G Suite Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.6/5
4.2/5

About G Suite

A suite of collaboration products for teams and small businesses. Web conferencing, file sharing, and scheduling in the cloud. Learn more about G Suite

Jorge L.
Marketing Systems Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2019

“The best suite of productivity tools”

OverallWe have managed everything in the Google ecosystem for so long and with so much ease that it took away the worries and problems of mantaining a server and investing in infraestructure for a business with not so many employees, but with productivity software needs too. We can rest assured that Google will work 99,9999% of the time without putting in risk our data and connectivity.
ProsThe fact that it's all cloud based is what makes GSuite the perfect solution for businesses of all sizes. Starting with Gmail (everyone's used to this service) and having really competent alternatives to Microsoft Office products makes this a dream. It's also cheap enough and scalable on the pricing side. They've got all covered for sure.
ConsIt's hard to find a con on an almost perfect service, but sometimes they take a long time to update the iOS apps with their latest features, something that in Android doesn't happen, of course. Also, the Google Drive app for macOS needs some more work to be up to their standards.
October 16, 2019
Jesse H.
Business Manager
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2019

“Powerful tool for collaboration - and for nonprofits it is free!”

OverallG Suite has allowed better real-time communication, company branded emails, and provided lots of integrated software tools that are easy to use, share, and adapt for various projects. The ability to share and edit documents among a large group and in real time has greatly reduced administrative time in managing group projects (e.g. minutes can be taken during a meeting with several people entering information and then instantly shared with all).
ProsI began using G Suite many years ago as the Director of a small foundation. Since we were a 501c3 we got it for free!! Now that I'm in the private sector - I still appreciate knowing that Google supports non-profits in this way. Bonus points! Anyway - back to the product. G Suite allowed me to set up unique email addresses that used our website url ending (rather than gmail) for our staff, board members, or special projects. We were able to create surveys, forms, and other documents and then set the access and privacy as needed for each item. This was a huge game changer for me as an administrator. No more getting 12 various emails and attachments with feedback on a document. All of us can make notes, suggest changes, etc. in real time.
ConsOccasionally I have run into limitations on my ability to do things that are easily accomplished with Microsoft desktop applications or other software providers - like formatting documents, creating word limits in surveys, etc. I've also been unable to access cloud based items on a couple of occasions due to G Suite errors. These were quickly resolved but still inconvenient in those moments.
October 10, 2019
Nathaly W.
Marketing coordinator
Utilities, 11-50 employees
October 8, 2019

“Brilliant all inclusive Business Solution”

OverallOverall my experience with Gsuite has been such an adventure. The structure allows for safety but there is so much within the suite that your imagination is honestly the only limit. Because there are so many pieces that can be integrated, changed and work together, I do believe that Gsuite has brought out a different way of thinking for me that allows me to think about process, procedures and customer satisfaction and streamlining all in one. I have had so much learning and playing and growing with the suite.
ProsI enjoy that this software has so many integrations and is flexible. I find that I have a good main structure to work with but that I can add, change or manipulate the softwares that are involved within the gsuite. I find that collaborating with my Team is a lot easier with hangouts. Our file storage system has become more streamlined with drive. We can each view eachothers calendars so there isn't any double bookings. My favourite tool within the Gsuite is Google Sheets. There isn't anything that I can't do with sheets. Together with App-Script I have managed to developed some mini functioning software for my teams as a way to keep daily tasks and data together, but also automate it enough to take away the admin aspects of their day. Gsuite has brilliant educational material. If I dont know how to do something or if I'm not sure I can integrate with another tool, searching is as simple as asking a question and BOOM! Answers given!
ConsI sometimes find that tools are all over the place. There isn't one 'Operating System' of sorts that puts them together. This is where something like Chrome OS comes in handy, however on my windows machine I rely on bookmarks, pinning and browser extensions to have my frequently used tools together. However, myself (and most people) are so used to this that it's an almost invisible challenge. It only becomes a little bit complicated when trying to look for ways to seamlessly use both tools together. This is where the right slide drawer in Gmail comes in handy. I just dont use my mailbox enough to frequently use that right slide drawer. If I could have that right slide drawer installed as an extension to my browser that would be all the more useful!
October 8, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“So much value that is easy to incrementally access. It's changed how we work.”

OverallG suite has really simplified on-boarding people, both because it works well with everything and because it's easier to start using than desktop software like open-office or libre office. Generally speaking, even folks who haven't used it before find it easier to use than other office suites. For people who are really accomplished in something like ms-office, there might be some annoyances but we have not had issues w/doing projects that had say excel and sheets users together. Google has done a really good job of looking at the entire set of features needed to make various docs, and focusing on the most important things be easy and work well, delivered in a cloud-centric way. Other unexpected upsides are multi-user and online collaboration features, this is available in some other cloud-centric packages but google was one of first to offer this and it's done very seamlessly. Probably the biggest unexpected advantage is the scripting. We now have important business-level applications running in g-suite that were built incredibly quickly, cheaply and have evolved nicely over time. This is for a company without any professional javascript developers, and it's pretty easy to get somewhat quantitatively-oriented folks to add simple functions even if they're not programmers. This benefit has come so incrementally, and we're tapping only a small portion of whats available... the g-suite api is probably the biggest short and long-term benefit of the product.
ProsSo much capabilities for the price. G suite does a lot, but it doesn't try to do everything. What is does is done incredibly well, very easy to use, good user-experience even for first-time users. Learning curve is so short for most features, it's easy to get started and easy to keep adding skills. Good support for open standards and multiple document and output formats (including raw like json/csv). Large community makes it easy to find examples for most things you'd want to attempt.
ConsG suite is great about Pareto optimization- it does most things really well. What it doesn't do well is noticeable. Usually can be accomplished via another way that it does better. For example to take full advantage of suite, you often need to learn/consider the google/g-suite way of accomplishing. Which once you get in the mindset is easier, it's a do more with less mindset. There are situations where if you're a hardcore excel user, you may find it a bit weak on "included" excel things like pivots or charts. Likewise for presentations, they're basically choosing 70-80% of what you're likely going to use in other products and doing them at a higher level of quality. For most people they won't matter and will be fine. But if you are really, really advanced (we are mostly cs or mba types that are pretty technical, but not necessarily in doc creation)... so if you happen to have some really obscure feature of some program in your suite, you'd first check to see how g suite can accomplish that and if it's to your liking.
October 7, 2019
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“G Suite Does the Most”

OverallThis product is essential to the workplace, and there isn't an alternative that provides all the products, services, and features included in G Suite. It provided a cost savings by allowing us to cancel subscriptions to other services that are included in our G Suite subscription. Overall, it's a must have for any office.
ProsG Suite encompasses our email, file storage, backups, spreadsheets, documents, forms, collaboration projects, and much more, all in one place with one login that I can access from anywhere with a computer, tablet, or from my phone. I can't imagine having multiple vendors to provide all the services we get with G Suite. The ability to work with multiple people, both inside and outside our organization, to update the same spreadsheet or document in real time is extremely beneficial. I can also save files to my Google Drive directly from my computer, without having to log in and upload them. If a person leaves the company, we retain all their data, should it be needed. Also, when an employee leaves, he or she can migrate a copy of all their files and emails to a personal account if they wish, but no longer have access to the company account and the company copy of all their data.
ConsCustomer service mostly consists of reading support docs, forums, and articles. You can't call a person for assistance if you don't know how to do something.
October 3, 2019
Ryan M.
Computer Software, Self-employed
October 1, 2019

“G Suite is the gold standard in productivity applications”

OverallG Suite makes it easily to collaborate not only within your own organization, but also with other organizations on every area from email to processing spreadsheets. It's a must-have in my opinion. As a Gmail user since its early days, I completely trust Google and have faith in what they do (from a non-political side, but I understand that's part of their marketing strategy)
Pros- Integrated with most of the web - Has document/office features, easily accessible through nearly any internet browser - Gmail (email) is closely tied in with everything - OAuth2 / SSO makes signing up for websites that you wouldn't otherwise care to take time on a breeze - Google Voice is awesome - Security is unmatched by any other company
Cons- Google sometimes has questionable motives - Their betas are sometimes forced - Sometimes they drag their feet on important feature releases after announcement, but regardless they always meet their promises. This actually shows great QA and project management which is more of a pro than a con
October 1, 2019
Amanda K.
Home Inspector
Real Estate, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Perfect for a Solopreneur ”

