Wix Ratings

Overall
4.4/5
4.2/5

About Wix

Create a stunning, professional website for free with Wix website builder. We offer a few different ways you can build your site: Wix Artificial Design Intelligence, Wix Editor, & Wix Code. Whether you're creating a site for the first time or you're a pro, we've got you covered. Wix ADI builds you a unique site with professional text, images & more. Wix Editor gives you design freedom with advanced functionality & easy drag & drop. And with Wix Code, you can create state-of-the-art site & apps. Learn more about Wix

Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Retail, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!”

OverallI have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!
ProsI love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.
ConsI have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.
October 14, 2019
Summer A.
Physical Therapist & Animal transport specialist
Import and Export, Self-employed
October 2, 2019

“Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves”

OverallOverall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that). The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.
ProsThe best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily. Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago. The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit). I was even able to add a blog page to the site. If someone messaged from the site it got through. In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive. To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.
ConsIf I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates. There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)
October 2, 2019
Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
September 26, 2019

“Wix is Excellent for Business Websites”

OverallAs a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.
ProsWix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.
ConsI would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.
Barb S.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business”

OverallThe savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!
ProsExcellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more - within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.
ConsTheir SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.
September 11, 2019
matt a.
Video Producer
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
September 5, 2019

“It's not Wordpress, and why that's important”

OverallOverall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.
ProsAfter creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.
ConsAs much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.
September 5, 2019
Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“Saving Grace”

OverallIt is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.
ProsTruth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly. Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up). I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support. Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.
ConsNothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.
August 29, 2019
awogor m.
Editor In Chief
Design, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder”

OverallI have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend
ProsYou don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix. With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc. It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients. They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.
ConsIt's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website. The more features you require, the more money you spend.
August 28, 2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2019

“If you need a quick website...”

OverallI have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)
ProsI have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.
ConsOne of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)
August 27, 2019
Robert L.
Content Manager
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
August 24, 2019

“Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.”

OverallAll in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.
ProsSuper easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.
ConsI had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.
August 24, 2019
Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 17, 2019

“Great Product But Customer Service Needs Major Revamp”

OverallMy overall experience is that it is great website builder for a basic site. Excellent in fact. You can get a site up in a couple of hours. However, add-ons are very clunky and the technical support is not an option as their agents are not trained or extraordinarily poorly trained.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is it's ease of use for high-quality sites. You can set up a one-page site in a couple of hours.
ConsOnce you get past the basics and need something more sophisticated, the add-ons are clunky and they offer little to no guidance with many of the support docs not matching what is on the screen. Further, when I've called tech support they've literally had no idea how to help. On one call, the tech didn't know what a hero was, which was shocking and then when I explained, he didn't know how to remove a video. When I asked about it he insisted that there wasn't a video on the site but then I had to explain to him he had to view the published site and not the site in editor. On another call, the tech couldn't connect me with a screenshare after about 17 minutes on the call. I have not once called and received an answer to my support question. Extremely disappointing for the high quality product they have. I still use it but don't bother with tech support. For someone that needs something beyond a basic site, it is a consideration.
August 17, 2019
Rebekah K.
Body Piercing Technician/Owner
Retail, Self-employed
August 10, 2019

“Buggy and Lagging”

OverallOverall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.
ProsI love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.
ConsI ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.
August 10, 2019
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 4, 2019

“Reliable Website Builder”

OverallWe predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.
ProsThere's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.
ConsI've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.
August 4, 2019
Erik P.
Owner / Producer
Music, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Great for artists and start-ups”

OverallI keep coming back to Wix over Squarespace is because the pros outweigh the cons. It's a lot of work to get things looking and functioning exactly as you want it to, but once it does then I can genuinely say it pays off in the end.
ProsAfter years of coding my own sites, I took the plunge into Wix. At first it was to create a quick site for a musical we were producing and we got a deal for starting up. I must admit I was expecting a lot of limitations in design and not enough features to make it worth a full web campaign. I was surprised to find out how well Wix worked on many levels. Design: I have always felt boxed in with templates like Wordpress, but Wix allowed a lot of freedom in creating the look and feel I wanted. SEO: Wix had quickly established itself as a solid and reliable web creation platform that our search rankings were immediately higher than I've ever had.
ConsMy biggest dislike is with the mobile layout function and layout. I do like control of what you can see on mobile verses desktop, but I wish there could be more options. Also, because it's not a dynamic template, you need to create two different layouts (desktop and mobile) which doubles the work time. Some may prefer this, but where it hits me is when you make a change in the desktop, any edits you thought you locked in on the mobile side are lost and you have to spend time making fixes. I wish there was a dynamic option that allowed for just one layout, but I guess that's why there's Squarespace.
August 2, 2019
Elizabeth M.
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
July 30, 2019

“Wix is my go-to website creator!!”

OverallMy overall experience with Wix is AMAZING! I would not change a thing and would not choose to create a website for my clients with any other site.
ProsWix is extremely user friendly. Making websites has never been easier... and quick! As a side gig, I create websites for clients; Wix is hands down my go-to platform. You are able to easily choose a template based on what the website is meant for and go from there. You are given something to start with which saves an insane amount of time. Changing the colors, font, layout, photos, etc. is very simple and most importantly user friendly. No matter what type of website I am creating, I will choose to use Wix.
ConsI like everything about Wix, but sometimes when arranging the layout/look of the website for mobile view I have a few problems - nothing major. Once in a while when I make the mobile view look perfect, I will save it and preview it on my actual phone with the temporary wix link. For some weird reason, the layout does not always look the same as it did when I was editing it on the laptop/desktop. I have to go back and forth from the computer to my phone, making sure everything looks correct, is straight, centered and visible. Not a huge problem but it would be great if that was improved!
July 30, 2019
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
July 22, 2019

“The Best Website Creator for emergency Use and for small businesses without any knowledge of coding”

OverallI am currently studying in India for Post graduate degree in Management and Research, and also also working part time in my Brother's online Grocery Store and Wix worked for me initially we first tried to get a good website without spending much and Wix actually worked amazingly. Even now, whenever I am in need of a website urgently I use Wix to get things done but again, I do never recommend any student or web developer to go through Wix
ProsWix is the best and easiest way to build a website for those who wants a good website in no time. Wix has a nice user interface and is accessible with normal computers and mobile devices. There's no need of coding, just to get an idea, think over it and use the drag and drop feature and we are good to go. The pricing of Wix is also good, there's no need to be concern about the cost of getting a good website because everything is done and even if we try the free features it will harm nothing. Wix is good for those who wants a good website in a hurry or without writing any code or to get a website for quick purposes like for small businesses. Wix is also good for those who don't actually want to learn Web development because everything is done without any coding. Those who can't afford a good web developer for their small business or start-ups can use Wix.
ConsThough, getting everything done without any coding is a good deal but only for those who don't want to learn web development and just need a website for their small businesses or startups because one can learn nothing other than dragging and dropping things which is quite a cheap thing for a Web developer or a student, So I do never recommend a student or a Web developer to go with Wix. Also, Wix has a lots of problems like there's a problem of customizing the pages exactly according to our choice because everything is done by itself automatically and hence most of the required features are not there and we can't build them according to our imaginations.
July 22, 2019
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“'site builder for tomorrow'”

