NextChapter Ratings

Overall
4.699999809265137/5
4.599999904632568/5
4.900000095367432/5

About NextChapter

NextChapter's web-based bankruptcy software program allows you to prepare Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases on any browser, any device, any time. With intuitive time-saving features, clean design, integrations and firm customizations, NextChapter streamlines everything you need to run your bankruptcy practice in the cloud. Learn why thousands of legal professionals have switched to NextChapter. Try it for free at NextChapterBK.com. Learn more about NextChapter

Morgan D.
May 17, 2019

“Great product and great customer service”

OverallIt helps me keep all of my clients well organized and the interface is way more appealing than the other software I previously used and reviewed prior to selecting NextChapter. The cloud-based system is ideal; now that the app is available it will be even easier to control remotely so I can review and resolve matters with bankruptcy clients while out of the office.
ProsI utilitze the texting feature, which allows automated messages and language tailored to my clients both pre- and post-filing. The fact that it's already integrated allows me to keep track of ALL conversations with clients within their record; also, all Pacer notices are filed automatically, any court or 341 notices are automatically calendared and all of my proofs of claim are saved and I can open them any time (without needing to download them each time they come through); I love the ability to save notes in each individual client record so all of the information I need can be reviewed quickly for myself or my assistant.
ConsI love the software overall; there are a couple of changes that I would make for sake of ease (one example is there is no place to list the trustee for a debtor once the case is filed; this is fairly important for my district and would be nice to make sure this is on the Dashboard and contained within the Client Information). The Next Chapter team is excellent at taking suggestions (I have emailed several before) and updating the local forms or software itself to make sure it is meeting my needs.

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
We're so happy to hear how useful NextMessage has been for you and your firm! And since your review it's great to see there is a trustee field in there now. The biggest perk of being on the cloud is being able to easily implement these requests for users like you. Thanks again Morgan :)
Susan M.
December 14, 2018

“Great Software and Even Better Customer Service”

OverallMy overall experience can best be summed up by saying Next Chapter's Customer Service is impeccable. I used to spend an hour or more to attempt to get issues fixed, and I can't say enough about how great Next Chapter is to work with. We can let them know if there is a problem, issue, or if I have a question about how something works. We get a quick response, and Next Chapter works with us to make sure the solution works not only within the software, but for us specifically. That alone would be enough for me to say "get this product!"
ProsI love that it is completely online, so our firm can access client information, court documents, and client documents from anywhere. The text feature is new for us and both the firm and our clients love it. Being able to set our own fields in a lot of different areas has been really nice, and something we did not have with our prior software. The court notices & calendar features are incredible. I go in and double-check the items, but I have never seen anything missing from the schedule. It's great to know when you can trust your software to get the job done!
ConsThe biggest draw back is the inability to easily run reports on cases filed each month or download a list of all closed clients, etc. From time to time, we have minor issues with searching or loading, but Next Chapter works with us to resolve those issues as soon as possible.

By NextChapter on December 18, 2018
Susan, we are so happy to have you and your firm on board! You have been so wonderful to work with during your transition and consistently make suggestions that can benefit all NextChapter users. We look forward to continuing to work with you!
April K.
April 5, 2019

“NextChapter has come a long way. Would recommend. ”

OverallOverall, I would definitely recommend NextChapter. In the last two years the software has grown and changed by leaps and bounds. I now feel as though I know the software quite well. The program has changed to be much more user friendly and does what it needs to do. It improves every day and I am excited to see all of the things it will be able to do in the future.
ProsThe best thing about NextChapter is the customer support. The team is always available to help with any questions we may have. Additionally, whenever we have made suggestions on things we would like to see with the program or changes that need to be made, those suggestions are considered and a lot of times implemented into the software. The team is constantly working to improve the program and provide quarterly updates to further streamline the process.
ConsI am old school Best Case girl and liked the ease of that program. In my opinion, I have to search a little bit harder to figure out how to do things with NextChapter such as how to have different payment amounts for select months on Chapter 13 Plans.