OverallI initially set up G- Suite as a way to have an email with my domain. It has been so great for me because I really like everything streamlined and I don't like toggling between accounts. I can send all my emails for my business into my personal email account and send the emails within my personal account to look as though they are coming from my business account. This has been a huge time saver for me personally. I then learned about the benefits of Google Drive, Google hangouts for webinars with my followers and Google Voice. All of these have become daily programs I use within my business. The thing I love is that they work seamlessly with what I have already set up personally.
ProsOne of the things I absolutely LOVE about G-Suite is that I can use the Google Drive feature right on my desktop. I create a lot of images for my blog and business and I like saving them to Google Drive, but I never liked having to upload everything manually. Now, with G-Suite I can access my drive as if it's on my computer's hard drive. Another feature that I use as a small business owner is the Google Voice feature. I am now able to have my work phone number ring directly to my personal phone by having my work phone number with Google Voice. I sound much more professional and I can have my own voicemail message for this number as well. I also appreciate the fact that I can get an email and/or text with a transcribed voice message or a copy of a text message. This helps me immensely when I'm on a job and cannot answer my phone.
ConsI love G-Suite so much, I wish there were more additional features! I feel like it could be a great system for small business owners and with a few more add-ons I could consolidate some of my other services that I currently pay for.
September 24, 2019

“Everything in one place”

OverallG Suite helps us stay organized by having every file, spreadsheet, asset, email, etc accessible from one platform on both desktop and mobile. It makes doing business on the go as easy as sitting in the office.
ProsIt makes storing, sharing, and viewing information very easy. Everything is stored and accessed in one place, from email to calendars to spreadsheets and other files. G Suite keeps our company organized and secure with Google Cloud and mobile accessible apps.
ConsCustomer service is not the best. Even getting in touch with a live human tends to feel like a robot, as they tend to give canned responses and simply restate what is found on the FAQ and support pages.
CLARK A.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 24, 2019

“G Suite in the Classroom”

OverallOverall, I would highly recommend G Suite in a classroom or any compay really. The storage online is excellent, and best of all, if you create a file in G Suite, it does not count against your storage space. Although with school accounts Google gives everyone unlimited storage. I use G Suite every single day, and some days it can be frustrating, but most of the time it works extremely well.
ProsAs a teacher, I love using the Google Suite in my classroom. I have all of my work on there and I can easily create, edit, share, and display my work from any location. I can work on something on my classroom desktop, but then open the same file on my laptop when I am in a meeting. I can also access my work on my home computer and on my mobile devices as well. Creating SlideShows, Spreadsheets, Docs, etc is easy. Sharing those with others is easy too. As teachers, we love to share our work and collaborate together. G Suite makes it very user-friendly. Google does not charge us our our students to have an account, so I recommend this product over expensive software.
ConsG Suite does lack some of the more advanced features that you would find on Microsoft or other products. It is a "watered-down" version of the traditional products out there. Although Google is working hard to fix them, I have found a lot of "bugs" in the system that can make it frustrating for me and my students to work. As a school district, if the student or teacher leaves the district (on graduation for example) then the student will lose all of their work unless they share their work with their personal gmail account.
Krishna M.
Student Ambassador
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“Google Suite: The Ultimate Tool for your College Education”

OverallUsing Google's App suite, I expected there to be a notable difference in usability between it and Microsoft Office. But I was wrong. I noticed zero difference. In fact, I use Google Suite more than Microsoft Office because of how easy it is to keep documents backed up. That alone gives me peace of mind that I won't lose any data should my local machine crash.
ProsNormally, I use apps like Microsoft Office because of the known familiarity and ease of use. When a peer told me about Google Suite, I took a look at it, and I noticed that there are apps that are identical to Microsoft office, like word docs, spreadsheets, powerpoint presentations, etc. of course, Google names them differently. When I began working on my English paper, I was initially skeptical of how Google Docs would be since I was so used to using Microsoft Word. But when I used Google Docs, I was beyond impressed. It's literally identical to Microsoft Word, except, it's free, and it's on the cloud, and every small edit I make Google autosaves it in seconds. Then I decided to look into the other Google Apps, like Google Slides and Google Spreadsheets. After using them, I can say that there is literally zero difference in functionality and usability between using Microsoft or Google's apps.
ConsAdmittedly, Google's app suite can be a tad slow when in use. I noticed that when I use Google Docs or Sheets. But that's to be expected for something that is literally on the cloud. Plus, on my Mac, using Google apps online can increase my CPU usage, and make my fans spin faster than they should be. But really, those are the only complaints I can really give to Google Suite. But honestly, the pros simply outweigh the cons.
September 9, 2019
Aziz K.
Information Systems Lead
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2019

“G Suite for Non Profitd”

OverallThe transition from Office 365 to G Suite has been fairly smooth. Google provides a migration service that can complete the process without paying extra. G Suite apps are amazing for collaboration, something that Office 365 combined with Dropbox couldn't match before. Google has improved the accessibility of their G Suite apps immensely to the point that several of our visually impaired and blind employees are able to use it without any substitutes or help. Google offers GSSMO and for this reason we are able to have a mixed environment of strictly G Suite users, as well as some that prefer Outlook. GSSMO allows us to provide Outlook and still keep the company directory for those users in Outlook as well as being able to view the calendar availability of their colleagues. G Suite was able to replace Office 365 and we are planning to take advantage of the full offering and replace Dropbox as well.
ProsSupport provided by Google is excellent. G Suite for Non Profits is free of charge and includes most of the features needed for a company. G Suite apps are amazing for collaboration and are highly accessible for visually impaired employees.
ConsOnly 30 GB of storage space is offered to share between Drive, Gmail and Photos for Non Profit account.
September 4, 2019
Nate B.
Internal Communications Coordinator
Retail, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2019

“Using G Suite as a Business Communicator”

OverallOverall, G Suite is a dream to use - so long as you have a reliable internet connection. I especially appreciate the collaborative features, the ability to set differing permissions, and the integration with other products. The ability to use it on a smartphone on the go is very helpful as well.
ProsI love the collaborative aspects of G Suite. The ability to create shared folders and documents that are accessible from anywhere, the ability for multiple people to work in and comment on documents all at the same time. The ability to tag/call out colleagues in a document, and assign them sections to work on is amazing as well. There is even a built-in chat function to host a discussion within a document. Moreover, the accessibility of documents from anywhere with an internet connection is great. It's as easy to do from within a mobile app as it is on a desktop computer, making sharing items on the fly (or while out sick) a snap! We use G Suite with LumApps intranet, and G Suite integrates nearly seamlessly. It's great! As a business communicator, the ability to set different permissions in a document is immensely helpful, and it is appreciated!
ConsSome features are a little less intuitive than others, which sends a curveball. In some ways, Google have set the bar so high for themselves with the way some features work, that they almost set themselves up to disappoint when other features don't perform or are less intuitive. G Suite is often marketed as a Microsoft Office replacement. And in many ways, it is. However, there are a couple of features that are missing or underdeveloped: In any document, it is not possible to do a find-and-replace that is limited to a specific section or limited to a highlighted area. Find-and-replace applies to the entire document, which is very vexing. In Google Slides, it is not possible to set differing slide durations; each slide must advance at the same interval. Both of these features, which I used every day in Microsoft Office, seem relatively easy to implement. (But then again, I am not a coder!)
August 30, 2019
Jordan S.
CTO/Co-Founder
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“G-Suite Rocks for Small Businesses”

OverallMy business partner and I thoroughly enjoy G-Suite for it's ease-of-use, cross-device compatibility and included software tools. Can't really ask for too much more.
ProsI love G-suite and the applications bundled into it for use in my own small business. I use the gmail web client each and every single day both on my computer and phone. There are a lot of features to love but I'll keep it simple: 1.) Android Plug-and-Play functionality 2.) Awesome cloud based tools included (google drive, google sheets, google photos, calendar etc.) 3.) Unwavering uptime. I can't say I've ever had one issue with my email responsiveness and ability to use G-Suite software
ConsCan't really think of many dislikes for G-Suite. but one dislike I would have is my inability to attach certain .zip files to emails that I send out. I think that the email scanning (of what I'm sending out) is just a wee bit invasive although I do get why Google would do it. At least maybe find a way to make simple web development documents (.html/.css/ javascript) easy to send. Another thing would be that sometimes I suppose that Microsoft document formatting can be lost between Google Sheets and Microsoft documents when you try to open them but that is to be expected.
Hank P.
Owner/Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 19, 2019

“G Suite for Small Businesses! ”

