Closing Folders Ratings

Overall

About Closing Folders

Helps lawyers manage legal transactions by automating the collection of signatures and the creation of closing books. Watch the video below to learn more! Learn more about Closing Folders

Kirsten H.
Summer Law Student
Banking, 501-1000 employees
August 8, 2019

“Can't imagine closing a deal without it!!”

ProsI truthfully love this program. I ran out of room in the "cons" section, only because I used it as a "room to improve" section. Some small tweaks would make the system even better and more accessible for senior lawyers who find the software less intuitive. Things I love: - Easy to keep track of documents, especially when multiple versions are moving across quickly - So, so easy to create signature packages and recompile documents - No need to create signing matrix to track signatures - Easily compile completed documents with schedules (especially great for officer certificates) - Facilitates communication with the other side - Can allow clients to access who are the type of clients who want updates all the time - Quickly date thousands of documents with variables - Create a closing book in literal minutes
Cons- Can't use variables on signature pages because software won't pick up variables on scanned pages - No 'select all' 'deselect all' feature - Some operations require too many clicks (ex. having to click 'edit' and 'finished editing') - Notifications by email are not optimized (it would be great if you were able to choose what you were notified about in advanced notification settings, for example I might only want notifications if the other side uploads or deletes, I might only want to know about when docs are uploaded) - Responsible lawyer not automatically added as a user on the accounts page (ex. I am a student and I often set up the deals for the responsible lawyer, so my email automatically gets added as a user, but theirs doesn't, even though I've already indicated they are the responsible lawyer) - No ability to create your own folders on the overview page to organize your deals - No ability to filter the responsibility, signatures, schedules, versions and notes columns. Would be helpful if you were able to filter by items with schedules outstanding for example, without having to scroll through the whole agenda. - If I have clicked onto an item, and then I click the "upload signatures" button, the pages I upload do not automatically get matched with that item. It would be helpful to have a "upload signatures for this item" (especially helpful when the other side is not using CF and you need to upload signature pages without an identifying # for the system to pick up)
August 8, 2019
Sandra G.
Knowledge Management Lawyer
January 11, 2018

“Closing Folders has built a very useful set of features around a real-time, dynamic closing agenda. ”

ProsMy two favourite features are (1) the two efficient processes for creating signing packages, distributing them and compiling the signed pages, and (2) the ease and speed with which electronic closing books can be made at the end of a transaction. Whether one uses the PDF or the DocuSign method for signing packages, it is so much easier to have the software pull the relevant pages and package them up for each signatory than to do it manually, and I find the Closing Folders integration with DocuSign is simpler and faster to use than using DocuSign alone. Respecting closing books, there is no excuse now for piles of paper to languish in a corner waiting to be compiled into a book. If all the closing documents have been diligently added to the closing agenda as the deal progresses, the agenda can be turned into the index and the book created very quickly. Post-closing matters can be dealt with later, and the book regenerated then. Closing Folders worked with our internal closing book people to make it possible to send the URL of the electronic closing book directly to them to produce the required copies of the books. The people at Closing Folders have been very responsive to our needs, and the support has been amazing.
ConsOur instance of Closing Folders is hosted on our premises, and so sometimes we have glitches with the way it interacts with our other applications. The support we have received from Closing Folders in dealing with these glitches has been terrific, though.
January 11, 2018
Mandy K.

“Closing Folders Review”

OverallClosing folders is a great program that keeps our files organized. The customer service offered by Closing Folders is outstanding.
ProsI like being able to organize my file and track the status of the documentation. It makes it easy for anyone to log into the file and know exactly where the transaction is at and what remains outstanding. Creating signature packages for our clients to sign has never been easier. Closing books created through Closing Folders makes reporting to our clients a breeze.
ConsWhen I am in the item and I select "upload signature", it would be helpful if it automatically uploaded to that item as opposed to going to a separate window and having to scroll through the entire agenda to find the specific item that signature page relates to. I believe this was an option in the original version of closing folders. Also, when selecting "Manage Signatures" the program freezes quite frequently when you create a new signatory this way.
Vanessa F.
Document Specialist
August 7, 2019

