HubSpot Marketing Automation Ratings

Overall

About HubSpot Marketing Automation

HubSpot marketing automation software is a powerful suite of tools that help you turn visitors into leads. You'll get lead flows, forms, kickback emails, analytics, and more -- all designed to make it easy for you to efficiently grow your business. Capture leads, learn who they are and what they're interested in, and optimize your marketing based on data, not guesswork. Sign up for free, get started in minutes, and start growing your business today with HubSpot marketing automation software. Learn more about HubSpot Marketing Automation

Higher Education, 11-50 employees
October 7, 2019

“Great Marketing Automation Software for the Small Business or Educational Institution”

OverallHubspot is an affordable marketing automation solution that works well for our small team. While it lacks some of the features or usability of its more expensive competitors, the tools can be leveraged to powerfully enhance the reach of a small marketing and admissions/sales team. The Hubspot Academy is a treasure trove of valuable educational and inspirational resources. For a small business/institution exploring marketing automation, Hubspot is a phenomenal place to begin.
ProsHubspot provides a self-service marketing automation solution that allows us to expand our admissions team exponentially by building workflows of automated emails, text messaging, and direct mail (with third-party integrations) that are triggered by a variety of criteria. It allows us to be sure that every prospect is receiving regular communication from our office, allowing the admissions reps to focus on only the leads that demonstrate the highest likelihood of enrollment.
ConsLimitations within the tool require a variety of workarounds, some of which are laborious. Duplicate entries are common due to Hubspot using email as the unique identifier (Hubspot has added a contact ID to help address this, along with tools to sort through duplicates). Hubspot's workflow tool is basic by comparison with some of the more costly and sophisticated marketing automation solutions.
October 7, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2019

“HubSpot is a very useful email marketing and automation tool.”

OverallIt has been very useful indeed. Through my use of HubSpot over the last 2 years we have successfully launched tele-marketing, email marketing, and SMS marketing campaigns. HubSpot customer support have provided exceptional service throughout this period, giving us early access to the drag & drop email builder while it was in Beta. This enabled us to scale our email marketing operations much quicker than we anticipated. Their customer support and account management teams will always go the extra mile to help you. There have been one or two usability issues which I have mentioned but besides this it's a tool I will continue to use and one I will recommend for mid-size companies which need an automated direct marketing tool.
Pros- Intuitive UX (mostly). - Extremely efficient and pro-active customer support - they will always go the extra mile for you, including creating draft workflows to demonstrate how certain features work. - The new drag & drop email builder.
Cons- Clarity of which integrations are possible with HubSpot, including the accuracy of Google Analytics attribution of HubSpot emails, and whether it is possible to design and launch push notifications through HubSpot. - The drag & drop email builder can sometimes be quite inflexible, but this is improving with additions of features like personalisation tokens. - Some features are little hidden and unintuitive, such as the power of building custom reports. - The way some default filters work are also unintuitive, but I imagine these will gradually be improved (for example, there's no option to segment users in lists exactly {30 days before/after} a contact status change - combinations like "more than 30" but "less than 31" have to be used to achieve this).
Jonathan J.
Head of Marketing
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
October 3, 2019

“Finally I am on HubSpot!”

OverallOver my career, I have been part of the implementation team for four other platforms. I finally got onto HubSpot and am very pleased with its capabilities. My team has adopted well, the integrations to other platforms are nice also. Overall, this has been a great experience. However, one major negative is how our account was handled. On-boarding was really not that valuable for us, we felt rushed and it was on HS time not ours. There also seems to be a lot of turnover happening in HS and my sales rep went completely dark on us when we needed them, no transition plan was brought forward. We also paid for a monthly strategy person who was great at the start, left HS, and my group was thrown into another person's account. That person tried their best to pick up the pieces but we ultimately were paying good money in strategic support and got nothing from it. No credit was issued, just admittance of how it was handled poorly with an apology. I do now have an account manager who has been with HS for more than 5 years and is truly great to work with.
ProsUp-time, hardly ever system outages or glitches. Increased team efficiencies. The ability to use HubSpot as workaround solutions for other areas of marketing where we need to execute something we can figure out a way within HS to make it work. Landing pages, forms, workflows, and all other tools within the Marketing platform have been great. Easy to use, easy to train, and easy to transition to.
ConsSome basic things you think should be included are not. For example, workflow chat transcripts are not available neither is the ability to identify profiles with multiple or secondary email addresses. Also, the drag and drop builder is nice but limited as you oftentimes find errors when trying to embed code within the template, it get denied even though you are able to select html editing.
Sean E.
Technical Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

“CRM Powerhouse”

OverallI've been using Hubspot Marketing Hub for over a year now across multiple businesses of all shapes and sizes. What they all value is the advanced automation. Having an all-in-one website and CRM platform integrated with their social media, blog, sales pipeline etc, etc... All of their contacts are in one place with extensive information on their interactions with the brand - what content they are actively engaged with. It's truly valuable for medium to large businesses looking to utilise data and automation in their business.
ProsExcellent CRM for sales and automation. Innovative workflow triggers allow for nearly any automation solution you can think of. Assigning tasks to sales team members, automatically moving deals to different stages of the pipeline, automating emails and communications. Hubspot is an advanced and genuinely useful software for marketers in particular.
ConsConsidering these advanced features, it can be quite expensive. So it's not for every business.
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
October 2, 2019

“Best All Around Marketing Platform for Small to Mid Sized Businesses”

