PowerVista RollCall Ratings

Overall

About PowerVista RollCall

Specifically built for Vocational, Professional, Training, Apprenticeship and all adult-focused education organizations. It is easy to install, learn and maintain. RollCall is a total school administration supporting your unique needs with user-defined data and built-in report/forms writers. Single user and Server/Web/Cloud installations available. One flat price makes budgeting easy. Purchase includes initial data conversion, 6 months of unlimited support/on-line training and product upgrades. Learn more about PowerVista RollCall

ana p.
Academic Director
June 30, 2009

“RollCall is the best investment we have made in technology in the last few years. ”

OverallRollCall is the best investment we have made in technology in the last few years. It can improve the quality of your database significantly by concentrating all the information here. It can improve your customer service because, having all the information easily available and current, you can answer questions and solve issues with your students and instructors very quickly. It can add to your marketing effort because you can use it as a "CRM" and can follow up on all leads, never missing anything.
Pros-We ve replaced all our excel worksheets and paperwork with this software. It is capable of maintaining an updated database for students, instructors, classes and programs. -Additionally, one of the best features is the contacts database, which, in our case, is used as a CRM to follow up on potential customers. Very useful, it hast replaced the use of outlook and calendars. -The information from reports can be used for marketing research. We also export all the data to excel sheets to do additional filtering we can t manage with RC yet. -Great customer support, available through email and skype. -Customer support is always finding alternative ways to solve issues, and helping along the way. -Easy to install, constant updating and improving. -Even without customization, we could adapt our processes to the software and make good use of most of its features. -Very good price-value ratio.
Cons-The manuals were not too user-friendly and it took some time to learn how to use the software. We are currently developing our own manuals based on our own processes. But once learned, it is very easy to use. -Because of the different uses made by different customers, some of the updates made to the software create problems for us. But customer support works on them and gets them fixed almost immediately. -We ve had some problems with emailing from the software. But we are working on them. -The designing of new reports has been hard, we have not managed it yet, except for a couple of basics. We will be working on that next.
June 30, 2009
David S.
Director, Data Analytics
Education Management, 51-200 employees
February 19, 2018

“This is a great Student Data Base Program Software”

OverallEase of Information access.
ProsThe organization of the Data information along with the number of reports that are available. The Customer Service is Awesome, ease of contact and knowledge of Software.
ConsThe User Manual needs to updated and should be made for an end user not a computer technician. The Default Names on Headings need to be user changeable.
February 19, 2018
Jay E.
Admin. Assistant to the Associate Dean
December 13, 2010

“No job too big or too small!”

OverallI have been using RollCall for three months. I am new to higher education administration and to RollCall. But thus far, this tool promises to make my job and development much, much easier. I'll post another review later on when I have more experience.
ProsEasy to use interface with intuitive controls and functions. Flexibility to customize the wide range of features for specific application or special reporting needs. Our college is only using a fraction of this software's capabilities, but RollCall's designers have made it function just as well for limited use as with extensive use, leaving room to grow as our program grows. Software support has been attentive and effective.
ConsI would love to attend a week-long seminar on using RollCall to its fullest extent. I want to learn more and become an expert on this excellent tool! As far as I am aware, there are no classes available for users short of the online tutorials, which can be very generic and not address specific issues. Thank goodness for courteous and helpful support people!
December 13, 2010
Darlene T.
IT Administrator/Project Manager
August 10, 2017

“Our requirements are very unique, but with help and some custom work, the software will work well!”

ProsThis is much more versatile and robust than our previous system. It allows for growth in the school along with customization as required.
ConsSome of the elements were not flexible due to the off the shelf nature. However, support always figured out a way for us to accomplish our goals in a different way.
August 10, 2017
Sviatlana S.
Registrar
December 5, 2011

“A program that will make you feel at ease”

OverallFrom the very first day I started to work in a position of the Registrar, I had to acquaint myself with RollCall software. I was really surprised that my training took just 30 minutes, so easy and friendly the program was and still is. Having compared RollCall with some other similar products, I would definitely recommend it as the best among them all. I am glad that our University keeps using RollCall. Mrs. Vongries is always very helpful. From time to time I can be stuck with some minor issues, but she is always there to help me out. I recommend this program without any hesitation!
Pros1) user-friendly interface 2) easy to use even for an inexperienced user 3) all basic features that a school/university needs to keep the records, grades, etc. 4) a detailed manual 5) customer support is one of the best things that come with this program: very helpful and ready to assist at any time
Cons1) we would like to have the option to generate the transcripts in doc format as well
December 5, 2011
Amy B.
August 26, 2010

“This is a GREAT product!”

