Celoxis Ratings

Overall

About Celoxis

Celoxis is an award-winning, affordable, all-in-one project management & collaboration solution. Manage projects, tasks, resources, timesheets, expenses, issues, risks & more from one place saving your team license fees & the hassle of jumping through multiple tools. Our reporting & dashboards are best in the industry & our built-in workflow engine enables you to automate things you never thought possible. Successfully used by small teams, popular brands & Fortune 500 companies, give us a try! Learn more about Celoxis

April 17, 2019

“A very affordable and powerful project management platform”

OverallWe are being capable of making a smooth transition from our original PM processes to new business practice based on Celoxis. We can deliver high level and top quality information about our project portfolio easily. We have a very short delivery time for new features. The workflow engine allows us to extend Celoxis capabilities and use a single platform for managing everyting project related.
ProsThe most valuable feature in Celoxis for our PMO is its API. We've been able to do intensive integration work on less than 4 months. This has helped us to use a very user friendly adoption path, since people are not seeing disruptive changes in the way they work. What they see is a very gradual transition between their traditional tools and processes to the new ones on Celoxis. For example, for reporting time logs, we used the API to integrate Celoxis with the same GUI our consultants have used for a long time. They saw little differences in that we integrated the time codes catalog into the GUI, but as a PMO we've been able to use the time information in a very productive way in Celoxis. Now, we are gradually moving some users to entre their timesheets using the powerful Celoxis GUI. Another very powerful feature is the workflow engine. We are also using that one a lot. Be it for managing risks, change requests, issues and project requests (the built-in original apps) or our custom made apps for agreements, business goals, stakeholder management and deliverables acceptance. And we can use all of them using Celoxis GUI, e-mail or the API. In terms of common project management features, like the Gantt, and the way tasks are added, managed, updated, related, scheduled, etc. Celoxis performs as expected.
ConsThe web GUI has some limitations in terms of there not being a way to zoom, so you get an standard sized view. Personally, I like smaller text and a better use of the visible space, but there's no way to do that on Celoxis. Another thing we don't like is that a lot of the web views are shared among all users. For instance, I set my dashboards the way I like them, but at the same time I am modifying the for all users. Also, you can create different dashboards but they share some of the widgets configuration. I currently have 3 dashboards. One for those projects I am accountable for their performance and success (my projects), a second one for projects in which I act as a PMO mentor for the project managers, and a third one for all the other projects. Since my involvement is different, I need different information on the Project List widget in the dashboards. But, if you change the column list on the widget on one dashboard it is modified for all of them. I don't like that at all.
April 17, 2019
Stacie M.
Director of Global Services Operations
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
February 8, 2018

“Celoxis is a robust platform with a stellar support team. ”

ProsCeloxis meets expectations for project management in the software delivery industry. We are able to leverage Celoxis globally to track our implementation projects. We track our financials, resource assignments, and % complete in this tool. Celoxis has a great reporting structure and flexibility in creating your own custom fields. When the tool does not have the exact feature I need, I have been able to work with Celoxis training to find an out of the box solution or submit a feature request with surprising success in having them delivered. Celoxis often has more functionality than my teams are ready to adopt and I find that the operational issues have more to do with people and process (not tool). I especially like the flexibility of the client log in feature and the customization of what each person can see in their own dashboards. I really love that it can serve as the one central repository for project updates. We have been using Celoxis for a little over three years and are quite happy with it. Within a few months it will be our global standard.
ConsCeloxis is a standalone software that needs to be integrated with our Salesforce environment, therefore, it has taken some additional investment on our part to automatically trigger projects at closed/won state and feed the data into our financial systems. Celoxis is also real time data so there is no back button if you delete something or the ability to restore a previous version. Since I am using this tool globally I would like to see more workspace segmented admin features to control what is seen by each region throughout all reports and tasks. Additionally, we have had to perform a few workarounds to get full billable and non-billable resource load charts in the tool. Since many people go to outlook to see if a resource is available, the current Celoxis Outlook integration (a separate calendar) is not sufficient for blocking off the resource from being scheduled for other things. I suggest the following improvements - Direct Outlook Calendar integration that blocks off scheduled time so people in the business can see that the resource is not available and actively working on a project. (currently we book time in Celoxis and Outlook - double entry) - Non-Project Time viewed exactly the same as billable time from projects in the resource load charts including the time code and % allocation - Administration features for further segmentation or archiving of the data - Data restoring options including restoration of deleted objects restoring to a previous day
February 8, 2018
Whitney P.
Director of Production
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Easy to use product hits all the top needs”

