Microsoft Teams Ratings

Overall

About Microsoft Teams

Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more. Learn more about Microsoft Teams

Steve F.
IT Specialist
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
October 10, 2019

“The only product for business and office productivity but licensing is troublesome and expensive”

OverallAll the Office products are a requirement for creating documents that are shareable and usable with others. They are all "feature-rich" and with them you can create documents and presentations that can really impress others. However, licensing and in particular the transfer of licenses is impossible for the pre-subscription products. There is no way to move such a license to a different PC without manual intervention of Microsoft people over the phone. Microsoft really wants to force users and corporations to move to a subscription service (Office 365) instead of purchasing and installing "Office Pro 2019". And because of that, there is no "upgrade path" for any of the pre-subscription products to the next version or to a subscription (Office 365). Besides changing their type of revenue and increasing their cash flow, they have gone way to far to prevent people from pirating their software. That effort has made the maintenance of their non-subscription products so very, very unfriendly and costly. And look out - Windows will become a subscription product soon and we will we will be paying a monthly/yearly fee to use it.
ProsIt is the de facto standard for creating all types of documents for daily use in an office. With an Office 365 subscription, you always have the latest versions available without having to buy an upgrade or manually download updates.
ConsAs the versions have progressed, all the products have become increasingly harder to use and they require in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Ribbon in order to find the functions you need. The "help" documentation is poor at best and answers to operational and use questions are almost always found on other websites, not Microsoft's sites. The ribbon has been forced onto users and there is no way to revert to older versions of command lists and menus. And Microsoft does not provide the ability to search for commands and learn where they can be found in the ribbon. This makes it impossible to learn how to use the products by using them. I've used the products for years and I still, constantly, have to "google" to find where commands are and how to use them. Also, since all the Office products are constantly "improving", Ribbon and menus change in their method of organization which quickly invalidates any help you might find on Microsoft sites and other 3rd party sites. Instructions dealing with "click this and then click this and choose this" need to change with each version and they do not. Worst of all, Microsoft had decided to make all their "apps" into "tablet friendly" ones with larger buttons and greater spacing between buttons. This has reduced the area to display commands and made the ribbon and menus more complex with several more drop-downs and several more clicks required to get to the command you which has and continues to make the products harder to use.
October 10, 2019
Tami N.
IT / Communications Manager
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2019

“It may not be totally free for Non-Profits, but it's worth the small price!”

OverallWhere many in our church wanted to, and do, use Google Docs / G Suite because they either want something free for their limited use or don't understand that you can do collaboration in Office 365, the business office of our church fought to stay with Office 365 because it's easier when you get into more than just creating text paragraphs on a page. You may not have the design level of something like Adobe InDesign, but you can create beautiful documents, tables, presentations, and a host of other items that are essential to church communications.
ProsYears of advancements make Office the clear winner for business applications over G Suite The templates that come with Office 365 applications and the ones you can find online Easy offline use Ability to use with documents created in Google Docs / G Suite by parishioners SharePoint has great features that the G Suite collaborative environment doesn't have
ConsInability to create groups in Exchange that do not include email addresses outside of your domain The one Office 365 application that hasn't advanced a great deal is PowerPoint - but it still gets the job done if you aren't trying to do anything too fancy as long as you avoide Death by PowerPoint bulleted text
October 3, 2019
Dan C.
Director Of Information Technology
Wholesale, 201-500 employees
September 30, 2019

“Microsoft Teams crushes Slack!”

OverallWe wanted to get ahead of the sun setting of Skype for Business and realize the benefits of Teams collaboration capabilities.
ProsMicrosoft Teams provides all of the functionality of Skype for Business, but with a better user experience. The audio and video quality is excellent. The collaboration features are by far the best I've experienced. Simple to deploy, easy to use, I cannot say enough good things about Teams.
ConsWithout proper governance, this product will sprawl easily within your organization. Take some time to setup business rules and remove the default permissions, enabling the proper security and administration of the application.
September 30, 2019
Manuel D.
Business Office Manager
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
September 29, 2019

“Best option, Better if you use Windows OS”

OverallThe overall experience is very good, aside from the issues using it on macOS or the lack of apps for Linus systems, on windows works flawlessly and is a software we can trust to get our job done
ProsIt has many features, every update we find more features that makes the job easier, it is very stable and the sync with onedrive makes it very trust-able since the job is always on the cloud . On windows
ConsThe very most issue of this software is the lack of compatibility or compatibility issues with other systems than Microsoft Windows. Using it on MAC OS Mojave, I have found so many issues mostly with Onedrive, it stops synchronizing because of the name of the files, updates had came, for macOS and for office 365, the issue stills happens at least once a week.
September 29, 2019
john k.
IT Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 25, 2019

“MS Teams, Microsoft's new collaboration app that you will wonder how you did without it!!”

OverallOnce you get used to its quirks and also get your head around how Teams and Channels work it becomes an invaluable addition to the Microsoft Office 365 Eco System. I now use it daily to plan and out and collaborate on my clients Channels / Teams with the added functionality from Apps, Connectors and Bots ive now been able to feed in many of the Cloud Apps and Services that i use for my business so that i have all the data i need in MS Teams. Also now Teams has the IM and VOIP functions all working ready to take over from Skype for Business when it retires fairly soon i also use Teams as my communication app on top of everything else which gives you some sort of idea how much it can actually do now.
ProsWhat i like most about Microsoft Teams is its versatility, its uses seem to be endless. It took me a while to get used to using it as its grown as ive learnt to use it. Microsoft and 3rd Parties are still adding new functionality to Teams via apps, connectors and bots and it seems to be gaining pace as developers see that its adoption is taking off which for end users is great news as more than likely you will be able to find one of these apps, connectors and bots that will connect Teams to another Cloud App or Service that you use already making Teams even more productive to use.
ConsIts Tennant switching function, Guest and External users still baffle me sometimes as its not straight forward to use. If your Azure AD user has been invited into a team that belongs to another Office 365 Tennant account you have to manually switch Teams to that Tennant account via a drop down which then switches over to that Office 365 Tennants Teams channels so that you can access the channel / team you have been invited into. Its as confusing as it sounds, I still dont think this is the answer to the multi tenant problem. Although to be fair its now a lot better than it was a year ago or earlier. Then to add to that confusion you then have the Guest and External user types, both types can be invited into your Office 365's tenants channel / team but the Guest user actually will add the invited user into your Azure AD as a guest user so that user has more rights to a channel / team than an External user. External users can be invited into a channel / team but there rights are very low but the External user type is mainly for the IM / VOIP / Meeting functionality in MS Teams.
September 25, 2019
Karrah K.
Front Desk
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“Skype is No Longer our Hype”

OverallThe major business component my team and I are solving while using Microsoft Teams is communication. Communication will always be the most important key in all areas of customer service. Microsoft Teams has proved to be loyal, reliable and a great source of evidence. As the Front Desk Agent, it is my duty to take in all incoming calls and direct them as seen fit. At times my directors, payroll admins and recruiters are unavailable to take a call due to being on another call or away from their desk at the time. My first and foremost response to these moments of unavailability is to collect the needed information from the caller and direct all of the information to my coworkers via Microsoft Teams. No one can say they did not receive the message because the evidence of the written word is there for them to find. Microsoft Teams has made the predicaments of then, the resolved of today with the information easy to see and find within Microsoft Teams. No more incorrect or forgotten information needs to be passed along. The biggest benefit of Microsoft Teams within our company has been realized. Integration is a positive thing as long as you know how and what you are doing. Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams make a great pair you could say. With this benefit, our staff is able to use Outlook or Teams to add and see appointments daily. It's great to see everything on the same page. It's good to know that if needed be, we could use Microsoft Teams without Microsoft Office.
ProsMy company began using Microsoft Teams in April of 2019. Using a new product can be tricky and make you unsure if you'll like it. I don't like Microsoft Teams, I LOVE it! The software offers more features, options and accessibilities for its users. My team and I mainly use the platform to communicate with one another versus picking up the phone and calling because it is faster and more convenient. The layout is perfect, easy to read and I like that I am able to change the background to high contrast - stands out like a sore thumb in a good way! A great example where Microsoft Teams has helped me achieve my goal was when my director had previously put her phone on silent and forgot to take it off. A phone call from a client had come in and instead of raising my voice or getting up and running to my director's office, I got on Microsoft Teams and sent her a message to let her know I could not direct the client to her phone. The concern was solved in the nick of time and neither party had to wait longer than they should have. Microsoft Teams is a great teammate to have!
ConsMy coworkers and I simply use Microsoft Teams to communicate information with one another and based on the software alone, have not had a single predicament. There is nothing that I least like about using this product personally. Though I do go on to question why this application has so many apps for integration and the purpose to integrate the many apps in association. A first time buyer may think to themselves, "Wow! That's a lot of apps, I don't think myself or my company will be needing all of this." The multiple apps may come off like a strong perfume - there's a lot going on and no one explaining the beautiful chaos of the apps provided. I am sure if my coworkers and I took the time to go through the apps, we would find something of use for our team. I just wish Microsoft Teams had a better way of presenting the applications included.
September 20, 2019
Osamah A.
Student
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
September 10, 2019