OverallI have used Gsuite for my buisness email for over 2 years and love it. I set it up myself and was able to easily get the email on my smart phone (iPhone) too. I have recommended it for several clients as well and so far everyone who has implemented this has been very happy.
ProsI love this product for a small business who needs a "branded email" account (eg. @businessname.com). Having a branded email presents a more professional appearance to potential clients than something like @yahoo.com, @aol.com or even @gmail.com. GSuite is super easy to set up, works just like Gmail and allows easy integration to your smart phone. It is a minimal cost per month and makes it an easy business decision.
ConsGoogle's customer service is not great. They do, however, have lots of online support in the form of frequently asked questions and the like. I would love to have a person (someone in the US) that I could speak with on the phone for the rare instance that it's needed.
August 19, 2019
August 12, 2019

“A comprehensive suite of tools”

OverallOverall, G Suite is exactly what you need. For everything you need that it doesn't have, G Suite can likely integrate with it. I have tried Microsoft and Zoho, and G Suite easily comes out on top in terms of seamless interaction and overall functionality.
Pros- G Suite brings in nearly everything you need to run an efficient company's documents. Sheets, Docs, Drawings, Storage, Email. - All the tools work together seamlessly. - Products are always being upgraded and they are all so widely used, there is practically no learning curve to onboard a new employee or contractor. - Support is fast and professional. If Google has not yet documented a question in their comprehensive Q/A, then their support staff will help you straight away. - The tools included are the best of the best. Sheets and Docs make collaboration very efficient when compared to their Microsoft counterparts. - Managing users, permission, and multiple accounts is an absolute breeze. G Suite makes this extremely simple and straightforward. - G Suite has an excellent integration and extensibility system, and even a marketplace of apps. This means that for any tool not already included with G Suite (such as a CRM or Document Signing), it can be integrated and added onto your license with ease.
Cons- The cost per user does feel a bit high when compared to other suite products (like Microsoft of Zoho). - There has yet to have an encryption feature added to the basic G Suite which I feel is essential for most (if not all) corporate suite offerings. - While the products included are great, they are also just the basic products required to effectively run a business. This can be a pro and a con at the same time, but a more robust suite offering would help compare G Suite with its more robust competitors (Microsoft and Zoho).
August 12, 2019
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2019

“A full feature office suite, wherever you are”

OverallOverall, G-Suite is a great tool for productivity and collaboration. The pros far outweigh the cons.
Pros-Cloud based: Can use in the office or remote. Works on multiple devices and syncs seamlessly -Ease of use: Most apps are initiative and feel familiar, especially if you've used the Microsoft Office suite in the past. -Scalability: Allows a company to grow their team with ease. -Google ecosystem - great if you already have a gmail account, Android, or any other Google products. -Versatile: G-Suite can replace multiple applications. Office Suite and file storage, just to name a couple.
ConsSlow load times: I'm often surprised how long the "Working..." text lingers before everything loads. You'd think Google's servers would be powerful enough to load documents and spreadsheets nearly instant. I've noticed this issue on multiple devices. Desire to convert. I wish G-Suite did a better job of viewing Microsoft files nativity. You can technically view them I always feel the need to convert to a G-Suite file to get the most use. And then I'm stuck with 2 file types. Not great for transferring documents to a Microsoft user back and forth. There could be improvement here.
July 24, 2019
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees
July 23, 2019

“Advanced, easy, intuitive and simple set of collaboration and business tools”

OverallGreat suite for collaboration, office work and simple document management...
ProsIt is great cross platform set of tools that easily orchestrate variety of business activities. Not that it is only e-mail service, it is way too more. Great integration with calendar, notes, Google keep and many other services helps a with organizing our team, as well as having most of our documents and important data on the go, with our mobile phones, no matter of the brand or even mobile OS.
ConsWhenever you have any kind of problem, you have really good knowledge base, but it is almost impossible to get in touch with live person to discuss specific problems. Everything is automatized, maybe even more than it should be.
July 23, 2019
Alexander V.
Director of Operations
July 13, 2019

“Our business thrives on G Suite”

OverallRegardless of some relatively minor setbacks, G Suite has made it easier for us to operate all aspects of our digital marketing agency. I recommend it to any business professional.
ProsI've always appreciated the next-gen instant-sync capabilities of Google's whole suite of apps, especially Drive and Gmail, and G Suite brings all that convenience to a business level. Not only do we get a Gmail attached to our own custom domain name (better for business purposes), but G Suite's unlimited Drive storage allows us to easily manage most of our marketing agency's operations all in one convenient place - we have our own space for business assets, and we can access vital documents wherever we go, whether it's for internal operations or client work. A real life-saver! It's also insane, the value for money Google provides in terms of business web apps & services for every need. The best part? The customer support is excellent. We get an instant support hotline with Google and can get our questions answered whenever we want. The rules surrounding a G Suite account upgrade were a bit confusing, but a quick phone conversation cleared up everything and we were up & running with our upgraded plan within a half-hour.
Cons1. G Suite has so many different features, it can be confusing to navigate the way through what exactly is what, and some of the help docs aren't the most transparent about how to use certain features. With that being said, their great support team is at our service to clear the confusion around anything. 2. Google has had a few Google Cloud downtimes over the past half-year, each causing G Suite & Google Drive services to stop fully working for a few consecutive hours - along with numerous other websites that rely on Google (including Vimeo and CloudFlare). Since our entire business thrives on G Suite and Google Cloud-based apps, this critically affected our ability to perform work as usual. Naturally Google is one of the biggest tech companies in the world and they maintain world-class standards for the reliability of their servers, but they've had an increasing number of downtimes, so prepare for the unexpected and be sure to have a copy of your work elsewhere for when you can't use it. I recommend installing the Google Backup & Sync desktop app to keep hard copies of your Drive files on your computer. It's not that the files get lost, it's that the downtimes have prevented us from accessing some of them. It happens with everybody. Amazon's servers got overloaded on Prime Day. Facebook and its related apps (Instagram, Messenger & WhatsApp) have had several downtimes this year too. Downtimes can be a big con, but they do happen so you have to be ready for them.
July 13, 2019
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Need lot of improvements.............”

OverallI have been extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with G-Suite support and the professionalism of the staff. I was advised to use G-Suite by my web designer who spoke very highly of the offerings provided by it. I was originally satisfied and impressed by G-Suite but the last 6 months have left me totally dissatisfied. Over the past six months, emails that my company send using G-Suite go into people's spams folders. This has happened with longstanding contacts and new ones. Even after they list us as an approved sender (which we already were), the emails continue to go into spam. G-Suite supports claimed it was a DNS, DMARC issue. I had this changed as per instructions. When the issue persisted I contacted G-Suite support and they again claimed it was all DNS and DMARC. I pointed out that we had done that and they claimed it wasn't correct. I spoke with another G-Suite support personnel and they claimed that it was done right. Two different answers about the same issue by G-Suite support. I pointed out that we are doing Google Adwords and have spent a considerable amount on it and people who respond to our ad with a Gmail email are not getting our response. I was then told that it was a Gmail issue and I would need to contact a Gmail support forum, I did and was told that no it is G-Suite issue.
ProsG Suite offers a wide variety of office and productivity-related solutions, all under one account and can have your domain as the end point URL.
ConsI have been incredibly disappointed and disillusioned with G-Suite support and the polished methodology of the staff. I was encouraged to utilize G-Suite by my website specialist who talked in all respects profoundly of the contributions given by it. I was initially fulfilled and awed by G-Suite yet the most recent a half year have left me completely disappointed. I discovered it somewhat hard to import my telephone contacts to the Gmail application utilizing programmed match up. I just physically enter them, which for my situation, is really valuable as I'm ready to alter immaterial contacts and pertinent contacts.
May 28, 2019
Rob C.
Co-founder
May 26, 2019

“Doesn't get easier”

OverallFor all the minor complaints above, G Suite was always my first pick for web-based productivity. It makes it easy to stay organized, look professional, and collaborate with my small team so that every moment we spend working counts. I would recommend it to just about anybody.
ProsIn my circles, Gmail is the default email client, so opting for G Suite as the system to run a digital marketing business just made sense. It's a near-perfect solution for email, collaborating on documents, cloud storage, and scheduling, with what I'll call the most user-friendly layout of the typical options. I know that by choosing G Suite, I won't have to worry about a lengthy on-boarding process, and that's a big benefit given how little time I have as an entrepreneur to devote to tedium.
ConsLittle things missing from G Suite make it a near-perfect solution rather than a perfect one. I like that Dropbox can be used as a server. I like that Office 365 includes access to Desktop applications that, frankly, are more capable than what Google offers (though Google's offerings are perfectly fine the majority of the time). Other things, like the half-baked Google Meet, are puzzling for their inclusion and lack of visibility in the suite. I'd wager most users have no idea it's an option, and that might be for the best, as it's not a great choice for hosting conference calls. Hangouts Chat, meanwhile, has gotten plenty of exposure, but lacks basic features like proper integration with regular Hangouts, Group Chat, and other things that users need. Essentially, try to get outside of the basics, and G Suite will let you down.
May 26, 2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2019

“Cough up the money. It's worth it.”

