Acrobat Reader DC Ratings

Overall

About Acrobat Reader DC

Free PDF reader that allows users to view, sign, annotate, and print PDF documents. Learn more about Acrobat Reader DC

Lynn B.
Attorney
Law Practice, Self-employed
September 9, 2019

“Costly but necessary”

OverallOverall, I don't think I could do business efficiently (or at all) without Adobe. It is required for so many websites that I interact with, as well as forms that I need to download for my law practice. I am not happy that it is an ongoing subscription instead of a flat fee, but ultimately it is worth having.
ProsI like all the functions that are available in Adobe (I have been using Adobe Acrobat DC, which might be a different version of Adobe Reader DC). Adobe has a lot of functionality and it relatively easy to use. It is a necessity for doing business in my opinion because so many downloads and websites require it.
ConsI don't like that I have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I would prefer to pay one flat fee for a product instead of paying in perpetuity for it. Also, I have run into a few snags with the functionality of it. When filling in documents, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes - fonts change, spacing changes, typing goes vertical instead of horizontal. It can be frustrating at times.
September 9, 2019
Elias Alirio M.
Facilitator
Consumer Services, 5001-10,000 employees
June 21, 2019

“Best PDF reader”

OverallAs a reader and option for studying, and storing PDF documents with highlightes information, I would not ever change this option. Nothing can be perfect, but the experience with this software is good enough for me!
ProsI often deal with performance and profile reviews at my workplace with a lot of information to read, but with some focus points to mainly keep in mind. With Adobe Reader, I am able to highlight specific pieces of information permanently in an existing PDF document and save it for future review. It allows me to make these highlights in different colors and also add notes with different symbols, whose colors can also be modified. This is great because it helps me prioritize information and ensure my focus is where it needs to be. I am also studying online and I have found these features incredibly useful for note taking in my PDF documents. On my desktop, I like how Adobe keep records of the last documents I have been dealing with which I can easily access from its initial window. If you can access your personal cloud, you are able to access documents across devices in case you need to do that.
ConsI like the coloring features, but I would like that the desktop options to change colors were as easy to perform as it is to perform on my iPad. A few extra clicks are extra effort that though it is worthwhile, it is effort I would rather not have. Obviously then its reading limitation is something that could be improved. Modifications or direct notes on documents are not as easy to perform and often require other software to do so.
June 21, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 15, 2019

“Have your personal library in your mobile.”

OverallI highly recommend this applications for readers like me. Its very handy easy to understand and use.
ProsAdobe has become the standard pdf viewer in many industries. Not only i use adobe for official work but also for my personal needs. This is an excellent tool for the people are in to reading like me. Rather then surfing in internet my hobby is reading novels and short stories during my leisure time for that this software is a handy tool to use. And also this app is less complex than the other readers i have used so far. It has the feature of book marking the pages so u can easily resume and highlighting the importent notes.if u are getting the premium version you can njoy much more cool features than this like editing and organizing your pdf. As a free application this is perfect to me.
ConsThere are not much cons regarding this app. But i feel it should be more attractive and eye friendly cause we literally use this app for hours. And also they can have a good customer support.
June 15, 2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
June 3, 2019

“Best PDF Reader all around”

OverallOverall this is a wonderful product which has everything a daily basic user needs to read a pdf file. Thouhg there are other pdf readers out there, I would recommend this as a first option to anyone.
ProsAcrobat reader is one of the most used pdf reader in the industry. Adobe is a great company and their product is of top tier. Best feature is that you can get the acrobat reader for free and start reading pdf documents at once. It is very easy to use and I can zoom in and out at ease without compromising the quality of the text and readability. Though we do not have the full version I can still highlight texts and comment on different sections of the document and share that with my colleagues. Acrobat reader. I have used the premium version a few times and that is jam packed with a lot more features. If one can spend money on license premium version gives access to editing the pdf, converting to pdf, merging and splitting the documents and so on. premium version also can take a pdf document that does not have a recognizable text and analyze and convert it to one. Not many people know about this feature but it super nice when one is dealing with scanned documents. Acrobat reader is also available on app platform and hence once can access documents on phone or tablet as well.
ConsThe biggest feature I do not like about acrobat on the free version is that I cannot re save the document on top of the old one and overwrite it. I always have to save it as a new filename and go back the delete the old copy. It is a small price to pay for the features but it does become annoying. Besides that in the premium version acrobat reader does not have the option to compress files so the size can be decreased. It becomes an issue when there are too many graphical images on the file and it becomes too big to email and share among peers.
June 3, 2019
samuel t.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
May 21, 2019

“Free, Easy to Use and it Gets the Job Done ”

OverallAcrobat Reader has been my only PDF reader since I started using PC. Even when I changed to another option, I always find myself not satisfied. Acrobat Reader is exactly what you need if you need a software that can edit a PDF file, convert your PDF file to another format, create PDF from images and other features that you will find amazing. The interface is easy to understand, no complicated functions that will take you time to learn. The paid version give access to some complex functions but if you don't need them, you don't have to paid for the service, the free version works just great.
ProsAcrobat Reader makes interaction with PDF files an easy thing. No technical experience needed, doesn't matter if you are familiar with any adobe software, Acrobat Reader is very easy to use. Acrobat Reader is most popular for the ability to Edit PDF files, a remarkable experience if you ask, this feature have been very useful for my business, as a graphic designer that work on cover design, I have used this tool to correct some text errors without necessary using Photoshop all over again. With the editing options, i can also add or replace images right on the platform. What I love most about the software is the cross platform software usage, a PDF made on Windows PC can be edited on a MacBook without damaging the file's structure. it's very user friendly Acrobat Reader also makes it easy to create PDF file by just grouping images together, i can convert my images into one single PDF file and save it, there is also option to convert PDF file to another format, including Word & PowerPoint format. As a graphic designer, the software has helped me in my daily work and still helping. It offers more features that comes handy whenever I need them.
ConsMy first complaint about Acrobat Reader will be the big gap between the Free version and the Paid version. The free version only handle basic functions while the Paid version however offers complex functions which are thing you might need on a daily basis. Also the software is a little slow when dealing with big files. I noticed that opening of cover designs are mostly slow, the software reads the file's layers one after the other, which will take few seconds to complete depending on the file's size.
May 21, 2019
Özgür E.
Product Development Supervisor
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
May 9, 2019

“Provide lots of features within different pricing options including the free version”

OverallIn overall, this program gets the job done with small effort. You have flexibility to edit pdf files (this is a must for pdf readers). You can save to your hard drive or into cloud. IOS and Android support is a great plus. The interface is quite simple (I would prefer more customized tab orientation; but this is also fine) Rarely it slows down or clashes (mainly on IOS platform; but also Windows) and sync issues might be happening. But I thing these do not shadowing the overall performance. Adobe Reader DC is one of the must-to-have software in your computer or mobile device.
ProsI like a couple of key features with Adobe Reader DC. Well, firstly fill & sign feature is a great and interesting addition. When you click, you are asked to open a file (with mobile version even you can take a photo of the form and start after creating pdf file) and then you can add any note, name, date and your own signature. Signature can be drawn, or selected from the available template. This is more useful as it doesn't require a subscription. Other tools such as edit pdf, create pdf, export pdf or combine pdf are also great and what you really need to manage pdf files. You can even add digital signature or stamp (not sure if will be required) to the documents. Apart from the features, I like the interface of Acrobat Reader DC. It is really sleek and elegant; which at the end makes your eyes comfortable even after some hours spent. Document Cloud feature comes with paid subscriptions and provides 20GB storage. Seems reasonable; but not sure if enough for big organizations. Program has mobile versions as well; however either IOS a-or Android, these are the scaled versions of desktop app - which is understandable.
ConsThere are really not much to list; but one thing is really frustrating. You cannot add a tab or tool bar on the menu. In order to use the tools such as edit pdf or fill & sign, you have to open a separate function tab and than it asks you to open a file or let you make additional edits. If you want to do several operations, this really makes you tempered time to time. However colorful tool page somehow causes myself to calm down. As called acrobat reader, this is unique to .pdf formats and so other file types are limited. Rarely it cashes or slows down - may be sourced by your device or connection as well. On mobile version it slows down a lot if you open or edit big files.
Scott B.
Product Developer
Design, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Adobe Acrobat Reader DC”

