DeskTime Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.4/5

About DeskTime

A fully automatic time tracking software that has proven to boost employee productivity by 30% within the first weeks of using it. See how you and your employees spend their time online and offline, track time by projects and automatically calculate their costs based on workers' hourly rates. Additionally, generate custom reports for in-house use or your customers, plan employee shifts, vacations and time off, calculate overtime pay, and store your team member's contact information in one place. Learn more about DeskTime

Barbara G.
Web Developer & SEO Specialist
January 11, 2017

“A Real Lifesaver”

OverallThere are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can also keep track of what I was working on by where I was on the Internet. And then there is the Project's feature. It is super simple to set up a new project, and as easy as choosing from a dropdown list when you need to switch from one project to another for individual job tracking. In the course of a day I rarely work on one thing and then the next and so on. It is more of a series of hopping from one job to another and back again and the ease of switching between projects makes that a non-issue. And because no person is perfect Desktime also has a Private Time feature. There is also the ability to keep up with how long meetings are or lunch even because Desktime tracks offline time. When your computer is idle for more than a few minutes Desktime stops counting time. When you come back, in the timeline there is a gap to which you can assign whatever may be appropriate. If it was a production meeting, click in the blank space and a pop-up comes up and you can tell it what you were doing, what project it was for, if applicable and even if the time was productive or not. I suppose depending on the meeting that could be subjective. And if you were out to lunch, leave it blank and no time is recorded so that at the end of the day you have an accurate record of how much "desktime" you have put in. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
ProsTime tracking without thinking.
ConsI really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.
Recommendations to other buyersYou guys use to allow for the nature of a website to be changes in daily/weekly/monthly views by clicking on it and changing whether it was productive, unproductive or neutral. It is a bit trickier now.
January 11, 2017
Hsiang L.
Production Manager
January 9, 2017

“I use Desktime everyday!”

OverallWe're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person. We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it. There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol. I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)
ProsSome features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.
ConsThe price and app stability I guess
Recommendations to other buyersCan you please offer unlimited users with a fixed monthly plan? Because this app is not really like super super super important for every company to consider, but if the price makes it easier for company to afford, specially to those new startups or companies, I think they will consider it.
Viktor G.
Co-founder, VP of Operations
Retail, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2017

“Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction”

OverallA great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether. Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights. All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.
Pros-Great reporting for activities -Administrative rights are defined correctly
Cons-Lacking significant alerts -Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day -Full-screen applications override private-time notifications
Ivan S.
Product Manager
Internet, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“Light and simple, does what it has to do.”

OverallThis software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.
ProsWe're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).
Cons"Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.
August 1, 2018
Janis G.
Marketing Director
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
January 19, 2017

“A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team”

OverallI use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects? I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone. This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.
ProsCross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment
ConsI'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“My time. Decoded”

OverallMostly positive.
ProsI love the insights into how my time is distributed across applications and websites. I definitely use it passively, but occasionally I check in to see how my time breaks down. I just let it run in the background and check the dashboards for fun. Once upon a time, I pitched it to the leadership at an organization where I worked, but it was early in the product's maturity so that didn't pan out. I'm a longtime fan and I'm pleased with how the feature set has evolved.
ConsI believe the pricing structure is misaligned with customer segments. This is more relevant to corporations than to individuals. It's a nice to have for me, but I can live without it if I must pay. This would fall into the category of something that should be extended to workers for free, but at a cost to organizations with two or more users. Extend more features to single license accounts.
Nic R.
Web designer
Self-employed

“Management of time ”

OverallI've been using desktime for years for the managament of time spent in front of a pc. It's possible to track any activity you perform on pc in terms of time spent. This is useful to categorize where your time is addressed over the weeks and months, and highlighting where some time is wasted in unproductive activities. Very nice the chance to create projects, where you can select particular activities. Also the time on the internet is tracked, making it possible to judge your web navigation in productive or unproductive.
Prosit make it simple and fun your time tracking both for job related or for spare time activities.
Cons-
Pete M.
Project Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Desktime Review”

