Shift Ratings

Overall

About Shift

Shift is the workstation for productive people. Trusted by hundreds of thousands of productivity enthusiasts around the world, Shift streamlines your workflows so you can get things done more efficiently. Tired of logging in and out of multiple accounts, Shift users enjoy single-click access to over 900 of the Web's most popular applications, extensions, mail accounts, and cloud services. Learn more about Shift

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

“Useful App”

ProsShift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).
ConsShift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.
Tatianna H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“In love at (Second) Sight”

OverallI was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work. I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly. With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.
ProsThe fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.
ConsIt doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.”

OverallAll of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.
ProsHaving a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy. Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail. Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now. The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.
ConsSometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).
Joel Daniel H.
Executive Dreamer
Think Tanks, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.”

ProsIf you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.
ConsOnce I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.
November 27, 2018
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
September 5, 2018

“One program to rule them all!”

OverallWe originally used Shift so that we can access multiple Google accounts for our company in one program without having to switch accounts in Google Chrome. Shift did such a great job we also use it for accessing many of our web apps. This works great on a Mac as its easy to access multiple web apps with only having one window open!
ProsShift has been a great tool for accessing several of our programs and accounts! The ability to access several web apps in one portal is very efficient and makes it easy to add multiple accounts. Shift is much more than a client for Gmail. It can access a wide variety of web apps and services. Notifications are easy to see and makes it easy to swap back and forth quickly between apps.
ConsLack of an admin portal to manage licensing and users of the group account.
September 5, 2018
Jordan M.
Real Estate Agent, Owner
Real Estate, Self-employed
September 30, 2019

“Excellent professional or even personal work oriented application”

OverallBy utilizing Shift I am maximizing efficiency, eliminating redundancy, and turning my workstation use into a power user platform with its ease of functionality and organization. i never miss a beat.
ProsShift is what I call sort of an Iphone or Android app for PC. It collects all of your most used applications, websites and programs for easy access in one clean and efficient user interface. it makes your pc or mac as easy to use as an Iphone. My efficiency has gone through the roof since utilizin this application.
ConsThere is little negative about this software. I suppose more integrations would always be nice but that is hardly a downside. It's more of, "it would be nice for this app to do this or that, but you can only get so much utility for the money!
Real Estate, 10,001+ employees
March 7, 2019

“Stay Organized”

ProsShift is an outstanding tool for busy professionals to stay organized and maintain different accounts within one platform. It supports various email providers, as well as dozens, if not hundreds of applications. The dashboard is easy to use and it lets you pick from a few templates and color schemes. I used Shift to stay connected to a few email accounts that I use and it helps me centralize everything within one application. Overall, I am happy with its performance.
ConsThe only thing that I do not like as much about Shift is the pricing. Even though they offer a few tiers for its users, I think it is somewhat expensive.
March 7, 2019
Rachel G.
Process & Priorities Consultant
Management Consulting, Self-employed
July 5, 2019

“Best tool I didn't know I needed”

OverallYou will save time you didn't know you can get back. It's a game-changer, particularly for contract and freelance workers who have so many accounts.
ProsHaving everything in one app has been a game-changer. I use multiple GSuite accounts, 5+ Slack Workspaces, Evernote, ClickUp for project management, Toggl to track time - all of these apps running on my computer made it really slow and I didn't realize how much time I spent navigating around everything. Shift conveniently puts everything in 1 place and has saved me so much time I didn't know I could get back.
ConsI do run a lot in it, but 1-2 times a day I have to reload the entire app because it's glitching and won't save properly (I've never lost anything because I realize it super fast, but still annoying)
July 5, 2019
Greg J.
Digital Strategy Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 28, 2018

“Surprised at how much I like it. Price is still a bit steep, however.”

