Structural Ratings

Overall

About Structural

Structural brings together people data from across an organization to create stunningly rich profiles in an all-in-one people directory. The ability to access this data, via intelligent search, allows you to quickly and easily find and connect with experts in your organization, identify similarities in top-performing team members, and much more. Structural makes these profiles accessible to everyone so organizations can replace isolation and noise with connection, agility, real-time insight. Learn more about Structural

Mike S.
Media Strategy & Production
December 4, 2017

“Really nice for my company, but could be perfect for many other companies.”

ProsThe interface is modern, personality tab is cool. This is ideal for events and new hires mingling well with existing hires. This has been a very customization and therefore very relevant tool for the corporate arm of our company.
ConsThe big problem with most tools like this is fostering engagment for everyone in the company. There are so many communication tools but Structural should be treated a little differently. It should be treated more as an digital intercom that's also a very attractive corporate directory. Also, it was once a little glitchy. The log in issues were a problem starting out, but then later were addressed and have been resolved. There are a lot of hot pushes that make the app restart, but as the app gets more mature, I can assume there would be less.
201-500 employees
December 5, 2017

“It is an easy to you company directory that has bonus functions compared to baked in directories.”

OverallI primarily use it as a company directory as a system admin for my company. It is quicker than Office 365 at serving up search results.
ProsI like that it has a lot of profile fields. My favorite is Starbucks Order because it is an easy way to give an quick, affective gift to a co-worker.
ConsI do not like that posting is restricted to 1 or few people. I think it keeps the product a directory and not a corporate social network. Even if managers could post, that would be an improvement.
December 5, 2017
Isaiah F.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2017

“Structural is a great way to connect with other members of your company!”

OverallPretty much what I said in my review. It's a nice way to stay connected to what's happening in your company.
Pros- Easy way to find people in the company for any purpose. The app sorts by interests, skills, and other profile information. Also has been useful to find emails and phone numbers. - Keeps track of work anniversaries, birthdays, and other milestones for you. Makes it easier to be personal! - Nice activity feed that helps you keep track of important company announcements, news, social media presence. - Anonymous polls are a great way to get a pulse on your team or department. - Customizable push notifications allow me to see what other users are up to without having to check all the time.
Cons- Seems to use a lot of my phone's resources. Sometimes shuts down unexpectedly. (although better recently) - Wish that you could send messages in-app. It has a slack integration, but sometimes it would be easier to just to directly message people.
November 29, 2017
rebecca h.
Chief Brand Officer
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
October 29, 2018

“Imporve your organization's culture”

ProsWith employees located in various locations outside of our headquarters, Structural is a channel for us to increase our internal communication resulting in improved culture.
ConsI wish we could comment on posts but know they are working on that for the next release.
Phyllis M.
Loan Operations Lead

“Structural”

OverallSatisfied
ProsI do like being able to contact someone on the People page and seeing their phone number and email are very helpful
ConsOn the Connect page it would be nice if we could write a comment also instead of just checking a thumbs up
Jasmine R.
Relationship Teller
Banking, 501-1000 employees

“Who knew?”

OverallI remember when I first got hired, and went through orientation, there is when I had to initially download the app. I remember signing up and scrolling through all the things people had already shared and thinking wow, I know none of these people but they seem so open and comfortable with each other to be able to share things about their family, and the things they do as co workers. And then I remember going through the list of employees and coming across a familiar name. Someone I had went to high school, and had been very close to but had not spoken with in a long time. That is when I found their email and the first week working I shot them an email. It's nice to be friends again
ProsStructural is an easy way to get to know co workers without seeing them everyday. With people being spread over different locations it's a nice way to communicate without being there in person and still feeling comfortable sharing things with those you work with.
ConsI currently hold no bad things to say about the app. I continue to use it here and there but for the most part it's usually when events are going on and I like to see how awesome the company and the people I work with are!
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2018

“Review of Structural after 1 year of use. ”

OverallWhen traveling to other locations or offices, Structural does a good job giving a snapshot of their environment/team.
ProsThe software is easy to use. Our company uses this as a way to house contact info across the company with a personal touch i.e. Instagram profile, personal likes/disliks, and personality profile. I also like the event functionality. Seems to house information for our conferences which is helpful.
ConsSlightly redundant and creates another platform to check when corporate houses messages or information. Exchange also houses everyone in our company's contact info.
Megan S.
Delivery Administrative Assistant
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
October 26, 2018

“Great way to keep in touch with your company!”