OverallTime entry accuracy is 100% using desktime. Working for an MSP as an engineer makes for fast-paced days. It's hard to stay 100% up-to-date on time entry as a result. Having desktime to track your time and allow you to review screenshots of your day make it easy to go back and enter time for days that became too hectic to update tinesheets.
ProsDesktime really assists with ensuring time entries are accurate and detailed. The screenshot feature allows me to calture specifically what I was working on at any given time during days that are too busy to stop and enter time. The graph that shows what applications you were in, and active/idle time makes it easy to enter breaks for those days as well.
ConsI'd only request that the applications you are in show the title of the document you were working in on the graph.
Rune E.
Graphic designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed

“Almost there:)”

OverallI'm using DeskTime as a logger for my freelance work and refers to the data collected when sending invoices. The new addition of tasks are great and gives me a better organized workflow. One thing I'm missing is the ability to select one task and see the total amount of time spent on the task, regardless of what month or day. Just like a task-summary. For me the "projects" are customer and "task" are projects for that customer. Overall I'm very satisfied with DeskTime and wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if the program could be a little more tailored for freelance work.
ProsLooks great. Many good features
ConsNot tailored enough for freelance work
Recommendations to other buyersI want to see total time spent on individual tasks, regardless of month/day
Horatiu C.
Owner, producer
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
January 10, 2017

“Perfect solution for measuring project durations”

OverallI've been using Desktime for over a year and I'm very pleased with how everything worked out so far. After trying several project monitoring solutions I think it is safe to say that this is one of the best
ProsWell, I use this app mostly for project duration monitoring which works great. Also, the productivity and efficiency calculators are pretty amazing
ConsIt would be great to have some detailed reports on projects. For example, see a list of projects where you can select a project and see more details about it. I know there is something similar, but works only on maximum monthly.
Recommendations to other buyersAll time for projects I think would be useful for me.
Corey C.
Customer Support Lead
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 10, 2018

“Nice Software but Unfortunately Not Useful for My Particular Team”

OverallI really enjoyed DeskTime for personal use. Sadly, a few of our team members tested out the software and we found that it just wasn't what we were looking for as a company. To be clear, we did not end up choosing a competing software. Instead, we decided that it wasn't in the best interests of our team to constantly track minute-by-minute productivity.
ProsMy favorite feature was the productivity tracker. As part of my job, I'm constantly getting interrupted or distracted throughout the day. Using the productivity tracker allowed me to see what time during the day I was able to be most productive an allowed me to schedule important tasks during those times.
ConsThere were a few things that felt a little intrusive. I see the necessity for them in other companies, but for our own, we didn't like the idea of being able to take screenshots of our agents computer screens or track all of their web activity.
Kyle M.
Attorney
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
January 12, 2017

“Great Product”

OverallI am a defense attorney who bills my time for a living. Desktime is a great supplement to my billing software and works really well to fill any gaps. i'm hoping for some additional functionality in supplemental releases, such as the ability to comment on things that I'm doing live, but for the most part, this app is great!
ProsAbility to capture gaps in time
ConsI wish i could see a more detailed analysis, instead of total time on each program, I wish it would show: From 11:49am - 12:00pm you were on capterra website. From 12:00pm-1:30pm you had "Word document Name" open.
Recommendations to other buyersThis has the potentially to be really powerful software that lawfirms, and other billable environments would greatly benefit from. I'd be more than willing to have a discussion with you about how to make the product more functional and/or effectively market to my industry.
January 12, 2017
Taras "Ty" Z.
Operations Manager
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“DeskTime is Wonderful, Everything you need to keep track of employee productivity”

OverallBeing able to track employee productivity in a work-from-home remote environment, where you're not able to track employee productivity easily without such a tool like DeskTime.
ProsWhat I like most is the clean User Interface, and simple stats that are easy to digest, and understand where employees are slacking, and where they excel.
ConsI can't think of any negatives in using DeskTime at this time.
Alex K.
Software developer
January 19, 2017

“Save time, work productive”