By NextChapter on April 17, 2019
Thanks so much April! You have been a huge help in improving our software by remaining a committed user and giving us great suggestions. We're so happy to have you on board!
Danielle L.
December 18, 2018

“A Modern Program for the Modern Attorney”

OverallAs with all change, it's been a learning experience! We are a very modern and innovative law practice dedicated to maximizing efficiency and technology. We know that our clients operate in a world of smart phones and the internet, and we want to their experience in hiring an attorney to fit right into that lifestyle. NextChapter has allowed us to do that. Our bankruptcy practice has been streamlined into two simple meetings with an attorney and interaction through the internet at the convenience of the client!
ProsUtilizing the Debtor Portal has allowed me to completely cut out an "input meeting" and save precious paralegal and attorney time. Not only are clients inputting the information that they themselves are most familiar with, they are also scanning in documents that we otherwise would've scanned. The layout of the program is modern and very user-friendly.
ConsThere are still kinks that pop up once in a while, but the team at NextChapter is always ready and willing to fix them in a timely manner.

By NextChapter on December 19, 2018
We're so happy to hear how beneficial MyChapter has been for your firm. We love to hear that attorneys are looking for modern change and find that NextChapter fits into that process. We look forward to continuing to build and enhance these helpful features! Thanks so much!
Todd M.
Attonrey
May 22, 2019

“NextChapter is continuously improving the product”

ProsIt's cloud-based. Best Case might be a better product, but only if you are a one attorney, one computer (that's a PC), one office, no support staff, law firm. But who fits that criteria? And, that's why I switched. Since it is browser based cloud software, I can work on any computer, whether Mac of PC, and I can work anywhere I have an internet connection. It also syncs with Clio, which is synced with Lexicata, which is synced with Call Ruby - enter info once and you've synced across multiple platforms.
ConsWas a little buggy at first ( 2 years ago), but rarely an issue any more. Tech support is always great at fixing it, and they are continuously improving the product and receptive to user-requested changes.

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to review NextChapter! It's always rewarding to see that our continued efforts to better the product have led to reduced errors and now allows us to focus on the fun stuff in the app!
May 22, 2019
Ronald D.
November 8, 2017

“A wonderful product that offers real functionality for cloud based bankruptcy software.”

OverallFreed me from Windows software and all of the compromises that involves. Gives us the chance to be a 100% Macintosh office after many years of hybrid solutions.
ProsWe are all really enjoying using NextChapter. I've uploaded a number of documents that we frequently download and use, including Client Service Agreements, Credit Counseling Instructions, Suggestions of Bankruptcy etc. We tried Cincompass about a year ago and hated it. We were with BestCase for over 10 years but were frustrated that there was no cloud solution for them. Then about 2 or so years ago BestCase announced they had a "cloud solution" which was really a Citrix virtual workstation. While Citrix "worked" it just added a whole layer of confusion and required training for my team; plus it did not have 100% uptime. Plus, it was very expensive, starting per month and almost per month as I added users. This was on top of the BestCase maintenance agreement, which also grew over the years. So NextChapter has been a great improvement for our firm.
ConsThe software has a few growing pains (when compared with BestCase), and you do need to adjust your workflow a bit, but not too much. That's why I give 4 instead of 5 stars for Features & Functionality, but I expect it will continue to grow and improve.

By NextChapter on November 28, 2017
Thank you for the kind words and compliments! You are right that we're always improving and growing, thanks to awesome customers like you!
Joseph P.
Owner, Pricnipal Attorney
August 9, 2019

“Way better more modern bankruptcy software”

ProsThis software blows the doors off of the prior software that our firm used for the past 18 years. More intuitive, data entry and organizational features. Works well on all devices.
ConsThere are some of the features that don't seem complete yet. NextMessage seems like it could be an awesome, groundbreaking way to communicate with clients, but doesn't seem totally mobile compatible yet. Would be great to see and respond to client messages through mobile app.

By NextChapter on September 20, 2019
Thank you, Joseph! We loved meeting you at NACBA and seeing you come by with your iPad already signed up and inputting a case. It's great to watch users catch on so quickly, it makes us so proud of the product! Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks for some NextMessage enhancements :)
April 5, 2019

“Great Cloud-Based Bankruptcy Software”

ProsI initially decided to try NextChapter solely because it is cloud-based. I have tried other cloud-based bankruptcy preparation software and they never quite worked correctly. I love that I can access my cases anywhere and that they are continuing to improve on their product. Almost monthly it seems like there is a new feature or a revision to an old one that makes putting the bankruptcy petition together more seamless and intuitive. Their customer service is excellent.
ConsIn the early days, it felt like some of the features hadn't been fully developed. That has been remedied for the most part.