“The Complete Package ”

OverallI have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory. Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!
ProsI am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished. All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations! I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere! One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch! Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!
ConsWhile you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all. Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.
September 10, 2019
Computer Games, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2019

“Microsoft meets the Web”

OverallI like the interface, the fact that the tool is professional oriented, as great support and is still the reference when it comes to digital documents.
ProsI've been moving away from Microsoft Office because I've been moving away from Windows for a long time, but I've never find a good Office solution that compares to Microsoft Office. Open Source solutions are a bit clunky and are not on par with the latest User Interfaces experiences, and Google Drive offers the best alternative, with less options than Microsoft Office. Since Microsoft Office offers cloud solutions as part of MS Office 365, it became a game changer. I can now properly get back to the Microsoft solution and use their tool from everywhere, knowing that I will have the proper layout in files shared with me, and vice versa. The options and tools are exactly what you could expect from Microsoft and this move toward the cloud is a very nice move. The MS Office solution is not free, but it offers a storage of 1TB on the cloud and the licence can be shared with family members (up to 5 people).
ConsThe cloud solution still needs some improvements. I haven't been able to edit, at the same time, a document with someone else, while Google Drive offers realtime edition on any kind of files. Microsoft offers a great solution with MS Office but seems a bit late to the "cloud party". There's still a lot to improve and I feel that it's easier now to get people on Google Drive and share documents with them, than it is on MS Office. Part of it being because MS Office doesn't offer free solution (yet).
August 14, 2019
Michael C.
IT Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
July 28, 2019

“MSTeams is a top notch communication app”

OverallNothing but positive experiences so far and it was a welcome addition once I mentioned it was included with our sub.
Pros- The ability to control the channels and groups - Being able to easily get missed notifications via email - Mobile app that is just as great as the desktop app - Web app makes it easier for everyone to use teams with no installation - add-ons for wiki's scheduling - HIPAA compliant - Able to share your screen with co-workers on the fly
Cons- Lacks the ability to create a command like slack where you can have a bot produce a wifi code or other common knowledge that is needed from time to time
July 28, 2019
Stefan K.
Stundent
Education Management, 201-500 employees
July 24, 2019

“Office 365/Review”

OverallI use this program for private and business purposes, although a bit more demanding program it gives me a bit of fun while working.
ProsThe benefits of Office 365 are many, I will try to list only some. By subscribing to Office 365 (O365), you get access to the latest versions of Office software (WORD, Excel, PoverPoint, Outlook, OneNote, etc.). Allows you to use the most advanced features in these applications that have become better at a given moment (e.g., Direct Translation of Text in a Second Language in Vord, Using Geo Cards in Excel, or Inserting 3D Visual Elements in a PoverPoint). The full package works best with the cloud (cloud) where Microsoft gives each user a free terabyte space on their file storage servers. One terabyte is more than enough to store all the files you use on documents (photos, photos, videos, e-mails, etc.). Transferring your files to the cloud gives you several benefits: :: Your files are available to you from any computer, tablet, and on your phones: You can share files with colleagues, even more so, work on the same file at the same time from different locations (for example, colleagues in the office and you at home, do together on the same PowerPoint presentation, and then see who made the change). These services significantly reduce the number of sent emails, then problems that arise when the organization circles several versions of the same document within the organization. :: When all of your files are in the cloud, it means you always have a copy of your disc without the need for external disks.
ConsThere are also shortcomings in the use of O365 that some organizations can be decisive when deciding whether to switch to this service: :: If you are not connected to the Internet, synchronization between devices will not work. This means that you may not be able to update the latest version of the file your colleague worked with using the 'cloud'. :: Microsoft almost daily adds new features, and for some users who do not like changes, it may be a problem.
July 24, 2019
Greg P.
Partner
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“Has come a long ways in the past year or two”

OverallWhen we first started investigating Office 365 a few years ago, we could see promise in the integration possibilities, but the reality was pretty clunky, even inside of the Windows ecosytem. Now its really starting to deliver on that huge opportunity, especially between Windows, MacOS, and IOS.
ProsStarting to realize the potential benefits of integration across Windows, MacOS, iOS
ConsWould like to see better integration with other messaging/chat tools like Slack, etc.
July 19, 2019
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“"Cloud based with the backing of massive MS network"”

Overallas of now, O-365 is a next generation solution. Apart from the doubts over security, we have the advantages stated above. The best benefit is the saving on expensive hardware, storage space, energy costs and maintenance. In fact as all the software maintenance is done by Microsoft, we get better solutions from experts at no extra costs. You don't need to have any additional storage gadgets, as everything is on the cloud. Depending on the purpose and the number of users, this system a scalable. Although there are question marks over cloud applications, Microsoft has done their best to adopt highest possible defenses against threats and is continuously engaged in improvements.
ProsThe first thing that reminds me about O-365 is that it's on the cloud. As we are still in an infant stage of cloud tech, there are both pros and negatives, but definitely in time, technology will improve to a stage, you can expect anything. Let's assume there's not going to be a jailbreak. Having said that, there certainly are pros in the current scenario. You are on the cloud means you are armed with some godly powers. No servers 'on premises', no 'restricted' storage areas for servers, no maintenance costs and you have the freedom of mobility. You or your team can access O-365 anywhere on planet Earth if there is internet. One other notable advantage being on cloud is the safety against loss of data. The safety of your data if stored in an 'on prem' system is vulnerable to various hazards and would be lost if not backed up in a remote server. No capital investment on expensive servers, you can obtain the services for a monthly or annual subscription per user basis and the user have the ability to install O-365 up to 05 devices. Though you need subscriptions on certain advanced features, you can opt out additional services when you don't need. When it comes to features in office tools, I doubts if there would be any more requirements to run general office matters. All MS office applications are designed with almost all features required with the experience gained during a long journey. The system gets updated frequently and you can enjoy the benefits.
Consas a general rule, cloud based applications could be more vulnerable for security breaches than an 'on-premise' system. Certain online feature in Word, Excel has limitations compared to your own installation.
July 18, 2019
Gina K.
Senior Data Architect
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
July 9, 2019

“Great concept, needs some work”

OverallWe are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.
ConsThe most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts back to the main page) and once I find the correct document again- I have to re-open it to continue (unless I am editing it outside of the Teams app - which I do sometimes for this very reason). This makes it very confusing to keep track of what I was doing - I end up waiting to check a chat message until I am able to reach some point in my editing that is a logical place to save and stop. Which then kind of negates the whole timeliness advantage of using a chat over email.
July 9, 2019
Guillermo G.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees
June 25, 2019

“All the tools to work in a single package”

