User Interviews Ratings

Overall
4.9/5

About User Interviews

User Interviews is a user research platform that helps UX and product professionals make better business decisions. Recruit any audience, anywhere in the U.S. fast with prices starting at just $20 per recruited participant. Recruit for moderated or unmoderated, remote or in-person studies. Choose from consumers or professionals within our vetted database of over 100,000. We can even help you recruit from your own database with our Research Hub product. It's free to create an account! Learn more about User Interviews

Mental Health Care, 10,001+ employees
June 19, 2019

“One Stop Shop for Market Research”

OverallAlways reliable and professional, User Interviews does one thing and does it extremely well - they take care of all things users/participants for your market research projects. They handle recruiting, scheduling, platforms, and incentive payment for any type of market research project. They are capable of finding any type of participant no matter how specialized, and the people they recruit have proven to be authentic, dependable, and helpful.
ProsIn our experience, they have an excellent, vetted, varied, and reliable panel of participants. We have completed projects with User Interviews requiring small and large numbers of your average joes to highly customized and unique participants, and everything in between. Not only has User Interviews always successfully recruited participants for us quickly, but they have also done so with participants that are knowledgeable and dependable. I think we have only had something like 2 or 3 no shows in all of our time working together.
ConsThe only really con I can come up with is their limited options offered when it comes to incentive payment. While they handle this portion of the market research process quickly and accurately, they do so essentially only with the option of incentive payment by Amazon gift card. I realize this is usually a popular way to go, but I just wish they had more gift cards - in particular Visa gift cards - as a way to attract a wider range of respondents.
June 19, 2019
Jadah C.
Market Research, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2018

“Simplistic yet Innovative!”

OverallThe benefits are largely the saving of both time and money. This product delivers quality results at a low cost and comes packaged in a clean, well managed and extremely well serviced platform. I have had nothing but positive experiences interacting with various members of the team and highly encourage the use of this software to supplement any business need.
ProsThis software is extremely intuitive and does not require training nor comprehensive practice in order to be able to leverage effectively. It is a streamlined way to expand your reach and increase your audience. The program works fluidly and at an extremely balanced & fair rate that allows for maximum use. I love this product!
ConsThere are some projects that demand more dynamic programming, specifically display logic, but the beauty of this software is that if any issues do present themselves, the team is very quick to problem solve and provide solutions.
December 5, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
September 14, 2019

“User Interviews”

OverallYes, I love my experience with User Interviews. I would definitely recommend to any user or business who wants to obtain market information.
ProsI am a user on User Interviews. It is very easy to use and keep track of participation. The customer service is very helpful and responsive. They are always trying to stay up to date and make things easier and interactive for users.
ConsAs a user, I would want to see what surveys I have already completed in terms of first signing up. I don't like how I can fill out the initial survey more than once.
September 14, 2019
Yan G.
UX Lead
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 11, 2019

“Great tool but has room to grow.”

OverallIt's a great tool! We love it! It meets our budget needs, helps us rapidly recruit people for different research and testing needs and people working at UI are simply great! always flexible and helpful!
ProsFairly easy, simple and affordable. Good for rapid recruitment of people for testing, interviews and other research needs.
ConsThere are several issues, not major ones, but definitely need improvements, such as ability to mix and match user types and not just lock us into a two type selection, also, when we approve users, it would be great if we could export data only of the participants and not entire list.
March 11, 2019
Timothy M.
Associate Strategist in Public Education
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2019

“Made Facilitating Empathy Interviews Easy”

OverallThe small, nimble design strategy organization I work for facilitates people in human-centered design. One of the key components to human-centered design is interacting and empathizing with the people you serve or design for. User Interviews made it easy to find the right research participants for the client we were working for/with. The results from using User Interviews were fantastic. Our client was happy that we pulled in their core customers into the research and the workshop participants got to experience what it was like to truly conduct user resarch first-hand. It was a win on all fronts.
ProsThe overall flow of the system. One can easily look through a large number of people who qualify for the user research you want to conduct. If one of the people you approve for your research drops out then User Interviews automatically contacts the next person on the list that you approved. This was massively helpful because we did in fact have a someone drop out the day before the session but this software found someone in time. Life saver.
ConsThe interface when trying to look at each potential research participant felt a bit clunky. I had to open each person in a new tab.
May 20, 2019
Beth K.
UX Researcher | Educator | Designer
Design, Self-employed
May 6, 2019

“Use This”

ProsI've user UserInterviews.com quite a few times, and it has worked out well every time. For all but my most specialized studies, I use it to find a great mix of participants in an easy & affordable manner. And if I do need some assistance from a human, they are always prompt & helpful.
ConsNothing, it works great for finding participants for most studies.
May 6, 2019
Jay Z.
UX Designer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Great resource for UX research”

OverallCompared to user research recruiting agencies I've used in the past, User Interviews is much cheaper and provides the same quality for my domain.
ProsUser Interviews has consistently produced quality candidates for my UX research needs. Results are also quick, enabling me to set up a study within days. Customer support is also excellent. They've even notified me of mistakes in my screener.
ConsThere are a few inefficiencies in the app, making some common tasks a bit annoying but the team is open to feedback and I see regular improvements.
March 19, 2019
Juan A.
UX Researcher
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
January 25, 2019

“Brilliant!”

