Venngage Ratings

Overall

About Venngage

Graphic design software for creating posters, reports, infographics, and presentations. Learn more about Venngage

Dora D.
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2018

“Venngage is a powerful business tool. The quality of my client visuals has increased exponentially!”

ProsThe most valuable aspect of Venngage is more than the software itself, but the amazing user support I get as a subscriber! I find the weekly emails from the Venngage staff alerting me to new ways to use the templates in Venngage priceless!! Those guides help me focus my thinking, give me great inspiration for how I can illustrate my message in a compelling way and increase my confidence in developing visuals. This service really sets Venngage apart from similar tools I've used like Piktochart, Lucidchart, etc. I have found that the concepts I've learned from the Venngage team, I can apply to other apps as well (e.g., Word, PowerPoint). I also like the variety of templates available, and that I can "deconstruct" a template and understand how the infographic was designed so that I can create my own version of it as needed. The way the templates are categorized really help to guide the user to the best visual to use for the message being delivered. I will be a long-time user of this software.
ConsI wish more of the templates were formatted for a standard letter sized page as often I'd like to include them as a part of handout or physical file of resources for clients. The long infographic templates, display the most information which is great for web-based sharing of information, but they are difficult to replicate if you want to share a physical version. Despite the number of icons available, I still encounter situations where I can't always find the right icon to illustrate my message and have to use other sources, e.g., Icon Finder, to identify the most appropriate visual. I do think the monthly cost of Venngage is pricey. I do recognize the annual cost would provide me with some savings, so I'll be exploring that but as Venngage probably realizes, for SB's managing cashflow if key so an large cash outlay for the annual subscription can be prohibitive when balancing that expenditure with other expenses.
May 2, 2018
Tiffany S.
Learning Experience Designer
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
February 22, 2018

“Venngage is easy to use, has a diverse library, and is a great value for the price.”

OverallProfessional looking materials. Better communication with employees using visual elements. Helps to increase their overall engagement in whatever process or concept that is being communicated.
ProsThe templates are amazing. They really help to spark creativity and are easy to adjust to my particular needs. And since they are constantly adding new templates, I can always find something that works well for my project. I also love the icon library. They are so many icons to choose from and 99.9% of the time I can find exactly what I need without looking at other stock image websites. Lastly, the learning curve is not very long. I feel that I became proficient at using Venngage in a relatively short period of time and the results have been that my work looks more polished, more professional in a shorter period of time.
ConsI wish there were more alignment options. There is a snap to guide but I don't always find that as user friendly especially when I have multiple items on the graphic. I'd like to be able to select two or more items and then click "align to left" or "align to center." Also, it would be great to have a distribute horizontally and a distribute vertically option. This will allow me to ensure even spacing between objects.
Russell P.
Teacher and Consultant
E-Learning, Self-employed
February 5, 2019

“Venngage is a decent option for teachers”

OverallI have been pleased with Venngage and what it has allowed my students to do; however, I think the free version is too limited.
ProsMy students and I have enjoyed using Venngage for poster-making projects and infographics. There's a lot to like about it, especially since it's easy to learn to use and it's very user friendly. My students were creating in no time at all. Venngage offers of good selection of templates to choose from and they are well arranged and filtered when searching for a template type. The offered templates look good - they are well designed, simple, and clean. The templates are helpful in the classroom because it gives students somewhere to start - less artistic students don't have to stare at a blank screen; instead, they are given an idea or motivation to start from and edit. Editing and creating is simple with the drag-and-drop features and layout of the platform. Venngage also offers a good selection of images that you are allowed to use in your projects for free; however, you do not have the ability to upload personal pictures with the free version. Another great features is that it autosaves - this is great for a generation of students that is accustomed to Google Apps automatically saving, at all times.
ConsWhile I've enjoyed using Venngage for a few projects, I do have some concerns. For starters, you cannot upload your own images on the free version (a feature available with other platforms). Beyond that, you cannot download or export images as a PDF or PNG unless you have the premium version. Even though I like Venngage, this was somewhat frustrating to discover as I'd never experienced this problem with similar platforms. You can also only create 4 designs for free and all of these projects will contain the Venngage logo/branding. I must point out that my least favorite things about this software are all "free subscription" problems. From what I've read, if you purchase a subscription, all of my concerns are resolved. I understand - they are a tech company and they need to charge for the awesome product. I've just found other platforms with similar abilities that offer more features for free. I think it would be phenomenal if they'd consider some sort of teacher or education package, but as of now, this is too pricey for educational purposes.
February 5, 2019
Michelle A.
February 23, 2018

“Venngage has good `bones. All the key components for making my products `sing is there at a click.”