OverallHubspot is the solution that propelled a single position into an entire digital marketing department. The learning curve can be steep for anyone new to this type of automation and integration, but is supplemented by Hubspot Academy's learning resources and certifications. Overall, the basic environment is intuitive and features are relatively easy to use.
ProsHubspot has every essential feature you need to build and manage a digital marketing department. From CRM and lead forms to email automation and content marketing to advance reporting; almost anything that is missing from the platform can be easily integrated either thru partnerships or Zapier APIs and web hooks. Hubspot keeps up with the fast changing landscape of digital marketing with regular launches of new features like chat bots and improved contact management. Managing several brands thru one enterprise portal, I am able to track deliverables from various divisions, monitor multiple team progress, and aggregate lead acquisition strategies to maximize talent resources. I recommend Hubspot to all small to mid sized businesses.
ConsHubspot is a jack of all trades, yet master of none. Unless you pay for add-on features, your company will miss out on the more powerful integrations, reporting, and paid ads. Otherwise, Hubspot's normal customer service is really just a human connection to their extension support docs. For any custom or complicated support requests, pay the extra for designated priority tech support. Sending 12 million emails and 6,000 social posts annually for multiple brands through a single portal sometimes can to be difficult to work around. Some improvements are rolled out that aren't always an improvement over their previous features.
Tyler F.
Senior Marketing Specialist - Landscape
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“HubSpot Review”

Overall(1) Fluid trial integration between HubSpot and Salesforc, allowing our company to streamline the sales person to reach out quicker. (2) TONS of data cleanup
ProsIntuitiveness. We've had several interns throughout the last 2 years of working in HubSpot and they've picked it up easily because of this. Cloning. Makes it simple if you're only changing one or 2 conditions/criteria in a list or email. GoToWebinar integration. Key for our monthly webinars. Variety of ways to create a list/workflow. We work on many different nurture campaigns with different qualifiers for each.
ConsIt does tend to get buggy from time to time - for example right now I'm experiencing an issue in email when I go to replace a link, it won't paste to the text box, it'll paste outside of the hyperlinked words in the actual email, quite weird.
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great Marketing Automation Tool for Small Teams”

OverallHubSpot allows us to communicate with our database, create landing pages, website form, and track what people are doing on our website. It gives us great insight on who is interested in learning more about our company and makes it simple for us to communicate with prospects.
ProsI love the marketplace for email templates, landing page templates, etc. As a small company, we do not have the resources to build out our own templates from scratch so this is extremely helpful. Their support is pretty top-notch! Everytime I reach out, they are very responsive and I've even had some people go above and beyond for support. This is so helpful to me and my team.
ConsThe reporting functionality is limiting and the workflows seem more like workarounds rather than a true integration functionality. It's very difficult to pull some basic reports on form submission and I am unable to pull a report for multi-channel attribution. We use the workflows to integrate with Salesforce and it honestly feels like a workaround rather than a true integration set-up. If you're editing a workflow and something going wrong, you have the potential of impacting your whole database. Their social media publishing abilities are limited. It's not a main reason why we use this so we rely on something else for social.
September 17, 2019
August 14, 2019

“Great product that's easy to use. Onboarding was great!”

OverallHubSpot is great. The on-boarding team was really great. I would have liked to have a personalized training track because it's overwhelming (in a good way) to have so many videos and tutorials. The best part is everyone on my team is happy - easy of use, the information is presented cleanly, etc. We've got lots more to go be so far, it's been a great move for us.
ProsEasy to set up. Their on-boarding team was amazing. Creating emails is simple. Customizing it for our needs was great. We've also migrated our site to the CMS. We aren't live but the migration went really smoothly.
ConsI think the workflow tool could use some work. I'm disappointed at the limited number of dashboards you can have with our plan. I am also disappointed at the # of templates we can have with our plan. With respect to on-boarding, I would have liked a more comprehensive training track. There's so much to learn that you get overwhelmed. It would be great if they guided you through a track.
August 14, 2019
Sean D.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 2, 2019

“A platform with a soul- HubSpot keeps marketing human with products built on best practices”

OverallHubSpot is the best tool to use when learning marketing automation. Our marketing team uses HubSpot Enterprise for emails, forms, landing pages, web chat, and social scheduling. Our biggest pain point has been our third-party integration with our CRM-- we use Microsoft Dynamics 365. The more tools/features you're able to use in HubSpot, the more convenient (and powerful) it becomes as you really can benefit from having "everything you need in one place". But as companies grow, it gets harder and harder to maintain that vision. I wish we could take advantage of all of the HubSpot Enterprise features we pay for but too many of our existing tools overlap with them and that's where the importance of reliable integrations come into play.
ProsHubSpot has allowed us to streamline our marketing efforts so we can focus on what really matters. With We've been able to automates so many mundane processes that we used to do manually thanks to HubSpot workflows. HubSpot's ease of use also makes training and transferring ownership/management of the tool more efficient. What I liked: Simple, intuitive fool-proof interface Great support and learning resources HubSpot Academy makes it easy to learn marketing automation Workflows look like they were designed by a kindergartener-- I love how simple they are to understand and build
ConsSix months into using HubSpot we outgrew the "honeymoon phase" as we started running into limitations with the platform, mostly involving integrations with other tools we use. At the end of the day, HubSpot is phenomenal at what it does but has real limits to it's function and flexibility-- it doesn't scale comfortably to larger enterprise companies/databases. If HubSpot fits within the scope of your company's marketing needs, it's a delight to use. HubSpot is built by marketers for marketers and it's run by a very human company that injects soul and purpose into it's products. Improvements I'd like to see: Better CRM function-- it was too limited for us to use Greater flexibility with reporting custom dashboards Ability to use spend/budget data from LinkedIn Ads connection Ability to A/B test automated emails without workaround
Julia T.
Marketing CRM Coordinator
Law Practice, 201-500 employees
June 12, 2019

“Automation Workflows”

OverallI enjoy using the automation workflows! They are my favorite to set up and monitor in HubSpot. I love the flexibility of the application and the user-friendly quality that makes it easier for me explain how the workflow operates.
ProsWorkflows are easy to set up and can be used for a wide range of purposes, from nurturing leads to tracking event registrations. I have also used them for data management by copying data from the company level into the contact level. I am also able to test the workflow before activating and see which contacts would be enrolled in the workflow based on my enrollment criteria. I can also stop and adjust the workflow settings at any time.
ConsWorkflows have some limitations on the triggering criteria, time settings and company properties. Overall there is a lot of freedom on how to set up workflows. Only occasionally I will hit a curb but I can still get the job done.
June 12, 2019
MD Masoom R.
Sr Executive Sales and Research
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
June 11, 2019

“Great Marketing Automation Platform.”