OverallI have never used any time trackers before DeskTime and never thought about personal productivity. I just was doing my job well and everything was ok. After installing Desktime I was wondered that I'm not so productive as I was thinking! I found that I work hard and do the job but waste time for things like messengers and social networks, for couple (or three or five) coffee breaks and so on. Desktime showed me that and I changed my work style. Now I do the same amount of work in 5-6 hours instead of 8 hrs. I don't do more but I do it faster now. Thank you, DeskTime!
ProsSimple and seamless
ConsIt shows how you are lazy sometimes, haha :)
Viesturs P.
January 10, 2017

“My work life managmement”

OverallI like this software a lot. It has been tracking my activities on PC and MAC for many years, since it was lunched as early beta. it could be great if u could add functionality see review of full year, for example 2016. it could give me information how to better manage my time in year 2017 :)
Proseasy tu use, multi platform, browser support
Conshard to compare month by month, to adrese beter time management
Recommendations to other buyersgood softwire, nice one.
Jessica K.
Owner, Photographer
Photography, Self-employed

“DeskTime review 2017”

OverallI enjoy using this software. However, I wish it were more user-friendly when it comes to editing offline time gaps as well as assigning URL tasks to the three categories of productivity.
ProsTime tracking for internet website usage is very helpful to refer back to when trying to figure out where the time went in a day.
ConsDifficult to reassign URLs to their proper productivity category
Recommendations to other buyersNone
Clementine L.
Visual Designer
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2017

“Measure and grow your productivity”

OverallDesktime is not only good to actually know what your colleagues are doing, but also to measure your own productivity. I like to check out how much I spent on software and tasks to estimate the time needed for future projects
Prosthe widgets with your productivity details and the section where you can check which app you use the most
Consthe projects part is a bit hidden, and I'm not using it at all I think it should be exhibited in another way. Also for a social media manager, most of social media app are productive tools for him/her, while it shouldn't be for other members of the team. We should be able to set an app productive/unproductive for a particular person and not by group.
Recommendations to other buyersUse it!
Laura P.
Director of Administrative
January 9, 2017

“DeskTime Gives Us The Tracking We Need”

OverallOur company uses DeskTime to track time spent on client projects and time spent away from the office. It offers fantastic functionality for tracking time, projects, and exporting data.
ProsThe breadth of capabilities. It shows us so much information.
ConsCustomer service takes awhile to respond.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you get this software, take the time to learn all the things it can do for you. It's worth it.
Fabrício C.
CTO
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2017

“Almost perfect time tracking tool”

OverallWe really love to use your software every day. I have little improvement suggestion request about view productivity in a separate project on the same day, but I am happy using DeskTime.
ProsEasy to read and easy to use reports.
ConsI would like to view in reports productivity about two or more project at the same day in general report.
Recommendations to other buyersNo at the moment.
Steve R.
Call Center Manager
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2017

“It's a good time for DeskTime!”

OverallI have found that using DeskTime to monitor employee productivity makes managing our staff very easy and convenient. The staff also likes to watch their "ranking" throughout the day as everyone strives to be #1 and the most productive. I could also see using DeskTime as part of tracking productivity and using the ranking for monthly incentive programs. Either way DeskTime is a win win situation for Management and staff alike.
ProsEasy of use. Reporting. The staff seems to like watching their daily ranking.
ConsNA
Recommendations to other buyersNA
JP B.
CIO
Internet, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2017

“Easy and automated way to analyze how your team is using their time”

OverallDeskTime is an extremely easy to use tool to track time. We've been using it since 2014 and its automated reports are used to analyze how the team is using their time and to send timesheet reports to our customers.
ProsIt's an automated way to track time.
Recommendations to other buyersBefore installing DeskTime we have a transparent discussion about it with our team.
Ameer S.