ProsTo my surprise and delight, your online support was immediate. I love that as I typed, a little message popped up to say that so and so was looking and waiting for my inquiry. This simple feature instilled me with confidence that a real person was at the other end, ready to assist. Another feature I really like is the vast array of options, across all your templates and icons etc. But even more than this is, I like your labeling system. It makes my searching so easy. The ability to turn on and off various features, such as the `grid is great. I can see whether my text is lined up before I print. This saves me time and money. I also enjoy the fact that I can take your template, but still make it my own. This flexibility again saves me time, but still allows me to personalize my product as required. I find your whole suite of features so intuitive to use. A big thumbs up from me so far. Bravo Venngage.
ConsI like your software, so the tone and intent of my following feedback is to encourage further potential improvement areas. I have two suggestions, based on my recent needs. First: when I save my designs, I would like to be able to copy and paste an existing design I have done and saved. At present, I only seem to be able to edit one of my existing designs. But sometimes I want to keep the earlier version, including its content, but add new content for another client's purpose and save this version too. Second, on some of your templates, I don't seem to turn on the grid feature. Third, I do like being able to embed a hyperlink to, for example, a website. What I want to do is use this feature, save as a PDF and email the PDF doc to a client. Eg a personal letter, with hyperlinks. But unfortunately, unless the letter is published online, for all to see, then this is not possible.
Bethany F.
Marketing Associate
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 22, 2018

“Venngage is a great tool for light graphic design work”

OverallHelped us - in-house marketing team - design polished, stand-out content without a graphic designer!
ProsSo far, our marketing team has been relying on Venngage almost exclusively for day-to-day graphic needs on all kinds of collateral. We'll be hiring an in-house designer soon, but Venngage has been a solid go-to for over two years. I myself am not a graphic designer by any means, but this tool has helped me put together some really polished, stand-out content. Even with a designer on board, I can still see myself using Venngage here and there for stuff I want to put together quickly on my own. It offers a nice set of icon/design options. The templates are good starting points as well, or at least make decent inspiration if nothing else. I find them difficult to customize though and prefer starting with a blank canvas most of the time.
ConsSometimes it's a bit laggy, but you can't really complain for a subscription. Our needs are a bit niche so I'm not always able to find the kinds of icons or graphs I want, but it's usually possible to work something out with what's available by getting a bit creative.
Matt D.
Associate Director of Ministry Operations
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
August 6, 2018

“Images are worth a 1000 words. Venngage allows us to create infographics to visually say something.”

OverallWe have lots of boring, but important, things to get across. Since people tend to avoid reading lots of words, we needed a way to convey the point with images. Venngages easily creates easy to read infographics.
ProsThe style of using infographics to convey a message becomes more easily manageable and understood with the help of Venngage. The templates make it easier for us to generate the best way to convey the message. In our modern times, people tend to pay attention to visual graphics more than words. We took simple things like packing list, and turned them into visual infographics to increase "readership". The free clipart/images are modern and not cheap looking. They match and are themed (similar design) so we can create professional looking infographics. The infographic builder is what-you-see-is-what-you-get, so as you design the image, you can see what the final product will look like as you go.
ConsThere are been several times when I created an image using a certain size page layout, but then wanted to change the size. The process was a little cumbersome to reformat into different sizes and I think it could be made easier. Sometimes the grouping feature (grouping multiple items together to move) can be difficult to use when items are layered.
August 6, 2018
Amrita H.
Content Marketing Coordinator
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2018

“I use Venngage mainly for social media graphics and statistics to support my blogs.It's quick & easy”

Overall- Social Media Graphics - Statistics to support my blogs - General infographics for internal presentations
ProsThe varied options it gives is great along with being up-to-date with trends. For example, Valentine's special templates for the month of February. Secondly, the fact that it is so customizable right from the colors of the gridline to the font of the legend makes it likable. It's made my life easier with the graphs. I used to use powerpoint and excel for making charts/graphs and it was a pain. I also like the options available in icons, makes it quicker for me to not go to a third party like iconfinder.com. I used to use that software to fetch icons and freepik for vector files and merge them in Adobe Illustrator. This software solves all the 3 purposes. Lastly, I love the chat support. People are quick in replying and help solve my queries proactively.
ConsI have yet not figured out how do you undo changes (3-4 layers backward). I am a Safari user and Venngage works better on Chrome so if that could be leveled up, it would be great. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that Venngage uses only google fonts. If I want to export any other font, I do not have an option. Because of that, I switch to Adobe when using other fonts.
Khalid A.
Analyst/ Researcher
February 22, 2018

“I have really enjoyed using this product. It takes a while to get into to learn its capabilities.”