OverallOur organization has benefitted greatly from our decision to upgrade to the G Suite. There's some training that has to happen in the transition process, but everyone immediately saw the value of being able to have their Google Drive linked to their work email instead of mixed with their personal life. We've not regretted the money we spent on this software.
ProsWhen our IT administrator asked me to beta test the G Suite for wider use at our organization, it was a no brainer. I didn't need to take two weeks to decide like he asked. I have been benefitting from Google's incredible tools including Gmail, Drive, and others most of my life, and to be able to use them at work is even better. Unfortunately, since Outlook is so entrenched, we couldn't make the full migration over to Gmail, but we use all the rest of the tools in the Suite on a daily basis. If you're setting up a team from scratch, this is the way to go. Make the easy decision and integrate everything from the start so you don't have to fix it later.
ConsThe only thing I wish is that we had started on G Suite from the beginning. It was a bit of a headache to migrate over existing accounts to the official organizational account, and some weren't able to transition smoothly. But it was definitely the right move. Otherwise, everyone would still be using their personal Gmail accounts they created back in high school (embarassing!) The price point might be a con, but in my opinion worth every penny. You get the expanded storage space, plus the ability to upgrade everyone to a professional account that matches the professional work you are doing.
March 31, 2019
Thomas P.
Chief Operating Officer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“The hidden face of G Suite”

OverallOverall we are saving such much time with all the collaboration options that we use it for all of our companies. On top of having the peace of mind that everything is secured and always running.
Pros Yes, I love having all the required basic tools to run my business like emails, calendar, drive storage, docs and everything else. I could talk about all the obvious features everyone knows about G Suite but for me the value of G Suite for business goes beyond that. Considering that running a business in 2019 almost always guaranteed that you will need to have an online presence of some sort, being on G Suite simplify a lot of the processes and required tools access needed to run your business online. Let me explain. When running or starting a business, you need Google My Business Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google Ads, YouTube, Google Trends and on and on. Being on G Suite allows you to centralize all of those assets and access under your company to avoid having personal emails owning your assets which can bring issues when trying to linked them all. It also simplify how you manage your employees access to all those assets and platforms. I could even add that there are so many platforms outside of Google cco-system uses Google Single Sign-in option that being on G Suite again simplify the account sign process. Finally the ability to control and protect your company data using G Suite management platform is just awesome, sometime a bit of advanced knowledge is required but nothing that can't be understood in Google's the support section.
ConsNot that much, it's easy to setup , however, it can get a bit complicated for new users to setup advanced features. But again the support section is very detailed.
March 19, 2019
Gerard B.
Owner/CEO
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
January 27, 2019

“G Suite Review”

OverallG Suite helps my team to be much more productive than the way they were before implementing G Suite. We can use the Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and Google Drive apps to manage the business' contacts lists as well as email campaigns. Gmail helps communication between my team, our existing clients, and potential clients. The Calendar helps my team and me to plan meetings and manage calls. G Drive helps me to organize all of my documents. Maps has been indispensable when planning out the routes for face to face meetings with clients. Every aspect of the G Suite helps my business run efficiently and effectively.
ProsEverything about G Suite has been extremely helpful. It is an absolutely amazing set of apps which can help run any business. I've used Gmail for several years and it is easy and reliable. On top of being easy to use, I've had virtually no problems at all other than forgetting my own password; however, that was quickly resolved. Google Calendar is a calendar app, and in my opinion definitely one of the most useful and comprehensive calendar apps out there. I have been able to organize events by color and have even gone so far as to share my calendar with the others in your G Suite, which has made it extremely easy to schedule meetings and conference calls with my staff. As if that weren't enough, G Suite even has iOS apps that can be used on your iPad and iPhone, which happen to be essential tools in my line of work.
ConsI found it a little difficult to import my phone contacts to the Gmail app using automatic sync. I just manually enter them, which in my case, is actually beneficial as I'm able to edit irrelevant contacts and relevant contacts.
January 27, 2019
Russell S P.
Teacher and Consultant
E-Learning, Self-employed
January 15, 2019

“G Suite is great for educators!”

OverallExtremely positive! Grateful that G Suite was developed!
ProsLong gone are the days when teachers had to make hundreds of copies, keeping filing cabinets full of documents, worry about a dog eating the homework, worry about a computer shutting down and not saving something, and struggle to collaborate with peers. G Suite is an educator's dream come true! Here's why I love it from a teacher's perspective: - It moves all of your software tools to the cloud, which means I can work on anything (documents, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.) from any device, any time, and anywhere. I don't have to have one desktop, or the same laptop, or any of that. I can simply log in with my credentials and continue working. - G Suite offers multiple tools that are great for teachers and students. Classroom is a digital space where I can assign and collect assignments. Docs is a phenomenal word processor. Forms builds surveys, questionnaires, or quizzes in minimal time. Sheets can be used for graphing in science/math, etc. And this just scratches the surface. G Suite also offers Sites (a powerful, yet simple website builder) and a host of other great tools. G Suite is so multifaceted and full of awesome tools for the classroom! - Access to all of these great tools just comes with your Google account. Yes, you are limited by space, and how much cloud storage you or your employer have purchased. But all of these great tools are free with your account. - It's reliable, perfect for collaboration, and always being updated with great, new features.
ConsMy only con (and this isn't really a con, more of a concern) is that your creativity potential is limited by how much cloud storage you have. Everything you create or build uses space - so make sure you have enough. Different than the hard drive era of years ago also is the fact that you will have to continue to pay for this cloud space - you can't just buy a hard drive (one time fee) and store your items with G Suite. Hopefully, though, your district or school system purchases access to this for you as a part of your employment.
January 15, 2019
Andrés E. B.
Analista sénior
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
December 17, 2018

“All in one”

OverallSimplifying tasks, making the process more agile, should be in the mind of any company or entrepreneur. For my luck, I have managed to reach those two premises. Of course! I'm still learning, but that's what life is about. We still have to see in the digital world.
ProsWhen we talk about Google, I think that the average person thinks about Gmail and yes, it's a great service. However, when we talk about Google, we really refer to a world of tools and functionality that help to solve everything from the simplest, send an email, to a video conference with the top management of an organization or a business partner. In my experience, I believe that G Suite has revolutionized the digital world. What they now call "the new normal" and that every day becomes stronger. Force that is also attributed to us, the users. So important is the use of tools like this, which I've seen, and it's something that Google can search for, as large corporations start their Digital Transformation processes through platforms like this one. Thing that without thinking much, speaks quite well of the G Suite.
ConsNot everything can be perfect and the good thing about that is that we can continue to see how each and every one of the services in the G Suite will be improving and adapting to the demands of us, the users. However, I will insist that platforms like the G Suite, in my opinion, are not as well known as they should be. In many occasions I name services as elementary as Google Docs and people are left looking surprised, but this is not something negative of the platform. Yes for users who have solutions in their pocket and do not know it.
December 17, 2018
Media Production, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Excellent and practically required suite of tools for individuals and businesses of any size”

OverallI have setup GSuite for my own company and for others. There are other options but GSuite is the best overall option for integration and working with all devices. The administration is fairly logical but not great. It shines in end user implementation due to familiarity and quality infrastructure. The infrastructure is the most reliable and without peer in my experience.
ProsIntegration of desktop and cloud with mature tools and pretty much without peer, reliability. Vast array of third party integration and add-ons. High quality mail eliminates SO MANY headaches of running own mail server.
ConsGoogle support is not great at any level for any product. Frankly they come across as an arrogant company to me that doesn't value individual customers. I also started setting up GSuite for others and did not get credit from the GSuite referral program. The program itself shows the Google arrogance. Instead of what you'd expect from a referral program it is just vague, "trust us" assumptions with very little in the way of tracking your progress (this from the company that specializes in Big Data on an unequaled scale) that you have to go along with or not participate. Google rides the back of small business developers (primarily Adsense) but treats them with indifference and also kills off small business industry and while taking advantage of Open Source surreptitiously eliminates many of the great open source and "free" community based tools and services that the Internet was built on. (Google of course not the only Big company doing this. It is pretty much standard Silicon Valley) Normally I would just move on from any company like this, but Google is like the government of technology. They get their piece of everything and you have to take it. It is just too bad that they choose to be a dictatorship in their unique position, rather than egalitarian.
November 27, 2018
Michelle M.
Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2018

“It's So Easy To Use You Feel Bad For Using It”