OverallOverall i am extremely satisfied with Acrobat Reader DC. Without it, i cant imagine another program that could create the drawings and documents i use daily at work. Its very easy to print from, and if you get to learn all the shortcuts then it becomes even more efficient to use. Its a wonderful format to create PDF's to then receive and send files via email. Its a very popular format so i have no issues with no one being able to access my work.
ProsI use Acrobat Reader pretty much every day. I produce CAD drawings in PDF format to send to manufacturers and issue internally within our company. The best concept of Adobe Reader is the quality of the text, borders, etc as these are vectorized which means the quality doesn't degrade as you increase the magnification. Also, the PDF page is exactly as the author created it, the text, borders, pictures etc are in exactly the same place as when it was created (like a snapshot) and these dont 'jump' around when it is opened on another machine (like in Word for example). Something i use Acrobat Reader a lot for is editing text on other PDF's. I add a 'sticky note' to anywhere on the PDF doc and add whatever text i want. This is then signed with my name and dated. Other additional people can add their comments also. It is also important to mention I have never had a corrupt PDF file and i have literally created thousands of documents over the course of my career.
ConsI actually dont have any negative comments with this program. Its very quick and reliable and extremely useful in my day to day usage.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
January 14, 2019

“Valuable software at work”

OverallI have been using this software since i start my career and this helped my life easier when dealing with documentations, form filling, merging and resizing. i would recommend this software to all my friends as this would help them as well.
ProsAdobe Acrobat Reader is a very useful and important software for my company and the work that i do regularly. It enables me to display messages and pictures in PDF arrange, a standout amongst the most utilized organizations around the world. In my work is essential to deal with PDF reports, as it is a genuinely decent organization for the introduction of writings, research, and aftereffects of every one of the site investigations we do, our directors dependably ask for data in this sort of configuration. This product changes impeccably to my pace of work, PDF documents are very minimal, don't involve much space on the pc, are simple enough to peruse, and can be secured so other individuals outside my work setting don't duplicate or take the data. this software has the choice to add security to the records, you can hinder the duplicating of the pdf content and you can confirm the report.
ConsOne of the huge issues I have with this product is that it is exceptionally confounded to edit writings. Perhaps you can add some substance to some PDF, yet when you need to include expansive squares of content it turns out to be extremely entangled, and there are other programming that show improvement over PDF records. we can't use it for free and resizing will also be very complecated. but overall it's a good app that will help in all the way specially for a documentation specialist.
January 14, 2019
Muhsina W.
Online Tutor and Communicative English Trainer
Education Management, 51-200 employees
December 9, 2018

“Excellent for Official and personal purposes (About the core version 19.2048)”

OverallI would definitely recommend this to others as it makes the work easier to an extent. :)
ProsThese days , most of the files and documents are shared in the PDF formats which is easier to share, especially via email. As an online tutor and a teacher by profession I have a lots of PDF study materials to be used on a daily basis. The customized Zoom level option helps to view the document in the actual size preferred by the user. The customized Page number option helps to type in the page number and go directly to that particular page. The Save to Adobe Document cloud is much more useful as it helps to save the document to a drive and enables the use to access it from any devices using the login id and password (same as Google Drive, but only PDF files can be uploaded to this cloud). The find text option helps to directly search for that particular sentence or word we are looking for. The high light text option helps to make a quick marking of the important points in a document. The Add sticky note option enables the user to add a note as and when reading the document, the time and date of the note is automatically posted along with the note. User can also add replies or responses to this note as and when needed. As a whole this software is much user friendly and hassle-free. The learning process of using this software isn't time consuming.
Cons1. The trial version and full version is way too different with the options. (Covert to .doc / Edit PDF etc ) are not allowed in the trial version. 2. The price for a month is too high. 3. At times opening a large PDF file ( in my case Books with a 300 pages ) makes the software respond slower.
December 9, 2018
Waleed A.
Doctor
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
September 19, 2018

“the neatest, most stable and fastest reader but”

Overall the most neat and clean PDF reader that need some more features
Prosadobe acrobat reader, just like acrobat itself, is perhaps the most reliable PDF reader. A plethora of readers are available these days and each has it's own advantagees and disadvantages as i am huge reader and always try alternatives, but with my vast experince, i tel one thing for sure, if you want to choose a reader that works smooth, fast and almost never crashes, and if you don't want want to encounter anything messy, then choose acrobat reader. you can compare it's neateness against others just like iOS was neat in comparision to older android versions. You can try opening a large book with for example foxit PDF and then the same with adobe reader, try this again and again, every time adobe reader wins. the colour accuracy is definitely appreciable too. unlike most other readers, which will open books for you and as these load, the book may seem horrible, not because the book is horrible, but the reader's rendering engine is problematic. Never faced this while using acrobat reader. and the global availability of this software makes it a definite "one and only"
Consthe features of this reader are too few compared to some other readers for example foxit PDF. for example, on the iOS version of Adobe reader, it lacks : X text-reflow X crop-mode X text-to-speech etc it also displays files in an odd way if the document has non-standard width-to-length ratio. it does not correct this to fill up the screen so the document looks weird. on PC version, zoom feature will make up for this though. finally, lack of third paty cloud support is sad. for the paid version ,you have to pay more compared to the most famous rival ie foxit phantomPDF
September 19, 2018
Cassie R.
Lead Graphic Designer
Design, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2018

“Considering Upgrading?”

OverallThis program has made it easier to communicate to the clients and help them send back clear constructive feedback, which is key in any business.
ProsThis software makes viewing and editing PDF's a breeze if you need to send this to a client/boss for review and/or editing. This is a great tool for any non-designers unfamiliar with InDesign or whatever program you are using to create PDF's, as it allows for text edits and comments made by the viewer. Many times I would finish a project and send it to a boss who would work on final text edits just by simply using the Edit PDF Feature. The ability to change every element from a PDF to me is remarkable. If you need to make simple PDF's and don't have the time/need/want to learn any other program, Adobe Acrobat Reader is for you. I've also used this program to make an editable PDF (Prepare Form), and while the auto fill isn't perfect, it gets pretty close and saves you valuable time. I normally skip any other programs, and go straight to this one to make an editable form. Another one of my favorite features is the ease of printing straight from Adobe Acrobat Reader, as it has much better features in my opinion than InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Etc. It gives you the option to print multiple pages on one sheet-- something that has been unmeasurably helpful.
ConsUsing the free version compared to the Pro version is so vastly different and could be discouraging to potential customers. If you are editing a PDF and don't have the correct fonts installed, it can get pretty frustrating rather quickly. Although, I don't believe that's any fault of the program, and it is able to recognize the font you are missing so that helps tremendously. One of the hidden jems about this program is that it has an export PDF and convert it to almost any program you need including Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. However, unless your document is more simplistic, it will have trouble perfectly exporting for you, but I still think it's a great feature.
August 15, 2018
Joaquin V.
Web Design & Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
August 5, 2018

