VideoPsalm Ratings

Overall

About VideoPsalm

Free worship presentation software compatible with PowerPoint, EasyWorship, OpenSong, OpenLP, and several other solutions. Learn more about VideoPsalm

Victor O.
Church Volunteer
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2018

“ LOOK NO FURTHER... REALLY !”

OverallWe also use this in home groups and outreach ministries where a hefty desktop is not available. Some our our students use this program for their school presentations.
ProsI have tried a lot of free "worship presentation" software and this is the best so far. We have been using this since ver 1.13 (2013). Ver 1.22 is very stable. From time to time I check my other "contender presentation software" to see if they have become better than VideoPsalm but they have NOT. I can still use the program even with a 2014 IBM T500 C2D laptop - I turn off lyrics shading and use smaller video files (convert HD files to 720p with lower scan rates). On our main desktop (gaming class), I can use all the features and larger video files. The ability setup a presentation at home, save it in a USB drive then run it in the church computer is my favorite feature. You can also operate the program with a presentation remote control clicker.
ConsLooking forward to the next version with a confidence monitor / stage output feature.
September 27, 2018
Duane P.
Audio/video Volunteer
May 17, 2018

“Our church loves VideoPsalm. It satisfies all our presentation requirements. And it is free!”

ProsOur small church (100 members) has been using VideoPsalm for two years, starting with V1.16. Previously used PowerPoint. We wanted software for easy access to songs and Bible translations for worship and sermon support. Bulletproof text over video sold us over the buggy also-rans out there. Its a feature rich offering that will satisfy most congregational needs.
ConsEvery time I think I've discovered a flaw, there is an option setting that corrects the issue. Be aware that because of the handling of video, you'll need at least a moderately powered computer. Beware of older machines. Use a modern i3 or i5 computer with at least 4G memory.
May 17, 2018
Mike B.
Manager, System Analysts
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
January 26, 2019

“So many features for so little cost! Can't beat it.”

ProsVideoPsalm is an awesome piece of software. As a fledgling church, we were looking for presentation software that was free since we had no budget. I tried a few different ones but ended up with VideoPsalm. There is a learning curve to get started but once you get the hang of it, it's incredibly easy to use. I can't think of a feature I've needed that it couldn't do. Video background, song imports, multiple import formats (PPT, PDF, etc), and more. Support is also great. I've emailed the author a few times and always get a prompt response. If you're looking for church presentation software, even if you have a huge budget, check out VideoPsalm and you'll love it.
ConsSome quirkiness in the UI that you have to learn but only minor things. Once you get the hang of it, they don't even matter.
January 26, 2019
May 4, 2018

“Excellent software with lots of songbooks and bibles available.”

ProsThe importing of songs from other software formats, but especially from txt files is as easy as clicking a button. Lots of customising options (color, text, size, background etc.). THe best is the ability to add a mp3 file to a song. Useful for a small chrurch where there is limited music insturments/players available.
ConsSome minor functionalities lacking like superscripting bible verse numbers and loosing focus of the mouse when clicking outside of the main program window.
May 4, 2018
Roger R.
Preacher
June 7, 2018

“Video Psalm is an excellent software for the presentation of slides in the church.”

Pros-It is very easy to use. - Provides endless possibilities for the creation of our slides with respect to font color, font type, font size, backgrounds, effects, transitions among others. - You can add different versions and translations of the Bible. -You can insert different types of multimedia material to presentations such as songs, videos, gif images, among others. -You can work on a project or slide while another image is displayed on the screen.
Cons- It has very few aspects to improve. It could be said that the program works better with a fairly fast computer so that the videos and the entire presentation can be displayed without inconveniences.
June 7, 2018
June F.
Church worker
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2019

“The best church software so far!!! ”

OverallThis is simply an amazing software and best of all it's free. :-)
ProsIt's very easy to learn and use and has all the important features that we need in a church software. I love the bilingual option to display Bible verses and that the Bibles are for free. It even has great features that I never thought would be helpful during a worship service. Adding files are a breeze and it's amazing that it can easily sync your work from one computer to another. The multi media team enjoy using it.
ConsI was recently reviewing other church software but so far none can compare to this one. I have no negative thing to say about this software so far.
January 15, 2019
Government Administration, Unspecified
May 11, 2018

“The best worship presentation software that I've used to date!”

ProsI highly recommend this as worship presentation software. It makes transitions between music slides and audio/visual easy.
ConsI only wish that I could have found out about this presentation software sooner! It meets nearly all of my church's needs.
May 11, 2018