Overallwith the offered features by many hosting companies, mostly which are standard features, any novice can build a good looking website. But not an exceptional one like what is being offered by wix. Wix is in to business, therefore they integrate whatever the improvements in digital communication in order to be 'special'. You need to experience the difference. After the initial launching with the free version, one need to migrate in to a version which will offer you all the additional features in ecom. With a paid version you can have your own domain that will help you to build your unique custom brand, and run an ad free site. With the paid version you become independent of strings associated with wix campaigns but still enjoy the unique features available in wix platform. With the returns gained by having an exceptional site, you wouldn't feel the service is expensive.
Proswith 'wix', websites are not a luxury anymore. Wix has emerged as one of the leading facilitators of digital visual communication platforms by offering 'start free and pay later' concept of doing business. Wix is definitely doing a business. But it helps those innovatives who cannot afford the luxury of hosting initially, but can present brilliant productive ideas to the world with digital communication for a kickstart. Wix, certainly is doing a business of milking without hurting the cow. Those who cannot afford hosting initially or even venture on a project on trial basis can grab this concept and then upgrade to paid packages for greater productivity. Wix is not just another hosting business. Its an ecommerce platform. Wix has passed the traditional concepts by integrating future technology in to its platform thereby placing its position ahead of many others. Wix helps others to earn in the ecom world with the latest technology, trends integrated in to their system. With their ADI (artificial design intelligence), you almost have a ready-built website without any coding knowledge and the Wix editor gives you a free hand to integrate your own innovative ideas and present exceptional websites to communicate your message stunningly to the audience. You can use the Drag & Drop, Online Booking Tools, Online Store Builder, SEO Management, Survey Builder, to name a few and many other productive features to make your site unique and stand above the rest.
Conswell I wouldn't say this a real con, but the cost comparison wise, there are many hosting service providers who too offer many 'easy to build a site' tools at a lower cost but one need to sacrifice on certain features those are being offered by wix at a higher cost.
July 19, 2019
Jacob B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“Former Web Designer prefers Wix”

OverallGenerally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.
ProsWix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website. Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.
ConsThe pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting. The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now. The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website. Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy
Jared S.
Co owner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 18, 2019

“My great experience with Wix”

OverallOverall, Wix is my preferred platform for making my websites and blogs. The value that they provide is astounding! If Wix keeps heading in the same direction, the only thing that can be expected is growth. There is so many more pro's than con's to be listed.
ProsWix is a solid web development platform, and to capture the whole point of this review, an overall amazing platform for any purpose! Wix provides fantastic payment plans that are affordable, provide a ton of value, and encourage growth of a personal website, wedding website, or a corporate site, you name it -- this is the platform to use. There are designated plans that are recommended for large businesses and allow for unlimited bandwidth, large amounts of content uploading, and ad credit of up to $300. There is no cap that is placed on your creativity in using this site. Wix will even supply free templates to get you started.
ConsThe only thing that I had difficulty with is navigating some areas of the page. Since there is so much that is offered through this platform, they do their best to simply the whole process and even walk you through it, some parts can be overwhelming and may take time to learn, but with a bit of practice you can learn the page navigation like the back of your own hand!
Photography, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Intuitive Website Maker ”

OverallMy experience has been stellar when compared with other websites I have tried in the past. If you are looking for website hosting with quick (2-3 hours) easy to create websites that still feel custom designed, then Wix is definitely edging out the competition.
ProsThe software feels more intuitive and customizable than other website competitors. You can easily have your site up and running within 2-3 hours. The domain sourcing and hosting being included is another advantage over other competitors I was researching, which would of cost me 25-50% more. I have never experienced any down time from the servers being offline either.
ConsThe website templates could be expanded to include more options for photographers with better gallery display options. In addition I found that the mobile view option when designing the templates was not always compatible or at least the designs did not always fully translate to mobile the way I was envisioning. Please include a better or more updated mobile website design as most my clients are going to be viewing my website on their phone, not on their laptop.
Writing and Editing, 1001-5000 employees
July 12, 2019

“Wix is were it's at”

OverallI've worked with Wordpress, Blogger, and Wix. You can't go wrong with Wix. It is a seamless and flexible product that allows users to quickly build a website. You can create a free site but it will have the Wix name in your URL link, but if you are just blogging or wanting to test out this online software then check it out. If you have some background in coding you can build stuff from the ground up, but this software is very organic and offers a lot of customization in its default state. The grab and drop feature is very intuitive and this service offers a lot especially for those who need to create a site or blog quickly or for those who do not have a very strong background in coding.
ProsThe Pros for Wix are many and outnumber the cons, but some of the cons could be detrimental. One of the best features of this platform is that Wix has a drag and drop feature so you can move icons, widgets, images and so on pretty easily. There are other platforms with a similar feature, but I felt like Wix was a bit more intuitive for me and offered more from other platforms I've worked with. Lots of tools both free and paid for to add to your website. Wix provides a free version, but it's a bit more limited, which many might imagine. There are often promotional and discounted add-ons. Tools and the dashboard are very clean and easy to navigate. It's very easy to transfer a domain name over. Relatively affordable, but of course the platform is more expensive as you upgrade the site.
ConsThere are not as many cons for Wix, but the few that exist could make or break this for a lot of people. One area is the price. The free version and entry-level subscriptions are pretty reasonable, but also very limited. Wix offers a lot to customize your site, but if you want a free blog with the ability to customize many of its looks or navigation, Wordpress might be a better choice. Upgrading Wordpress from a blog to a standalone '.com' or '.org' it's much more affordable. So there are cheaper options. That downgrading is a bit of a pain. I took on a promotional upgrade a few years ago and then decided I didn't need the extra features so I tried to downgrade my plan and it was not very simple. While it wasn't a stressful aspect like dealing with At&t or something, I had to contact the customer service.
July 12, 2019
Scott U.
Senior Quality Analyst
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
October 29, 2018

“Wix websites for beginners to experts! ”