OverallShift has made me more efficient and helped me limit the number of tabs and desktop apps I leave open at any given time. I've thoroughly enjoyed using the software and think there are some really unique features to it, but the price tag is going to be prohibitive to some.
ProsI love how simple Shift has made it for me to switch back and forth between some of my most important apps (email, Slack, Hootsuite, Trello, etc.). It's intuitive enough that I caught on quickly to everything it offered, and I appreciate having one go-to app for everything I need.
ConsThe pricing for the "premium" version is pretty steep for the concept of this software. While I get a lot of value out of it, I'm not 100% sure if I'll re-up on my subscription at the end of it simply because I got 50% off to start out. Moreover, it's important to note that while this is an extremely useful program, it's essentially just a container that opens up the web/progressive web app versions of whatever service you're using. With that in mind, it's ultimately just a replacement for leaving a web browser open with your key tabs. Whether or not that's worth the hefty price tag is ultimately up to you.
December 28, 2018
Sailaja N. J.
CEO and Founder
Publishing, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“Using shift has been amazing. It is seamless in its design and allows me to manage multiple inboxes”

OverallIt saves so much time and is really incredibly easy to use
ProsThat it integrates with a wide variety of software, messaging apps and more. I love that i can easily toggle between multiple email identities as well as messaging apps. I haven't tried some of the more recent additions, but am excited to.
ConsIt's still a little bit of a clunky UI and I wish there were more app integrations (like airtable). I also wish I could visually customize the appearance a bit more.
Wilco v.
Webprogrammeur
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 27, 2019

“Very useful program for managing websites efficiently and fast”

OverallIt is a very helpful program that improves productivity a lot, but it is not perfect yet and can still use some extra features.
ProsThe software is really easy and straightforward to use. Setting it up is just a matter of logging in to your accounts. The software is very customizable with the extra apps you can install. Once websites are loaded switching between accounts is very fast. The cross-account search feature is very handy when you don't know anymore on which account you received a specific email.
ConsAccount and app colors can only be chosen from a specific set of colors and not with a color picker. You cannot dock extra Google apps on the top-right, only the default Gmail, Agenda and Drive are instantly accessible. Only a select number of Chrome extensions are available to install. The program takes quite a while to start.
July 27, 2019
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2019

“Great organization for Gmail, and other commonly used apps”

OverallShift is a kind of wrapper, and bookmark manager, which in itself doesn't sound complicated or clever, but the devil is in the detail. Within hours of using it, my default behaviour for using Gmail has changed completely, and having commonly used apps in there, I am finding that I'm using it like a master control panel for my business.
ProsI like the way that Shift allows me to have my 3 Gmail accounts open at the same time, and jump between them both. Although this functionality is somewhat present in a browser, working with Shift feels like the email is now anchored and it feels much nicer using it inside an app. The interface is preserved but the app allows me to move in and out of it without the risk of a closed tab. Furthermore, other apps can be added to the bottom which are sort of web-tabs, but do not require logging in.
ConsNot much to dislike. Obviously put my requests in for more apps I'd like to see supported. I don't use any of the chat apps like Slack in there, as I need them in their own window while using stuff in Shift. So I didn't see too much value in having them inside shift.
February 13, 2019
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
September 21, 2018

“Manage Multiple Accounts in One Place”

ProsShift let's you manage multiple email (and other) account within the software, which makes it a very useful service for many professionals including myself who use multiple email accounts on a daily basis. It notifies you when new data arrives. Easy to add new accounts.
ConsOnly cons is that many services require you to upgrade to the most expensive tier of the software.
September 21, 2018
Computer Networking, 201-500 employees
January 9, 2018

“Shift has become my one-stop shop for communications.”

OverallI'm able to access all of my accounts, personal and business, functional and social, all at once. I'm now able to get Hangouts as a separate App tab instead of a Google Services dropdown.
ProsShift allows me to have all of my important accounts and services accessible within a single piece of software. I purchased Advanced when it became available, and the team has been adding new apps/extensions constantly, further enhancing my Shift experience.
ConsDespite the updates coming, there's still no self-hosted JIRA integration, but I expect (hope) that will change soon-ish?
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 10, 2019

“Intuitive software to keep all your accounts organized”

OverallAfter a 2-month trial run, we were forced to move on from Shift, as great as it was due to the Gmail account restriction. If you use Gmail for business, then this is a great solution to streamlining all your services under one roof.
ProsShift is great at it's core functionality: having all your accounts logged in and ready to go, without having a million browser tabs open. This is especially handy if you have multiple accounts for the same service (ex: multiple Gmail accounts), as it saves you from having to log in/out or switch accounts. Shift supports a ton of services natively, such as most major email provider, social medias, CRM's, and other business software.
ConsThe biggest drawback of Shift is the fact that your Shift account must be tied to a Gmail account. If you use Outlook/Office365, you'll have to connect it to a Gmail account first in order to set up your additional emails. For companies that use Office365 for all in-office accounts, this obviously won't work, since there's no workaround and no solution in sight according to support.
March 10, 2019
cory j.
IT Director
May 9, 2018

