Sowingo Ratings

Overall

About Sowingo

The best-run practices use Sowingo! Spend less time managing supplies and more time with patients - using the most powerful, easy-to-use dental inventory management platform. Learn more about Sowingo

Ayesha S.
February 6, 2018

“Sowingo has helped simplify the management and organization of our office's dental supplies.”

OverallThia software has been helpful for our office in managing and organizing our dental supplies. It keeps track of our supply levels but my favourite feature is that it also alerts us when specific items are running low or expiring so we are always stocked and prepared. The integrated marketplace is easy to navigate and it makes ordering supplies very quick and simple. We finally have an organized system in place for our dental supply inventory. Super helpful software that I'd recommend for any dental or medical practice.
ProsI like using the app and barcode scanner feature for removing items from our office inventory when they have been used and how easily items are added to the inventory when purchased through the software. It is fun and simple to use. Its pretty cool that everything is in real time and changes are made instantly. Also super helpful with locating what part of the office the items are kept because it has an option to label the inventory (eg. Back closet, Hallway closet) - helps keep our office much more organized than before. Its nice to be able to log in and see all the inventory that our office holds as well as its value, whats expiring soon, and what stock levels are low. For me I feel like it saves a ton of time and prevents the weekly headaches of sifting through supply binders. Our office feels much more organized.
Cait D.
Inventory Control Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“Sowingo Review”

OverallFantastic, we love this program and look forward to helping it grow.
ProsIts fantastic for keeping track of inventory levels, supplier information and cost. We like the new additions with the budgeting and tracking. Its easy to use, and the staff are amazingly responsive the moment you have an issue.
ConsItem tracking information is difficult to find. No static search bar. Only on Apple IOS When you scan an item to add or remove, there is a preset number "1", so if your not careful and you add "6" you will add "16"
Samantha S.
Dental Assistant
February 10, 2018

“Amazing product!! Definitely makes keeping track of inventory a lot easier. ”

OverallSaving Time, Keeping inventory always stocked and organized, and replenishing supplies has become super easy.
ProsWhat I like most about the product is definitely how time it saves when ordering products. Another great feature is the implant section. Keeping track of all the different sizes has never been easier.
ConsWhat I liked least about the product was not being able to input other products such as Implants, Cover Screws, membrane, and abutments. With my feedback, they added the implant section super quickly.
February 7, 2018

“Awesome experience! A well rounded software for the office.”

OverallLess paperwork, all online and keeps me organized
ProsAs a nurse I use Sowingo on a daily basis it helps me keep organized and informed. The medications tool alerts me on quantity on hand and expiry dates and the certification tool let's me know when our office needs to be updated next on things like CPR and licences.
ConsNewer updates can sometimes change the location of tabs...however they're usually not too hard to find or you can usually call customer service and they can help.
Pooran G.
February 1, 2018

“Sowingo is a great tool for ordering supplies and keeping track of inventory. ”

Overallsaves money and saves time. also eliminates stress of now knowing inventory levels and possible impending supply shortage.
ProsIt's great to be in control of supplies, sterilization etc and to know everything at a glance! I think we are roughly saving ~10-15% on supplies which has been great. It's great not to order last minute or be stuck.
ConsSome staff were not keen on it at first but it exceeded thier expectations! The staff love scanning with iPad!!!!
Emily D.
Dental assistant
February 6, 2018

“Love sowingo, super convenient and easy to use. ”

ProsThe inventory app saves me hours each time i place a big order. I'm always notified when products are running low in the office. Keeping up to date with expiry dates and low products can be very stressful but sowingo makes It super easy.
ConsI received some double emails after placing an order once but after I notified sowingo about it i haven't had any issues since.
Nicole K.
Dental assistant
February 12, 2018

“Easy to learn and very organized”

OverallWe had to purchase an apple product but it turned out to be beneficial as we now use other apps that are useful to our office
Pros- implant section - sterilization log - inventory updates and organization - everything is in one place now (no binders and invoices everywhere)
Corinna S.
Admin
February 6, 2018

“Very easy to use and helps with organization ”

ProsLove how I can keep track of everything and lets me know when I need to restock before it's too late.
ConsWe didn't have an apple product but we ended up getting the app on the iPod and it works. They didn't have a feature but they added it back with the feedback really quick. I forget the email account I was using when I didn't use it right away. But since then it's been great
Natalie S.
Front Admin
February 7, 2018

“Our experience with Sowingo has been great!”

