Opsgenie Ratings

Overall

About Opsgenie

Opsgenie is a powerful alerting and on-call management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. With over 200 deep integrations and a highly flexible rules engine, Opsgenie centralizes alerts, notifies the right people reliably, and enables them to take rapid action. Opsgenie tracks all activity and provides actionable insights to improve productivity and drive continuous operational efficiencies. Learn more about Opsgenie

Darren D.
Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2018

“Ops Genie - a new way forward”

OverallWe needed a more suitable monitoring alerting platform to help us grow and make use of systems outside of our infrastructure. Ultimately, Ops Genie has helped us do that. We can now plug services like AWS and Jira into our monitoring without having to force Nagios checks to do the work that has mostly already been done elsewhere. It's provided us more accurate and reliable alerting and reduced the effects of duplicate alerts coming through whilst an incident is being investigated. We hope to make further gains using additional features we haven;'t touched upon yet in the Ops Genie ecosystem
ProsWe had previously been using a Nagios + SMS provider solution, which had served us well as a small company. However as we have grown, we have found that SMS just wasn't a reliable enough solution. We looked around at various alerting providers, and found Ops Genie to be the closest match to what we were looking for. It's given us the ability to test out new notifications before enabling them for our on-call schedules, Re-arrange on call as we see fit without having to fiddle with Nagios configs, utilise integrations to alleviate the sometimes difficult task of adding checks into Nagios from other systems and gain a better insight into our alerts while reducing the all too common "alert fatigue". It gives the ability to create much more complex workflows and setups that previously weren't possible.
ConsAs is often the case with software that provides a wealth of options, getting started was quite complex, particularly around scheduling on call patterns. I think larger organisations may not have this problem, but we wanted to do some rather custom set ups. Fortunately, the support from Ops Genie is frankly brilliant, and they walked us through everything we needed to do. Should there still be difficulties, they can enact the changes you're looking for and guide you through what was done.
Allison G.
Security Analyst
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2018

“A Highly Capable Incident Management Platform”

OverallWe need an application that works hand-in-hand with our SIEM, Splunk, and OpsGenie does just that. As events filter into Splunk's incident management platform, our analysts are alerted through OpsGenie (via a webhook integration). Analysts can then acknowledge and manage alerts. We also use OpsGenie as a tool for documentation, although this may be a somewhat unconventional use case. Analysts can search back through past incidents, using them as a reference. This is a highly valuable tool to us and we look forward to future improvements.
ProsWe love the scheduling feature, which keeps all of our security analysts on track with their shifts. The mobile application is also very useful, as it allows analysts to manage their schedules and keep track of alerts while on the go. There are a plethora of applications that OpsGenie integrates with, such as Slack and AWS. The ability to integrate other applications with OpsGenie is important to us, as our services to our clients depend on it.
ConsSometimes new features are slow to be implemented, even if they are minor. For example, we have requested some minor features such as a dark mode and the ability to expand the text entry box, but these features have yet to be seen. Sometimes the search function can be difficult to use, as it requires a specific syntax that doesn't always function as expected.
William N.
Sr Developer
Financial Services, 51-200 employees

“Good, almost great”

OverallReliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.
ProsThe scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.
ConsThe new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST. Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.
Rick R.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 24, 2019

“Perfect for Managing On-call Teams”

ProsSoftware was easy to initially configure and get setup. Adding users was quick, both through the website and in the mobile app. Linking OpsGenie to our monitoring applications went smoothly. It allowed for multiple layers of logic to be incorporated. This helped implement escalations that were consistent in their performance. After using it for a month or so, we were able to go in and tweak that logic to make them even better. From an on-call technicians perspective, the software is easy to use. They know when they are on-call and are able to set their own notifications and escalations. Also, they can work with other techs to cover for each other and the app will let them set the time for the switch so the system notifies appropriately.
ConsThe rule creation can sometimes be complex and requires a more advanced user to accomplish.
March 24, 2019
Gurpreet V.
Head of OpsCentre Support
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
July 31, 2018

“Great product, highly recommended!”