“V's Review”

OverallMy overall experience with Closing Folders has been a positive one, and I often encourage others to use it. I find it to be a great way to keep track of what/where you are on a particular project/deal.
ProsI like that the program is very user friendly in the sense that for the most part, the features and functions are easy to operate/locate. Whenever I do I have a question, the Closing Folders support line/email staff get back to me very quickly, and are extremely helpful. I also like the simplicity of creating a closing brief, especially in cases where the deal is already complete, and I just need to upload the final versions and generate the brief -- it is very quick and painless. I also just learned about the snapshot feature, that will allow you to run comparisons, and I think this is a really great feature.
ConsI sometimes struggle with the numbering, as depending on whom I am working for, and their preferences this may vary. Sometimes when I ask Closing Folders to upload an agenda they do their best to create one with numbering that coincides with what I have sent them; however, sometimes I want to change things around and I have difficulty with that. Having said that, the Help Centre page is helpful, and again the support staff are always quick to get back to me. I honestly have not encountered much of anything I do not like about Closing Folders.
August 7, 2019
Alex B.
April 6, 2018

“I have been using Closing Folders for corporate transactions and to prepare packages of documents.”

ProsClosing Folders has saved me a significant amount of time and effort. My favourite feature is the ability to specify signatories in the transaction and create signature page packages for specific signatories (this used to take hours and now I just click a button and it's done). When I get the signature packages back, Closing Folders is generally pretty good at recognizing to which documents the signature pages belong, so it makes the sorting process easier. Creating a record book of the transaction also happens at the click of a button. Without Closing Folders, preparing the record book was very costly and time-consuming - the client often did not get the record book for weeks after closing because it had to be prepared, scanned and reviewed. Now, I have more confidence in the documents and I am often able to prepare an electronic record book the day of closing if needed. I also appreciate the fact that Closing Folders keeps coming out with new features and improving itself - the program is a lot better now than when I started using it. Although Closing Folders seems to be geared for transactions, I often use it to just create neatly organized packages of documents for other matters.
ConsClosing Folders (for my uses) does not have many cons. I say that with the caveat that I have not yet tried the feature that enables sharing with opposing counsel (only used it for the side we act for). One minor issue is that, when I make a mistake and assign a signature page or another file I upload to the wrong document, it's hard to reassign the file, so I often end up deleting the miscategorized file and re-uploading it. Also, there should be a link to edit a particular field within the field itself rather than having to click "Edit" at the top tab.
April 6, 2018
Morris C.
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
July 26, 2019

“Revolutionary”

OverallClosing Folders save lawyers a ton of time. Gone are the days when one must search through numerous emails during high traffic transactions to confirm receipt of certain documents. Creating a closing book is now done with a click of a button. It is a game changer and I cannot imagine going back to the way deals used to be conducted.
ProsClosing Folders is incredibly intuitive for transactional lawyers. In many ways, it mirrors the way deals are conducted and makes the tasks much more cost and time efficient. The functions and tools were easy to pick up.
ConsI wish that there was the ability (as an administrator) to hide items on the closing agenda from some parties. On one transaction, certain confidential documents had to be hidden from one party. This is often the case when it is a purchase and sale transaction and there is a financing party not privy to internal confidential documents. Our solution was to clone a reduced copy of the Closing Agenda and provide access to the conflicted party. However this meant we had to update two Closing Agendas each time something changed or had to be uploaded, meaning we had to do everything twice.
July 26, 2019
Tiffanie H.
Corporate Clerk
February 1, 2019

“Great Product for Organizing a Closing”