OverallIn summary, i can´t imagine working without Office 365. I´m not interested in knowing if there are better tools, it´s fully functional for me. When I need to do something new, first I look if it can be done in office before looking for other software for it.
ProsI've been a Microsoft Office user since I have memory of using a computer (and that's a little over 20 years). The Office package has only improved over the years. It has a greater number of functions, which means that you practically do not need another program to work, make presentations, analyze data, and everything you may need in your work. Office 365 also has online features, like Sharepoint, wich helps a lot when you work with your team in the cloud. Also the synergy between skype and outlook to arrange meetings is really amazing. I appreciate in Outlook is the search window. Finally it is very easy to search among all the emails. And if you (like almost everyone in these times) have to navigate among thousands of emails, this was more than necessary. The most obvious thing to note between office and office 365 is the change in design. Everything is cleaner and clearer. The options are easier to find but the difference is not so drastic as to lose familiarity.
ConsSometimes the positive thing that gives us all the time (features) also makes some other things very complex. For example, word is still problematic with simple things, and the way to solve these problems is usually very complicated, having to resort to a YouTube guide for example.
June 25, 2019
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
June 14, 2019

“Life saving software that will preserve your sanity”

OverallIt has happened to all of us - in the middle of a long, tedious project, the computer being used crashes and hours worth of work is lost. Hard drive failures happen, and while we all *know* we should perform regular backups of data, far too many people never do any backing up at all. OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage app, is integrated with Office 365, including a generous allotment of free data storage (amount of free storage available varies per subscription plan). OneDrive can even be set as the default storage location for Office to use when saving your hard work, which can then be accessed anywhere, anytime, from any networked device with a web browser. Never again forget the thumb drive with your presentation on it, never again lose your work because of a computer crash, all while freeing up precious local storage space. Stuck in a waiting room for an appointment? No problem, work on that PowerPoint you have a deadline for coming up soon. Commuting by train to work? Pull out your mobile device and perfect that Word document you were working on yesterday. Boss or coworker needs to see data collected thus far and entered into an Excel spreadsheet? Share a link to the spreadsheet you have saved in the cloud on OneDrive - and lock it down so no changes can be made if you want, or open it up for real-time collaboration. Office 365 not only offers the ability to preserve your hard work, saving your sanity, it also frees your work to turbo-charge productivity.
Prosit is cloud-based, so it is impervious to machine hardware or software crashes. Also, as it is cloud based, Office 365 also is available to the user for use via any terminal (on any device) at any time - no key, downloads, or time-consuming install required. All that is required is an online device and a web browser.
ConsSubscription-based price structure, with pricing on a per-user basis requiring an annual commitment, which can get expensive, quick.
June 14, 2019
Benjamin E J.
Freelance Automotive Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
June 10, 2019

“Industry-Standard for a Reason”

ProsIt just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.
ConsBasically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.
June 10, 2019
Daniel R.
Owner/Founder
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
June 8, 2019

“MS Office User for many years”

OverallIt's been very good overall. I would highly suggest since it is now a subscription service that there be highly skilled live representatives that you could query for guidance and allow for a simple to use remote viewing with in order to assist customers when they are having a particularly difficult time with small aspects of one of the services, which happens frequently.
ProsI feel like in recent years they have made great improvements particularly in making the products easier to use. This is especially the case with MS Excel, in which I recall having to memorize all sorts of different formulas which was very frustrating at times. They have made the interface much more user friendly which is great for those with limited experience in using Excel. Outlook hasn't changed much, which to me is a good thing as I was already very comfortable and happy with that aspect of it. Powerpoint has also become easier to use, although personally I prefer the old school Powerpoint of 2006-2010 era, but it was primarily because I knew how to do a lot of things on it that others didn't which is no longer the case.
ConsMicrosoft Word is still the most frustrating product to use and I have seen little improvement in the areas that need it the most over the last 10+ years. It seems as if Microsoft continuously makes minor changes that don't help when someone wants to, for example, edit a resume after a few years and wants to simply add or remove portions of it while keeping the structure the same. I still get caught spending hours trying to make minor changes in these sorts of situations and I have seen no improvements in Word to address this issue. Now although I mentioned Excel in my positives, there is still one large negative with it, and that is the difficulty in extracting information from other excel documents if you are working on a project that has multiple excel documents that can't be combined into one with different sheets (in the Data Collection Management World this happens frequently). I am also not a fan of the new(ish) subscription model to Office, and preferred the one time purchase, although I understand the logistical and business purposes of changing it to a subscription model.
June 8, 2019
Sean U.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
June 6, 2019

“The Microsoft Office family of programs are esentials ”

OverallMy job would be a nightmare if I didn't have: Word, Publisher, and Excel. and just the fact I can pick it up on my other devices is great. Microsoft Office 365 is priced well below what getting a full suite of similar programs would cost. Publisher is the best WooHoo!!
Pros- Microsoft Office programs are some of, if not the most intuitive programs for running an office. - Microsoft Publisher alone is one of the most powerful publishing programs out there today. - The ability to finish something on my laptop that I started on my work PC with just a couple clicks is amazing. - The cost to have all these programs together on all my devices would cost a small fortune anywhere else.
Cons- If you don't have office 365 you keep getting advertisements for it. (one of my PCs I don't use it on gets a notification to try it for free on start-up all the time.) - Microsoft support, like any tech companies support, is typically foreign from the United States and therefor they usually have an accent that can be difficult to understand sometimes. It doesn't mean they know any less, it just means you may have to ask them to speak a little slower.
June 6, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 2, 2019

“Microsoft Office 365 Review”

OverallThe ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!
ProsThe software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!
ConsEach app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!
June 2, 2019
Gian Angelo D.
Copywriter & Marketing Strategist
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
May 27, 2019

“The Virtual Office ALL Offices Need”

OverallOffice 365 does have its problems however, the pros outweigh the cons in this scenario. You get premium support and functionality with this version of Office and even better, you're always up to date since it's an online service. Collaborate better with teams, edit faster, and create a better work space with Office 365.
ProsI've had the privilege of testing out an early copy of Office 365 in the past. It was great! Fast forward to today and it's only improved further. You get a lot of features that you would expect from the classic Microsoft Office suite plus more. It's easier to collaborate with your teammates especially because this suite is online based. Everything is in the cloud and easy to access from any point which means working remotely has never been this good!
ConsYou do have to pay for a subscription. While there are other ways to collaborate with your teammates online, if you want an easier and premium way to do it, 365 is the way to go. You do need to consider the budget though.
May 27, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 23, 2019

“Your Great Helper”

OverallI immediately opened my content-managed company's website that came with Office 365 SharePoint. It offers new opportunities to work with teams. The Internet created with SharePoint enables different people to work from different locations on the same files as intranet sites and common areas. Office 365 works fine with almost all mobile devices. We increased our performance and efficiency by accessing your data from anywhere.
ProsOfice 365 with all applications I like to use. Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer and other applications, the company I work with my work in my private life. I can handle all my important work. Ofice 365 can be operated mobile and fixed anywhere without interruption, with the ability to work independently from the device and work with similar interfaces on every device. All plans are compatible with Office 2007, Office 2008 for Mac, Office 2010, and Office 2011 for Mac. I've been doing all my correspondence with Ms office word for years. I've used all software versions of ms office to date. I'm a 20-year-old ms office user. I never thought about using any other software. I do all the presentations with Powerpoint for years. I've never seen a better software than that. I get excellent and professional results. Because ms office is extremely common and good software marketing; I always had good support in technical understanding. I improved myself by easily accessing training documents and videos.
ConsThe only dislike is the charge part. In recent years, hikes have increased. Besides, the good thing about office 365 is that it is free for students. Maybe we think it might be a bit too affordable in professional users.
May 23, 2019
Stuart S.
Electronic Design Engineer
Automotive, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2019

“Still the best office suite”

OverallGenerally, Office 365 is a complete and powerful tool suite which is useful for a huge range of office tasks from knocking up a quick sign or notice to crafting huge documents and manuals with input from whole teams of people. In some situations the OneDrive integration is very useful and can be a great tool for collaboration or releasing documents to customers (and keeping them up to date). It has gotten to the point where it is hard to imagine the modern office with Office.
ProsI like the focus on ease of use that has become apparent. Office has always been an extremely powerful tool, but in recent years Microsoft has really taken steps toward making it more usable. The initially-maligned Ribbons are actually a great UI element which gives quick access to the most commonly used functions, with more popular or frequently-used options being given larger icons so they they are quick to find and easy to hit. The right-click menu also houses some very common functions - for example, cropping image is as simple as right-clicking on it and clicking the 'Crop' button which appears.
ConsI am constantly asked if I want to link with and save to OneDrive even in situations in which I don't want to do this (like at work where we have an existing file server system). There are areas in which the streamlining of features appears to have gone too far, such as in the Save menu. Here (in my opinion) it takes too many clicks to reach the file browser so I can select the folder I want to save in. For most uses that is still the best interface and I would prefer to have it appear straight away by default.
May 16, 2019
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
May 8, 2019