OverallCustomer services and our account manager have been excellent. I put in a recommendation for a feature and it had been implemented within a month. I also received personal communication to let me know that my feature was being implemented! For me, that's amazing customer engagement!
ProsI like the user-friendly interface and how easy it is to integrate with other applications. The search functionality in the Alerts section is super flexible and easy to use. I have found it very easy to manage and schedule my 8-person team to work 24/7 on complex shift patterns and have call forwarding setup to call desk, work mobile and then personal mobile phones. Ive been very impressed with the capabilities of the Incident Command Center for major incident orchestration. The mobile app is also easy to use and well thought out.
ConsI haven't anything so far that I dislike.
Andianne F.
CTO
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
December 19, 2017

“I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels”

OverallFast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!
ProsIt has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!
ConsThe search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
August 8, 2018

“Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting”

OverallWe've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.
ProsIt's easy to use, with integrations for all of our monitoring and messaging apps. The reporting around alert activity and agent performance is excellent. The team organization gives us great flexibility in how we set up our oncall and alert schedules.
ConsSome of the scheduling around teams can be counterintuitive. If you're not doing it all of the time, it can take a little hunting around to get the setup you want
August 8, 2018
Matt J.
DevOps Evangelist
December 30, 2017

“We looked at the rest, we took OpsGenie!”

ProsOpsGenie provides a service similar to the other On Call distribution tools, but we decided on OpsGenie due to their competitive cost, and a sense that they would respond to our feature requests, and our many demands! We wanted all of our developers to be on call, not just our ops team, so we quickly found other solutions were priced out of our range. OpsGenie price was fair, and allowed us to spread responsibility to all of the people in our organization that deserve a 2AM wake up call. Also, they have proven to be responsive to our requests.
ConsThe UI has so many options, that it can be a little hard to find exactly what you need if you aren't familiar with it. But it doesn't take long to figure our where things are.
December 30, 2017
Music, 201-500 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 24, 2019

“Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team”

OverallSo far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected. I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.
ProsFor years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed. While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything. The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers
ConsIt's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear
April 24, 2019
Fernando S.
Director of Infrastructure
Internet, 11-50 employees

“A most have”

OverallI've been a loyal customer of OpsGenie for almost three years now and I like to product so much that I wrote an integration with spring-boot-admin a year ago that now is used by many others. really great product
ProsI like the easy of use and most of all It never fails to deliver a message, Great UX and full of features
ConsI would like to have notification rules for how and when to receive some sort of events right now there is only one way of doing this but, that is something that would be ok to have but I'm very happy with the product
Phil A.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Publishing, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2018

“OpsGenie is a no-brainer”

OverallWe use OpsGenie to collect messages from multiple endpoints and manage rules for alerting. Basically our pager duty. Also use the Heartbeats feature for missed execution monitoring.
ProsThe pricing came in below Pagerduty by quite a bit and the features were much more plentiful. Really like the Heartbeats feature.
ConsI really don't have anything negative to say. It's been an excellent experience with the product since day 1. Any (minor) troubles I've had turned out to be something I was doing wrong.
August 2, 2018
Abhishek B.
Associate Manager
December 19, 2017

“Ops genie helps you connect with the group of people with ease”

Overallcalling a group of people in their hierarchy in one call instead calling them one by one
ProsThe auto redirect of the call to the different resources as aligned and reaching out to individuals as hierarchy is what I like most. this helps with greater ease to the caller by avoiding dialing different number and instead its one call goes to one after other if the first person does not respond.
ConsI have not encountered anything which will say it as least but yes if we may have a betterment in having options to identify whom the call is going to next then it will enhance this tool's visibility to a more higher level
Juan Carlos C.
VP of Engineering
Internet, 501-1000 employees
July 31, 2018

“Incident response and monitoring”

OverallOverall my experience has been very good. We use OpsGenie all the time, and it's a critical part of our monitoring stack.
ProsOpsGenie is very flexible, and relatively simple to setup. You can get up and running in just a few minutes, or you can spend days customizing the setup to match your teams/policies/services. Their customer support is really helpful and will help you get set up quickly. They are constantly releasing useful features (e.g. post-mortem analysis, video conference, etc).
ConsThe onboarding process and best practices are not obvious and require some tinkering to figure out (e.g. best way to structure teams, alerts/incident templates, etc.). A guided onboarding and a best practices document would be really helpful for first timers.
Xavier T.
IT Operations Systems Engineer
Furniture, 10,001+ employees
July 31, 2018