ProsI really enjoy the icon library. I wish the icons available particularly people increased to include more professions, different ages and different races.
ConsPlease expand the icon library (add more people). Also the swatches (number of colors you can save under your brand) is too limited. I work for different companies and I need more colors to save. The upload function for photos is abit cumbersome -> I wish I could just copy a photo from a site or my computer and just paste/drag it. When creating documents that are multiple pages, I find it really annoying to have to click through the little up and down button-> it would be helpful to have an adobe style scroller. The downloading of PDFs sometimes takes too long. Furthermore, sometimes when I download a infographic as a pdf, and I try to edit small typos in adobe> the fonts almost always are janky. It would be helpful to have fonts that are easy and compatible. I wish I could have different pages to have different background colors. Currently I have to create a large box and I have to expand it to cover the entire page and I have to lock it in.
Stephany P.
Senior Instructional Designer
Construction, 201-500 employees
October 7, 2019

“Unexpectedly great tool”

OverallMajor value for the investment. Unexpected benefits to other areas of my work. Must buy!
ProsI researched and requested this tool for my work as an instructional designer. I thought it would be primarily useful for job aids (which it is). What I didn't realize is how much I would use the icons and photos for training materials as well! You can export a document as a PPT file (Beta, but it's worked for me), and I load up the file with all the icons (colored with my company's color palette) that I can cut and paste into my training materials. This is a big deal, as I don't have to hire a graphic artist or buy icons. For my job aids, it's equally helpful. Venngage has a branding feature that allows me to upload all the company logos and color palette info I want. That makes it so easy to grab a template, recolor and redesign, and publish as a PDF. I've been able to create several how-to documents for internal clients and it's amazing (to me even) how quick the process can be and how professional they look! Bottom line: this product makes me look really good.
ConsPer-user license. I'd like to allow colleagues to work on my documents with me but they can't without a license.
October 7, 2019
Stephenie J.
Instructional Technologist
E-Learning, Self-employed
July 22, 2019

“Venngage is a Must-Have”

OverallI have created some really great infographics to share with the Twitterverse and they have been very well received. I couldn't have made anything close without the help of the Venngage templates and designs.
ProsI am so impressed by the templates provided and the ease of use to customize them.
ConsWhile I love that you can organize my designs in folders, I would also like to be able to organize the designs within the folders.
July 22, 2019
Machinery, 501-1000 employees
February 22, 2018

“I use this software for a variety of purposes in analytic learning reports for executive teams.”

OverallVenngage makes creating detailed, informative images very easy. I also create longer infographics for posting and telling stories with data. I mostly use Venngage to create detailed home page images for our LMS and in the creation of e-learning. It just made the image-creation process much easier.
ProsThis software is easy to use, modify, and create unique designs. It has multiple export formats as well, which I appreciate. The colors are bright but not obnoxious. There is a great variety of imagery to choose from and from lots of different industries. I really like that I can use Venngage to create an image as detailed as I like, and simply export as a PDF for someone else to insert in their documents or use as they like. I've had a great deal of success using the charts feature, particularly in learning applications.
ConsI do not like how some features of this program become tricky to modify, particularly the word maps. When you don't have actual counts of words to create a word map, you have to kind of guess how many times it would appear and adjust the number multiple times to make the image appear as you wish.
Ruth C.
digital marketer
March 7, 2018

“Allows me to create awesome graphics quickly and easily without being a graphic designer”

ProsIt's so easy to use, and the live chat people are so helpful. I love the versatility as you can upload your own pictures or use theirs, plus they have a load of icons you can use to create really professional-looking graphics super fast. You can also make graphs and basic polls really easily too.
ConsAs I use it a lot, I often think of features that would really improve the software if they were added. I suggest them to the live chat people but they rarely actually happen, which is a shame.
March 7, 2018
Reshma A.
Regional Organizational Development and Culture Specialist
February 23, 2018

“I have been using Venngage for 4 years now, and I LOVE it for all my work.”