“Office 365 provides value and lowers the cost of email ownership”

OverallI have been a user of Office 365 both personally and professionally since the product's early days. I have migrated email from on-premise Exchange servers, Google Suite, and ISP Pop accounts to Office 365. Early on I used 3rd party tools for the migrations. Office 365 now offers (for a little while now) the ability to migrate with no costs (such as using a 3rd party app) and utilizes Azure storage to get the job done. Office 365 is feature rich and truly offers a lower cost of ownership.
ProsTight integration with Microsoft Outlook (unlike other email platforms). This is most noticeable with contacts and calendars, including sharing. The subscription-based model allows for easy updates to the latest Office software while being able to control if those updates should be deployed at all. This helps to keep all users on the same version without the concern of having to buy upgrade licenses and perform a traditional software rollout. The ability to save directly to OneDrive and/or Sharepoint with applications such as Word or Excel is extremely valuable and is a great solution for small organizations that have no local central storage or tend to save items directly on their own PCs. Email accessability is simple via web, mobile, and desktop. Storage space is sufficient and can be expanded easily (for an additional cost). Tenant management is very easy to use and navigate - most areas are very self-explanatory (help is easily accessible as well).
ConsOffice 365 has matured quite well. Early on, tenant management was a little clunky and over time features have been added. A wish-list item would be wider acceptance for OneDrive integration with 3rd party apps - similar to DropBox.
May 8, 2019
Music, 501-1000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!”

OverallTeams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.
ProsTeams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams) meaning users can meet and share ideas even if they are at home or away from the office. The mobile app allows you to chat to colleagues when you aren't at your desk. If users are part of a departmental team, they can view these teams within the app; they can message other team members, share files, and use other Microsoft-specific apps such as Planner or SharePoint if they have been set up. Meeting scheduling is also available from within Teams, linking up with your Outlook calendar. For administrators, it is easy to deploy and maintain the Teams application using GPOs, and the application itself is self-updating on startup.
ConsTeams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.
May 7, 2019
Chad C.
Non-Profit President
Sports, 1-10 employees
May 3, 2019

“Easy to use Software that is Google Doc's compatible”

OverallOverall, I think that there are many more pros than cons. For a non-profit organization such as mine, I truly believe in this program and the concept behind being able to share docs and sheets with other users. If you are going to use this software when you are not able to get online, Office 365 is by far the greatest program to purchase. Although there are other programs that cost less, the value of the program is worth the extra cost if a company, student, or person can afford it.
ProsThis product is very widely used. The biggest pro of this software is the way in which you can share the spreadsheets online with Google Docs. This simply makes this program the top of the line program. It is nice to be able to create a document or spreadsheet, then share it and not have to email the files and then have others do the same. The convenience aspect is huge with my organization and it is by far the greatest thing about the program.
ConsThis software is quite expensive. I do not like this simply because you can use the same software type for free if used online only. Therefore, the price is too high for most students and casual users. This is the only con to this product as everything else about it is outstanding.
May 3, 2019
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 30, 2019

“Not the Microsoft of the mid 2000s.”

OverallI'm the Dir of Technology for a small independent elementary school. I've seen the trends and frustrations and familiarity on peoples' parts swing from Office to Google and back again. I am often challenged by how much to learn there always is when looking at all of the capabilities, but genuinely enjoy the challenges because I learn something more about how to do my job better. There are small oddities at times that will make you scratch your head because two parts that were developed separately don't quite behave perfectly when they overlap [ Create a "Faculty Notebook" in OneNote / O365 for EDU and you can add other "Admins" to it to manage or contribute. Elevate and Office 365 group to a team and OneNote notebook because a StaffNotebook, but you cannot add another teammate as an admin on it because it originated in Teams and not OneNote. ] These are the sort of unexplainable behaviors that popcorn into the back of your head when you're using getting comfortable with scripting new user account creation via PowerShell in to your Office 365 environment (something I never thought I'd do) and keep you from 100% trusting it even though you can find a hundred ways to apply things in different methods or combinations to solve any problem you throw at it. Long way to say that I love Office 365 which is why it is so frustrating when it falters because I expect better of it.
ProsOffice 365 was a powerful move to the cloud and leveraged the familiarity of the Office Suite with the connectivity and enabling of collaboration on the cloud. At first, the cloud versions of familiar software was rough around the edges and missing a lot of the functionality that people knew in the desktop versions, even if they didn't use them regularly (or ever). Over time, Office 365 has steadily improved its various offerings, added more feature parity between the desktop and online versions and begun to integrate more seamlessly with workflows for a variety of people. With some vision of what "work" looks like outside of generating letter-size pieces of paper with text and images on it, the variety of tools surrounding the classic presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software have introduced new methods for communicating and creating content together.
ConsSometimes the level of options can be overwhelming. Even with a fair amount of experience, it can be tricky to stay on top of changes or know all the ins and outs. The rapidity with which they address fixing problems is also applied often to perceived problems and that can lead to feeling like the documentation is always out of date or non-applicable and no one knows the right or simple answer to things.
David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 501-1000 employees
April 30, 2019

“Office is always up-to-date!”

OverallAlways kept up to date with the latest features and security patches.
ProsI love that Microsoft has invested so much on Office365 (obviously since it's a major bread-and-butter source of income for them). Given this, you really feel that MS has a great and huge team behind it. And so, I love that it keeps on improving over time via the regular updates and patches. Now, I feel that I get the new features soon after it gets released, and I feel secure as well from threats of malware, bad scripts, macros, and what have you. Office365 is the office we have grown up with in the boom of word and spreadsheet processing. This is a must for compatibility issues as most, if not all, of my contacts use MS products. And so, to avoid incompatibilities, or having to destroy the document layout and formatting, better use the same Office365 (and oh, btw, it is also backward compatible for those left behind in the MSO standalone versions). Office365 is also connected to my MS OneDrive, and so all my documents are readily accessible in one place. Also, this allows me to share my documents to other people and to work on them together. Pretty cool.
ConsCompatibility with other word/spreadsheet processor apps out there like LibreOffice and GoogleDocs/Sheets. Why can't they just agree on how to save and handle documents, eh? The closed source nature of MSO365 makes it difficult at time to work with other apps mentioned as it destroys the formatting most of the time. So, I tend to share via PDF, but that is not editable.
JAN MICHAEL U.
United States General Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2019

“Office 365 Actually Helps You to Be More Productive And Saves You Time!”

OverallMy overall experience with Office 365 has been excellent since day 1. I appreciate the ability to install up to 5 licenses, the constant innovation from Microsoft to improve how I can be productive, and overall developing a platform that truly allows me to achieve more :) I fully endorse and recommend Office 365 to anyone and compared to any productivity platform world wide.
ProsAs a Microsoft Office user for 12+ years, Microsoft has done a lot to innovate their productivity platform. In particular, Office 365 has tons of differentiated value: 1. You receive unlimited upgrade rights to the latest versions. No other types of productivity software provides this option. 2. The amount you receive in the suite is amazing... from Outlook to OneNote to Publisher, the Office Suite gives you the tools you need to transform your business. 3. Co-authoring - This is not just Office to help you be productive. This is Office that allows everyone to be productive at the same time. The co-authoring feature allows people to collaborate and work on documents together even if they're on the opposite sides of the world. 4. Office 365 is secure. The concept of no news is good news applies in this case from a security perspective. Microsoft does an excellent job ensuring that their user's data is secure in the cloud, and that alone is one of the most important differentiated value. 5. The UI is easy to navigate through, and I have personally taught both kids and older folks how to use Office 365 in minutes. Microsoft did a great job creating a navigation pane that is easy to go through. 6. Office Mobile is also great. As a mobile user that travels a lot, it's very helpful for me to view documents through my phone and still be able to view and edit the rich features of Office. I can't say this applies to Microsoft's competitors.
ConsThere are a few cons as it relates to Office 365: 1. For those that are finance conscious, the subscription model does not really resonate with everyone. And if you want to buy the perpetual license, it's ridiculously expensive... 2. Skype for Business needs to stop dropping users from calls in the middle of calls. It happens too often, and even though the potential solution is to move to Teams, Skype for Business in terms of quality calls, needs to stand alone and work better.
April 25, 2019
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
March 17, 2019

