LogMeIn Central Ratings

Overall

About LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central is a powerful, easy-to-use endpoint management solution enabling IT professionals to effectively monitor, manage, and secure their endpoint infrastructure. Whether you have remote employees or endpoints scattered across the globe, LogMeIn Central provides IT organizations with the speed, flexibility, and insight needed to increase productivity, reduce IT costs, and mitigate risk. Learn more about LogMeIn Central

Jorge A.
IT Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
July 21, 2017

“Great desktop management tool with a few caveats”

OverallI was able to wrangle in all of my end-users into one unified platform to both maintain windows and application updates and push out anti-virus installations.
ProsWhat I like about LMI Central, in the premiere package, is the bundling of Anti-Virus and now application management and updates. The ease of being able to remotely access an end-user's workstation is what totally sells me on the software. In the past, I had to have VPN access to my work network or with other tools, I could only use Windows to access end-users over the web but with LMI, its platform agnostic and they have a great mobile app for iOS and Android that allows you to connect to anyone in your list from virtually any device.
ConsThe biggest drawback in my use is the ability to push Windows updates, Anti-Virus installs and application updates. There is a fairly intuitive panel to push out all the requests but using it is like trying to crochet with space gloves, as you never get a real sense of feedback that the changes you requested are actually being implemented in near-real time. Sometimes the end-users workstations falsely report that they are missing installations that I know they are not, so there is a lot of fiddling with the end-users workstation in order to get it to report to LMI correctly. Also, when you've subscribed to the package that includes anti-virus installs, there is no way to centrally manage the AV, as its provided by a third party.
July 21, 2017
Muhammad S.
IT Coordinator
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 10, 2018

“LogMeIn overall functionality”

OverallIt works with very basic internet connection too while other application fails. If session is breaking, you can tweak by minimizing the scree resolution, and disabling desktop backgroud.
ProsCentralized Computer Management. Its a SAAS applicaiton Different login options , taking control of keyboard and mouse along with Alt, Ctrl, and delete Blanking screen to hide your activity on terminal. Adjusting screen resolution and blank and white option make it fast to remote and perform activity on computer
ConsYou can't disable the already remote session even with high privileges user so if two user are trying to get connected the last one will get access and you can't see who was already connected. You have to give admin rights to user if you want him to add more user into his team you can't do it with power user type thing. Support is terrible. If you send an invite to user the step by step process takes him to create his personal profile instead of group where you wan't to add him, so you have to tell user how exactly he can create one under group. You can't disable personal profile if created
September 10, 2018
Nathan R.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2017

“When you are an IT pro - this is the tool for you”

OverallThis is the one I chose every single time. I was one of the first users of logmein and I fell in love with it from the beginning. I have been a loyal customer and I always recommend it. Few companies have achieved a level of mastery like logmein has. Simply the top choice for IT professionals like me.
ProsThere is something really special about logmein. This software rocks! when you manage several companies, several computers, servers, and remote users you know you have your hands full. Logmein is one of the greatest to help you achieve just that. You can create groups (companies), assign users to the groups, give them rights to those groups, have computers in the groups... and you can manage all of those computers and connect to them remotely. Depending on the version you can do things remotely without having to sing into the computer and know everything you need to know about the status of the computer from a single place (the Central). I have rarely had an issue or a problem with it, it was awesome to be able to control and help free users (no longer an option) and know that no matter what you have the right tool to connect every single time. Deployment is also extremely simple
ConsThe only thing I did not love was the fact that they removed the free version. By doing so they removed the option to have people who are starting out to build their business. They also forced several people into finding alternatives that would not be as expensive.
September 7, 2017
Tyler L.
Technical Support Specialist
January 9, 2018

“A fantastic product that allows quick set up and fast remote access to computers and servers.”

