Email Security.cloud Ratings

Overall
4.2/5

About Email Security.cloud

Threat and anti-spam protection system intended to defend your email from phishing, ransomware, and business email compromise. Learn more about Email Security.cloud

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
September 25, 2018

“A powerful antivirus product...”

OverallGREAT !! A true value for money product. Must buy.
ProsI have been using Symantec for over 2 years now and i am quite happy with the overall experience as it has always been a mid layer between me and my online activities with respect to the online banking, personal data protection, user firewall. The threat control feature is one of its kind, and it really very helpful as it automatically filters the malware, viruses and other online threats which could be harmful to any of the devices, as PS's, Laptops, Mobiles or tablets. They have come up with the state of the art features such as threat cloud, Sonar, which is also a unique feature which determines suspicious activities and prevents them too. Application lock is also an added feature. But please make sure that your purchasing the licensed copy and keep on updating it online.
ConsAs long as a end user concern, i dont think that there are any loop holes or any drawbacks in this product at it knows it's role very well and stands on the responsibilities so that we can surf, transit and do all of our online activities without worries.
September 25, 2018
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
October 7, 2019

“Good security program for at home and at work”

OverallI will always use this program on my work and personal computers. Email is a huge must for me, as I am in the higher education field, so knowing that I can download messages and the program will catch potential threats is good peace of mind. (As a sidenote, I get around 100-200 emails daily)
ProsThis is a steel-trap type security program; it does not let anything through that could be potentially harmful. I have it set up on my work desktop and my home laptop, and I have been using it for over 5 years. I have it set up to start automatically each time I log in, and it does not take up too much RAM to do so, and runs without issue in the background. I also have it set to send me weekly updates/alerts, which is useful so I can keep an eye on things my computer comes in contact with.
ConsIt is a little pricey, but when you compare the overall cost of losing valuable data and work/time/effort to a computer virus, it becomes moot.
October 7, 2019
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
October 18, 2018

“High End Email Security”

OverallHelpful customer support!
ProsWith Email Security.cloud, you can be sure that every email is protected. The possibility to determine fraud emails is a great feature of Email Security. Unwanted emails are then placed in Quarantine where you can sort out data, remove or repair them. It also has an anti-virus and anti-spam feature, which is a great addition if losing your emails is a worry for you. I have personally used this for years. It is an "install and go" type of program which means it does its job after you install it and can be left in the background to run.
ConsIt has misdiagnosed a few emails into Quarantine. This happened once or twice.
October 18, 2018
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
August 13, 2018

“Advanced email threat protection for my work and personal email”

OverallOverall, I am pleased with this software and would recommend it.
ProsI use Microsoft Outlook for my work email and Google for all personal emails (including my small business). I appreciate that this software works for both, so I don't need to utilize multiple virus threat protection services. I've had multiple breaches with respect to my personal information being compromised, so I am hyper sensitive when it comes to email protection. I appreciate the "real-time" protection feature of this software in that, as one of their briefs states, the software "analyzes links before an email is delivered and again at time of click." There are multiple instances in which I've received emails that the software identified as potentially risky that, if I didn't use the software, I probably would have opened (for example, emails with seemingly innocuous subject lines).
ConsThere have been multiple instances--not many, but some--where the software has identified emails that are definitely not risky (e.g. I received a confirmation email after placing an order on a website that I know gets a lot of traffic, like a major department store). I am curious as to why the software identifies these specific emails as risky.
August 13, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 25, 2018

“We use Symantec to protect our email server from junk mail and mail threats. ”

OverallWhile running in the background of our computers, Symantic provides email security for our organization. In turn, our employees receive peace of mind that each email received is not spam.
ProsWe enjoy the fact that this software runs in the background and is not constantly popping up with threats. When issues do arise, the software automatically assists in providing solutions. Additionally, when updates come out they are quick to install.
ConsWe least enjoy the fact that this software does not update as often. Not that it doesn't properly do the job, but it makes us wonder why there is not more updates.
July 25, 2018
Tracey M.
Digital Media Consultant
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2018

“Kept me up to date but for our use a little expensive”