OverallI love using Closing Folders. I will opt to use it at every opportunity, even for re-organizations because in the digital age it is the easiest method of ensuring smooth delivery and tracking signatures.
ProsThere's quite a lot of things that I like about Closing Folders. Firstly you can track at a glance what documents are outstanding by what is or isn't imported . Next is the signature process, I like how easy it is to generate signature packages. When you're done and have imported signatures, I like the visual green light showing on documents that are fully signed. It makes the closing process so much easier, irregardless of the closing size and how many documents there are.
ConsThere are a few things that could be worked on. I wish there was a way to download a selected number of compiled documents at one time to be able to provide them to opposing counsel without having to generate a record book if you aren't ready to do that yet. Doing it individually can be time consuming. Also when signature packages are being generated and you have to chose the full document zip folder option as well, there can be duplications in that folder if the person signs a document on behalf of more than one entity.
February 1, 2019
Rehman M.
March 5, 2018

“Seamless and efficient. User-friendly and self-explanatory and intuitive.”

OverallSaved time on keeping track of multiple documents as every document was stored in a single place. This made is easier to refer to the documents knowing the latest version was available.
ProsAbility to upload files via email and keep track of latest version of documents. Easy feature to compile record book. Organization of signature pages is extremely efficient. It is helpful to have the ability to add multiple users, giving each user a different role and the ability to view the latest versions of the documents in one place.
ConsUploaded signature pages should "move up" with new versions of a previous document. If signature pages have been uploaded for document X and a new version of document X with minor revisions is added, the previously uploaded signature pages should automatically attached to the newer version of the same document. A new helpful feature would be to have the ability to add dates to documents after the documents have been uploaded. For example, if a document states "This Agreement is entered into on February ______, 2018" it would be useful to have a tool on Closing Folders that allows parties to fill in the blank once a document version has been finalized.
March 5, 2018
Ryan H.
December 27, 2017

“Closing Folders makes closing deal drastically easier.”

OverallAdoption of the software has been slow. If more people used it, the advantages would be greater. I recognize that it is still early in the introduction of the software.
ProsClosing Folders keeps me organized and simplifies the deal closing process. It allows me to keep large teams informed and updated as well as prepare signature packages, review signed documents, compile final documents and prepare record books significantly faster than completing these tasks in other ways.
December 27, 2017
Lynn L.
December 13, 2017

“I love closing folders! It saves so much time, paper and it is ultimate organizational tool. ”

ProsI love how you can have all your ongoing files all at one place. I love that it is so easy to use. It is a life saver in compiling documents and keeping you organized. Reduces your need to scan documents and compile a reporting. Closing folders takes care of that for you!
ConsA couple of things I don't like is that if another user uploaded a document, you cannot delete it and that user must delete that version. I think that the function should be able to be used by all who are working on the file especially if the person is away or no longer at the firm. Second thing is that sometimes when you try to email yourself the docs it does not work. This is usually the case with a large set of documents.
December 13, 2017
Andrea H.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2017

“Absolutely essential to my legal practice.”

ProsI love everything that can be dragged and dropped anywhere, in any form. I love being able to move files around and keep everything organized the way I like - not just in alphabetical order. I love the signature function, too - it keeps us on the ball for clients who have a bunch of outstanding documents.
ConsI can only drag and drop items through the "Files" -> "Upload" path, and then link it to the applicable item. I would love to be able to drag and drop files right onto the Closing Folders item in the agenda, and have it pick it up.
Julianne C.
Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk
December 12, 2017

“Has made day-to-day tracking on files much easier and creating indexes are a HUGE time saver.”

OverallSaves time, easy and quick to use, can access from anywhere. I love the closing book feature, used to spend a lot of time creating indexes, linking, etc. this really cuts down a lot of the work.
ProsRecord book creating, how easy it is to duplicate closing agendas and the ability to upload a closing agenda. Once again, a lot of great features that saves us a lot of time.
ConsSometimes it is hard to navigate, would like a feature where we can fill in dates on documents, or re-locate a document that was filed to the wrong closing agenda item.
Penny A.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2017

“Closing Folders has really changed the way I am organized and prepared for my closings. ”

OverallEasier closings.
ProsMy favourite applications are signature tracking, ease of uploading and the smart technology in terms of recognizing documents. I love the that I can create closing books at the click of a button.
ConsThat you cannot reassign documents once they have been assigned. You have to reupload. You can't make any mistakes!
Jesse R.
April 15, 2018

“This product aims to automate a process that should have been automated long ago.”

