Argos Reporting Software Ratings

Overall

About Argos Reporting Software

For colleges & universities, Evisions Argos is a complete enterprise reporting solutions that fits all needs, from ad-hoc queries to more advanced analytics and dashboards - without requiring additional tools or a middle layer. The user-friendly interface and report designer, along with the fact that it's a full SQL tool supporting insert, update, and delete operations, enable Argos to deliver the insights needed to make timely, better-informed, data-driven decisions. Learn more about Argos Reporting Software

Gohreen A.
Application Analyst Specialist
Education Management, 10,001+ employees

“Powerful tool.”

OverallOne click reports for my department.
ProsI can have reports available for functional users of me department with one click. Different charts can be created. Olap cube is very helpful. We do our admission letters with this product. Recently created probation and warning letters.
ConsWhen our central IT has problem in nightly ODS update.
Greg K.
Application Developer and Maps/Argos System Admin
April 13, 2018

“Quick, powerful and intuitive software for database reports”

ProsUser interface is incredibly intuitive while also providing great power and flexibility. Even users with no SQL experience can create complex queries using the visual designer. For experienced SQL developers, the text editor is available. Outputs can be in the form of interactive dashboards with charts, graphs, indicators and multi column lists, or CSV files, xml data extracts, and PDF files. The clever application developer can even turn this reporting tool into a data input application for maintenance data in your database delivering a user-friendly front end for end users. One of the most outstanding features of Argos is the company behind it. Evisions is by far the best company to work with that a customer could ever find. Their tech support is exceptional: highly responsive, incredibly knowledgeable, never hesitating to offer a webex session and really dig in to find a solution. Software updates are very solid and dependable, saving us many hours of testing because of their track record of reliability.
ConsThe banded report editor is the weakest part of the software. It is the least intuitive and least flexible, only offering output in an often poorly rendered PDF file format. It lacks output options such as a Word file format, and forces you to construct your report output into bands of data, instead of a more flexible page layout format.
April 13, 2018

“Enables an easy end user view of the data in a format that is useful for day to day work.”

OverallThe end users can do their work by running their on-demand reports and not waiting for a technical person to do it. It is easy to add or rearrange data on reports. You can build unlimited reports to handle all the special requests for specific purposes knowing that the data is accurate.
ProsIt is fairly easy to convert an sql script to a pool of data where you can create reports of all types for the end user to run on demand. You can select variables to create the pool or you can filter within the reports to get only the data the end user should have. You like spreadsheets, it can do that. You need to fill in forms, it can do that.
ConsVariable functionality on some browsers. You can always get to where you want to be but sometimes you have to take detours with some versions of some browsers. sometimes it is a right click and other times you have to click on the tool button. Sometimes it doesn't show the whole list but you can type something in the search box and it will find it.
Anthony H.
Programmer
April 13, 2018

“I was using Argos for more than 10 years, I am happy with it, it is a good report tools”

OverallGood and easy to use
ProsArgos is very simple to use and easy to learn, it has very rich of features that meet the requirement of my school. I like the free type of SQL statement most, because I am a programmer and had very strong skill of SQL scripts, therefore I can just write up the requirement by SQL and then paste into the SQL free type screen. The result return from the report is exactly what I need. To develop a report a very easy, just a few click and it also has a lot of Graphic features available, that makes the report has with the highest vision effect. Argos has a very good customer support and it can solve my problem in a very quick time.
ConsMy school is still cannot use single sign on to the Argo server, it may be something missing from the set up in my school. It is not easy and clear to relate the items in the variables to the form design screen. When I use Argos to update Banner table, the DML set up is not clear, whenever user were in more than one groups, the lower privilege over written the highest one. We run Argos report in Oracle AppEx system, but whenever we change the Argos report, it is not simple, something like we need to re-compile the report and generate a new link.
Stephen F.
Programmer Analyst - Office of Information Technology
April 17, 2018

“Argos replaced Crystal for most our customers on campus. Evisions is an outstanding company.”