OverallEase of use and nothing to continually maintain myself - it all worked in the background for the most part so that does what we pay software to do - save time and therefore money.
ProsIt kept me up to date with the latest threats I needed to be aware of and to protect against. It has a easy to love GUI that is intuitive and lets me navigate where I want to with ease.
ConsIt can be a little slow in processing scans but hopefully that is because it is doing an absolutely thorough job and protecting our systems from threats and vulnerabilities.
January 17, 2018
Roberth C.
Senior Engineer Network and System
51-200 employees
December 9, 2017

“Good protection against threats ”

OverallMalware and virus are reduced on our Corporate network to minimum events, may I can see we are protected as expected.
ProsNice web interface console. Policy and rules changes applies intermediately. Excellent heuristic scan on real time. Virus signature keep constantly updated.
ConsFirewall capabilities works but are simple to define specific rules for programs. Update process of client version on each machine would be better if not require uninstall of previous, it would be more simple.
December 9, 2017
Greggor H.
Benefits Consultant
Insurance, 11-50 employees
June 14, 2019

“Corporate Security”

ProsAt my prior employer we handled thousands of companies' personal health information on their employees. This type of data is highly sought after by hackers, so we had to make sure we were always hyper aware of digital security. We chose Symantec as the best protection for our clients' data.
ConsAt times there would be issues with VPN connections over hot spots or public WiFi. A minor, but common occurrence.
June 14, 2019
Julius C.
Sales Manager
May 18, 2018

“Simple, install, and let it do it's job”

OverallA cleaner system and useless mail that I don't have to waste my time sifting through.
ProsIt really limits the amount of junk that get on your computers. Between email links and cookies, I used to wonder why my computer keeps slowing down. When I run the cleaner it speeds up but with Symantec it filters a lot of the junk.
ConsI try to keep programs that require a lot of memory off my systems unless they are very important. This one is important.
May 18, 2018
Lisandra F.
Analista
February 24, 2018

“This software is extremely easy to install on any device and use.”

OverallIt is an excellent filter to avoid any virus threat that you may encounter while browsing the internet.
ProsWhat I liked most, is that it is an essential software, it is very necessary to have it on any device. Its platform is extensive and efficient, not only that, it has a catalog for which there is a program for every need. It does not matter if you are a housewife or a CEO, in any case this software is very useful.
February 24, 2018
Aubrey U.
Director -Client Advocate
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 7, 2017

“I use symantec for Business and for Home”

Overallease of use. No hardware or software to maintain everything is just a click away
ProsSymantec is known for its Great protection and stands behind its products. I like that this is a cloud based solution so I didnt have any disc to load or download. Its scalible and will grow as your company grows. I have no hardware to maintain
ConsIts a little pricey. But they say you get what You pay for so? Its a little more expensive then the others but worth it.
November 7, 2017
Dany H.
Pastor
April 22, 2018

“Good product to keep your email safe.”

ProsIt's pretty easy to set up with multiple levels of filtering available to you. If google is not your thing then you probably need to look into Symantec.
ConsThe reality is that no product is perfect and will never catch everything. There are times when some emails that seem pretty obvious needed to be filtered end up slipping through. Then again that will happen with just about any software.
April 22, 2018
June 11, 2018

“Excellent experience with Symantec for filtering the amount of trash that exist on the web.”

OverallA cleaner system and useless
ProsIt really limits the amount of malicious files and a lot of junk trying to get into the computers. Between email links and cookies, it's great that you automatically delete cookies that make your computer very slow. It is very useful the tool of the cleaner because it allows your computer to go faster, thanks to Symantec for taking charge of filtering that amount of garbage that exist on the web.
ConsUsually very little I use programs that require a high consumption of memory on my computer, for being one of the best anti virus program that I have used in many years is that I keep Symantec on my computer, the space it uses in my computer repay the amount of trash that prevents them from staying on my computer. It is for them that within the high performance program this is very important both at home and in the office.
June 11, 2018
Katherine P.
Secretaria
March 22, 2018

“It's been a good experience, he did a great job of safety.”