OverallOverall, Celoxis has really helped our business streamline processes and reporting. Time and task tracking is easier and more transparent to project managers and clients, and reporting is much less time intensive than our previous methods. I have been very pleased with the software and the customer service each time an issue is raised.
ProsI like that the interface is very user friendly. I also like that the reports are customizable. We have been able to integrate a lot of reporting into Celoxis that was previously done using Excel or a similar program. Celoxis is able to collect all of our data and organize it effectively, thus ensuring we don't have to go to a lot of extra work to manipulate the data into the reports we want to see.
ConsThe new interface isn't as useful for me as the previous one. It works better for my resources, but as an admin, it seems less friendly than before. Namely, the drop downs and options available under Reports and other areas are not as customizable. I liked having my full list of starred reports available previously, whereas now I find myself accessing the full 'All Reports' page more frequently to navigate. I mainly use reports in the system to it was more convenient to have only my preferred ones all listed in one place.
Anshu M.
Manager, Wolfram Global Technical Services
501-1000 employees
March 24, 2017

“Excellent in many, many ways although with some shortcomings”

OverallCeloxis is a great PMS, without any doubt. I like that they keep the lists and reports simple but powerful. It is nimble because it uses text rather than too much of graphics effects etc. You can generate a wide variety of reports. Comes with free client portals which my clients love. It has a very powerful feature where you can define your own app with it's own workflow, custom fields etc. It has a trigger mechanism as well to change states of apps when responses are received, which is very, very useful. I have created as many as 8 apps for incoming opportunities, defining a request tracker system, payments, contracts etc. etc. That is extremely useful to organize everything around a Project. It has shortcomings in communications area like not having an email editor at all and you can write (through commenting) to only one client (one person) from within the app etc. You get all this for a very low price unlike Salesforce etc., that's a deal!
ProsFast, customizable, no-nonsense interface, wide variety of reports, custom apps
ConsWeak in communication tools, does not have an email editor, only notifications can be sent out through commenting in apps, can't attach files to those or send to multiple client officials. Discussions at Project level allow those but not at app level.
Recommendations to other buyersLearning curve can be steep in the very beginning but after that you will love it.
March 24, 2017
Denzil Jr P.
Project Manager, Developer
Consumer Electronics, 1001-5000 employees
March 27, 2017

“Celoxis Flexibility brings our company into the next level!”

OverallIn addition to its great project management feature, celoxis have a powerful flexibility on creating custom app where you can tweak custom formula and create a processes that will give amazing benefits on data management and very useful reports and tracker that help us track our on time delivery and improve our team work at same time by work collaboration. in 4-6 months of using celoxis and developing some custom apps, we've brought our overall on time delivery from 40% - 80% that results to successful projects and happy customer. By developing custom apps from our QA inspection registries, we've save a lot of time spend on doing reports, eliminate unnecessary meetings and manage our data effectively. In couple of weeks we're working to upgrade our account from cloud to on promise and we're very excited on the next breakthroughs we can achieve together with celoxis as our partner.
ProsIn addition to its amazing project management feature, I love the flexibility that we can create a custom app and tweak the custom fields to automate formulas, processes and creates necessary report we need.
ConsLimitation on graph feature but I think that the capability is enough for our needs. However, we're looking forward if Celoxis can add more features that could help us get use the most of it.
Recommendations to other buyersAll systems have their own cons, but look and focus on how you can get the most out of its feature and you'll be amazed!
March 27, 2017
August 9, 2017

“Great PM tool especially for digital projects”

ProsAs well as the standard ability to plan project, Celoxis allows you to bug track, resource plan, and create a wealth of reports. Not only that but you have unlimited client access for clientst to be able to log and view their own bugs as well as track the progress of their project, granting specific permissions and allowing full transparency. I also like the ability to customise reports and fields, import project and export reports in csv, pdf and msproject formats. The support team are incredibly responsive in addition to the articles and forums within the help centre. On a daily basis I use it to plan projects, allocating estimated hours per task, check progress of a project, check the resource availability, and calculate risks.
ConsWith each release improvements are made, but whenever there is a release the system can be a little buggy, but is usually resolved very quickly and tickets are dealt with promptly.
August 9, 2017
Ryan K.
Research Engineer
Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees
March 23, 2017

“Great Project Management Tool”