OverallOverall my experience with HubSpot is amazing. I am using it on a daily basis and found it very helpful for my work. I am using it for campaign creation, campaign management, bulk emails sending to customers and new prospects, tracking emails, bounce rates, open rate, click rates which is a very amazing feature and accurate. I love the way I can manage all data and information which in it and fetching reports and creating dashboards is very easy and very informative in it.
ProsI like HubSpot easy to use user interface and powerful marketing automation feature the most. I love HubSpot mobile app which is very easy to use and effective, because of this now anyone can access their HubSpot account from anywhere easily with their mobile app and on the other hand I like their dashboard reports and email tracking system too.
ConsThere is one thing that I dislike about it and want to highlight it which is HubSpot is a little bit expensive but I can say also that this platform is worth to spend.
June 11, 2019
Dayana C.
periodista
Public Relations and Communications, 201-500 employees
June 5, 2019

“The benefits of hubspot”

OverallIn general, hubspot is updated in a contacting manner that allows me to create a list of different groups, build my database so that the sales team can do a more efficient job and focus the strategies specific to each work group
ProsIt is a software dedicated to automate marketing actions, where many departments must automate tasks related to emails, social networks, in addition to those that are related to websites, in order to facilitate tasks. With hubspot you can manage contacts, activities related to websites, Live Chat, Conversational Bots, Marketing by mail, Ad Retargeting, among others. It should be noted that with this Software, it helps create optimized content for search engines, in turn generates user traffic on the website or blogs. This software is recommended to all professionals dedicated to digital marketing, because it unifies all the necessary tools into one, so they can do the work in less time. In addition, consumers are no longer only in the email, nor do we have to rely solely on their actions in this medium. Personally, what I like most about this software is that it has a free plan and allowing any company to use it, in case of wanting a paid version it has good prices. Among other benefits of hubspot, is that you can easily see the workflow that has had a client powers, such as downloads and their interactions with the company's website, this option is great, because it can help to know how many potential customers are ready for another email or a call. It is important to note that once downloaded the program on your computer is integrated with all the tools that are already being used.
ConsAmong the disadvantages of this program is: that you do not have any tool that can merge the contact information of different organizations. It does not have the ability to register several email addresses of the same contact, this weakness is palpable at the moment of conversation by email with a user, because if we want to contact you by another address via e-mail is very difficult to connect . You can not ignore unimportant records, this is to facilitate the reading of relevant interactions. If you have a company that wants a smooth and powerful solution to manage contacts, that can see the visibility of the work, this program is not recommended
June 5, 2019
Brian P.
Associate Software architect
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“An incorporated way to deal with marketing materials”

OverallHubspot has enabled me to work in a composed and quick way, without bringing about any mishaps. Today I have 3 accreditations supported by this stage and I truly comprehend and apply the Inbound Marketing system that is the fundamental base of Hubspot. It is astounding to deal with the site of the organization where I work and I trust that the expense/item proportion is reasonable. Picking Hubspot as our essential work instrument has been an incredible choice.
ProsThe genuine estimation of HubSpot Marketing is the reconciliation of each promoting stage. Blogs, email, landing pages, workflows, work processes and more can without much of a stretch be made - and incorporated - for a simple to utilize, across the board promoting entryway. Fundamentally, my organization utilizes HubSpot to rapidly construct and distribute blog entries. With the inherent online life apparatus, you can without much of a stretch offer the blog entry to your crowds. At that point, you can repurpose the substance you previously made for an email battle. Another most loved component: you can create beautiful landing pages. With this, you can make delightful presentation pages that make it simple for clients to change over to a deal, or showcasing qualified lead. Another extraordinary component is the examination instrument. You can see the presentation of each showcasing component in one nitty gritty dashboard. This encourages you see what's working - and so forth. This truly helped my organization put their advertising dollars where they're most powerful and effective.
ConsThere's only a couple of disadvantages to HubSpot, from my point of view. HubSpot works best when you can create a lot of substance. HubSpot is extraordinary at making your substance lovely and compelling, however in case you're not delivering content, you won't get the full esteem. Second, the valuing level for HubSpot can be somewhat steep for private companies without optional salary. I'd state the administration is as yet justified, despite all the trouble, yet the speculation requires talk and responsibility from the group to be an extraordinary venture. Ultimately, HubSpot requires an on boarding charge with each new contract. Presently, this on boarding expense isn't enormous, yet this was a hindrance for passage for my organization when we initially joined. The on boarding process unquestionably helped my group take advantage of HubSpot, be that as it may, as I stated, it was a slight obstacle for the group while considering HubSpot.
May 21, 2019
Priscilla D.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Hubspot is a marketer's best friend”