“All-in-one package”

OverallDefinitely adds value to me as a user and administrator. The companies I used to work for used Lotus Notes and install apps from a CD. It's so convenient having everything in the cloud, and the reports given to you in just a few clicks. It definitely made life a lot easier! Kudos to Microsoft!
ProsWhat I really like about Office 365 is that it has a lot of tools bundled into one product. The prices are quite good for a monthly subscription, especially for non-profits. The licensing strategy is also very convenient, and the admin portal is so easy to use. It comes with all of the best products of Microsoft, and you can upgrade and downgrade anytime you want. It comes with the basics that you need regularly for work - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, OneNote, etc (with 1 TB that you can consume, and chances are, you won't use all of it. Quite generous actually). If you're taking the business license, you get more features like Sharepoint, Teams, PowerApps (I really like PowerApps), etc. When they come up with a new fancy app, for sure, they'll have you play with it, also to see how we receive the new product. I find Office365 easy to use and easy to the eyes. I don't feel like I'm adjusting too much every time they make some changes. Also, Microsoft has such a good reputation, it makes a regular worker feel safe about using it. Over all, I'm very satisfied with Office365. I've been using it since 2014.
ConsIt has too many products that you might not end up using. But hey, take it as a free software!
March 17, 2019
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
March 3, 2019

“Central Online Location for all Microsoft Products”

OverallMore time is saved with Office 365, which in turn leads to better results because more effort is available for completing the actual projects versus figuring out how to execute them. There is easy access to information about your relationship with Microsoft (products).
ProsOffice 365 is an online central source for almost all of the Microsoft products. The key here is that you can use the programs you own on another device that may not have the program installed on it. Certain projects and situations and other Microsoft programs are better suited to be used in an online version versus an installed one. When used alongside with SharePoint, for group collaboration, being in an online platform allows for realtime feedback and group work. Need to check your email? It's there. Need to see how the group project is going and give some feedback? That's there, too. Don't have a flash drive with you and on a guest computer? You can directly use Microsoft products on Microsoft without installation. Office 365 is essentially a command center and online version of Microsoft products.
ConsThere is trouble with accessing Office 365. Some institutions require institution-specific landing pages, and many institutions don't allow you to go through the mother Office 365 portal through the Microsoft website. More agreement with landing pages and institutions as not everyone always has the institution specific link would make accessing the program better. An example is when login information is not recognized. Choosing or being on institution specific landing pages should not alter your access to the product you own or have access to.
March 3, 2019
Jeffrey B.
Retail, 1-10 employees
February 17, 2019

“Microsoft Office 365 for Mac users”

OverallI really only use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, although outlook and OneNote can come in handy sometimes. Microsoft excel is probably the biggest benefit to Office 365. Honestly the biggest benefit I guess would be from the updates that you receive every time there is an update available. I didn't get much use out of the other features of office 365. However, I would like to see more updates for Mac users to make their software more compatible with Mac. It just seems a little bit more buggy on Mac OSX also. Overall I was moderately happy with Office 365 it's useful but it's not amazing for one I don't like paying the subscription fee and for two if I am paying the subscription fee I expect the software to work flawlessly on Mac and it doesn't.
Pros-Excel Macros: For me, I am in the SEO industry so I use Excel quite a bit. I switch off between Google Sheets and excel sometimes there are things where Google Sheets is better such as when I need to use certain scripting (google apps script) for automation. Other times Excel macros are much better. For example, if I need to create macros to manage thousands of keywords Excel macros works much better than Google Sheets. Its a desktop app, so this makes sense. But there is one caveat: It's sometimes buggy on mac osx.
Cons-Buggy on Mac OSX: When I least like about Microsoft Office is it's kind of buggy with Mac OS X. Sure it works fine for everyday use but for my case I like to use Excel macros to automate the handling of thousands of keywords. A lot of times when I have thousands of keywords and I run macros it will freeze on my Mac computer. The application will freeze whereas if I hop all over onto a Windows machine and run the exact same macros it will run perfectly. So situations like this are not ideal for Mac users. The software is just much more buggy and also surprisingly less little feature-rich on Mac. I don't know if it's intentional but I have noticed that it works much better and has better features on Windows. Onedrive is slow: With OneDrive, it seems like an amazing deal - for what you're paying for, but the usability was just not there. It took forever to upload to one drive compared to Google Drive. It was not even usable for me to use in a practical way.
February 17, 2019
Milos M.
Hospitality Retail
Computer Hardware, 1001-5000 employees
February 10, 2019

“Office 365 Pros and Cons ”

OverallBiggest advantage is when you are using it in a large business corporation, easy to access and share files for employees. Easy to communicate and share data within company via One drive and share point and Microsoft Teams.
ProsIt is useful for small and big companies. There are three different packages that you can use, depending on your type of business - small or professional use. Thing that I like most in office 365 is that there is big storage - 50 GB for emails, which is very convenient if you are working with a large customer range and you receive 1000 to 2000 email per day. Second thing is share point online where you can upload and share your documentation with people from work, it is very easy to access and update it. You can use it on five different devices - Mac, PC or mobile, which is an advantage if you need quick to send, adjust or upload needed information or any data. One Note is a good option where you can create guides, make notes and it is very handy and easy to use. Also, one drive - cloud storage is 1 TB which is very useful.
ConsIt is not fully accessible when you are working online from web browser, sometimes it can lag or slowly work when is booting with Skype in background. Can't fully use Excel in browser, also there is a difference when you are using document online and in word.There is a big difference in outlook online and in application, you are limited for some options, for example conversation is going into the one email, like in a text message conversation and formatting options are limited, also it will not add auto signature when you are replying or sending emails.
February 10, 2019
Claudia C.
Head Secretary
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication”

OverallPerfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!
ProsI like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!
ConsI don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.
February 7, 2019
deba o.
IT Support executive
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
December 7, 2018

“The one stop software for serious business and office productivity”

OverallI have used office 365 for both personal use and for deployment for clients and I can boldly say that there is nothing quite like office 365 and clients always almost never have negatives except kudos for this suite. Many of them categorically ask for office 365 and won't settle for another. It is a complete catalyst for productivity ouside the pricing.
ProsMicrosoft is excellent in its support for office 365 and whenever I have needs to call on them, they have always responded and even for clients I cannot go to, the support from Microsoft sometimes mean that my input is not even needed to overcome their complaints. There is a staggering volume of effective updates for office 365. I recall having an issue with outlook on a client's platform that resulted in a system crash whenever he tries to access it. He called me and complained and I was supposed to go fix it by the weekend. Incidentally, an update was released that same day and by the time he installed the new update, that issue was magically solved and thus saved me the stress of embarking on that trip. I will never forget that because it was an already hectic period for me. There is 1TB of secure OneDrive storage which comes with a business version of 365 which some of my clients appreciates because it saves the cost of getting additional cloud storage from other vendors. Accessibility is very key in my line of duty and the ability to access word, excel, power point, Skype and use outlook as found in office 365 domiciled on my pc and in the cloud anywhere I am, gives me the confidence to take on many tasks. The collaboration tools like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams is useful for teamwork and integration of processes amongst departments of large organizations. Another amazing thing about office 356 is that the developers are consistently improving on the application.
ConsIt is a very bloated suite and many clients don't make use of up to 50% of the functions embedded in it. The suite is not completely available on some platforms. For instance, I once tried to deploy it on a client's MAC only to find out that Microsoft publisher was not available. Maybe it is just me but I think the pricing for office 365 is incredulous when compared to similar suites. For slow internet, the online application for programs like Access and excel is going to test your patience especially for large tables and data.
December 7, 2018
Tom C.
Senior Leasing Agent
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
December 4, 2018