“Free, effective and in continuous improvement”

OverallA considerable saving of money, for a limited budget. Do not worry about operating systems and compatibility. Files are distributed and shared easily and quickly. In the future, adopting a more complete workflow based on PDF will be easier and more convenient.
ProsAcrobat Reader has always been a software that has aroused mixed feelings among users: performance, usabilitity and capabilities. Adobe knows this and, although not in a hurry, has been implementing improvements. In the case of Reader DC, definitely, the main improvement has been the user interface, where a nice dark gray predominates that does not strain your eyes and allows you to focus your attention on the document (at least in the latest version for Windows 7). The overall performance of the application has also improved (loading speed and opening documents), at least in the most common and simple tasks. However, it should not surprise anyone that in handling large documents or more complex tasks, this is not noticeable. Total integration with the Adobe Cloud system, which will allow you to have your files wherever you are and to share them with third parties. Despite the great improvements that other similar programs have had, if security and maximum compatibility with the PDF format are important to you, Reader DC should be your first choice. The handling of digital signatures is simple and robust and workflow of documents is almost a standard already.
ConsYou can not edit documents in the free version. Although the cost of subscriptions has become more accessible, the advanced options are still paid (it should not surprise anyone), but each day that passes is worth paying for them. While it is true that they have advanced with the user interface, it seems that with the usability of it not so much. Many tasks are carried out in an unintuitive way, and with the inclusion of new functionalities this problem tends to grow.
August 5, 2018
Jose de Jesus R.
Gerencia de Área Plataforma Tecnológica
July 2, 2018

“My experience using Acrobat Reader DC”

ProsDue to the degree of confidentiality of the information I handle at the institutional level, I require a versatile tool, Acrobat Reader DC, this very clean, simple, minimized version, gives me everything I need to access PDF documents in a quick and easy way. well organized, the technical staff of Adobe has reimbentado the tool, making some major changes to the organization of how to access the documents, has on your left when you open the tool a quick access to the most recent documents, showing if this Locally or in the cloud, we can also access documents locally or in the cloud for those more active documents. Acrobat Reader DC has an endless number of tools, which have been organized in large icons of colors on the right side, we simply click on it and we can access the different options of this tool classification. A security niel is very robust. I would recommend 100%
ConsThis great tool has few disadvantages, despite having well-organized tools, the user with little experience can be a little difficult to know that when opening a document is activated the option of tools at the top, and the click there you will see the large amount of available tools, which are very useful to edit a document or to add some text, as well as protect it. It also has a mini floating toolbar in the lower part, which can disappear if we want it to be anchored in the upper part, it can be uncomfortable for some users to use this floating bar, as well as to deactivate the bar, but it depends on each user and his experience.
July 2, 2018
Zachariah K.
Editor
April 10, 2018

“Want to read a PDF? Then you should use Adobe's own Reader. It works best.”

OverallIt allows me to read PDFs quickly and without fuss. Easy and simple (i like simple). We use it daily to read invoices and final artwork submitted to us. By having the artwork PDF'd and opening it with the same software developers product that we are all seeing the same thing. That's good for everyone as otherwise we could have big disputes resulting in fights over printed or web published artwork from advertisers that's not right and the subsequent fights over money.
ProsFirst off, i like being able to download the product from the manufacturer/developers site directly. This way you feel safe that you are getting the right safe product. Secondly, it just works!!! No funny settings or anything to worry about. Third, the size of the software is small and quick. Click, click and it is in place. Lastly and not to be overlooked is that it is FREE! That's pretty important. If you are making use of PDFs and just want them to open and be readable then this is what you need. (note: you can also get fancy PDF versions from Adobe that do all kinds of extra things). Even with this version you can add notes and things to the PDF and share it with others. It even works on tablets and phones so that's convenient to have cross platform access all on the same program.
ConsI rated customer support as 4 stars (which may be a bit silly since i have never really run into a snag with the program) but i can't rate it 100% without having tried or needed it. There are more fancy versions of the software which you can pay for but i must admit i have not really even needed them (yet). At least they are not pushy about advertising their paid versions all the time.
April 10, 2018
EMEL K.
PD Chassis Supervisor
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
July 18, 2019

“Probably the best software for pdf files management”

OverallIn overall, although Adobe has strong rivals such as Foxit or Sumarta, still should be listed as a top choice for pdf file management. Yes, free version comes with less features; but the overall quality, ease of use and lots of features enables Abobe to take the hot seat. I'm happy to use Adobe Reader in the office as e-signature is a good benefit; but also try alternatives at home for personal usage.
ProsProbably first thing to say about Adobe Reader DC is the lean interface it provides to the users. As the Ribbons and tabs hold very less space, it is easy to view the documents in rest of the remaining screen. Another feature is ability to use one cloud server for your files. This may not be very handy at the office; but becomes a plus while you are travelling or using the mobile version. You can edit, add signature, combine or extract files easily by the broad features in the library. You can take photos and make pdf files or convert the file format. Lastly, mobile versions of Adobe Reader DC are also available to use and you may reach your files from your account if you're using cloud.
ConsOn the negative side, Adobe Reader DC can slow down sometimes and crashes; especially mobile versions while trying to open big files. Happened to me a couple times while using IOS version on my iPad. Rarely may cause sync issues. If you want to open all features or use bigger cloud space; this require additional payment; therefore can be costly. Lastly, this is the app to view or edit .pdf formats; so other formats are likely not much supported.
July 18, 2019
Christian A.
International Trade and Development, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2018

“Acrobat Reader DC - connecting people, ideas and projects”

OverallI work with an international team, sharing documents over the Internet on a daily basis, therefore Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat is a MUST for us. It is an easy to use tool everybody can understand and work with immediatley. I am also wroking with Adobe Acrobat for creating and editing documents, formulars, etc.
ProsAcrobat Reader DC is a standard for sharing Documents with people all over the world. It is a free software everybody can download in the Internet to open PDF-Documents. It is the original and still for me the easiest way to share informations, contracts, illustrations, etc. with my team, with prospects and friends. It is easy to add comments and ideas in this documents and share it with people involved without any problems with program incompability. I love the Acrobat Reader App for my Mobile Phone and the possibility to scan documents and convert to PDF-Files with Adobe Scan.
ConsIt is very hard to find something that I do not like about this software. Especially with the possibility to get the Adobe Acrobat, with which you can create and edit PDF-Documents, for professional use with an Abo-Model, which makes it affordable not only for companies, but for individuals, where you can cancel the subscription monthly. What I wonder is why Adobe still do not have his own software like MS Word, Google Docs, etc.. I have still issues with creating writable formulars, because converting from MS Word to PDF is not hundred percent working. Anyway this critic is about Adobe Acrobat. The Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is amazing.
September 9, 2018
Kristin D.
Course Designer
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
February 5, 2019

“Great features for long-distance documentation”

OverallAcrobat Reader DC is excellent for my editing needs. I can review text, comment, and converse all within the same document. The functions are numerous and intuitive.
ProsI work remotely as an editor and technical writer, so I spend a lot of time working with documents that I need to add comments to, underline passages in, reword and rework, etc. Acrobat Reader makes this process very easy for me using the Comment option. I can highlight in multiple colors, underline, add "sticky notes", and so on. Some of this even happens automatically, if I type in the document or backspace over existing text, the strike through appears or a little tab showing I added text. The comments allow you to quickly see what pages need attention by letting you click on an annotation in the sidebar and navigating directly to the page. You can send annotated versions back and forth and are able to see the document at the same time as you're viewing what others have recommended. I cannot imagine doing my job without it.
ConsHow some bizarre reason, saving can be cumbersome. I often am prompted to Save As when I select Save from the File menu, and sometimes comments get lost. I very much enjoy that I can select the highlight text option and double click on words or select passages, without having to reselect the highlight text option to continue using it. However, the strike through and underline options don't work like this, and have to be reselected every time.
February 5, 2019
Zavud B.
Master Student
Environmental Services, 501-1000 employees
May 9, 2019