OverallI can't imagine doing my job without this software. Things would be so much more clunky and take twice as long without it. It's that good and that important for offering remote support.
ProsIt's easy to use even with hundreds of computers set up, all organized into group folders with a wealth of information available to you before you even remote connect to the user's computer. It has a huge array of customization options and features to access without ever feeling overwhelming, and has support information and access right from the main page. It's extremely useful for remote management, in addition to just being impressive to clients.
ConsThey are, bar none, the best remote access and support software on the market. This however means that when they raise their prices, which they seem to do every year, you're left to either take it and raise your own prices slightly, or eat the loss. They also seem to have dropped the live chat support feature, as it's always marked "Offline" on the support drop-down even though it's within the posted hours.
January 9, 2018
Rhett A.
Network Administrator
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
January 11, 2018

“Seamless remote access to all workstations eliminating otherwise time consuming visits in person for simple support tasks. ”

OverallI have used many remote software applications and LogMeIn is hands down the most useful and versatile player in the market. There is nothing I have found the program incapable of accomplishing and I am constantly learning new features that save me time and my clients money. It would take hours to relay all of the benefits of LogMeIn for the real world IT professional.
ProsInstant access to multiple networks through one account interface. Easy setup and deployment of software packages and scripts for multiple scheduled maintenance tasks. File transfers are simply drag and drop convenient. With a wide range of collected data at disposal, workstation health is displayed for all aspects of computer function. There is an option to remotely power on and off computers and manage services without the need to remotely take over the computer.
ConsThe only change I would like to see is to eliminate the disconnect that happens momentarily while updating the LogMeIn client software. (It automatically reconnects without intervention.)
January 11, 2018
Vin C.
Computer Networking, Self-employed
November 9, 2018

“I recommend LogMeIn when managing a lot of remote stations.”

OverallOverall, the platform works well. I've had no issues with security - either to the main account or to any of the remote stations. I've almost never had cause to contact tech support - after many years of use - so that tells a lot right there. The remote access is stable, and I've had minimal service interruptions, and only very rarely was I unable to access a remote station. A simple reboot usually fixed that unless there was something else causing the problem. Overall - it's been a good experience since I began using the software about 10 years ago or so...
ProsI am an avid user of LogMeIn Central. That said - the ease of use is the primary thing I like about the solution. I have all of my remote connections stored, then further grouped by internal category and locations. From login to the portal to login to the remote station is a matter of a few simple clicks. Very easy to use and keep organized.
ConsI don't like that they eliminated the free version. I also feel they should allow file transfer when you have a Central account.
David F.
Infrastructure Manager
Hospitality, 501-1000 employees
November 16, 2018

“Logmein Central is a Great Alternative to VPN”

OverallWe needed a remote access solution for our users that also gave them the ability to run our apps, some of which are fat and would never run over a vpn. We were forced to look at vpn software, vpn concentrator and either terminal services or Citrix. We were looking at a lot of complications, support overhead and extreme cost. LogMeIn allowed us to have a remote access solution that can be accessed from any browser that gave us great functionality and security for a very reasonable cost. A fraction of the solution we were previously looking at.
ProsEase of use. Centralized management of all my remote users. Constantly updating with new features. Built-in two factor authentication. Very inexpensive.
ConsIt might be just me but the User group/Computer group functionality is a little unclear. I think some of the management and permission features still need to improve. I wish they had geoblocking. I get alerts that someone that a failed logon from Russia happened. I need to approve where connections can actually come from.
Brian S.
IT Supervisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2019

“Great RDP software”

OverallLogMeIn has been a great tool. It's a bit on the pricier side, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Mobile apps also work really well!
ProsThis product works really well. It's really good at adapting to internet speeds, and it truly feels like you are sitting in front of the computer that you're trying to control. All of the restart options are also really nice.
ConsSometimes it's hard after restarting to know if it will turn back on or not. Lots of sitting around waiting anxiously.
September 25, 2019
Chris J.
IT Admin
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
May 10, 2018

“I have used LogMeIn since 2011 and my work would be nearly impossible without it.”