OverallI am able to do all my work, and we at CARE have used it for everything from conference bag designs to big timelines that we use at huge conference meetings. The charts have helped us with our infographics especially since previously, this used to be so expensive. I use it often and train our teams on using it in East, Central and Southern Africa but now I have been asked to train other parts of the organization to use it too - so in two weeks I am running a training for our Asia countries.
ProsI LOVE everything: 1. Templates for everything 2. The maps that we can customize 3. The various ways flags are presented - I use the thumb flag icon so much! 4. The ability to download in different formats. 5. I really like the new Teams function and the folder function
ConsThe slowness of going back to previous edits. I have to click and wait for a load to get back to the previous design. Also, moving the boxes around, whether it's text or image, is sometimes hard.
Jacqui W.
February 22, 2018

“Using Venngage has given a USP with Charities and Social Entrprises in the South West UK”

ProsThe templates are a great way to start an idea off - and you can use bits from different ones to create your own unique design. I often have to make more than one design to show the groups we work with and being able to make my own templates has been really useful.
ConsBeing in the UK the default 'letter' size for lots of the templates nearly always needs changing as the 'A' range is much more popular here, I have also found I need to 'oversize' work so when I down load it for printing the resolution is better.
Regeanie C.
February 22, 2018

“We have been using Venngage for about 7 months now and we love it! It was a very easy learning curve”

ProsI appreciate the multiple templates and tools that simplify the process of creating a really awesome infographic. It takes minutes to create pages and documents that it would normally take hours to do or that I would need to outsource to a graphic designer. For the most part, I have found it simple and easy to use and pretty powerful. This ease of use combined with high quality output makes this a great tool for people like me who are not designers, but need something that create high-level output without enormous amounts of effort. Most recently, I used Venngage to create our annual report and I couldn't have been happier with the professional quality of the final product. Most importantly, it took less than a few hours of total time, including the creation of multiple chats and graphs.
ConsI did find that there is a page limitation when creating a multiple page document. So, for our annual report, I had to create separate documents save them out as PDF, then use Adobe Acrobat Pro to combine them into one PDF. While this created an extra step, it was relatively easy to do so I was terribly bothered by it.
Orsi S.
July 17, 2018

“My favorite infographic maker”

OverallMy great job thanks to the CV i made with it.
ProsI can do really great looking infographics, pictures or even CV-s with this platform. I use this for my personal life and my work as well, almost every day and I still love it even after years of use.
ConsIt takes quite a bit to get used to it, to find your way around. Eventually you realize that every functionality you need is there, it's just sometimes confusing to find them.
July 17, 2018
Emily s.
Marketing Program Lead
February 22, 2018

“Venngage is great for making exciting looking internal emails at work. I use it nearly every day!”

ProsI love that I'm able to upload my own images and logos to really customize it for my needs. I also use the "copy" feature a lot, where I'll duplicate one of my past designs and edit it from there so I'm not starting from scratch. The grouping feature also makes it easy to move around whole blocks of images and text so you're not losing your spacing/placement, but can move it all up or down if you wanted to add or take away extra space.
ConsI wish there were more font options, or the ability to upload a font. Sometimes I feel limited with the options available.
Mithil P.
You cannot find an easier tool that Venngage for quick Infographics
Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“The best tool for making quick infographics!”

OverallI have been using Venngage for 4 years now for my reporting and social infographics. It is an absolute must have for my team. Due to its simplicity of use and easy navigation, it is easy to train others to use it too.
ProsApart from easy navigation and self-explained features, their customer service is the best part of using this tool. An agent is available to help and chat with you any hour of the day. They have made the entire process so effortless.
ConsLimits on image uploads are lesser than other tools. I would like to see them increase that. But can't deny the value for money with what we get.
Stephen S.
Director of Systems, Data and Reporting
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
February 22, 2018

“This tool is very helpful for creating captivating graphics to tell a data story.”

OverallMy presentation look sharper and more professional. In addition, I have been able to create graphics that communicate challenging concepts in a clear and simple way.
ProsThe software is super easy and intuitive to use. There are many aspects you can customize (such as adding your own company colors to the pallet - makes reuse a super easy). I like the templates for generating new ideas. The new snapping features works great. Overall, my favorite part is the customer service. I have to admit, I avoided the "Chat with us now" box on the side - thought maybe it was a bot. However, I really needed help one day and I used it. It is a human (or the most realistic AI on the planet). The response was immediate and provided me with exactly what I needed. I have since used it several times with the same great results. In this day and age - that level of customer service is exceptional.
ConsThere are few things I would like to see added. Icons currently are limited to 2 colors for fill. It would be great to have the ability to do more than two colors. Also, it would be great to have more options than google drive for connecting data directly to the tool. Currently I have to manually update charts that I reuse regularly.
Kaitlyn M.
Director of Digital Strategy
February 22, 2018

“I use Venngage at work to create materials for several clients”

OverallIt saves me a lot of time that I would have otherwise spent working in Adobe.
ProsMy favorite part of Venngage is the ease of use. It is really simple to create something unique and professional grade. I use Venngage to create inforgraphics, cards for social media posts, and photo content for email blasts as well. Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to put together designs. I often use the same templates I have created over and over again. The free images are a definite plus as well.
ConsThe thing I like least are a few of the technical issues. I wish that I could import higher resolution images in my upload and export into even higher resolution for the finished product. Sometimes diminishing the quality of the photo in order to upload it into the Venngage system means that I cannot create posters or larger-scale images because of the pixelation that would result.
Paul I.
March 8, 2018

