ExpressVPN Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5

About ExpressVPN

VPN software that allows selected segments of traffic to be run through a virtual private netowrk. Accessible worldwide. Learn more about ExpressVPN

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees
March 20, 2019

“A very positive and reliable VPN experience”

ProsI really like how easy to use it is. A small and simple software without any unnecessary extra bows or ribbons. I originally got this as a free trial several years ago and it has been the main VPN software that I've used ever since. You can pay for the service per month, quarterly, or annually, and the monthly cost is lowered for longer subscriptions. I am now on my fourth annual subscription and still have very few complaints. Fantastic customer service! I had to contact them last year due to a problem I was having with accessing a tv service. I called tech support and my issue was resolved within minutes. They explained why I was having the issue and walked me through how to change my setting and what it all meant. The smart location option when connecting is really helpful and always connects me to the fastest option for internet speed. I like that you can also run a speed test to check the current download and upload speeds for all the other locations offered. If your connection ever drops you get a notification immediately and it blocks all internet traffic until the connection is reestablished again - an awesome feature for peace of mind! I mostly use ExpressVPN on my macbook, but sometime use it on my phone and tablet. My experience using their apps has been just as pleasant.
ConsI have very little negative to say about this software, and I can be particularly picking when I'm paying for a subscription based service. One issue I have been experiencing recently is that the connection drops momentarily when ever I connect my iphone to my computer via a USB cable.
March 20, 2019
Opeyemi O.
English Teacher
December 6, 2018

“Express vpn review ”

ProsPrivacy; as someone looking to stay low on the internet without detection of your activities and exploits, express vpn is the best of the best to get the job done, there's a long list of encryption put in place to ensure the smallest of details about you doesn't get out to anyone who's looking to make illegitimate money off your privacy. Logging; this is a lot more like privacy but here, you're not fighting against external forces i.e hackers trying to pry into your activities, here, the battle is against a known friend. As against other vpns, express vpn operate from a country that does not require the business to submit a report of their customers internet activities for whatever reason. This is a win situation for the increasing user base. Speed; vpn shifts your worry from privacy issue to network speed issue but with express vpn, there has been nothing to worry about as internet connection remains as swift as ever. Extended features; with express vpn, you get a cross platform client that's for every popular smartphone and personal computer operating system anf it is easy to download as all you will need to do is login to your dashboard and a download link for the right client for the device you are using at the moment will pop up. Even better, you can save yourself the hassle of encrypting your whole browsing experience with the use of express vpn extensions which helps to keep your activities secluded to just your browser.
ConsPricing; the pricing for this vpn client is not what you can call exorbitant but it is surely above average and its making a lot of users scamper to cheaper alternatives. Maximum connections allowed; with express vpn, you are only privy to being logged in from 3 devices, anything outsides of that is an impossibility, a feature which leaves you stranded if your plan is to subscribe for family usage.
December 6, 2018
Imadur Rozan S.
Student
Architecture & Planning, 501-1000 employees
August 31, 2019

“Go infinity and beyond!”

OverallOverall this is the fastest VPN app i've ever used according to my experience and usage. it let me open many famous restricted and exclusive web like reddit and some other webs as these webs have so much interesting discussion and information that can't be found on other websites due to its large community base, yet this app doesn't trace any of your privacy or web activities and keep you safe from being tracked or hacked while browsing, this app worth the bucks!
ProsLots of things, it has the basic function just like most of VPN apps, you can surf on web without having to worry too much about being track and trace by hacker or anonymous whether you're on phone or deskop, this app is available on multiple platform and operating system! if you're the person who seek for faster VPN connection, this is the app. And no matter where you live, this app will let you open any web without extra effort like adding private dns because some famous webs are blocked and restricted to some countries like Reddit.
Consdespite the high speed connection this app offer, the subscription fee of this app is quite pricy compare to the rest of other VPN apps. if you just want to change the IP address or opening some blocked webs and not a long term user, you might want to consider the price you have to pay. Also, there are some bugs on smartphone device version like the app keep starting by itself even with the auto start turned off which cause battery drain on some occasion.
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2019