OverallWe have used Celoxis for nearly 6 years and it has continued to be improved and polished. We use it for primarily for project management, time-tracking, expense tracking, and some of our workflow processes. Celoxis personnel have always been very good about helping through upgrades and other technical questions. While there is a little bit of a learning curve, I would highly recommend this tool as a lower cost, yet fuller featured product in comparison to Microsoft Project, which still seems to be tool of choice for most PM's.
ProsWeb based tool, Gantt Charting feature, custom workflow creation, scales well (we have a lot of projects in there).
ConsCan be a little laggy at times (we host our own server, so that could be part of it). Interface changes have been confusing at times. For the custom workflows, it would be better to have a graphical representation (i.e. flowchart format).
Recommendations to other buyersWhen taking on PM tool, especially this one, it makes sense to get as many users into the system as possible. This will take a significant investment of time, but it pays off down the road.
Eduardo B.
Internet, 51-200 employees

“Lack of graphics”

OverallOverall experience is good. It's a very useful tool with a lack of some subjects mentioned above. Celoxis is being used every day as a way of track and control projects, it does the job.
ProsEasy to keep control of a project, easy to personalise items and easy to share a project/information among the organisation.
ConsThe lack of graphics and reports options. Graphics and reports customisation is everything nowadays. Users should be capable to customise the projects reports and have the possibility to see project/status evolution within a time frame. The graphics are limited as well, the way we show information sometimes is more important than the information itself. This subject should be also improved. The way how we share the project with external users should be also improved: add external watchers and export the project Gantt. (It isn't possible to share project status, for example).
Prateek S.
QA Manager
Information Services, 51-200 employees
March 21, 2017

“Celoxis - A customized and organized view of projects and details that matter to you!”

OverallThe highly customized dashboard with different views are great. There is various data you can add to to your dashboard, projects, reports etc. to tailor your view to what matters most to you. Time tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.
ProsTime tracking is very simple as well. It would be great if the time sheet automatically saved like everything else on the platform. It is a bit annoying when you track your time for the day, edit one field and then it deletes all of your content because you didn't save it before editing.
ConsThe interface. The design could be nicer, it's a bit overwhelming at times. Also, bug/ issue tracking is not the greatest. It would be nice if it worked more like Jira or if the platform could connect with Jira.

By Celoxis Technologies on March 23, 2017
Hello Prateek, Thank you for your review. Our timesheets display an "unsaved data" warning when you try to close them or navigate away before saving or submitting your changes. We are also working on further improving timesheets. We will take in your inputs and suggestions. We are also working on improving integrations such as with Jira. Thanks again for your comments!
March 21, 2017
Fiona G.
Senior Project Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great S/W for customisation”

OverallI've seen some massive improvements between v10 and v11 and really impressed with the additional functionality, think this is a fast growing platform that a lot of companies should use.
ProsThe ease that it can set up and customised, the custom fields are great and means you can tailor it to any industry or type of project. The reports are easy to adapt and the financials can be set up for multiple kinds of project management, with timelogging it means you can move away from multiple s/w. The support team are very responsive and helpful and development keeps introducing new features from feedback. I've set this up for 3 different companies now with good success.
ConsOnly con is copy and paste is a bit different from ms project but same as most web based s/w and quickly get used to it.
Misha M.
April 7, 2017

“Project Management, Performance and Reporting!”

Overallhere are many great things about Celoxis, but to me the following stand out above all 1) Thorough replication of MS Project functionality. Most competitors take simplistic approach to project plans, but for us this was not an option as out project plans initiated in MS Project are extremely detailed. The fact that Celoxis handles all the data and does it with ease was the number one reason we chose this tool. 2) Performance Our largest project Plan to date has 5000 lines - more than enough to make other tools choke. Not so with Celoxis. Performance is adequate, and they improve it from version to version. In the beginning I was concerned that the project managers will be slowed down when working with Celoxis project plans, comparing to their workflow in MS Project, but all these concerns disappeared very quickly. This is a very fast tool indeed; especially considering all the data it crunches. 3) Reporting No surprise there as anyone who tries Celoxis comments on its Reporting capabilities. These are second to none. Essentially - almost everything in Celoxis is a report, and you can include in these reports any objects that exist in the system - users, clients, projects, tasks, documents, discussions, assignments, and the multiple attributes of those objects. All reports are sortable, filterable, and configurable for the personalized view. Charts are interactive. Object names are clickable, allowing for the quick access of any object listed in the report. Note on the performance: I have to add that the latest version v10.5 was the first one since I started using the system where performance went down. It is still good, but more of our project managers started noticing the lag when they use large project plans. Now, unless you have a super fast machine that can handle heavy client-side javascript with ease, you may have issues. I sincerely hope that this is going to be addressed in the future versions, and that the system will keep improving, as it was before v10.5. Truly, when performance lags, no awesome features can make up for its absence.
April 7, 2017
Erin H.
IT Director
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
July 14, 2015

“Celoxis saved us a ton of time and helped us be more productive!!”

