SyncBackPro Ratings

Overall

About SyncBackPro

File sync and backup application for Windows that enables individuals and small businesses to schedule backups and analyze data. Learn more about SyncBackPro

Retail, 11-50 employees
May 22, 2019

“Excellent backup and sync tool”

ProsI've been using SyncBackPro for years. They have a variety of versions, including a free one. If you need more features, such as backing up to OneDrive for Business, you'll need to move into a paid version. This software makes it very easy to schedule syncing or backing up to another drive (even external drives) as well as to online storage sites. People forget to do backups, so automating this is key. There is a tremendous amount of versatility in how you configure the software, for example just copying to another locations, or keeping two folders in sync. Give the free version a try to test it out.
ConsJust carefully look at and review options to make sure you are making the best choice for your backup or sync.
May 22, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2018

“used to be my goto syncing option”

OverallAfter researching and testing lots of different syncing solutions, SyncBackPro was easily my favorite, had the right mix of source and destination options, backup/mirror/sync type operations, and automating was doable. I think I really only quit using it when Dropbox came out and I completely changed how and what i synced up. For work network vs local folder, FTP and remote files, SyncBack basically did everything I needed. Now i just don't bother syncing most of that, I have my local stuff backed up to Dropbox or other cloud syncing services, automatic and near real-time. If the system has it available, i'll use rsync and a cron job. I will still use SyncBack for anything that doesn't fit those use cases because it really does have all the functionality you need for either direct backups, mirroring folders between two locations, excluding some file types, pretty much anything you can think of.
Prosgreat defaults, and ability to tweak for different kinds of syncing easy to install, didn't get in the way
Consi think i had some issues between the free and pro, they switched something between times i used it and a free feature was no longer available, so i had to upgrade to pro it was 'another' program to run, kind of clunky using windows task manager + permissions to get it to work smoothly
November 14, 2018
Adam S.
Master Scheduler
Packaging and Containers, 10,001+ employees
November 5, 2018

“Full-featured backup software with simple user interface”

OverallI use SyncBackPro on a daily basis to backup network drives and folders and I haven't had any issues with the software. Once I have setup a backup profile I can pretty much forget about it and feel confident that all of my data is being backed up, and if I ever need to make a change to a profile it's really easy to modify the profile with the changes I need.
ProsThe thing I like most about SyncBackPro is that it is easy to use and it provides a variety of features that can be utilized by any user.
ConsThere's not really anything I dislike about SyncBackPro, it offers all of the features I need and it has a simple user interface that is easy to use.
November 5, 2018
11-50 employees
July 26, 2018

“Syncback pro is really great program lets you configure several profiles for different purpouse ”

Overallit`s a really great product it has allowed me to keep only one user and so I can control who access to it, can configure several profiles and lets me have different schedule per each one, my files are safe since they can be share encrypted.
ProsSyncback pro helps me synchronize my files in a safe way and they can be encrypted, so it gives me security for them, helps control each profile and tasks can be schedule, its great and avoids to have many users instead there is only one
Conssome features should be more intuitive and I would like to set 2 different IP at the time so when we switch to DRC would be easier
July 26, 2018
201-500 employees
June 13, 2018

“I have worked with it, very understandable and easy to use”

Overallthis product has help me to manage several profiles, it's not an expensive product and can be easily managed by personal who doesn't have that much experience, gives me important details, helps me schedule tasks, the information is safe, since files can be encrypted.
Proshelps me synchronize my files in a safe way so they can be shared encrypted and really ease to use, gives me details if any of my profiles fails, let me control each profile for a specific use, can back up really fast, tasks can be schedule
ConsIcons can be more intuitive, should be able to set 2 IPs at a time, so no need to change once servers are changed
June 13, 2018
May 27, 2018

“SyncBack gives me assurance that my data is always backed-up, even if my Laptop is on the fritz!”