“A symphony of branding perfection...with some annoying drawbacks”

OverallThe ability to disseminate information in a clear and easy to understand format to my non-technical target audience for my technical services and training products.
ProsThe interface itself is fast, fresh and well laid out. Minimal clutter when choosing your desired template category and good grief there are plenty to choose from. I've only had to speak with support a couple of times and both times it was a fast and detailed response.
ConsI don't use it as much as I should...As I've mentioned there's plenty of good stuff but the design interface is frustrating at times. There is no right click function, it is a nightmare trying to manipulate lower layers (need to drag top layers out the road first) - -just "niggly" things that spoil a feature rich SaaS based infographic design system. If these things could be sorted, not only would I use it more I'd also be inclined to refer others to it too.
Joni W.
Senior Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
February 28, 2018

“Quick to learn and easy to manage”

OverallWe can quickly put together professional looking infographs, flyers and other documents without having to spend a ton of money on software that is simply too robust for our needs (and of course you pay for that robust-ness!)
ProsThe templates available are spectacular! A great help when getting started on a project and easy to edit.
ConsI really wish there was a way to share the original/native files with other users. We create infographs for some of our clients and they don't have access to them to be able to update and manage them themselves.
Liz M.
Consumer Experience Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
February 26, 2018

“People finally read my reports!”

ProsI first started using Venngage to create reports on customer insights gathered from interactions with the customer service team that I manage. I used to use excel and no one seemed to pay attention to the boring report. As soon as I started using Venngage I had so much more engagement. I now use Venngage for so many things from reporting on KPIs to making beautiful posters. There are a ton of ready to use templates that are beautiful and they are constantly posting new ones. I have zero graphic design experience and am able to create professional looking infographics that attract the attention they need. I also love the helpful tips and entertaining infographics I receive through email from Venngage. I receive a ton of emails from vendors and I actually open these ones.
ConsWhen I first started using Venngage there weren't many business reporting templates available but they have grown. I like the new power point templates that are available. I wish it was easier to brand an existing template.
Ilias F.
Senior Financial Market Analyst
April 12, 2018

“Venngage is what everyone looks for: simple, user-friendly and easy to use!”

OverallIt is the best infographic maker out there! I am not sure I can list any! Venngage gave me the best experience I had with any other infographic software and believe me I tried many, though it performed all of them!
Pros-UI is simple and clean meaning functionalities are organized and easy to find. - There is a ton of premade templates, so if you are in a hurry and need something polished as soon as possible you can do it in a matter of minutes! - Venngage is a platform that is regularly updated, so new templates, icons, and editing tools are constantly added. - The customer support is super helpful and responds almost immediately! Every time I contacted them, my issue was solved!
April 12, 2018
Ruth G.
Senior Director, Sales & Marketing
Sports, 51-200 employees
February 22, 2018

“Very easy for non-designers to use. ”

OverallProfessional quality design for a variety of marketing channels, including social media, online communication, and P-O-P.
ProsMassive library of templates helps spur creativity so there's rarely a need to start from scratch. Built in artwork-icons, photos, fonts-is great, as is the ability to upload photos and art.
ConsThere is no align/distribute functionality, so this is a manual process. Adding this functionality would greatly speed up the process.
51-200 employees
February 22, 2018

“Really nice and useful product”

OverallReally nice and simple to create infographics and presentations that really impressed the viewers.
ProsI like that you can find templates for almost all the things you like and need. You can use them as they are, just changing the text, or you can modify them as you like. I had a Premium account, therefore I benefited from all of their specifications. I mostly enjoyed the Interactive PDF as it comes very in handy when you need to present some information and send it to your clients. I also liked that they have a vast number of icons, photos and other that help you instantly :). You have everything you need just a click away and that save you a lot of time. Some other great things that I only tried, didn't make use of them, was the Interactive part, where you can create polls, forms, tables. Aaand the chart part which is...more than great! It is so easy to create a nice visualization of your data and the "wow-ness" that you get after presenting it is amazing :)
ConsI did encounter some bugs along the way, regarding text, resizing and placement, but the Customer Service was really helpful and now, I did they got rid of all the bugs, as they had some upgrades and modifications. I have to mention I had the Premium Account, therefore I had priority.
Swapnil D.
Founder and Director
March 26, 2019

“Good tool for infographics, ebooks creation, poster creation”

