Dr.Explain Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About Dr.Explain

Software for creating on-line manuals, user guides, help files, and support documentation for software products and services. Learn more about Dr.Explain

Ricardo N.
Sr business analyst
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
March 1, 2019

“Simple and powerful ”

OverallI was documenting business processes for a large organisation and needed to record all links and how they worked. I initially was aiming for a chm file, but the website was so easy to generate and easy to use that I soon switched. It also allowed me to be platform independent.
ProsIt was very easy to enter new data or to import it. I wondered how well it would perform in a big project but it has performed admirably never worrying about 1500 html pages with multiple links between them. I have had many questions and found a couple of small bugs as I was really pushing the envelope. Their support team answered all my questions the same day and often came up with great suggestions. They really won me over.
ConsAt one stage I inadvertently clicked on an icon that meant do not publish this page. It took me some searching to find it. The amazing thing was that their support people offered to do the search for me! And it was my fault. I did find it.
March 1, 2019
Miroslav H.
CIO
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2018

“Very satisfied”

OverallGood price. We were expecting some GUI improvement, but last version had solved it.
ProsEasy to use, perfect outputs, we are very sasfied with creating manual for our Learning Management System EDUNIO.

By Indigo Byte Systems on February 21, 2018
Thank you for your review, Miroslav. We'll continue to enhance the product in next releases.
February 20, 2018
Charlie C.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
December 2, 2019

“New Improved and Great Support!”

OverallMy questions were answered quickly and explained in a manor easy to follow. Great support!
ProsIt's very easy to use and best it's easy to modify as the exe changes are made. Support was great and very fast. Great improvement from the previous version. Much easier to make changes.
ConsNo issues I can think of. There are some more areas that can be improved but definitely not a deal breaker. The product only continues to improve.
December 2, 2019
Maximilien R.
Developper
Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees
February 6, 2018

“Very easy to use, and efficient.”

ProsThe snapshot feature is really cool, and the ability to export in multiple format files is multiple is convenient. The variable feature allows to update easily.
ConsThe page layout is a little limited with missing options , and the refresh of the online index is useless.

By Indigo Byte Systems on February 16, 2018
Maximilien, thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important. Could you please send a more detailed feature request regarding missing options in layout to help@drexplain.com ?
February 6, 2018
Bertwin B.
Developer
February 15, 2018

“The interface is very intuitive. I got along with the application quickly.”

Pros- Clean & intuitive Interface. - Full featured trail version. - Full example provided. - Four export formats (HTML, RTF, CHM, PDF). - Screen cap tool automatically detects GUI controls.
Cons- No freehand screen capture. - If you open a Project two times from explorer by accident, the software freezes. This issue was reported by me and should be fixed soon.

By Indigo Byte Systems on February 16, 2018
Hello Bertwin, Thank you for your review. I'd like to comment some of your concerns. To crop your picture in Designer Mode please use Screenshot Editor tab in the left part of the designer. As for program freeze, we aim to deliver a reliable and and user friendly software product and our QA team cannot reproduce the described issue. Could you please contact us via help@drexplain.com with more details?
February 15, 2018
Mario M.
Director of Operations
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 3, 2019

“Outstanding product”

ProsOne of the best Tech Support currently in the software market
ConsAfter 5 years using the apps, I can't find a single cons