By NextChapter on April 29, 2019
John - we are thrilled to have you as one of the customers that have been with us since the start. We love being able to release new features and enhancements to our users, especially when our users are the ones to suggest the new ideas to us!
Laurie T.
Finance Manager
August 6, 2019

“Great product and excellent support! ”

OverallExcellent product and staff bailable to assist with concerns and issues that arise.
ProsProduct is user friendly and easy to learn.
ConsInability to pay filing fees directly from software.

By NextChapter on September 20, 2019
Thanks for the awesome review, Laurie! We love having you and the rest of your firm on board!
Jerry S.
December 31, 2018

“NextChapter Bankruptcy Software Review”

OverallCustomer service, within the hours they are open, is excellent. I believe they have improved their response time to reset their software if your bankruptcy filing fails after business hours or on weekends so you can attempt to electronically file again. If you have an emergency filing and have a software issue outside of M-F 9-5 business hours, you may have to wait until the next business day to get your problem resolved or manually file your case. Overall, NextChapter has been great to work with and I highly recommend them.
ProsNextChapter is easy to learn and easy to use. It is web based and can be used on a tablet or even a cell phone with good results.
ConsLike most bankruptcy software, the Chapter 13 calculator and getting secured debt to show up in the correct paragraph in the plan and with the correct treatment can be a challenge.

By NextChapter on January 9, 2019
You've been great to work with as well Jerry! You've made some great suggestions to the app that we've been able to implement and they are always features that can benefit all users. Thanks so much for the review!
December 31, 2018
Amber B.
December 11, 2018

“Paralegal Use Made Easy”

OverallNextChapter has helped to become a better legal assistant. I especially love the fact that I am able to review the means test questions now. It helps me to understand exactly where the information and numbers are coming from. I came into my firm with only financial experience, but no legal experience and NextChapter has helped me to fully understand bankruptcy schedules and how best to help my client.
ProsI love that I can easily work on my client's information with little confusion for the client when working with the portal.
ConsI wish that it was easier to e-file through the software when you have an emergency filing.

By NextChapter on December 18, 2018
Thanks so much for the awesome review, Amber! We already have some districts that can file the remaining documents after an emergency filing with more to come soon. We will be sure to reach out to you directly when yours is up and running!
December 11, 2018
Sean R.
August 9, 2019

“Next Chapter Works for Me”

OverallGood
ProsThe online basis is great for working in multiple locations such as your office, home office, and the court. When there are errors the customer support team usually responds within 5-10 minutes and can resolve the problem quickly. They often implement improvements to the software and add-ons.
ConsSometimes little things are not flushed out but this is usually only for local forms, where there are so many, and the issue just has not been raised. If you update them, they fix it when its possible.

By NextChapter on September 20, 2019
Hi Sean! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience thus far and we look forward to continuing to enhance the product!
Katheirne L.
Leagl assistant
December 18, 2018

“Assessment of Next Chapter”

OverallNext Chapter provides a clean simple bankruptcy prep experience. The staff are friendly, the prices are economical for small firms, and the
ProsThe software is easy to use. It's mostly self explanatory but there are hundreds of recourses available if you get stuck. It's easy to play with the settings so the documents always turn out the way you want. I you do ever get stuck the customer support is on point. I don't believe I have submitted a request that has taken longer than a couple short hours to resolve.
Consit is a baby program, so there are a couple little bugs that pop up occasionally, usually they are fixed by doing site maintenance which slows business down a little but not too much time is wasted.

By NextChapter on December 20, 2018
What a great review! We appreciate this so much and love working with you and the other staff from your firm!
Craig B.

“Awesome Customer Service!”

OverallCustomer serivce outwieghs all with this product. You will not be disappointed.
ProsNextchapter allows for the efficient and accurate preperation of cases.
ConsNextchapter does not auto popluate figures with the court during the amendment process.