OverallI have been using this solution since more than 2 yrs and found useful , it is our default tool for preparing any info graphics, social media posts, blog images
Prosgreat quality icons to develop professionally looking info graphics in quick time. I do not have to rely on professional graphics designer for it. I can manage any graphics for my blogs, websites, social media posts easily
Conssupport for gif can be added or even support for embedding videos can be very useful if added in the solution. Some more templates for ebooks, presentation can add value for users. stock images can be more with variety
March 26, 2019
Kate M.
Director of Digital Strategy
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
November 25, 2018

“Venngage is a great tool for easy graphics”

OverallI have been using this product for three years and still use it regularly. I would definitely recommend to anyone who does not have graphic design experience as an easy means of creating compelling visuals.
ProsMy company has purchased Venngage for Business and it is a tool I use at least weekly. It is such an easy way to make basic graphics for social media, infographics and charts that are aesthetically pleasing. There are also many free images that you can access through the paid subscription.
ConsWhen we first purchased the software it did take a while to get accustomed to the editing tools but once you catch on it's very easy. I would also like it to be easier to zoom in and out on large files and for them to bring back a tool that defined the document's boundaries.
November 25, 2018
Liesl R.
March 8, 2018

“Finally a modern, crisp, and professional infographics tool that allows people to present material.”

ProsModern presentations that are well thought out and obviously produced by a talented staff. Easy to add your own icons, logos, photos. It seems the team is truly engaged in their work and listening to customers. Fun. Rewarding. Customizable colors that are cool and not just primary based. Option to use free if you just need a little something. Easy to edit text and material. Easy to add custom title to saved work. Visual icon for saved work and an option to preview or edit.
ConsSaving and uploading files in a public manner is uncomfortable, then u have to pay to save in other ways which feels a bit like a bait and switch.
Stephanie D.
Program Manager
February 28, 2018

“Super user-friendly and adaptable for this small non-profit office!”

Pros- easy to navigate homepage and dashboard - low learning curve rate for new users (most just signed in and 'got it' right away when they were first introduced) - cloud-based application allows for our travelling team to access files easily remotely - having access to Canadian based maps/regions is so incredibly valuable. It's what set Venngage apart from the other software we looking at - price point is still affordable for our non-profit budget - an abundance of graphics means we can really vary and personalize the infographics we create
Cons- Although price point is affordable with our current version, it would be nice to be able to sort projects more efficiently. Something for us to strive for in future budgets if we decide to upgrade to the 'business' version. -
Nina D.
Executive Director
February 23, 2018

“Venngage is easy to use, and has fantastic templates”

OverallI love this product and would recommend it highly if there were more images of people of color that could be used in graphics. For example, look at the images that come up when you type "hands" in search. The only brown hand is one holding a white hand. The images don't represent my clients or the world around us. I would have rated this product a 10 if not for this very important issue.
ProsAlthough the site is poorly lacking in images of people of color (or body parts, such as hands, that reflect people of color), the graphics are otherwise very cool, and the templates are attractive and easy to use.
ConsMost of the images of humans or body parts are of white people. I will leave this software if this is not improved. Also It's difficult to make simple shapes like lines that don't expand in width when made longer.
Food Production, 501-1000 employees

“A very useful tool ”

OverallI can design simple infograhpics myself rather than going to a graphic designer. I can import brand details (logos etc) which means that the designs I deliver fit with the look and feel of the rest of our collateral.
ProsThe icons, pictograms, and ability to set brand colours make this pretty easy to use. I love the snap to guide as well. The chart feature is awesome.
ConsI can only have 100 images in my upload folder, can't download as a print PDF, can only view one page at a time in multiple page designs, and the site doesn't automatically open new designs in a new tab. Some elements are pretty limited and I don't find this software particularly intuitive to use - I go to another programme for some designs as I can play around a little more and make more attractive designs.
Publishing, 11-50 employees
July 23, 2019

“Venngage is Quite Engaging”

OverallDespite my personal taste, my coworkers have become more engaged in the sales meeting each week since I started using Venngage. Would recommend.
ProsI use the free version of Venngage, and even in a business setting, it lets me create detailed diagrams that satisfy the sales team. Each week I have to make a note of which clients responded to our messages, and I decided that an easy way to depict this would be through an infographic. To that end, Venngage is great-it lets you piece information, images, and text together in an appealing way. Bright colors, readable fonts, and a plethora of available graphics and graph types are a welcome addition to any infographic I make, and Venngage has them all.
ConsObviously you're going to have more template options if you pay more money, but most of the free templates are a bit too cartoony for my taste.
Emily J.
Resource Development Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2018

“Easy to use to create engaging non-profit media materials!”