“My review for Acrobat Reader DC”

ProsI have been using Acrobat Reader DC for various purposes for a long time. The software is quite handy and very easy to use. As a master student, I am always provided with scientific papers, articles, research projects and data by my professors in the form of PDF files. And to properly view the files I find Acrobat Reader DC the most useful available software. What I enjoy most about using Acrobat Reader DC is that the software does not only enable me to view the files properly, but it lets me make notes/changes and even add something to the file I am reading or working on. Acrobat Reader DC also properly deals with scientific data, graphs and diagrams when I have to work on my scientific research projects. Additionally, I like their cheaper offer if you purchase the annual version and I think it is quite affordable for everyone.
ConsWhat I dislike about Acrobat Reader DC is that the software sometimes does not let me view the files in a proper scale/size. It usually happens when I view my lecture presentations that were created on Microsoft PowerPoint and were converted into PDF files. When I try zooming in the file the texts, pictures and graphs on the file become too large and hard to read. When I do opposite and zoom out for example, they become too small to read. Therefore, it is sometimes hard to have your files in the perfect size/scale in order to read files comfortably.
Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees
December 30, 2018

“Acrobat Reader DC - ease of extracting data tables alone makes it worth it ”

OverallI needed to extract several tables of data from several journal articles for an analysis. I had done this the month before using freeware, but the format was fraught with anomalies, and I soon was wasting time writing Excel macros to fix it. Acrobat Reader DC allowed me to do a similar task in a few minutes by exporting to Excel.
ProsAcrobat Reader DC is a paid version of the ubiquitous and free Acrobat reader. It is a monthly subscription, with a discount for paying annually. There are 4 sets of features that are not found in Reader: ability to create de novo pdfs, ability to lock and password protect PDFs, ability to electronically sign documents in real time, and - the one I requested Reader DC for - the ability to export pdfs into Excel and Word formats. The export function is worth the price alone, from my perspective. It allows one to highlight a table of data in a PDF and by right-clicking export it to a spreadsheet in Excel. For the most part, the resulting table requires no editing. This is in marked contrast to trying to copy and paste from the PDF, which inevitably involves extensive re-editing and correcting. The tables can be multi-page and still work.
ConsMy biggest complaint is that I often accidentally end up in edit mode (one of the other major features of the software). Instead of highlighting something to copy, I am suddenly overtyping it. However, since I have not yet learned how to get into editing mode, this may be more user error. I do anticipate eventually using this feature to make changes or updates in PDF documents for which the original Powerpoint or Word document is not available. (A common scenario is when a Powerpoint is too large to email to remote participants, but there are small changes after rendering the pdf.)
December 30, 2018
Matthew H.
Chief Clerk
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2018

“Extremely Useful and Easy to Understand”

OverallWe use this in a government setting in which transmission of both large and small volume documents of clarity and consistency are essential. It is a testament to the reliability of the product that over the course of several years since implementation of this product we have not had a single situation in which customer service was required to be contacted. I would recommend this product to any office which requires consistency and near perfect high definition images for storage and transmission.
ProsEase of use is a major factor for me and my staff. From the time the user clicks on the icon to the pulling up and management of images it is virtually a seamless and effortless task. Seldom is a software product this easy and reliable to use. In my work environment is has been and I expect it to be the industry standard as the level of user productivity achieved by the user raises the bar so high. I use it for may applications from document storage to transmission. I have never had a problem storing a quality image or with a recipient receiving a first rate image and being able to open and store or transfer it with ease.
ConsIt is difficult to find fault with this product. The only shortcoming, which may not be associated with the program itself is that certain traditional photocopy images may appear unduly dark in acrobat format necessitating a lighter than normal copy be made from a traditional photocopier, but this is only an incidental issue as overall quality and clarity of the images is exceptional and consistent.
September 13, 2018
July 18, 2018

“Very good software”

OverallIn my company we use this program a lot to protect the formats of our files, a lot of information is sent by mail, so it is an excellent option to send information without it being able to suffer some type of distortion (moving images, changing margins, if Excel documents allow a better presentation). When we issue a budget calculated with Excel we always issue the file in PDF and for that we use Adobe Reader
ProsAdobe reader, is a powerful PDF software that allows you to view and print PDF documents, another advantage is that Adobe Reader is free of charge, its size is small and it is convenient and easy to download, it can be downloaded from the page from the manufacturer what gives you greater security and confidence. It allows you to make notes in PDF documents, you can download them in portable devices so you can work your documents from anywhere, it allows you to convert files in Excel, PowerPoint, Word in PDF formats and thus protect your files, another important function is to add digital signatures, which saves you time when issuing documents that require signatures. You can expand the functions of Adobe Reader for free with Acrobat ADK
ConsNegative points, It does not allow to combine files in the basic package. It can be somewhat cumbersome to use for new users. Some basic functions are not available in the free version, but in general terms are more advantages offered by this software, a very useful tool to use in the office allows you to send files without losing their initial format, common problem that happens when you open files in other terminals, common example is when you have a file in a certain program and move it to another terminal or PC with a portable device you can be at risk of losing the format (margins, tables, page numbers) so save them in PDF you avoid this problem.
July 18, 2018
P Christopher B.
Office Assistant
Higher Education, Unspecified
July 6, 2018

“The Must-Have PDF Reader of the Century”

OverallAdobe Acrobat Reader DC is a cross-platform PDF reader that goes beyond just a reader and allows you to make essential edits, combine PDFs, split pages, and create PDF forms -- all options that are severely lacking in other PDF readers. This is an extremely useful tool that is necessary for anyone who uses PDFs extensively.
ProsWhile most people continue to use their browser to read and print PDFs, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC takes it to the next level. The primary advantage to using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is its ability to edit PDF documents. You can change words, fonts, size, and even highlighting like a normal word processor would. To some degree, you have even more control with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as you can control horizontal scaling and character spacing which is much harder to do on most word processors. Furthermore, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC provides ways to export your PDF into other formats, Comment on PDFs, Organize them via splitting or combining different pages together, and even a form option along with a fill & sign. The extra features greatly enhance the usefulness of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
ConsThere is not a whole lot to complain about as far as PDF readers go. Sometimes, when splitting documents, it would be nice to name documents based on a field found on each page rather than a name with a prefix. Furthermore, beginners may have a hard time finding the different tools. An option in the top left corner right next to the home button labeled "Tools" gives you all the different options to edit your PDF. Often, beginners struggle to find it as it is not an option in your normal toolbar. As I have the paid version, I have not had to deal with the different limitations that I would run into without the subscription, but the fact that there is a cost is a disadvantage unto itself.
July 6, 2018
Joel B.
Technology Consultant
51-200 employees
June 26, 2018

“Better than in the past, but not the best”

ProsThe price is free and it's made by the people who invented PDF, so compatibility is never an issue. If you have an errant PDF with problems, Acrobat Reader is your best bet at getting it open. I like that I can digitally sign PDFs with Acrobat Reader without the need to buy the full Acrobat software. Little things like that are expected features of software like this that make using it easier.
ConsHistorically, Acrobat Reader has been slow to open. Although that issue is mostly fixed, there are still many times when Acrobat Reader doesn't open quickly. Honestly, I expect a PDF reader to open almost instantly, especially with a fast PC and an SSD. It's just not acceptable to me to know have a small program like this open quickly. Acrobat Reader likes to be the default app that opens PDFs on the web. That is great, but the tools for zooming, panning, printing, saving, etc, are not automatically visible. You have to click on the PDF to get the toolbar to pop down from the top. It's not intuitive at all. I really hate that you can't change the default view of the right pane when you open Acrobat. It's always open and you have to manually shut it EVERY TIME! Totally annoying and unnecessary. The Tools tab, where you can find things like Comments, Fill & Sign, React, Certificates, etc, is mostly easy to find, but not the easiest thing to use. I wish those items were available in the right pane instead of the crap that's there now.
June 26, 2018
Bill T.
Co-founder, CMO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
June 20, 2019

“I want my old Adobe Acrobat back!”