OverallIt keeps our company's employees engaged and in communication and we are able to see workflow of office departments.
ProsIt looks awesome and it is very easy to use. I was able to click around and figure out cool features of the app just after downloading. I can view the items I have in common with my coworkers, keep up with company updates, and find contact information for anyone in the company at a click of a button.
ConsIt does tend to crash sometimes and the search function can be a little glitchy.
Joe W.
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Experience with Structural”

OverallIt's the best.
ProsStructural has changed the way I interact with my employees. I now have a chance to refresh my memory before arriving at meetings with employees.
ConsI wish it interacted with my contacts in Outlook.
Damien B.
Operations Administrator
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2017

“Structural has helped us locate key information on our co-workers and others.”

OverallI love being able to send polls to our team for answers when we are trying to make quick decisions.
ProsLove having the ability to see information about people that you should have already known (i.e. spouses names, birthdays, etc.). Having access to this information means that you don't have to embarrass yourself by asking for this information again.
ConsI think there is a bit of confusion around posts. For example: you would think that selecting your "Team" would allow you to post something to everyone in your company. Instead, you have to select "My Location" to contact your team. This has confused me and others.
Elizabeth H.
Development Director
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2018

“Structural for a real estate development, construction, and management company”

OverallWe have had a very positive response to structural among all levels of employees. Leaders and new hires love Structural and it has been immensely helpful to allow staff to post information about recent achievements or events.
ProsI love Structural's ability to connect employees who are located throughout the Midwest. Oftentimes our construction and management site staff are unfamiliar with the corporate office staff and with Structural it is easy to familiarize yourself with employees that you may not see face to face everyday.
ConsThe software is simple to use and I don't have any complaints.
Paige H.
Manager of Internal Hiring
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

“Very Glitchy”

Overallnot a fan. never works when i log on
Prosi like being able to see other people in the company profiles
Consit is very glitchy - it never loads

By Structural on November 13, 2018
Hi Paige! My name is Hannah and I lead the Customer Success team at Structural. Very sorry to hear that your Structural experience has been less than ideal so far. Eight Eleven Group has been a customer since Structural's early labs phase, and you may have experienced some issues with our beta product that no longer impact our production users. If you're willing, we'd love to walk you through the current version of the product to make sure the issues you experienced previously are fully resolved for you. In addition, we sent you an email with few ideas that may help resolve the issues you may have experienced in earlier versions. We're committed to your success, so please feel free to get in touch any time by emailing us at support@Structural.com, and we'd be happy to help resolve any issues you're still experiencing. Looking forward to connecting.
Chad H.
Designer
11-50 employees
November 6, 2017

“Great app that makes me more productive and connected.”

ProsThe Structural app allows me to find co-workers with certain skillsets. The design is intuitive and clean!
ConsThe search results could be better/more organized. Elastic search didn't always get me the desired result.
November 6, 2017
October 26, 2018

“Structural is integral for keeping our company aligned”

OverallMy overall experience is positive. It is an easy digest to stay aligned in a constantly changing environment.
Pros- I like the ability to interact with the posts, i.e: surveys, form fills, etc. Really enhances the experience and company culture.
ConsThe only cons are things that can be changed in the personal settings in terms of volume of alerts and push notifications etc.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
December 8, 2017

“Structural has been a key piece of our employee experience and culture strategy ”

ProsThe simple and clean design of the mobile app makes it easy for anyone in the organization to pick up Structural and use it with ease.
ConsUnderstanding team make up is critical for an early stage company like ours - I'm looking forward to additional insights and the continued improvement of the "Personality" tab on each user's profile.
December 8, 2017

“online community”

OverallI wish it was SSO with our work login. We have so many sites that they want us to use it gets hard to keep track of all of the passwords.
ProsWe are a company that is spread out over several states. It's nice to put a face with a name. The more people that use it the more useful it is.
ConsI'm not a fan of social media personally. I don't like too much personal info about me being online. There should be an easier way to quickly get further in the list. like click on a letter across the top and be taken to anyone with a
Brigitte H.
Financial Analyst
November 28, 2017

“Great way to connect with co-workers”

ProsI like the search function and the ability to discover interests, personalities, and other relevant information about the people I work with daily. The polls feature is also very useful.
ConsLooking forward to seeing more and more functionality incorporated into the product - around sorting, filtering, etc.
Stefanie S.
HR Manager

“Structure ”

ProsAvailability to have employee names, titles, depts., and contact info in one spot. On landing page having special events that are happening today is great!
ConsNot overly robust and doesn't seem very user friendly to click from one section to the next.
PAUL B.
Vice President

“Not a Frequent User”

OverallSeeing what others are up to in other offices is a benefit.
ProsI do like to see what others are up to in the company, but I am not a very frequent user and rarely post anything in any social media. But this particular application seems very good for the company's use.
ConsI am not completely comfortable with everyone having access to my information.
Regina S.
Administrative and Sales Coordinator
Furniture, 51-200 employees
April 4, 2018

“Easy to use and easy to keep up-to-date with my company ”

OverallI like keeping up with all my coworkers, even the ones I don't interact with daily.
ProsProvides contact information for everyone enterprise wide. Also gives important dates so you don't forget to recognize and acknowledge your coworkers
ConsSometimes logs me out for no apparent reason. Often times badge does not go away even after I have gotten caught up.
April 4, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“A great product!”

