AWW app Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About AWW app

Touch-friendly online whiteboard for real-time collaboration and brainstorming within your team. Forget about annoying registration forms, just enter awwapp.com and start drawing immediately! Easily create, save and share your boards with your team members or clients by sharing URL link. Your team members don't even have to be registered. It's easy as that. We have your business ideas, concepts and plans safely stored in your dashboard, so you can review it anytime, anywhere. Learn more about AWW app

Sukrit V.
Trifecta Consultants
November 28, 2017

“I have found it extremely useful for teaching students over the last 3 years.”

OverallIt is a lovely teaching tool. Far simpler to use than any other whiteboard available on the market. And I have tried quite a few.
ProsThe software is easy to use and share. It works beautifully for teaching. Multi colored pens allow you to highlight messages you want to give easily. You can also assign a pen to an individual so that individual contributions can be noted. It is now possible to save a whiteboard and retrieve as well.
ConsThere are a couple of things that could be improved on. First of all, the one major irritant is the inability to scroll down in case you require more than one screen's worth of drawing / writing etc. Secondly, I find that everybody does not seem to have the same coordinates. I have often found a student of mine writing something at the top of his screen but is invisible on mine. I have had to give him some point on his screen below which he should write. Occasionally (not recently though), the shared board would just stop updating. Having said all this, it still remains my personal favorite as a teaching tool.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 30, 2017
Hi Sukrit, Thanks for your positive feedback- it means a lot to us. You said you would like to have a scroll feature - and we do have one. It is a hand tool on the right side of the interface. You can scroll in every direction on the board so you can easily find drawings that are not in your screen area. Hope this helps. All best, Dora
Chase G.
Structural Engineer
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
November 17, 2017

“AWW is a simple-to-use web-based collaborative whiteboard space.”

OverallA web-based collaborative space. I can easily (and quickly) communicate with people outside of my company. As an engineer, I often have to communicate with drawings and sketches. This whiteboard is like having a meeting in person in a conference room with whiteboard, except that we don't have to travel miles and miles to get to one another. And after the meeting, you can save a PDF so you don't lose all of the information you worked on.
ProsThe whiteboard is easy to use. It has lots of tools and functionality. You can select from different colors and pen styles to make your drawings easier to understand. You can also add in shapes like rectangles and circles to make your drawings a little cleaner to read. Text boxes and Post-Its also make for a clean yet versatile whiteboard environment. You can also upload images, multi-page PDFs, and PPTs so you can discuss images or documents that have been created in advance. The boards are easy to use. I find it helpful for collaborating with people outside of my company/organization because they don't have to have an account. AWW offers a Premium tier, but you don't have to have one in order to use the software. They also have a VOIP feature in case you are trying to hold a conference call with voice audio.
ConsSome other competitors have templates so that you can quickly get an outline developed (like a timeline or another form of visual planning). Navigation in the board can be a little counter-intuitive at times. I believe it was intended to be used with touchscreens like tablets and "smart boards". I have a background in engineering and drafting so I naturally try to pan using the middle button, but doing so does nothing in the whiteboard. In order to pan, you either have to zoom in/out to get where you are going, or you have to click the hand in the top right and then you can move around.
Sayantan D.
Founder and Teacher
November 16, 2017

“It's just wonderful. It's both tutor and student friendly and interactive. Easy to use and helpful.”

OverallI use it daily to provide online maths tutoring to my students with utmost ease and satisfaction. It's very nice.
ProsUploading pictures, drawing lines and shapes, different pen size and colour options. Changing size of the image has become easier and also overall control of the board include features like saving the board.
ConsEraser size cannot be changed. No underline options for text. At times the student writing is not simultaneously visible to the tutor.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 17, 2017
Thanks Sayantan We really appreciate your your positive feedback. We'll keep on striving to make your experience even better. All best, AWW team.
Marina K.
Curriculum Developer
Education Management, Unspecified

“great teaching tool”