OverallWe used adobe to create FDA drug applications. It was pretty quirky and did not always work well as the versions kept coming out faster than fecund bunnies. I have used Adobe since it first came out and the PDF format has proven to be the most reliable in terms of digital archive longevity. But although Adobe may have invented the format, there are many other options today that are far less expensive and good enough for everyday business use.
ProsI do like the strength of the features in Adobe DC. It is extremely powerful and let's you do almost anything you would ever need to do. The feature I use the most is the ability to move pages around, eliminate them altogether, or even combine with another document.
ConsOne has to launch no less than 10 apps to do what should be available from the main app. I was also never certain if I had launched the right app (the read only version does nothing but the launch icon is almost identical to the DC version). I also hated having to always switch from their "creative cloud" storage. AND Adobe subscriptions have become very pricey
June 20, 2019
David Y.
Manager of Editing and Design
Publishing, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“An Invaluable Resource”

OverallI've used Acrobat Reader DC for longer than I can remember. Throughout its various versions, the software has never failed to perform flawlessly. It is the industry standard in terms of opening and reading PDFs. File sizes are incredibly small, so you can store tons of PDFs on your device without using valuable storage space. Anyone who says that there's nothing free in this world needs to download Acrobat Reader DC. It's free and it works great.
ProsAcrobat Reader DC by Adobe Systems is a free program that enables you to work with PDFs. Even though the program is free, it includes a number of great features. Users can view PDFs add comments. Adding comments is a great feature, particularly if you are using PDFs for business. Your customers or team members can easily highlight sections and make annotations. Acrobat Reader DC also enables you to print PDFs, another great feature. Lastly, users can sign PDFs with Acrobat Reader DC. This is a terrific feature for those dealing with legal documents that can be expedited by e-signatures.
ConsAs the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The free version of Acrobat lacks the bells and whistles of Acrobat Pro. For example, you cannot export PDFs to Excel or Word. Nor can you password protect your PDFs with Acrobat Reader. For those needing more functionality, purchasing Acrobat Pro is wise. But for those of us who basically want to read and comment on PDFs, the free program, Acrobat Reader DC, is perfect.
August 28, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 28, 2019

“Master of PDF ”

OverallThe most impressive thing is that the program allows you to add your digital signature to the files. In this way, his correspondence with the government provides great convenience and speed. In addition, the government requires a pdf format in correspondence in my country. That's why we convert word formats to pdf. For this reason, you need to buy the paid version. And we bought it. Very nice to convert.
ProsAdobe can literally be said to have invented PDF. Because the best way to read PDF offers this program. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is much more powerful than other PDF software; PDF is a free, reliable standard for viewing, printing, and annotating PDFs. Moreover, because it is now linked to Adobe Document Cloud, working with PDFs on computers and mobile devices is much easier than before. Acrobat Reader allows users to read and write PDF files, as well as to add notes and comments to PDF files, mark important points and search. This is one of the things I like about home. E-signature feature is very nice. In this way, we also sign documents that are too far away from us. It is very nice to have the program available on tablets and smartphones through desktops, laptops and mobile applications. Versions compatible with many operating systems are running smoothly.
ConsI don't like to want to update very often. It also takes up a lot of space in the system. Other than that, I have never seen anything negative.
April 28, 2019
john h.
Student
Military, 10,001+ employees
April 15, 2019

“Indispensable for Masters course”

OverallAcrobat Reader DC is the first recommended software on our course, on all platforms and OSs; all course notes are delivered as PDFs and it's the 1 indispensable app - couldn't complete my course without it.
ProsThis software has become absolutely indispensable throughout my current Masters programme. Finding relevant information within a huge document, being able to write on top and add notes, highlighting specific areas with various colours and sizes of 'pen' all make Acrobat Reader DC the leader when working with PDFs. Sure, there are other PDF readers out there but Adobe continues to innovate and evolve its format and the ability to work with it. Being able to sync directly with Adobe Cloud is the latest 'must have' for working with documents no matter what platform or what location.
ConsThere is little that I don't like about this software. Occasionally, on Android tablets, I can't find certain functionality that I find on desktops but I suspect this is more about my having not properly learned the differences rather than them not being on that version. I'm not a fan of the different levels of 'lock down' on PDFs - some give me full permissions to highlight, comment, add text, etc, while other documents are completely locked with no ability to do anything but read - I don't know how to identify what level of read/write access beforehand but, again, that might be more about me than the software.
April 15, 2019
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
May 29, 2019

“Acrobat Reader DC”

OverallAcrobat Reader DC is great in viewing PDFs, keeping the content in the documentation the same, having the capability to add comments, notes, and highlight information, and sharing files with others easily. It also can store your stuff in your own ID. I love it for filling out forms and signing documentation as well because I don't need to have a printer or scanner to do so anymore since I can do all that in the system itself!
ProsI love how Acrobat Reader not only allows me to view PDFs, download them, and save them onto my computer in a quick and easy format, but it also allows me to add comments, highlight text that I may need to later reference or remember, and save all the additions I may make to the PDF file. Lastly, it allows me to fill out forms and sign papers without making me print the papers, physically fill out and/or sign them, scan them, download them, and then send to the necessary recipient. It takes all that middle time-consuming stuff right out of the process!
ConsWhat I like least about the software is its inability to hide certain additions that may be made to a PDF or its inability to share those additions, for examples, additions such as comments and highlights. Sometimes my whole team is looking at a document and I may want to hide other people's comments, or view them all so I don't re-write them but I can't do that altogether, I have to individual select each one.
May 29, 2019
Graham C.
Systems's Engineer
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
February 27, 2019

“Acrobat for your eyes only”

OverallI absolutely love Acrobat reader. Since it came along, getting technical manuals has become easy peasy. It is a great way to access manuals , forms, discalimers, etc..... Anything that should be a piece of paper now can be digital. If you need to print it, you can. The one thing I would like to see added to Acrobat Reader is the ability to E-Sign. and save. May be better linking with email.
ProsIt is a industry standard for most software platforms... MS, Apple and OS SUN It is a great way to have forms that people can not alter. The newer versions can allow people to enter data directly into the form. Very nice... It is a file format that operating systems easily identify. It is a option for people to print to file thus saving paper...... assuming you have the print driver... I have never had a corrupt file in this format. PDF... It's magnifying glass is very helpful , especially if you are looking at blue prints
ConsIt is very memory intensive, so archiving becomes a problem if you have limited storage space. When using MS explorer there are many glitches and errors that occur. Note: this is only when MS explorer tries to open the PDF file in MS Explorer, If you open the file in Acrobat Reader there are no problems. The banner is sluggish and sometimes non responsive. Because it is a image, file manipulation is almost impossible unless you have Acrobat Full
February 27, 2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
January 24, 2019

“The only software that makes multiplatform access to PDF.”