“Works everywhere, works easily”

OverallI work for an international business that frequently needs to test content performance and scheduling tools across the world. With ExpressVPN, I'm able to easily conduct all of that testing from the comfort of my desk, within minutes.
ProsFrequently, I need to check web content performance from IP addresses around the world, and ExpressVPN is perfect for my purposes. It's simple to use, works quickly, and I've never experienced any IP leaks, which is huge. I also like the variety of devices and services supported by this software. At work and at home, I have installed and used ExpressVPN on multiple computers, phones, and even Android TV boxes, and it works easily and flawlessly every time. ExpressVPN also works for accessing region-locked services that some other prominent VPN software can't access.
ConsI had a strange issue with ExpressVPN reconnecting upon my laptop being turned on, despite that feature being disabled. It seems to have stopped, but it made for some minor annoyance on more than one occasion.
Damilola M.
April 26, 2019

“Express Vpn”

ProsExpress VPN has been my number one vpn for a long time, in terms of speed, user friendly and good functional mobile app. Express Vpn has great security features with 24/7 customer support on chat. When I was introduced to Express Vpn what really prompted me to subscribe was their 30 day money back guarantee because I had it at the back of my mind in case express vpn disappoint I will surely request for my money back which I didn't because their service was great.
ConsExpress Vpn is costly compare to other great vpn in the market and express vpn only allows maximum of three device connection for a subscription at a time, other vpn allow more than 3 device connection. When three connection is reached and I want to connect another device I will have to disconnect one from the three connected devices.
April 26, 2019
Kinan J.
Customer Service Agent
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 17, 2019

“It does its job well”

OverallOverall it is a great application that does basically one thing. Hide your IP. It doesn't need to do anything else.
ProsBasically it is what it is. A VPN application that you can use to hide your IP as you are browsing the internet and it does its job so well without any issues whatsoever. It is basically great.
ConsIf you do not update it you might face some issues with your application. I have faced issues with half of the app was black.
October 17, 2019
Kasey B.
Adjunct Professor of Political Science
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
April 30, 2018

“I literally use this software everyday”

OverallI've tried almost every single VPN, and these are the best I've ever used. Stick with Express, don't waste your time on any other VPN that could expose your data.
ProsI 100% cannot recommend this software more. I use it daily, it protects my network for anything I'm trying to do. Super easy to setup, doesn't straddle bandwidth, they delete all the meta data, and I've never once gotten any privacy notice while using this software . It's also one of the cheapest companies out there for what you get, pretty much just hit the On/off button and it does the rest. Never needed to contact support, but they were quick in helping me when I needed assistance.
ConsIt doesn't get through some of the video networks like Hulu or netflix if you are trying to access content from outside the country or to access content from other counties. I've literally don't know any software gets around that though.
April 30, 2018
Suzanne S.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
August 31, 2019

“Generally good but not perfect”

ProsIt is pretty easy to set up and use. For one subscription, I can install it on both my phone and my computer, and it functions the same in either place. I also really love how many different countries it has servers in, so I am usually able to find one close to where I need it for that day.
ConsI've caught it a few times where it said I was connected to a server in one city, but when I looked up my current IP address, it showed a completely different city in the same country. So if you need to be precise with exactly where your IP is coming from, this might not be the service for you. Updating the software to new versions when updates come out is also more cumbersome than it should be. You click on the update, and it takes you to the website to download and install the update yourself. There is no auto update.
Tim C.
Family Life Pastor
April 11, 2018

“Easy to use and effective software to protect your identity”