OverallGreater security. It gave me the peace I was looking for.
ProsThis software as a recognized brand for its security, did a great job of filtering spam, and I had no problem with it. The user interface is also easy to use and easy to find, what I am looking for.
ConsThis software was a bit difficult to configure, and after the free trial it becomes a bit expensive to buy it. Although it works very well, the only disadvantage is that you can use some functions to use a bit of updating, but it is not enough to dissuade me from using it.
March 22, 2018
Stuart A.
Financial Adviser
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2019

“Protect your inbox with this great software”

ProsWorks seamlessly behind the scenes snd identifies and alerts any threats it identifies from incoming emails. Allows you to review these and release or destroy as required.
ConsWorks really well. It works without interrupting or slowing down email access, which has been an issue with other email scanners i have used in the past.
August 15, 2019
Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees
June 21, 2019

“Perfect Security for emails ”

ProsAs apart of the largest engineering organization on my college campus, we use this software as security precaution for our emails. Since we handle big transactions between our school administration and students, we needed a service to protect our transactions and weed out fraudulent emails. The biggest pro about this software is that it runs in the background and the UI is simple to use. So far, we have not received any phishing or email attacks since we've purchased this.
ConsThere are no cons about this service apart from paying for it. It works as advertised and we have no regrets for choosing Symantec.
June 21, 2019
Jennifer F.
Chief Deputy Clerk
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
May 30, 2019

“Excellent Software”

ProsI like that our office never has to worry about the security of our emails! Email Security.cloud is installed on all of our computers and we have never experienced a problem. Excellent product for home or office!
ConsThis software is a little expensive but for the security it provides, it's worth every penny!
May 30, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2018

“Symantec Email Security is great!”

ProsThis software has really helped cut down on the SPAM emails I have been receiving and helped to alleviate concerns about physhing emails as well.
ConsThe Symantec Email Security software is not one of the least expensive services on the market but I am a firm believer in your get what you paid for.
August 22, 2018
Lauren W.
Geriatric Care Manager Certified
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
July 4, 2018

“My IT person put this on my computer and I never have to take care of it. It just works for me!”

OverallIt keep my computer fresh and clean!
ProsThe fact that I never have to tend to anythng as it is always working in the background taking good care of my computer.
ConsThere is nothing I can say that is negative about the software since my IT person installed it and it runs on its own. No worries for me!
July 4, 2018
Blake S.
April 9, 2018

“Can't go wrong with this program, protection and security is a must these days. ”

ProsOur company was hacked a few months ago and we had to encrypt every password and inform every client that our security was breached. Needless to say this is not a fun experience, our hack sent out an email to our complete client list and let's just say, the phone calls we're not fun. Encrypting email with a program like this is a must for every business!
ConsWhat are the downsides to protecting yourself from malicious people hacking your information? I'd have to say there are no downsides, even if this program doesn't perform to your liking, it's only helping you and your business in the long run.
April 9, 2018
March 20, 2018

“Effective and Easy Email Security”

ProsSpam filtering is very effective, malware remediation has also been effective, responsive customer service when we have questions/issues arise.
ConsThe search function seems a bit limited and/or glitchy when we've tried to use it. When it is workign for us it is pretty slow in pulling up the search results.
March 20, 2018
Thais S.
Corporate Financial Analyst
Banking, 10,001+ employees
June 7, 2019

“A great security tool for corporate emails.”

OverallA great security tool for corporate emails, it truly meets what it promises by intercepting and alerting you to the majority of the spam and pishings we are accustomed to receiving.
ProsThe filter and control settings are easily customizable.
ConsSometimes emails that are not a threat are quarantined.
June 7, 2019
Betty L.
entrepreneur
Individual & Family Services, Self-employed
March 5, 2019

“GREAT E MAIL SECURITY!!!”

OverallIT TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF WHETHER YOU SHOULD OPEN AN E MAIL OR NOT. IT PUTS THE ONES IN YOUR JUNK FOLDER FOR YOU TO DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO CHANCE OPENING THEM OR NOT.
ProsTHIS PRODUCT FILTERS YOUR E MAILS AND PUTS THEM WHERE THEY NEED TO BE
ConsNOTHING I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
March 5, 2019
Caren J.
Principal Attorney/Founder
Government Administration, 5001-10,000 employees
December 12, 2018

“Symantec allows me to minimize worry”

ProsOnce installed, I don't think too much about it - until I get a pop-up or email that triggers the software to warn me about potentially unsafe emails or websites
ConsNothing much - I've been using this software for about 3 years and have no complaints.
December 12, 2018
anne s.
OR Director
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“SPAM STOPPER”

OverallIt stops viruses from coming into our business
ProsOnce you download this product , it is very easy to use. it automatically checks emails and programs you may be required to use.
Conssometimes its a bother when you have to tell it to allow certain things several times.
Manny P.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
November 13, 2018

“Easy to use and targest phishing emails”