“excellent multi inbox platform”

Proseasy to install and setup multiple email accounts. uses very little resources and is quick to start after starting up your machine. very attractive pricing makes this a good and simple platform without breaking the bank.
ConsI have had to reinstall a couple times due to some conflicts with windows 10. conflicts include getting a white screen when opening my inbox on a few of my accounts, removing and signing back into the account does work either (issue with cached data maybe).
May 9, 2018
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
December 13, 2017

“There are still a few specific features I really want from Shift, but customer service is great.”

OverallIt's an easy way to manage my email and appointments.
ProsI really like the way it looks for me to be logged into multiple accounts and have access to mail and calendars for these accounts. I also really like that Boomerang is now usable within Shift. The customer service has been spectacular, and always very responsive.
ConsI use Google Calendar for meeting reminders and want notifications from calendar, WITHOUT getting notifications from email. I want to be able to select only certain notification types instead of all notifications for any account. This is a big deal to me, and I've had to use another app for calendar reminders that I really don't like at all.
Sports, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Excellent software for managing multiple email accounts and applications.”

ProsShift really keeps the number of windows/tabs and applications to a minimum. Before shift, I had 3 different browser windows open, each for a separate email account. Now I just have one and can free up the clutter of my desktop. Recently with Shift Pro Advanced, I can now link my other task management applications like slack and asana so I have all details in one place. I've cut my workflow time in half just because I don't need to keep switching windows.
ConsThe only con I can think of with this product is the price of the Advanced version. The jump from pro to advanced is quite large for the lack of extra features you get.
Higher Education, Unspecified
December 18, 2017

“21 Fewer Tabs Open”

ProsShift has actually changed my life. Being able to easily have access to all of my GMail accounts without having to log in and out of them constantly has definitely made me more efficient. I adore that Shift is always improving and updating, adding pulgins and such that make it the easy choice for email.
ConsSometimes when opening certain drive items, it opens them up in the browser, prompting you to have to log into the proper account again. I can't figure out how to stop that but honestly, it's minimal compared to how annoying logging in and out used to be when I just used my browser for all my email accounts.
December 18, 2017
Sheleena G.
Consultant
January 12, 2018

“Overall great experience. With 9 inboxes and a Trello to manage, Shift has transformed my worklife!”

ProsAbility to be logged in to all accounts at the same time and not run into regular browser issues that I used to encounter. Especially love being able to work with all the different Drive accounts and files within them.
ConsI have issues with office365 accounts that I've added. Constantly logging me out and have also had several issues with the number of unread messages notification. Run into issues with opening links some times.
Eric D.
January 10, 2018

“A promising email/browser app with consistent updates from user feedback”

ProsIt enables me to use all my google emails and office 365 emails in one dashboard with their web app interface. It integrates with Grammarly and other important Google extensions to help you replace the need for your browser in most cases. It also integrates with a ton of apps like Dropbox, Hubspot, Asana, and more so you access those directly from Shift.
ConsThe browser/link functionality needs some improvement and few glitches here and there that will be fixed as more users report them. Overall, solid platform that makes managing multiple google emails a breeze.
January 10, 2018
Anissa C.
Graphic Design, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“Shift makes managing multiple email accounts easy!”

OverallI use Shift to manage multiple e-mail accounts. It really makes it easy to see what needs to be addressed, all in one spot. I always recommend it to others.
ProsI really love how easy it is to set up my multiple email accounts and "shift" between each of them. It makes it so much easier than having to use different browsers.
ConsI think it's a great program and haven't had any issues.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
March 14, 2019

“Useful tool for people maintaining multiple accounts across different platforms”

OverallAs I mentioned above, if you are managing multiple accounts, email accounts, social media, log-ins for clients etc. It can be a great tool to gain back organization and control.
ProsI truly enjoyed the ease and simplicity of shift. When I was using Shift I was a personal assistant and had many different accounts/emails and logins to keep track of and this simplified everything for me. I lreally liked it.
ConsI thought it still had a little ways to go in terms of UI and interface. Sometimes appeared clunky, so while simple, not 100% seamless
April 20, 2018