OverallI was able to teach with ease without extra steps. I like that I can use any messenger or online classroom available and don't have to switch to use this app.
ProsI tutor online and use this app a lot with all my students. 5love the ability to work together on the same board. Whether I explain something or my student solves a problem, we can always go and ask questions about different steps, we can mark what was unclear and it helps with discussion a lot.
ConsIt would help me if I could choose a graph paper background or had and ability use other math tools, such as typing formulas or use a protractor to measure angles.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 29, 2017
Hi Marina, Thanks for your positive feedback. We are planning to add graph paper background and I'll be happy to let you know once we do. If you have any further suggestions, please let me know. All best,
Sarah Abigail O.
Online Teacher

“Efficient”

ProsI like that I can share it with my students. That way they can interact with me and share what they have to share. Its fun and entertaining too.
ConsIt loads slow sometimes. It doesn't connect to the shared party. They can't see what I'm drawing sometimes.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 20, 2017
Hi Sarah, Thanks for your review - it means a lot to us. I would like to know more about the issues you have experienced with syncing board content with the other party. Is the problem still happening? Do you have a link to the board I can share with my technical team so they check it out? All best
David L.
Private Tutor
November 17, 2017

“I use AWW app for online tutoring”

OverallHaving this software allows me to conduct online tutoring easily from my home or office.
ProsI use the free application, which works perfectly for my needs. I'm able to share the whiteboard with the student I'm working with and we can both write on the screen. It's almost as if we are sitting right next to each other.
ConsSometimes the screen will not load immediately or it will not recognize my stylus. This may be because we're using the free version.
Divya A.
Online tutor
November 17, 2017

“it would have been better if there has been an option to type on the board instead or both ”

ProsThe option to share and the counter party to write which is not in other boards. It's good in that sense.
ConsI explained it in the first answer. But the scrolling part is not very comfortable. It sometimes is fine at my end but enlarged at the other end.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 20, 2017
Hi Divya, Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us. I would like to know more about the things you didn't like. You said you would like to have a typing option. We do have a typing option on board. It is the tool with the letters Aa. Also can you explain a bit more what did you mean by scrolling part? Did you mean moving on board or zooming in and out? Both moving and zooming on board is not synced with other board members. They can zoom and move their boards as they like, not affecting your board, and vice versa. I would much appreciate your answers - they would help us build better AWW for you. All best,
MIchael D.
Teacher Specialist for Technology
November 16, 2017

“Overall the collaboration piece is great. Like that there is inking, text, etc...”

ProsAll the features that students can use. The students love that they can use different ways to get across their message. They love collaborating together in Aww App.
ConsPeople can easily delete others work. They get frustrated when other students delete what they put on the Aww board that was created. Should be a way to not let other students delete others work in the collaborative space.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 17, 2017
Hi Michael, Thanks for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it. We're building a new feature that will enable you to lock elements to the background. That will help you avoid erasing elements you don't want to be erased. The thing you can do right now is to choose in the manage participants section whether you want your students to draw or just watch. Hope this helps. All best,
11-50 employees
April 5, 2018

“Great Tutoring Tool”

ProsWhile being an online tutor presents a host of challenges, most of them are solved with WhiteBoard. The collaboration tool allows both parties to write/draw/etc real time. Combined with an audio feed. The only missing component is face to face. Great tool.
ConsThere isn't too much negative I can say about this tool. It's simple, easy to understand, and powerful.
April 5, 2018
Marian Z.

“useful and great!”

Prosthe colors and the ability to drag pictures. Drawing straight lines. I also like the dots so that I can see it's somewhat like a graph.
ConsIt glitches and i cannot see the bottom left of the page (i cannot add text). I have to always move my screen in order to drag pictures into the page.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 20, 2017
Hi Marian, Thanks for writing us feedback. It means a lot to us. Regarding your issue witht the bottom left corner - can you send us a screenshot of it? Our technical team would like to take a look at it and see how can they help you. All best,
Aman D.
Sr Program Analyst
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 17, 2019

“Aww app is a great white board application that can easily be used to conduct sessions with students”