ProsCeloxis saves us a ton of time. It gives us an easy way to report information and helps us make better decisions about the projects and their budgets. Prior to using Celoxis, our reporting was a manual and time-consuming process. Reporting required our managers to explicitly reach out to team members and other stakeholders, gather information, then document it. There was no timely communication and we've had to always scramble to meet our 'go-live' schedules. Now that everything is standardized and real-time, our managers are easily on top of open issues and can see when projects risk slippage. We can create KPI reports and dashboards for our management to keep them up to-date on the progress.
ConsTheir salesperson was a little slow to respond initially, but he was able to help me with a demo of the product and answer some of my initial queries about pricing and licensing. I felt the initial connect for a vendor was somehow missing, but with a fantastic tool that helped us achieve where we are today, I am certainly willing to discount that part for now.
Recommendations to other buyersThey offer a free 1 hour session on payment. This session conducted by their product experts gives you great insights into admin and security settings for your account. Make sure you avail that offer! It'll save you a lot of initial effort otherwise.
July 14, 2015
James S.
Production Scheduler
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

“Good tool, good value”

OverallOverall Celoxis is good product for a really good price. It has allowed us to have a much better view of the pending workload and schedule it much more effectively, thus allowing us to be more productive. It also gives us the ability to spot potential "bottle necks" in our production process much further in advance which allows us to plan for it and minimize the impact on the schedule. It also allows us to see when a future project is effected by a current one taking longer than expected (so long as you schedule using predecessors).
ProsEase of use and clear visibility of the upcoming schedule.
ConsIf you have a full time resource that uses one work calendar, say 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM, and a part time resource who uses a different work calendar, say 7:30 AM - NOON, and you assign them on the same task, the duration will be different for each resource if you use automatic scheduling.
Kavita P.
Consultant
Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees
September 28, 2018

“A Great Tool For Small Team of Independent Consultants”

OverallOur overall experience with Celoxis has been on the positive side. The tool has helped us keep all our projects on track and collaborate within the team. The price and value is exceptional, especially for a small team like us. We don't use much of the resource management or other features of the tool, just keeping our projects on a strict timeline and tracking efforts towards various activities.
Pros1. Web-based Interface 2. Mobile Access 3. Project Gantt Chart and Timelines 4. Alerts and Notifications 5. Time Tracking 6. Ease of Use
ConsThe interface is a bit heavy for a small team like us. I wish I could easily turn off a lot of features that I currently don't use. Yes, there is a way I can turn off costing and billing and other portfolio features, but even after that, I still feel the app needs to have a more light-weighted look and feel.
Susan G.
QA manager
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2017

“Am loving Celoxis”

OverallHave had a very positive experience with Celoxis although I am not too sure the notification feature works correctly. I cannot rely on it so I must go in and check to ensure nothing has changed. Also we customized one of the screens and needed to use the notification feature, but are unable to do so. Other than that - this tool is AMAZING!!
ProsEasily locate what you are looking for. Easily identify estimated/actual hours...I am not a project manager and do not use it to its fullest, but what I do use, I find it very user friendly and quite frankly not sure how we managed without Celoxis.
ConsAs previously mentioned, the notification features does not work as it should
April 10, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
November 13, 2018

“Easy-to-use and very affordable tool”

OverallIt's much more efficient and user-friendly than the systems we used before. The support teams are very agile and helpful. Easy-to-use dashboards and mobile interface truly add value.
ProsBeing in the healthcare industry, we are constantly looking for internal improvements to inspire healthy behaviors and improve overall healthcare management. Celoxis helps us with prioritizing our projects and activities, keeping a tight eye on progress in schedule, costs, risks and issues. It is very intuitive to use. Custom fields are tremendously useful in capturing different dimensions of information.
ConsSometimes the application feels a bit old-fashioned and clunky and the timesheets could do with a bit of overhaul. Nothing too major in lacking.
November 13, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2016