“Very useful”

OverallDesktime has helped me keep track of the time I spend at work. After categorizing my software usage, it provides insights into how I spent my day which is both valuable and easy to understand. Its silent background monitoring means zero-disturbance and the detailed statistics tell you what when on and when. It has greatly helped boost my overall productivity.
ProsEase of use, zero-disturbance, detailed reporting.
ConsMissing set of features like automatic private time, adding scheduled breaks etc.
Ludwig P.
COO
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

“From Ludwig”

OverallExactly as we need it. Location or accessing functionalities is not as easy as initial version. Most needed is a better and more frequent and visible alert when Desktime timer is disabled when working. Also, dashboard not useful. Maybe allowing user to customize the dashboard by project will be great.
Roman S.
Graphic Design, Unspecified
January 9, 2017

“5 stars to app and productivity”

OverallUse this app already more than 1.5 years. Purchased for fun. But then I got involved. And started to analyze all my work at the computer. Main insight: what we don't measure - we don't have to control. It's time to take your time at the computer under control!
ProsUI/UX
ConsDont know
Recommendations to other buyersIts really useful app!
Kaila C.
Design Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
May 13, 2018

“Awesome! i love that it keeps exact track of what i or my team does daliy”

ProsIt´s a great tool to keep track of what everyone is doing, when do they start working, when they leave, and how much of the day they are actually productive.
Consit would be awesome if you could break down even more specifically which file you were working on on seeveral programs, and not just the program as a whole, so i have to use another app to track that, for example if i use photoshop all day i would like to know how much time i spent on each file, so i have to track this ¨manualy¨ with another app.
May 13, 2018
Rinalds A.
Consultant
January 9, 2017

“Great time tracking app”

OverallI have been using DeskTime for around 3 - 4 years. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm using it to track time I spend to my clients so I can write them an invoice with specific hours. Great tool.
ProsEase of use.
ConsNew features could come out faster.
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 13, 2018

“ Easy way to track your computer time”

Overall Was easy to use and easy to set up, the more I used it the more I understood how best to categorize and track my time.
Pros If you need to specify what time you're spending on particular projects or account, this is great software. It also helps you see if you are as productive in general on your computer time as you think you are.
Cons Did not like that the times were listed in military format. I was always converting the time back-and-forth and that was bothersome to me.
August 13, 2018
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
May 10, 2018

“Ideal for Performance Tracking”

OverallPractical attendance and performance tracking application
ProsDeskTime allows managers to keep track of their employees activities resultig in increased productivity. The timesheets and the reports are detailed to allow monitoring
ConsCan often lead to micromanagement and loss of privacy by allowing monitoring of employees activities
May 10, 2018
Rob M.
Director of IT
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2017

“Wavetronix Review”

OverallWe really like the idea behind DeskTime. There are little things that could make this product fantastic. In the month view calendar, clicking on a day should take you to that day. We have been on DeskTime since last October and the report export does not export the data as the correct data type. This makes the export useless unless we spend time editing each cell to get the right data type in. It would be very helpful to us if we could distinguish between time in the office and time outside the office so we know if people work at home but we also want to track what time they get in the office and what time they leave the office. Making the IP restriction more robust could solve this. There are other little things but we will work through support.
ProsEasy to use. Doesn't take much effort to have it give you good feedback.
ConsBugs, iOS app does not work, slow getting simple features into the product.
Recommendations to other buyersKeep working hard to get the things done that would make it better. Fix exports and some of the annoying bugs.
January 18, 2017
Debjit B.
Freelancer
May 20, 2019

“Must have features and simple setup. Must try.”

OverallI must say for only one user it is really good.
Pros I like how quickly I can set up and start using this time and project tracking software. The dashboard is minimalistic and has enough information. Productivity bar gives a nice chart for a quick view. Private time is a nice touch when I have to check social media for my personal use or take a break. Project wise time is a nice feature to have. The break interval rings me after every 30 min of usage for more productivity and a little rest from my work.
ConsI couldn't see the projects I created into my web dashboard. Free plans for 1 user, that's not good for any startup company. As you can't use with your team it is not possible to get the c Can't use screenshot and third-party integration as it just has two calendars available.
May 20, 2019
Kelly B.
Human Resource Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Services are Sufficient”