OverallOverall, their sales people are fantastic! Before you buy - ask a ton of questions and make them show you everything. Get their sales folks to help you build custom reports. Ask them to help you import. Do all of this during the demo because once you're onboarded, it's much harder to get help. We ended up hiring a Hubspot Expert to help us get everything we need, but we also have some really complicated features we wanted to track like online courseware. For 99% of businesses, hubspot is the best at what they do.
ProsHubspot is a seriously my best friend. I've been using hubspot for the last 18 months and after my first introduction with the tool, I now recommend it to every single client I have. What I love most is how easy it is to sync up with Gmail, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Woocommerce, Facebook and the list goes on and on. We've also synced Hubspot up with our LiveChat tool versus using the native inbox (Hubspots Chat) feature. Hubspot now tracks visitors and upon a form submission, checkout submission, a contact is created and we track the entire lifecycle from browser to buyer and retention. We can then record all interactions we have via email so the next person that touches that customer has the entire history. The workflow automations are fantastic for staying in touch with both clients and browsing visitors. We have 10 different workflows set up based our marketing goals to make sure subscribed clients are staying engaged with our product and then for leads we can add point values for every time a successful action is taken. I could write a sonnet on how much I love Hubspot's features and how easy they make it to love this tool. Hubspot easily replaces 5 other tools. What we use most is Landing Pages, Forms, Workflow Automations, Tasks triggered by website actions, and the dashboards. Dashboards are a reporting layout with widgets some of which are standard out of the box and the others are custom reports that we've created.
ConsWhat I don't like about Hubspot is that their services are all "add-on". We started off with the free plan and then upgraded to the marketing plan, but then needed to add on the Sales plan for at least one user. Down the road we had to purchase an add-on for reporting because we wanted more than 10 dashboards. It feels a little like a nickle and dime tactic. But, I will admit it's smart business-wise. I probably wouldn't have signed up for hubspot with the price I'm paying now... so they make you love them and you willing fork over tons of cash to keep their brilliant shiny tool. The other feature that was a bit combersome at first was the landing pages. The few they give you are super blah... but they have free templates you can download. What they don't tell you is you need to edit the master files in the template to change the logo, footer, etc.... and that was super hard at first. I wanted to throw my laptop the first few times I build a landing page in Hub.
January 9, 2019
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees
October 15, 2018

“I am not a marketer. Hubspot was the right pick for me. ”

OverallI LOVE this platform. Onboarding is great. My support person (yes, you get a dedicated success manager that you actually form a relationship with and can help you navigate intricate projects, offer suggestions, advice or just listen as moral support and confirm you are on the right path ANYTIME) is fantastic, the software is in my opinion best in class. The contract renegotiation process is a bit of a bummer. Some of the folks there aren't the easiest to talk to or deal with. My hope is that they can fix the issues and shine in this area too. Product developers and bright and knowledgeable and they are constantly improving the platform to our delight.
ProsI am not a marketer. In fact, it was a hat I took on with my family's Small business just to help out. Boy are we all glad we did. First of all, it is intuitive. There isn't a page in Hubspot that doesn't offer help in the form of written, video and linked tutorials. It's all in-line too. I don't have to open a different screen most of the time. I can easily and quickly solve my issue or learn something new right within the page I am working on. It's been a game changer. It helps me be a better writer. Hubspot offers suggestions for how to compose and email, a landing page, an offer pop up. It also offers on page SEO and optimization help, identifying potential issues and offering suggestions before you publish it. It caters to all ability levels. From a novice to an expert, there is something for everyone and online training to match whatever level that may be. It also has incredible value. There are so many extras packed into Hubspot. Chat, automation, graphic editor, asset management, CRM, extreme integrations, and a wide open API.
ConsObvs the price. It's pricey. We have 3 different locations of the same franchise and we operate them as one business. But because we are required to have 3 domains, we were forced into the enterprise license. It is a lot for a small business with lean operations to pay. Luckily we negotiated a great deal for the time being so it isn't breaking us.
October 15, 2018
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
September 5, 2018

“My Would "Bring to a Deserted Island" Software”

ProsWhere do I start with my love for HubSpot. Our marketing team has been using HubSpot's Marketing Automation for 6 years, and we have seen a world of difference in our inbound strategy. From email drafting to analytics, social publishing, blog hosting, ABM (account-based marketing) and site traffic - it helps marketers keep track of nearly everything going on. I mainly use the social publishing and tracking feature and the email scheduling tool. I can say I wouldn't be able to organize my social conversations with customers nor would I be able to schedule posts ahead of time and track their progress with such accuracy without HubSpot. The email section of the software is great too. I can tell who opens, reads and clicks on our emails - how long they spend reading and each email's conversion rate. I can also do A/B testing to track which types of emails perform best. If your marketing team has a budget for automation software, HubSpot should definitely be on your radar. As a medium-sized company with a small marketing team of 5, it's the perfect size for us. We have HubSpot's Enterprise Level Contract, which gives us access to all of their features. If your marketing team is small - a less expensive plan might be where you want to start out. They also offer sales solutions that fully integrate with their marketing platform, so everything stays consistent and everyone from sales to marketing is on the same page.
ConsHubSpot is pretty close to perfect, and my complaints are minor. From a social tool standpoint, I wish publishing across platforms was more consistent, often images and text sizing is a bit off in the actual social site. I also wish they would increase monitoring from just Twitter to both LinkedIn and Facebook. Design limitations have been a slight issue for us in the past as well, but usually we can work around these and design items in house.
September 5, 2018
Taylor D.
Copywriter & Digital Strategist
11-50 employees
August 1, 2018

“An integrated approach to deploy marketing materials and analyze performance. ”