“Solid for accessing gmail and google apps outside a browser”

ProsGreat to access gmail and google docs/sheets with no temptation to browse in separate tabs. The free version was a great experience.
ConsThe Advanced package's ability to access 3rd-party applications is great, but it's overpriced. It also makes the Pro package feel like a waste of money, as its added features do not feel proportionate to the Advanced package.
April 20, 2018
June 28, 2018

“Good Design, Useful App”

ProsI was excited to try shift given how much I bounce around between clients gmails and google drive accounts. The app has a good design and works pretty well. Worth trying.
ConsI wish you could do a little more with the free plan but I get it. This is a very useful tool if you're trying to stay organized, efficient and have a variety of clients.
June 28, 2018
51-200 employees
April 24, 2018

“Shift is a great email management tool”

ProsI enjoyed using Shift to manage my Gmail and Google accounts (it also handles Calendar, Drive and so on). It has a great interface, new and usable and it is very useful to have all the Google Apps in a single software
ConsUnfortunately I had to switch to another solution, as I was asked to pay to keep using the services in both my accounts
April 24, 2018
Mark W.
Sitecore Technical Lead
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2018

“the best web client on your desktop”

Overalldedicated desktop email ' calendar for gmail amazing experience
Pros- dedicated email ' calendar app with native windows notifications not annoying browser prompts. - if you are on a machine that does not have the software... you still get exactly the same experience - you still get to use you main browser extensions
Conshonestly since the upgrade to 2.4 there are no real downsides for me here. i have noticed that some of the extensions are a bit fiddly when signing in but once setup... its amazing
Jon W.
Graphic Designer / IT
January 9, 2018

“The simplest solution for combining multiple inboxes and apps into one interface.”

ProsThe biggest advantage to Shift over multi-inbox solutions is that there's no modification to the native Gmail interface, and there's no clunky panes or buttons that most Chrome extensions tend to tack on. There's a minimal learning curve so once you load your email info you can start using Shift right away. App integrations work well, and notifications from them seem reliable in my use. Shift is way more convenient and responsive than having multiple Chrome tabs and multiple desktop apps open.
ConsSome non-Gmail-specific context menu plugins I use with Google Chrome obviously aren't available inside Shift, and the included context menu is fairly basic. It's not that big of an issue though, because any links open quickly with Chrome. I do wish the Advanced version with app integrations was cheaper, but the integrations are quite handy.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2019

“Great software when you are in and out of multiple accounts”

OverallUsing multiple email accounts was the main thing, as well as having all social and business platforms easy to "shift" between.
ProsI think it is easy to set up, use and implement into your daily routine. I am in and out of multiple accounts, programs and emails all day and it makes that integration seamless.
ConsIt could use some more integrations and also it is frustrating you have to sign up for a whole year and cannot do monthly. But overall pretty solid product.
January 17, 2019
Mark H.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
December 31, 2018

“Discovered Amazing Way To Grow Shift”

OverallOverall I have nothing but good experiences with Shift. In the short time using it, there was an update already, which addressed the CPU hog I faced. So I am confident that the team is in it for the long run.
ProsAll in one. That is what comes to mind when I discovered Shift. I had some doubts at first but seeing the extensive list of applications that are accessible via one interface, made me try Shift. And in two days time most of the software I use and is available in Shift, is activated. Having one application open in stead of several is very convenient. New integrations being added is important, the team is working hard to add those. Very excited!
ConsCurrently I do experience a bit of a CPU hog. My computer is fairly new and it is not a huge issue. Nonetheless, there is room for improvement.
December 31, 2018
Cole G.
Director Of Strategic Partnerships & Key Accounts
Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees
February 12, 2019

“Great if you use Gmail for business”

ProsWhen I was using G-suite for everything, this was the greatest. Everything I needed at my fingertips all the time. It integrated all the G-suite apps, as well as many of the other apps I was using, under one roof.
ConsNow that I work at a larger company, with MS Exchange email, the app doesn't work as well for me. I use it on my home PC for gmail access. But not on my work PC
Patrick H.
Senior Developer
11-50 employees
January 9, 2018

“My favorite E-Mail Client for Google Accounts”