By NextChapter on September 20, 2019
Thanks for this great review! We're glad you've been able to be a part of all of our improvements the last couple of years and look forward to many more - including amended filings in your district very soon!
Chad J.
Owner / Attorney
May 8, 2018

“Very good experience, they are very accessible whenever I have a question ”

ProsVery methodical step by step process for preparing a petition. Also the speed is great, updates in one area immediately change the calculations in others. I have used other cloud based software where there was a lag and sometime you had to close out and reopen to see the changes. Not with this program.
ConsCurrently how the forms print out, it currently simply puts the data into a standard pdf so the forms do not adjust to the data being imputed (they are not dynamic) but with the direction this company is going I know this will be changed soon.

By NextChapter on May 15, 2018
Thanks for being such a great user, Chad! We have definitely taken your feedback into consideration and we're so happy you are confident in the direction we are heading!
Anthony V.
November 26, 2017

“Quality platform for preparing bankruptcy petitions and schedules. ”

ProsEasy to use; current forms availability; one of the first companies to offer a remote site to prepare filings.
ConsThere is the usual learning curve to understand how the information posted gets used in the forms. Also, the forms need further tweaking to make sure all the info that is posted makes its way into the form. But NextCahper is always improving the forms and welcomes input.

By NextChapter on November 28, 2017
Thanks for the compliments Anthony! You are right that we always welcome input and we've decided to add a few more informational tooltips for users to see the relationship between the software and the forms. Great suggestion!
November 26, 2017
Lisa T.

“NextChapter Review”

ProsThere have been good updates on the credit report integration. The software is relatively user friendly and has helpful instructions. The preview feature is great as well as being able to download drafts. I like the ease of filing amendments as well.
ConsThere have been issues with the chapter 13 plan which are usually resolved by reloading the page several times. Some features are not yet available for the district in which I practice. I would like to see more additional documents able to be uploaded along with the Petition.

By NextChapter on December 19, 2018
Thanks for being such a valued customer and for the review, Lisa! Look for an email from us as we are happy to help you be able to file more documents with your petition :)
Kate B.
Bankruptcy Paralegal

“Made my job easier!”

OverallWe have found that our speed in preparing petitions has increased, therefore making it easier to increase our caseload and productivity.
ProsThe intuitiveness of the software makes it easy to prepare the bankruptcy petition step by step.
ConsThere are a few items lacking, but the company is very good at asking for feedback and working to add features.

By NextChapter on April 17, 2019
Thanks Kate! We're so glad to hear that NextChapter has been able to make your job easier and your petition prep time faster. We always appreciate you providing feedback and new suggestions so keep 'em coming!
Curtis C.

“Best move I've made. ”

OverallOverall this is the best move I've made in nearly a decade of practice. It has enabled my practice to grow without the additional cost of more staff by making it easy to work from home and on the road.
ProsThe ease of use and convenience of the web base software are un beatable.
ConsThe sync between Clio and Nextchapter was a bit glitchy but the nextchapter crew were diligent to help us solve it.

By NextChapter on April 17, 2019
"Best move I've made" is music to our ears! You and your staff have been such great additions to our customer base. Thank you for the kind words and we're thrilled to have you on board!
Matt M.
Managing Attorney

“Excellent customer service!”

OverallThis is my first year using NCBK. I've been blown away by the incredible service and how quickly they respond to issues or questions. There are some glitches with the system which is to be expected for a newer product but what is more important to me is that they respond and address any issues quickly. To be fair, some of what I've thought were "glitches" were really user error on my part and they have always done a good job of walking me through the solution. I will be staying with NCBK!
ProsIncredible response time and customer service. Cloud based system that allows me to use just my Mac (a first for BK software).
ConsChapter 13 plan could use some improvement.

By NextChapter on December 19, 2018
You're the best, Matt! We're so happy to have you and your firm on board!
Jann W.
Owner / Member
November 17, 2017

“While a new program, it is catching up quickly and is easy to use.”

OverallGood value for my small upstart law firm.
ProsThe fact that it is a web-based program is great. It is easy to use and you don't have to enter things in multiple areas.
ConsI wish that you can print the informational screens and the comments. I also wish that you can file subsequent documents directly from the program.