OverallGreat experience with Wix, I would use this, and have suggested it to many of my friends. The ease of use, for an intermediate website person like myself made it a no brainer. I was really happy with the support as well as the tutorial videos and step by steps that Wix provides in order to make your job easier are great. I update my website every week, and Wix is so easy to do it on. I use google docs and excel sheets that are linked to my site, and display without issues. Wix makes making Websites easy!
ProsI created my first "real" website using Wix. I inherited a site that has been previously been posted on a different out of the box site. I looked at the other provider, and just felt the options were really limited as to what I could do, and what I wanted to do with the site. I wanted to take what we previously had, and take it up a notch. I wanted to add menu items, forms, video, pictures, and more. I started from scratch with the Wix template, and went from there. I wanted a menu option at the top of the page, but I wanted to have options on how I wanted that menu to look. Wix had a ton of templates you can choose from for menu's as well as page feel and look. You can also upload your own background (which I did) to add a theme to your site. I run a men's hockey league, so I added a rink background to our site. I was very happy with the many options I was able to choose from in order to create the site. You can also add a page from this menu, hide a page, delete a page, or re-order how you want the pages to be displayed on your site. We run a spring league as well, and during our Winter league, I can hide those pages with ease, and just un-hide them when we are ready to start up our spring league. Migrating my site from the old host to Wix was seamless as well, and Wix has many tutorials to help with all of this. It made moving my site very easy, and the video help was great!
ConsYou are limited to only so many forms on your site, as well as fields. This was the free forms, that you get with the site. You can pay for more fields, if you need them. Also some add in's cost money, but the ones they provide for free did the job for me.
October 29, 2018
Sharon B.
Coordinator of Registration
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 11, 2018

“Easy to use website template for any use”

OverallWix frequently has good sales and promotions on the paid portion of their product. Sign up for their emails to receive these notifications about their specials. Overall, I was super impressed with this free site.
ProsMy Husband and I used Wix for our wedding website. Instead of going with one of the traditional options like the Knot, we decided we wanted something different. Neither one of us had ever created a website before. However, with all the template and easy to use tools we were able to create a beautiful unique looking wedding website. Many of our family and friends commented on how wonderful it looked and were impressed with our website. I love the fact that we could send out our invitation to our guests by emails and other updates along that way. The best feature about the e-blasts was that we could see how many people had opened the message. Since we were only sending out email invitation (which saved us a couple hundred dollars) it was great to be able to see if someone had not opened the message or received it. This helped us to identify people that we needed to call and let them know we had invited them to our wedding. It was helpful that our guests could RSVP and that information would be collected right by Wix in an easy to view format. We used the free version of Wix and were able to do everything we needed to do for our wedding site. We used the three free e-blasts to send updates and invitations and even Christmas and Valentines day messages to all our friends and family. Now, 6 months after we have been married, we are still using the shout-outs (e-blasts) to let our friends and family know what we have been up to. Wix is a really user friendly website.
ConsWith the free version, you only get a small number of comments on your website. We did not realize this right away. The first week we send out our invitations, we got a bunch of comments on our website and then they stopped. We wondered why they stopped and then eventually a few months later we realized it was because all the free comments were used up. I wish we had been notified about this and could have chosen to pay for the comments just for the 6 months leading up to our wedding.
October 11, 2018
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 25, 2018

“Wix is My Favorite for Websites!”

OverallOverall, this Wix website site is amazing for bloggers and especially owners of businesses. I can't help but daily brag about this site and how easy it was for me to make one. I enjoy working daily on my websites because it brings inspiration and helps me to navigate my vision.
ProsWix is the main platform I use. I have tried many other website making sites and this one is my favorite. Wix gets the job done. I was able to create a few years ago many websites for my company and for my ministry without all of the hassle. The way Wix set everything up I had hundreds of ways to use each tool they had given for my website. The tools to fix up my website aren't complicated or confusing. I hate looking around for hours trying to figure out how to use a website. It is so frustrating and this made my life so much easier. I also like how the Wix website can help you create a blog page. I love to blog, so this was helpful. As, I was working on creating my Wix website I had loads of themes to use and tools. Wix has many options for the free users and for the premium users I noticed. I love how Wix is for all types of careers. People who want to start a small business or musicians. Also, I have noticed they have websites or tools for people who want to sell items. Wix is also useful for graphic designers. I also like how I am able to add photos, images, and website links to my official pages on Wix. I can also add social media symbols to link my social media pages to my Wix.
ConsI really have no dislikes, but I would give a suggestion. I really hope Wix continues to update like they have been doing. I would love to see loads of more themes. They already have so much, but I would love to see more. More wouldn't hurt lol =)
September 25, 2018
Ashley P.
Agent Marketing Lead
Insurance, 201-500 employees
September 6, 2018

“Easy to use, has many great features, and reasonably priced.”

OverallOverall, I highly recommend this product. There are very few additions/changes that I would suggest. And again, the price is more than reasonable.
ProsClean and user friendly interface for building from scratch or editing templates. Tons and tons of available options to choose from. (Colors, fonts, menus, etc.) Our websites don't look cookie cutter, they look custom built. Connecting your own domain is super easy! It takes only a few minutes and is up and working immediately. Access to all the features during building. Basically we can use all of the features (even if we have to upgrade to premium to use them live) so that I can be sure that we really do want to pay for those features. On eCommerce site we can sell physical items and digital files. Ability to make eCommerce site a members only site. Forms are easy to use. (They could be improved a little. See Cons section.) Can edit the mobile site and the desktop site independently of each other without edits on one being applied to the other. Prices are very reasonable. Overall, Wix has taken a massive amount of work off my shoulders and still produces high quality, custom looking websites.
ConsGoogle ad vouchers are a little misleading. They only apply to new Google Ads users. So we purchased an upgrade mainly to get the ad voucher and then read the fine print that said we couldn't use it because we have an existing account. Better options for reserving/booking. We rent out display items and really need a calendar that is accessible to users of our website so they can see when display items are available in their area and when they are checked out. Better options for customizing auto emails to those that place orders. The majority of the email is not editable and doesn't really fit our needs. More customization and ability to copy and paste forms. I built out a form and realized I had put it on the wrong page of the site. I was not able to move it from the current page to the correct page. I had to delete it and rebuild it on the correct page. I would also like to be able to store the forms so that I can use them on other sites rather than having to rebuild each time.
September 6, 2018
Christina H.
On-Air Host
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Wix Functionality & Features Review”