“Celoxis Review from Project Manager”

OverallOur software development shop switched to Celoxis a few years ago and haven't looked back. It's ease of use for time entry has proven to make for much more accurate and timely time entries, and the project/time/task/resource reporting features are top notch. As a project manager, I used to spend hours and hours trying to get various views of project data, and Celoxis makes that much easier. Another feature that I feel sets it apart from other platforms, is the ability for me to create my own personal Dashboard where I can customize it to show the views and tasks that are important to me.
ProsCustomizable dashboard, Ease of time Entry, Great reporting features/graph views
BARBARA K.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2016

“Celoxis - Review from a Project Manager”

Prosease of use, reporting capabilities, dashboard views
Ryan R.
Project Engineer
Medical Devices, 1001-5000 employees
November 28, 2016

“A project management platform at its finest”

OverallI'm a project engineer at a manufacturing and engineering design firm and I use Celoxis more than daily. It can take few days to learn, but once you have it down it is by far the best platform I've ever used to manage projects. It is useful for project engineers and all the way up to senior management to manage small projects, programs, and employees. It really is an all-in-one product and I highly recommend it.
ProsFrequent updates and bug fixes Inter-facility coordination Seamless timeline creation and management Hours tracking and analysis for large groups of people
ConsI have no cons. In the past year, Celoxis has fixed all the problems I originally had with it (mainly bugs).
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a must-have type of platform for program management.
November 28, 2016
Katrin K.
Executive Director
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified
August 5, 2015

“Most viable candidate of the lot with excellent reporting capabilities”

ProsWhat I like best about Celoxis is its flexibility in reporting. The reporting is so robust that it lets me create all sorts of complex portfolio and resource reports even on my business fields. It also has a clean interface and is very simple to learn. Celoxis is an excellent tool for time tracking, especially the weekly time sheets and the one-click approve feature. Resource management tools are also comprehensive in helping us track down resources with right skills, their availability and utilization.
ConsSetting up security can often be challenging, especially with multiple roles and work spaces. To ease that out, Celoxis does provide a complimentary 1 hour session on Administration and Security best practices to its new customers. I'd encourage everybody to sign up for this. It really smooths out your new software deployment process. Best practices, quick how-to's and product usage tips are missing. It would be worthwhile to include these in their Help center.
Recommendations to other buyersMy recommendation to those looking for a project management tool is that Celoxis is good. In fact it's the best in my opinion. However definitely use the trial period that is offered to you and watch as many of their video tutorials to make sure it works for you and your business!
August 5, 2015
Rohit L.
IT Project Manager
October 10, 2019

“Defect Entry Hassle”

ProsHere are the things I like about Celoxis: 1) Easy to track & find items 2) User interface is clean & uncluttered
ConsHere are some of my issues with Celoxis: 1) While entering defects, the fields for the defect description and file attachments are placed way below at the bottom of the form. 2) The defect entry field is not wide enough, and is short. So it is difficult to read more than a few lines at a time while entering the defect.
October 10, 2019
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
November 19, 2018

“A very very flexible project management platform”

OverallIt has been great overall! One of the main advantages has been streamlining all our projects and resources and workloads and keep them sorted in one place. Customizable dashboards are a cherry on the top!
ProsIt is ideal for project planning, allowing us to plan our larger and more complex projects using waterfall and our smaller, agile projects using kanban. Very swift time-tracking capabilities including timers. A lot of reporting and charting capabilities helps getting in-depth visibility into progress.
ConsNothing so far, the user interface could be more responsive, but not really hampering our use of the software. Pop-ups can be avoided.
November 19, 2018
Michael M.
Senior PRoject Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
October 9, 2019

“Seasoned Project Manager has the perfect tool for managing Service Project”

OverallThe recent improvements on the navigation have sped up my task execution and the features work steady. When managing Services projects it helps keep both internal and external stakeholders in the loop on everything.
ProsLove the navigation and the ability to manage and track our team and client relationships
ConsFinancial Report still needs to be approved and would like more PMI measures for each project and portfolio like EVM. Go beyond SPI and CPI.
Gavin H.
Measures Intern
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“It's Good”

ProsIt is fairly easy to understand and use.
ConsYou do not have much control over the views you can create. That is to say, there was information I wanted to add to a view that I couldn't, or I couldn't organize a report in a manner I wanted to.
Cyril H.
Design, 11-50 employees
April 6, 2017

“The perfect balance between ease-of-use and power”