“Switched from xMatters and not looking back! ”

OverallInitial setup was a bit scary as I brought this in to replace xMatters at our company. I was being looked at heavily and I wanted to hit the mark, so the little issues seemed bigger to me. Within a few weeks not only did we conquer some of those setup issues but tweaked this tool to not just replace but give me and my company a lot more power, control, ease of use, etc than we ever had before while handling escalations, notifications to stakeholders, etc.
ProsEase of use is the number one item. Some items during the initial setup can be rough or make it look like a total bust, however the engineers/developers here at OpsGenie will get through those and then it's been nothing but smooth sailing since. Started with wanting just a few feature improvements but ended up getting the full build we wanted in a perfect world.
ConsInitial setup was not very smooth, due to issues on both parties systems. I also do not really like the limits of how much you can do from your phone as an admin/manager, however they have a new phone application coming out very soon I've heard that remedies most of the limitations (until I see this myself, it's a con but soon to be another pro).
201-500 employees
January 9, 2018

“I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.”

ProsI really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.
ConsI don't actually do the alert configuration myself, but there seems to be a lot of required information to manage new types of alerts. Possibly too flexible, meaning not enough structure to build functionality easily and quickly.
January 9, 2018
Bharath N.
Consultant
Computer Software, Unspecified
January 8, 2018

“its a nice a tools which can be configured as per your requirement and needs”

Overallstay up to date with the infra issues
Pros--easy to configure or customise notification as per your requirement --The GUI is very simple and self explanatory
Conswhen we change the mobile frequently then all the previously used mobile pile up in the configurations which causes issue later (I was not able to get the alerts since it was sending the alerts to the old mobile )...I had to delete the old mobiles from the web console to fix the issue
Prabhudatsinh R.
Monitoring Devloper
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
August 1, 2018

“One stop solution”

OverallOverall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.
ProsOpsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable
ConsThere are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.
August 1, 2018
Adam K.
Network Engineer
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2018

“OpsGenie is more like an Ops Miracle Worker”

OverallOur issue was reliably alerting our staff of equipment warnings and outages. OpsGenie gives us the ability to not only send notifications, but see who received them, who responded, and escalate based on a number of factors to make sure that someone, somewhere is getting the alerts.
ProsThe ability to customize how events are handled is amazing. For example, our Nagios instance sends alerts to OpsGenie, but depending on host name or group that it is in, we can have staff get a phone call in addition to app notification for critical things.
ConsHonestly we haven't really hit anything that we didn't like. We ran into a hiccup with a bug in the Nagios integration but the OpsGenie support staff were very helpful and quick at fixing the bug.
Jeremy P.
Data Center IT Systems Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“OpsGenie Usage”

OverallPreviously we were using an alarming system that had SMS functionality built in via email to vtext. This provided the basic notification level. Leveraging OpsGenie to assign teams and groups and on call schedules and escalation paths took this to another level.
ProsThe ability to scale out teams and provide correct alarming after hours to the on call tech.
ConsIf anything I wish to have a one on one support personal following up with troubles. I am the one pushing for a fix to a current trouble if someone was assigned to my problem and they provided feedback that would help.
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
December 19, 2017

“After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall”

OverallWe went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.
ProsFrankly, most of the products in this category do basically the same thing. OpsGenie's advantage is the cost, especially when you look at the co-marketing being done. OpsGenie and Solarwinds working together to replace Alert Central is a great example.
ConsThe filtering can be a little complicated, but that is to be expected. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.
Andris U.
Head of Networks
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

“Great product”

OverallWith a help of OpsGenie, we massively improved our response time and it helped to meet SLA agreements with ustomers.
ProsOpsGenie allows you multiple integrations. We are using Zabbix integration and it works perfect for us.
ConsAt the first point, it is a bit tricky to understand on-call schedules but that was couple of years ago and they done a lot of improvments.
Nambirajan R.
Sr DBA
December 29, 2017