OverallOverall, Wix really is a great platform. It is user friendly, it has great functionality, and also provides multiple services within each bundle they sell. However, I would like to see Wix update a little bit further into the current web design era we're in. Offer features that work in a social media run web world!
ProsThere are a few things that I really love about Wix. One being that it is very user friendly. Functionality with any program usually gets my biggest critique. It doesn't take long while using wix to know that it is a very functional web designing site with many widgets that help you along the way. The newest update to Wix sites has also brought some wonderful new features that have been much needed. Now, you website design can be easily made and with a polished look that most people pay big money for.
ConsThere isn't too much that I don't like about Wix but the things that I don't like I feel are of hug importance. The mobile editing tool. The mobile editing tool still lacks in functionality and versatility. There's still so much you're unable to customize within the mobile editing that it can end up making your website on your phone look less than professional. A lot of things that are easily customized on the desktop editing are not availing for customizing in the mobile editing leading to a lot of frustration. The design on different computers. The designs on Wix never look the same on every computer. Some design pieces are missing, the design doesn't fit the screen right etc. I think if they could figure out how to make a design look right on every computer screen this would help keep that polished look for everyone. Social Sharing. There are no sharing buttons on Wix for visitors to share on social sites. There are only link to the social media sites. Something like a calendar or a list should have the option to add a share button so that visitors can easily share what their reading, buying, or booking to their social sites so that others can join in.
August 21, 2018
Virginia B.
Communications Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 24, 2018

“To Wix or not to Wix? That is the question Painless Web Development Platform”

ProsCreating your first website can sound quite tedious, especially if you don't know the first thing about web design (SEO, headers, alt tags, etc.). With over 500 beautifully seamless templates to choose from you can guarantee there will be one of your liking that will help you reach a nice starting point. After spending many hours searching for the best entry level, website development platform, I made the decision to go with Wix (rather than some of its well-known equivalents, i.e. WordPress or SquareSpace). I created my first website for an academic, student led organization in college without any prior knowledge in web development. My experience with Wix greatly exceeded my expectations; I quickly crafted and completed my own website in as little as a week, for free. If you're looking to build a website that is intuitive and low cost, Wix won't disappoint; there are millions of "WIXers" around the world. Keep in mind there are situations where Wix may suite your needs better than others. The free plan would work great for anyone at an entry-level, freelancer, start-up/non-profit organization, and/or even bloggers looking to craft a simplistic website for little to no cost associated. As things progress, you can manage your subscription as needed; for complex websites or fairly large websites I would be more inclined to go with a paid plan of Wix or switching to an alternative like WordPress (which is close to equivalent in price comparison). This route would be more beneficial for large sized businesses, or fairly large, stable organizations; as it would provide more bandwidth, storage, and assistance in development. For beginning gurus you may find that the website management/development are out of your expertise, (coding, installing, backups, etc.) so there are times you may need to involve outside help. Pros: - Easy drop and drag web development platform suitable or any entry level or beginners with little to no experience and no prior knowledge of coding required - Options to create website utilizing either: Wix editor (for those who would like to create their own website) or Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (for those less tech savvy, you can complete a questionnaire on what you would like your website to look like and have Wix assemble it for you!) - Provides over 400 pristine and stunning templates you can choose from and personalize to your needs - Offers all the website necessities to help you keep your website authority up to par: GDPR compliance settings and forms, SEO, mobile web-builder, google page rankings, and analytics on web performance - Compatible with various plugins and applications you can add-on to your website (you can almost always find any plugin your need or one very similar to the one you may be looking for) - Features that allow you to add forms to web pages, create social media posts, live-chat with web visitors, embed videos, market events, create blog posts, etc.
Cons- The free version of this platform places Wix advertisements on your website and does not provide the option to personalize your own domain (free version subdomains are set up like this: username.wixsite.com) - Utilizing the free version, make sure to optimize all images and compress videos before uploading to your website to maximize the amount of storage available to you. You may also notice that the free version of Wix tends to take a while to load your website (heavily automating your website will most definitely slow things down)
July 24, 2018
Josh S.
Media and Communications Minister
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“Get up and running with a professional looking website in not time at all and with little knowledge”

OverallI needed a website that would give the more advance user plenty of options and the more novice users the ability to still work on their portion of the site. Wix offers that. I could not be more pleased with wix
ProsThere are not enough words to be able to affectingly describe how much I love wix and their website building platform. Being someone who is a designing and uses many Adobe design software, I feel very at home with Wix website editor. Everything is laid right there in front of you and there are very few page limitations. You can drag and drop elements, put text or pictures where you want to, then edit there look with the built in tools. How you see it is what you get. You can even check what it will look like on a mobile phone and edit that separately from your desktop website. So if there is an element that works on a desktop browser but not a mobile phone, not worries, just hide it from the mobile version. There are a nice supply of free app or add on option that Wix supplies for free but there are also some great third party apps that you can add to your plan if you are needing something more. And if not of those options work, there is also the option for coding your own.
ConsMy only current complaint with Wix is the lack of ability of giving a team member access to only edit a certain part of the website. It would be nice to be able to give someone access only to their portion of the website to edit instead of the whole website site. There are too many people that I worry will mess up something larger by accident if they have access to the whole site so I end up having to do it all myself.
June 26, 2018
June 5, 2018

“Wix is a fantastic and clean website creator”

OverallI've used a number of website development software, and this is easily my favorite. I've looked into website creation as a side gig, and if that took off, Wix would likely be my go to for creating clean, modern, and effective websites.
ProsWix makes designing websites super easy for anybody of any skill level. If you're new to designing websites with software, you and use the AI to create a website for you, and then you just have to go in and edit specific information. If you want to have a little more control, you can disable the AI and go to a regular editor where you have a lot more control over minute details. Wix also has a vast selection of apps to integrate into your website, many of them free and others will usually have free versions or trials. Some of the apps are created by Wix, but most are third party, though they also have a review system so you can see what other users think of the apps. Also, when I say there's a large variety, I mean there are a number of apps for pretty much anything you can think of. Need to schedule appointments? Got it. Want to keep track of analytics? Probably dozens of apps to choose from. Need to create a menu? Easy. Social media integration, newsletters, just about anything. They also have a number of different plans, depending on your needs. They range from very inexpensive to very affordable for a small business, depending on if you're ok with Wix displaying their logo on the site, how much bandwidth you need, if you want to have an online store (surprisingly affordable with Wix, by the way), if you want Google Ad Credits, etc.
ConsBeing so customizable, some things that feel like they should be intuitive, aren't. Disabling the AI that created the website (if you chose that path) is a little difficult, but it's necessary if you want control over customization. Setting up a store is a little tedious, as you have to enter a lot of information for each individual item; I'd love to see them find a way to ease this process. I'd also love to see the shipping options expanded a little, like options for delivering products if the client/customer is in the same town or within X miles of your location.
June 5, 2018
Howard S.
Internet, Self-employed
March 13, 2018