OverallArgos allows us to create reports from different databases on campus.
ProsThe customer service is the best in the business at Evisions. There are a ton of training videos that help in the transition and ongoing use. There a 2 options for creating data blocks with one being for visual users with drag and drop and the other being for more technical users with entering SQL. A lot of our previous Crystal reports could be transferred quickly to Argos with minimal additional work.
ConsAlthough most of our reports could be transferred quickly, some could not. This led to an entire department staying with Crystal. Their reports were too complicated to move in an efficient manner. There are some limitations to what you can do in the reports, but Evisions does listen to their customers, so updates are done frequently.
Amanda W.
Business Technology Applications Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
April 10, 2018

“Our institution switched to using Argos for reporting a few years ago and quickly embraced it”

OverallThe ability for our users to generate a large variety of reports or customize their reports from a large data block. This has helped cut back on the number of requests they send to our IT department for queries, reports, modifications, etc.
ProsArgos is exceptionally easy to use for creating both simple csv data extracts as well as more complex, structured reports with customization of formatting, images and more. Argos helps our institution by allowing users to be less dependent on IT to access their data and more efficient in how they use that data in their business processes.
ConsThe responsiveness of the banded report tool can be tricky when trying to develop reports. I've found that it tends to lock up or render slowly (sometimes the graphics flash/jump around on the page). When previewing reports sometimes the data rendered isn't right.
June 19, 2018

“A bit frustrating as a second-level user in an organization, but provides valuable information!”

OverallThis software provides real-time access to data and statistics and provides a lot of flexibility in reporting options, so that you can get the information in a format that works for your needs!
ProsI have use this software as a part of my Lead Support role at Lansing Community College. It is very handy to have access to information that pulled real-time from our college's student information system, and it has a LOT of flexibility in the way that you can set up and run reports to meet your statistical needs.
ConsI am a second-level user in the fact that I can run reports, but I do not have administrative access to the software. For me, it tends to get a bit frustrating when I want more advanced information and I have to get a response from elsewhere in the organization to create a report that fits my needs. I don't think this software is particularly intuitive either. I am really adept at learning software, so I caught on quickly, but I often find myself training other people in our office, especially at ways to manipulate the reports to generate the information that you want. It sometimes takes a few tries to find and generate things in a format that works well!
June 19, 2018
Bryan F.
Enterprise Data Analyst
April 10, 2018

“Argos is reliable, versatile, and capable of handling all of your reporting needs.”

OverallIt has greatly improved efficiency and accuracy in our reporting and error checking. We have also greatly increased our email communication through this software.
ProsI am a power user for Argos. I have used it in my position for higher education everyday for six years. The greatest portion of this product for me is the scheduler. I use it to send reports to email address, Box.com, and server locations. It is also used to send reports directly to the printer and to send mass emailed, individually tailored to each student or faculty member.
ConsI would say that what I like the least is the limitation factors of connecting to multiple data sources at one time. This can be done, but it does take much longer to process.
Nadeem H.
Business Lead
April 10, 2018

“Argos is an excellent tool. We are starting to implement this reporting tool.”

ProsI like the ease of use. A nontechnical user can go in and use a datablock and build reports and dashboards. Other institutions are able to share there schema and our report devolpers can easily configure and use this to build reports. The new graphics pie charts, bar charts, email bursts would be a useful feature for my institution. Evisions is investing time and effort for n making this tool better. I am excited to see the roadmap in the near future.
ConsWould like to start to see integration in Banner. I would like to see more canned reports I would like to see more BI to be on dashboard, There may be some available on the coop I would like to see feature like email, drill down options (may be delivered already) Customer support and training available on web Security based on banner roles or departments
Alejandro A.
Senior Programmer / Systems Analyst
April 13, 2018

“Excellent solution for all our reporting needs. Easy to use for developers and end users.”