ProsI was introduced to this application by a parent to try out online tutoring session. I must say I was impressed with the super ease use of the application to conduct the session. The data transmission in the form of changes on my screen was fast.
ConsI used the free version of the application. I would like the software to include templates dedicated to the type of user and his/her use of the application. Such as a tutorial session to include quick tips, search tools, mathematical aids such as compass, calculators, protractor etc.
March 17, 2019
Matthew H.
Founder & CEO
Education Management, Unspecified
November 17, 2017

“Aww was a good whiteboard, we needed something a little more malleable and robust”

OverallI have recommended this product to individuals, but not yet organisations. I think it works well when there is already a relationship established between the two users.
ProsThe product was affordable with nice pricing structures (isntead of per minute etc which is the norm), It was easy to integrate and had lots of features we required
ConsWe struggled with the audio. It wasn't reliable enough when we had two users using it and because there was no camera we found users would struggle with the audio and give up. Furthermore it was difficult to customise.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 20, 2017
Hi Matthew, Thanks for you feedback - it means a lot to us, We are aware of the issues we're still having with audio. It works fine on the majority of devices and browsers, but it doesn't work on Safari and iPads. However, we'll keep on striving to improve the overall quality of the product. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, I'll be happy to hear it. All best,
Masoud T.
Teacher
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
November 28, 2017

“Good enough but can be better”

OverallIt helped me to have online classes from other parts of the world. And it is definitely one of the bests but it can improve.
ProsI tried it first for one of my online classes and it was satisfying. I have tried a lot of other ones but this one is the best so far.
ConsIt does not have palm rejection that is a major problem. And customer service is not the best. I asked them a question and they did not answer. They can also add more functions and figures to that.
Jasmin C.
Secondary Teacher
November 29, 2017

“AwwApp is great for digital note taking in the classroom, especially with ppt annotation. Awesome!”

Overalldigital note taking and collaborating tools for classroom use.
ProsIt provides expandable whiteboard space for students to take note and collaborate in problem solve. The app also comes with many desirable features and functions for stylus user.
ConsIt is somehow difficult for the students to write beautifully in penmanship and to highlight clean. The ppt image gets erase when student was simply erasing their writing marks.
November 29, 2017
Lynn S.
November 28, 2017

“I use this for tutoring and overall it works well. ”

ProsEasy to use and very accessible especially for students who do not have an ipad. I like that I can import images as well.
ConsThe abyss of a window can be difficult for my students to find where I am on the board. I wish there was an app on the ipad.

By A Web Whiteboard on November 29, 2017
Hi Lynn, Thanks for your positive feedback. Our engineers are already working on the feature that will let your students know where you are on the board. I hope it will be soon out. All best,
Kirstie B.
July 22, 2019

“Great tool!”

ProsI love that it is collaborative and you can all draw and work together in realtime!
ConsI hate that the connection gets lost many times and we end up not being able to see the same thing that the other folks using the same board are seeing,
July 22, 2019
Shreyas B.
CEO/Nirvana Interactive
Computer Games, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 4, 2018

“A great online tool for making any kind of collaborative plans ”

OverallBasically, it's a great tool onoine to impart your ideas in the form of a model or a sketch. I had an idea for an upcoming project and I used AWW to successfully show the idea to my friend to whom I couldn't clearly explain the idea by words. It's really an amazing app !
ProsThe best part of AWW is that it's online ! So it's totally machine independent and it doesn't matter which OS you're using because it's online ! It's great if you sign up but even without doing so you can quickly start using the app for productive ideas, be it some sort of a plan or a business model or anything of sorts. Another great things about AWW is that it allows you to other people come on the projects and listen and edit your sketch/plan !
ConsThere's very little problems I've had with AWW but there were only minor bugs here and there but they seemed to be fixed so all is good !
September 4, 2018
Education Management, 11-50 employees
January 3, 2018

“The app works well and as intended. It is fairly intuitive in design and use.”