OverallIt is enough to download the stable version from the official website and that's it, so our organization saves money in the payment of licenses for programs that do the same. Apart from that offered by Adobe, in addition, having in the office computers with few resources, makes it vital to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC as support to maximize our computing resources by having a low impact software for the resources of the computers.
ProsEvery user of any mobile device, tablet or computer has ever used Adobe Reader Dc in his life, that is one of the things that I like the most, it is a program that I would dare to say, it is the most used in the world after Browsers, it allows you to read any information that you transmit from different sources, either from a storage device to an email you receive. Also, I like very much the small size it occupies and the few resources that it uses of the ram memory of the computer, it is a true tranquility to count on its capacities to be able to read those files so important for my work and academic obligations.
ConsI do not have negative aspects to identify, I consider that greater are the advantages that offer that any deficient aspects can be weighed by all the good that it offers. Another important element is that it has the backing of a company as large and consolidated as adobe, which dissipates any possible problem or negative aspect.
Ravinder B.
Consultant
Legal Services, 501-1000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Acrobat reader - great product - No competitor is closer to what it provides.”

OverallProtection mode is highly useful for business. Further, pdf to other file format conversion i.e. word, excel and presentation solves our business needs. For personal use, annotation and highlight feature is very useful.
ProsAcrobat reader has a plethora of features which include annotation of pdf files using sticky notes or by text typing. It allows you to highlight or underline text using freehand drawing tool. The best part is that the same feature are also available in Acrobat reader mobile app. There is also an option to unlock more features by subscribing to Adobe document cloud services which also provide cloud hosting to pdf files. These features include Adobe PDF export to convert pdf files to word or excel file or presentation file. Acrobat reader DC also has protected mode security which protect your pdf files from attacker. Simple and easy to understand user interface.
ConsGo for pro version as there is quite a difference between pro and free version. For mobile, free version is okay, but for business pro version is essential. With heavy files, the reader sometimes become unresponsive. Also, the reader becomes slow when you have opened multiple files in multiple tabs. If you using an old OS i.e. versions of windows before Window 7, the reader might not be available for you.
June 26, 2019
Research, 11-50 employees
April 9, 2019

“Best software for PDF documents”

OverallI have been routinely using this software for reading research articles and manuscripts. I use the text highlighting feature to mark the important segments of my manuscript.
ProsAdobe Acrobat DC is the best software in the market that can extract the maximum utility out of PDF documents. The ability of the software to create, edit, merge and convert PDF documents is of great use. One of the novel features of this software, "Read Out Loud", is of great help when feeling bored of reading and want to engage in interactive reading. I routinely use this software for reading and editing manuscripts. The text highlighting and watermark/signature features of this software are quite useful for me as I deal with research articles. I gives me assurance that my document cannot be tampered with in any manner. The fact that this software is widely used across various areas of study is a testament of its popularity.
ConsWhile the "Read Out Loud" feature is certainly unique and quite interesting, I would like to see a better voice control and modulation quality while reading the text as it would make listening and grasping information more appealing. Furthermore, I would like to see Adobe offer student discounts and promotions to buy the upgraded version as they are their largest audience.
April 9, 2019
Jonah C.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 26, 2018

“Used both in a professional setting and as a student”

OverallAn easy to use and versatile eReader that made it easy for me to read my textbooks across many different platforms including desktop, laptop, phone, and tablet. I also like the ability to be able to highlight text and change the color theme, it made reading for an extended period much easier for myself, and my eyes felt much less trained overall thanks to this feature. I found reading pdfs and ebooks to be tedious and ineffective compared to a physical text, but after experiencing a solid reader like this has changed my preference. I now prefer ebooks over physical texts, and feel like I take more effective notes as a student!
ProsVery versatile and has a ton of features that make reading easier such as zoom and text settings. The UI is a simplistic and intuitive which makes working with the software quite useful as I am typically using multiple programs in additon to the reader program and need it to be easy to use. I feel like it is an easy program to get into and hard to master, there are many useful features that will only come with experience using the program, but as a beginner you can do most anything you can think of.
ConsI like to set a black background with neon green for reading text and I wish they had a feature where if the item on the text was a picture, dataset, or something similar that the color change would not affect the appearance either of those, just the text.
July 26, 2018
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“Adobe Acrobat reader is the best company software”

OverallI solved my best files problem PDF with this software and safe also no modifications is possible.
ProsIt will automatically search the file extension
ConsAutomatically search the files and open it it's file extension is .pdf
September 11, 2019
Zarrar S.
Senior Tax Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
June 4, 2019

“Great for Combining Documents”

OverallI view dozens of reports and documents on a daily basis. Being a Manager in the Taxation department, I have to approve and prepare many reports, documents and PDF Files and I do all this with Adobe Reader DC. When I upload PDF files on social media or on our chat group, the document is available for all to read. I even sign my documents on Adobe Reader DC only now. I receive a lot of separate word documents which I then combine to a single PDF file via Adobe Reader DC
ProsAdobe Reader DC, in my opinion, is the best product by Adobe. Very easy to use and edit already created documents. Adobe Reader DC allows you to be creative and is great on digital platforms. Documents are opened very quickly and are compatible with every operating system. There is even a mobile application which helps in editing documents directly from your phone. One of the best features about this software is that you can digitally sign your documents and then lock it as well so it can't be edited. Converting files from PDF to Word Docs is also very easy.
ConsA lot of features at Adobe Reader DC can be used when you sign in with your Adobe ID which has a monthly subscription fee. Also, I believe Adobe constantly updates this product with a newer version and I have spent a lot of time updating the product because of which I have to delay editing/viewing my PDF documents.
June 4, 2019
Sofia R.
Copywriter
Internet, Self-employed
May 20, 2019

“Acrobat Reader DC isn't only a PDF reader”

OverallAcrobat Reader DC is a software that I use daily to create, edit and share PDF files, since it is a widely used format. I really like the electronic signature, I think it is a great tool to send budgets and bills while maintaining its legal aspect without having to go directly to where the client is. This shortens the distances and allows me to accept jobs in other parts of the world safely.
ProsAcrobat Reader DC is not only a PDF reader, but also allows you to create, edit, share and convert them to other formats. I like to have all these options in a single software. The application for Smartphones and Tablets is great, it works perfectly. I like to be able to choose the tools I need and pay for them and not for a complete package. This, in addition to reducing costs, allows me to have the software optimized without unnecessary elements. Acrobat Reader DC has improved a lot in recent years, thinking more about the needs of its users.
ConsIn spite of everything, the costs are still high, however, the free version maintains some of the most important functions, such as the digital signature, which it's necessary for small business owners and I think it is an excellent work tool. On the other hand, the software is still heavy and sometimes it takes time to open the PDF's, which can be a bit annoying.
May 20, 2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
April 29, 2019

“Step-brother to Pro”