OverallAlmost every business I have worked with over the last ten years or so has been rooted in Google Suite products, from advertising to basic internal communication. Over the years I've become extremely familiar with Chrome, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, AdWords, AdSense, scripting automation, Maps, Earth, YouTube, Chromecast, Analytics, Waze, Calendar, Android, Keep, Slides... and I'm pretty sure there are more that ought to be on the list, but the point is there is a Google version of almost everything I need to do. I was an early adopter of Microsoft's original OLE (object linking and embedding) that allowed you to be able to manage your data in one place (the database) and have changes reflected everywhere the data was used - Word Docs, Excel spreadsheets, Project reports and so on. G-Suite is like Office on steroids mixed with a little free 'crack' to keep you coming back - because they keep adding new functionality and it almost never costs the user a dime... as long as you don't mind being the commodity.
ProsThere's no getting around the fact that the single most compelling reason to use the Google suite of business apps is that they are free for the average user. Gmail itself is ubiquitous, so no matter what group you work with - room mothers, band members, co-workers, volunteers - anyone with internet access either has, or can easily create, a Gmail address and boom - you're all part of a system that is easy to control. Sharing documents with Google Drive is way better than clogging up someone's email sending them file attachments. You can even share files with people you don't know - got a downloadable product you want to sell and don't have the time or the money to set up a full-fledged store? Include a secure link in a shared Google Drive file in an email or on a web page or even in a receipt. It's so easy you feel like you cheated. Another reason for using the Google Suite of products is that no matter what aspect of the G-Suite you are digging into, there will be a LOT of info out on the internet about how to get the most out of it. YouTube, Adwords scripts, spreadsheet automation, data reporting, maps to your business location, photo management and sharing, translating documents, managing your money, operating a classroom, casting web content to your TV... the list is extensive, and so are the online resources - videos and articles by users abound.
ConsOne drawback to using this software is that it's unequivocally connected to YOU. Google Maps knows where you are if you have it installed on a phone. Every single IP address used to access any part of the Google universe is logged. Google code is in everything, all over the place. It's a little big-brother-feeling. That's the trade-off. You get all their software for free, but you give up your anonymity.
November 16, 2018
Chad W.
Front-End Developer
Internet, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2018

“The new gold standard”

OverallG Suite is a must for the modern business. It's completely backward compatible and platform agnostic, meaning you can give your clients exactly what they need no matter how old their tech is.
ProsG Suite is comprehensive. It includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more. They are constantly up-to-date and their web apps are practically bulletproof. Docs, Sheets - The features keep rolling out to make this a Microsoft Office killer. Instantly sharable files and amazing versioning keep the world smooth. I'm constantly using Sheets' API integrations to organize and sort data in real time and present to clients. And I love the Docs outline view. Drive - The semi-recent interface update has made Drive so much more usable. Extremely flexible and intuitive.
ConsMy biggest complaint about Docs and Sheets is how long they take to start up and load a document. Because there's no native desktop app, these startup times really add up when working with multiple documents. Besides that, I wish Docs had more formatting flexibility so I could create my own heading styles, paragraph styles, etc. I have two Google accounts - one personal and one for work. Google can't ever seem to open documents or files with the right account, even if I have explicit ownership on one. As far as I can tell there's no way to open a folder or file with a specific account either, so I can't bookmark a google drive folder with a certain account to always open with that account. Google admin tools are another pain point. G Admin is leagues better than traditional admin tools, but they are still very slow and get this - the search isn't comprehensive. If you search for @company.com, hoping to find all the email addresses and groups you own for that company, you are out of luck. You will get 0 results. Managing group members is also clunky and slow. It uses a very dated layout and doesn't reliably update its display. I often have to refresh the page to actually see the members I've just added.
October 21, 2018
Ashley M.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2018

“The Google Suite is a Game Changer for Businesses”

OverallIt has been very positive.
ProsThe Google suite provided seamless integration and the ability to collaborate in a virtual environment for our entire growing business. We are a virtual company, which allows us to save thousands of dollars per month in rent. One obstacle for many businesses of our size with talent spread across the country is that working together can be difficult when you are spread out in different geographical areas. The G-Suite provides a suite of tools that allow for virtual teamwork without needing to leave the house. The feature-rich suite allows for everything from file storage, to documentation, from spreadsheets and word processing to executive presentation creation. Our company no longer uses the Microsoft Suite. We have replaced it with the Google Suite, and we are so happy that we made the change. It has increased our productivity and provided a more robust, functional working environment across the team and client base. Best of all it is totally scalable and can be integrated seamlessly, designed to grow with your business and your team.
ConsThe only thing I didn't like about the Google Suite, is how long it took for me to adopt it in the workplace. If I would have know then what I know now....I would have followed my former employee's suggestion years ago when he recommended we make the switch away from the "tried and true" gold standard of Microsoft. I feared that would be a risky move, and that it would take guys like me too long to get comfortable with the product suite. It was virtually seamless and required no 'learning curve' whatsoever. If you are used to using Google Mail and Calendars, you will require virtually no adjustments.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
October 19, 2018

“Great if your business isn't MS Office dependent”

OverallIn general, this is a great solution if your company has somewhat tech savvy employees and aren't confused easily by the difference in OS and cross platform functionality, or if your company isn't MS Office centric. G Suite is glitch free and quite powerful with most of the functionality that Office 365 has with much more intuitiveness in daily use and much cheaper. However, it isn't quite as robust in most programs such as Excel Outlook. That said, you can absolutely use both products in unison, but that begs the question of why, because at that point, you are paying for two products instead of one. One company I worked at avoided MS Office 365 and went with the downloaded licenses, and then used G Suite for all cloud storage/syncing and email. We loved it and never really looked back. Also, while MS Office and MS/Sharepoint administrators will swear that Sharepoint is the only way to collab, the truth is, it sucks. What a horrible platform. We used Google Drive to collaborate and it was much easier to get individuals to work on, tell who was editing, and administer logins, rights, etc. I also used this for a small photography startup and it kept costs manageable and allowed me to quickly setup an organized cloud centric business solution with professional email without much hassle. It is also used as the backend on many website development sites like SquareSpace now, so you have seemless transition with website development.
ProsThe cost is far better than competitors and everything works together seamlessly as a suite of apps. Even MS Office 365 could learn a few lessons. It is simply more intuitive and easy to start. You can easily get to an actual human unlike OneDrive "support". It syncs better to mobile devices than MS. You don't need an IT department to administer, setup, and use this product. Works as the back-end for Squarespace email, etc.
ConsIt isn't MS Office based, therefore, if you use a lot of MS Office documents, such as Excel, Word, etc., it converts it to Google Docs when using via web. This makes using the Drive storage not quite as user friendly. You can open it in Office directly to keep functionality, but if you are attempting to open it via web like Office 365, it will be Google Docs based. This isn't a huge problem if you are a company or school that is Chrome OS based, or not terribly dependent on MS Office, but if you are, this may be a non-starter. Some IT departments may also complain. That said, I did work at a mid-sized company (500+ employees) that relied on MS Office a lot, and we still utilized the G Suite for all of our staff. Took a learning curve, but that was it. Not as robust as Office products, especially Excel and Outlook.
Christian N.
Owner / Instructor
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 29, 2018

“G Suite Review”

OverallOverall, I highly recommend G Suite for any small business (or any sized business really). The only caution I would have is be sure to map out how G Suite use will impact users' Android systems and use of Google Apps on Android. I've encountered difficulties accessing some features on this platform after switching from a general user account to a paid G Suite account.
ProsG Suite has been a tremendous help to my small business. It's integration of professional email, storage, and productivity tools has been a money and time saver, allowing me to quickly create an online presence. The rates for services are a great value, and include a wide array of versatile and useful applications for both technology products and publication/content management products.
ConsThe main issue I have with G Suite is more my lack of immediate skill in G Suite administration. This has not impacted many things negatively, but only produced some small annoyances. As a small business owner, I'm both user and administrator. Some settings on the administration side have proven difficult to figure out, even with Google's forums and instructions. This has slightly impacted the ease of use of Google products that I did not previously have any issues with, such as Google Maps. For example, using my professional account purchase through G Suite I've been unable to activate some features of Navigation on my Andriod phone, effectively turning off the ability to save addresses. Every time I've thought I addressed the issue, it reverts to the previous state. Not having customer support to contact has left me a bit frustrated with the professional version vs. the features I'm able to make use of as a private user. However, this is also a bit of a side-effect of me being my own administrator - user error or user inability is almost always the fault of the user - I can own that.
September 29, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2018

“G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere”

OverallExtremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience.
ProsWhere do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.
ConsThe features in all of the Microsoft office-like programs in G Suite are not really close to comparable to the amount and quality of features in the actual Microsoft Office suite (yet). I assume this will get better with time but for example the variety of transitions and animations in Google Slides is much less than PowerPoint. Also, in Microsoft Excel you can basically code programs if you know what you are doing, and this is just not achievable yet with Google Sheets.
August 14, 2018
Publishing, 201-500 employees
July 19, 2018

“It's Either G Suite, or Microsoft... Just Choose One and Go For It!”