ProsI the writing utensil is smooth and has nice features with it. I like how the eraser works, only erasing the part that you go over. It has improved with the addition of allowing PDF's and PPT to be brought into the board. It like the integration with google classroom and the collaboration feature. I have been looking for a product that will allow math students the ability to go and use their devices and I believe the AWW app will allow this.
ConsWhen PDF's brought in they are not crisp and clear. The lines are very pixilated. The PDF needs to fill the entire page as well, I know that you can zoom in on it but this seems cumbersome and an unneeded extra step. The ability to bring in more than just PPT would be helpful especially for those using Google products. If it could connect directly with Drive would be an improvement. The last thing that would be helpful is the ability to record so that it can be used for a flipped classroom. The recording must synch the writing and audio at the same time. I have seen other apps that do not do this. I have been using notability and that has been my benchmark
January 3, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 15, 2019

“Limited features, bad support”

OverallOverall, if you just want a simple whiteboard, you can use it. But if you are looking to integrate it into your own environment using API's, this might not be the right fit. Do not expect timely support from the developers.
ProsThe only thing that I like about this product is the clean interface.
ConsI wanted to use API of the app. I signed up for a trial account and I was asked to pay, because the trial account did not have API access. I got the paid subscription but the API never worked correctly. There was no support available. They take days to respond to your support request and will never appear on a phone call, even if you are a paid customer. We just ended up on an answered email thread for days and decided to switch to some other product.
March 15, 2019
Robert S.
GERENTE GENERAL
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
May 4, 2019

“ Blackboard for teamwork.”

ProsExcellent online blackboard with which I can do in the company to make creations in the team, since it allows the collaborative work, the creations I can save it or share it through URL link or by email. The platform offers me templates that help you create any informative material (diagrams or mental maps) and also allows me to add forms, drawings or upload files in different formats (ppt, pdf, jpg) It offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
ConsIt is online so it requires internet connection and the free versions is only 14 days.
May 4, 2019
Daniel M.
November 17, 2017

“Used to be quite limited but tried again recently and working excellently. ”

OverallFree, useful whiteboard aid for my tutoring classes. Communication with colleagues. Fun activity for children.
ProsZoom and drag with large pages facilitates dynamic lessons excellently. Good choice of pens and colours.
ConsNo emoticons, smiley faces etc. Useful for teaching young students. Can get slow when lots of writing on screen, difficult to move sections of text to include some in middle
Chris C.
Lead Mathematics Content Developer
51-200 employees
November 16, 2017

“Great, but with a few glitches”

OverallI've been using it to tutor students and I've had great feedback so far, especially when it works without glitches.
ProsI like the ability to post images. The system makes it easy because it allows users to drag and drop images directly onto the whiteboard. I also like the ability to save the whiteboard for future reference.
ConsSometimes, there's a lag between the time images are posted and when the images actually appears. Also, what other users write or do on the whiteboard may not always appear unless they manually refresh the page.
Nathan W.
November 16, 2017

“Fun, intuitive; my students have an easy time mastering the whiteboard after one or two sessions.”

ProsDoesn't overwhelm you with obscure, unnecessary tools or features. Pretty easy to share and host large group sessions.
ConsThe amount you can "zoom in" is a bit excessive; sometimes I accidentally zoom in too much and find myself lost in terms of my place on the board. However, this is merely a minor annoyance.
Yvette G.
November 16, 2017

“Easy to use and good for online collaboration.”

ProsIt has just the right amount of features and tools to be simple to use and share with others easily.
ConsI once had a stranger access and "vandalize" the board I was using with a student. (I was using the free version.)
Pedro P.
Software Developer
Design, 11-50 employees
February 13, 2019

February 13, 2019
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 2, 2019

“No login required is perfect for our teaching staff”

ProsBest aspects of AWW app: No login is required. The free, unpaid version has basic tools and can get the job done. Links can be shared with students or other staff.
ConsObviously, the advanced tools for the whiteboard are only available to paid users, and users can't download their whiteboard into a PDF while using the free tier.
April 2, 2019
Miriam W.
Teacher
November 28, 2017

“Excellent tool for online teaching! ”

ProsGreat teaching tool: Works great for online one-on-one teaching! My student loves it ; Simple interface: My student loves to annotate using the colorful drawing tools
ConsFunctionality: It's too easy to move things the wrong way with the selection cursor instead of moving the "view"