“Let Me SWAY You Toward Office 365”

OverallCollaboration with One Note. Getting colleagues to express themselves through Sway. OneDrive is a lifesaver.
ProsThe Business App world can be confusing. I get it. There is a great deal of speciality in the BA world and it's hard to know what products to even trial nevertheless purchase or commit to long-term. I don't know why everybody doesn't start with Office 365. It's so all-encompassing and helpful you'll even want to use it during a Leap Year when there are 366 days in a year! Word, Excel and PowerPoint are the sine qua non of office document production. We've all used them and we all like them. Now you don't have to be a rich big-shot to own Office so the products are fully accessible and cheap. If you haven't worked with Microsoft Sway yet, you're missing the boat in conveying your concepts and ideas to a larger market. Sway is like PowerPoint on steroids. Sway was created to convey concepts quickly, easily and clearly. The biggest difference is that Sway was designed to express concepts digitally, onscreen, rather than to an audience. Sway has all the templates and creative assistance you can ever need. Give it a try. Trust me. It's a great example of where Microsoft is headed in my opinion. I use OneNote as a brainstorming and organizational drain for all of my business ideas and projects. Its ease of use is legendary. Your contacts, email, storage and now video conferencing and calling with Skype is really all you need. Do us all a favor. Start with Office 365. It's your one stop shop for productivity. You'll look smarter than you really are.
ConsIt bugs me how Skype runs at startup right away. I'm not a computer pro. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to stop it. I use it all the time. I just don't want it popping up right away.
December 4, 2018
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Office 365 Review”

OverallOverall, cloud technology is appreciated from a convenience perspective. Also, constant updates provide smooth operating experience. This comes at a cost though. I've also found the web based apps to be less streamlined than the desktop apps. Overall, the shift to a subscription based model was not a necessary shift by Microsoft for the consumer. More of a move that benefits Microsoft. That said, product is still robust and well produced and supported.
ProsAccessibility is the biggest asset of Office 365 for the user. The ability to use a computer as a platform to reach the cloud allows for interchangeability and access from anywhere. Having less desktop applications has allowed me to cycle through our corporate computers seamlessly as no data is actually stored in my hard drive (3 computers 3 years.) The mail app also runs smoother in the web browser when you are sharing calendars. This function used to consistently crash our computers when sharing a calendar on the Outlook Desktop Application.
ConsOverall, I like Office 365 much less than I like my Windows Desktop Application Suite. Specifically, there is less functionality in the web based apps. I like several windows open in Outlook which is easier accomplished within the desktop app. I also do a lot of work without access to WiFi. Desktop Apps allow you to at least create content which can then be shared upon access to internet. Our office internet is also very slow and unreliable. We try and reduce the amount of reliance on web pages. I think it will be hard to ever have the full functionality that a desktop app has, but this is a good temporary solution to access your email or word docs on the move. Pricing - Office 365 is now subscription based. You used to be able to buy a license and only pay again when you wanted to upgrade. Now you get constant upgrades, but this comes at a cost.
November 13, 2018
Ricardo Andrés P.
inspectro de seguridad
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
October 24, 2018

“MICROSOFT OFFICE INDISCUTIBLE LEADER”

OverallIn the case of Office 365 Profitability, which allows to optimize the efficiency and productivity of the organization due to the control and ease of management allowing any person with access to share information from any place or device, thanks to the cloud "we work from anywhere" and "Team work" regardless of time zones
ProsWith nearly 25 years in the Windows universe, despite the fact that there are free Office software alternatives, Microsoft Office continues to be the most widely used on a global scale among users and customers, whether at the corporate or personal level, none of these tools has arrived. to pose a threat to the reign of Microsoft Office, The Redmond company now offering services for the Microsoft cloud based on a subscription model, with desktop applications for Windows that include Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Access, and One of its innovations is that they allow the collaborative edition of documents and teamwork, this is a great step from the suite to a set of applications where tablets and smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems can access these documents through web applications that Microsoft has released so that users can temporarily use a document of the classic tools of Off ice: Word, Excel and Power Point, boosting productivity in an increasingly connected and prepared environment for modern work and collaboration online and in a team within a company or personal level.
ConsIn a Microsoft Office administrative installation, more disk space is used on the server, the amount of disk space required on the server ranges between 100 and 325 MB or more, depending on the version of Microsoft Office, if other programs use your server network or if you use it to store data files, it is possible that the server does not have enough disk space, however, this problem is more due to the limited storage of the PCs than the program itself, what it does have is a cost per license very high, apart from that I find no disadvantages that subtract points in favor of Microsoft Office
October 24, 2018
Daniel B.
Innovation Coach
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2018

“Pretty good software with some unfortunate weak spots”

OverallWe use it as an all-around communication software, and overall it works quite well (despite the minor hiccups described above). Thanks to wikis and planners we can even include some other elements of our collaboration structure in Teams, enabling us to get by with only two software systems: Teams for communications and Scoro for task and project management as well as CRM and billing.
ProsThe basic functionality is quite good. It essentially does what it's supposed to do: It allows you to chat with team members. The direct chat option is pretty straightforward. The option of creating different teams (hence the name) to structure the group chats is quite conventient, because it adds another layer, making it three: Teams, channels, threads (within channels). Notifications are pretty reliable, mentions and activities in channels you follow are logged into an activity feed, which is quite useful. The part where Teams really shines though is the option to add other functions to a channel. The Wiki can be nice, although using it is sometimes a bit counter-intuitive. What's really helpful is the Planner, because it allows you to include kanban-like views of tasks (or other things). We actually use it less for tasks and more for ideas and backlogs of things for the entire team to review.
ConsOne thing that bugs me is an issue that also came up with Slack: You sometimes miss notifications because, when you open the app, you automatically jump into the last channel (or chat) you where when closing it. When you actually want to go to some other place, you might leave the channel, leaving all notifications marked as "read" - but you might not even have noticed there was something new in them! I don't know how to solve this, I only know that it can be a problem. The real downside of Teams is, for me at least, the very limited possibility of your notifications. You can essentially turn them on or off for mentions, channels you follow, and chats. There are some other options, but they are all of the "all-or-nothing" type. I either get notifications (and therefore push notifications on my smartphone) for all mentions, or for none of them. Here, Slack has a much better system. The other thing is the mobile app. On Android, it's just not as reliable as it could be. Activating the "don't disturb" status, for example, does nothing. If I want to turn of push notifications, I need to that completely and manually. Sometimes, uploads don't work. And when I'm on the road, messages might not get through - but instead of sending them once I have a connection, it sits there with warning sign, waiting for me to resend it... kind of an archaic way of dealing with this issue.
September 18, 2018
Maryorie H.
Docente
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 15, 2018

“Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.”

OverallOffice 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events academics; Another program is the Excell that I use to design budget calculations, note control, tables and graphs with results data, among many other things. In addition to these, which are the most used, I also use the OneDrive that allows me to store information from different management sources in the cloud. The other tools I have also used, not so frequently but it has also allowed me to achieve what I need at certain times. Actually the Office 365 is a necessary tool, and important in the daily life of my work as a teacher and researcher.
ProsOffice 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely used package, and allows you to share information handled through the different tools that it brings with other people, although they have different versions. Effectively the applications that this service brings are the best ones to create, save, and share with other users through the network different types of files, with different applications. And it even allows applications to be combined
ConsSince I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.
September 15, 2018
Carlos J. D.
Project Implementation Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 1001-5000 employees
September 13, 2018

“A complete set of extremely useful programs for work or home”

OverallExcel is what I use the most, and for me it is more than a spreadsheet creating tool, is a mathematical, drawing, statistical, and many more things tool. Besides of using WORD as my document redaction tool to generate documentation for my projects, I also use it whenever I need to check a text redaction for written messages to be sent by e-mail or other text apps since I normally get better grammar suggestions with it.
ProsI will mention a few of these programs to make a reference: WORD offers probably the largest selection of font types on text managing apps. The panel control at the top (Ribbon) is very intuitive and consistent with all MS office tools, you get familiar with it quickly, and also adding numbering, bullets, or other visual helps to improve your document's look is really easy, just highlight the paragraph you are working on, right-click on it and a mini-toolbar will appear so you can select what you need to edit, format, or add. In case of any grammar or typing errors are made, the program has a "real-time" spelling check that suggests spelling and grammar corrections, so your work can have the quality you need. EXCEL is my workhorse, I use it to create tables, make calculations, generate graphs, and also make small programing routines. You could even create your own mini-ERP with this app. POWERPOINT is the data show presentation tool by excellence, you can download multiple templates on line, and interact with it by activating the highlighter and pen features to write on top of your presentation.
ConsOn WORD Sometimes placing inserted images into your text becomes a little tricky, but with a little practice they end up in the right spot. On EXCEL I have experienced some lag between the time you move your cursor in the cells, and when it actually moves, I guess we may be working on-line without knowing it :)
September 13, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“The all encompassing software for business.”