By NextChapter on January 23, 2018
Love your feature request Jann, and definitely submitting it to our dev team. Thank you so much for the compliments! For our Winter '18 release, we added the ability to print the informational screens!
Timothy M.
Attorney and Mediator
May 16, 2018

“NextChapter has made it easy to prepare Petitions for Bankruptcy without double entry!”

OverallEfficiency and ease of use.
ProsDoes not require double entry of information as every other software does. The software is intuitive and easy to use. It is actually accessible on a smart phone, tablet, and computer. The automatic obtaining of ECF documents is timesaver as well as available to review electronically if you don't have access to your file. The online help is very quick to find where to enter data if it is not self evident. Customer support is very responsive and actually care comparative to other companies.
ConsAt this time, ECF is only the original documents being filed and not subsequent documents. The debtor portal is not a good value add as clients cannot continue to add documents after downloading the information.

By NextChapter on May 24, 2018
Tim - thanks for the review! You'll be happy to hear that we have some new features in the works that will make the filing process even easier. We so appreciate your continued support and love having you as a NextChapter user!
May 16, 2018
Will G.
Partner
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
May 20, 2019

“Great Cloud-Based Solution”

OverallExcellent. Would highly recommend to any bankruptcy attorney.
Pros1. Cloud-Based. 2. Ease of Use. 3. Quick Customer Service. 4. Consistent improvement of software.
ConsNo ability to directly edit schedules; however, they have listened to this

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
What an awesome review, Will! You've been such a wonderful and loyal NextChapter user and we're so happy to have you on board!
May 20, 2019
Nicole M.
April 8, 2019

“Newcomer”

OverallCustomer service is great, when I do run into a problem, I have been able to contact a real person who walks me through the steps I need to accomplish my task.
ProsWe are new to this program, however, I do like that when I enter information in one area, it carries over into the schedules that the same information is required. I also like the fact that once you are ready to file, the program alerts you to information not entered, but necessary to file, so you can go back and correct.
ConsI like to be able to how much of an exemption I've used and how much remains. Right now, there is no print out available to show me exemptions used and remaining amount in each exemption.

By NextChapter on April 29, 2019
Thanks for the review, Nicole! It's been a pleasure working with you as you have been transitioning to NextChapter and we're so happy to have you on board!
April 8, 2019
Athena I.
August 8, 2019

“Forward-Looking”

OverallOverall, it's been a good experience.
ProsMy favorite thing is that it's web-based and dynamic. All the information is available to me wherever I am in the world. The developers are constantly improving and making changes to the software. Anytime I've called in, customer support is immediately helpful or has addressed my question with a solution.
ConsThe forms aren't as crisp as I would prefer but I believe they are working on it.

By NextChapter on September 20, 2019
We're so happy you decided to make the switch to NextChapter! We love that you are local and we're able to support each other. Your dynamic forms are coming very soon, and so much more after that!
August 8, 2019
Tori B.
May 17, 2019

“Good value and interface”

OverallI previously had Best Case which was not on the cloud and was dependent upon in me being at my computer or log in remotely to my computer. It makes it a lot easier to do bankruptcy petitions from anywhere. The customer service is good. I just wish there was phone support more readily available.
ProsIt's cloud based and has ability to keep documents and notes in the case dashboard which are at your fingertips.
ConsThe pay stub and tree feature which also affects the means test features. I'm going to have to work on it more to get familiarized as it's different from other software I used.

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. It's always great to hear how our users are able to access their cases from anywhere, at any time! We have numerous webinars dedicated solely to income and means test and if you still have questions after, our support team is more than happy to schedule a call with you!
Kristi F.
Chapter 13 Legal Assistant
May 8, 2018

“Our office switched from Best Case to Next Chapter. The input of bankruptcies is so much easier now!”

ProsIt is so easy to input a client's bankruptcy with them sitting in front of you. I can have an entire petition ready within 30 minutes of meeting with the client.
ConsIt took a while to get used to how you have to review petitions with Next Chapter. Now that we are used to it, we love it!

By NextChapter on May 15, 2018
We're so happy to have you on board! To hear that your petition is ready within 30 minutes is music to our ears!
Jenna R.
legal assistant
April 16, 2019

“Good for a start, but does take some time to utilize.”