OverallIt is consistently stable and manageable for my company. I can literally triple my support of other clients with this software.
ProsLogMeIn is a super stable remote access to other computers that I have rarely had issues with in supporting my clients. I am able to access any of the 50 computers I work with instantly, an many at the same time from either the web portal or desktop application. LogMeIn also includes several IT functions that allow sharing of files & remote rebooting of the client computers.
ConsThe cost is higher than some competing remote access software, so unless you have a lot of remote computers you work with you could probably find a cheaper solution. They also don't have as many extra IT functions with my plan that I can find with a few free offerings out there, such as auto-reconnect once the remote system has rebooted, or a remote Windows Task Manager.
May 10, 2018
Paul R.
Lead IT Tech
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2018

“Our use with LMI/Central”

OverallWe have around 480 client desktops on LMI. Some servers, most desktops. We do like their are a local business (we are in the Boston area) and that they are easy to reach. It has allowed us to do a lot more remote support than making physical trips. Travel time and sending a tech can be expensive.
ProsWe use mostly the free edition of license for our customers within Central, we use other RMMs to obtain Pro if need be (remote printing, file sharing, etc...) It is easy to give remote access to employees of our customers Adding remote users is simple and easy I don't have to keep track of passwords, if a customer forgets theirs, they simply perform the forgot my password routine The interface is simple and there is not much to learn
ConsSomewhat limited with free licenses (remote printing, file sharing) That's about the only issues I have with it.
Dan G.
COO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2018

“Really powerful back-end management of all of your PCs and Servers - at a cost!”

OverallLogMeIn is a wonderful piece of software that is very easy to install, and requires little to no maintenance. I just wish that they would stick with one price and stand behind it.
ProsFully functional command prompt, registry editor, event viewer, task manager, service manager, etc., WITHOUT having to take over the PC you are working on! This makes troubleshooting and running scripts on remote computers extremely easy, as you don't have to wait until off-hours since you don't have to take over the actual computer. It's got a great system for organizing your computers into groups, and it's HIPAA compliant with all of the auditing and tracking required.
ConsIt's very expensive, and they keep raising their prices. They've raised prices by 3 times over the past 3 years. I expect this will continue.
May 22, 2018
Erika R.
System Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Great product to use”

OverallOverall good experience got used to using it and now that we have also started to use connectwise automate have found that the tool has much more options than does LogMeIn. But it gets the job done.
ProsI liked that after installing the install package it was easy to access the workstation with proper credentials.
ConsThe downside to this app is that it won't let you log right in, you have to have the correct credentials. If you try 5 times it'll lock you out for 5 minutes. I ended up in this situation many times and found it a bit frustrating. I understand the security aspect of it. But if we have made a connection with the workstation I would hope that it would recognize that and just allow the connection. Could useda more friendly file transfer.
Robert F.
Administrator
Paper & Forest Products, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2019

“Useful for remote access.”

OverallGreat for remote access from home or other location.
ProsPrice is good for small office with limited computers. Works with all browsers that I have tried it with, although some better than others.
ConsNot sure if it is caused by browser but sometimes it seems you have to perform additional installs to get it to load even if you have used same computer before.
September 24, 2019
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
February 17, 2019

“LogMein Review”

OverallOnly one business problems have resolved using LogMein and that Is just using the software to get into the remote server of my client and assist in any issues they are having.
ProsLogMein is a great vpn connect tool to use to quickly connect to a remote server and secure. LogMein web based application is great, functions and icons for the VPN tool is easy to read.
ConsLogMein is proven to be a little challenging for me to use in the last 1 year or so; basically upon going to the web-based application for LogMein initial log in is great but then it will force me to download the LogMein. application directly on my PC, I do not have an option to utilize LogMein from the browser itself; after the download process, i then have to close the browser and start using the App on the PC, which is great but I wish developers for LogMein have a way to notify users about it.
February 17, 2019
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Logmein Central - Go to for supporting customers servers”

OverallI use it daily to connect to my customers servers. Overall, we are pleased with it but losing mouse control on a virtual guest is kind of a pain that I wish wouldn't happen. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars overall
ProsEasy to use Client, means you don't have to log on through the website everytime. Dual Authenication with secure code texted immediately to your phone.
ConsWhen using it with Microsoft Hyper-V, if you connect the host and then go to a guest within the host, 10% of the time your mouse will stop working and the only way to fix it is to reboot the virtual guest. Kind of expensive You have to have the advanced version to be able to use file transfer. We found that too expensive for how much we use it so we dropped it.
February 12, 2019
Patrick M.
Senior System Admin
Insurance, 201-500 employees
September 15, 2017

“Remote desktop software that empowers helpdesk teams.”