OverallWe've upgraded from Reader to Pro and never looked back. The team members who only have Reader installed frequently find them at an impasse with documents and come seeking my help with things like re-arranging and deleting pages. It's a snap if you have the right program, and an impossible ask if you don't.
ProsReader is the definite step-brother to Acrobat Pro. They may resemble each other on the surface, but Reader lacks the substance of Pro. More on that later. It gets the job done according to its title. It is a PDF reader. No more, no less. Unfortunately, once you've tasted the possibilities of PDF editing in Pro, Reader will no longer satisfy. That being said, it has a clean interface and allows you to open and view PDF's. If that's all you need, Reader will do the trick. But I suspect you'll be wanting more soon.
ConsPro lets me combine PDF documents, extract and delete pages, annotate, and even edit text and images when push comes to shove. Reader does not allow for any of that functionality. It's cheating, I guess, when you think about the fact that PDF's are supposed to preserve the original layout. Pro lets me hack in and make almost any changes that are needed. So in that respect, I guess Reader is the more traditional "purist" option when it comes to PDF documents. I just find it's not enough.
April 29, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“Shell Out The Cash For The Real Experience”

OverallWith the free version, you get a good reader (albeit slow and laggy at times, even with the premium version). For editing documentation, AR is quite hard to beat. It has a long way to go before it can be the best out there but for now it still is a viable option if you can deal with its unintuitive drawbacks.
ProsAcrobat Reader DC is a great reader and editor for all types of documents. I've been using this for years for education and work-related business with little issue. Updates are quite frequent, and it has enough features to let me do what I need to within a short period.
ConsThe cons are quite extensive. First of all, the free and premium versions are very different, and the pro version is somewhat expensive as well. For reading, there are free solutions that are better, so it loses in that category. The software sometimes runs very poorly as well. Most of the features are quite limited, and the tools and options are extremely restricted. Unintuitive UI with little to help the user. Not user-friendly in the slightest & takes an additional couple steps to get things done which makes it difficult to edit documents in a short period. Common tools are not stored in memory, and its also hard to make favorite shortcuts for easy use. I don't think it's possible to do at all. Lots of polishing to do, even with the premium version.
September 24, 2018
Reynaldo U.
Coordinador logistico
July 22, 2018

“High performance software responsible for my academic and work training”

OverallA software of much catergoria that leads all the others in its field. It is essential to have this software in the software directory to use in your company. I recommend it
ProsAs I mentioned earlier this software has been one of the responsible for my training, mainly academic and second job, since Adobe Acrobat Reader has been my permanent source of knowledge. With a wide variety of bibliographic content that has been transparent to this program, I have had an immense range of books that have been necessary for my academic training, but also, in my work, it has allowed me to obtain material for the development of new group activities, management of elements logistics, and new group dynamics that have not only enhanced my professional career, but also that of the Foundation where I work. Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of those software that thanks to its efficient management of intellectual and academic resources in PDF, have revolutionized the market, becoming essential and very useful.
ConsSometimes I have encountered the problem that when editing certain PDF texts, I can not do it directly from the software but I have to find other software on the internet to do it, however, after having managed to do this, everything went much easier for me.
July 22, 2018
Patrick M.
Director, Marketing Technology
June 12, 2019

“The golden standard for PDF documents”

OverallThis is a daily-use tool and has been for many years. To me, it is considered a staple that supplements PDF viewing, sharing and occasionally even signing.
ProsAcrobat Reader is, to me, the golden standard for all things PDF-related. It just flat out works. I am also a big fan of the digital signing capabilities it offers, which are used regularly in both my personal life for things like Insurance, etc, and in my professional life for contracts, agreements and statements of work. The interface and user experience is also very intuitive and simple. One of the things I love is that I tend to have a couple PDF's open at a time in different tabs, then I mistakingly click the close button. In plenty of tools, this would result in closing everything, potentially meaning you have to dig up a file you still needed open. Acrobat Reader will alert you and make sure you want to close all tabs, or you can opt to just close the open document. A very nice bit of polish on an already seamless tool.
ConsThe only complaint I can come up with is the cost. It is possible to get competing tools for free that will do most of the same things. However, you will definitely sacrifice some of the nice little perks that Adobe offers.
June 12, 2019
Mukul C.
Creative Head
February 28, 2019

“All tools you'll ever need for PDFs”

OverallBeing a graphic designer I often get to work with pdfs and acrobat reader makes my work easier by enabling me to simply do simple manipulations in the reader itself.
Pros1. I have been using adobe reader dc since my school days and i am very unsure how i would have completed all my assignments without adobe [reader.](http://reader.IT) It has all the features you ever need for PDF Viewing and Editing . 2. Any software is useful only when the user can navigate easily through its interface and actually use tools he needs and adobe acrobat dc makes sure of this feature, it has simple and easy navigatable Interface. 3. It gives you access to all the editing features you'll ever need for PDF editing. It has a list of comprehensive PDF editing features. 4. Acrobat being so rigorously used as the industry standard since decades for PDFs have kept upto the mark of being top regarding all the Aspects.
Cons1. Adobe Acrobat has a learning curve so it takes time to get used to all the tools. But once you get to now all the tools there's no need of using any other software for any PDF editing. 2. Reducing PDF file size without the deterioting the Quality. Sometimes when the PDF contain too much graphic elements the overall size of the PDF increases. Acrobat do have tools to save pdf with small size but it often deteriotes image quality. 3. When opening large PDFs in Acrobat it freezes most of the time.
February 28, 2019
Jeremy K.
Legal Assistant
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2019

“Essential Software but Extreme Difficulties with Newest Update (October 2018)”

OverallOverall, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is just one of those essential, versatile programs that allows you to accomplish so many necessary business tasks. I don't think anyone at my office can go through a day without using it. As we depend upon it so much, I can only hope that Adobe will continue to offer repairs to their most recent updates to the reader.
ProsUsing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is an everyday part of my job as a paralegal, especially for viewing and updating forms. I appreciate the simplicity of the software and its adequate features which allow you to do your job securely and efficiently. I also appreciate Adobe's commitment to update the Reader frequently and continue to provide software that helps run businesses throughout the world.
ConsUnfortunately, recently, my office has been fighting a battle with Reader DC which have forced us to go back and purchase older copies of Reader just to be able to do our daily tasks. For some reason, the newest updates have picked a battle with what seems to be certain HP print drivers, rendering all Windows processes extremely slow, especially upon printing. There seems to be an error that no forum or technician can resolves, and I hope that this is soon repaired so that this does not grow into a larger problem in the future for our firm.
Aaruga S.
Research Assistant
Research, 201-500 employees
July 11, 2019

“Read at your own comfort”

OverallThis application makes our reading more easy and comfortable. And it is compatible for many operating systems such as windows, Android, and IOS as well. We can use this software to add feedbacks and comments in the documents too. However using the full version can give you extremely good features such as, reviewing, measuring the dimensions, and sharing the documents.
ProsThe best part of this software is, we can get it free and most of the major features are available for free version. Especially highlighting the texts and removing the highlights is a really positive feature. And another incredible feature is, many documents can be read and edit at the same time in new tabs which can really save the working time. The 'find' text option also a helpful tool which we can use to find our texts immediately. And the documents quality is also very high though we are managing many files at a same time.
ConsThe least likely part of this software is, its full version cost much. And the full version has really great features like converting to word document, editing the PDF files, and combing the files. But, due to the high cost of that version, many people are losing the advantages of that. And when you are using very large files, the software starts to slow down.
July 11, 2019
Chinonso A.
Data Scientist
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
May 10, 2019

“Everyone's favourite PDF viewer”

OverallAt work, we've all grown accustomed to sending and viewing documents in PDF format. This usually helps in preventing format mistakes that can occur from opening documents in other formats on a different computer. For example, if I send you a document file (.doc, .docx etc) there's a high chance you would open the file on a system with different settings from mine. This means that you could end up viewing a document that wasn't exactly what I sent. This is where PDF comes into play, and Acrobat Reader DC offers the best software available to view, modify and share PDFs.
ProsMy favourite part of using this software is the ability to sign on documents electronically. We all know the drill; You receive a document, print it, scan it, then send it. Adobe Reader makes it all easier by giving you the option of signing a document while it's still on your screen! This means complete elimination of the printing and scanning process, saving a whole lot of time, effort and money (those saved pieces of paper accumulate quickly).
ConsOne major drawback is that when you open a PDF, you cannot edit the file. There are options to edit forms or sign signatures, but you can't change any text or formatting. This means you can't use Acrobat Reader for collaborative work, except all the other parties have Acrobat Reader.
May 10, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
April 27, 2019

“Work-Life Changing!”