“Expert's point of view to Wix Website Builder”

ProsBeing an expert in the web building niche, I have reviewed and tested dozens of website builders. This allows me to offers you the unbiased Wix review, providing the most substantial pros and cons of the system that can affect the website creation process as well as the result. My experience allows me to state that Wix is definitely the service, which is worth the attention of all users, with no exception at all. It is equally understandable to newbies and web design pros, which is explained by the intuitive nature, simplicity and variety of features the system unveils to ensure the unsurpassed web building experience. Wix has grown in popularity during the recent years - just have a look around to see how many websites have been created with it lately! The platform has won worldwide recognition, having replaced dozens of web design tools, which were popular before. Its customer base has exceeded 120 millions of users from around 200 countries of the world and it still keeps growing, which is another proof of the system's usability, professionalism and quality. It is absolutely great for average users willing to launch decent websites for commercial or non-commercial use! Ease of Use Wix is a universal WYSIWYG website builder, which allows creating different types of websites in a quick and hassle-free way. Wix is based on the SaaS platform, which allows users to create and manage their websites from any mobile device. A convenient drag-and-drop website editor makes it possible to add the blocks and adjust their positions to give a website the required design. No web design or coding skills are needed to do that - so intuitive, simple and user-friendly the system is. Wix Editor and Wix ADI Wix allows creating websites in two different ways depending upon the skills and knowledge of a user. Wix Editor is a standard option that offers an opportunity to select and customize a template that comes up to your needs most of all. Wix ADI is an advanced tool, which ensures smooth and intuitive web building process. What you have to do is to provide the info about your company and the system will automatically generate a website for you. Mobile-Optimized Template Gallery Wix has an extensive gallery of niche-specific mobile-optimized templates. The system also offers a set of advanced design customization tools that make it possible to give your website the preferred look and functionality. It is also possible to access Wix App Market here to choose between dozens of free and paid applications that can be integrated into your website to ensure stunning website performance. Blogging and eCommerce Features Apart from creating standard websites, Wix can be used as a blogging and eCommerce platform. This unveils lots of new opportunities to users, who intend to establish their own web-based businesses. Affordable Pricing Policy Wix pricing policy is worth the attention as well. It has a free unlimited plan, the functionality of which is enough to test all the features of the system and five paid plans with diverse functionality that may cover all the web building needs.
ConsNo Template Change Option Wix doesn't allow changing the template on the go. Once you have chosen a theme to start your website with, you'll have to keep working with it. Otherwise, all the submitted content will be lost. This is a drawback for most inexperienced users, but it's possible to avoid the problem by making the right choice. Doubtful Connect Domain Plan The Connect Domain Plan allows connecting a domain name to your website, but it does not remove the system ad from it. Thus, there is no need to invest into this plan. Instead, it makes sense to upgrade to one of the higher plans that come with no ads included. These are only a few wix disadvantages, which, however, are not that crucial and can't overwhelm the benefits of the system. As of today, Wix is, undoubtedly, the leader in the web design niche, which doesn't have any similar rivals to compete with.
March 13, 2018
Lacey N.
Marketing Director
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2017

“Perfect for DIY websites ”

OverallEasy DIY websites Assistance with SEO Info on ways to improve the site with their weekly newsletter Advanced functions
ProsWix makes website building easy. I've built several websites on this platform and always get great results. There are hundreds of templates to choose from and they are easy to customize. I also love that Wix keeps up with trends and sends helpful hints via email when new options become available. They seem to be ahead of the curve. They've recently introduced a different way to build a website. Instead of picking the template and customizing, the software asks questions about the web page and company, establishes your preferences in color and style - then builds the website for you. It's revolutionary and I love the results. My clients have all loved this new option and it saves me a ton of time. This option is easy to customize too and the layouts the software picks are very modern. I also love all the add ons you can put on the website. I use the social feeds, blogging, event registration forms, and photo gallery add ons frequently.
ConsMy only real criticism of Wix is that many of the add-ons offer basic functions, however in order to get true functionality you have to pay for the add-on. I've encountered this a lot in the event registrations, forms, booking, and social feeds. I often find myself rethinking putting add ons on the website because the free version almost never has all the functions I need. I understand Wix is a business however and needs to find additional sources of revenue.
August 15, 2017
Judith E.
CEO/Bus Dev
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
April 15, 2017

“When to WIX, when not to WIX”

OverallSeveral years ago, I looked at several entry level website providers. I am not saying they are entry level providers, I mean that they offer entry level website feature sets. Because I had no experience building websites, I chose WIX over Wordpress. I thought Wordpress was a lot of work to learn. My site needs some functionality but it is not complex site. I also did not need an ecommerce site because I am not involved in ecommerce. So I chose WIX. I love WIX. I love the beauty of its templates, I love the flexibility of its design. I am not using the AI feature so I don't know anything about it. The WIX tutorials are some of the best I have ever used. The knowledge base answers nearly every question. I would recommend it to others and I would use it again. But for a different kind of website. Th big problem with WIX is they do not give you access to their source code. Also, if you want to add apps to your site, you must select from their app market. I will say there is a good selection that seems to be growing but what happens is that you end up cobbling together the available apps in order to offer additional services i.e. surveys, instruction manuals, ebooks, free trials and so forth. And WIX offers no live support. You must rely on the support of the app providers, many of whom are very good, I will say. But you can't change WIX. After many intensive months of learning WIX and its app market, I realized I could have learned Wordpress and had much easier time integrating apps from a much wider selection, as in - almost anything. So buying WIX depends on your needs. My website offers a lot of educational experiences and materials, so Wordpress would probably have been better, but WIX is enough. First figure out what functionality you need for your website, then look over the WIX app market to see what is available, then decide. Also WIX's blog is still fairly new and is a bit quirky. But if I were selling arts, food, jewelry, clothing, beautiful things, then I would say WIX all the way.
ProsBeautiful, easy to use templates
ConsLimited to using only the apps in their app market.
Recommendations to other buyersBefore you buy first figure out what functionality you need for your website, then look over the WIX app market to see what is available, then decide. Don't assume you will be able to get whatever you want.
April 15, 2017
Robin G.
Director of Community Relations and Outreach
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“Yes! You Can Build A Website ”

Pros Wix is the most awesome website builder ever! It provides everything from a landing page to a full functioning website with with e-commerce, fillable forms and all of the artwork you can imagine! It even provides the opportunity and tools necessary to connect your website to all social media. I handle multiple accounts and each account is just as easy as the very first one was, it is a site that allows you to grow as a business, an artist and an individual. If you feel that you cannot handle it there are experts waiting to help. The best part about the experts are that they listen and designed exactly what you ask for,
Cons The editing tools can be frustrating to work with as many options are preset.
Kayla S.
Office Manager/Graphic Design
October 3, 2017