OverallGreat integration. It's an entire platform that you can use from your laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, chromebook... anything!
ProsI like the integration with G Suite. It's all integrated: email, Drive (file storage and sharing), Docs (Word), Sheets (Excel), drawing tools, etc. etc. There are a lot of powerful 'web apps' built in to G Suite.
Cons1) Compatibility with Microsoft formats. We all know that Microsoft Office was king for basically ever. And many companies still use Office. Once in a while, we will send/share a document with a partner and they won't be able to open it (or they are unsure of HOW to open it). Everyone in the world has used Microsoft Office, and there are a few scenarios when we have created a file using G Suite, and our customer/partner can't open it. 2) .PDF compatibility. Where to begin? We all know that Adobe wants to own .pdf files. Everyone uses .pdfs, but you know you need a paid version or subscription of Adobe Acrobat if you want to make any significant edits to a .pdf. There is no built-in pdf editor in G Suite. There are a few 3rd party pdf editors that integrate with G Suite, but none of them are as powerful as Adobe Acrobat, and most of them require a purchase or subscription to get full features. And even then, after paying for a 3rd party 'plugin', you can't make major edits to a PDF file like you can with a paid version of Acrobat. This is half Google's fault and half Adobe. But since PDFs are everywhere, there are certainly times when we can't edit PDFs via G Suite and have to turn to Acrobat. 3) Too simplistic. I think the graphic designers at Google had too much control when designing the apps. Office has more edit and format options. G Suite needs to enable more formatting options while keeping it easy to use and easy to learn.
July 19, 2018
CARLOS L.
Presidente
July 18, 2018

“Everything you need for a dynamic and productive office is in GSuite. It has saved our lives!”

OverallThe software has a lot of potential for those who know how to use it. we make the most of google drive as a digital repository. On the other hand, hangouts is an excellent communication tool. It is extremely easy to use. It does not require extensive technical training, nor follow tutorials. anyone can adapt quickly. It's as easy to use as a gmail. the fact that google apps for work offers: Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups... makes it a platform that has all the solutions for a serious and demanding work environment. Enough to start using google apps for work, so that each app adapts to the processes of the office, significantly improving the performance of it. The implementation and adaptation of google apps for work in my office was extremely easy. The interface of the Google platform is incredibly simple and intuitive to use. The google customer service is excellent. you can count on your technical team, they are there to help. Do not hesitate to integrate google apps for work into your work routine. It will make life easier for you as you have no idea.
ProsI sincerely believe that Google GSuite has adapted very well to the needs of my office. The fact that G Suite provides us with a customized domain for our company provides invaluable added value. Basically google apps for work has all the essential applications to make an office a productive, proactive, dynamic and technological environment. In our case we make daily use of Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups. Because it allows us to access all the important data at any time and in any place. All apps are synchronized with google drive, so it does not matter if you are at home or traveling, google apps allows you to access all the content that your team handles. It is as if you are continuously immersed in the dynamics of work. We use Hangouts to communicate in real time. It also allows us to establish videoconferences between several participants, so we can hold a meeting without being all in the same boardroom. google drive is our digital repository of all the important data that needs to be shared in the easiest and fastest way possible. While Google docs we use it recurrently or it allows us to create documents and edit them in a shared way. I truly believe that the Google apps for work has solved many inconveniences. It is an extremely useful ally when it comes to working as a team
ConsI really have nothing to object to in terms of google applications. I think they are very well thought out, designed to satisfy even the most particular needs of the client.
July 18, 2018
Patrick C.
Digital Content Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2018

“Complete seamless office productivity and collaboration. ”

OverallEase of use between desktop web browser and android.
ProsG Suite provides an excellent office productivity and collaboration platform for small offices to large organizations. End users will certainly enjoy all of the familiar Google apps they are accustomed to using in their personal lives and system admins will enjoy the advanced configuration and user settings. Three of the best features of G Suite are its seamless workflow, unlimited storage (Business & Enterprise editions only), and its marketplace of available apps/integrations. G Suite makes it easy to work between apps and keep your work saved. Multiple users can work the the same document and previous versions can be restored should something go wrong. Business and Enterprise subscriptions enjoy the benefit of unlimited storage which is a necessity in today's data hungry world, plus, you won't have to suffer from storage anxiety by trying to figure out what to back up locally and what to save in the cloud. Lastly, G Suite has a great marketplace of apps (free and paid) that provide excellent integration with other apps such as Smartsheets, Trello, and many many more making G Suite an even more powerful business tool.
ConsPotential cons of G Suite when compared to other office productivity software such as Office 365 include lack of robust tools/features within apps, the existence of too many similar collaboration apps (meet, chat, hangouts) and the standard gmail viewing pane. While the basic office productivity apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides) probably offer more functionality than 95% of users will need, power users will find a sort of disappointment in the tool/property selections and workflow roadblocks. For example, if you want to insert a basic shape in your doc, drag and size directly in the doc is not possible. Instead you must draw out the shape on a drawing canvas before it can be inserted. Manipulating the properties of that shape afterward also is challenging. The second con of G Suite is the presence of many seemingly similar collaboration apps. There is Meet, Chat, and Hangouts. While they do have differences, they all seem to incorporate elements of video conferencing, screen sharing, document sharing, and quick chat. It would be much simpler for end users to just have one unified communications app. Lastly, a con of G Suite is that the mail app defaults to the standard view of listing emails without a preview. Luckily this can be easily fixed in the settings to incorporation a top or bottom preview pane. You can also use a Labs feature to get that "oh so Outlook" feel of a side preview pane.
June 25, 2018
June 22, 2018

“I like it, I guess? G-suite is microwaved leftovers; mostly good but very unevenly cooked.”

OverallIt's the tapioca pudding of enterprise email and scheduling software. I'll buy it because it's on sale and I'll feed it to a friend if they're starving but nobody's walking away totally happy.
ProsMy team can access ALL the bare minimum requirements, including: Sending emails! Storing files! Having a calendar with the aesthetic of a 60s soviet bloc housing complex! And even more! Yes literally everything that I ask G Suite to do, so long as its within its core competencies, it manages to not mess up.
ConsExcept YouTube, which deleted our company page once. And then demonetized it when we replaced it (our commercials about wheelchair equipment were clearly very risque). And then of course there's the admin interface, which is just pants-on-head ridiculous. It takes so many clicks to get to the most minor of things, and then it won't be QUITE the minor thing that you wanted to click, and God forbid that minor thing was about modifying employee phone permissions for Android or something like that because then that thing is bricked. Google sometimes really awes me with how inconsistent they can be even with their flagship products. I've used G Suite for years now for my business and like I said above: You know what, it's competent. It does this basic little set of stuff really well, and it's really cheap to boot (subsidized of course by scraping our data, I assume). But please Google, step up a few things because three stars is only two stars up from Comcast and I don't want to feel like I have no alternative choice in yet another facet of my business infrastructure. At least if you keep acting bored with your own products then I can keep being bored with them too and not complain too much.
June 22, 2018
Luke M.
Entrpenuer
Wholesale, Self-employed
June 14, 2018

“Getting the most from Gsuite”

ProsContinuous improvements, value added services. Add-ons, Integrations, customizability, scalability, training resources are but a few of the 100's of apps available to G suite users. The more recent Desktop Cloud sync also allows you to treat your google drive folder as any other on your computer. The list goes on and on for the pros. One thing I can say is that if your a small business in need of answers to everything online there will be a tool for you in Gsuite. If you don't know how to code javascript I highly recommend finding some one who does and begin looking at things to automate as all of the GSuite family of products are quite easily added to custom functions using Google internal Javascript Library called Apps Script. Think of everything you do on a computer from a perspective of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) when it comes to entering and using your companies data. New customer? add the contact details to Google Sheet and the set up a custom menu which automates any potential work flows for that data. ( like generating shipping labels for samples you want to send )
ConsConnecting with the right product for your particular need can be seem un-intuitive simply because they have so many potential solutions and different angle from which they may be approached it So adopt an attitude of exploration and take some time to see which resources may or man not be helpfull. Don't be afraid to explore the Developer areas for each app and read a few examples as it will undoubtedly impart new ideas and that will open another idea and so on and so on.
Mark B.
Proposal Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2018