“Good, flexible easy to use, easy to learn, can be more flexible”

OverallOncall setup & management become easier
ProsGood, easy to use, easy to learn. Excellent menu options. Time zone can be selected for roster. As users & teams are different, an user can be setup in multiple teams
ConsUnable to roster when multiple teams work in multiple time zone teams and similarly unable to setup manager and escalations
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
December 19, 2017

“I use a daily to notify issues about my apps and works like a charm”

Overall1. easier to settings 2. availability (uptime) 3. the message of alert contains great elements
Pros1. is very simple to setting teams, escalations and source notifications 2. reports is easier to use 3. integratetions
Cons1. the on call schedule isn´t easy in your first visit. 2. integrations with another apps need more docs o information
Mariano K.
Project Leader
December 19, 2017

“Great alert system, web, android app & operations”

ProsIt is a very solid infrastructure, not only the web app and the android app but the the phone call system, the sms and the mail services. The groups and users admin is great! and all the scheduling is workings as you expect.
ConsWhenever you change your escalation group you have to reorder it. The new UI is not as intuitive as the classic.
Evgeny Y.
Senior Production Operations Engineer
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2018

“My experience with OpsGenie”

OverallThe only problem we are solving with OpsGenie is reliable delivery of all alerts to our support team. This problem may sound 'easy to do' but in reality is quite complex and OpsGenie delivers perfectly well on this.
Pros1. It works. 2. It works well. 3. Very friendly interface at both desktop and mobile versions. 4. Outstanding flexibility in configuration. 5. API is well documented and easy to use.
ConsNot really a problem but I could not find how to list all 'tags' ever used by me/my colleagues.
RoophaShree K.
Associate Consultant
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2018

“This tool is really very helpful and easy to use. ”

OverallFrom this software we are able to monitor all the below threshold level values and alerts get triggered automatically.
ProsThis software can be used by anyone and it is very easy to use. The alerts that get triggered are all genuine alerts and for the alerts which are critical, the incidents get automatically created.
ConsOnce we open any alert somewhere in between and again go back to open next alert it shows from the beginning wherein we have to again scroll down to search for the same alert.
February 12, 2018
Constanza U.
Front End Engineer
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
August 8, 2019

“Great incident management software”

ProsI like that Opsgenie has a lot of customization for the alerts of incidents. You can choose where to receive an alert (your phone, your email, as a text message, as an alert on the app) and also the time between one alert and another. I think this is very usefull because sometimes one alert is enough, but other times you need more than one. Another thing I like from opsgenie is that you can override schedules very easy, just clicking the name of the person you want to override and then you can override the full schedule or some hours if you want. I personally use override very often so I like that you can do it on the web or in the app, but I prefer the web for this.
ConsOne thing that I don't like is that on the iPhone app if you silence the phone the notifications doesn't sound. It would be great that Opsgenie has an option to sound alerts in silent mode. Because at night I want my phone to be silenced but opsgenie must sound!
August 8, 2019
Insurance, 201-500 employees
July 31, 2018

“Excellent choice for managing notifications, monitoring, and escalations”

OverallWe are using Ops Genie as the central point of management for application alerts, server monitoring, and website monitoring. It has allowed us to fine tune our policies to only send alerts that we deem as priority to the staff, and only within specific hours. In the beginning we were generating far too many notifications based on the activity of alerts created from our applications and monitoring. The best feature is that with Ops Genie, we can modify incoming alerts to mute them based on very specific criteria. This means no changes are required to the applications reporting the notifications, it can all be managed from a central location.
ProsExtremely easy to use. Configuration options are clear and simple to setup, but extremely powerful. We have setup a fairly complex set of policies and escalation schedules and it remains very simple to manage.
ConsSo far it has met all my needs, no cons.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“OpsGenie Review”

ProsI love the ease of use with the OpsGenie dahsboard, as well as being able to receive immediate notifications on my mobile phone.
ConsNo real dislikes -- the dashboard is a little overwhelming at first, but the feature set is great once you get used to the navigation.
Joaquín E.
Software Developer
Internet, Unspecified
February 21, 2018