“Extremely User-Friendly with a Manageable Interface”

ProsI like how quick you can put together a basic website for cheap (or even free). It's easy to navigate and everything is very straightforward, with handy tutorials in the off chance that some functionality is confusing. There's an Artificial Intelligence section that makes it even easier for people who aren't proficient in technology whatsoever. All you do is answer a few basic questions about what you want, and it puts an entire site together for you, including verbiage. It's incredible! I know my way around computers and code, but for the times my family members need a really short and sweet website for their very small company or service, I go in and get them something started within minutes. The design of WIX is very clean and concise as well, making it a pleasant experience rather than a stressful and frustrating one. I once had to create an extremely complex and in-depth website, and although I struggled, wix still managed to come through and provide almost everything I required within the site. I was very impressed.
ConsI don't like how constricted things are. If you're looking for a very specific site, or way of doing things (chances are there's a widget already designed and built for you) but you can't customize everything to a T (if you don't know how). You can go into the backend and fiddle with the CSS coding, but that means nothing to anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who wants a complex site with multiple layers and concepts, as it becomes difficult to maintain and design, and keep consistent. There's not much flexibility when it comes to the HTML (from a basic user standpoint) so if you have very specific ways you'd like your site to function, respond etc, this isn't for you and you should hire a professional to build one for you.
October 3, 2017
Amanda M.
author
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“Less Pressure than Others”

OverallOverall, I enjoy having a less stressful website to manage daily and this allows me to focus more of my attention and energy on my actual writing and art. My website's purpose is to promote the work, not BE the work.
ProsAfter years of using Wordpress, I appreciate the ease of the drag-and-drop features Wix offers. It feels a lot more user-friendly and is less stressful to set up and manage.
ConsWhile I appreciate the ease of Wix, I miss some of the more exclusive features of Wordpress that can be found in their PlugIn directory. Wix requires me to be more selective and creative with its features and my content.
September 18, 2019
David Y.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
August 5, 2019

“More templates than any other”

OverallWix is helping our business change and grow from where the website currently is to the new direction it is headed.
ProsWix has proven to stay relevant while keeping it's legacy templates and design. While others have moved on to less desirable methods. Wix is easy to use for anyone. Customer service is always just a call click or email away.
ConsHave not been able to find any compared to it's competition.
August 5, 2019
Beverly B.
Entrepreneur
Internet, Self-employed
March 15, 2019

“Easy to use for beginner /newbie”

OverallThe wix is perfect for beginners who wants to build their own website. It might takes a while but it's easy to understand everything.
ProsI personally used wix and I found it is easy to use and easy to navigate. All the features are easy to understand and what it is use for. It is also have lots of apps that offers free and paid which is very useful and gives more special features when you build your own website. Creating website on wix is very user friendly, as well as the customer support has been always reliable and promptly responded to every question. Every website I created on wix looks very professional although I never had a experienced on building website before. Connecting a domain name and hosting is very easy to follow and very convenient as you don't need to host in other hosting company and buying domain name in other website. The hosting from wix is cheap as well. I like the e commerce of the wix, its design, and features and filtering is far better than shopify. But some apps of wix is not as good as other apps you can find in shopify or woocommerce or other platforms. The templates in wix is also good as you have different options from different categories and you can easily edit it yourself.
ConsThe very basic hosting a domain which I have used is very slow, when my website opens and its just keep loading for quite long time. Same with the buttons whenever you click it, it takes a while before it open. I guess you get what you pay for for cheap hosting. Its just convenient to host with wix but you get better hosting and faster but same price with wix. The developer tools is quite complicated as a beginner /newbie I can't figure it out how to use it properly. The wix logo is OK but you have to pay for that service.
March 15, 2019
Printing, 1-10 employees
January 20, 2019

“advancement platform”

Overall It additionally has a toolbar that is like most word processors, so you can rapidly change text styles and backgrounds, or add pictures and videos to your page. It is additionally easy to sign up for an account.
Pros Wix is an online advancement platform that enables clients to make sites that are good with both personal computers and cell phones. Clients select a layout to begin their site with, and afterward drag, drop, and alter various components to create a site as large or as little as they need. How does Wix function? When you first visit Wix, you can choose a layout for your site (and Wix has many free formats for you to look over). From that point, you can adjust each part of each page on your site to address your issues. You can include content and pictures anyplace, and customize every page down to the last information. Furthermore, as opposed to expecting to compose the code of every page, drag and drop every component onto the page, and afterward utilize individual toolbars to modify them. The tool has numerous advantages which include: 1. Simple to use The menu of the platform is simple to use. You include content, pictures, shots, captures, forms, recordings, backgrounds, social media tools, and more, on any page of your site. site. Just tap the Add + button and select the type of component you want to add to the present page. Wix encourages you to make decisions at any time, exactly what you need. At this point, the finished article has been simplified at any time on the page. Then drag your finished product to the page where you want to go. 2. Proficient templates 3. Rich application market 4. Quick Customer Support 5.
Cons Costly 2.templates can't be changed effectively 3. Having to upgrade in order to be able to use all of the functions. conclusion Utilizing Wix is simple as a result of the several templates it gives.
January 20, 2019
Chawn Y.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
October 19, 2019

“Underestimated A Great Product”

OverallIn comparison to my first experience and subsequent experiences with other website builders, WIX gets a "10".
ProsLet me start be saying that I kind of underestimated WIX based on my initial use as a first-time website designer. I had not a clue about what I was doing and even what to expect in a website design platform. Fast forward a year later and 15+ websites later, I am a huge fan of WIX. I am currently using competitive platforms for my current websites but decided to build a resume website for a client. And oh my, I had no idea that WIX had so many add-on/plug-ins. And the flexibility of their FREE website builder is equivalent to that of their paid competitors. As a matter of fact, I wish I felt like rebuilding my 2 business websites, because I would definitely make the switch. But for now, all of my client websites will be built on WIX. I literally just discovered its awesomeness in the past couple of days. So, this is a raw reaction. What do I like most? #1 is all of the plug-ins/add-ons (ex: appointment setters, contact form, social media feed, blog, ecommerce, embed HTML, etc.). Plus, there are the many awesome design templates that are both desktop and mobile-friendly for easy deployment...
ConsHonestly, I have nothing negative to say about it.
October 19, 2019
Shannon H.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 25, 2019

“No experience needed to build beautiful websites”