OverallWe can't do research without it!
ProsReliable and inexpensive platform for both-person and remote moderated testing. Key features I enjoy are work calendar sync, visibility for other team members, participant validity, strong customer service, and a clean interface.
ConsNothing major at all. Only two minor things I'd like to see improved or added are: (1) filtering for screener questions and (2) message all participants rather than 1 by 1, especially for larger and remote studies.
January 25, 2019
Laura B.
Owner and Principal Researcher
Design, 501-1000 employees
December 10, 2018

“Easy to use and great results!”

OverallMy experience with User Interviews with top notch, and I have already recommended them to a number of colleagues in high tech companies around the Bay area. The customer support is responsive and knowledgeable and answered all my questions quickly. The price is also very reasonable in my opinion. User Interviews is my go-to company for user research.
ProsI initially used User Interviews for recruiting remote online participants. Every participant was well qualified and there were no no-shows. That alone is an achievement.
ConsThere is no way to message all participants at once so you have to contact each one individually for things like NDA's. Not a big deal but it's the only thing I found that was less convenient.
December 10, 2018
Maya G.
User Research Coordinator
Internet, 501-1000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Made my job so much easier! ”

OverallGreat user research tool for anyone handling the launching of projects and the coordination side of things.
ProsI love how much manual effort this software saves me in terms of screening, scheduling, and compensating participants for research. Lots of time saved by these automated features! I also love that confirmation and reminder messages are sent automatically as well. SO helpful.
ConsThere are some functionalities that haven't been implemented yet, but the great thing about User Interviews is they are very open and communicative about improvements in the works.
March 5, 2019
Alexander B.
UX Design Associate
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
December 22, 2018

“Great for recruiting for usability testing”

OverallHighly reccomend, great return on investment.
ProsI use User Interview to recruit participants for user testing at my current work and have been impressed with the participants they have been able to get for me. The quality of the participants for the demographic I need has always been great. I don't think I use everything their company offers but I love what I do use them for.
ConsThe only thing I can complain about is that the price of users is a bit high. For the time and energy it takes out of my work it's worth it to me, but it might not be to other companies.
December 22, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
February 14, 2019

“After a slightly rough start, great service and lots of useful data”

OverallI was researching the giving habits of small donors (wo give between $1,000 and $10,000 annually). Within a few hours of my request going live, I had 150 responses. I interviewed five (so had a huge choice) but found the responses to my four selection questions extremely useful (am even writing an article based on those!). So I feel I got a double benefit - the live interviews and the data from the selection questions.
ProsThe customer service. The first time I filled out the new project form, I was rather confused and got a lot of things wrong. I asked for help and within minutes heard back from a customer service representative who took me through the process and even helped improve my questionnaire! Then I was assigned a staff person whom I contacted for further advice a few days later. I have rarely experienced such great, personalized customer service.
ConsFilling out a new project questionnaire for the first time.
Lana C.
UX Researcher
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2019

“Great Service”

OverallOverall, the product has worked really well for us and if we ever have an issue customer service is very quick to respond and address any issues. So, I don't have any complaints.
ProsIt does a chunk of the recruiting work for me, they have a large database of users.
ConsI don't have anything that I really dislike, it has the features I need.
June 4, 2019
David W.
Design Consultant
Design, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 14, 2019

“Super support and value for my project”

OverallUser Interviews unloads me with the logistics of running user research and expands on my ability to recruit. And when things don't work like I think they should, my User Interviews Project Manager figures out how to guide me or to make things work for me.
ProsThe software automates my recruiting process and reminders and scheduling.
ConsNot all the email forms work perfectly and not all the parts function exactly as I'd want, but I make my needs known and make suggestions and they are welcome.
Piyabalo P.
Chief Logistics Specialist
Military, 10,001+ employees
December 1, 2018

“Great Customer Support”

ProsEasy to setup a project. Customer service is second to none!
ConsNone... Outstanding Support even if I am still waiting for the potential participants to come in.
December 1, 2018
Zoe F.
Insights Lead
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
March 8, 2019

“Great users and great customer support from User Interviews”

ProsUI provided really great hands-on customer support, the interface is very easy to use, and the users that we received for our research were great with few cancellations.
ConsI needed to create 6 different groups with similar screeners and wished that I didn't have to create each independently. Essentially, I needed a different setup structure than they provide. This issue is not typically a problem for my work.
March 8, 2019
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
April 4, 2019

“High quality and easy from start to finish”

OverallScheduling was fast and easy. Users came into our office and they were really high quality. I was very impressed with the entire experience. I will definitely be using them again!
ProsThe platform was easy to navigate, UI provided helpful feedback to me (which I immediately incorporated), and I got high quality users to talk with.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say about them.
April 4, 2019