OverallI run into a few hiccups with Office 365 that have been major headaches but at the same time, it has made most of my work easier and more streamlined to do. When absolutely needed, customer support is extremely good at following through as long as it takes to resolve any problem. They definitely stand behind their product which is very important when selecting something that your entire business needs to rely on. When doing anything critical, be sure the software is doing exactly what you want and expect it to do and check however you can before going past a point of no return and you shouldn't have any trouble. One of the biggest benefits of the software is security and easy access when you need it but you could lose both if something wasn't set right or some glitch occurs so just always double check.
ProsEverything is linked together under one family of software and it lets you do almost everything you need to do in an office seamlessly. Microsoft pretty much thought of everything from making sure your documents are backed up and protected (Onedrive), you can easily communicate (Outlook, Skype, Teams), and you can easily share with others and collaborate in real time (Teams, Sharepoint) all securely and relatively easily. Almost every task you want to accomplish can be done in several different included apps and it is all very intuitive. Anything you can't figure out is very easy to find answers to using the new search tool they incorporate into all the software.
ConsSince everything is tied together, if you run into an issue or something doesn't work right, it could be catastrophic. This mainly pertains to the Onedrive feature that you rely on to make sure everything you worked on is backed up. If something goes wrong, which it has on a few occasions in my office, you could lose everything. My only other complaint is there are a lot of settings in different places that could affect how things work and sometimes you can't find the setting you need to change. One case is with the Outlook search function where it doesn't seem to want to search for older emails unless you select a specific date range but that doesn't help if you are looking for something very old and don't remember the date range.
September 11, 2018
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 10, 2018

“Microsoft Office Taken to a Whole New Level!”

OverallOffice 365 brings me the feeling of a modern and digital way of working. The real time collaboration on documents ability is something most organisations could benefit from. Since we started using Office 365 at work, we have managed to reduce sending file attachments and instead collaborate on documents. This makes our work way easier and simpler.
ProsI have never had so much fun with office programs until my boss upgraded us to Office 365 from Office 2013. Imagine having all your office solutions installed in the cloud and being able to work from any where and with any device. You only need to ensure you have an internet connection and login details of your account. And incase you are worried about not being able to access internet all the time you need the application, you can have the app installed on your desktop/laptop. From my personal experience in my career, your documents and files are safer in the cloud than elsewhere. The ability to collaborate on documents should be one of my most favorite things about Office 365. You can create a document, share with your others, and edit the same document in real time - it doesn't create different version of the same document. And In case you need to go back to an older version of a document, the app has the ability to create versions of documents.
ConsThe downside of Office 365 is that it requires some sort of learning curve before you start using it.In order for everyone to be able to welcome the new way of working, the employees need some training in order to incorporate and utilize most of the features that come with it. Otherwise it can be expensive for an organisation to acquire the app and fail to utilize most of its benefits.
September 10, 2018
Jennifer A.
Property Manager.
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
August 18, 2018

“Need a Document? Need to put ANYTHING into report form? Need signs, banners whatever? OFFICE 365”

OverallI use it for everything at work. I manage a small business and we use office every day. I actually have two office programs (word and excel) open on my computer right now as we speak... I really enjoy how simple and concise some of the programs are.
ProsThis is the most versatile program there for doing anything from making a document, creating signs for your business. Office 365 has so many products under one program that you won't need any other programs to create what you need to run your business. You have Word, Excel, powerpoint, onenote, and more... I love to use powerpoint for presentations. It's not only affective, but everyone pays attention when I use it vs. any other standard presentation... The best part? Everyone can use OFFICE 365. Kids use it in school, teachers use it, heck even fast food restaurants use OFFICE 365. I also like that they have a monthly plan that covers all of their programs... That way you always have the most up to date software and you don't have to worry about re downloading or buying new licenses. I don't think I will ever use another program.
ConsThe only thing about this program is that in order to use some of the features, you may need to read up on or ask a buddy how to work them. For example, excel is a GREAT program, you can take any data you have and make it into an easy to understand report, however, if you are not familiar with HOW to use excel, you will struggle. They even have college classes for it. Most of the programs, however, are super easy to learn how to use like word, and powerpoint Those programs you can just kind of play around with and figure out how to use them...
August 18, 2018
Construction, 201-500 employees
August 1, 2018

“Microsoft Office is a Standard for Almost Everyone”

ProsI have been using the Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for over 20 years now. I can't imagine my life without these essential pieces of software. I especially use Excel and PowerPoint on a daily basis with my job. Almost any office job you apply to will require or recommend that you know these. Excel is one of the most useful tools for so many different tasks. I use it almost as a project management software to keep track of the progress of our construction jobs and what records have been sent by all of the sub-contractors. It is incredible what you can do with Excel if you learn how to use all of the formulas and functions built into it. Excel is pretty much a standard for other software to allow integration. I used to give a lot of presentations in college and in my sales career. PowerPoint is very simple to learn and use for this. The ability to copy, paste, adjust and resize images is a very simple straightforward process within the program. I have set up some pretty intense animations within my slides as well. Once you learn how the animations work you can essentially animate your presentation. I am using Microsoft Word right now typing up this review. I am unsure how anybody can go without using word in their lifetime. I am unaware of anything that even comes close to equivalent to Word. This is one of the most basic and fundamental software that everyone should know in life.
ConsIt is hard to say anything wrong with Microsoft Office. The only improvements that would be nice to see is price and a more advanced grammar system within Word. You can't really go without Microsoft office and it would be nice to see the price lowered and easier for everyone to have on their personal and professional computes. A more advanced grammar system in Word with be useful. It could be a feature you were able to turn on and off. I use Grammarly and I would stop using it if Word had something equivalent built in.
August 1, 2018
Stever Jose G.
PMO
51-200 employees
July 18, 2018

“organization and collaboration of work in a single tool”

OverallIt is a software that is easy to handle and helps teamwork to flow faster and more efficiently.
Prosthe use of Microsoft Teams gave us the integration that we were lacking in order to integrate several solutions into one. the way of collaborative teamwork becomes a reality! In our company we have been using it for about 2 years and it has helped us to have a better control over the project's orientation. You can organize each area in a team Within each team you can have different channels each channel is autonomous and has its space for chat (which is very complete with text format options) each channel has an associated email address to receive mail and they are in the same panel as the chat. You have availability to be each channel a site in Sharepoint Online to be able to assemble the library of documents for the documentation of each project or teamwork and can be accessed from teams or via web. we can add wiki, onenote, etc. functionalities complmenetos add on how to add a shortcut tab to Power BI, SP, MS Office, Planner, Jira, Open Agora, Youtube, VSTeamservices etc. which allows us to access any of these tools and more from the same channel. It has a direct Chat integrated with Skype For Business and allows you to have 1 to 1 - 1 to n and make calls and conferences. when creating the team, it has an associated agenda and you can conduct meetings via Skype for business without needing to use the Skype Forbusinees application. adicioanla has notifications, file repository for each chat, I really recommend it as a functional tool for teamwork.
Consthat the conversations when it happens a lot of time to have had them, the files and notes exchanged disappears from the panel, is one of the few things that would change him. the mobile client is a bit unstable, I imagine it's a problem of being so new.
July 18, 2018
Rev. Jason M.
Regional Church Representative (SK) & Peer Coach (W.Can)
501-1000 employees
July 10, 2018