OverallI have used Wix for over a decade for various projects including promotional websites for authors, game developers, fan sites, tattoo artists, printing companies, Kickstarter campaign landing pages and more. Wix is the most versatile and easy-to-use web building software available, especially to individuals with little-to-no experience building websites.
ProsNo coding knowledge is needed to create multi-functional websites. Also, the online image library (both the Wix free images and the paid library). I also really like the ease for the process of changing the color theme across the entire site as well as all the matching components like menus, buttons, forms etc. that are available, for free, to enhance your online brand identity.
ConsA lot of the fundamental elements used to increase the functionality or ease of use for webmasters are paid services separate from the web host fee. I think the 'pro-version' of the widgets should be included in all levels of the subscription.
August 25, 2019
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
December 30, 2018

“Wix is a way better CMS than Wordpress.... If only I had known earlier”

ProsWix is a great CMS platform for publishing websites, it has many pros including: 1) Easy to use Design Editor - Wix has a true WIYSIWYG editor with drag and drop functionality. I have been able to set up websites way quicker on Wix than I ever did on Wordpress. And you can easily drag elements around the design and they stay exactly where you leave them, which can make for some eye sour or some fun whichever way you look at it. 2) SEO features are on point - One thing a lot of people do not know is that Wix has the best SEO settings of any CMS today. In fact, Google ranks Wix as one of its content partners and within a few hours, you can easily have your pages indexed in Google. 3) All Templates are customizable - Unlike most CMS platforms, any templates you use in Wix can be customized to your heart's desire. I thought this was a hoax at first coming from another CMS but once I played around with my Wix account, I was able to edit templates and even messed around with HTML coding. 4) Wix Apps are functional - Wix has a number of apps that you can use to enhance your website and these apps actually work. They are not plugins but work almost like programs with Wix if that makes sense. The number of apps is a bit underwhelming though. 5) Price points do drop from time to time - Wix runs promos on yearly hosting almost monthly so you can find a good deal for premium hosting if you keep your eye out for a deal.
ConsWix has a couple of cons though: 1) Pricing is a bit weird, its more per website - When you set up a Wix account, it is limited to one website. If you want to add another domain, you have to set up another Wix account for this. If there was a way to manage multiple websites from one dashboard or account it would really be helpful. 2) Apps selection seems underwhelming - As mentioned, Wix does have very useful apps, but the selection feels a bit underwhelming. Maybe it is because I have come from using Wordpress a lot but it just feels like more could be done in this department.
December 30, 2018
Thelma H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
June 25, 2019

“My thoughts on Wix”

OverallOver-all I have had a positive experience as a user of Wix. I would be willing to suggest the use of it to someone else.
ProsI have created many websites from various companies over the years and Wix is one of my favorites. I created my site without the assistance of the website assistance that of course has a fee. In some respects, I wish that I had done so because it would have eliminated the extra stress of formatting and logistics that were needed for my site. I am still learning and trying to make the website more user-friendly. It is not because of Wix that I have not fully accomplished that goal. It is solely based on my own indecision in the direction of my projected desired results.
ConsI am having issues with exporting of data. I Tried on several attempts to move some of my most important information from another website and wasn't able to do it. SEO is still a bit tricky for me but I have to say that the techs have been great with helping to work out the kinks. My biggest challenge has been trying to restructure pages once they have been created. Navigation is a bit difficult for users which is very frustrating. I am not sure if it is due to the template that I chose or glitz in the formation of the site it's self. I would also like to add widgets the way I could do on other platforms. Last, I still am having issues linking my social media accounts with the widgets provided by Wix.
June 25, 2019
Glen H.
Lead Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
August 12, 2019

“Easy Web Design and Web Page for Less! ”

OverallOur church needed a webpage that would look professional without paying thousands of dollars. We now have one that looks like a million bucks for only a few dollars a month!
ProsThe Wix platform is so simple and easy to use. Designing a webpage is a snap with Wix! The approach is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) and is a easy as click and drag. And the results are professional and gorgeous!
ConsThere are no cons to the WiX platform! The approach is so user friendly and easy to use that you can't fail!
August 12, 2019
Béline F.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“A good balance”

ProsI often recommend to my clients, who tend to be busy small business owners, to pick wix for their website needs. It fits the bill in terms of ease of use vs ease of personalization. The free templates are a decent place to start at for the person who just needs to get it done fast, and the drag and drop features, as well as the ability to change the template, allows for flexibility for those who have something precise in mind.
ConsFeatures such as the email client (to send newsletters) or the domain name purchase are weaker, and the person who wants everything in the same spot will pay more for less performant tools. The add-ons to improve on basic features can add to your bill quick, and making a choice between the several options available for e-commerce, email, customer management etc... can be overwhelming.
Stefan K.
Student
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Wix/Review”

OverallYes, I made my page with Wix. I'm not a computer technician but i know the basics. The process of creating my website was not that difficult. I had some problems with the alignment of some elements, but with a little effort I managed to sort it out . I think that Wix is a great way for beginers like my self to make a goodlooking and professional webpage. The benefits are obvious, my page is online and all the people in the world can see my work and most importantly i created it for free. Hope i helped you. Best regards.
ProsAdvantages of using Wix technology - Contains over 500 eye-pleasing and professional page design templates. The templates are tailored to different branches of the business industry so that each business can create a website exactly to their own needs - Wix.com has the most templates when compared to other website creation technologies using Drag & Drop -Contains a lot of "ads-on" that is interesting content that can be added to the website. These content are free to use and are tailored to experienced and novice users alike -Customer help is always available through calls, emails or forums -Technology provides a very easy way to build a website using Drag & Drop; you select the elements and just upload them to the web page -Very desirable tool for first-time users when designing a website
ConsDisadvantages of using WIX technology -The tool is free to use, as is the site itself however if the user is not willing to invest some of the money, the site will constantly throw out ads about Wix itself and the site domain will have wix.com in itself -If the technology is Drag & Drop based, it still has several drawbacks when adding a particular element to the page (e.g., the element does not want to be positioned in a specific place) Although Wix has its own ads-ons, it also allows the use of other 3th party ads-ons, however, it turns out that they are not fully compatible with wix technology and that they are not ultimately doing the right thing -Inability to export data, wix does not allow data or page code to be exported
Debbie F.
Business Owner-Instructor
Entertainment, Self-employed
July 26, 2019

“Steady But Slow”