OverallShadowing an end-user session from anywhere in the world is priceless. When a user cannot get on the network, but they can at least get on a webpage, you can LogMeIn to their machine and get them up and running in no time.
ProsLogMeIn Central allows technical support specialists to view the end-users machine from anywhere in the world. You can transfer files, shadow their session, or share your desktop with them.
ConsThe multiple sub-tiers of the product are a bit confusing. LogMeIn Central... Central basic, Central Plus, Central, Premium. We have the middle level. Some of the articles LogMeIn has says features are available for Central, then at the bottom of the article is clarifies it is only for the Premium members.
September 15, 2017
Printing, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“Greatest and easiest remote desktop software I've ever used as an IT Tech”

OverallA +++. Amazing software and a must-have for IT staff/helpdesk who support their company's/client's software.
ProsI LOVE logmein. Hands down the best remote desktop software I've used. Better than showmyPC, better than apple's remote desktop viewer, better than literally anything else (except that you have to pay for it.) I love that you can easily access someone's computer AND it's easy for them to let you access their computer--very simple for even non-techy people to set up and allow access. And it's file transfer options are top-notch!
ConsI only dislike that you have to pay for it...but that's silly. These guys deserve more money. They're killing it.
April 17, 2019
Jamey G.
November 19, 2018

“Easy to use remote management with advance features”

ProsWhat I like most of about Central is the easy ability to rollout a group of devices along with the advance management tools that come with the software once you have it fully deployed, such as being able to update not just windows components from a centralized management platform but any software that is currently installed on the devices.
ConsWhat I like least about Central is when there is an error there is not an easy way to determine what processes are still trying to run and being able to cancel them after you submit your action. This is mostly pertaining to mass installation of the anti-virus software that comes with Central.
Eric L.
Chief Information Officer
November 19, 2018

“Excellent tool for managing widely distributed devices.”

OverallWe are a radiology medical practice that have radiologists working in three states. When they need support, all the users have to do is make a quick phone call and we can instantly provide support even though there are hundreds of miles away.
Prosthis tool provides reliable access to our far-flung network of computers and devices to enable us to provide instant, critical support as if we were sitting at the keyboard and monitor. The ability to run diagnostics and the logs right from the dashboard is extremely useful.
ConsI think the cost is a little high in the pricing models could be adjusted a bit. However, as reliable and robust as the software has become I have no real complaints.
Tammy G.
Business Owner/Consultant
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
December 19, 2018

“Logmein provides easy remote access”

OverallThis program is easy to use and can accomplish what most folks would want to use it for so I would recommend it for routine use.
ProsThis was easy to use and set up for 2 computers to access our server. I like the security of the access that it provides and the ability to define access of the user.
ConsWhen trying to track employee work time I found it difficult with the information provided to determine if someone was actually accessing programs or just logged in. I need more details of tracking employee access than this was able to provide but we continue to use it for employees to work from home and remote in to our server.
December 19, 2018
Steve M.