OverallNo matter where our data source was, we were able to connect to it and create reports in Argos. This way we were able to centralize all reporting making Argos our reporting standard.
ProsOne of the biggest advantages of Argos is the ability to combine different data sources into a single report. This enable us to create reports that marries data from different sources like Oracle, SQL, mySQL, mariaDB etc.
ConsThere's not much to say about things I don't like too much about Argos. There's always room for improvement in all areas. Probably charting was the one where they were not making too much progress but the latest updates updated the charting in Argos and now it looks more modern.
Reginald L. B.
Program Coordinator
May 14, 2019

“Much better Since Update!”

OverallSo far I love this. I use it for find student emails, class scheduling, looking up GPA's, credit hour production , pretty much anything I need I can almost find it in Argos.
ProsOur university switched from Crystal reports over to Argos (evisions) and boy I am glad they did. Because Crystal Reports was a nightmare! When logged in our system gives us two versions to select from "Argos Web Viewer" or just "Argos". We have bee told to you "Argos" but I prefer the web viewer version. It is very user friendly and our school has entered descriptions of each tab so there's no confusion. What I like the most though is that when you print out reports on the last page it leaves a trail of how to you go the report. Sometimes getting to a specific page take 55 clicks, but with the trail it is much easier to get back to it. There is also a feature to save report pages you frequent the most.
ConsIt seems like every week we get a mass email that AROGS is down for repair or updating. It has become quite frequent to the point I try to utilize as much as I can when it is running to avoid it not working properly or being shut down for maintenance.
May 14, 2019
Mayna H.
Dir., Administrative Computing
April 13, 2018

“We have absolutely no regrets on switching to Argos. It is powerful, flexible, and easy to use.”

OverallFewer calls to IT for data; Happier end users.
ProsThe ease of use and the flexibility. We are able to provide our end users a "one-stop shop" for many of their data needs by pulling multiple facets of the data into one datablock that they can manipulate as they need. Not only that, but select end users can also build communications (email) and send adhoc or on a schedule without assistance from IT. Our users love it and we love it.
ConsNot being able to connect to more than one datasource in one datablock. This is not something we would need often, but occasionally the need does arise.
Chris C.
April 11, 2018

“One of the Best Tools we Use”

OverallWe are able to do a wide range of reporting--from day to day operational reports to analytical dashboards. It is easy to use and doesn't have a steep learning curve for our end users.
ProsIt's flexibility in reporting data from various data sources. It is very easy to develop and expose reporting to end-users, which frees up IT resources to work on other projects. The customer support is top-notch! Evisions listens to it's customers!
ConsI really don't have anything bad to say about this product. Evisions is one of the best companies I work with, and Argos is the one of the best tools in our arsenal!
Susan T.
Business and Technology Applications Analyst
April 16, 2018

“Very helpful - converted all of our reports”

OverallWe were able to convert reports from another software system and make them easier to use and maintain. Some functional users were made Datablock Designers and Report Writers and are able to write their own reports, thus reducing the workload on the ITS department.
ProsEasy to navigate, flexibility in design, great customer support. We were able to convert all of our reports from a more cumbersome software system.
ConsWish that report formulas accepted SQL operators IN and LIKE, instead of requiring nested IFs. Also would like more formatting options on extract (Excel-style) reports.
Benjamin A.
Data Architect
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 13, 2018

“Overall, Argos is a great reporting tool that is easily customizable and a breeze to develop in”

Pros*Ease of use *Security permissions are very clear and easy to maintain *You can develop charts and dashboards with a good SQL background *Through the use of filters, you can create generic reports that are usable for several different business groups
Cons*Charts and graphs can look a little dated, and the filtering logic is not inherent, as compared to Tableau or Qlik *If using a lot of filters, you must code the cascading filter logic yourself, which makes it a pain if you have changes later on (adding or subtracting filters)
Dierdre K.
Director, Advancement Systems
April 13, 2018

“Fantastic product. Makes our entire staff more efficient and happy with their jobs.”