ProsExpressVPN is as simple to use as anything on the market. It's large "power" button interface and it's automatic disconnect feature that cuts off your internet connection if the VPN loses connectivity make it simple for people with no networking or VPN experience previously. It effectively protects your IP address and identity at a time when that kind of private information is bought and sold through online companies for advertising and other purposes. It is also useful in viewing content that is regional specific or logging into work networks that require a local IP address as you can select what region you want to be in. It takes the complexity out of a relatively complex approach to online interactions. Even the simple included Speed Test is a nice touch for making sure your VPN is an optimal distance from your actual location.
ConsThe only drawback is the price. There are other, cheaper options available if you know a little about VPN's already. However, I would add that this is still the most intuitive and practical interface available. So in my opinion it is worth a few extra dollars.
April 11, 2018
August 2, 2019

“The best VPN out there (This one actually works with netflix) ”

OverallGreat, easy to use a top notch customer support team and the ease of mind that gives using a VPN is great. And for me one of the biggest points on favor as I mentioned is that you can actually use Netflix with this VPN.
Pros- Customer support is great: Setting up things like tv's, and other devices can be tricky but the customer support team guided me all along. - Your internet speed doesn't suffer, I didn't noticed any drop in speed while connected to the VPN - Apps for all platforms and connecting is really fast using them - Really secure
ConsIt can be a bit pricy compared with the other options in the market. But it has great security, has the plus of working with netflix and the customer support is great too.
August 2, 2019
Srikar K.
Research Analyst
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“ExpressVPN - a very useful software for the people who appreciate its value”

OverallExpressVPN fundamentally has a very limited use case that's noticeable for most people. Unless you have domain restrictions on your internet or you want access to content that's not native to your country, you're likely getting this for "security." It's a bit expensive for my tastes considering I don't exactly have any of the above use cases occurring regularly.
ProsIt's incredibly easy to spin up and use expressVPN and it works like a charm. The VPN experience is pretty seamless and works pretty much anywhere I go. When traveling internationally, it's incredibly reliable as well.
ConsIt seems expensive for the amount I use it. I never really have any restricted domains at work or personally, so that use case isn't very meaningful to me. I sometimes use it to access content not native to the US but that's few and far between. I ultimately probably wouldn't pay the ~100/year fee if I didn't get an initial discount.
Iyanu V.
November 7, 2018

“Best and Fastest VPN on Mobile and Desktop”

ProsYou can't go wrong with the ExpresVPN quality, the speed and security are very reliable that it even connects on low networks. It allows users to choose their preferred network connection protocol and there is no IP leak (even webRTC), it takes care of everything automatically.
ConsShutting down or Sleeping a PC can cause a big disturbing issue if you are connected to an ExpressVPN location and have network lock on. It doesn't disable network lock automatically, you have to do it manually and it might not be easy.
November 7, 2018
June 1, 2019

“Traveling securely with a laptop made easy”

OverallI took a trip to Central Europe several months ago and was taking my laptop. Being paranoid, I was concerned about my laptop getting hacked when I used public wifi. ExpressVPN offers pretty reasonable/competitive pricing and after reading a lot of reviews, I liked the easy install and configuration options. I signed up for their annual plan (which saves you some money) and have used it on my laptop and phone without a problem. I feel a lot more secure when accessing email and logging into websites. I am using it on a Mac so can't speak to the ease of use on Windows - but as far as Macs go, it's really simple to set it up and get it going.
ProsIt was very easy to set up an account and get it installed and initially configured.
ConsCan be tricky to refine initial configuration
June 1, 2019
November 29, 2018

“Express VPN: My review”

OverallAs an online networker express vpn helps with server switches and helps create a perfect working experience. I particularly enjoyed the 30-day money back option and was glad i didn't have to ask for a refund. Additionally the quick and ever ready customer response is amazing and top notch. The software comes highly recommended
Proslooking for a vpn with over 80 countries' server from the UK to the US? then express vpn is your go to software. Fast and reliable. It is also easy to switch between servers without loosing your work. They also offer a 30-day money back feature which was precisely what endeared me to the software in the first instance.
Conswhen you own a system with limited storage space and less than 2gb RAM then you might experience that express vpn freezes occasionally and you might have to always force shut the software which might interfere with your work.
November 29, 2018
Ken W.
Associate Warden
January 16, 2018

“You get what you pay for.”