OverallWe have not had a positive experience with the upgrade and wished that we could have the functionality back from before. Other than that complaint, all else runs sufficiently.
ProsThe report functions
ConsIt is not as customizable as we wished it were. We would also like the options of accepting the upgrades. One size does not fit all.
Recommendations to other buyersNo other remarks
Kim G.
Support & Implementation Director
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 10, 2018

“Helps keep honest people honest”

OverallIt's been easy to use and incorporate into our company. We don't have to check it often but it's good to know that it's there if we need it to fall back on.
ProsIt helps a company who is mostly work at home employees keep up with who is doing what. Let's us see if one person is doing more than another. Keeps everyone honest.
ConsThere isn't really anything, the set up is a little odd at first but once you do the first few it becomes very easy.
Taras R.
Computer Software, Self-employed
January 9, 2017

“It looks more complicated than year ago.”

OverallI am using DeskTime for personal use (motivate myself to work hard and more careful ). I did the pause for using your tool and after the pause in 1 year, I feel more difficult with DeskTime. I had the issue with assigning some tool to the certain activity. I am not sure but I have to fill that same tool could be in productive and unproductive depend on time. For example, I spend some time for studying on work PC after work hours. During the work hour, my learning tool is unproductive but after this is productive. I don't see a possibility to switch.

By Draugiem Group on August 27, 2019
Hello, Taras! Thank you for your review. Over these years DeskTime has improved its features quite a lot, working on making the app more intuitive to use. While we can not offer to change productivity of apps in regards to time, you can always use the 'Private time' option to use your computer for non-work related activities - DeskTime will not track any time while this option is enabled.
Hugo G.
Intl. Prj assistant
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2017

“Install -n- forget time tracking app”

OverallGreat to measure your performance or to see in what tasks your labor day has been used, I found myself wondering in what things I've spent most of time, because it really goes fast once you focus on something... so this app is great for that!
ProsEase of use Install and forget Very autonomous
ConsSome minor crashes
January 19, 2017

“Worth using, keeps you productive”

OverallI had been using DeskTime for a couple of years already. Even that I use it for personal goals - I love it: how it shows your productive time and the other time spent on not so important things. I can track my time easily and see where are my sins. I wasn't using it as a company tool, but I see the pros having this tool in the whole team. Works even better in Agile environments. Appreciate your work, guys! Great tool!
ProsNice and informative charts and that I can find out what I was doing on the specific time
Mario S.
Programmer
Program Development, Self-employed

“Great application”

OverallI am using it for personal use. And it helps me tracking my work, acknowledgement of my productivity and many other things.
Mauricio G.
Mr
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

“The best of market”

OverallWe use for years to measure productivity and reward our best contributors each week. Very complete and trustful
Jennifer V.
Business Manager
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees
October 31, 2018

“Great to use for tracking time of salary employees”

ProsI don't think that we are using this as intended, but it has been great to track how the time of our salary employees is being spent. We are then able to take that information and determine what tasks each person should be doing.
ConsI wish that the program itself had a way to let us turn the information into statistics for us.
October 31, 2018
AAYUSH R.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 23, 2018

“DeskTime”

ProsIts economical, easy to use, really helpful, easily accessable, saves alot of time, manages your work hours.
ConsSometime its not that accurate about your working time which can effect your payroll.
October 23, 2018
Colin P.
Senior Designer
Design, Self-employed

“Pretty Good”

OverallI am not using this for anything other than curiosity but have enjoyed it so far. Interesting to see where i spend my time and when my most productive times of day are. Great app for my needs.
Prosthe data it gives me
ConsNone, really
Recommendations to other buyersNope
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“Monitors pc activity”

OverallThis is a must-have tool ver every professional. It will help you to be in good health and do your job more effectively.
ProsI need to keep an eye on my monitor for possible data bridge, so I installed desk time to get all the URL and drive and keep an eye on activity. I found desktime can do much more. Now I use it to log time and manage my work also keep a track of my working so I can rehydrate and work much better. The alarm rings every 20 min to remind me to get some rest and rehydrate.
ConsI don't use a lot of features for desk time and I will update if I found any bugs here. The price is really affordable compared to the competition.
September 30, 2019
John A.
Call Center Executive
November 23, 2017