“Fantastic Software for Internal and External Collaboration”

ProsSeamless integration across O365, high quality voice and video chat, sitting on Sharepoint Online base, location for collaborating on online or onpremise Office documents, ongoing updates to user-interface and extras, some customization functionality, dedicated email address for each team channel, integration of non-office365 products, the addition of the "files" icon along the side to see recently used files, "mark unread" function for alerts and messages, tabs to either supported integrations or just a simple website, an ever-growing list of "connectors", app/bot/tab/connector/messaging/analytics/devloper/eduction/human resources/productivity/project management/sales ands upport/social fun, etc. integrations, automatic updates, a browser version at teams.microsoft.com, great integration with Microsoft Planner but confusing if you create a plan in tasks.microsoft.com but then can't see it in Teams, the Microsoft Store is provided more and more useful apps (as many weren't that way over the last 12 months), guest access is fantastic because now external partners that don't have office 365 accounts have limited access to collaboration but I'd like to see it opened up more so that they have membership level permissions, online files are great and it would be fantastic to add version permission as well.
ConsOne can only see 7 days in advance within the calendar, some "meet in teams" calendar aspects clear out randomly, uploaded icons for teams regularly go blank, the website tab is picky sometimes and will disallow long urls forcing to use url shortening services, confusing difference between owner and member (the difference should be noted right within teams so that one doesn't have to find it in a horrible support.microsoft.com website, when a team is created and the name is changed there is no way to rename the corresponding office 365 group and sharepoint online site url, chats that happen in a video call between you and a person don't automatically replicate within the regular private chat feature, tabs need more options and integrations - especially with the rest of the microsoft product lines ... at least give us teams integration to all microsoft products, no calendar (meetings) search function (which is also missing from the iOS version of Outlook, do not disturb automatically shows up even if you're not actually in a video/audio chat - just because it shows up in the calendar because it wasn't cancelled, auto boot when you log out or quit the software (I just want it to automatically boot up on computer bootup not every time I logout or quit the program, "saved" aspects are now in the settings instead of in the purple ribbon along the right (PC), for some reason I seem to log in to office 365 for too many times during the day, current bots aren't very intuitive.
July 10, 2018
P Christopher B.
Office Assistant
Higher Education, Unspecified
July 6, 2018

“A Simple-yet-Feature Rich Program That Ties All of Microsoft Office into 1 Cohesive Whole”

OverallMicrosoft Teams provides a way by which any company can more easily create a system to increase collaboration and real time updates. It has destroyed the middle man called email and increased productivity 100 fold.
ProsMicrosoft Teams has been extremely fundamental in bringing our company together and breaking down silos between different departments. Microsoft Teams essentially allows you to organize and manage different projects while still keeping it collaborative and manageable by everyone involved. A team can be created and each person is given either 'Owner' capabilities or 'Member' capabilities depending on how much access they need. A team can then be broken down into channels which has been the backbone for our company. Each channel allows for simple file management, collaborative updates on any Microsoft Office product, easy chat and conversation, and tagging to assign different tasks to people. Where as previously, everything needed to be sent via email, Microsoft Teams allows everything to update dynamically, removing the middle man. This is the number 1 benefit to Microsoft Teams: the ability to collaborate in real time. While I could go on listing the many features included (phone, meetings, assignments, planner, and app integration being just a few), the power of Microsoft Teams comes into being able to tie everything together into 1 program.
ConsWhile certainly useful, Microsoft Teams is relatively new. Sometimes, it will log you out accidentally, or a file cannot be edited even though everyone has closed out of it, or your access to files changes randomly and can only be fixed by restarting the program. As Microsoft continues debugging, this will hopefully improve, but there is still a ways to go. Furthermore, some features are certainly lacking. Comments cannot be edited. Team or channel templates do not exist yet. Skype for Business is not yet completely integrated. Little things that you would expect to be standard have not been created as it is still a relatively new program. While certainly useful, its usefulness will increase as more updates roll out.
July 6, 2018
CARLOS L.
Presidente
July 5, 2018

“Thanks to office 365 we were able to integrate our work efforts achieving greater productivity”

OverallDo not hesitate to implement it in your business. Office 365 a single software, 365 reasons to use it.
Prosin my personal experience office 365 has been satisfactory, i work in a University. The nature of my organization requires continuous and constant contact with a multitude of multidisciplinary teams. As all organizations, saving is fundamental to provide more resources. Effective communication, immediacy in the access to information and teamwork are fundamental keys to perform our work. Office 365 has allowed us to build an efficient work platform. With a single annual payment we are entitled to a business license that allows us to access office 365 in all the computers of the organization. We have been able to structure all office 365 services in a shared way. For example we have an institutional email through the Exchange Online tool, likewise we support all our documentation in Onedrive, the office cloud that provides us with up to a terabyte of space. In terms of communications we have business Skype, which allows us to hold video conferences, online meetings and shared remote access to desktops from PC to PC. However, what I consider to be a great of office 365 is the online sharepoint tool. which allows us to create sites to share files and large documents between colleagues. We have used it as a kind of digital repository for all our shared data. Through office 365 we were able to articulate our work efforts. it facilitates us to keep track of projects, keep communication in real time as well as a backup of everything we are doing and sharing.
ConsIn my personal experience office 365 has been so satisfactory that I have nothing to object to. I can only say thank you microsoft.
July 5, 2018
June 5, 2018

“I use Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) multiple times daily ”

OverallAs an accountant I rely on excel for so many tasks and it's nice to be able to create professional looking spreadsheets with easy and complicated formulas. It allows me to dial in budgets and projections with minimal effort. Outlook has allowed me to streamline and organize my emails and appointments with minimal effort. Word and PowerPoint have really assisted me with my video training courses and presentations. From writing technical accounting scripts to creating attractive PowerPoint slides for my training videos, I find that Office 365 has improved my productivity and increased the professionalism in my creations.
ProsFor the price Office 365 is a complete no-brainer for me. I leave Outlook open all day/night on my laptop, usually have at least one Word doc open all the time, and constantly use excel (I'm a CPA). I've been using PowerPoint more lately as I've been creating presentations. The software included is well worth the price. Additionally, and I didn't think this was a bid deal when I first purchased, I can have this software on up to 5 machines! This initially wasn't a selling point for me, but this is so useful for me as I have a couple of computers and it's nice to use the same software on each machine.
ConsUpdates can be a drag. I get that updates are needed for the software to run smoothly, etc. But most of the time the update notification comes up when I'm busy working and have word, excel, and outlook open. I'm not sure of a solution, but just thought I'd mention it here. I appreciate improvements to the software, just wish there was an easier, less intrusive way to notify and then update the software.
June 5, 2018
Petros E.
IT Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 16, 2018

“We have been using office 365 education for our school in the past 4 years and we are very satisfied”

Overalleverything is online and offline. easy to deploy easy to learn there are new features constantly is free for education lots of nice tools such as intranet
ProsYou get office online (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, onenote, etc) which is great since you can access it from any device at any time. is not taking too much resources and it has most necessary features. is easy to share documents and you can see the history (who has changed something, when and what). also you can go back. there are a lot of unique features such as onenote for class, planner and forms that helps us a lot. it has a very powerful and friendly interface for user and admin the mobile admin application is great you can share things with non office 365 users. is very secure there is always something new to come few months ago we had a presentation from microsoft here in Cyprus. and i told them that there are two features that they could make their product better. a couple of months later they have implemented the one. they are open to new ideas, and they can respond
Consthere are a lot of changes something that makes things difficult. for example one of my users made a critical error yesterday (he shared a confidential folder with everybody) an he got panic because he couldnt find where the stop sharing option is from the new interface. we had to switch back to the classic view to find the mistake. the mobile admin application which is great perhaps it can be expand to add additional tools. is very handy and practical. i think that there is a tool for online appointments which is only available to the premium business clients. i think that this is a small tool and that it should be made available to the standard and school users as well
May 16, 2018