ProsI love that you can flash your router with this software and not have to worry about it anymore. Additionally, if, for some reason, the vpn goes down, no traffic goes through at all. You are forced to log into the system to correct the issue - all the time your traffic is secured. If you set up the software through your router, everything is protected without worry of going over the number of active connections.
ConsThe cost is higher than other options although not as efficient as ExpressVPN. Further, you do lose quite a bit of bandwidth using this VPN. Connecting through the VPN yields a speed of ~50Mbps vs ~230Mbps without a vpn on the same network.
January 16, 2018
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
August 24, 2019

“Essential for Multinational Organizations!”

OverallMy overall experience with ExpressVPN has been pretty solid thus far and I believe that this is the service that I will continue to be using for a while for my VPN needs. I would reccomend for others to give this a try if they require such a service.
ProsExpressVPN is a great tool for any organization that has operations in multiple countries. As a nonprofit organization that operates programs in multiple African countries, a lot of traveling happens throughout different countries. As a result, we must rely on ExpressVPN to continuously be able to use services and websites that we rely on despite wherever we may be. What I really like about ExpressVPN is how we can choose what country we want to be set in so that we can continuously get reliable VPN service.
ConsWhat I liked the least about ExpressVPN is that sometimes it can be unreliable and during these times, I turn to free alternatives that sometimes work better. I think that for a service that charges a pretty high subscription fee, ExpressVPN does need to improve its service for some locations so that it can be more reliable for users. In addition, it can also take a long time to connect to a VPN at times.
August 24, 2019
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
February 4, 2019

“This is the one ”

OverallI've had nothing but positive experiences with ExpressVPN - would not do without it.
ProsI tried a couple of VPN providers but Hulu and Netflix were outwitting them. Discovered ExpressVPN on a search for a solution. Wow it is great. Easy to configure and run (I have tablets, laptops and Apple TV). Great online support when I stumbled. Highly recommended.
ConsWell cost is always a downer, but this is reasonable value.
February 4, 2019
O. Kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 employees
April 19, 2019

“One of the best VPNs if not the best... ”

OverallHelps me hide my IP addresses due to the nature of my work. My anonymity is very important and thanks to Express VPN.
ProsI constantly need VPN to hide my IP address due to the nature of my work, and Express VPN has been up to the task. I have used some other VPN services in the past, but this is by far the best for me. Anonymity is very high and consistent as well.
ConsI think the price is a bit high, my personal opinion though. And I would love to have a lifetime access deal sometime in the future.
April 19, 2019
Lissa Y.
Hospitality, Self-employed
March 28, 2019

“Best VPN I've tried”

ProsThis VPN is more stable than others I've tried. I rarely have an issue with a site recognizing I'm using a VPN. Works seamlessly with everything I do online. Well worth the money! EXCELLENT customer service!
ConsI only had a glitch once while loading on a new device. Customer service walked me through it in minutes.
March 28, 2019
Daniella A.
PR & Social Media Team Lead
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2019

“The most reliable VPN I've used”

OverallIf the idea of a VPN sounds intimidating to you, I would highly recommend ExpressVPN. It's super simple to use and certainly beats out the free alternatives.
ProsI actually wrote a review about different VPNs for the website I write for. I tested out a number of VPNs, and I found that ExpressVPN was the best. It's the only VPN I use in my personal life. Once you download the app and set up an account, you just choose the location, click the button, and just like that it's as if you're in a different location. This has been super helpful when researching region-specific things like internet and cable. Oh, and I also use this to watch NBA games on NBA League Pass.
ConsI honestly don't have much to say. It would be nice if it was free, but I'm fine coughing up the few bucks every month for the service.
April 17, 2019
Suzanne M.
Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
August 12, 2019