OverallIt's a great software, just needs more improvement and security for administrators and users.
ProsYou can sleep better at night knowing that you purchased this product and it's securing your emails. Keeps user's away from opening emails that should have gone to spam. Helps to limit chances of user's getting infected emails.
ConsSoftware can be slow at times and if you are familar with the product some user's can mess with the security features.
November 13, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“"Great product to protect your email accounts"”

ProsThe fact that I didn't even need to download the product was great, but I never have to do anything, its always working.
ConsIs this a con? there aren't a lot of updates, so I'm sometimes wondering if its working.then I'm reminded that its all good, no worries for me - YEA!!
October 9, 2018
Jason Z.
Applications Admin
June 14, 2018

“Amazing filter, catches so much spam!!”

ProsIt is easy for the end user to move to spam and catches 99.9% of their SPAM for them. THE ability for them to release something caught is great also.
ConsI did think it is odd that you have to create the email in the filter also, perhaps AD integrations or LDAP would be really nice
June 14, 2018
Tim P.
IT Technician
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
April 7, 2019

“Keeps unwanted emails out of my inbox!”

ProsSince we implemented this software, I've had virtually all of my spam emails quarantined! Easy to use and helps keep inboxes clutter free!
ConsRarely I will have a false positive email caught and quarantined, but it's easy to release.
April 7, 2019
Devon F.
IT Technician
Construction, 51-200 employees
October 14, 2018

“IT engineer review”

Overallgreat security application,huge fan of the Symantec Brand
Prosone of the best products out there. very strict on detection of malicous signatures
ConsStrict console needs to allow an easier way to allow specifed files through without first chopping it for the user
October 14, 2018
Rickell M.
Database Admin
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1000 employees
April 19, 2018

“I am very well satisfied with the Symantec .Cloud service.”

OverallAdvanced scanning of email and threats beyond simple Antispam services.
ProsThe product was relatively simple to install and use. Configuration was also relatively intuitive and the UI is very good. Advanced scanning of email and threats beyond simple Antispam services
ConsThe vendor offered very limited support for "self service" implementations.Advanced filtering and scanning is not quite as good as several competitors.
April 19, 2018
51-200 employees
April 6, 2018

“Security and spam filter for your emails”

ProsEmail Security.cloud is a good email security software. It allows you to perform advanced scanning of email beyond simple Antispam services, and "execute" attachments in a sandbox to verify they aren't threats.
ConsThe latest updates of the app has made it run slower, or at least I'm feeling like that. Also search filters are somehow cumbersome, they are easier to manage in competitor softwares
April 6, 2018
Vince B.
March 14, 2018

“Tired of spam in your inbox? This is the product for you!”

ProsYour email will be scanned for viruses, spam and more. There is no more worry of being attacked by spammers and virus threats! Great product.
ConsAt times email lags behind a bit as it is being scanned, but the wait is worth not being attacked by viruses!
March 14, 2018
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
October 11, 2018

“Say Goodbye to Spam With This Software”

Pros Nobody likes spam and most of all when they bring viruses that can havoc your computer. Since we receive emails day in and day out, it's essential to acquire an anti-spam software. While searching online, I was able to find Email Security.cloud and was quite relieved with their features. This software can immediately detect fraud or phishing emails and is always accurate. It gives you the option of blocking these spammers so they never have to contact you again. I once received an email that looked to be legit, but Email Security.cloud was fast to warn me that it looked suspicious. After further investigations, the program proved to be right.
ConsThe configuration of this software was quite complicated in the beginning, but it worked well after that. Haven't encountered anymore issues as to date and hope it will continue to be smooth.
October 11, 2018
Jennifer S.
Reservations
May 23, 2018

“Great for businesses”

ProsVery well hidden hardly know it's running in the background. Has kept my PC safe for the past 5 years without fail
ConsPop ups on some sites that do not need to be approved more than once. But other than that no complaints
May 23, 2018
Jason Z.
Applications Administrator
Banking, 201-500 employees
January 8, 2019

“Spam Filtering”

ProsIt does the job it needs to do and well. I haven't had any issues with it stopping SPAM.
ConsI wish it would connect to AD so I don't have to add each and every email
January 8, 2019
Jared G.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 29, 2018

“Works Well”