“Logmein Central Review”

OverallHow us to support computer and users easily. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and I would recommend the service to colleagues
ProsIt give me the flexibility to access computers for support and other productivity purposes on an as needed basis. No need for the end user to go to a website and allow access. It also organizes the computers by group as well as setup additional users with selected access, as needed. Easy to use user interface and manageable from anywhere on the internet
ConsWe feel the cost is higher then is should be. also the Captcha security, while good to have, can be an obstacle at times
Mark H.
Director, Operations Systems
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
November 13, 2018

“LogMeIn Central”

OverallWe have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years. It's a great product and serves our needs very well.
ProsThe ability to manage all of our remote computers in one place, but we can also group them into subgroups by department, vendor, etc. I also like the ability to create an installation link that I can e-mail to someone and have them set up the LogMeIn software on the computer themselves.
ConsThe only feature that I would like to see would be the ability to grant/deny remote access on a per user basis by time of day. For example, if someone only needs remote access during 8 AM - 5 PM, we should be able to deny access between 5PM-8 AM.
November 13, 2018
Juan M.
Team Leader
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees
October 8, 2019

“The Best Remote Desktop App”

OverallThis tool has been essential for remote IT work. It can help the team monitor, maintain, and manage any computer remotely without needing to let the other user notice. We used this software to transfer updated files into the drive to restrict the usage of unauthorized pages. It proved to be a very good work tool and I would recommend it to anyone that needs to do some IT work remotely.
ProsIt has everything you need to manage your computer remotely. It's very easy to use and it can help you transfer data without the need to log into the other computer and interrupt the user. I love how it helps you keep your computer under control without any complications.
ConsWhat I don't like is the fact that it has an a annual price to pay to use it freely with all the features available.
October 8, 2019
Bob R.
Service Manager
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

“Alerts actually enhance customer interaction”

OverallWe have been using LogMeIn Central for over 10 years, and it remains the most effective tool for remote support.
ProsAs a services provider for critical services (healthcare institutions and emergency call centers), we have been able to specifically tailor the alerts for processes that may stop, crash, or otherwise impact proper functioning of the systems. We are often able to react before the customer realizes an issue has occurred.
ConsCompetitive remote control offerings are less costly. However, the feature set offered, exceeds the capability of most other packages.
February 13, 2019
Ray F.
COO
501-1000 employees
December 20, 2018

“This was a great addition to our company.”

OverallGreat purchase and I would highly recommend.
ProsWe are a staffing agency and have multiple clients and employ 500 plus employees. LogMeIn allows us to log into computers outside of our location to view employee info, retrieve weekly hours, and communicate with our time clocks. This saves us time and money and allows us to communicate with our clients without leaving our office.
ConsMy personal opinion is that there aren't any Cons. This software saves our company valuable time and practically pays for its self with the travel time it saves.
December 20, 2018
Justin K.
IT Support Tech
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

“Logmein Review”

OverallRemote assistance to customers and employees giving you hands on access to the machine even while not physically at a location. The ability to remotely reboot, even in safe mode has proven extremely useful as well.
ProsI utilize log me in for remote assistance across multiple computers in our company. It is great for remotely accessing different devices at any time.
ConsWith the version of LogMeIn that I have and use, my only request would be the ability to transfer data between machines. copy and paste for text works between devices, however the ability to transfer documents or program files would be even greater.
BRIAN W.
IT Manager
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
November 9, 2018

“Logmein great product fluctuating prices ”

OverallGood experiences good quality. Removing features for smaller business is not a great idea. I know the logmein gets most of their money from large companies but why leave small business money on table. Stabilize prices and have lower tier logmein central rates 10 20 30 50 computer options.
ProsVery easy to use, a lot of audit options and control of users.
ConsThey removed Black and white low bandwidth Many of our uses are due to low bandwidth connections. When performing emergency support color is not as critical as a faster connection. We are a small business and prices have fluctuated up small business need stability.
brittany s.
Management/Bookkeeper
11-50 employees
July 10, 2018

“Remote in from any location”

ProsI like most that it gives me the ability to work from my home computer. I am able to log in within about 2 minutes and has saved me numerous trips to my office. I've used it in both my accounting and sales job and it really does keep my work info at my fingertips. Another great thing is that it gives our CPA the ability to remote in to get any documentation she needs without having to contact me.
ConsSet up is a little demanding but their customer service reps helped. It is also a little slow, there is a definite lag especially when opening reports.
July 10, 2018
Andrew C.
IT Support Technician
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
October 11, 2019