OverallWe appreciate the online based system. There are ALOT of tweaks this software still needs to fix especially in the Chapter 13 plan.
ProsCustomer support is very helpful and responsive.
ConsInability to fix their issues that have been brought up.

By NextChapter on April 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to review and work with us, Jenna! We are always open to improving out software and are happy to continue making sure NextChapter fits all of your needs :)
April 16, 2019
Lin M.

“Changing to NextChapter”

OverallOnce I got used to the software, we really like the fact that information syncs up with Clio and that we can have multiple users have the same cases on all devices. It has really helped keep up with contact information and disbursement of information to our clients by all members of our staff.
ProsI love the ease of inputting the income and expenses. No more calculating the taxes and medical deductions.
ConsAfter filing, the case number does not transfer to the plan form. Also, the several steps necessary to get the rest of the documents filed with the Court.

By NextChapter on December 20, 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We really enjoy having you on board and look forward to being able to help add in some new features that will help ease your post petition filings in the coming year!
Stephen B.
attorney
November 1, 2017

“Probably the best program out there. Far exceeds Cin Compass. Tech support is excellent. ”

ProsRelatively simple to use. Far superior to Cin Compass. As I mention, tech support is very good. The company modified the program to add Notice Only for parties, per my request.
ConsCan be challenging to locate where to add, say, a dog or a parakeet. Bit of a learning curve. Some categories can be confusing. I would like to see a function that reviews the schedules and points out incongruities, or when the debt limit in chapter 13 is exceeded.

By NextChapter on November 28, 2017
Stephen! Thanks for the awesome suggestion on a more sophisticated review feature. We will add that to our roadmap. We're always finding ways to improve from our user suggestions - as you know since you've given us great ideas already!
November 1, 2017
April 12, 2019

“Great Product and Customer SUpport”

OverallIt's an amazing software to use when preparing petitions. It makes everything so easy to use and takes the guesswork out.
ProsThis product is so easy to use. All you have to do is put in the information. I love that is syncs with Clio Manage. They are the perfect pair! Customer Support is amazing. If I have any problems at all, they are on it right away and will not rest until the issue is resolved!
ConsThere can be some issues with syncing with Clio Manage, but like I said before, their support staff is great at getting them fixed ASAP.

By NextChapter on April 29, 2019
What an amazing review! We love when our users are able to fully take advantage of our integrations, that's great!
April 12, 2019
Andrea H.

“Great innovation! ”

OverallI am sticking with Next Chapter because it is easy to use and the team is always updating the product. Also. The debtor portal is a huge timesaver and clients like it.
ProsI love that it is cloud based and the entries are in a logical order.
ConsSometimes their are kinks in the software but the support is very responsive.

By NextChapter on December 20, 2018
Andrea - thanks so much for the review and for the being such an awesome supporter! We're so happy to have you as a user and look forward to continuing to enhance both MyChapter and NextChapter :)
Deano W.
Legal Services, Self-employed
November 22, 2017

“Brings Bankruptcy Filing Right to My Desk”

ProsAllows me to fill in those parts of the form that matter most at intake while the program completes everything else in the background.
ConsThe a la carte services like credit report integration can add up if you pay on a per client basis.

By NextChapter on November 28, 2017
Deano! We sure appreciate your support over the past couple years and thanks for the kind review!
November 22, 2017

“Clean and logical.”

ProsThis software feels centuries ahead of others that I've used. Bankruptcy is complicated enough without the headaches of software.
ConsSome of the relationships between where the questions are and where that filters to the paperwork are confusing. The documentation is excellent luckily, but I have to check it more often than I'd like.

By NextChapter on November 28, 2017
Thank you John for the kind words! We definitely do our best to make sure it's the easiest, most intuitive, and user friendly bankruptcy software out there! And thanks to your suggestion, we are going to add more informational tooltips to guide users through some of the relationships between software and paperwork.
Maria A.
Secretary
May 15, 2018

“I've had a good experience using this software, even without 1st taking the time to learn it ”

ProsI like being able to use this software from any computer and any location. Also, great customer service and tech support
ConsI wish there was some way to customize and or augment at least some answers, specially in the SOFA section, as my boss is the "add-on" king.