OverallOur office really enjoyed the Monitors Section as it made our end of day report simple to do. It was very straightforward and easy to follow.
ProsAt our office, we enjoy that Sowingo is very user friendly as anybody can be trained to use it. Sowingo has made it easier for all our staff members to order dental products.
Vicky S.
Receptionist

“Save time”

OverallEasy to get the best prices and save money for the business with the link to market place.
ProsEasy to use for the whole team to have control of what they use. No longer run out of important items because someone forgot to request it, or took the last one without telling anyone.
ConsMaybe if it was easier to link to market place without coming out of the main shopping list.
candice j.
ITC
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“easy tracker to track inventory”

Overalloverall sowingo has great customer service and are willing to help with whatever you need.
Prosthis software allows us to track how much product we are using and helps with ordering. we can see what our other locations have and "shop" from our other locations before placing an order.
Conssome time the updates or add ins we need take awhile to get figured out.
September 5, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2018

“Sowingo - Cloud Based Inventory System”

OverallLess waste - since we receive warnings for any soon-to-expire products we are experiencing lower levels of wasted products/surgical items!
ProsThe cloud based system allows seamless access across our 4 locations. The Sowingo app allows us to assess and review our inventory levels from anyplace at anytime!
ConsThe app is only compatible with Apple products.
September 4, 2018
Daniel F.
May 28, 2018

“Great decision to save money on supplies”

OverallSaved money & time, less stress and work for staff tracking all our various supplies
ProsSo great to be organized and track our spending, know whats on the shelves and what we need to order next.
ConsThe set up was great in that we discovered how many expired items we had, which was painful to see but it's not Sowingo's fault we had so much waste.
May 28, 2018
Jas C.
Orthopaedic Surgeon
February 1, 2018

“The Sowingo platform and marketplace has made it easier for me to manage and order supplies. ”

ProsSowingo's flexibility in tracking inventory has been great. It's simple to sync the supplies and scan, with an iPod. It's great to spend less time and money on supplies!
ConsI did not realize there was a mobile application at first. However, once I learned about it I far preferred this modality to dynamically track supply usage and anticipate shortages.
Jennifer S.
Dentist Assistant
August 1, 2019

“Dental purchasing software ”

OverallI cannot place small orders anymore so I have to work closely with my team when placing orders so we get the free shipping.
ProsUsing the Sowingo software has been as easy transition from the other program we were using. I like the way all the manufactures are broken down and the software has an easy check out system.
ConsI wish it would show if the item was backordered And when it offers a "plus one" option to not automatically chose that for me. I don't need 10 packages of cement - so I have to pay close attention when ordering items that are on promo. The ODA trial should show the option when things have shipped or have them instock.
Diana M.
Endodontist
February 7, 2018

“Keeps my practice organized and saves me time and money!”

ProsEase of use! The scanner is fast, easy and fun to use. Keeps the practice organized...no more rush orders because we ran out of something without knowing it!
ConsInitially had some difficulty with navigating the software but customer support was amazing and had me up and running with it in no time!
Stella C.
Administrative Assistant
February 6, 2018

“Easy to learn and useful for the entire office. ”

ProsWhat I like the most about this software is the tracking of inventory and expiration dates, as well as being easy to learn.
ConsWhat I like the least about this software is the removal of the monitors section. It was useful for keeping track of our daily reports.
Laura L.
MRT(R)
February 6, 2018

“We use Sowingo at my workplace to track inventory and reorder”

OverallWe saved a lot of time and headache trying to keep track of inventory. It was simple and easy to manage with Sowingo.
ProsI like how the interface is simple and user friendly. It's also very easy to see how much supply we are using and when to reorder.
Vanessa G.
Hospital coordinator

“Great and effective ”

ProsIt's very efficient and I like keeping track of my supplies. Our office never runs out of anything. Sowingo always reminds us to stock up
ConsI do not like how they got rid of the monitors sections. It was very useful for out office. Please bring it back
Shannon H.
July 23, 2018

“Getting this software set up was incredibly easy, was able to ask several questions with the trial.”

Overallstreamlines inventory management and simplifies sterilization.
ProsThe general inventory is my favorite thing about the software. It's so easy to see what is in stock, and to add it in when new product is delivered. It's especially useful when seeing where we usually purchase what.
ConsThe program is very intuitive, but some staff have issues entering information in non paper format. That has been what I have liked the least about implementing the software, but does not land on the software's fault.
Harpreet G.
February 12, 2018

“Very easy to use and navigate”

ProsOne of my favourite things about the program is how user friendly it is. The site makes it very easy to find products that you need. Ordering and managing all inventory has become.much more efficient.
ConsThe only con I would say is that the inventory is growing so not everything is there however the customer support is fantastic and if something is not available on the website most often you can contact them and they will make sure you get what you need and is shortly posted on the website within a few days.
Maribel I.
Dental assistant, supply officer
January 23, 2018

“Make my life easier in terms of orders, inventory. Team is great, they attend promptly to my concern”

ProsThe ease of use. I can see my products right away by scanning and I can tell right away what do I need and what I am ok in terms of supplies. Synchronization is very easy
ConsThere were times that it would freeze, I have to power off and on. There were items that can't be scanned, have to do manual.