“The best VPN I've tried”

OverallI use ExpressVPN every single day and depend on it greatly. It is the best I have tried by far of about five options.
ProsFast, diverse, and stable. I depend on ExpressVPN daily and it is consistently excellent.
ConsSometimes there are connection issues, but the same is true with any VPN.
August 12, 2019
Muhammad S.
Lead Talent Sourcer for Account / Project Management & Business Development
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
January 2, 2019

“Perfect VPN | Express VPN”

OverallSimply the best VPN of the world with cheapest available rate. Perfect in security and easy to change locations. I am simply in love with it.
Pros* Tight Security * Easy to use * Click through location change * Low in rate * King of the VPN
Cons* Nothing * I don't hate this software * I hate haters
January 2, 2019
April 4, 2018

“Was looking for the best VPN for personal use and this is it!”

OverallKnowing my information is always secured is a huge weight off of my shoulders.
ProsThe best part is all of the features that come with this software. You are easily able to install the software on multiple devices and it functions perfectly across the board. I love that the VPN automatically re-connects once I wake my laptop back up, so that, my information is always secured.
ConsIf there were any, I'd say price. But for everything that you are getting, I really can't complain. Some other VPN programs are less expensive but you really need to look at what you are giving up by going with someone else.
April 4, 2018
Nathan P.
Young Adult & Communications Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2017

“The Best VPN I've used”

ProsI've tried many VPNs. I've been willing to pay for a more secure/private connection, but too often it came at the price of speed. Videos and video conferencing were often unusable on other VPNs. However, when I tried ExpressVPN, there was almost no difference in speed. I actually felt like some sites loaded faster! Also, the fact that you can use it on multiple devices is a huge plus.
ConsI've been using ExpressVPN daily and the only issue I have is that some sites like Walmart will block you because it sees the VPN IP address as a spam/blacklisted IP.
December 21, 2017
October 1, 2019

“ExpressVPN is your first choice for China”

OverallA little bit expensive compared to competitors but a very good software
Pros- Works well in China (Personally i tried in Beijing, Shanghai and Harbin) - A lot of servers available - Ideal to get a national IP address to use catchup TV
Cons- Sometimes the VPN are not working for few hours (during Chinese holidays) but the support is working quickly to get it back online
October 1, 2019
David G.
July 20, 2019

“It consistently works very well.”

OverallExcellent, reliable software that does what I expect it to do.
ProsI am lucky enough to be able to work out of office on a regular basis. I use ExpressVPN to protect my system, it connects well and quickly and stays connected. It does everything it says it will do and it does it very well.
ConsIt is a wee bit more expensive than the other vendors but I think it is worth it.
July 20, 2019
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
July 19, 2019

“The best and the easiest VPN to use”

OverallHelps me connect when needed
ProsThe best VPN I have ever used. Never thought the customer experience could be so great for a software like VPN. Not just the software in itself, which is easy to use across devices, but the customer service provided by the team is amazing. And they are always available to help you resolve your problem. They are constantly aware of the problems in your region and working to improve the experience.
ConsThe only one thing that I would expect more is the number of available servers
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“ExpressVPN”

OverallMy experience with it is very good. Not faced any problem, and even if there was any it got resolved in few minutes.
ProsThis is best Application by far that i have used. Its actually a blessing for people like me. Its is so easy to use and the connectivity is amazingly strong from all the location. However, the best thing about it is its customer support system. I have not yet come across any customer support system as quick, friendly and active as this one.
ConsNothing as of now, i am very impressed by this Application
Kokky T.
Operations Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2018

“I love Express VPN”

OverallThey genuinely wonderful and they have the best customer service
ProsIts ease of use and Accessibility it works across all my devices from my macbook to my ipad and my apple tv and my iphone, it has no down time and you can access the internet from everywhere
ConsNothing at all, its sad to say but their customer service and the manner by which they help you step by step is amazing
September 10, 2018
Laura A.
Cantante - Animadora musical
May 15, 2018

