Datadeck Ratings

Overall

About Datadeck

Datadeck puts everyone in sync with beautiful dashboards of all your data sources, making your company happier and more productive. Using Datadeck allows teams to collaborate on data analysis, create professional reports, and ultimately save time by having all your data sources in one place. Centralize your data to create powerful reports, dashboards, and keep track of your important metrics. Learn more about Datadeck

Internet, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2018

“Nice Data Tool, But Lacks Some Critical Functionality”

OverallI rarely use it and will be sticking with Google Data Studio for now. If DD changes their sharing functionality, I may consider making it my primary reporting tool.
ProsEasy to use, nice interface, ability to integrate 3rd party data, and the reports are attractive an dynamic.
ConsVery limited in being able to whitelabel and easily share reports without having to sign into DataDeck or see a button/link to join. I'd rather the people we share these reports with just look at the data, not be badgered to open a DataDeck account.

By Ptmind on November 21, 2018
Hi thanks for your review! When it comes to white labeling, we are currently aiming towards team collaboration around data. Which means we are working on other features that support working together. White label is 100% a great feature for agencies, but does not have our highest priority at this time. Sharing dashboards can indeed be done by inviting users into your space or simply by sharing a public link, this doesn't require your clients/users to create a Datadeck account at all. Just click the link and open it on your desktop or phone. You can even add a password to it, if you'd like to make those urls a bit more secure ;) Hope this clarifies some of your feedback. Have a great day, Guy from Datadeck
David C.
Co-Founder
April 24, 2018

“Excellent data visualization tool”

OverallShow important data to customers in a simple and effective way. It saved us a LOT of time to create excel spreadsheets and create power points with charts. Right now, we just set up a dashboard, refresh whatever data is manual and present to customers. We cut off approximately 70% of manual work on sharing performance metrics and charts to our customers.
ProsIt has many data sources and very ease of use. I like also that you can include excel files or Google Sheets as sources so that you can create your custom data and even integrate via Zapier with this.
ConsIt is still missing some key elements. For example, in the same chart, mix different data sources. Also, it needs to improve the look and feel of the charts. It is good and understandable (except very few quirks that support mentioned they are working on), but it lacks that "eye candy" in charts. Recently the development seemed stagnant, but since the last weeks they seem to be active.
April 24, 2018
Phil H.
Digital Strategist
Design, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2018

“DataDeck creates a visual experience that is second to none”

OverallThere are other apps out there that will get me the data results and functionality I need as fast and as hassle free as DataDeck will - but they cost a considerable amount more and require far more time to set up. With DataDeck I can set up integrations and create data pulls and dashboards on the fly with clients and turn their data into something visual - which is a real game changer.
ProsIncredibly fast to set up and integrate with a number of data sources and apps; with DataDeck I can set up templates in real time with clients, in minutes: Very user friendly.
ConsThe dashboard is a bit limited in look and feel, and isn't as customizable as some other options out there in terms of pulling interrelated data fields or dependent type data scenarios.
September 22, 2018
Liran B.
Co Founder
March 13, 2018

“I was looking for an easy way to dashboard all my data. DataDeck is the answer.”

OverallI'm able to create custom dashboards for myself and clients without the data overload by curating the data to prevent data overload.
ProsEasy to use. Easy to share with url/password. Easy to build custom dashboards to curate the data for those who are less data hungry than others.
ConsNot as many native connectors to external data sources as I'd like. Although with Zapier integration, there are almost no limits (but not everyone has/wants Zapier). Getting social media follower data such as number of followers is not easy.
March 13, 2018
Frank M.
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 3, 2018

“easy to use and powerful”

Overallwe are covering all business intelligence and reporting aspects of our ecommerce company with datadeck. after just two weeks we setup all boards and cards to do so. super easy connection to our data sources, metrics and dimensions. just how it has to be
Prosit was really an easy start with datadeck. it's one of these software you start with ease and find step by step into it. the best of datadeck is maybe the support team. i really never found a more kind, friendly and skilled support behind an saas solution like the guys of datadeck. they are in the middle of an etl deployment and with this datadeck wins 10:1 against all business intelligence, reporting software we know. it's really a great win for us
Conshard to believe - but really, it's nothing to complain about with datadeck

By Ptmind on November 19, 2018
Frank, thank you so much for your support! You are a dream customer ;) If readers like to learn more about Health and Life, they can read their Datadeck case study: https://www.datadeck.com/en/case-study/Health-and-Life-AG
November 3, 2018
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
July 26, 2018

“Intuitive BI software with potential”

OverallSimplicity and speed via productivity. Collaboration.
ProsDataDeck allows me to generate easy to use dashboards with customized widgets of information directly from my google sheets. The tool is intuitive to use. The reports I generate are easy to share with my team mates. The team behind this have been continuously improving DataDeck by implementing new features from their roadmap. The support team is very responsive and are prompt in providing guidance.
ConsMy needs are not very complex, as I am just trying to summarize information from google sheets. DataDeck in its current form would serve small sized businesses and teams. I feel that for more advanced enterprise level requirements, I would feel a little iffy to try this out. I don't think DataDeck is there yet to compete with the likes of Tableau, QlikView and SpotFire. DataDeck's functionalities are improving, but it will take them time. I hope they make it to the big leagues some day.
July 26, 2018
Aaron P.
Business Development and Marketing
Automotive, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2019