ProsIt's super fast to find content from multiple accounts via the unified search interface. The integration of Google Drive and Calendar makes switching between different services a breeze.
ConsIt would be nice if the additional "integrations" such as Jira would be deeper integrated - e.g. instead of being just an embedded website, it would be great to have a nice interface which utilizes the services api to perform calls.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Almost perfect”

ProsIt is a great experience to use a dedicated app for Gmail and Google Calendar. My company supports employees to purchase Shift.
ConsShift refuses me to log in to the account sometimes if the account is using Centrify. The only way to fix the issue that Shift Support told me is resetting all settings. It's highly stressful because every time I have to set up all my 3 accounts. Currently, I just add the same account one more time.
Jared C.
Lead Visual/UI Designer
Computer Software, Unspecified
December 12, 2017

“Shift has made managing my email a lot easier.”

OverallIt streamlines the process of email management.
ProsI enjoy having a centrally located place for my individual email accounts on my desktop. I also like the ability to add extensions and apps. Customer support is very willing to help too!
ConsI get multiple notifications for the same calendar event (bug?) and it's not clear how to solve this issue. I also receive no notifications for other apps I use.
Zachary S.
AWS IT Specialist
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 12, 2019

“What I've Been Looking For!”

OverallOverall it has made things much easier to manage.
ProsI love that you get the feel of Gmail with a bit more customization. I have multiple email accounts for personal and work and it just makes it so much easier to manage. No more logging in and out or having multiple windows open. Everything is just in one eas to access place.
ConsI wish when I was trying it out it didn't have the Shift signature. Since I was trying it out with my work accounts I was afraid people would see it as unprofessional.
Namika H.
Designer
January 22, 2018

ProsI have a lot of Google accounts, so this product made me switching my accounts easier. I like what it can change an icon for each account. Having several accounts made me confuse, so this feature helped me.
ConsSometimes my accounts disappear from my settings suddenly. They have a lot of apps. If they integrate a bunch of apps, it will be as a browser.
January 22, 2018
William W.
Lead Pastor
December 13, 2017

“Shift has streamlined my work.”

OverallThe central location of all features makes it easy to work with great efficiency and speed.
ProsI love that you can access email, calendar and google drive from one screen. I also love that I can have multiple accounts active at the same time.
ConsAlthough I think the program is great, it's still a little pricey. I wish there was non profit company pricing available.
Josh L.
VP
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“great for entrepreneurs”

OverallOverall we're very happy with Shift and I can't see myself not using it. It's a simple but effective tool to consolidate your desktop and make you extremely focused on the important things.
ProsLove the idea of Shift and keeping every single email account along with other software at your fingertips. We love not having to go back and forth between tabs to look at different email accounts. Everything including all your fav extensions are right there in one place. It's great.
ConsThe team at Shift feels slow to fix certain bugs when they update versions. Typically when they put out a new version, something will not be caught up and you'll have to wait for a glitch to be fixed. It's great when everything works, but if extensions and plugins aren't keeping up then it stalls everything.
Judah K.
Business Owner
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
March 30, 2019

“Always needing to log in, update, or re-install”

OverallFix those cons and you have a great product. Otherwise, you have built an annoyance.
Pros- Handle multiple gmail accounts - Handle multiple google drive account - Use multiple different addons With multiple clients wanting me to log into their google drive accounts and e-mails to do internal work, this is fantastic and I haven't found anything that will allow me to move from account to account and do work within their google drive smoothly like Shift.
ConsI am ALWAYS having to log back into my accounts. Whenever something wrong happens, their solution is to restart the software... which has me log back into EVERYTHING as well. I use LastPass for my accounts, and they are continually uninstalling LastPass from my app and having me reinstall it and log back in. It gets very tedious and annoying. I spoke to some colleagues about how the like shift, and without prompting they all said the exact same thing.
March 30, 2019
Internet, Unspecified
December 21, 2017

“Shift makes using multiple GMail accounts a snap while staying focused on other work when necessary”

OverallFocus and simplification of my desktop
ProsEase of setup, ease of use and a growing set of apps and focus on the app as simply email allows for focus of other work elsewhere on my desktop.
ConsNot a fully working set of features that you find in the browser version. Getting better with each update but needs to happen faster.
December 21, 2017
Claire B.
Producer
January 11, 2018

“Shift has been a game-changer in my productivity. ”

ProsI love not having to constantly switch screens and having everything in one place. The layout makes this clean too.
ConsIt could incorporate more apps and Drive sync could be more seamless. That said, I think it's cost is pretty steep. I don't know if I'll keep it after this year for that cost.
January 11, 2018
Hannah W.
Chief Creative Officer
December 19, 2017

“Super convenient and easy to use!”