OverallThe biggest benefit is to have a centralized 'live' agenda showing status of each item. This is especially helpful in the days and hours leading up to a complex closing.
ProsA great interface and intuitive workflow means that new users can get comfortable with the product quickly. I do not worry about introducing this product on a deal where the other side has never used it, as I know they will get up the learning curve quickly enough and see the value added.
ConsThere are still kinks to work out in the signatures area: organizing, generating signature packages, importing and associating. Once this process is further refined, significant time will be saved at this step, which will add further value.
April 15, 2018
Lava S.

“Closing Folders”

OverallIts great to have book electronically where all added users can access the books whenever they need them. No worries about lost closing books.
ProsI like the ease of being able to make changes to your closing book, adding, deleting documents, etc.
ConsNot being able to change the formatting on index once completed, not being able to change what number the index numbering starts (we often create books for client that will be a continuation of a previous book and would like number to start after the last number of first book). When uploading docs from disks, it would be nice if the system could read the doc number in the title of the document to assign it to a document, rather than just reading the title name.
Denise B.
December 12, 2017

“Love this software! It is an organizing dream. Transactions are more efficient with less mistakes.”

OverallEfficiency and fewer mistakes
ProsThe reporting process has saved hours of work time. Our team is more efficient and closing transactions are easier and more organized.
ConsI would love to see an additional tab level . In addition, I find at time that I need to refresh in order to update other user changes.
Johanne S.
Practice Assistant
July 10, 2019

“Life changing for closing binders”

OverallI was resistant at first, however I am learning more and more of its features and it has made what was an arduous task of creating closing binders a much simpler one
ProsThe ease with which I can create a closing binder and track the progress of finalized items throughout a transaction is life changing !
ConsThe fact that only those we add to t#he deal can view the documents can create problems at times where before we had saved everything in our electronic file system (DM)
July 10, 2019
Danielle L.
Associate Lawyer
August 14, 2019

“Your Organization Station”

OverallGreat.
ProsCollaborative, always up-to-date, checkboxes/indicators to confirm items are compiled or show what is outstanding in a clear way. Customer support is friendly (had good experience with our rep, in particular)
ConsMinor nit: the text editing function of the agenda items is finicky - sometimes it clicks into the item when instead I wanted to clear the text to make a note/comment.
August 14, 2019
Anna M.
July 24, 2019

“First Time User”

ProsThe support team at Closing Folders is very helpful ! All communications are provided to you for ease of reference, and the Support Team will email you with a follow up summary. The Closing Folders program itself is amazing !. Closing Folders will increase your professionalism at a personal level, increase the level of service you provide for your firm, and also save you an incredible amount of time tracking effective document controls throughout the entire closing process.
ConsThere is nothing to dislike about Closing Folders. As a first time user, if I didn't know the answer to a process within Closing Folders, there is a chat, there are video tutorials, and there is someone ready to walk you though it. Closing Folders is user friendly and it's just a matter of learning something new ... that will save you time and increase the effectiveness of your process and final Closing Documents presentation.
July 24, 2019
December 15, 2018

“Makes Most Things About Closing Easier”

ProsThe software makes most modifications to a closing agenda or closing book significantly quicker than modifications in a word document. I've rather just click and re-order things at home on a Friday night than having to add and delete rows in Word.
ConsI wish it had a feature to stamp dates on documents. This would make it easier to upload undated documents, get those signed with the already built-in signing page feature, and then we wouldn't have to download everything, date it in Adobe, and then re-upload.
December 15, 2018
Tammy V.
September 18, 2019

“Great product!”