OverallA quick and easy interface for media projects with a lot of native material to work with so we are not designing from scratch. Saves us so much time and effort and helps us turn out polished projects that reinforce our professional image.
ProsThe interface is so easy to use that I can allow other teammates access to projects and they can make changes and updates immediately without my having to train them. There is a huge variety of templates that we have been able to adapt for our needs and it has made a difference in the turnaround time for our projects.
ConsThere are some page limitations on templates that make them a little difficult to adapt for our uses. We have worked around this by making multiple copies that are continuations of the documents, but it seems like an easy fix. More native icons for pictographs would be great - we are an animal shelter and the animal and medicine related stuff is a little sparse.
Brianne C.
Corporate Wellness Coordinator & Provider
February 26, 2018

“An overall positive and professional experience”

OverallVersatility - a program that can seemingly do it all. What's not to love? The price feels a little steep, and at times I notice little things that I wish it had, but all their other features provide sufficient compensation so it doesn't have a big impact.
ProsUnbelievably versatile and surprisingly intuitive to use. Does the job of multiple applications in one easy to implement and integrate program.
Russell W.
Independent Consultant, Researcher, Writer and Trainer
February 23, 2018

“I can create professional looking content without the design skills - great for my business”

OverallThe opportunity to create professional quality content both for my own website and for company reports which would have been too expensive to commission otherwise.
ProsRange of templates to enable me to create good quality content. Continuous updating of content and really helpful, informative & instructive blog to help me get to the next level. Excellent customer support for when I get stuck.
ConsOne or two key features (automatic alignment of objects) have been in development quite a long time. The jump to business pricing is too high for a sole trader like myself.
February 6, 2018

“Canva is best, but Venngage is cool too”

ProsVenngage offers a fairly similar user experience to Canva, which is a big draw; it's easy to use, has gorgeous premade graphics, and enables simple manipulation to create custom graphics without needing a designer. The offerings are wide, which I really enjoy--you can create a lot of different things quickly and make them all look beautiful.
ConsThere's something about the interface that frustrates me, and I cannot put my finger on it. I find myself not finding exactly what I want/need, or getting frustrated with the UI pathways. Like I said, I prefer Canva for things like this.

By Venngage on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! We would love to learn more about how the UI is frustrating you and work towards improving the tool however we can. If you're ever open to hoping on a call with our design team, I'm sure you'd be a great help :) Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it!
February 6, 2018
Nathan R.
SEO Specialist
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
July 16, 2019

“Easy Infographics!”

OverallOverall, we love Venngage!
ProsVenngage is the easiest way I know of to make infographics.
ConsNot being able to have the source files can be troublesome at times.
July 16, 2019
Matthew H.
Director Of Business Development
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2018

“AWESOME product”

ProsI am not a graphic designer, but needed an easy platform to design graphics for our company. Stumbled upon Venngage and it is incredible. Super easy to use. Their templates are plentiful and there is always something there for inspiration. I have recommended this to a bunch of other folks in small business looking to increase their graphics online in a cost effective way.
ConsCan be touchy with controls, but you get used to it after woking with the platform after awhile.
November 2, 2018
Doug L.
Principal/Owner
February 22, 2018

“Venngage has allowed me to create impressive and striking infographics that impress my clients.”

ProsIt is easy to use. I'm not particularly computer savvy. And I'm not a designer. But through the use of the many excellent templates that Venngage has on its site, and by observing how the 'professional' industry creates infographics, I can make smart looking images in a short period of time. It is easy to resize the graphic, and easy to download as a PDF or PNG.
ConsThe map tool can sometimes feel a little awkward to use, especially if you want to use just a section of that particular map.
March 8, 2018

“I use it for my students. It's fairly easy to use and it is a good price for education needs”

ProsThe education version gives students a lot of features and tools. They have professional tools for a price that is reasonable for a whole class of students. It's great that students do not have to for out additional money.
ConsI think that Venngage may have downsized the number of students allowed per class since I first started using it. Since one subscription no longer covers a whole class, I have cancelled my subscription in favour of using free infographic apps. They're not as complete, but the cost was too much.
Anne G.
President/Owner
Financial Services, Self-employed
February 22, 2018

“This was easy to start and easy to make changes. Not having any design background, this is great”

OverallEasy to put images/infographics on my website and Linked in. The ebooks templates make life really easy.
ProsI could start with a tutorial(and a whole library of them), so I didn't get frustrated trying to do something, and not having it work. All the templates, and ranking them from Beginner to Advanced. Also, the grouping of the different templates, so I know where I can use them. I am a total failure with design/color, so the guidance is terrific
ConsThere's not much I don't like. I found it difficult to remember where to find and how to do the spread sheet at first. If I had just done the tutorial, it would have been fine.
Frida W.
Copywriter
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
February 22, 2018

