TechScreen Ratings

Overall

About TechScreen

We have the world's only SaaS product that lets a recruiter conduct, score and document a detailed interview of an IT candidate without knowing the underlying content. Our methodology guides a recruiter through the questions and answers by easing them through stages of increasing technical complexity. The final stage will have the recruiter create custom interviews to support individual requirements or recurring profile positions. Recruiters get better at their jobs using it to do their job. Learn more about TechScreen

Alex L.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1001-5000 employees
May 10, 2019

“An Easy and Seamless Process to Screen Technical Candidates”

ProsThis software makes it very easy and quick to qualify candidates for a variety of different skill sets. There are a number of skills with pre-loaded questions and anticipated answers along with highlighted buzzwords to listen for. This helped tremendously for skills I am unfamiliar with as it kept me engaged with the explanations to determine whether or not candidates were qualified. In addition, I enjoyed the ability to rank responses. Candidates who used examples to back their answers can be rewarded with a higher score.
ConsWhile there is a number of technologies listed, there are still many which need to be added. In addition, I felt that the "Create your own test" was a little difficult to understand the first couple of times.
Tony M.
Director Of Operations
1001-5000 employees
January 20, 2018

“Great tool for my recruiting teams to qualify the technical skills of prospective candidates ”

ProsLow cost compared to other testing tools Great customer support - they partner with you to learn your teams needs and work to meet them. Easy to use and train on - doesn't slow down my recruiters and can increase time to submit
ConsAs a practical matter they don't have tests for certain niche technologies but they will work with you to come up with custom tests if you recruit on a technology they don't normally offer tests for.
January 20, 2018
Shawn G.
Director of Recruiting
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“Great screening tool for it staffing firms ”

Overall Again the clients can be involved if they desire in the process also we can also just screen people ourselves very effectively with his tool if helped us out last month with a skill no other testing company had in place and we dialed in with excellent candidates for the client that they wanted to eventually hire.
Pros I can customize for my clients exactly the questions they want us to screen for. The clients love the idea that they can have input in how candidates can get screened specifically for their roles, so we don't waste their time and we increase our value in the eyes of our clients.
ConsI don't have any thing i did not like I am interested to see how the tool is updated over time. It is good now but I know the company wants to make it even more valuable to it's clients
Human Resources, 11-50 employees

“First Month”

OverallProvides me with the ability to ask technical questions.
ProsIt is really easy to use. It has a lot of options to select from to customize your interview questions. I like that you can save a report on the interview and also take notes during the interview.
Cons Not being a software developer myself it is difficult to gauge if the candidate is qualified if they don't hit on one of the key hi-lighted words. Also, it would be good to specify number of year next to what is considered beginning, vs intermediate, vs advanced because our requests often specify how many years they require but they don't always correspond with the tools version of avg, advanced etc. I would like to have the ability to add additional notes in the results AFTER the interview has been completed. There is no way to go back in and edit your notes. I would like Front End, Back End and Full Stack seperated out because some of our roles require different combinations.

By TechScreen on May 13, 2019
Actually, you can add notes after an interview has been completed. If you go to the Review tab, you will be brought to the page that has all of the interviews you have conducted. If you want to add notes to an interview, select the individual interview and hit the Review icon and you will see the interview review screen. You can add new notes into the open field.
John F.
IT Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2019

“My easy highering experience with TechScreen ”

OverallThe software was the best setup I've experienced. It was intuitive and walked me through each step. I was never left wondering what to do next or how to accomplish something. I had very few questions about the system because it was built with a genius mindset of ease of use and complete functionality. I was able to quickly setup the type of position I was hiring for and easily select from the questions pertaining to that job. The system is super smart and separates questions into categories of level of difficulty, because you may not be hiring for an engineer, maybe just an entry level tech support position. The software has it all for you built right in so you never have to create your own questions.
ProsThe customization of the interview questions and the support of the product provided by the support team.
ConsI have nothing to say negatively about this software...it infact, exceeded my every expectation. I wish I had more staff to hire to continue using the software!
Chris C.
Vice President of RPO
201-500 employees
January 30, 2018

“TechScreen has helped us to quickly evaluate technical talent and demonstrate value to the client.”

ProsTechScreen is an excellent tool to help a Recruiter better evaluate technical talent. An additional benefit to using this product is the knowledge and enrichment that the Recruiter will receive. They will become more technically knowledgeable, more comfortable discussing technology, and build stronger credibility with the candidates.
January 30, 2018
bradley p.
recruiter

“My honest Review ”

Overallits easy to use. satisfies our compliance with client and we can close a candidate on a single call instead of sending an assessment to candidate email.
Prosits ease of use, having previously loaded screens from follow colleagues is nice feature
Consthe express tests are maybe too easy. I need more advanced java and javascript related screens

“Good screening tool”

OverallI'm required to do a Tech Screen on each candidate I submit to the client and this tool has saved time.
ProsEasy to use and the questions are so broad that they get the candidate talking and you are able to evaluate their communication skills as well as their knowledge on the subject.
ConsThe grammar for some questions is not right.
Melody G.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
May 10, 2019

“TechScreen has made my job 10 times easier!”