By NextChapter on May 23, 2018
Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Maria! We are so happy to hear that the software was easy for you to catch on to. Be on the lookout in the future for additional customization in the forms!
Leah J.
May 8, 2018

“NextChapter is the best bankruptcy software I've ever used.”

OverallEverything about NextChapter makes my job so much easier and I am able to complete tasks much quicker and more efficiently.
ProsNextChapter has made completing Bankruptcy Petitions and Schedules so much easier. The program is intuitive and efficient, and is a great help to anyone that regularly prepares bankruptcy filings.
ConsI have no negative feelings about NextChapter and I have never had a bad experience when using the software.

By NextChapter on May 15, 2018
What an awesome review, Leah! We love hearing that the software has made our user's jobs easier!
Sean P.
President, attorney at law
May 1, 2018

“Good software. It is fairly easy to use and quick to learn. ”

ProsThe software does not require special downloads and is accessible from any platform. The customer service is excellent and they are quick to respond to questions.
ConsThere are still a few problems, such as finding out where to enter certain things on the statement of affairs so that it lines up properly with the number.

By NextChapter on May 4, 2018
Thanks for being such a great customer, Sean! We developed the SOFA Review section for a quick and simple way to answer all things SOFA but if you have any additional suggestions to make that easier, we are happy to hear them :)
Timothy S.
May 17, 2019

“Great time-saver for busy solo”

Pros*Disclaimer: I am extremely tech saavy The set up and integration to my other tools took minutes. I have all of the options and they make gathering information, organizing, and tracking unbelievably easy.
ConsThere are a couple of menus that are not intuitive and sometime it takes me a few clicks to recall how to update a few values.

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
What an awesome "Pro" description! It's great that a tech savvy individual was able to get all set up and integrated within minutes. That's music to our ears!
Kenneth F.
May 15, 2018

“Very well thought out program. The team is very responsive to suggestions and updates. ”

OverallSaves time.
ProsThe software is developed in a logical format. It reduces time consuming double entries. I love that I had direct contact with the people who made the software. Fantastic customer support.
ConsSince the software is relatively new, there are a few things that can be improved upon. With that being said, the only way to find out is with use of the program. I found one flaw and it was remedied within a couple of days. Hard to say that it is a con.

By NextChapter on May 23, 2018
What a fabulous review, Ken! So much thought is put into every move that we make here at NextChapter so it's wonderful to see our users notice that! The perks to being a newer and cloud-based software is that we get to make changes quickly and always enhance our product.
Ashley A.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
November 10, 2017

“The customer service is great! If you need something you can actually talk to someone very quickly.”

ProsThat it is very user friendly and easy to navigate through. The first time I used it, it was pretty simple to be able to figure most things out on my own.
ConsSince it's a newer program, there are some things that just haven't been added yet which is understandable. One for example, is being able to exempt for joint debtors separately, rather than all be exempted under "Debtor 1".

By NextChapter on January 23, 2018
Ashley! For our Winter '18 release, we added in your exemption suggestions! Thanks again for your support this past year.
November 10, 2017
Sevan G.
November 8, 2017

“The iPhone X of Bankruptcy Software -- i.e. they are SO ahead of the game and competition! Must Try!”

ProsSo intuitive, so easy and cuts down on my time. The credit report integration helps a lot and the e-file is amazing.
ConsThe exemptions dropdown window -- can be simplified. Currently the dropdown contains both 703 and 704 exemptions and very confusing and hard to find the one I want to look for.

By NextChapter on January 23, 2018
We are happy to have your support Sevan. Thanks to your suggestions, we have updated the exemption capabilities for our Winter '18 release. Thanks for being a valued NextChapter customer!
Jay Y.
Partner
May 15, 2018

“It makes filing as petition easy.”

ProsThe ability to put the information in once and the ease of filing with the Court. I can be located in any of our offices or the clients location and can file a petition with the client in front of me from anywhere.
ConsI have not found a con yet. The clients are very impressed with the ability to file from wherever we are meeting.

By NextChapter on May 23, 2018
We love to see that your "con" is actually a "pro!" Thanks for the awesome review :)
May 1, 2018

“Good move from computer software.”