“Easy to use, flawless end results! ”

OverallEasier to create awesome infographics that stand out!
ProsI use Venngage for presenting numbers at work, for cute Facebook posts, for greeting cards well, for almost everything. And I always get compliments for the flawless end result. I've shown Venngage to several friends who also fell in love with it. Perfect software if you work in marketing as I do. But I would also recommend it to people in non-creative fields. Spice up your reports or whatever it is! It'll be easier for the reader to take in the facts.
ConsI really miss the option of adding fonts. The selection is okay, but some companies demand certain fonts.
Carrie M.
CFO/Director of Operations
Insurance, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2018

“I use Venngage for all internal and external documents, i.e. Corporate Profile to Customer Marketing”

OverallCustom corporate internal and external marketing pieces that I can create in one day. The templates are extremely helpful in assisting me with design and how to layout my ideas on paper. We can customize materials for our clients to distribute to their employees.
ProsStrong ROI for our firm. Customer Service is very responsive and anytime I had an issue it was resolved same day. The program is overall, very easy to use for a novice marketing person and is irreplaceable for me at this time.
ConsMore options to really make my designs look more professional. Sometimes there is a little bit of a generic look and I feel like I don't have access to all of the graphics I would like to have.
March 8, 2018

“Such great graphics and so easy to use even Graphic Designers use it”

OverallThis is a super fast way to get a professionally designed flyer or other marketing piece ready to go.
ProsAs a graphic designer I thought this was for those without the ability or software to design flyers. After using this one time, I realized how powerful and fast it was to use. I use it in place of my expensive Adobe software for flyers now. It just make sense to use it since it has so many features already built in.
ConsIt has so many built-ins already, but because I use this so often, I would like more. I would like a feature built in that has pre-designed header backgrounds as well as more shape options.
Indy C.
Research Information Specialist
March 8, 2018

“Amazingly Powerful! Allows me to work smarter, not harder. ”

ProsExtremely easy to learn and use. There are so many different template options that visually show the capabilities of this software. I do a lot of marketing/advertising and this program allows me to crank out visually appealing graphics within minutes.
ConsA limited number of photos and icons that are not always able to be manipulated. There are some icons I want to change colors and am unable to.
March 8, 2018

“Venngage is a well designed software, very easy to use.”

OverallAs part of our blogging effort, we wanted to offer nice visuals like infographics or just blog banners to make our blog more attractive. Venngage has been an easy and affordable option to do so.
ProsThe templates look very professional, so it's a good start for your infographics, ebook covers, blog banners, etc. There's a lot of icons, images, fonts and colors to choose from. Everything is very easy to use even if your not a professional graphic designer.
ConsThe only complaint I could think about is that with a Premium account, you cannot arrange your work into folders. So it's a bit hard to find past designs. It is one of the business features though.
Helen B.
Trustee
February 22, 2018

“Totally love the finished results”

OverallHigh quality products for small price. Still regretting that I didn't upgrade to Business for your Black Friday deal. Polished results.
ProsI like styles and designs. The finished products look like a real GD has produced them rather than me! I like I can add my own photos and images. I like chatting to the live operators, they're really friendly, quick to respond and helpful.
ConsI find it frustrating I can't drag an image in one direction without it scaling up. Sometimes I want something a little taller not wider. Sometimes things don't always exactly align or snap to. Although I think there may be a bit of user error in this one...I've recently found the show grid that might help! I would like some of the people icons to be more multicultural, they are all peach coloured.
Ken D.
Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, Unspecified
February 25, 2018

“I use Venngage to build infographics for clients as part of social & content marketing strategies.”

ProsI love how easy it is to export and view infographics, at any stage of development, as PNGs, PDFs and even interactive PDFs (with clickable hyperlinks). If something's not right, you can just tab back to the active editor window, make changes and export again. Iterate to your heart's desire!
ConsEvery once in a while, for reasons I can't explain, some detail of design (mostly to do with fonts, I suspect) will manifest as just a little "off" in the export file format. Everything will render in the output exactly as it appears on the editing screen, except - mysteriously - for this one thing... It's not the end of the world, as you it can be resolved through trial and error; however it can be irritating, and this remains my one complaint about the platform.
February 25, 2018
February 22, 2018

“I haven't had any problems with this platform.”

ProsI like that customer service is so great, and it looks great! Every question I have had has been answered promptly. I like that the graphics look so great, and that I can customize nearly everything.
ConsI can't think of anything to really dislike. It's done what I needed it to do. I use this program to create an annual report, and sometimes it doesn't translate well between venngage and the printer we use, but we have been able to resolve little glitches.