“Meets what it offers and at a good price”

OverallIt fulfills what it promises in its offers
ProsI recently started using Express Vpn to access pages where i have created accounts but i can not log in with an IP address from Venezuela, so when I'm in my country and i need to login in these pages, i connect through Express Vpn, it's a safe and reliable software, offers privacy of navigation and speed, also has a good support of customer service and offers several price plans that are very accessible.
ConsIt is very important to know that although ExpressVpn is excellent and complies with what it offers, if your traditional internet connection service is pretty bad as it is mine, you may have problems with the proper functioning of ExpressVpn, now even though my Traditional internet service is terrible, ExpressVpn has worked well, that means i have good luck or that ExpressVpn is actually better than i already think it is.
May 15, 2018
Henry R.
Website Designer
Design, 1-10 employees
May 17, 2019

“Unlock the Internet with this VPN”

OverallI live in a country where the internet is controlled by the government and multiple social media channels and payment platforms are blocked or limited daily for all the users. Since I use ExpressVPN, I've been able to break these walls, managing my payments as a freelancer online and fighting against censorship in my own country while navigating with the best internet speed I'm physically able to.
ProsExpressVPN has one of the easiest and intuitive interfaces I've found in a VPN Software, with only one click you change your IP to a high-speed server that you can pick from a list of over +30 Different locations not to mention the awesome "smart location" feature that shows you the best place to connect according to the Speed you'll get.
ConsI think their software is kind of "heavy" compared to other VPNs in the market and can be a bit pricy if you are looking for a VPN for non-professional usage (like recreation).
MARIA L.
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATE
June 5, 2018

“FOR ME, IT`S THE BEST VPN SOFTWARE.”

ProsIT CAN BE USED ON MY ROUTER. IT HAS A LOT OF LOCATION OPTIONS. tHE INTERFACE IS VERY INTUITIVE. IT'S SIMPLE TO INSTALL AND SIMPLE TO USE. IT KEEPS ME SAFE. EXCEPTIONALLY FAST SPEEDS. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
ConsI REALLY LIKE THE PRODUCT, I HAVEN'T HAD ANY ISSUES USING IT. IT WORKS VERY WELL FOR ME. THE ONLY THING, IT'S A LITTLE EXPENSIVE.
June 5, 2018
JOSE L.
salesperson
Automotive, 51-200 employees
April 10, 2018

“It's the best VPN software I've ever used. . it's reliable.”

OverallIT MAKES MY JOB EASIER. I CAN CONNECT SECURELY TO MANY PAGES, INCLUDING MY BANK ACCOUNT.
ProsIt doesn't affect YOUR internet speed. You can connect from a huge amount of locations. It's very easy to use. Just few clicks and voila. You can use it for Netflix, you tube and other services that are blocked in your country. I've tried a lot of VPN softwares and this one for me is the best of the best.
ConsThe price, but if you want a reliable vpn, you should pay for it. the configuration is a little tricky.
April 10, 2018
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 11, 2018

“Express VPN is an easy and efficient program that allows you to securely access private networks.”

OverallI was able to access the US network while abroad in Asia. This allowed me to watch all of my favorite shows and movies while away in a foreign country.
ProsThe application is simplified to make switching networks simple and fast. The design of the app allows the user to very clearly understand which signal is best for every occasion.
ConsThe program occasionally loses connection and the process must be restarted. Often times, This requires either restarting the entire application, which can take some time.
July 11, 2018
Clayton S.
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2018

“Super fast torrenting VPN”

ProsJust like the title says, super fast for torrenting over VPN. Ideal if you do this a lot, which i definitely do.
ConsThey do keep SOME logs, but they're kept in the British Virgin Islands. The only other con I can think of is that it's more expensive than some of the other options.
February 15, 2018
Ben B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 29, 2019