OverallNo more paper copies of documents are required so Closing Folders is more cost-effective for clients and more environmentally friendly. The results on a USB are more easily accessible and searchable as well.
ProsClosing Folders is user-friendly and allows the sharing of documents between firms to make real estate closings easier and faster. The uploading of documents is quick, time efficient and in real time.
ConsI wish it had a column in the index of the deals/transactions that had the email for each deal and a link.
September 18, 2019
Mazen B.
May 7, 2018

“Effective and efficient way to close deals and stay organized during a transaction”

OverallMakes closings and post closings more efficient - I never have to dig through my emails for a document.
ProsUse of learning technology that can detect signature pages and keep items organized. Also enjoy that the software is constantly developing and becoming better. Makes closing books, especially with the use of custom closing index templates, a breeze.
ConsCan improve on some minor functionality points, but the constant development makes up for it and usually fixes these.
May 7, 2018
Alexa P.
February 4, 2018

“Quick to use and very user-friendly”

ProsAvailable remotely, few functions, so its easy to get acquainted or re-acquainted with it. Its fairly intuitive, and the ability to create a whole closing book is phenomenal.
ConsThe buttons don't have good explanations (e.g. what does "demote" mean?). I also ran into an issue last year where my documents and the signature pages did not match due to a font error.
February 4, 2018
Amir T.
December 20, 2017

“Closing Folders has really helped us navigate one of the more difficult client files we have”

ProsThe ability to have a snapshot of years of transactions - in our most pressing file, we have needed to update amendment after amendment on varying loans. Closing Folders has made this possible
ConsAn app would be great! Otherwise, my only complaint is that this is not used more often within our industry.
December 20, 2017
Anne B.
June 25, 2018

“Wonderful program that greatly facilitates closing, saving time and money. ”

ProsVery easy to use. Integrates well with DocuSign. Saves hours and hours of time in a typical closing.
ConsVery few negatives. Certain features are not flexible enough, particularly when it comes to signatures (e.g. having different signatories for an entity).
June 25, 2018
Alessandra V.
May 15, 2019

“Moderately Useful”

OverallPrompt customer service
ProsIt makes compiling a losing book incredibly easy and I like it for compiling signature packages
ConsIt can be hard to upload new versions , because I cannot drag and drop from my e-mail or from our existing document management system. Moreover, I draft documents and store them in our document management system so they can be used by the entire firm. The difficulty with closing folders is that I have to update two places every time I make a change to a document (DM and Closing Folders). I also routinely have difficulty changing line items in my closing agenda on Closing Folders from "items" to headings. IT is annoying that you cannot promote a #'rd item to a "Heading". I have been forced to re-create the cell and then delete the one I do not need.
May 15, 2019
Dan T.
Artcling Student
May 6, 2019

“Review of Closing Foldes”

OverallAmazing!
ProsI particularly the enjoyed the user friendliness of Closing Folders and the capacity of the program to generate useful legal documentation whether that be signature page packages or closing books.
ConsPerhaps the finality of the set up once you finalize a document. The uploading of signature pages can be a bit clunky and not as intuitive as well.
John T. B.
March 15, 2019

“Fantastic”

ProsHuge increase in efficiency when working on M&A transactions. Saves a tonne of time for tedious/administrative aspects of deals.
ConsI've come across a few glitches here and there, and there are some areas for improvement and new features, but the development team seems to be quite open to suggestions for improvement and things get fixed quickly in my experience.
March 15, 2019
Reza S.
September 25, 2019

“Closing Folders Review”

OverallI've had a great experience using closing folders - all the documents are kept in one place and when it comes time to close and create closing books - it takes no time at all.
ProsThe software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. It quickly recognizes signature pages and flags things when you may be making a mistake.
ConsIt doesn't allow you to compare/blackline PDFs.
September 25, 2019
Lucie B.
April 12, 2018

“This software makes closings a lot easier to manage and saves both time and trees!”