OverallA few years back, we took the time to try a number of PM tools. The most easy to use solutions offered poor features, and the most powerful ones were very difficult to implement and run on a day-to-day basis. We ended up opting for Celoxis which significantly improved our workflow and keeps our projects under full control. Give it a (free) try!
ProsThe balance between ease-of-use and power.
ConsAs a design agency, we feel that the interface could be improved.
April 6, 2017
Christopher B.
Resource Manager (PM) // Project Manager
Publishing, 51-200 employees
October 28, 2016

“Fully featured, intuitive software”

OverallI've used Celoxis for managing multiple publishing projects at once. The features for both the project manager and project resource are straightforward and exactly what we need. The Celoxis team continues to introduce new features with every version and builds an easy-to-use product. The customer service has always been helpful whenever I've had a question or issue.
ProsEase of user interaction, customer support, customizability of reports and tracking
October 28, 2016

Stacie M.
Global Operations Manager
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
March 20, 2017

“Excellent product that has ease of use and complexity”

OverallI have been using this product for two years and it meets need I didn't even know I had! My company has adopted it globally and Celoxis has a super responsive support team.
ProsGreat project management and business intelligence tool
ConsCould do with better filtering for regional use. More field options for filtering & grouping across all reports.
Recommendations to other buyersMeets 90% of my requirements for a fourth of the price!
Tim S.
Director of Project Management
Construction, 51-200 employees

“A Must Have”

OverallWe began using Celoxis for our Project Management Team in 2015. The team immediately feel in love with Celoxis and recognized it as great tool to help them manage their projects and resources. Since then our Sales, Production, and Accounting teams have become users. The Production Team utilizes it for forecasting and production status while the accounting team uses it for progress and final billings. Celoxis has proved itself to be a viable tool for us through out our process.
ProsEase of Use, Exporting capabilities, Reports
ConsNeed a better Mobile App
Recommendations to other buyersDevelop a better mobile app
Dmitriy L.
Head of PMO
Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

“Great product!”

OverallWe use this EPM for 2 years already. All our project activities (about 50 simultaneous projects anytime) and all our resource management is performed through this tool. It was really easy to implement. There were no any critical issues, we've implemented almost all of our methodology needs and continue to evolve further with custom fields and apps. The support team is rapid and professional.
mathias p.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

“Great project system!”

OverallWe have used Celoxis now for 3 years and til today i havent found any other projectsoftware that is this easy to use and great reports.
ProsEasy to use, self tought when using it.
ConsI have realy don have anything bad to say about it, but my Company is not at the moment using all its functions when it comes to handle resourses and its cost ect.
Dmitriy L.
Head of PMO and customer services
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Unspecified
July 27, 2016

“Great and powerful”

OverallOur ICT team have been using it for four monthes and our project and functional managess fall in love with it more and more. It simplifies the daily routine significantly, especially for keeping projects up-to-date and resource planning. You may build every report you can even imagine and find a way to adjust almost every business process you have in your company in this solution. The support team is every qualified and provided rapid responses.
ProsVery customizable, great Gant charts (almost every features from Microsoft Project), possibility to set different workspaces and grant different type of access for users, customizable workflows etc. Easy to use and friendly solution with clear documentation.
ConsDespite new version, the design is a still considerable. There is only one group of users and one price for it. It's easy to operate but we would be happy to see cheap users licenses with restricted rights one day (for example, users who can see only their dashboard with tasks and ability to set % of completion and time spent)
Recommendations to other buyersJust wish this great solution to conquer the market.
July 27, 2016
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 25, 2019

“Extensive reporting feature”

OverallOverall great - it really brings something niche to the table with its reporting feature, and it includes many other useful features that other programs have as well. Definitely would recommend.
ProsI've shopped around for a lot of project management software, and Celoxis is a solid choice. The thing that stood out most was its reporting feature - the options for reporting are more extensive than most other programs. You can make a report out of pretty much anything that you track within the app, and then you have options to interact with the charts, filter the data, and change up the visualization.
ConsThe cost is a little higher compared to some other programs, but it's well worth it if you'll be heavily using the reporting feature.
August 25, 2019
James J.
Technical Associate
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 10, 2019

“My 2018 Celoxis experience”

OverallI get to log all my the work that I've done for the day very efficiently using Celoxis. I can easily check the status of the projects assigned to me; if I'm on track or I'm behind.
ProsI love how Celoxis is designed. It's very intuitive and has all the features I needed to be productive with work. I can very easily input everyday time entries and check project statuses.
ConsSometimes it gets very slow but it's not much of a deal for me.
January 10, 2019
Shubham S.
Project Management Executive
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
December 3, 2018