“Great suite of apps for creatives and any company looking to create documents collaboratively”

ProsgMail is a great lightweight e-mail app, that goes without saying. As a content writer, I also love the ability to share Docs, Sheets, and Slides with customers, and have the ability to work on them at the same time through the Chrome browser. I use Google Drive extensively, and the storage space they offer for my subscription price is great value. So much so that I don't even know how much I have, because I never worry about running out of storage. I've only had to connect with the G Suite support team a couple of times, and they were quite knowledgeable and efficient as far as follow up. The G Suite Marketplace is also great, offering several free add-ons or affordable plug-ins to apps for CRM, word counters, WordPress, and other productivity apps. I've used G Suite and Office 365 simultaneously, and both suites offer great value for desktop or browser-based productivity. I will be continuing to use G Suite for the foreseeable future. I would recommend other small businesses, creatives or even large businesses do so that prefer browser-based applications on Chrome, Firefox or other popular browsers. If your companies run multiple iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux devices, it seems the ideal solution for communication, document creation, and file management.
ConsAs a writer, I use Grammarly quite a bit. Unfortunately, G Suite and Grammarly aren't currently compatible. Apparently, that is in the Grammarly roadmap, but it's uncertain when it will be available. I can't really think of any other cons, other than Google Sites is a little clunky, but since I'm not really a web designer and I use WordPress, I don't really worry about it. It would be great to have the option to host a WordPress site instead of using the Google Sites "CMS" I suppose.
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018

“G Suite is the tool we swear by the most. Great for all business sizes.”

ProsG Suite allows us to manage our business communication centrally and also collaborate on documents and projects internally in real time. The best features include 1) Easy integration across the G Suite makes it easy to work on documents, send emails and collaborate (a huge thing for a company like ours). G Suite works with many existing file formats making it easy for us to quickly add documents and files to our drives and emails. 2) Gmail for business is king - The use of threaded emails in Gmail accounts is great (especially with the new Gmail interface), also being able to share files via Google drive and insert edited documents on the file from Google Drive. 3) Google Docs and Sheets allow us to collaborate in our different departments and provide us with real time edits, so we can see who is editing what and when it was edited. The real time collaboration helps especially as our teams usually work remotely. Without sounding like a fan boy, G Suite really competes with the best of the best business communication solutions out there and is great for collaboration and communication.
ConsAlthough we are impressed with G Suite as a whole, it is not without its flaws: 1) G Suite always logs you out of your main account even when you tell it to remember your device. This is really annoying even if it is a security feature. 2) Also documents are not always organized properly, when you add a document more than once to your Drive, it will show up there the same number of times. (A duplicate remove feature would be very helpful for this). Also add ons in the G suite app area, do not always work as proposed. Why does one need a plug in for word count? 3) Hangouts is a confusing feature to use. Hangout chat is supposed to be better but we have ended up using our existing third party group communication tool. 4) Mobile Apps do not always sync in real time - When syncing between mobile apps and the web apps, at times, documents do not show up as they were created. For example, we have a large spreadsheet that is constantly updated and G suite mobile apps may crash or take more than a minute to load even on flagship phones because of the constant updates to the file.
May 14, 2018
Scott M.
Technology Director
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 11, 2018

“G Suite has transformed the way we operate dad to day. I cannot thank Google enough for Gsuite!”

OverallThis software has given us the abitility to move into the future with the way we operate and think.
ProsG Suite has made managing our daily presence on the web fun! The G Suite Admin Console is one of the easiest to use administrative tools that I have ever used. All the resources are right there at your fingertips. Navigating around is easy and make any user feel like a pro almost instantly. Very simple controls all the way down to as granular as you want it to be.
ConsIf there was one thing that I would like to see is more visibility into the devices that we own and manage from within the console. For example, with Chromebooks, we own the Chromebook and purchase a License for use with the G Suite Console. With that said we still are not allowed to have the console report IP address information back to us. The console has the fields listed, but the information is not provided. Google says this is a privacy concern. I feel like that is not a valid concern. If someone is using a Chromebook we own and pay for, and have accepted our TOS agreement, we are entitled to monitor as needed. If a device goes missing, I cannot even go into the console and see if online, or if it is, what IP address it has. This information is critical to determining if it is still in our buildings, or if it is being used outside our organization. Apple has this feature in all their MDM solutions. Whenever an iPad get lost or stolen, at least we can track it and attempt to recover it, or know where to look for it. Google, get with the times on this, you are the only ones not doing it!
May 11, 2018
John R.
IT Manager
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2018

“G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.”

OverallIt centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool. Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile. Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.
ProsG Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail. The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden. GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users. Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.
ConsAs Google have expanded G Suite to include many more tools, some services seem to fall behind. The todo / tasks tool feels like it was put together decades ago and hasn't seen any improvements. Also, there is a learning curve. The language in GMail and Drive is different from standard mail clients and computer desktops. People need to be trained to use something that is, in principal, something that is almost the same but not quite. Some newer features of G Suite are also paywalled. There are now three tiers of pricing for G Suite - you should check over all of the products and see which one meets your needs and if it's enough for you. Google Meet, for example, is the new version of Hangouts. I'd hoped to use this to replace Go To Meeting but some basic features are only available in the Enterprise version, making the cost exceed the product I hoped to replace. Finally, you may be looking at Office 365 as a competitor. It's worth noting that Office 365 includes the desktop versions of Office. If this is something you need, the web-only versions of Google's tools may not be enough for you.
April 5, 2018
March 16, 2018

“Would never use another service just for the company email alone.”

OverallGStuie, and Google in general, gives the answer to so many questions and provides so much for such a great price, it is ridiculous to conceive of using anything else.
ProsThere are so many things that GSuite can do that it would be impossible to list all of the pros. I'm going to just focus on email for this review to try to simplify things. The greatest thing about GSuite for your company email is that if you have a parent company, with multiple smaller companies underneath it, you don't have to pay to have email service for every single domain! Each domain can be set up as a subdomain of the parent company and then every user can receive email at theirname@eachdomain.com in the same mailbox! Additionally, you can create a "group" like "support" and it will then work for the main domain and each subdomain in the same group section! You can have them all go into a group messaging system where any of your users can respond, or you can use routing to send them to a ticketing system! Easy Peasy! That's just one part of one product, out of MANY, Amazing!
ConsIt almost always has the ability to perform the function that you need, the only problem is that sometimes finding that information can be a little difficult, specifically finding the correct wording to search for if you're not familiar with the lingo for a particular feature. Additionally, Google support can sometimes be a chore to contact, but once you do get a hold of them, I must say they are exceptional overall! Also, they don't allow API Keys for subdomains, so linking some services like email or maps with other programs to do automated stuff on your behalf for a specific subdomain can at times be challenging.
March 16, 2018
51-200 employees
March 9, 2018

“Perfect for the non-intensive user”

OverallMain benefit was bringing a lot of offline data and applications online, allowing co-operative working.
ProsWhen we got the internal note announcing that our company had signed up for Google Suite and we would be migrating to it and its tools, I was genuinely content. All controversy about Google aside, in my private life I had already been using Google's tools for ages because of it's ease of use, cleverness and wide scope in products. I definitely saw the benefit in using the same toolset (and some extra only available in Google Suite / Google For Business) in my professional life. It's pretty mind-blowing how diverse the Google Suite environment is. The types of applications, supported devices ... it can do A LOT, and it usually does it decently. This implies that for average users, after migrating everything to Google Suite, they probably won't need many other web-apps or locally installed software to do their work. As Google is so widespread in day-to-day life, most of them will also adapt very easily to the interface of the applications.
ConsWhile Google Suite does a lot of things very well, other applications do few things, but they do it better. For power-users like myself and my colleagues in a technical department, Google Suite is simply often insufficient. That certain feature which you rely on heavily does not seem to exist in the appropriate app in Google Suite. After searching around on the internet, you usually find lots of similar complaints and open questions and feature requests from other users, many times going years back in history but without conclusive solution. Yes, many of the missing features and tidbits could be overcome with custom scripts. But why fiddle around with that if you know for a fact that other software which you used to use does it out of the box? Eventually the goal of having everything in one single ecosystem is not really met because the userbase is back to using their other web-apps and software, in order to overcome the missing bits and hurdles. You end up in a situation where "most" of it is stored and done in Google, but not all.
March 9, 2018
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
May 1, 2017

“Best Cloud Eco-System Available”