ProsIt was very easy to use. I also found the customer support to be second-to-none.
ConsI honestly don't have many complaints. I guess maybe at the outset it was not immediately obvious how everything works, but after an hour or so poking around I found it pretty easy to pick up.

“Easy to Use”

OverallI was initially skeptical because it would be another app on my phone but in the end very happy I downloaded it. Easy to stay in touch with coworkers, especially if you are in different locations!
ProsEasy way to be connected with co-workers, even in off hours.
Consthere really isn't anything I have found that I don't like.
Regina S.
Administrative assistant-Sales Coordinator
December 4, 2017

“Easy to use. Handy tool. Informative. ”

ProsThe ease with which I can find enterprise wide contact info for individuals. Being notified of birthdays. Reading the personality summaries.
ConsStill not sure how or if I can make my own post on here. Would like a more in-depth tutorial or an online resource that I could access from the app.
Mary S.
Vice President
October 28, 2018

“Structural ”

ProsAbility to look of colleagues' contact information, birthday and anniversary information, etc. Social postings are fun and less distracting over the app than other forums.
ConsUneven consistency of notifications (some days it works, others it doesn't).
October 28, 2018

“Structural Review”

OverallI think it's fine but it's not something I'm going to log into everyday or really have a huge need for
ProsI like that you can keep employee data that's not typical for an HRIS system here
ConsI don't feel the data is that important to a business
Hailey J.
Brand Manager
January 10, 2018

“A great employee engagement tool that allows employers to instill company culture globally ”

ProsThe ease in the ability to engage with all employees or create targeted audiences for messages. It has been fun to see employees start interacting and embracing the tool.
January 10, 2018
John H.
Web Developer
Internet, 51-200 employees
November 6, 2018

“Another social network, but this time for the office”

ProsEasy way to find coworkers' info if there isn't already a directory.
ConsIt's yet another social network and it's for work. I personally find it annoying and I don't engage with it.
October 30, 2018

“Can be useful for nationwide organizations”

OverallI see the potential if used as prescribed.
ProsVery user friendly, easy to navigate, good idea
ConsI think it's a good idea, however, not if there is a lot of use throughout the different departments
October 30, 2018
Kaylene N.
SBA Operations Specialist 2

“Functional”

ProsIt is functional and allows me to easily see what others are doing
Consno IM system to quickly communicate with others
Derek S.
UI/UX Designer
Internet, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2018

“Well designed, but not sure of its value...”

OverallI think Structural is a nicely designed product that's pretty cool and easy to use, but I don't really think it's the most valuable product when we also have things like LinkedIn and Facebook. However, we're a company of 60ish people, so I can only vouch for this product from a small company's standpoint. I can see this being much more valuable for larger teams and organizations.
ProsStructural has a nicely designed interface and it's easy to use.
ConsThere's not much that I don't like about Structural, I just don't think it's all that valuable for our team.
October 26, 2018

“User friendly way to connect with co-workers”

ProsEase of use. Ability to search for and learn about co-workers quickly.
ConsI have only had positive experiences while using the app. Outside of looking up a co-worker to connect a name with a face I haven't had a large need for the app.
Banking, 11-50 employees

“desktop functionality”

OverallI would like to see the functionality of the mobile app on my desktop. I don't use my personal cell phone for work aside from occasionally checking email when I'm on vacation and I don't have a work cell phone. Having something on my desktop would keep me engaged with my co-workers during the work day. I do have it on my personal cell but it's not one of my "go to" apps as I check it maybe 1 - 2 xs a month.
Prosit's nice to see when co-workers have anniversaries/ birthdays
ConsI would like to see the functionality of the mobile app on my desktop. I don't use my personal cell phone for work aside from occasionally checking email when I'm on vacation and we don't have a work cell phones. Having something on my desktop would keep me engaged with my co-workers during the work day. I do have it on my personal cell but it's not one of my "go to" apps as I check it maybe 1 - 2 xs a month.