“ExpressVPN is a nice VPN, but I found a cheaper solution”

OverallExpressVPN is a good VPN solution, though it is more expensive than alternatives.
ProsExpressVPN works well. It's stable, easy to use, and does everything a VPN should do (keep your traffic secure). It's also available on mobile, which is a huge benefit for modern travel and business. Another feature I thought was brilliant was the browser-specific plug-ins. This makes it very easy for less technically literate users to stay secure while they browse, as VPN button is always in their field of view.
ConsThe main reason I did not continue my trial of ExpressVPN is that it is more expensive than another alternative product. On price alone, ExpressVPN was not compelling. But it also came down to personal preference. ExpressVPN's design/UI was not as enjoyable as the alternative solution, so I chose elsewhere. Of course, some users might prefer ExpressVPN's more straight-laced design, so be sure to give it a try.
July 29, 2019
Brandi W.
LPN
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
May 20, 2019

“Amazing software!”

ProsMy husband introduced me to this software. It is great as it is very secure and provides a very strong encryption to ensure your privacy needs are met. Also, it allows for multiple users on an account so this is very convenient for our family. The best part is that it unblocks Netflix in the US!
ConsHas some minor connection issues at times, but not enough to deter me from using this everyday.
May 20, 2019
Gabriel C.
Web Developer
201-500 employees
July 25, 2018

“Very good VPN service”

ProsEfficiency satisfies my expectations. Exceptional upload and download time, low latency and strong streaming. You have more than a hundred servers striving to keep your Netflix film a smooth experience. And you can link approximately 3 gadgets in one account.
ConsI do not actually like the support - client action time. Client assistance isn't really easily offered. Be patience and you'll be served.
July 25, 2018
Higher Education, Self-employed
January 13, 2019

“Security and high speed ”

OverallI have contacted the customer support 2 times because the Brazil vpn was not working and they helped me out promptly to resolve the issue.
ProsExpress VPN is really easy to use, secure and does not slow down your internet connection. You basically only need to press a button to turn it on or off in your device. I use it in my laptop, cellphone ( iOS) and computer and it's been working great. You can also share with friends because it allows you to use It in 2 devices simultaneously.
ConsFor more than one time I tried to set my IP to Brazil and it was unavailable. It was frustrating because I wanted to watch a Brazil show that is only available if you are in Brazil. I contacted the customer support and they help me out promptly.
January 13, 2019
September 30, 2019

“Simple but comprehensive solution for data protection”

OverallMy overall experience is great. The service gives the peace of mind that my and my teams' data is protected.
ProsExpressVPN does exactly what it promises: protects your data and privacy. It is a great insurance policy against bad actors.
ConsThey could have made it a little easier to understand exactly what the service does. I don't have any complaints now that its up and running
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
November 24, 2018

“Extremely Easy to Change Locations”

OverallThis solved my need to hide my ip. I have two different accounts for one of the online auction sites and I have to use this to change my ip so I can access them both.
ProsThe ease of changing locations is literally the click of a button. The software is very easy to understand once installed. You have a huge connected button and you click once to connect or disconnect from the service at that ip. You connect to locations all around the world. It does not seem to slow down my browsing at all while protecting my privacy.
ConsOccasionally I will get a hiccup and it will stall out while changing locations and I have to force quit. Not often enough to stop me from usage but is slightly annoying.
November 24, 2018
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
November 23, 2018

“Browse with no fear”

OverallSolves almost every kind of browsing problems and gives you a different smooth browsing experience with its security features which ensures protection to your computer or mobile phone
ProsI first used ExpressVPN in my mobile phone. i still remember that i was facing unwanted error and virus problems and disturbing surfing experience, but the i came across this application which solved my most of the browsing problems just in one go. And its is as good as the mobile application when you switch it to PC. One must use this because it solves almost every browsing problem that one gets while browsing.
ConsIt is free for a period of time but believe me pay for it because it is worth paying.
November 23, 2018
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
August 2, 2018