“Can calculate the time”

Overallgreat time tracker software
ProsI use this DeskTime software to ensure the productivity of my staffs. This is really a great software to track the idle time. Also, other features are available.
ConsIf the monthly report can track and calculate monthly hours would be more preferable to us. Hope, they will consider it.
November 23, 2017
Wojciech N.
Tobacco, 1-10 employees
January 9, 2017

“Great software which boosts your productivity!”

OverallI have been using DeskTime for more than a year and it never failed, increased my productivity by 40%! Great software which boosts your productivity!
ProsEasy to use
Consno cons!
Recommendations to other buyersTracking of projects based.
Joshua B.
Administrator
January 9, 2017

“Its a great product with room for improvement”

OverallThe softphone freezes from time to time and the recent update causes it freeze more often especially from idle and when the phone rings
ProsQuick support response time
ConsFreezes from time to time
Elina M.
Social Media Moderator
Information Services, Self-employed
September 20, 2018

“Perfect for Productivity ”

ProsIf you want to start managing your time get DeskTime. This is a great software to know where your time is really going.
ConsI wish there was a way to export data and receive comprehensive stats even with the Lite plan. But for free, DeskTime can't be best.
September 20, 2018
Arjan K.
Business Development Officer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2017

“Time tracking made easier”

OverallWe found desktime to be very easy and a perfect solution for tracking our overall performance. It was very easy to figure out the time spent in different applications required during our everyday use. We were able to track efficiency and even the most effective hours during operations. We were also able to track work of our employees when they were working from home and also tally everyone's performance in contrast to everyone else's. Also, different departments and their work efficiency was made easier to track with the help of desktime. Loved the app, thank you for creating it. :)
ProsEasy time tracking feature with no/little room for human errors.
ConsSometimes gets unresponsive and need to restart the software
Recommendations to other buyersReminders are cool, maybe pump them up alittle?
April 16, 2017
Adela A.
Team leader
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

“Not very easy to use.”

OverallVery difficult to fill it in. Not starting up with windows. Should send some automated reminders so that the employees are notified when they have not completed their page. I never contacted the customer service and i don t pay for it, so i cannot rate the last 2 categories.
ProsKeeps record on the computer activities.
ConsQuite frustrating to use.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease make it start with windows, we always have to log in and it gets frustrating and add an option which can notify people when they have not used it or filled in the blank spaces. Pop up notifiers would be great.

By Draugiem Group on August 27, 2019
Hello, Adela! Thank you for your review. Over time we have worked on the simplicity and ease of use of DeskTime, to make time tracking quick and simple. The app starts automatically with the computer, so all you need to do now is to open the app to see your tracked data at the end of the day - it's that simple!
Vladimir S.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
January 9, 2017

“Good, but the previous dashboard has some convenient features that aren't available now.”

OverallIt's not convenient to go to the special area to mark the type of the app: Productive/Non-productive.
ProsIt's automatic.
Cons-
Recommendations to other buyersEnhance the dashboard.
Maxim M.
Backend Developer
September 29, 2017

“Without any problems”

ProsTracks when computer is idle, productivity is calculated smart. Does not require much cnofiguration.
ConsFrom some reasons there is no stats about hours in the month overworked/underworked. That would be nice to have monthly reports.
September 29, 2017
Ruth C.
Product Marketing Manager
July 19, 2017

“Perfect for tracking the time of my offshore dev team ”

ProsI can easily see how much time the team have spent working on my project and where they spent their time. It tells me what websites they were on and you can customise this to see which are marked as productive and unproductive. Simple to get an overview and relatively low hassle to set up from my side.
ConsI find it quite hard to navigate and find specific products and users if I want to see what they have been working on specifically and I forget every time I log back in. Quite expensive for the service you get - for a very small number of users and small functionality..
July 19, 2017