OverallI know my data is always backed up. If the error log is clean (and it pops up automatically when a synchronisation is complete), my data is definitely backed up; I have never lost a single file since I've been using SyncBack,
ProsSyncBack runs seamlessly and without much intrusion into my daily work process. It lets me know if there are any errors in the process of copy files from my hard drive to the share folder on our work network. I also love the fact that it does not do an entire backup every time, but only moves across changes that have been made on the source drive.
ConsThe software could do with a better, more modern UI that is easier to set up. The first few times I used the software I had to double check that the files I had to backup were in fact backed up because I was unsure if the settings I had used to configure the software were correct. There were no problems though and it worked as expected.
May 27, 2018
ISHARA R.
Data Base Officer
Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees
June 12, 2018

“I use SyncBackPro for about 2 years now, for managing network data backup for 200+ employees”

OverallThis software allowed me to save a lot of time to manage backup and synchronisation of files of my team
ProsI can do synchronised backup, drive 1 to another one and vice versa. I can schedule a back up to run automatically even i'm not working on my laptop.
ConsThis is a great tool for the system adminitrators, but I ususally need to export profile configurations of backup process, for use on other computers of my organisation, but I cannot find this option.
June 12, 2018
1001-5000 employees
March 15, 2018

“Syncback is great for local and FTP Backup. Emailed report at the end and all. Cant beat the price.”

ProsThis software does what we need it to exactly. We have some offices that need to sync between the 2 and this program handles it. We have other offices that need backups and we use this for FTP and local USB backups.
ConsI dont have any that I can think of. This program has always done what it said it would unless the drive or FTP server was off. No issues that I know of or can think of that are a "con".
March 15, 2018
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
July 21, 2019

“SynbackPro”

OverallEasy to install, ease of use. Back ups and will verify what you back up. CAn set up multiple rules and encrypt.
ProsProduct is easy to use and set up timed back ups or mirror your PC. Will work to a local NAS or via FTP.
ConsThe interface allows many choices sometimes overwhelming
July 21, 2019
Petr V.
Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2019

“For secure backup of a large number of files”

OverallWith ease of use, full localization and collaboration with cloud services, SyncBackPro is a great tool for secure data backup and at a reasonable price.
ProsSmall and unpretentious yet powerful application. Full localization of the environment into the Czech language and many others. 64bit version allows multiple files to be processed within a single profile, which is important for cloud backups. Reliably safe synchronization of large amounts (over 1 million) files into the cloud. Well-arranged reports and their presentation in HTML format. Ability to run "Before and After" custom scripts written in VBScript.
ConsFile duplication issues when syncing with Google Drive.
April 26, 2019
Marina G.
Information Technology Specialist
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
July 26, 2019

“Full-featured backup app”

Prosit is easy to install and use and it provides plenty of features, gives details if any of my profiles fails and i can backup network folders and disks!
Consnot really anything I dislike about SyncBackPro, it offers all of the features I need
July 26, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“A solid backup solution”

ProsSyncback Pro is a solid backup solution that does not require a lot of experience to configure. You can get started fairly easily and it has built in "simulation" runs of backups so you know if you need to adjust the configuration.
ConsThe GUI is very late 1990s and needs to be modernized. It also has random errors to can cause the backup jobs to not run.
September 27, 2019
Robert R.
Treasurer
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Syncback Pro Windows syncing”

ProsThe ease of use is what amazes me. Select files and folder to sync and then if you wish to go into more advanced selections, the terms are laid in simple terms so that a non techie can understand.
ConsIt is a great one or two way syncing software and also used as backup software but it does take time to sync many files at once using no compression
March 12, 2019
Lawrence W.
Entrepreneur
January 10, 2018

“Comprehensive features for the power user”

OverallI use this software to backup some critical business files just in case the computer (still running Windows XP!) fails. Should that happen, I will just boot up another computer and resume my business with little downtime as I have backup of the critical files on an external USB flash drive.
ProsLots of features (backup, mirror, sync); support for cloud services (eg. Dropbox); there is even a freeware SyncBackFree version for you to try out (though quite crippled in features).
ConsBecause this is so feature-laden, some users may be intimidated by the sheer number of options available; to take advantage of some of the more useful features (eg. you need to buy the most expensive Pro version).
January 10, 2018
Joel M.
Senior Advisor | Retail Services
Real Estate, Self-employed
December 22, 2018

“Incredibly easy solution for backups”

ProsVery easy to setup. Intuitive and user friendly back-up software. I also like that you can set up the backups with versioning.
ConsSync Back pro feels a bit expensive since only use a couple features not included in syncback free.
December 22, 2018