“Easy to use remote software”

ProsThis software was the staple point for remote support at my previous job and as well as my current job. This program makes it easy to connect with end user computers as well as personal devices. You can even grant other users access to individual devices, which was great at my previous job because I could control access to certain computers/devices.
ConsReally the only thing I disliked about this software was the pricing on some aspects of the program. Other than the price, I really couldn't complain about the software.
October 11, 2019
Dan B.
Support
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 5, 2019

“LogMein Central”

ProsI used this product at my last job for over 2 years, it allowed me to access offices and desktops nationwide. I was successfully able to update, patch and troubleshoot issues on remote PC's, at any time of the day. Great asset for any size company to remotely work and control PC's
ConsThe first issue is bandwidth is very important, especially if you are transferring files or data. Every one is awhile we had to log out of Central and then log back in due to the following, slowness, or unresponsiveness from remote PC.
August 5, 2019
Sherry G.
Retail, 1-10 employees

“GoToMyPC by LogMeInInc.com”

OverallI use this software daily in order to access my desktop computer from anywhere. The software is safe and secure, easy to use and does the job.
ProsI've been using this software to log in to my computer remotely from any PC and it has enabled me to do my work from anywhere - including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Costa Rica. All I had to do was set it up on my computer and log in and I can access my desk in the office from anywhere.
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about the software. It has been 100% reliable for me, regardless of where in the world I am located.
Aldo F.
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
November 16, 2018

“Great speed and ease of use”

OverallAlways been a fan and continue to use LogMeIn for as long as possible!
ProsWhen I connect remotely to a computer I need to be able to run the most basic and complicated tasks to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues, LogMeIn allows me to do just that, even from my phone on vacation I've been able to assist people that otherwise might have gone too long without help.
ConsBeen using LogMeIn for a very long time and I can't say that I've got anything negative to say, maybe when they dripped support for older OS's but that's on me, not them :)
Michael W.
Computer Software, Self-employed
October 5, 2018

“Extend your reach”

OverallI have been using LogMeIn since they have been in business. I write data management software for small businesses. LogMeIn allows me to support many times the number clients that I could possibly do without it.
ProsLogMeIn allows me to singlehandedly support almost 100 computers. Unless there is a poor connection, there is no noticeable lag time. Lot's of tools and file transfer are handy too.
ConsAs a product it is pretty much perfect, at least for my needs. I can't think of anything that I would like to see change except that I would like to see the price come down a bit.
October 5, 2018
Jennifer A.
Resident Property Manager
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
January 31, 2019

“An easy way to see somoene else's screen without having to be there. ”

OverallThis has really made running our business more efficient. It is a great tool for training and really allows us to manage our time better. As they all say, time is money.
ProsWe use LogMeIn anytime someone is experiencing an issue on the computer that is difficult to describe over the phone. Logemein allows you to see exactly what they are seeing so that you can help identify which issues they are having. We are a storage facility and sometimes one of our partner problems wont' remember how to pull a certain report, or just can't spot what you are trying to describe to them over the phone. All you have to do is go the to the LogMeIn website, log in, they confirm and you can literally use your mouse and they can see exactly what you are doing. It is a huge timesaver. We also rent Penske trucks and this is a big lifesaver when another property is having issues non reving a truck or having reservation issues.
ConsThe only thing that is kind of a drag is sometimes there is a lag when you are trying to show something to someone and it can be a little glitchy. This has to do with different internet speeds and not with the software itself. I'm not sure how an issue like this would be remedied.
January 31, 2019
Douglas D.
Information Systems Coordinator
Restaurants, 1001-5000 employees

“LogMeIn all the way”

OverallWith locations throughout the midwest, it was imperative that I could control them from the HQ without every little thing requiring an onsite call. LogMeIn has worked seamlessly to give me the control I need. In fact, our POS provider is considering switching to LogMeIn for their support because it works so much better than their current tool.
ProsI love the ability to secure all of my systems, assign users with sub accounts and limited access.
ConsHas issues at times when switching users in a remote system. Not a big deal as you can reload and continue very easily.
Daniel B.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2018