ProsShift is a genius idea! I love being able to access multiple google drives/emails so conveniently. It is a breeze to have everything in one spot.
ConsI'd love to access all of the amazon features for free, but it's absolutely worth every penny! I totally recommend to anyone that uses multiple accounts daily.
December 19, 2017
Events Services, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Great tool to manage multiple gmail accounts w/out using separate browsers or incognito tabs.”

ProsIntegration w/ calendar and drive and the new 'apps' option. The ability to support gmail shortcuts is a huge plus.
ConsThe update / upgrade process needs some work. I've had to remove the personal data and download the latest version as the helper / update process doesn't work as expected.
Mike S.
Ops Mgr
January 9, 2018

“Excellent overall except when using only one gmail account for many, multiple, repetitive things...”

Overallsee Pros...
ProsAbility to quickly check all the gmail, calendars and drives of my google accounts easily...; Ability to quickly switch between all the gmail, calendars and drives of my google accounts easily...; Ability to quickly compare all the gmail, calendars and drives of my google accounts easily...
Cons... when doing many activities in parallel, extra clicks start to cost time & overall Shift System slows down some dealing w/ multiple activities at the same time; which is what you would expect. Luckily, since Shift changes nothing "Google", you can then go back directly to the pure Google World for these instances....
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 14, 2019

“Wish you could try the full version”

OverallIt's good but I likely wont continue using it... If there were cheaper option or a free option I may give it more of a shot.
ProsI like the options and how integrative it is (or at least could be if you decide to pay for it)
ConsI didn't like that the advertisement shows you the full version, you then have to download it to try it and only then does it tell you about half of their features you have to pay for.
January 14, 2019
Michael D.
Conference Executive Minister
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
January 12, 2018

“Organizes multiple web-based software apps/services in one location.”

OverallImproved, simplified, work-flow. Can move from gmail, to MailChimp, to slack, and back from one screen.
ProsI like that it puts all of my most-used apps (Google apps, Evernote, MailChimp, slack) into one dashboard. That makes it simple to switch apps as I work. I also LOVE being able to mute my notifications! This allows me to have my notifications on, but temporarily turn them off when I need to focus.
ConsThere is sometimes a lag between when I get an email notification and when it appears in my inbox. This is frustrating if it is an email I need to read. I sometimes revert back to Gmail when this happens.
Laman M.
Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“All your accounts in one place ”

ProsThis is the best tool for combining all of your inboxes in one place. You can install it on your pc and you can see all of your inboxes in a compact view and answer them from one place. The installation is easy and you do not need to switch between apps to check your inboxes. You can also directly respond from the application to you messages.
ConsIf you want to use the free version it will have a signature in all your emails that you are sending from this application and it is not professional. You need to pay for not having ads on the emails.
paul l.

“Nice gmail utility”

ProsIt's a good utility application that helps to manage multiple google accounts in one, easy-to-use interface.
ConsIt doesn't have support for most of the Chrome extensions that I rely on, such as MixMax or Rapportive.
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
January 9, 2018

“Great concept but has a few bugs still”

OverallMy workflow is much improved as I can quickly monitor all my accounts at once.
ProsThe ability to easily review all of my gmail and office365 accounts quickly is a huge time saver. No other software lets me easily see at a glance if I have unread emails or not for the 10 different accounts I maintain.
ConsSometimes the calendar 'tab' doesn't load due to the network connection not being available right away, and I miss calendar reminders because the tab didn't open, and I didn't know the tab didn't open. Sometimes clicking on links in the emails are very slow to open.
David M.
Designer
December 12, 2017

“Shift is great. Great product that does what it says well.”

OverallI love the app.
ProsI love how easy it is to switch between my various email accounts, while allowing me to customize each one. Perfect.
ConsThe only thing I've had an issue with is occasional crashing. Not a deal-breaker, though.