OverallMore productive, happy staff. Huge ROI. Facilitates collaboration.
ProsThe tool is very flexible in responding to our greatest needs. We no longer need to train new staff members on our clunky database. Everyone pushes and pulls info into the database via Argos, including all gift officers. We have a 100% rate of use in our database among front-line staff members due to our use of Argos.
ConsYou need someone on staff to develop datablocks, so there is training involved. But this really isn't a negative...there's training involved in all jobs!
Wendy R.
Accountant III / Business Intelligence Analyst
April 17, 2018

“Overall Argos is a great reporting tool. It has many features to meet different needs.”

OverallBeing able to distribute to many users more user friendly reports, more flexibility in report distribution options and robust functionality.
ProsI love the easy bursting to send reports and the option to ftp the reports. The flexibility of the extract reports to format exactly how you need in different sections is great. I like being able to develop the SQL code into another tool and drop it into Argos to make it look pretty and add further functionality with the data sets. The library of objects saves a lot of time for elements that needs to be used in multiple dashboards. I love that they just keep making the product better all the time and are responsive to enhancement requests from users.
ConsI wish it had an output to Excel format where some formatting could be included. I'm also looking forward to them being compatible with SAML log in capability.
John T.
Application Analyst Prin
April 16, 2018

“Argos is a solid reporting tool with enterprise pricing. ”

ProsI enjoy the overall functionality offering. It provides not just CSV and banded reporting but the forms allow interactive functionality like drill downs and you can even building simple applications in Argos.
ConsThe visualizations are functional but dated looking and limited. Expanding the type of charts offered and options on them would go a long way towards modernizing it. I also dislike the lack of all colour in the interface, occasionally having some red for a delete or cancel icon would be nice.
Justin G.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
October 5, 2018

“Functionality over appearance”

ProsI love the ability to set folder shortcuts for daily reports. This if more efficient than navigating from the root folder each time you're trying to run a report. The search feature also helps save time when trying to find a less commonly used report.
ConsIn general, the UI isn't very attractive or clean looking. It definitely feels like a utilitarian report database. However, this shouldn't detract from the solid functionality of this software.
October 5, 2018
Kevin B.
financial aid loan processor and data analyst
April 13, 2018

“I use Argos to write reports and send email blasts”

Overallthe ability to use argos to transition our office to have more information in front of each counselor immediately has significantly reduced the time it takes to package.
ProsI like the versatility. There are several processes that this software has helped automate. I was able to grow with my SQL abilities to go from visual design to a free type user.
Cons"testing" is difficult. There is quite a few hoops to jump through to test it without it doing the real thing.
Lavasha S.
Senior Program Analyst
April 13, 2018

“I am still fairly new to Argos but so fair it is ease of use.”

ProsThe most impressive aspect of Argos is the turnaround of tech support. The submission to respond ratio is fairly high. Also, Argos is building an evolving platform that include new and exciting features and functions.
ConsI am still waiting on Argos to implement two-factor authentication. We place high emphasis on establishing a secure platform and the two-factor authentication will help in accomplishing that goal.
Deborah L.
Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Education Management, 201-500 employees
April 13, 2018

“We've had nothing but positive experiences with Argos. The support and training staff are great!”

OverallThe software definitely helped with data governance as well as the ability to share data with other departments on campus. The main feature that most departments are utilizing is the ability to send email blasts and to send scheduled reports.
ProsThe thing I like most about this product is it's flexibility. There are a lot of things you can do with Argos (email blasts, scheduled reports, dashboards, OLAP cubes, etc.). In addition, the customer support team is great. Compared to other reporting tools, Argos is definitely worth its value for money.
ConsOne thing that I would like to see is the ability to pull from multiple databases in one datablock. I would like to see a feature with mapping datapoints, but I could see how that might make the product more expensive.
Deirdre M.
HRIS Analyst
April 11, 2018

“I couldn't do my job without Argos”