OverallWe saw an initial bump in lead generation when implementing HubSpot. Then, over the course of six months, we saw steady growth - particularly in generating new contacts, leads, and conversions. The blog integration with landing pages really increased our conversion rate of customers. This made it easy for audiences to learn about our services, then go to the landing page to sign up for a free meeting / demonstration of our services. This really moved the needle in terms of lead gen. We also saw our social media following grow, not just in overall followers, but also the engagement rate of our followers. Also, HubSpot made it easy to see the most popular content, across every form of marketing. We used this info to shape our overall digital strategy, influencing the type of content we produce. HubSpots CRM also helped us keep tabs on customers who were most likely to convert to sales. This was especially important, since our business needs truly qualified leads - not just contacts - that we can work through the sales funnel and the buyers journey. The best benefit though? Keeping all our marketing materials in one place. No more jumping between multiple platforms, programs, and in-app designs. Just one platform. Saves a bunch of time and headaches.
ProsThe true value of HubSpot Marketing is the integration of every marketing platform. Blogs, email, landing pages, workflows and more can easily be created - and integrated - for an easy to use, all in one marketing portal. Primarily, my company uses HubSpot to quickly build and publish blog posts. With the built-in social media tool, you can easily share the blog post to your audiences. Then, you can repurpose the content you already created for an email campaign. Another favorite feature: the landing page builder. With this, you can create beautiful landing pages that make it easy for customers to convert to a sale, or marketing qualified lead. Another great feature is the analytics tool. You can see the performance of every marketing element in one detailed dashboard. This helps you see what's working - and what's not. This really helped my company put their marketing dollars where they're most influential and impactful.
ConsThere's only a few drawbacks to HubSpot, from my perspective. HubSpot works best when you can produce a large amount of content. HubSpot is great at making your content beautiful and effective, but if you're not producing content, you won't get the full value. Second, the pricing-tier for HubSpot can be a little steep for small businesses without discretionary income. I'd say the service is still worth it, but the investment requires discussion and commitment from the team to be a great investment. Lastly, HubSpot requires an on boarding fee with each new contract. Now, this on boarding fee isn't huge, but this was a barrier for entry for my company when we first joined. The on boarding process definitely helped my team get the most out of HubSpot, but, as I said, it was a slight hurdle for the team when considering HubSpot.
Mariana H.
Ejecutiva de Inbound Marketing
51-200 employees
August 1, 2018

“I have found the Hubspot Software as an useful, dynamic, agile and easy to use tool for work ”

OverallHubspot has allowed me to work in an organized and fast way, without causing any setbacks. Today I have 3 certifications endorsed by this platform and I really understand and apply the Inbound Marketing methodology that is the main base of Hubspot. It is excellent to manage the website of the company where I work and I believe that the cost / product ratio is fair. Choosing Hubspot as our primary work tool has been a great decision.
ProsI work for a marketing agency and I use the Hubspot Software to manage the website of the enterprise. What i like the most about Hubspot is that it's frequently updating its functions, always at the forefront of changes in the market. As well, I love from Hubspot the Social Media tool, I can schedule all my post faster than others software or apps, and I can keep even-minded because I know all my post will be published on time. When I have to write a post I love it helps me to apply SEO correctly, and it's very easy to put pictures into the text. Hubspot is not only a tool for work, it's also a platform that allows me to learn and certificate new skills with the courses of the learning center, which has allowed me to become a better professional in my work area and it will be useful for me to find new job opportunities. Hubspot is very functional and complete, I can even schedule corporate email with smart delivery, in such a way that the arrival time of the mail fits the time zone of each recipient. I have tried others software for blogging before, but I really think Hubspot Software is the best of all.
ConsI don't have many complaints about this software, I have had a great experience during all this time. I know it's not perfect, but what I also know and I can notice daily is that the Hubspot Team is always worried about improving it's services. Maybe, what I like least about this software is that, sometimes, the platform falls when it's being updating any detail, is a bit annoying but I think is necessary because the reward is a functional, fast and useful service.
Casey C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
June 5, 2018

“Tons of features, great training and support, but lots of caveats”

ProsAmazing, if not the best user-experience in marketing automation. Workflows are particularly powerful with plenty of controls to map your buyer journeys. You can execute very powerful campaigns with tons of triggers, actions, and filtering options. I really liked their training, including the HubSpot academy training which are built very professionally. The way they present their e-Learning platform makes the information easy to digest and ultimately understand the inbound marketing methodology. That is in itself worth the cost of admission, even though this is provided free of charge.
ConsHubSpot Marketing is an excellent solution, undoubtedly, but you will get about 80% of the features if you host your website externally. Initially, they will assess if your site can be migrated to their platform. I imagine plenty of people would rather not do that. If you want a solution that you have to marry, then HubSpot will be okay for you. They say you can utilize the majority of HubSpot features without hosting, and that is true, but some of their more advanced features such as A/B testing content on web pages or Smart Content will not be utilized. You can still utilize workflows, drip campaigns, and so forth...but these features are only available in the per month plan. Additionally, if you run multiple websites, you must have their per month plan, which is well out of our budget. On top of that, there are certain modules (i.e. paid campaign tracking, additional contacts) that they will charge additional for. For every 1000 contacts past 1000 you get with the package, they will charge an additional monthly fee. There is also a fairly high onboarding cost. You are also required to commit to one year of their services. All in all we could not afford to do business with HubSpot because A) we didn't want to move our websites under their platform and B) their price point was not accommodating to our budget. As far as features and functionality...it's all you really need for marketing automation. Their CRM is lackluster though if you want true alignment!
June 5, 2018
Josh G.
Account-Based Marketing Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Easy-to-use but robust software that delivers value for any-sized copmany”