“LogmeIn Central a business tool”

OverallWe use the reporting and management tools provided to give us great access and ease of use to manage our clients servers and computers.
ProsWe utilize this for access to our clients servers and reports on their status. We use the power on tool and help give clients software support companies access to the server temporarily as needed.
ConsWhen we give someone temporary access to a server the two factor authentication for these accounts we have to remember to turn it off. Wish we could do that in the settings when we create a temp account.
October 8, 2018
Environmental Services, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great for Remote Service Work”

OverallWorking in the commercial heating and air conditioning industry, it's vital to be able to connect to customer sites to troubleshoot issues when the arise. A lot of times, a fix can be as easy as changing a set point which could take hours to drive to do. This cuts the time to minutes.
ProsThis is an easy option for getting remote access into customer computers. Makes my job a whole lot easier.
ConsThe only thing I can think of is I wish it were a bit cheaper. My company doesn't use or need all of the features. We only need remote access to a lot of computers
sofia a.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
June 30, 2019

“Very good tool to access your computer when you are not home..”

ProsI used Logmein for several years when it was free. I was able to access my computer from anywhere and resolve issues remotely with great efficiency. It would allow me to give support to my team at any time and from anywhere.
ConsI stopped using it when they implemented charge for any user. Being a small business owner I had to check what else was out there. It was a great tool and helped me with my business but it wasn't an essential tool for my business success.
June 30, 2019
Design, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Essential Product for Remote Companies”

OverallOur IT department wouldn't be able to solve technical problems without LogMeIn since we're a remote team. But with this software, we're able to screen share, log in remotely, and even fix problems from across the country. It's a great tool and resource for any team.
ProsAs a remote agency, we probably couldn't function without LogMeIn. It's so helpful to easily and quickly remote log in to a computer and solve a problem. It's also great for screen sharing or for accessing another computer's local files or desktop apps for those who use multiple machines without having to go back and forth between them. This is a very smart product and it's cost effective, especially in terms of the solutions it provides.
ConsWe really have no cons regarding LogMeIn. There are cheaper competitors out there, but you get what you pay for, and LogMeIn definitely provides the best solutions, so it's worth a slightly higher cost.
February 8, 2019
Stephanie S.
Manager, IT Service Desk
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 26, 2019

“Ease of Use and Customer Experience”

OverallWe use this in our company for those who need access to a computer but need to use a personal computer to do so. This keeps our network secure.
ProsThis software is user friendly. Wants set up, the user can access his/her computer by logging into a web URL. The PC shows up listed for them and they simply click to remote to it.
ConsSometimes a bit overwhelming for the user if given too many options. Also, the installation process for a new machine can be a bit time consuming.
September 26, 2019
Susan I.
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Log me in”

OverallOverall I like the product and would not switch to other competitors.
ProsI have been using this software for about 18 years. When I first used it, it was free. They have since implemented a cost for this BUT they have also improved its capability as well. This product is versatile and solid. I use it nearly every day. Saves me money as well --no more driving to remote locations.
ConsThe rising cost. Over the years the % of cost increase is great.
April 12, 2019
January 21, 2019

“This has provided an enterprise solution for less than the expected cost”

OverallOverall experience has been extremely positive, after the initial setup has been completed LogMeIn scales to any size organisation via GPO installation and I have only very rarely run into major issues with it. I intend to continue using LogMeIn for the foreseeable future.
ProsI am able to set up groups within LogMeIn to specify domain/non-domain/desktop/laptop/server/etc. This makes finding the correct computer much easier LogMeIn can be installed via GPO and when configured correctly functions with zero intervention from IT staff and runs silently in the background so the users are not disturbed by it. Two factor authentication ensures that the account cannot be breached by any means Passwords can be set for each computer so in the extremely unlikely event of 2FA being breached the computers remain secure.
ConsThere is a "Trust this computer" or "remember me" button on the login - this does not work if 2FA has been set up. It is confusing and frustrating to keep this button available on the "enter the code we just text you" page when it serves no purpose. On rare occasions LogMeIn has crashed requiring the client to reboot their PC before it becomes accessible again.
January 21, 2019
Dan K.
Director of IT and HR
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Logmein Central Savings”