“Great for keeping everyone on the same page”

OverallGreat product with cool design. Easy to use and set up and makes throwing up dashboards for teams easy.
ProsEasy to set up, can pull from A variety of sources.
ConsNot every source available to use for data analysis.
March 20, 2019

November 27, 2018
Ayman A.
Digital Marketing Director
February 23, 2018

“Client's heart winner dashboard tool”

ProsEasy to use Integrates with majority of data sources Fast loading Easy to customize data and charts
ConsIt's not an enterprise solution. SMBs can use it for sure At the time of this review, you can't change the charts /dashboard colors
February 23, 2018
Joe J.
November 20, 2018

“Keeping My Fingers On The Pulse of My Business”

ProsOnce setup, Datadeck does a great job of helping me visualize how my business is doing at a glance.
ConsThere are still some integrations that I wish that were available to be added to the dashboards.

By Ptmind on November 27, 2018
Hi Joe, Thanks for you review! What data sources are you looking for? You could connect with our Zapier connection to connect to over 1000+ different sources.
Internet, Unspecified
January 8, 2018

“Nice clear dashboards and easy update of custom datasource”

ProsFast, easy to use. Lots of different datasources and the custom datasources works like a charm. Use the dashboards to display data in Microsoft Teams so our teams have al the relevant information in just a click away.
ConsConversion from custom data from Excel datetime is not available in European. So I need the convert our data first. Would be nice to pre -select order of a column in a table view and to compare table data with previous period.
January 8, 2018
Gary S.
Founder & CEO
April 16, 2018

“Digital Dashboards With a Lackluster Look”

OverallThere are better options out there right now that offer better dashboard experiences for serious marketers.
ProsThe software does what it says and works ok. They offer a lot of integrations outside of the most popular apps. Dashboards are pretty easy to put together once you get the hang of the interface.
ConsThe look of the dashboard has a lot to be desired and I have had many clients complain that the data is very hard to read and just looks plain boring, especially compared to some competitors. They offer templates but each of them are missing important elements and you cannot combine templates.
April 16, 2018
Mark H.
Managing Partner
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“All Data on Deck!”

OverallThere was a learning curve, I would suggest not adding all your sources at once... But that was pure enthusiasm from pur side. Overall, DataDeck simplified looking at our data and make it more comprehensible.
ProsWhat is there not to like about this software? But mostly, obviously, is having all data in one place. Very convenient. And let's not forget about the sharing and collaboration functionality. With over 100 data sources to chose from, we got all our data centralized.
ConsThe sheer amount of datasources made us wonder If we were using the proper services for our use cases. But to be honest, that is not really a "con". I did make us rethink our software choises. Which is alway a good thing to do now and then.
Jim G.
Associate Director: Center Support
March 1, 2018

“DataDeck customer support has been awesome as we've been creating our first set of dashboards.”

ProsIt's simple and easy to use, the dashboards refresh quickly and their customer support has been extremely responsive. The dashboard building tool is straightforward and allows us to create some data sets for our internal employees we otherwise wouldn't have been able to create. The final dashboards are also clean and easy to read, which is important for sharing data with non-data folks.
ConsOverall, we don't have any major cons at this time. The only con is we would love to see more native data connections sources added, as opposed to having to rely on something like Zapier to make those connections.
March 1, 2018
Sam L.
marketing
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2018

“The Learning Curve Stopped ME”

Overallsolid. Overall my company is just too small right now to need it consistently
ProsAestetic. That it linked quickly and easily
Consthat it was easy to pick up but hard to continually use. the more robust features tripped me up

By Ptmind on November 25, 2018
Hi Sam, thanks for your review. I'm curious to hear which of the more "robust" features made it hard for you to keep using Datadeck? Also we offer a free Hobby plan which sounds like a good fit if there is little budget for software like this. Have a good day, Guy
Robert N.
March 27, 2019

“Amazing Product”

ProsThis was exactly what we were looking for. A simple software that takes data and spits out beautiful reports, what else coudl you ask?
ConsThe pricing structure feels a bit strange.
March 27, 2019

“Very good app”

ProsPossibility to customize things by my own needs (this is stupid...
ConsLack of some functionalities (I do not remember, but I have contact your customer support about that... so, you can find what it is about)
igor macedo m.
Empresário independente
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
November 16, 2018

“It has great functionalities”

ProsIt is simple practice, for me this is worth a lot because there is not time to get every function in the middle of so much information, met my expectations.
Conscan be a problem if you do not know basic English.

By Ptmind on November 19, 2018
Thanks Igor for the review. I guess we need to start looking into multi language support ;) Adding Spanish and Portuguese.
Kamarul A.
Building Manager
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 22, 2018

“All data in one place.”