OverallAbility to work and share the file with a client and/or colleague at locations outside the office.
ProsThis was only my second foray into web- based applications (Dropbox was my first). It has been a very positive experience. The software is well designed, and pretty complete. It takes a bit of getting used to, but not in a overwhelming sense. The advantages of being able to pull up your application and case from locations outside your office is strong.
ConsI don't think that I have any specific issues with the program. It does take a bit of getting used to it, like any new installation. The company goes out of its way to offer assistance in making the transition.

By NextChapter on May 4, 2018
Thank you for your great review John! We're so happy you are able to take advantage of using NextChapter outside of your office :)
Neil R.
December 1, 2017

“I'm very glad I found NexChapter. Much better than the bankruptcy software I'd been using. ”

ProsIt's very comprehensive. The company's on-line support has been great every time I've had to ask for help.
ConsBecause I don't file a lot of new bankruptcy cases, navigating the software is sometimes still a challenge to me.

By NextChapter on December 4, 2017
We're glad you found us too Neil! We're here to help with any questions you have navigation the software. :)
December 1, 2017
Tyler S.

“Have Not Used Long”

OverallIt is a good value for the money. I think once I get used to it, it will be easier to use.
ProsIt is cloud based, and relatively easy to follow.
ConsSometimes it is hard to tell where the software is pulling information from. I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth from section to section to try to figure out where certain information came from.
Jessica J.
December 12, 2018

“Very happy with NextChapter”

OverallMy experience has been fantastic. The online chat support is very helpful and they answer very quickly.
ProsThe program is very easy to use. The customer service support is outstanding.
ConsThat no amendments can be filed directly from the program.

By NextChapter on December 18, 2018
Thank you - what a great review! We're so happy to have customers like you on board and will be make sure to let you know when the ability to file amendments in your district is live. Hopefully soon :)
December 12, 2018
James B.
June 12, 2018

“Filings was very easy. ”

ProsThe product is extremely easy to use. I really enjoy the ability to work on the cloud. The pricing tiers are extremely helpful to solo practitioners, and fees are waived for pro bono work. The support is extremely prompt, professional, and helpful. I H=have not filed a chapter 13 yet with the software, so I cannot speak to this.
ConsNot really much to complaint about. Can be tedious switching between State and Federal exemptions, but not too bad. Designed more like turbotax as opposed to filling out forms. Not necessarily a bad thing.

By NextChapter on June 13, 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review, James! We are so happy that you are able to use us for your pro bono work and look forward to working with you more!
June 12, 2018
Richard B.

“Intuitive, fast, easy!”

OverallLOVE IT!
ProsThis product is everything I wanted the other bankruptcy software to be! It is intuitive, from beginning to end it just flows naturally, no guesswork trying to figure out where to put something. It's fast! When you are moving between forms there is no lag and I have a slow internet service. It is easy to use. When you do have a problem not only does the search actually work, the chat works too!
ConsThe only negative I know of is they came out with an Apple App and not Android first! But the mobile web site works so well that I am not sure it matters!

By NextChapter on June 17, 2019
Thanks for the great review, Richard! You've been a complete pleasure to bring on board to NextChapter and we're happy to have you!
Victoria O.
NYSC Associate
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2019

“Very good software and easy to use”

OverallMy experience with this software has been very good and it as made life so much easier for us.
ProsThis software makes organising and filing bankruptcy case. It been web based makes it very easily accessible in the office and out of the office. The software interface also makes it easy to upload the necessary document required whilst ensuring you don't miss anyone. I also enjoy the regular updates made to the application
ConsFor now there is nothing really that i don't like about this software i honestly couldn't as it has worked perfectly for us
July 19, 2019
Mindy A.
November 28, 2017

“I have had an absolute great experience using this software! It's very functional and easy to use!!”

ProsI gave it 5 stars because I like everything about it. My favorite part is when you have to change something like an amount and it changes it in every place. Another feature I like is you can easily save creditors and collections agencies for use in future cases if the name and address are the same.
ConsJust like learning anything new, there is a learning curve at the beginning. But there are several people that can help if the answer cannot be found it the very extensive Help feature.

By NextChapter on November 30, 2017
Thanks so much for your ongoing support Mindy! We are so lucky to have customers like you :)
November 28, 2017