ProsUnless you're an Apple user (which, as a recovering Apple fan, puts a lot of roadblocks in the way of your computing experience), you have two choices for an integrated cloud suite - Google or Microsoft. While the latter caters to larger businesses, and has a comprehensive if dizzying collection of tools available, my experience on that platform was terrible from a small business owner's perspective. My brief experience with Office 365 convinced me to return to G-Suite (formerly Google Apps), which I recommend wholeheartedly. It is an easy, very fast, totally extensible system with good (not always the clearest) support. And everyone plugs into it. Gmail vs. Outlook: I was an Outlook holdout for many years, but then realized that a little bit of training and time acclimated me to Gmail's interface. I continue to use Office programs, but occasionally use the Google Docs, Sheets etc. - which are handy for collaboration. I started using Google Apps in 2011 as a sync backup solution when I lost data in a HD crash. Since then, I put all my docs into the G-Drive folder on my laptop, and have never lost a document since. I upgraded to 1 TB of storage, so absolutely everything is in the cloud, and syncs to my system.
ConsAs mentioned above, their support and documentation can be a bit opaque, but they are available on the phone if you really need to talk to someone. Microsoft's cloud initiative has been good because it has forced Google to be more responsive to customers. Otherwise, I have no complaints. One piece of advice: make sure to use the two-step authentication on all of your Google accounts (-Gsuite, Play, Wallet etc.) to avoid getting hacked. Google won't hesitate to blame you and charge you for anything on your account, even if you can prove that it wasn't your charge.
May 1, 2017
Darryl Z.
Senior System Manager
Education Management, Unspecified
April 24, 2017

“G Suite Great for Public Education Market”

OverallI have been using G Suite for Education for over 6 years, at two different school districts. Google has made huge strides for both in the classroom, for common user use, and overall IT Administration from the the backend. There are Pros and Cons in both G Suite and Office 365, if you are looking for a comparison. I personally feel they both have their own spaces where they excel. For what all you get with G Suite for Education, it's hard to pass up and not implement at some capacity.
ProsA complete cloud-based solution, that's not dependant on thick-client software installs to operate. Easy collaboration for the G Suite users, a crossed all their G Suite Apps. For Education, it's free. So you are able to take full advantage of the entire G Suite Package at no additional cost to the district. The IT Administration on the backend is very easy to manage, in comparison to other cloud-based solutions. Great training materials online. Which includes the ability to spin up a 30-day test domain to practice with if you feel the need. I did this when I completed by Google Admin certificate.
ConsSince G Suite requires an internet connection to operate, you have that inherent dependency on a reliable internet feed, with adequate bandwidth. Since the solution is completely cloud based, some of their Apps are not as feature reach as their counterparts. Such as Microsoft's Office suite. The support has been both a pro and a con for me in the past. I have had great success stories with their Support team, but I have had downright horrible experiences as well. So, like many solution support offerings, it all depends on who you get and what the situation is. Security has to be brought up and considered anytime your looking at a cloud solution to host your data. In this particular case, I found their security and forensic tools lacking in comparison to Office 365. However, there are 3rd party solutions available that can plug into your Google environment and provide you a high level of visibility and security.
Recommendations to other buyersYes, just do your homework on what are all your company/district's needs and concerns are first. It's a great solution for what it offers. However, I would suggest performing an assessment of multiple solutions first, and see how they stack up to your needs.
April 24, 2017
David K.
Vice President - Administration
Wholesale, 51-200 employees
June 26, 2019

“Excellent Suite Of Integrated Software”

OverallG Suite has helped us work together more productively as a company.
ProsG Suite is an excellent cloud based alternative to on premise software. G Suite is very affordably priced(based on the number of your users) and includes superior collaboration and sharing tools for all communication functions needed by every office including G Mail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Drive, and Google Hangouts. G Suite is cloud based software easily accesssed on any browser so it's available 24/7(and it's particularly convenient for employees who work remotely or who travel for business.) Collaboration and communication is the key benefit to G Suite by being able for employees to seemlessly work together on documents and projects in real time. Storage of documents and files is very easy and expandable using G Suite too. Installation was effortless and practically no training was needed to start using G Suite.
ConsSecurity and Privacy may be a concern to some companies since G Suite is cloud based software located on Google's servers. So be aware that you are entirely leaving security of your data in the hands of Google.
June 26, 2019
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“G Suite is my go-to for group-work in any setting”

OverallMy overall experience with G Suite is excellent. Meeting up with a new group for school, work, or recreation, and being able to seamlessly throw together a collab-document is awesome. The G Suite is always my go to with group work and collaboration.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is how easy it is to use. Everything is intuitive and there is no learning curve, which, in a world where immediate gratification is king, is very important. In addition, auto-save feature in google drive is certainly a stress-reducer, no concerns about lost data as long as your internet connection is stable. Also, I like that google drive is free up to a certain GB storage level. Only if you are sharing big data do you need to actually pay for the service. I only use the word processors and presentation software, and I am nowhere near my limit on my free account. Another thing I like about the g-suite, is the beauty of gmail. Everything is quick, clean, efficient, and easy to use. I find it to be quicker than the other email services I use. Having a gmail account also offers easy login to lots of various websites, instead of creating a username and password, you can just log-in through your google account, I love it.
ConsTo be honest it's difficult to think of cons for the G suite, but when dealing with software like this there is always the issue of compatibility. It would be unfair to say this is a problem isolated to the g-suite, it is more the nature of data-sharing over different platforms and OS's.
September 25, 2018
Stefany D.
Co-Founder
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2017

“Day One User - Never leaving.”

OverallThe price for the value cannot be measured. It's fast, easy and organized. Users have little or no learning curve to get up and running. Any size business can benefit but I feel for small to medium companies it's essential.
ProsHard to know where to begin with a product that encompass your entire business. The price is absolutely spot on for the amount of functionality you get. As an administrator, I can add new users in 5 minutes or less. My domains are part of the system so making system wide changes are a snap. Any small to medium business will benefit from being on the google platform.Docs, Drive, Sheets and Apps work seamlessly together to give you an organized organization. I am able to control the apps, including phone apps, used by my users. I can add and enforce the use of company wide third party apps. I am able to control the look of the email sent by my users. Especially signature lines. The GSuite Marketplace is huge! Third party developers have addressed almost every issue dealt with in running a small to medium business to give you a look and feel of an enterprise sized company. Ease of use, the familiarity of Gmail and a full suite of collaboration application that can be used on any device. It's the ultimate suite of products to be up and running in a matter of hours. Two tops.
ConsThe Sheets and Docs sometimes have issues translating Microsoft documents and PDFs can be a pain at times. You need to find the right third party app in the market place to correct these issues.
October 19, 2017
Dave W.
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“Easy, Valuable, Collaborative Suite of Tools”

OverallI communicate daily via Gmail. I keep many documents in Google Drive for documentation purposes, checklists, budgeting spreadsheets, and have created many presentations using Slides (that I present at local conferences and smaller meetups).
ProsG Suite is the gold standard for online communication & collaboration. Gmail is the industry-standard in reliable, fast & convenient email messaging (albeit there are privacy concerns about how Google uses your data). Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) is so easy to use, provides all the features you need (templates for Docs, formulas & styling for Sheets, animations for Slides, and so much more). And collaboration and sharing is a breeze.
ConsThere are some privacy concerns with how Google scans & uses your data. If privacy is of the utmost important to you, you have reason to hesitate before choosing G Suite. Do some research on exactly how they collect & use the data that you store on their servers. But aside from privacy concerns, I would recommend it wholeheartedly.
Jason B.
Vice President of Analytics
Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees
April 24, 2019

“If you're trying to scale a small business, you can't do better than G Suite”

OverallGone are the days of saving everything to your C drive and emailing documents around. The G Suite provides a range of functionality that often costs thousands of dollars a year (if you're using Adobe or Microsoft products or even just leveraging a server). While each individual product in the G Suite isn't the best, overall the integration across products and the sheer breadth of what you're able to do makes the G Suite a must-have tool for any individual or small business.
ProsAs someone always conscious of costs, I put a huge premium on "free". The fact that you can leverage Google's entire suite (Calendar, Gmail, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) for $0 makes it a must-have tool for every professional regardless of industry or job title. The integration across products makes using the G Suite incredibly intuitive to use and no other suite of free products matches this level of quality.
ConsWhile Google hasn't had any major data breaches, the possibility of having sensitive information leaked always exists. This isn't an issue that lies solely with the G Suite but it is still something to consider. Not all products in the G Suite are home runs. Google+ was shut down in April 2019 for a reason and Hangouts is now nothing more than a glorified conference line. If you're a specialist that needs advanced spreadsheet capabilities or more creative freedom, there are specific paid products that will suit your needs much better. If you're a large corporation with money to spare, Microsoft and Adobe products will provide higher quality results.
April 24, 2019