OverallI can troubleshoot issues without leaving my office, which we have 20 locations throughout Missouri. I can also install updates remotely. These are the 2 most important things that has saved our company tons of time and money. Also, I have used it for training personnel on the remote computer.
ProsI can install it on our remote computers throughout Missouri and troubleshoot issues or install updates without having to travel.
ConsI would like to see file transfer capabilities on the level I have purchased
patrick g.
Tech
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 21, 2018

“LogMeIn saves time, money and headaches!”

OverallI tell my friends about this software all the time and I recomend it to any others IT techs that need to use remote software!
ProsLogMeIn is by far the best remote software I've used. Having over 200 remote computers at various different business locations can be hard to keep organized but not wtih LogMeIn. LogMeIn easily lets you catolog machines by subfolders and it even lets you setup installation deployments!
ConsI honestly cannot say there is anything about LogMeIn that I feel can be classified as a con! I love the software and I use it on a daily basis. With an average of 350 computers connected to it.
July 21, 2018
Gerald F.
Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“The Gold Standard for Remote Management.”

OverallAfter a problem caused by a bad Windows update, I needed a way to remotely administer my servers while away from the office. LogMeIn Central allows me to see which machines have pending updates and decide whether or not to post-pone them pending isolated testing, all from a central location. It's also allows me to schedule batch updates for third-arty software via the One2Many tool. And as a bonus, it allows me to aid employees with issues on their client computers with an Ad Hoc Support session.
ProsEase and speed of deployment. Multiple platform support for client software. Automation.
ConsIt's on the pricey side, but there aren't many tools out there with this many features.
November 15, 2018

“Highly recommend”

OverallI and my users are able to have remote access to our servers and workstations when and where we need them.
ProsI like having remote access to all of my system's machine right in one place and can manage all of my users and set access controls as needed.
ConsOnly issues I have had is sometimes if you log in at an unfamiliar location it was do the prove your are not a robot thing with captcha and it doesn't always work well with the images.
November 15, 2018
Nicholas R.
Software Support Technician
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Good third party remote desktop application.”

ProsWe have clients that we are not able to vpn or rdp to since they have their own networks. We use logmein to remote into the computers that run our software so we can troubleshoot issues. This software is pretty smooth and easy to use for what we use it for. The process to configure it is simple and any one can manage this. My overall use of this is everyday 8hrs a day. well made software.
ConsAt times it can be a heavy resource constraint on a computer that is limited with hardware. It could use some updates to it's functions but not a bad con, more like a minimal con.
March 7, 2018
Wayne H.
Support Engineer
October 3, 2019

“Very feature rich but can be a little buggy”

ProsI like the suite of features. It's so much more than just remote access. However, that is the main use for me. To be able to just drop into a customer's computer is a wonderful thing.
ConsLately I have seen issues with the logmein agent crashing and kicking me out of remote sessions. Hoping this is fixed in the future. But it's very simple to reconnect. Just can cause interruptions.
October 3, 2019
Jennifer F.
Owner dentist
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“Great way to remote in”

OverallOverall logmein is perfect for getting into my office computer from home when I need to get work done. O try not to use it extensively however due to the lag time.
ProsLogmein gives you fill access to your computer from am outside location. I have had no issues with full functionality of software remotely.
ConsThere is a large lag time so getting tasks done remotely can take a while. Beyond that I have no issues.
David P.
Hospitality, 1-10 employees

“President”

OverallI have used LogMeIn for over 10 years and it is one of the great access software out there.
ProsYou can easily login to a system that has issues any time and any place. Also you can see the status of the computer for usage and updates and more. Plus you can give access to your customers to their system as well.
ConsIs the port that is used for LogMeIn. It is a critical port that makes the PCI compliance to fail