ProsUser friendly tool. Makes it easy to assign signatories to documents, upload new versions and create new items in the agenda.
ConsCould use a little tweaking as far as formatting goes: needs more options to reflect the formatting in Word.
April 12, 2018
Joy R.
May 30, 2018

“Very helpful for organizing and keeping track of documents and signature pages”

ProsKeeping track of all of the signatories and being able to compile signature pages quickly with no error
ConsIt can be time consuming to create agenda and upload documents. The ability to be able to send a closing agenda and have it turned around is helpful but the turnaround time can be a challenge and requires planning ahead well in advance
May 30, 2018
April 4, 2018

“I am a corporate associate and I have used closing folders for several large and small transactions”

ProsOrganizes documents allowing me to easily see what is missing, signature page detection, and allows me to quickly and efficiently create signature pages
ConsIn ability to change the date, cannot download a set of finalized documents until I create record book, can be very particular re: signature names
April 4, 2018
Tyler B.
March 20, 2018

“Great product. Works smoothly and efficiently”

OverallSaved time and energy organizing files and compiling the record book.
ProsWell organized. Support team is available for help and responds quickly. Record book preparation is efficient, and tracking status is easy.
ConsAssigning uploaded documents is somewhat awkward - the suggestions are often not very useful. Could there be a drag and drop direct into the agenda?
March 20, 2018
Adriana G.
October 2, 2018

“Closing Folders Review”

OverallIt is quick and easy to use which is fantastic, multiple people can view at the same time.
ProsIt is easy to use, quick to import and make changes.
ConsDepending on which browser you are using Closing Folders it affects what changes you can make, had some issues when I was using Internet Explorer but was able to fix the issues when I opened Closing Folders in Google Chrome. An issue is when I trash an item because it goes somewhere else when I go into the files folder it is still linked to where the document was previous that I am unable to take it from there and link it to the correct item, I have to re-upload the document to files.
October 2, 2018
Luke P.
Document Specialist
June 8, 2018

“Very user friendly. Excellent product”

ProsEase and speed of which you can produce high quality record books. Reduce paper usage, saves time and valuable resources.
ConsInability to edit the hyperlinked index. Such as spacing (keep with next/keep lines together) if/when the text flows onto the next page.
June 8, 2018
Brent W.
Student-At-Law
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
February 8, 2019

“Closing Folders”

OverallGreat software and great service. The program does a fantastic job at moving the legal market into the technology era.
ProsThe software allows for the user to streamline the process of closing. The task of track signature pages and sending out signature packages has become much efficient with Closing Folders.
ConsUnderstandably, you can only upload your closing agenda once and will have to manually make any subsequent edits to the agenda.
February 8, 2019
August 7, 2018

“Closing Folders Makes Closing Books Easy”

OverallI thoroughly enjoy using closing folders. It makes a deal very organized and creating closing books at the end of a deal easy.
ProsI liked how easy it was to make changes to the agenda, documents, and closing books. This made fixing mistakes and updating closing materials efficient and easy. I also needed a closing agenda created in a rush and the team at closing folders was happy to accommodate me.
ConsI found that the documents I uploaded do not always automatically match with the appropriate agenda item, but this can easily be resolved by choosing the item from the list provided.
August 7, 2018
Mike M.
December 13, 2018

“Easily accessible and efficient ”

OverallIt was extremely positive, I will be recommending Closing Folders to my colleagues.
ProsEasy to use, easy to update the closing agenda. The dragging and dropping of files was a huge time saver and made things very efficient.
ConsI didn't realize that marking the document as final was different than doing a final compile. I am not sure why there are two separate "finalizing" options. I also wish there was an option to "group" compile all of the items in the agenda - unless I missed that feature.
Patrick W.
June 1, 2018

“Incredibly intuitive and powerful tool for managing closings. Exceeded expectations greatly.”