OverallI would recommendation this product. I was hesitant to purchase new software, the the customer support made the process much easier than anticipated!
ProsWe are a small, non-traditional school and this product has worked very well for us. We have implemented most of the standard features and modified features as needed. The support of this product is outstanding!! I have always received prompt answers to my questions and excellent suppport from the programmers. I would defintely recommend this product.
ConsAs I mentioned, we are a non-traditional school, so we had to make some modifications to make this product work for us. They were not difficulty changes and the customer service was great throughout the process.
August 26, 2010
Lee C.
Registrar/Bursar
September 17, 2008

“Customer support is so important, and this is the best I've ever worked with.”

OverallCustomer support is so important, and this is the best I've ever worked with - and that is saying A LOT. Response is phenominal, fixes are immediate, and they are responsive to requests for different features, which they implement quickly. As I learn the position and what I need, I make a request and it's made available to me if at all possible. My first registration was quick and painless, and I just ran my first report cards - a couple of button clicks and I just sat back and let them print! Thanks Lynne and PowerVista RollCall for all you do.
ProsFairly intuitive, even for one new to the registrar processes Support always available and response is immediate Simple and straight forward to use, but with all the features I need Suggestions/requests/improvements are always welcome and acted on Registration is a snap!!!
Consnone found
September 17, 2008
Will E.
Managing Director
October 26, 2015

“Very satisfied Rollcall user since 2009”

OverallOur massage school installed RollCall in2009. Powervista support was stellar with the initial database import, configuring it for our operations and helping us customize reports. We've used it for school operations since then. User support phone calls and emails were always returned quickly and problems were resolved. Powervista also made it easy for several transitions that we did to upgrade workstations and our local server. Additionally, our office and computer systems were destroyed by a fire in September 2015. We transitioned to a cloud server. Powervista got Rollcall running on this new architecture and imported our data backup in one-two days. We could not have recovered from this school IT disaster without this support. Immense thanks to Lynne and the Powervista team!
October 26, 2015
Bret S.
Vice President of Operations
September 5, 2014

“Covington Theological Seminary”

OverallRollCall has been very effective for us on an overall scale. I can't say enough good things about Lynne as she has been very supportive in our transition from an inhouse system to RollCall. We haven't had any trouble accessing the system from our server and everything that Lynne has told us in regards to accessibility has been spot on. There have been some kinks along the way, but Lynne has been available and apt to suit our needs. The only non positive comments I could make about the system is that it has been a little more complex than I had hoped, but we are a small Bible College with not a ton of needs. It's not that it's not adaptable, but that it did take us several months to make the transition. I'm the only tech savy person on our staff and I am not an advanced database operator.
September 5, 2014
Connie R.
February 2, 2010

“Roll Call is Awesome”

OverallHIGHLY recommended!!!
ProsWe have been using Roll Call for six months now and I am very pleased. We have been able to automate many tasks that took an employee about 2 hours per day. Now, it takes 15 minutes! We were able to work with Roll Call programmers to customize some critical features. How many companies are eager to work with you so their software can be specific to your own business? At a time when customer service is lacking in almost every vendor/business I work with, I am always grateful for the excellent service and assistance I receive from Roll Call.
ConsNone at this time.
February 2, 2010
Madeleine D.
Programs Coordinator
March 10, 2010

“Programs Coordinator”

OverallVery, very pleased.
ProsThis is an easily manipulative program once you get familiar with it. But the best part of my whole experience with the program is the technical support. Lynne Vongries has walked me through every process I need to know, and she has tailored all aspects to my needs. She goes above and beyond helping me whenever I call and puts me at total ease. She is always available and very, very pleasant. Lynne is one smart cookie.
ConsThere are no cons - if there were any cons, Lynne has shut them off for me!!
March 10, 2010
Marcelo D.
Student Service Coordinator / Administrator
December 2, 2011

“Implementing RollCall”

OverallI think the support is great but to improve and make it perfect you could do something like iLink or Go to Meeting. Then I can see how to do the things. Sometimes things that I need are simple but when the support come from an email it is not always simple.
Prostrack students, classes and all kind of reports in an easy way.
ConsSlow, GPA sometimes is incorrect.
December 2, 2011