By Sowingo on January 25, 2018
Thanks so much Maribel for the feedback! We appreciate it and we are happy to report that we have released a newer version of the app. Let us know if you run into any issues as we are always striving to make Sowingo better!
January 23, 2018
Rakhi P.
Dentist/Owner
February 10, 2018

“My staff loves the inventory management component because it saves them time ”

Proslike cost savings and knowing that we are adequately stocked for upcoming cases because we are busy practice with high turn around.
Rosalia M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
July 31, 2018

“wonderful experience and excellent support when need assistance.”

Overallinventory control, expiration alerts, cost of suppliers
Prosable to track inventory and monitor cost of suppliers, excellent program! i would recommend this software for all your practice needs. general, oral surgery, even front desk .
Consinitial setup takes some time to get into the program but once that is completed, strongly recommend software.!
July 31, 2018
Jennifer S.
Lab assistant
July 23, 2018

“Overall great program and easy to use ”

ProsThe sterilization program was the best part of using sowingo it made keeping track of everything really organized!
ConsThe having to scan items every time you take it off the shelf, because some times there isn't time to do so and the inventory count is off at the end of the day
Timucin A.
DDS
October 2, 2018

“Sowing experience”

OverallThe biggest problem we had as a busy paediatric dental office was catching up the order list and expenses. I really like how easy the transformation from traditional stocking/charting to e-platform. I also really like to keep an eye on medications being used in our office-especially the sedative drugs-how much we are using and the alerts related the amount.
ProsEasy to use and integration to its designated app. To see everything (orders, alerts etc) in the home page. Marketplace is also very nice. Exceptional customer support.
ConsWish I can link my sterilization record via online as most of our records are stored in cloud base nowadays.
October 2, 2018
Melissa M.
February 2, 2018

“The customer service has been excellent. ”

ProsThis product has really helped my office keep track of our inventory. My staff find it very easy to use.
ConsNone that I've found so far. There are a few products that I couldn't find but I can just type them in and find them.
February 2, 2018
Melanie K.
Clinical lead

“Amazing ”

ProsTracking inventory is so easy. Love that you can see where you are spending.
ConsGeneral inventory and medications are separate so when searching you don't always see what you have
Melissa M.
February 12, 2018

“Sowingo is a great product for optimizing office supplies and ordering”

ProsEasy to use! This product is a great asset for dental offices and streamlines ordering. Its a great way to know what is in office.
ConsHarder to implement but worth it when its implemented! Best for larger office that have a lot of inventory.
Charlene S.

“time saving”

OverallSowingo has made my life much simpler when comes to placing our orders here at the office. This software is so user friendly and efficient
Prosease of use of this software as well as the costs are less than if i order direct from my dealer
Consthere is really nothing that i do not like about this software
Michael B.
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Simple to use”

ProsSoftware is simple to use. Easily search for items to buy and compare prices.
ConsThe site is not easy to use on a phone as it is not very mobile friendly.
Sue L.
Office manager

“I love sowing!”

OverallNo more waiting on hold to purchase items.....I get online and order any time of the day! It's easy, fast and efficient!
ProsIt's easy to use.....I have the opportunity to review other similar products before I order
ConsI haven't found anything I least like! It's so easy to use and gives you an opportunity to view other, similar products to compare.
Paritosh A.
Endodontist
February 12, 2018

“It is a must have tool to optimize your dental office! Highly recommended. ”

OverallThe initial set up takes time however, once everything is logged the system is seamless and saves you hours of organization and unwanted equipment costs.
ProsEase of use and good customer service. Really makes the organization of your inventory simple and efficient. It's a great tool.
Angèle C.
Certified Dental Assistant
Judiciary, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“Great value & easy to use”

OverallI was skeptical to use at first but we are saving money on sundries so everyone is happy in office.
ProsIt's easy to use & products are at a great deal.
ConsThe only problem I had was when I would sign out I was still signed in, but that was rectified
Sanjukta M.
August 1, 2019

“Easy way to save money on dental supplies”

OverallGreat customer experience. They provided a tutorial on how to use the software. Easy to use platform.
ProsEasy to use. Fast. Easy to compare prices.
ConsI wish the supply hub and deals were more prominent on the homepage.
Jill V.

“Sowingo ”

ProsIt was easy to use, it had all of the options I needed
ConsThere really wasn't anything I didn't like
Melissa F.

“Dental Office Manager”

OverallMy experience with Sowingo has been great. Some of the products are significantly cheaper, the customer service agent I spoke to was very knowledgeable, and the website was easy to use!
ProsThis software gives me the opportunity to be more efficient with my time because it is so easy to navigate.
ConsI haven't had any issues with Sowingo thus far.
Hamid M.

“User friendly ”

ProsOne stop shopping, great discounts, competitive pricing, fast delivery
ConsDescriptions are not detailed enough for some items, and some items don't show any photos or accurate photos.
john i.
dentist
August 17, 2019

“great product!”

ProsThe ease of the use was the best aspect to the software
ConsNeed more competitive pricing so that we can get the best value
August 17, 2019