“I love the mobile app”

OverallEasily be alerted from our apis errors
ProsI love the mobile app, it's really easy to use and you can change the sound of the alert. It help us really good for alerts
ConsIt would be great if you can customize more the alert notifications, For instance, change the sound if the alert is repeated
February 21, 2018
Doug W.
Database Administrator
December 29, 2017

“Reliable and easy to handle alerting”

OverallIf this is for OpsGenie then 10. I don't know what Capterra is.
ProsThe oncall schedule is perfect and easily allows you to add overrides for certain days/hours if you need someone to cover.
ConsThe message size limit can be a little annoying. Several of our alerts are a little long and get cutoff.
John G.
Sr. Systems Engineer
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2018

“Great tool for monitoring systems and escalations”

Overall It has proven to be useful many times. We also utilize the incoming call option, so people can call for live support and it will rotate through the agents to find someone who is available.
Pros It is a great tool because it allows you to escalate notifications so that if someone does not respond it will go to someone else. This allows for better support in an on call type of situation.
Cons I have not encountered any issues with the software. There is a slight learning curve to understand how everything works and how to configure it, but it was fairly straightforward. Their support is also very helpful if you run into any issues.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

“Persistent NOC Operator”

OverallIt's an excellent software. It does the job that it's supossed to, and keeps logs of all its actions.
Pros* Sometimes NOC operators hesitate to reach out to Sysadmins when an alert comes in the middle to the night, thus losing valuable time when an unidentified outage appears. OpsGenie does not hesitate, and if proper configured, it'll have a sysadmin looking into that alert faster than a NOC operator could.
Cons* Only sometimes, even when an alert has been closed, the software keeps calling you. I think software engineers have to work better with queues.
James S.
CTO & Co-founder
Computer Software, Unspecified
June 14, 2018

“Nice affordable alternative to Pagerduty”

OverallDistributed support management for our small team.
ProsThe economics of the platform fit our needs better than the alternatives. I like the ability to easily spread the responsibility of support across the team.
ConsThe complexity of the interface is the biggest weakness that this solution has. Sometimes it requires a long time user to use a support ticket to figure out how to do something simple.
June 14, 2018
201-500 employees
December 19, 2017

“Wouldn't want to run operations without it”

ProsInstant notification of issues and everyone in the team is aware when someone has acknowledge a task for investigation or completion
ConsSome of the UI elements are confusing or non-intuitive. For example if you have a list of items that you want to close individually, you need to swipe, but the prior item closing will reset your swipe which is pretty frustrating when you are reviewing many items.
Roger D.
Sr. Director of Development
Information Services, 11-50 employees

“Love the Heartbeats!”

OverallEasy to get up and running and support was helpful the 1 time I needed them.
ProsThe Heartbeat feature is extremely helpful with all of the websites and backend services my team manages. It took me from email alert, cron-job notification hell, to just knowing when there's a problem.
ConsSet up is slightly confusing. May just be because I don't have to set things up very often and forget :)
Jeff R.
Photographer
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2018

“Excellent product for a competitive price.”

OverallWe are a 24x7x365 provider of healthcare communications software and use OpsGenie to alert us to warnings or critical failures in our infrastructure. We are happy with the product and rely on it for a very critical part of our service.
ProsOpsGenie seems very intuitive and configuring integrations, and schedules is easy. Notifications work well and the app integrations such as Slack and the mobile application are very handy and increase productivity.
ConsSome of the mass-notification features are not easy to use and require a demonstration in order to leverage this feature.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
July 31, 2018

“Great Service for Operations Alerts”

ProsVast list of different integrations available to connect with current tools being used in your environment. Allows for extra logic to be placed after the alerts are created which provides flexibility in many areas.
ConsThe ease of getting your users configured and ready to receive alerts is a little tricky to wrap your head around at first. After that, its smooth sailing.
Shivashankar N.
Consultant(Contractor)
January 8, 2018

“Ops-Genie is a great tool ”