OverallSlow download speeds aside, however, I've been pleased overall with Wix. They've allowed me to create a relatively inexpensive but professional website, which in turn helps me make a positive impression on potential clients. I'm quite fussy about my website details (probably thanks to my graphic designer mom), so I appreciate the ability to start with a template but then dive deep and tweak every last thing. Overall, I really like my website...and am actually quite proud of it!
ProsTemplates, templates and more templates! If you are willing to be flexible with the specific details of your finished website, the templates that Wix offers are easy to customize and look far more professional than what the average person would piece together on his/her own.
ConsThe time it takes for the website to load seems SUPER slow. I don't have very many photos (and no videos at all) on my site, and it still takes several seconds to completely load. It doesn't seem to matter what decide, either...iPhone, laptop or desktop. Download times of 5-10 seconds are not ideal for grabbing potential customers' attention right away.
July 26, 2019
Huong T.
Digital Developer
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2018

“Wix can be the first step to anyone's creative career”

OverallIt was more than awesome! Again, Wix has helped me with first steps transforming from a print designer to a web designer/developer, and I'm pretty thankful that I have found a tool that brought me the interest of development. 10/10, highly recommend for people who needs a quick but beautiful website without coding knowledge.
ProsSimple, easy to use and powerful. I didn't know what coding is but I needed a builder to help me with building a porfolio website and I found Wix. It helped me to build an impressive website with all the magic animation (if you're creative you can do so much!) All the drag-n-drop function makes websites fun and even a 5th grader can create his own site. Wix has templates but it's way more fun to customize your own and make it unique. The cost to host it with Wix and have a domain isn't terrible either. Best fit for personal portfolio or young entrepreneurs didn't have a fund to hire web developers. P/S: I was a designer at the moment I found WIX, but it made me become more interested in Website, eventually I learn more about programming and languages, and grow out of Wix, but Wix sure was the first wonderful step in my career transitioning (I'm now a web designer/developer)
ConsIt was absolutely perfect for me when I didn't know any coding/programming. You can pay a little to get rid of the little Wix text at the bottom but the free version isn't the worst. But once you have knowledge about backend, Wix can be a bit limited (as to the functions and customization)
October 23, 2018
July 27, 2018

“Easy to use to those who don't know programming logic and wish to build their website as they want. ”

ProsWix provides most of the tools to build almost all categories from personal to business website.As I am not good in programming wix has given life to my first website which I build for my personal use but as I got working hands on wix interface, I started building website for other clients also.Soon my work gets appreciated because the template wix facilitate is latest and easy to customize so the same template looks different and apart from endless tools which we can purchase and use ,wix provides FREE app to use make site total professional. Adsense is the most demanded facility that most of the customer wish to add on their website. SEO,Analytics are tools that every developer longing to work on but wix make it easy to understand.There is a lot to write but I finish it off discussing the CODE feature which provides developer "build a database" and "video tutorial" to guide.I find wix as complete web development kit and love to recommend you all .
ConsWix shows its branded ads over Free and Connect Domain plans I think if it will provide limited time facility like paid plan for first time user then new user can enjoy more their work.Being a wix user ,somtime at the begning, I think of switching my website to another platform but seems more difficult to do so.
July 27, 2018
Stiffani R.
Consultor de Servicio y Soporte
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Create professional websites without programming!”

OverallI have used this application for the creation of informative websites of small companies, as well as virtual stores, in a simple way and in a short time.
ProsWix is a really wonderful tool, which allows you to create professional websites without having programming knowledge. This is one of the aspects that I like the most, because in this way it is accessible to any person, and for people who already have experience in the development of web sites, it makes the work even easier. On the other hand offers a wide variety of templates with different themes, colors and styles, among which you can choose, saving the need to design your website from scratch, coupled with the fact that employs the latest in technology such as html5, in addition to have a responsive design, so that it adapts to the different screen sizes of the devices of the users that access the site, ensuring the correct and pleasant visualization of the site in each of them. It also offers a domain to store your website, although if you want to host it in an external domain it is also possible. It also provides newsletter services allowing you to send news and information of interest to the different users from your account. Finally one of the most remarkable aspects is that it incorporates SEO tools, so that in addition to allowing the design and development of a website, it offers the possibility of positioning it in the search engines so that its content is shown to users with priority over other websites.
ConsAlthough it is a great tool, as expected the free version is limited and shows a lot of publicity which can be annoying for users. Likewise, there will always be a dependence on the platform, and in case of requiring an extension or changes to the website, it should be evaluated if the wix platform allows them to be made, otherwise it will be necessary to opt for another platform or develop a website Independent.
March 26, 2019
Ayon S.
Film Maker
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
August 15, 2019

“The most intuitive website builder ”

OverallPlus Wix provides you domain hosting and maintenance, so if you want your domain and website at the same place, you will find Wix extremely helpful. Even though I own a domain from another host, linking it up with my Wix account and thereby with my website has been super easy. People often compare Wix with WordPress. I used both but found Wix to be far more easy, robust and stable with an interface that makes sense. Will definitely recommend Wix to anybody who wants to make a gorgeous looking website with amazing features.
ProsWell, I have been using Wix for more than a year now, the best thing about Wix is that it provides such enormous options and features to its users in such an intuitive way. Wix welcomes you with two set of template styles, one which contains numerous beautiful readymade yet fully customisable templates and the other one is like an artificial assistant which helps the user build their own website from ground up. After this initial process, we enter the main phase of building a website. This is where Wix beats most of its competitors, as the whole process is so smooth and easy to learn. Its like using a sophisticated computer software, drag and drop, effective media management, loads of addons and widgets, easy to learn interface yet robust functionality. Every option is located just where a user expects them to be. Plus Wix provides solid support for SEO of your website. I do like the preview feature which provides precise look of your website both in desktop and mobile version, which makes it easy to adjust your site for both the viewing experiences. Wix also provide professional custom email facilities which is great for business purposes.
ConsI really sat for few minutes just trying to think what can I write that I like least about Wix. Sorry couldn't find any, as of now.
Annya M.
Senior Designer
Architecture & Planning, 1001-5000 employees
August 15, 2019

“Great website building site”

OverallOverall I've had a good experience with Wix. It's been easy to use, and have been able to create a website myself with no website design experience
ProsThe website it's refined and extremely user friendly. I was able to create a website without any HTML or coding knowledge. It's easy to create pages, links, add images and videos. There are many free layouts to start with which are a time saver. There is also a large library of free stock images that can be used on your sites. You have options to create many types of websites, even online stores. There are also options to create emails and newsletters which can be send to subscribers. There are also a lot of apps that can be used to manage and enhance your website. There are visitor analytics to track all foot traffic, search bars, SEO enhancers, etc. The list is long of all the apps available that can help you with your website
ConsThere are not a lot of things I disliked about this website. The only thing I can really comment is that they do charge for pretty much any extra item that you add to your site. Although there are many free apps and add-ins to manage your website, the free ones are limited in their capabilities which force you to purchase it if you really would like to use it