OverallMakes managing closings and even smaller internal reorgs much easier. The closing book feature is fantastic.
ProsThe software is very, very intuitive and easy to use. It nicely mixes a very clean interface with still having many powerful features.
ConsWhile I really like how it looks, there are a few instances where there are some visual issues (i.e. certain things not being visible on the screen). Very minor complaint though. It also isn't 100% with recognizing signature pages, but it's pretty good.
June 1, 2018
Martin L.
Summer Student
June 28, 2018

“Very easy to use”

ProsMade my life a lot easier. Compiling signature pages became much more efficent. In the few times I've run into issues, tech support was able to quickly guide me through.
ConsThere are a few bugs to uploading replacement signatory pages and some areas of the program that could be better streamlined. When manually deciding on signatory pages as we hover over the page it should magnify so we can quickly double check all the docs to not miss a page.
June 28, 2018
Pat C.
Legal Services, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 18, 2019

“Good product - would recommend”

ProsI liked the ability to produce signing pages and packages quickly. I also liked the assembly of closing books.
ConsI'd like to be able to upload a package of signing pages instead of having to do it one at a time.
April 18, 2019
Geeth M.
Articled Student
April 8, 2019

“Increased Efficiency!”

OverallI am extremely happy with this product. It has saved us a great deal of time.
ProsThe software was very intuitive. I felt that I could use the product with little to no guidance. It has cut hours that would inevitably be spent on the transaction.
ConsThere were some issues with uploading pdfs earlier on. The files were not being processed when uploaded. Support has handled this issue and it appears to be working now.
April 8, 2019
Donna M.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2018

“Very happy with my experience using Closing Folders.”

OverallMuch easier than producing hard copies of closing books. Best thing is collaborating with several different parties in sharing and reviewing documents. Very quick and easy!
ProsOrganized and pleasing to the eye. Easy to use with respect to uploading and downloading. Great for co-ordinating with several different parties.
ConsNo comments to add here at the moment. Fairly new to using Closing Folders and have found it does what I need. If any questions, the support was quick to respond.
April 26, 2018
Chantal P.
May 16, 2019

“Amazing Software”

OverallI have not been using it for very long but since its introduction it has made my life easier. I no longer need to create a folder on our I:Drive where all documents are deposited for review.
ProsI love the feature with the signature pages. It saves us so much time. No need to collate them.
ConsIt took me many trials to log in. I had to go through our administration person to recreate my profile but finally, I was able to log in.
May 16, 2019
Alexis B.
June 27, 2018

“Very convenient to use for large transactions.”

OverallFaster and more efficient process.
ProsEase of use, rapidity and functionnality for the gathering of signature pages. Also, the interface is convenient to track progress of the documents.
ConsManaging signature pages that have to be held under escrow. Level of granularity in the levels/categories, it would ideally give more options to qualify a level as item or category.
June 27, 2018
Jake H.
November 22, 2018

“Jake's Review of Closing Folders”

ProsIntuitive functionality, very easy to pick up. Saves a ton of time when moving size and closing deals.
ConsStill a bit buggy/ Pretty good at sensing signature pages, but annoying when a document is already signed that it cant pick that up and put a little 2/2 beside it automatically. Have to do that manually.
Siwei C.
Associate, Tax
April 25, 2019

“Excellent product”

ProsThe ease with which we could assemble documents, signature pages and closing books without having to print anything.
ConsI wish Closing Folders could link to our document management system and update new versions of documents automatically without me having to upload it again to Closing Folders.
April 25, 2019
Michael M.
Corporate Lawyer
January 9, 2019

OverallLegal closings.
ProsEase of use and functionality. I really like that everything is done online.
ConsI don't have any particular concerns right now.
January 9, 2019
Jacob W.
December 13, 2018

“Useful and easy to use project”

OverallThe benefits of this software are real. It keep closing organized, eliminates numerous emails exchanging files and keeps the project moving efficiently.
ProsThe software was easy to use and kept the closing process organized.
ConsI had no issues with this software, it was great.
Kevin H.
January 25, 2018

“Overall, great.”

ProsThe fact that it keeps all of the transaction documents readily accessible. Customer services is great as well.
ConsManaging signatories when uploading new versions of documents can be challenging. I would like to be able to compile a closing set without having to finalize each document. I would also like to be able to delete items even if I was not the person to upload it. We typically just keep Closing Folders internal so there is no risk of opposing counsel deleting things. But if my assistant uploads something and then goes home, I would like to be able to delete it if needed.
January 25, 2018