OverallTracking all data from content to marketing automation within a single platform is extremely helpful for us. We've been able to align more in our inbound and outbound efforts and have the ability to create simple or sophisticated marketing plans with HubSpot.
ProsCustomized dashboard for a quick snapshot to help track our department's KPIs Support is responsive and always prompt to help answer your inquiries. They are currently in beta for live chat and I love that instant answers to your problems. They also send email follow-ups to make sure you're happy. Knowledge-base is excellent to help solve problems you come across on the platform or in marketing in general. HubSpot Academy is an excellent resource to learn about important topics in Marketing, Sales, and Design. They're always updating materials for the courses and you get certified at the end of so many lessons, which is a bonus for any LinkedIn profile or resume. Robust amount of features and tactics to use within the platform but not necessary to use them all. Great for any-sized companies. Ability to request product features from the community User-friendly Workflows tool that allows you to create a workflow process using different elements of data.
ConsChanges are always rolling out, which can be hard to keep up-to-date on them all Not fully prepared for features getting removed, renamed or consolidated. We have to play catch-up at times to adjust to what has changed. Design Manager is confusing for someone without coding knowledge. Really wish they would integrate a drop and drag feature to create simple emails and landing pages, most importantly. Reporting from the Sales vs. Marketing dashboard can be confusing. I get two different metrics in certain cases, but it's because one's default is different than the other. Can't create lists of accounts/companies, for company's running an ABM program. Can't add external landing pages to Campaigns in HubSpot, only HubSpot created landing pages, which makes reporting cumbersome.
hannah b.
Lead Client Success Guide
April 24, 2018

“Wildly convenient because every marketing tool I need is in one place”

OverallI have access to all the major marketing tools and all the education I need to make sure I understand the market and how to better connect with my audience. HubSpot is a great tool that helps businesses reach their goals and grow by growing their online presence.
ProsI like that it hosts literally everything you need tool wise to help you execute your marketing strategy. Having the blogging and social sharing platforms in one place has been extremely easy to use. They truly set you up for success by having tons of resources, checklists, etc. available so that you know how to market and connect with your audience.
ConsSpecifically for the software, I do not understand the Design Manager. This directly affects your marketing because if you are editing a template so that it is unique for the campaign you are working on you have to use the design manager. I think it is confusing to anyone who does not understand coding. The old design manager made way more sense to me. Looking at HubSpot as a product it is not convenient that their tier metric is contacts and the annual payment is inconvenient. As a HubSpot partner, we sell this to customers and lose a bunch of them because the annual price or we lose customers from going to Pro rather than basic because the contact metric will screw them over and they will wind up paying more.

By HubSpot on May 7, 2018
Hello Hannah! Thank you for taking the time to write this review - we appreciate you giving us feedback on our product! I am so happy to hear that you have been so happy with the software up to this point - it sounds like you are doing an amazing job at using all the tools available to you! As far as room for improvement - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the new Design Manager, it can definitely be a bit overwhelming to a new user, particularly one who does not understand coding. We are working on producing more instructional content to help with this process but, in the meantime, here is one article that has some helpful instructions as well as links to other helpful pieces of content (https://designers.hubspot.com/blog/introduction-to-the-design-manager). I would love to talk more about this and the other issues you have brought up. If you are open to it, please reach out to us at the email provided. Thank you again for the review Hannah!
April 24, 2018
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Insurance, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“A Big Product”

ProsHubspot Marketing is a big product. It can do a lot. There are so many tools and features. Sometimes too many to use. We didn't know anything about using Hubspot Marketing before we started. Hubspot taught us all we know. Their training courses are easy to watch and easy to understand, but there is a learning curve. As with anything in marketing, results do not happen overnight. We started using Hubspot Marketing in February of 2014. It took us 8-12 months to really start seeing major results. During this time, we had a personal customer success manager who was helping us along the way. Flash forward over 4 years later and we are still using Hubspot Marketing. We primarily use it to host our blog content, CTAs, and landing pages.
ConsWe would not be where we are without Hubspot Marketing. With that said, we feel like we are not fully using Hubspot to its potential. Unfortunately, because all of our marketing content is tied into Hubspot, we continue to pay for the software. It is hard to move your content to another provider (or just export your content to your own server), so sometimes we feel locked in. Another con is that you will be automatically charged for contacts if you go over your limit. Once this happens, you are automatically moved into a higher level plan until you get in touch with Hubspot and tell them you would like to move back down to a lower plan. To do this, you have to sign another contract with them at the lower plan. We are always checking our statements to make sure we have not been automatically moved into a higher plan automatically.
April 23, 2018
April 11, 2018

“Liked it at first, then proved to be too expensive to justify.”

ProsHubSpot makes it very easy to setup a blog and email based online business. Their ability to segment, tag and reach out to our list is powerful. Plus, their Calls to Action feature is very nice. The platform was very reliable and I don't recall having downtimes with it.
Cons1. Customization: They provide a template marketplace, but designs are limited and difficult to change unless your know their special markup and CSS. Most businesses will eventually require an expensive HubSpot-specific developer to tweak their website's appearance. We grew tired of needing more customization as the years went by and started looking at DIY page builder options in the market as an alternative. 2. High cost: Hubspot is *expensive*. It became even more expensive when we needed a specific feature which required us to jump into the per month Enterprise tier package (at the time).This tier included the feature we needed plus many others we honestly didn't need (but no ala carte options were available). In the end, after reviewing the high monthly costs and features, we realized we could replace HubSpot with WordPress (blog) + ActiveCampaign (email, tags, segmenting) + LeadPages (landing pages) + ConvertPlus (lightbox popups, hello bars). Two months later, the migration was complete and we canceled HubSpot. Our monthly costs dropped. With the money saved, we expanded our staff and advertising budgets. Regarding canceling, keep in mind they require 45 days written notice, not the usual 30 days. They use debt collectors (McCarthy, Burgess & Wolff, Inc) on unpaid balances.
April 11, 2018
December 13, 2017