“Amazing pack of features and tools ”

OverallI have been using celoxis since last year, it is one of the best tool available for project management, Resource Management, Project Portfolio and Time Tracking.
ProsNumber of features offered are unique and better than any other in market, especially easy of use with multiple types of reporting.
ConsThere is nothing like Cons in celoxis, it is just a bit costly that's the only point except this everything is great.
December 3, 2018
Luis R.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2017

“Rather useful for weekly planning and control”

OverallWe have been using Celoxis for more than 3 years and it has proved to be a good tool for planning and controling the activity of our team; we assign individual tasks to 9 people on a weekly base.
ProsEasy to use and well adapted to our way of planning
ConsThe price grows with the number of users
March 30, 2017
Jon A.
Designer and Knowledge Builder
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
June 15, 2017

“Easy to use and feature rich project management software that you'll love”

OverallIf you're looking for software that hits the sweet spot for robust features, ease of use, and price, you cannot do better than Celoxis!
Pros--Ease of use: When I first signed up, I was able to create two projects completely from scratch in under two hours. --Tech support is responsive: I noticed a feature that wasn't working the way I thought it should. I reached out to tech support who showed me another way to make the changes I need AND he referred my concern to the Engineering Team. Within 2 days they had made the change. --Features: Celoxis really shines when it comes to the project management features it offers. I love the interactive Gantt charts, the ease of making changes, and the ability to track budgets without information overload.
Cons--The only downside is the lack of robust integration with Quickbooks online. While it does send invoices to QB, you can't synch other information.
June 15, 2017
Ed S.
Financial Lead
Information Services, 11-50 employees
March 23, 2017

“Celoxis at a small consulting firm.”

OverallVery good system for imputting, analysis and the basis for billing. Would like to find a way to tap into the database.
ProsOn line. Good basic system with basic menu driven reports.
ConsLike to dive into the data tables and create other reports and utilities.
Ruby L.
Director of Operations
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Unspecified
September 18, 2015

“Love it! I couldn't manage my projects without it”

ProsCeloxis is simple to use yet a very powerful tool for tracking projects of all types. The flexibility lies in creating custom fields to exactly measure our management KPIs and dynamic report filters to slice and dice data as needed. Celoxis also comes with several built-in reports that accommodate almost 85% of our needs. We also created our own specific reports for specific tracking requirements. For our teams, they can see their outstanding tasks, raise inventory requests, log time, file issues and manage to dos all from a single web interface. We managed to get our lead times down by 18-23% and also improved cycle time and overall process efficiency.
ConsNothing really. So far our team and management is completely satisfied with the product and the benefits we have got from it.
Recommendations to other buyersI'd recommend Celoxis to project managers who want an affordable project management tool that isn't over-engineered and want your teams to stick to it.
September 18, 2015
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Celoxis is an amazing Tool.”

OverallCeloxis solves a world of problems for HRPLUS Software ltd both for programmers and project managers. Managing projects have never been easier using Celoxis and it is a great project management platform to use. Benefits such as timely project execution and efficient tracking of all the bugs and fixes all in one tool.
ProsI like the integration feature to attach documents.
ConsI like the Kanban state feature the least.
January 9, 2019
Walid P.
Coordinador de proyectos
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Easy Scheduling”

OverallI use Celoxis most of the time in my call center, where i have to schedule the lunch time and days off of the employees.
ProsCeloxis is a Project Manager that helps you track your times and activities, budget and of course schedule. What i like the most is how easy i can schedule the vacations of my teamwork or customize the company calendar so everyone can see the tasks we have to accomplish.
Consthe software itself doesnt have any flaws but... there are many other project managers in the market cheaper than this one.
December 18, 2018
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
November 1, 2018

“Bundle of every need for a successful project manager and PMO team”

OverallClear picture and visibility of all the projects at one place. All files related to projects at one place and all the changes and conversations with the team at one place along with Audit log of all changes. This gives us the flexibility to manage the projects easily and act upon the right step at the right time for all projects. This is the best tool in project management across all available solutions.
Pros* Flexible to customize the fields * Flexible to add or remove the required fields * Scheduler * Gantt chart automatic changes based on dependent task changes etc. * Virtual user (Email and Get the updates via email is awesome) * Customizing using the API and PHP * Audit Log * Issue management
ConsNeed to find out. Other applications integration such as SAP and Trackwise Direct database connection with the SAP & Trackwise systems which will be very beneficial for extracting the information at one go.
November 1, 2018
michael h.
Mgr Techa nd Web
Restaurants, 5001-10,000 employees
March 23, 2017