OverallSo many. I use Argos for everything from ad hoc reporting to letter generation.
ProsArgos allows me to respond quickly to the numerous requests for data I get each day, as well as giving me a tool with which to address more complicated projects.
ConsBanded reports can be difficult to format. Lining everything up just right is tricky, and spacing gets weird when I use a lot of conditional bands.
Mark D.
Director of Operations & Data Management
August 16, 2018

“Powerful reporting tool”

OverallI am not a report writer so I've found that if I'm able to communicate my reporting needs effectively, I'm able to get the report I need. Our IT team manages the software and as they've grown in experience, their ability to write more complex queries has increased.
ProsInsights into our Oracle Student Information System (SIS). Ability to report on multiple forms in SIS. Can schedule reports or set them up to be run whenever the user requires the report to be run. Can provide access to Argos and data without providing access to the entire database.
ConsDoesn't join with other systems, like Salesforce. The sales reps overpromised the integration to Salesforce during our presentation and to this point, it has made reporting more difficult in some ways.
August 16, 2018
Shereen G.
Project management of Student information systems
Professional Training & Coaching, 10,001+ employees
April 15, 2018

“Exellent!”

ProsIt is easy to be used by functional user. having a version control is a great feature. easy to run through the AWV
ConsTo get better and easier integration with Banner self service. The current integration needs to be done through the application server and IIS. Once this step fails, nothing happen . this is what we faced and I hoped you provide better and easier solution
April 15, 2018
Eddie B.
IT Analyst IV
April 13, 2018

“Overall, I'm very happy with Argos. Its ease of use is its strongest point.”

ProsI like its ease of use the most. It's intuitive so once the SQL is developed, everything else falls into place.
ConsAs a technical person, I don't care for the visual developer. Everyone seems to really prefer free SQL. The trade off for its ease of use if that it sometimes is restricting. For example, the tabs are very small and there's no way to make them larger.
Mary C.
Director, Enterprise Systems and Applications
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2018

“Argos has allowed us to improve our reporting abilities across campus”

ProsI like that we (ITS) can now saw 'Yes' to our end users more often than 'No.' Our functional users have taken on more of the report writing function than they could with our previous tool.
ConsI'd like Argos better if there were seamless integration with Active Directory. Managing security at the user level and at the folder level is cumbersome.
Denny S.
Senior Associate University Registrar
April 10, 2018

“I have thoroughly enjoyed using Argos as a datablock designer, report writer and end-user.”

ProsMy favorite thing about Argos is how easy it is to construct a datablock and get my users in it. With the use of a couple, saved library items, I can go from a blank screen to a fully functioning block within minutes.
ConsI have no real complaints. I think the advanced charting functionality could use some updating, but the chart wizard handles most of my needs.
Jennifer R.
Banner Business Systems Analyst
April 10, 2018

“The software is very easy to use, especially for non-technical staff”

OverallEasy access to data. For me, personally, I don't have to ask the developers for data - I can write the report myself.
ProsAffordable, yet powerful, especially for a small institution. I love the Evisions team - they are incredibly supportive and customer focused.
ConsSome things will work in Toad, but not Argos. Also, there are sometimes funky things that happen with date fields .
Glenn H.
April 17, 2018

“Allowed us to get some necessary Enterprise reporting up and running quickly”

OverallAllowed us to quickly resolve pain points in reporting needs following the implementation of Banner Student and Banner Finance.
ProsWe found the software made it quick and easy to produce customized institutional reports. that our ERP did not provide out of the box.
ConsWEE found that queries sometimes take longer than while performing the same query in a PL/SQL session.
Rania N.
Officer, Financial Aid
April 14, 2018

“Amazing software that gave deeply experience with”

ProsSpeedy and friendly moreover very accurate as I can get the information you to date! I am so excited because it helps me a lot and facilating my job as it the best tool I deal it with.
ConsNothing at all! Argos is the best way for any type of users it can be more than successful method to get what we need in 2 minutes only.
Hylon P.
Database & Sys Admin
April 10, 2018

“Reliably brings data to clarity for end users.”