“My Experience with HubSpot Marketing Automation Platform as a HubSpot Partner Agency”

OverallKnowledge and Insight. Knowlege is power and having insight into all activities your marketing, sales and business development team implement is extremely powerful in knowing where to tweak things and where you excel. Shooting blindly from the hip on massive marketing campaigns is extremely expensive and rarely effective for increasing your ROI. But with the knowledge and insight, the HubSpot MAP provides you, you always know what you're doing, why you're doing it, the ROI of your campaigns and where you are lacking. Not having to rely on the complexity of Google Analytics or manual entry of Excel is a huge time and money saver. You also don't have to have a million different tools, software and extensions to try to piece together your marketing strategy, analytics and results. This eliminates about 90% of all the tools you are paying for and using and brings it all into one single platform. Not to mention that it's merely impossible to get all the third-party tools and integrations to talk to each other to give you one bottom line result. With the HubSpot MAP's benefit of cutting hours and labor basically pays for the cost of the software itself. Knowledge is power and time is money.
ProsObviously, as it's stated in its name, but the Automation part of the platform. The workflows, lists, how a published blog with automatically distribute your blog via your social media accounts, the analytics of how well your strategy, content, and workflows are working, etc. are all exceptional qualities to the HubSpot MAP. The abundance of features and abilities available to a user is endless and always being updated, upgraded or enhanced. I love how the HubSpot MAP is 100% synced with the HubSpot CRM and CMS. In fact, since they are open to third-party integrations, you can enhance any or all of the features given to you all throughout the HubSpot system.
ConsFrom experience in teaching the software to our clients, it can be an overwhelming learning curve. Especially for the CEOs and people in non-related marketing departments that have to learn to use the system as well, since it is meant to effect a company as a whole, obviously in a positive way. As stated above, HubSpot MAP is open to third-party integrations to better your user experience and insights into your marketing performance. The only downside to that is the budget. If you're a startup company, purchasing the HubSpot MAP and platform is expensive by itself. And when you add on purchasing other third-party integrations to get all the features you want, can be extremely costly or just over-budget in general. The other feature I would like to see HubSpot improve is their Social Media Platform, included in the HubSpot MAP. Yes, you can schedule tweets in bulk or a month's worth of social media posts for the next month, but in reality, it is very time-consuming. Especially for a feature that is meant to cut the manual labor out of your day. One reason for this is because you have to create a customized shortened tracking URL, located in a different area of the platform, to place into each social media message. That means a separate URL for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Google+, all for the same message. Now imagine having to do that for social media posts for the next week. It does get exhausting. That is one area you would want to get a third-party integration.
December 13, 2017
yogendra kumar s.
Network Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
November 8, 2017

“Nice experience with HubSpot Marketing software.It provide me right information about web presence.”

OverallHubSpot's marketing platform is very robust and contains everything an inbound marketer needs. Every time I speak with their support team, they are friendly and quickly resolve my issue. Since HubSpot is a pay-per-contact platform, the cost can easily increase if your organization is rapidly growing or doesn't keep a clean list of contacts. If your company currently uses a WordPress blog, integrating it with HubSpot is easy, but may result in having to create 301 redirects if the templates don't match up exactly. I recommend, if possible, converting the entire website (including the blog) to HubSpot. Aside from the ease of use, the product is continually evolving to meet the needs of current marketing trends. HubSpot requests user feedback on a variety of aspects - from design to feature functionality - to make their product the best. It also integrates well with a variety of other platforms, including WordPress and Salesforce.
ProsIt is very use full in tracking web and analyze business metrics to ensure marketing campaigns are progressing into the right direction.Our favorite part of Hubspot Marketing is the data that is made available on lead source, web traffic, and blog and email marketing performance. Prior to Hubspot we were not running any website analytics. By tying marketing efforts to website performance we are able to see what is working and what isn't and make better decisions going forward. Good general functionality for tracking activity and reporting, and nice to have automatic download of company contact information when entering new contacts. Campaigns are fairly easy to set up.
ConsI have only found 2 things - if you send an email and use the Smart Send feature to accommodate for different time zones, then it disables the ability to "Send to More". Second: at first, there are what feels like a lot of pieces to fit together - a form, campaign, landing page, emails, etc. Until you get that mapped out, it felt a little overwhelming. Layout is a little out dated. You can't change the default on the list of company names from recently added to alphabetical. You can change the sort, but the next time you sign in or refresh, it goes back to sorting by recently added.
November 8, 2017
Akis T.
Project Coordinator
September 19, 2017

“Hubspot is a very useful software to organize and automate your customer database and sales process.”

ProsHubspot is easy to understand and implement as the user interface is pretty straight forward. The tutorial, when first launching the software, guides you through the basics and gives quickly an understanding of the structure and functionality. The level of customization is enough to make it suit most businesses needs. Most importantly though, not everything has to be done by the user. Hubspot offers a variety of features to automate processes and avoid the time consuming manual input of all the data while using the software. By inserting the email address of a contact, Hubspot will fetch information from the web to create a profile for the contact's company. Contacts' status will update automatically every time a sale involving that contact is materialized. You can also link your email to Hubspot allowing to keep a record of your correspondence, organized by contact or specific related deal. The software integrates a contact, a customer and a project database along with a To-Do list, notes and calendar which is really great, since you have all the tools you need in one place. Additionally you can attach files in each of your deals, which comes handy in some cases. Along with a variety of marketing tools, you will love being on Hubspot's mailing list. Instead of annoying newsletters, Hubspot will email you marketing tricks usually enriched with free goodies, like templates, guides and more.
ConsI have to think a lot in order to find a negative aspect of Hubspot. A feature I would like to be enhanced is the ability to issue sales forecasts. You can do it, but it lacks some useful options like stage invoicing and invoicing/payment schedules.
September 19, 2017
Bill A.
Internet, 11-50 employees
December 29, 2015