ProsThe software is easy to use and seems to take care of most SPAM and unwanted materials.
ConsI would like to see more notifications or reports on the numbers and types of SPAM being blocked.
November 29, 2018
Alexis W.
Freelance Graphic Designer
February 6, 2018

“Seems to do the trick”

ProsI received a free version of this software when I purchased my computer. So far I haven't had any attacks of spam that have gotten through. Being a freelance designer I get sent many files from many different computers and am asked to visit many sites. I feel its important to stay protected.
ConsOnce you move passed the free trial to get all of the good features it can get a bit costly; however, against the cost of having to repair an entire computer it's fairly negligible.
February 6, 2018
Jose manuel A.
Asesor financiero de seguros
March 23, 2018

“The best software for the effective and accurate protection of unwanted emails and phishing”

ProsUseful tool that provides protection against spam and phishing using antispam technology and that protects confidential data or information and protects against scams of Business Email Compromise
ConsI consider that the only thing that has against this software is that the protection package is somewhat expensive
March 23, 2018
Kelsey H.
Architectural Designer
March 15, 2018

“Works well, protects you from viruses, good customer service”

ProsPretty straightforward virus protection. Good customer service. Easy to install. Once it is installed, you basically forget it's there.
March 15, 2018
SANDRA P.
Corporate Systems Trainer
March 8, 2018

“Symantec worked well for us”

ProsWhat we liked most about using the Symantec security software, was how efficient it was in weeding out spam and not weeding out important communications.
Nicole B.
January 5, 2018

“This is what we use for our protection in the office”

ProsThis software just kind of stays hidden in the back ground and you don't think about it much. I forget we even have it until the check mark pops up
January 5, 2018
Scott J.
Clerk
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“standard review”

ProsAutomatically checks viruses when opening specific pages.
ConsI do not have anything specific that I did not like.
July 16, 2019
Richard B.
boss
Computer Networking, Self-employed
May 14, 2019

“Good”

ProsWhen I use this in the past it was one of the best i used
ConsThe price was a bit to high for me that way I did not keep using
May 14, 2019
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“It must work because I don't have any issues”

ProsI like that it works "in the background" - I don't have to open it, I don't have to tell it to do its job, it just does it. Our company had a ransomware issue before getting this product and not once sense.
ConsNo product is perfect, but I really don't have any complaints.
Jhon A C.
Asesor de cobranza telefónica
1001-5000 employees
March 16, 2018

“The solution to protect you against unknown users and viruses”

OverallSimple to use to protect you from threats while browsing the Internet. Tranquility on the information highway
ProsThe biggest advantage is that it is very easy to use protecting the data, your virus scanner email is efficient and protects against users not allowed and their emails spam, spyware and malware. The support is excellent, responding briefly to any problem that arises.
ConsIts great disadvantage is the price, but it is the opportunity cost of protecting the equipment worth it.
March 16, 2018
Gaspar G.
Planner Maintenace
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees
March 8, 2018

“ I'm having a lot of security in terms of viruses as well as unknown users on particular computers”

Overall A lot of security in my operating system
Pros Better efficient online protection email virus scanner works well and protection against users not allowed
ConsUpdating the user's windows key and key to this tool is a little late, although its maximum security is good it takes a lot of time to scan
Research, 51-200 employees
November 8, 2018

“Efficient Security for mails”

OverallThis is a cloud-based service that is suitable for both small and large companies. Besides, it does not need any additional software.
ProsThe application filters spam messages and also safeguards the user from attacks and malware. It is also capable of preventing data loss and helps the user to control sensitive data. Works well with other supporting software
ConsFeatures such as advanced filtering is not as effective as it ought to be.
November 8, 2018
Law Practice, 11-50 employees

“VERY RELIABLE !!”

OverallGREAT PRODUCT!
ProsIT is so easy to use!! I love how quickly it eliminates any threats and notifies me immediately if there is something on my computer that shouldn't be there!!
ConsSometimes it is annoying when it pop-up with warnings- or scans when you are right in the middle of something, but you can always pick a time to run the scan or eliminate the threat later!!
Music, Self-employed
August 28, 2018

“It has a very advanced security and its service is excellent.”

OverallBlocks all spam and makes me feel safe.
ProsIt is very easy to use, you can open any email and its attachments with the security of not having fraudulent links or attachments with viruses or malware. Help limit the chances that your financial and personal information can be stolen through the Web.
ConsSometimes it's a bit slow to scan emails and it's not so good for iOS.