OverallEffective communication and timely information providing for critical issue resolution.
ProsHighly sensitive and express pace in communicating the person responsible for any issue. Features really takes you to the function in no time and effective in network for the operations and functions for critical incidents are addressed in a proper way.
ConsMay be you can simplify the login procedure both in the system and mobile. Reporting functions can be developed further and send out notifications on weekly/monthly basis, especially for MIM calls.
David B.
Devops Engineer
December 19, 2017

“Really great application. ”

OverallReal time Monitoring, increased reliability
ProsOG has a very large list of applications it can integrate with. It also has a really simple Python integration which makes it really simple to creat customized allerts.
aaron m.
Telecom Administrator
December 19, 2017

“A wonderful product with the most potential .”

ProsThe multitude of alerting methods. They have everything from app alerting to sms messages with IFTTT type functionality with other vendors making the setup process very easy
ConsHaving to configure every alert. There should be an easy button. There is a delicate process to setting up each alert, which allows for customization, but can be initially time consuming.
Andy C.
Manager of Production Engineering
Retail, 501-1000 employees

“Happy OpsGenie customer”

Pros* Very configurable * Many integrations * Logical structure * Highly available
ConsDifficult to get started, however, the the complexity pays off when trying to customize it.
Manny F.
Mgr of ERP Administration
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
July 31, 2018

“OpsGenie is the correct solution for us.”

OverallExcellent
ProsExceeds expectations. Is always available and performs the alerting needed.
ConsThe mobile app does not provide access to the same information as the browser inteface.
Yasen A.
App Support Developer
51-200 employees
January 2, 2018

“Really useful, reliable and easy to use service. ”

ProsI really like the common way the service works. You never miss an alert, because you get notified by any possible way. The option to work with GitHub is really useful to me and my team.
ConsThere's actually no such thing. One thing that i didn't like is that i have to login each time that i use the app on IOS (using iPhone 5s)
January 2, 2018
Internet, Unspecified
December 29, 2017

“It is easy to edit, user-friendly and has amazing features of syncing up with communication tools.”

ProsSync-Up feature with other tools like Slack/Hipchat. I am a daily user and the navigation and search options are pretty attractive.
ConsThe notes section can be made better, there is a notes button and then we see the notes. I think this can be improvised. Earlier, having used service-now, I am used to seeing notes in a better format.
Biswajit M.
Production Engineer
December 19, 2017

“Its easier to manage our alerts and makes our Oncall life much better.”

OverallIt helps us to manage our Oncall rotations and managing alerts in much easier way.
Prosi like the Opsgenie smartphone app. I personally use it on my iPhone. I like the options it has for all the alerts.
ConsMay be the notifications settings.Nowadays i can't use the 'ack all' and 'close all' option. Any reason why its disabled for me. Earlier it used to work for me.
Maxime P.
Level 2 technician
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Works just great”

Overallreliable live alerts for on call staff
ProsNever misses an alert and they are sent to mobile devices almost instantly. Also alerts customization is really flexible and user friendly.
Consnewer web interface (v2) somehow makes it more difficult to retrieve older alerts than the previous version. Also I've never been able to successfully use a saved filter.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 17, 2018

“It does what it should”

ProsWe use OpsGenie to Alert our OnCall Team. It offers different ways to be alerted.
ConsIt is a bit expensive. When we started using OpsGenie it was more affordable
September 17, 2018
Pui Yi W.
HRIS analyst
Human Resources, 10,001+ employees
August 3, 2018

“Ops Genie for production support.”

OverallOpsGenie removes the need for a real person to monitor things. It gives the user a way to submit or bypass jobs, if everything is setup correctly.
ProsIt can send notification in multiple methods - phone, email, text.
ConsThe phone notification is so hard to understand. You just know something abended and you need to go logon and check it out.
Anand K.
Intl prod support engineer
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees

“Review for Ops Genie”

OverallFantastic
ProsFunctionality is the main thing I like about this product. It is crystal clear and transparent.
ConsI can say none but for the sake of it I have missed a couple of push notifications from Ops Genie when my on-call was started. But a pro in the con too.... I never missed it for an configured alert!!