Octorate Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5
2.5/5

About Octorate

Octorate was born from the idea of proposing a solution that would bring together the most advanced technologies and offer an alternative to the systems used the big integrated hospitality chains. Channel Manager, Booking Engine, PMS, OctoSite, Rate Intelligence and Payment Manager: an all-in-one solution that aim to make it simple, fast and effective the facility management and to optimize the marketing of any accommodation offer: hotels, b&b, farmhouses, apartments, vacation rental. Learn more about Octorate

May 21, 2019

“Lots to complain about”

OverallIf I didn't need the Italian based features I would never have chosen them and if I could get the same features with a different company I would ditch them in a second. Unfortunately, they have a stereotypical Italian lack of customer service.
ProsIt's a sensible, logical, and visually efficient system that would be perfect if it actually worked as well as it ought to. As an Italian company they also provide support for reporting to the Italian authorities and electronic receipts and other features specific to this country, which is a huge time saver.
ConsWell, lots of it doesn't work as it should and it's difficult to get help. Their documentation is often outdated, not translated, or simply doesn't work. The big issue, which has been stated here before, is that their support is terrible. I'll ask multiple questions that only get partially answered after days, and sometimes weeks - some questions have never been answered and I've simply given up asking. We also had connectivity issues at the start which lead to overbookings and price discrepancies. After almost 9 hours that we weren't responded to for this emergency we suspended our own listing on Hostelworld to contain the damage. They deny any responsibility saying that they jumped right on the problem (actually after 9 hours I jumped on it and it took them another week with us unable to receive any reservations). Despite the loss of revenue, the amount of time and aggravation and stress all the issues caused they would never think to even offer 1 cent of a discount as a way to show that our experience isn't normal. Unfortunately, this is typical customer service in Italy and culturally they just don't think anything is their responsibility. We have 2 or 3 channels that remain unconnected. We have a handful of unanswered questions and every few days another support issue. However, they are so slow to respond, and so incomplete with their responses, that you don't want to overload them with issues. So you basically just give up and accept it for what it is.
May 21, 2019
Sabri O.
June 19, 2019

“Best App ever to manage your B&B”

OverallI work with that app for about 9 years now. They're flexible and always helpful when I needed some support. I had a look around and couldn't find another party that offers the same services at a reasonable price.
ProsIt totally changed my life! Very easy to work with. Reliable and stable Very good back office and support Price/quality just perfect
ConsNothing There isn't anything I dislike actually
Alessandro F.
February 8, 2019

“The best " vale x money" Channel manager”

OverallWe have a very good Experience with Octorate. We are satisfied and we reccomend this software!
ProsVale x money. This Channel manager is actually one of the best "vale x money" software in hotellerie and touristic location. We have been using it for 9 years with success in our hotel. It includes also a simple but useful PMS x small hotels, B&B and apartments. Very easy to use. Supports a lot of OTAs.
ConsThe only weakness of this software, in its previous release, was, sometimes (happened few times in 8 years...) processing overload which caused slowness in updating rates and availability. But recently, with the new release, this problem disappeared.
February 8, 2019
Daniel T.
June 19, 2019

“Octorate - simply the best”

OverallI'm an Octorate's user from around 4/5 years , it has always respected my needs.
ProsVery user friendly, intuitive , immediate and fast.
ConsABSOLUTELY NOTHING. OCTORATE HAS ALWAYS SATISFIED MY NEEDS.
Ayari S.
Guest relation manager
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
June 20, 2019

“General opinion ”

OverallThe most important think with octorate is the visibility and forcaste. we can manage the prices by knowing the lowest period ahead so we make promotions for example
ProsThe readability of the reservation and sources.
ConsThe calendar of the octorate app is not as clear as we want
June 20, 2019
ROCÍO S.
Turistic apartments management
January 28, 2019

“DEFRAUDENT!”

ProsNothing to add. Everything was wrong with them
Consi've been working with this Channel Manager for four months, during this period problems didn't stop growing! It is really difficult to contact them by telephon, you can try it for days and days. They have created so many overbookings from the begining, as they didn't make the connections properly with the main booking platforms. They didn't help me with any of these problems and even more I have lost clients because of the issues. Also, I have received reservations which they were not even to my apartments! This has caused me an economic loss. And trust me: THEY NEVER TAKE THEIR RESPONSABILITIES! In several invoices they charged me more than what I should have paid, and they have spent four months to refond it. In my opinion Octorate is an incomptent company, that does not take care of their clients, and irresponsible, that does not assume their mistakes.
January 28, 2019
Toboganes D.
Responsable de recepción
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2018

“The worst in every way”

OverallWe have been trying to implement Octorate software for 4 months, however when we understood it was not the best decision we made, we no longer have the money back. What disappointment
ProsUnfortunately two things captivated us, the user iterface seemed the correct one and the price. But when we used it we began to think, ¨we had made a mistake hire Octorate¨, why, it did not have a great development. Your experience is like the programs or user interfaces 1998, very badly designed.
ConsTHE experience with Octorate has not been the best. 1.Our experience with the software to get ideas, booking.com is our best reference, Octorate only handles texts to show users or guests the characteristics of the rooms, it is absurd to create a text platform when time ago it is graphic and icons to make the experience of the host more pleasant. 2. The second is the tools they have to remove or put the photos that describe the room, the manual tells you can do it, the technical support continues telling you the same thing and finally does not work and you lose hours and days of work, worst. 3.Finally, the payment gateway, they tell us that they will end up with a client and will continue with our implementation of payments, lies, delays. They make you waste your time.
November 9, 2018
Rasmus P.
castle owner
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“a total scam or just italian!”

Overallwaste of money - mandatory monopoly corrupt
Proscould be good if it worked or had people with actual skills actually trying to help you like a normal customer service.
Conscustomer service. can not accept credit cards.
June 25, 2019