“Solid Product and Support”

Overallwe have been on this product for over 3 years with outstanding product support, consistant and meaningful upgrades to features and UI. It is a daily necessity in our MIS environment for tracking projects and tasks
Prosvery full featured
Charlotte D.
Delivery Manager
Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Great tool for project management”

Pros-ease of use -ability to restrict & give different types of access to clients -ability to create different "apps"
Cons-ease of deleting a project -a bit busy in some parts of the website--could be simplified
Medical Devices, 1001-5000 employees
September 27, 2018

“Celoxis helps gain control of project parametrics”

OverallCeloxis provides a very user friendly interface for allowing project participants to give accurate data. It also gives good group access to project plans, tasks, and milestones.
ProsEase of use for people to provide details of their actions and problems.
ConsIt would be good to import and export to MS Project for other corporate activities that are MS based.
September 27, 2018
Edward S.
CFO
Information Services, 11-50 employees
February 6, 2018

“We use it for Project analysis, billing and forecasting.”

ProsIts ability to download to other software and its internal report generation. For a cloud based software it works well.
ConsNeed even more facility to use external with Excel or Access. Would be nice if the reports would be a little easier to set up internally and you could get selected sums more easily.
February 6, 2018
Mark L.
CFO and Director of Operations
Research, 11-50 employees
March 23, 2017

“The Water Institute's Project Management System”

OverallWe are a private nonprofit billable organization that uses Celoxis as our project management and billable time tracking system. It is a very inexpensive functional system that works well for our needs.
Shelly E.
Project Engineer
July 23, 2015

“Celoxis is a wonderful software to keep on top of ongoing projects no matter how large or small.”

OverallPros - The fully customizable dashboard is by far the most amazing feature of this software. In one place you can see everything going on with each project and customize it to show only those things you are interested in. The customer service is to notch. There seems to be a real person available to respond to questions 24/7. Cons - The display modes and terms used are not always intuitive, so the demos are helpful. The weakest area of the software for my use, is resource load leveling. If Celoxis will incorporate some automatic forms of resource load leveling and enhance the Calendar view with options like allowing drag and drop or adding color coding to tasks in Calendar view based on the project they belong to or status, it would be a five star software package all the way. Uses - Managing progress of scores of projects running simultaneously utilizing a very small pool of resources.

By Celoxis Technologies on July 24, 2015
Thank you Shelly for the candid feedback. Our product team is already working on enhancing the resource leveling capabilities. This would be rolled out in one of our upcoming releases this year. We are also introducing "Split tasks" in our forthcoming release. It will provide a useful way to level resources by splitting tasks or by adding delay to tasks until the resources that are assigned to those tasks are no longer overloaded. Thanks!!
July 23, 2015
Licia N.
April 5, 2016

“Review from a user perspective”

OverallI would like to review Celoxis from the user perspective to provide feedback from the people who ultimately need to use it. I present the pluses and minuses, with an overall assessment at the end! If you want to use it for everyday tasks, it is easy to use and very user-friendly! If you want to use all the extra features (reporting, monitoring, graphs, etc.), however, you have to spend some time to play with this tool and familiarise yourself with it. I think that I am not aware of all of them, and sometimes I gave up on producing a report or a graph...just because. The customer service is extremely easy to reach (I chat with them whenever I need it!), and they try really hard to help out. The language barrier might be a problem though...not every one necessarily speaks English, and they could provide quick manuals or FAQs in different languages. Overall, I think this tool serves its purpose, and it can potentially be expanded and developed to cover other areas. They have what it takes to succeed!

By Celoxis Technologies on April 7, 2016
Licia, Thanks for your review. I have asked our customer success manager to reach out to you to help you out with your queries. I have also taken note of your request for providing documentation and self help material in different languages. We will probably get to it due course of time :)
April 5, 2016
Luis G.
May 12, 2017

“Very usefull and very easy to use.”

ProsIt is ver easy to acess all the needed information. It is very easy to distribute the information through the relevant stakeholders.
ConsThere are still some very needed features to be done. Mirror tasks, generation of automated reports to customers templates (PPT).
May 12, 2017