ProsOur end users can quickly access data in the awv whereas in the past they were it here relying on myself or vista views.
ConsSetting up connection string, tricky but I've mastered it after a few tries. It would be nice have the ability to integrate work flow through processes as some staff forget the Argos reports exist.
Justin G.
Management Analyst
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
July 23, 2019

“Good functionality, poor visuals”

ProsThere is essentially an unlimited number of reports that can be pulled using enterprise data with this software. I like the shortcut feature to help with access to daily use reports.
ConsUI feels antiquated, mapping of reports can be a hassle if you don't remember exactly where a report is kept.
July 23, 2019
April 10, 2018

“Easy to use with limited IT resources”

ProsWe do not have to have an army of IT staff to fully utilize Argos. It has actually helped my analysts to more quickly learn how to program.
ConsThe graphs and charts are a little clunky to build, but they have awesome drill-through capabilities when they are complete.
Cale B.
Business and Technology Application Technician
April 10, 2018

“Great product. Better customer service.”

ProsThey go above and beyond to be helpful. ARGOS has enabled us to streamline many of our data requests and processes.
ConsIt would be nice if there was some better error checking when using free type. The ability to check parenthesizes, that sort of thing.
Skyler C.
Programmer/Analyst
April 16, 2018

“It's a fairly robust reporting tool. It isn't perfect but it is quite useful.”

ProsI would have to say that I like that has a lot of useful features. I feel like creating reports is easier than using SSRS. I like the ease of setting up automatic emails as well.
ConsI feel like the statistical charts and graphs are clunkier than tableau. I would like to see better analytics overall.
Tara K.
Director of Financial Aid

“Awesome!”

ProsIt has made pulling information from Banner easier and has helped us to improve/automate many of our processes!
ConsThere isn't really anything that I dislike about the software itself...just wish I had more time to get datablocks designed by IT that I need to make things work more efficiently in my office.
Waldemar M.
Manager, Academic Planning and Operations
April 18, 2018

“Excellent and stable reporting software.”

OverallStable reporting tool.
ProsArgos is able to handle large amount of data from variety of sources. It is flexible and end-user friendly.
ConsVisualization of data is limited, and formatting documents for printing is time consuming. In order to take full advantage of it, proficiencies in SQL is a must.
April 18, 2018
Jessica A.
Director of Project Management & Business Analysis
April 22, 2018

“Experienced user and developer. Satisfied customer. ”

OverallImproved access to data from all campus databases.
ProsArgos has allowed us to deliver data and information to users in a consistent fashion. It's an agile software, and is flexible which allows developers to meet most user needs.
ConsTakes a lot of time to develop properly. Must build report development into operations, which can cause bottlenecks given the amount of time it takes to properly gather requirements and build datablocks/reports.
April 22, 2018
Rachel S.
Reporting Analyst
April 20, 2018

“Argos is an easy to use software, great support and customer service.”

Pros1. Easy to create reports for different areas 2. Non-technical users also learn it fast 3. Unlimited number of users
Cons1. Not being able to connect to different data sources in one datablock. 2. Not being able to add more than one query in the Report Query tab.
April 20, 2018
Augusto C.
Technical Analyst
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
April 16, 2018

“Report writing and analytics in one place”

OverallReport writing and analytics.
ProsThe process of report writing is easy and simple, once your data block is created. The process is pretty pain free, provided you know a SQL and where your data is at. There is a lot of help available from the company as well as other users.
ConsEven with help, the learning curve for this software may be steep, depending of what you want to accomplish in the end.
Morris W.
Senior Programmer Analyst
April 10, 2018

“Great tool. Use it all the time. Great staff.”

ProsAbility to quickly create and schedule reports. Easy to share reports. Easy to organize your work.
ConsSome features don't work as easily as I'd like. I'd like more options with the schedeler as well.
Hongzhi M.
Report Analyst
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
April 12, 2018

“I used Argos to build the dashboard. It's not easy to use. You should have SQL background.”

