI would like to see the weather as an overlay. Currently I have to run another program and switch back and forth to see related weather.
JERMAN L.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“Need more features ”

OverallI use Fleet Locate for every day use for our Driver. We use them to locate our trucks and track drivers hours of services
ProsSoftware is pretty much simple to use once you get the hang of it.
ConsOn the GPS side, is NOT 100% accurate on location. There accuracy is about 90%
September 24, 2019
Justin S.
GPS Department Lead
Translation and Localization, 201-500 employees

“Point and Click”

OverallMy overall experience with Spireon is a 10 the base customer service team is amazing and very easy to talk to. My coworkers and myself don't feel like we are being talked down to when we call in to ask questions. Everyone tries to make sure issues are solved in a one call resolution.
ProsI like that everything is open and easy to find. This is the first website that anyone can look and figure out. It truly doesn't need a bunch of explaining or training. The ease to change information on alerts and reports is perfect and so helpful.
ConsI think they could add in more notation areas to the maintenance so more notes could be added. Having a better system to send information to drivers would be so helpful to our dispatching team. An app like their shift app but just for driver dispatch would be amazing.
Jeremy S.
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“Very functional, does a great job”

OverallThe service works for what we need. Technicians use it to help track their time/locations in the field and my managers use it to help verify the same.
ProsCustomizable, i can allow specific access to the individuals i want to have it
ConsToo many inaccuracies with the speed alerts, (wrong speed for road actually traveled) positioning seems to jump around occasionally or drops out altogether. Real time tracking is very sporadic - why can i track my kid's phone with a free app constantly while i only get updates every few minutes for a service i pay for specifically for that use?
July 18, 2019
Elena D.
Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Spireon has been very beneficial”

ProsKeeping track of your fleet has never been easier! We get real time alerts of where each of our vehicles is located and it also helps a lot when customers are deputing whether or not we have been at site on a certain date.
ConsThe only downfall that I could think of is the fact that it keeps data only for the last 6 months. It has occurred a couple of times when I've needed to research something further back in time and had to call customer service, and they charge you a sizable fee to go back.
January 24, 2019
Matt D.
Director of Safety/Owner
July 31, 2019

“Easy set up & reduces costs”

OverallWe have reduced off route driving in our company vehicles.
ProsThe portal is extremely easy to use and set up vehicles, geofences and run mileage reports.
ConsI don't have any. Scheduled repeating reports would be great!
Damon C.
Scheduling coordinator
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2019

“Fleet Manager”

OverallCommunication to customers, directing drivers to locations, monitoring driving habits and streamlining drive time has been a great benefit by using fleetlocate.
ProsI like that I'm able to track and assist drivers of the fleet to better our service.
ConsLag time can be off but it's not too big of a problem.
September 6, 2019
Lorri M.
Business Development Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Great Product”

OverallWe're very happy with FleetLocate and with their customer service. I've only had to all them twice (and not because of a problem we were experiencing with the software or equipment), but both times the representative was very friendly and efficient.
ProsEasy to customize Lots of different reports to choose from Excellent price
ConsI don't know if this is a problem with software, but there are times when FleetLocate can't tell me exactly where our trucks are. It will only give the street name and city or just the city.
Eric G.
Operations Leader
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

“Fleet Locate”

OverallI've found that it is an invaluable tool to our operation for managing trailer pools to seeing if trailers are empty or loaded.
Prosfunctionality, location set up via geofencing, reporting
Consgeneral speed sit operates is a tad slow
Sandra S.
Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

“Great Fleet Tracking ”

OverallThe ease of installation and the cost made me give great ratings. I highly recommend.
ProsThe software is very user friendly. The price was in my budget.
ConsThere is nothing that I don't like about the software.
Juan C.
president
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“FLEET AND SPRINT”

OverallMY FLEET OF VANS ARE ALWAYS IN TUNE, I KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THEY ARE.
ProsSIMPLE TO USE AND VERY CONVENIENT, LOTS OF DIFFERENT AMENITIES.
ConsTO LEARN YOU MUST CALL FOR SUPPORT, BUT ONCE YOU DO CALL , IT'S SIMPLE
Billie J.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“Great Tracking Tool”

OverallOverall seems to be ok
ProsI like that I can see where my technicians are at any time of the day.
ConsIt goes down to often for my liking. Something happens and we stop getting alerts. Sometimes vehicles stop tracking.
Mark J.
Retail, 11-50 employees

“GPS Tracking”

OverallOverall, the experience has been good. I noticed that one street Google maps has the wrong speed limit, as a consequence, I receive too many notifications on my driver speeding. I wish there was a way in the program to make that correction.
ProsI like ease of use. It seem to be very intuitive. Without anyone helping me, I am able how to figure most things out.
ConsI don't like some of the reports. I was a little confused and I had to call tech support to set up the reports.
teri f.
Safety
August 8, 2019

“sperion ”

Overallwe had a great relationship with the fleet locate team.
Prosthe map was easily readable to follow my drivers when I needed to.
Consthat I could not find a unit on the map and be able to find a shop to do a repair on the same map.
August 8, 2019
Kelley W.
OWner
Construction, 501-1000 employees
June 26, 2016

“Best decision I have made for my company !”

OverallIt was easy to use and at a great price. The customer support was and is outstanding. This is just what my company needed and we couldnt be happier
Prosits intuitive!
June 26, 2016
Justin S.
June 25, 2015

“Great product! I can see all of my trucks and dispatch in minutes.”

OverallThis software has changed my life. It has saved me time and money within the first couple of months using it. It is so easy to find my vehicles, their dashboards are simple and I know if my guys are out doing side jobs without telling me. I would recommend this to anyone who is managing a small or large fleet of trucks.

By Spireon on October 22, 2015
Thank you for the review. Saving time and money for customers is our ultimate goal!
June 25, 2015
Eddy H.
Customer service representative
June 4, 2018

“Did not have a pleasent experience.”

ProsIt had many functions good for the company. Helped keep track of the trucks in route and in plant. It did help the business.
ConsReally bad customer service. Could never get in touch with them. It is not user friendly. Had a tough time learning how to use it.
June 4, 2018
Randy P.
Business Development
Banking, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Easy to Use”

OverallThe company is great to work with.
ProsThe ease of use and the ability to track my assets
ConsI haven't found any yet, but I am not a complex user.
Baltazar O.
December 3, 2016

“Does not go Eye to Eye with competition”

OverallI have used other systems that are much more user-friendly and structured than Fleetlocate, too many steps have to be taken to create reports, no geo-fence history available, it is a very generic system and is not up to par to other Fleet management systems out there.
ProsNot Much about it.
ConsNo system out there is user-friendly but this system is really confusing when creating your reports, or when adding notifications.
Recommendations to other buyersWould like for it to be more like fleetmatics Sagequest.
December 3, 2016
John L.
April 7, 2016

“Poor quality, poor service”

OverallI was very disappointed with my purchase. Worse yet, they try to lock you into long term contract. Any other system is better than this one.
April 7, 2016