OverallOverall, I love the easy user interface and user experience. Graphs and data are well sorted out. Perhaps in future we can see more data on what we chose in the cards.
ProsDatadeck is able to compile, display and consolidate my website's data in one place at a glance. I am also able to do the same with my Facebook Page, viewing its statistics and visitors data in just a few clicks.
ConsNot all data is available or perhaps is still in beta phase. The idea is good, just need a few improvements here and there.
November 22, 2018
January 4, 2018

“Never Added Promised Features, So Much Branding”

OverallI love the degree of customization I can get when working with Google Analytics.
ProsLets you easily control the data being input from Google sources, and display it in any way you like.
ConsMassive ads for DataDeck every time I share a dashboard with a client. Never adding any new integrations, some things it should be able to do it just plain doesn't.

By Ptmind on November 19, 2018
Hi there Reviewer, We have been taking your review very serious and I'm curious if you'd like to give Datadeck a new try. We added a bunch of new features, including a brand new UI, new integrations and data blending. I'm pretty sure you will like it and we love to get your feedback on it. Have a great day, Guy
Chris G.
March 23, 2018

“One of the best app to analyse your data and create report !”

ProsFlexible, full of options and features, easy to customize, great dashboard an report and very great interface. And last but not least very good customer support
ConsI don't have any major cons at this time. I will just say that I'm just waiting for more native data connections.
March 23, 2018
DaKari W.
Computer Software, Unspecified
April 1, 2018

“Concise platform to understand your data.”

ProsI enjoyed the easy way to attach my data sources from google analytics and being able to display the important information for customers. Excellent customer service.
ConsI wanted a few more features to customize my dashboard. I originally bought the service because I loved the dashboard presented in the demos. I wish the platform came with templates that could mimic the setups found in the example dashboards.
April 1, 2018
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use”

OverallAll in all it was a good tool that allowed us to share client metrics.
ProsIt was easy to get started and import data. I didn't need to go through documentations to get my dashboards up.
ConsIf you have a lot of data on your dashboards they can take a long time to load. While using the app they may also start reloading randomly.

By Ptmind on November 20, 2018
Hi reviewer, thanks for this review ;) If you have any suggestion to improve Datadeck, feel free to mention them to us. Have a great day, Guy
11-50 employees
January 4, 2018

“Frustrating. It looks like an abandoned product.”

Pros- Easy to use and share with clients. - Dashboard protected by password - Very customizable which allows me to create a dashboard in my native language.
Cons- There is no roadmap. - Facebook, Paypal and Yandex are "coming soon" since forever. - No white label option for the dashboard

By Ptmind on November 19, 2018
Hi there Reviewer, We have been taking your review very serious and I'm curious if you'd like to give Datadeck a new try. We added a bunch of new features, including a brand new UI, new integrations open roadmaps, weekly release notes and data blending. I'm pretty sure you will like it and we love to get your feedback on it. Have a great day, Guy
Michael N.
Data research and analytics Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
November 21, 2018

“Good but not perfect ”

ProsVariety of the plugins, easy to use, user friendly interface.
ConsI didn't find connectors such as hive hortonworks Cassandra and general JDBC/ODBC connector
November 21, 2018
Jenny R.
Web Developer I
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 27, 2018

“Sharing Google Analytics Data with multiple people is easy with public links to dashboards!”

ProsData Deck makes it easy to simplify the immense amount of data in Google Analytics and share it widely across our organization.
ConsIt would be nice to customize the dashboards with our own logo and color scheme. The dashboards are not very responsive to different desktop screen sizes, but there is a good mobile view.
February 27, 2018
Ben B.
CEO & Founder
January 4, 2018

“Went with Klipfolio, as datadeck just doesnt cut it with features. I use multiple social networks.”

ProsWas easy to setup google analytics, but lacks all other necessary integration's to other social networks and tracking systems.
ConsWent with Klipfolio, as Datadeck just doesn't cut it with features. I use multiple social networks and you just don't have enough integration. might as well use google analytics only... Check out your competition Klipfolio and sign up so you can scope what they have... Datadeck is light-years behind them...

By Ptmind on November 19, 2018
Ben, We have been taking your review very serious and I'm curious if you'd like to give Datadeck a new try. We added a bunch of new features, including a brand new UI, new integrations and data blending. I'm pretty sure you will like it and love to get your feedback on it. Have a great day, Guy
Kaushal A.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 2, 2018

“Easy to use interface. Excellent user experience.”

OverallIt helps you generate reports without any technical knowledge.
ProsI mostly use it with CSV files and I like the Drag and Drop feature for CSV Columns. The best part is integration with Slack. You can also post charts/tables in slack chat groups A user can easily generate Charts within few clicks.
March 2, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
November 17, 2018

“Excellent product.”

OverallLarge excel logs simplified
ProsAnalytical insights combined together for various platgorms.
Consnot really or not sure yey. lets see may be moretime..
November 17, 2018