OverallI think we've all felt the frustration of wanting to copy or change text in a PDF and not having the option. I asked to get a license for this software because I manage a scholarship program through my work and wanted to easily redact certain sensitive information from those applications, like Social Security Numbers, before sending on to the review committees. This software makes doing that a breeze! Once I started using it, I realized that I could make my work life easier in many different ways. I literally use this software at least three times a week and am always finding new ways to make my life easier!
ProsIt allows you to manipulate a PDF in a variety of ways, including editing existing text, adding text and images, and redacting information. You can export PDFs into other file types with just a few clicks and just as easily turn images and Word docs into PDFs. You can also combine multiple PDFs into one file or split one PDF document into multiple files. Every time I use this software, I find other functions that can make life easier for me. For instance, I have forms that I have to fill out on a regular basis, which I used to print and fill in by hand. Now, I just turn the Word doc file into a PDF and type my information in, which is faster and easier to read. It's also helped cut down on printing and paper costs. If I'm sent a file to fill out and email back, I no longer have to print, fill in, scan, and email back. I can just open and edit, then return the file. So much easier!
ConsThe software has a learning curve and isn't super intuitive for newbies, but once you figure it out for one feature, you can easily learn to use them all. And of course, the text recognition isn't perfect, so when you edit a PDF or export it into a Word doc, you really have to proofread to make sure that the text is the same as the original document. It recognizes the letter shapes and attempts to duplicate them, which is not perfect, but usually close.
April 27, 2019
Tunc E.
Data Analysis
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
April 10, 2019

“amazing pdf reader”

OverallI work at a state university in my country. And in all government agencies, Adobe Acrobat Reader is used to read files in pdf format. I've been using Adobe Acrobar Reader for 19 years. And I got used to it. I don't want to use any other software either. I use this software even at home. It is my greatest help to read and edit pdf files. I've got used to all the features and know how to use it extremely effectively. It contains extremely beautiful and creative tools. Very successful in finding the words. You're making a change. Saving documents is very successful.
ProsI work at a state university in my country. And in all government agencies, Adobe Acrobat Reader is used to read files in pdf format. I've been using Adobe Acrobar Reader for 19 years. And I got used to it. I don't want to use any other software either. I use this software even at home. It is my greatest help to read and edit pdf files. I've got used to all the features and know how to use it extremely effectively. It contains extremely beautiful and creative tools. Very successful in finding the words. You're making a change. Saving documents is very successful.
ConsWe are doing business in reading and creating pdf file. We prepare e-books for our students and make online sales and distribution. PDFs are converting to Word files.
April 10, 2019
Mazyar M. H.
Law Practice, 1-10 employees
January 10, 2019

“The Gold Standard”

OverallI realize that this review is entitled "Acrobat Reader DC" and my comments relate more to the full Acrobat DC (which is more than a reader). But the comments still mostly apply. The point is that I wouldn't want to be without a FULL copy of Acrobat DC. As a lawyer, especially, there is no substitute.
ProsEasy to use. Flexible. Interactive. Secure. Enables electronic signing and verification. Makes "paperless" (or at least "paper less") practice a reality. Basically, Adobe invented the PDF, and Reader DC is the flagship product. I wouldn't be without DC - using "Adobe Reader" is too limiting. Having the full product is worth it - especially now that Adobe has adopted the subscription pricing model. There is really no excuse not to use it.
ConsDefaults are stubborn (or I don't know how best to manage them). Even though the software does all I need it to do, it still takes too many steps to get it optimized. And I have to do this EVERY TIME. There must be an easier way to set up defaults so I am looking at the view I prefer and using the font I prefer, but there are so many options, tools, and toggles, that it is confusing. In short, the "con" of this software is its embarassment of riches when it comes to options. But that may not be a bad thing for everyone.
January 10, 2019
Melissa E.
Junior Economist
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 23, 2018

“If the free version is good, the full version is even better”

ProsI use this program a lot in my work from two points of view: the author and the one who edits. When I write my reports it is obligatory to keep it in PDF so that mijefe can review it and make the pertinent comments and corrections. So it allows me to do a how to control changes. It is also a great viewer of files of this type, I do not feel comfortable using any other. As the one that edits allows me that same, to be able to make comments and corrections. Now, in my work I have the possibility to use the paid version and I recommend them a lot. While there are functions like converting pdf to other files, or merging several files into one and suddenly you think good there are online programs that do this, although it is true it is more comfortable as well. I can even make hyperlinks in the file and many other things that I thought could not be done.
ConsI think the updates can be intimidating, but it's a highly intuitive and easy-to-use program. The improvements that include in the updates seem useful to me and do not cease to amaze me. I think maybe they could do better advertising of all the tools they have, many things I had to discover for myself.
August 23, 2018
Elvis P.
System Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
May 7, 2019

“Really the most truthful and safe PDF document manager”

OverallThanks to Adobe Acrobat DC I save a lot of time in the management of documents that have legal status, this safely and quickly eliminating misunderstandings with my suppliers and customers allowing me to provide the security and satisfaction of a transparent management sticking to agreements reached jointly for the development of your projects with my company.
ProsWith Adobe Acrobat DC I can create, edit, protect and view PDF documents from any device, be it a computer, tablet or smartphone through your application or browser regardless of which operating system uses Mac, Windows, Android or IOS, this from anywhere thanks to its function of document synchronization in the cloud, with Adobe Acrobat DC I can also fill out forms and sign them all with the solid security that Adobe provides me, in the same way I can share my PDF documents immediately by just add the email of the person to whom I wish to share them so they receive a link that sends them directly to the document and can review, comment and even sign it, as if that were not enough it also allows me to keep track of my shared PDF documents In an orderly manner, Acrobat DC also integrates with my office applications to convert my files to PDF documents with no problem, it should also be noted that thanks to its excellent design allows me to organize and view my PDF documents immediately. Really the most truthful and safe PDF document manager.
ConsI can not say that I have found any weakness, simply the most versatile and robust PDF document handler I have used.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“Best Reader for Pdf Document”

OverallIt is very useful to analysis the pdf we can not absent this tool in our 'IT' sector because we have most of the document which is on pdf format to need to red the document it very simple and impressive document.
ProsAdobe reader is the one of the best document to read the pdf document. Now a days most of the people like official or students read all the type of document and book in our device where adobe reader is used to read all pdf documents. Its comments feature which can highlight, mark, annotation and select text and the watermarking very good and impressive. It can install in all device like phone pc laptop etc and not take too much space. In which advanced search system is very impressive we can search the page with specific text. it allows us to customize security settings such as prohibiting printing or editing and its also shows the pdf document generated by which software.
ConsIt is not fully free like when we want to convert the document pdf to other type like docx, rtf, xlsx or other format we need to purchase a licence. We can not edit the document also without purchase its licence.It is difficult to use for beginner when edit the pdf by using its tools.
April 8, 2019