OverallWe connect the live data with the Dashboard we build using Argos. That live data make the senior administrators to monitor the situations of enrollment easily and save our team's report time.
ProsThe olap cube function is strong. But the user need to get training to use it. We used Argos to build Dashboard. There are many strong functions we like, such as automatically report through email.
ConsIt's not easy to use, but it's possible to learn for the regular users. After we build the Dashboard, we have to give many training to the users of the Dashboard.
April 12, 2018
Brittany H.
Web Coordinator
March 7, 2018

“I'm a user, and I have an easy time”

OverallThis software gives me no headaches, and that's the best thing I can ask for when I work with so many programs that sometimes do.
ProsIt's intuitive based on the keyboard shortcuts and selections I naturally make with the data I need. We have a lot of people in our database, and they all have different attributes that we need to sort through and target and filter. Argos is the first step in this and makes it easy to move along in our process. It's not an exciting part of my job, but I REALLY appreciate that it isn't a headache.
March 7, 2018
Diana A.
Business System Analyst
April 13, 2018

“In a world of expanding and ever changing technology options, Argos is a keeper.”

OverallUsers got reliable customized reports relatively quickly and easily.
ProsArgos provides institution wide reporting with a strong foundation, enabling both report developers and report users to get value relatively quickly and easily. Using a visual design interface allows for building reports based on knowledge of tables and fields without deeper database technology knowledge. Users can have shortcuts to get to their reports quickly and easily.
ConsThe software is every changing, which I appreciate, but our institution did not keep up with multiple updates per year, so I will have to step through each update to get our version current.
Larry D.
Manager, IST Business Systems
April 13, 2018

“So far, we have found it relatively easy for customers to use. It is less easy to prepare reports.”

OverallEase of use for end users. Somewhat easy to prepare reports. Similarity to existing reporting software makes report preparation somewhat easy.
ProsEase of use for report viewers. It is user-friendly, and easy to get exports out of the system. I think this is more a case of how we are preparing reports, but it seems the default is to export into Excel. I'd like to see more reports prepared on-screen, with the ability to export as a secondary mechanism.
ConsUnderstanding Argos security and it's possible configurations. We attended some Argos security sessions at the eVisions conference this past Saturday. I left feeling a bit more confused than when I went in.
Bob S.
Assoc Director Appl Support and Development
Education Management, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2018

“Excellent product and support . ”

OverallEasy to learn and use. Performs well and is well received by end users. Has a lot of flexibility.
ProsDashboard capabilities. I love that you can build a functional web based online process as a dashboard.
ConsI would love to see the dashboard capabilities expanded even more. I wish you had more properties for fields on a form to allow for better data integrity.
alexandria h.
February 23, 2018

“Keeps us grounded!”

ProsI love how we can mangage classes and students information in one place. Unlimited number of users and database connections. We also love the data outcomes. The unlimited and free on-line interactive trainings really help. I am new to Argos so it helps. It really is a great tool in a large university. I also love have you can limit access to certain users as well.
ConsThe only thing I have a problem with is at how massive the acronyms are. We have to create a cheat sheet to find certain information. Nevertheless it looks very dated far as font and execution but it holds a lot of information.
February 23, 2018
Steve B.
April 19, 2018

“Not bad”

ProsFairly flexible when you know what you're doing. Reporting is good. Using it as an application front end takes imagination.
Cons"Data aware" checkboxes and radio buttons that aren't really data-aware. Report design is tedious. Online help system is almost useless.
April 19, 2018
Jose T.
Programmer Analyst
April 14, 2018

“Argos makes report creation super quick.”

OverallTime saved in report creation and empowering users to create their own reports.
ProsThe ability that it gives to the stakeholder to actually create their own reports. Where as a programmer all I have to do is create the datablock and then for the most part the person requesting the report can go and drag and drop all of their UI elements to their report.
ConsIt's not so much that there is something that I do not like about Argos, it's more understanding what each tool is for. Argos is not designed for writing back to a database and that's fine. I guess what I am saying is that Argos has its limitations.