“Helped me bypassed the Great Firewall of China! ”

OverallBest VPN for jumping the firewall in China
ProsI do long trips to mainland China often, and the great firewall has always been an issue as it blocks gmail so I couldn't work properly. Some VPNs worked great, but by my next visit it became so slow it's unusable. ExpressVPN has been the most consistent one so far. It has many VPN locations with really good connection, and has apps so you can use it easily on your phone as well.
ConsThe mainland china VPNs when accessed in the US is slower than I like it to be, but otherwise it's great!
August 2, 2018
massimo f.
Assistant Professor
July 6, 2018

“Very dependable and easy to use”

ProsConnection speed of most fo the servers is really fast. GUI is very intuitive, it offers full control on the most important settings, and it is clean. I like that you can save a list of favorite servers. It feels like security really matters to the developers.
ConsExpensive, otherwise it would certainly be a top choice for many. Initial set up can take a bit. Other software provide an easier first installation. At the same time, ExpressVPN allows for a better customization of some key settings.
July 6, 2018
March 8, 2018

“One of the best VPM services I have used”

OverallIt gives you access to various services you might not be able to use when you are abroad.
ProsVery easy software to use with a simple user screen which all people can operate. You can select between 94 countries
ConsExpress VPN is not a freeware hence you need to pay for a subscription, but you are allowed to use it on five unties which is great.
March 8, 2018
Florencia S.
Relaciones Internacionales / Economía Aplicada
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
August 7, 2019

“I would have chosen another VPN”

OverallIt was ok but it did not solve my specific needs. Now, I dont use it because I came back to my country and I dont need a VPN. But in the future, if I need one, I'm sure that I would research more.
ProsIt's easy to associate. You only go to the website and complete a form with your personal and credit card information. And then it's automatic. It's easy to cancel the membership, too. I used it when I was living abroad, and when I have to come back to my country I only finished it. It's a very understandable App. U only have to choose the country u want and then press the "connect" button.
ConsThe worst part was that I could not use Netflix when the VPN was on. And I paid it because my first needed was to see the Netflix of my country (Netflix is really different by country). I read in internet (opinions) that there are other VPNs with which Netflix could be seen.
August 7, 2019
Banking, 10,001+ employees
February 11, 2019

“my review for ExpressVPN”

Overalliam using it for browsing internet safely and express vpn is doing great so far.
Prosvery easy to use with so many locations to choose from and the speed test feature is awesome.
Consthis product is great iam using it since more than 6 months with no issues at all.
February 11, 2019
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2019

“Simply the best VPN tool”

ProsFree trial available Extremely easy to use Great customer support 24/7 Endless number of VPN locations 30-day money back guarantee Fast, save and secure
ConsA little bit more expensive than other tools, but it's worth it!
June 7, 2019
Abhishek A.
Senior Product Manager
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
May 12, 2019

“Easy to connect VPN, also works on multiplatforms”

Pros- Security - Good Speed - Easy to disconnect - Customer Service - Works on Multiplatforms including firmware which can be set up on Routers
Cons- Expensive - Number of concurrent devices is restricted
May 12, 2019
Precious E.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“ExpressVPN - Easy VPN Solution”

ProsExpressVpn is an easy to use VPN service. It is relatively cheap, and supports multiple platforms. Its servers are mostly not blacklisted, and provide almost complete protection. Each subscription supports up to three cross-platform simultaneous connections and multiple subscriptions can be purchased per account for connection of more devices. They have one of the best online customer support services, and various payment methods, ranging from credit and debit cards to bitcoin.
Cons3 devices is a bit too few for the price of a single subscription, 5 devices being the norm for most VPN providers. Also, even with VPN connected some sites which are location specific still don't load even when that location is connected to.
December 13, 2018