OverallTechScreen has made our process here at Judge seamless. I enjoy having it as a resource to help qualify candidates.
ProsWhat I like most about TechScreen is its ability to be customized. You can select tech stacks prior to getting someone on a call to have your screen ready to go, or can set up with a few clicks if you want to start the process!
ConsThe only con is that some questions are very "text book." What I've found with a lot of good developers is that they are very good at doing the work, but can struggle with some fundamentals because it's been awhile since someone has asked that for a detailed explanation on a certain area (Ex: TreeMap in Java).
January 23, 2018

“very easy to use, shows clear tech results that I can share with clients ”

OverallI learned some more about the technologies that I screened for. I have an idea the types of questions that will be asked so I can make a seamless transition into the conversation.
ProsI like the fact that the questions are open ended. I also like that there are multiple answers that are acceptable for the questions proposed. It gives candidates the opportunity to be as detailed or not as detailed as possible.
ConsI think some of the questions are more education/foundation based, as opposed to real life and practical. This is good for more junior developers or professionals who haven been out of school for too long, but for the senior folks, I don't think it is the most relevant way to screen.
January 23, 2018
Catherin L.
IT Recruiter
May 15, 2019

“TechScreen for Non-Technical people! ”

ProsAs a non-technical professional, it is quite useful to be able to utilize a technical screening tool this way. Our other options would be to send out a coding test via HackerRank for example and wait in hopes for candidates to complete it. This is instant, quite efficient and accurate. Simple and easy to use. Also you can customize your own screening questions to create your own test.
ConsSome of the wording is confusing to candidates, both questions and answers. Other than that, it is a very solid tool to use for technically screening potential candidates for opportunities.
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
May 17, 2019

“TechScreen Review”

OverallI feel like the every candidate has their own way of answering a question and techscreen makes it easier to vet by providing multiple answers.
ProsThe vetting process is easier due to multiple answers provided.
ConsSome of the questions have poor grammar
May 17, 2019
Lex B.

“daily usage”

Overalli am eliminating poor candidates quickly.
Proseasy to access, quick feedback. able to save as PDF
Conssometimes with more complicated technologies, there are more answers than provided
Steven S.
Resource Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Techscreen review”

OverallI like it helps screen candidates even for non-tech people like myself and it also helps me to go and find out more details myself.
ProsI like that the keywords are highlighted so I can focus on a handful of things that the candidate says while they answer the questions./
ConsCandidates can get confused with the wording and will ask for additional clarification. I have to find alternative ways to try to word the question. Also, when I try to create my own questions, there is no feature to highlight my own key words.
Michael P.
V.P. of Recruiter Performance & Operations

“TechScreen is Great”

ProsThe ease of use, the customer service and how quickly the owners respond to us when we need new skills added.
ConsI wish there were some more emerging skill sets.
Jess D.
VP
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
June 4, 2019

“Great tool”

OverallI also really like being able to tell clients about the tool. They are usually very happy to hear we have this ability to screen.
ProsTechScreen enables us to screen candidates for our customers in a way that we would not be able to without the tool. It helps us weed out fake candidates and produces a report we can forward to the client.
ConsSometimes it's hard to know if the questions would be applicable. But in that case we can show our client what we are asking to get their opinion.
June 4, 2019
Angela B.

“TechScreen Review”

ProsI like that it enables me to truly screen technical candidates to differentiate the strong ones from the weaker ones. It has taught me viable skills and knowledge in the technical field and has given me good questions to ask candidates.
ConsThe software can be a little difficult to use at first, but once clicking through it, it becomes much easier to understand after a few trial and errors.
Lisa G.
Sr IT Recruiter
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Easy to Use”

ProsSuper easy to use and gives you some knowledge of the the skill so you sound intelligent when speaking to candidates. The more you use it, the better you get!
Consdoesnt have all the skills needed for all the skill sets we speak with.
Chris S.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
May 15, 2019

“TEchScreen is a GREAT tool!”

Overallthis tool is used to screen out candidates so that only the best go over to our clients
Prosease of use and variety to tech screens
Consthere is nothing I do not like about this software
Cody H.
Tech Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

“It works fine”

OverallI enjoy using TS because of how fast I can Tech someone out. I wish there were more skills I could test people on within Software Development but overall I think it's a good site.
ProsI like how easy it is to use and how quickly I can get results
ConsThere are often skills missing so that I cannot test on many skillsets.
Human Resources, 501-1000 employees

OverallIt's excellent!
ProsTechScreen is effective tools for recruiters. It helps to screen on a variety of skill set. It's a great help to a recruiter who is not coming for a technical recruiting background.
ConsIt doesn't have may coding problems. Some code snippets can help screen a candidate better.
Julie K.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Great Idea”

OverallVery good. Very helpful. Great idea. Great product.
ProsEase of use. Training for non-technical users. Support.
ConsQuestions and answers are fairly academic, and not as "real" world lingo.
Lemuel W.

“Excellent Service”

OverallMy overall expereince so far has been great.
ProsThis software is easy to navigate and extremely quick to take care of in small amount of time.
ConsNothing as of yet has disappointed me really.
Ryan B.
Recruiting VP
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

“TechScreen 05-2019”

OverallOverall it has been good
ProsThe abundant technical skill options to test and ask questions.
ConsTrying to figure out which type of test to give.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
May 14, 2019

“TechScreen is very helpful”

ProsThe customization is very helpful and a necessary aspect of the software.
ConsI have not had any negative experiences so far.
Staffing and Recruiting, 1001-5000 employees

“So So ”

OverallWe use tech screen to show our clients that we have tested a candidates knowledge. We have had people who have done great on the tech screen bomb an interview and vice versa.
ProsIts easy to set up and administer a test
ConsI am doubtful how well Tech screens in general grade a candidates technical skills. Its a fine product, but it seems to test academic knowledge instead of skills utilized in the real world.