“HubSpot - First in Class MArketing Automation”

OverallHubSpot was designed to be a fully integrated robust marketing automation platform and when the company introduced its Content Optimization System (COS) in 2014, it was a game changer. HubSpot was designed from the ground up to be an inbound marketing platform. The HubSpot COS enables you to do many things including, but not limited to, the creation and management of Demand Generation Campaigns, Content Marketing, and Marketing Automation, that can be targeted and customized for different buyer personas and different stages of the sales process. The HubSpot COS provides a website that is automatically responsive to all screen sizes. It has a drag-and-drop template builder and WYSIWYG for those who desire simplicity. It also accommodates virtually whatever functionality and vision your designers and developers might have for your website. It has fully integrated SEO, Social Sharing, Analytics, Landing Pages, Contact List, Email and Workflows into a powerful platform. It also seamlessly integrates into the most popular CRMs including Salesforce. For those who do not need all the bells and whistles that come with Salesforce, HubSpot has developed their own CRM that both aligns with the marketing process and allows for the tracking and automation of many sales processes. Imagine having a website that transitions to be unique for each buyer persona at each stage of the buyer's journey. Each time someone visits your site they see new, fresh information that directly relates to their concerns and interest. HubSpot's Contextual Marketing and Personalization abilities allow you to have a conversation with your website visitors. Each vertical you serve and every different buyer persona has unique pain points and concerns. So after you identify where a visitor fits, your site can morph to show them the information most relevant to them. Even the same individual will have different concerns and interests as they navigate from awareness to consideration and finally onto a buying stage. With HubSpot your site can be setup to show different information as they navigate this buyer's journey. Your website is now having a conversation with each visitor.
ProsHubspot contextual marketing capabilities allows you to have a conversation with each buyer persona at each stage of the buyer's journey. It allows each website visitor to find exactly what they need to see in order to take that next step down the sales funnel.
ConsThe basic package is restricted to a small number of contacts. Once you start using HubSpot and seeing results you will need to move up to Professional or Enterprise
December 29, 2015
Jessie-Lee N.
Art Director
December 3, 2015

“The Only All-In-One Marketing Automation Platform You Should Consider”

OverallHubSpot is truly an all-in-one marketing automation platform. Expect to get your entire team involved as there are tools for everyone; email, calls-to-action, workflows, reporting, lead scoring, CRM, website CMS, social dashboard and so much more. As a HubSpot Platinum Partner, not only do we use this software for ourselves, but we use it for all of our inbound marketing clients. Inbound marketing gets results, if you do it correctly. Don't be fooled, executing a solid inbound campaign takes a lot of hours and a lot of know-how, HubSpot can help to alleviate that pain. With a dashboard that incorporates all of the necessary tools, you can forget about wasting time and focus on getting results. The HubSpot community is also something to be coveted. HubSpot has built a vast network of brand evangelists that are willing to help and share experiences with other users. HubSpot helps to facilitate these communities and offers a lot of their own content and expertise to aid users.
ProsHubSpot is easy to use once you have gone through their training. You will need to understand the inbound methodology to see results, and with a HubSpot certification, you will have a great basis for how to use the tool out of the box. If you run into trouble, you can always call their very helpful support staff, or look to their online resources for help. Between HubSpot and their communities, this tools is very well documented. HubSpot also does everything. You will be able to cancel all other automation subscriptions after adopting this software.
ConsHubSpot can seem expensive up front, especially if you are just starting out. It's worth the money if you can justify the amount of sales you will need to generate to justify the cost. You will also need to sign a one year contract, there is no month to month. Inbound isn't an instant fix, and HubSpot knows that. You will have to commit to a year to understand the full use of the tool. You will need to work with an agency. This isn't required, but in order to get the best out of the tool, you need to utilize a company that is in this tool day in and day out who is willing to partner with you strategically. Don't sell yourself short by trying to do it all yourself, it simply isn't feasible and you will be disappointed with the results.
December 3, 2015
Tyson D.
Owner at Titan Web Agency an Online Marketing Agency for Healthcare Professionals
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2015

“Great, But Not The End All, Be All”

OverallI've been using Hubspot for about 15 months now. It is great software. I love how it consolidates so many different services into one platform and makes it easy to get the analytics for that data. Now I don't have my blog in one place, my email marketing software somewhere else, my landing page software somewhere else, etc. It's all in one platform, consolidated, and fairly easy to use.
ProsTheir support answers questions fairly quickly and accurately. They are always coming out with new features.
ConsLimited. Hubspot allows you to filter out visitors so they don't skew your analytics. Great. However, you can't filter out countries. Even though, they know based on the IP address the country of the person who submits a form or visits a site, they can't filter it out (won't filter it out). Even though all my clients are from the US, visitors from India who visit my site and try to sell me stuff all the time are skewing my analytics and making it look like my conversions are higher than they really are. Can't filter out by country. You also can't change the source of a lead. True story: I host podcast. A listener stumbled upon my podcast, went online, googled my name and found my website. Hubspot now classifies this as an 'organic lead'. The worst part is I can't change it. I've brought this up with Hubspot, and they said that they don't allow it to be changed 'to protect the integrity of the data'..... Hmm. So they'd rather have incorrect data than wrong data? So forever my analytics will be off because I can't change the source. This happens also on referrals. Somebody is referred to me, they then google my name or business and fill out a contact form, and Hubspot classifies it as organic, but really, it's not. (They don't even have a field for referral in the source). Another downside is you can't create your own lead status. So, if you get a lead to your site, and they will never buy (say they are a spammer of competitor or former customer you had a falling out with), you can't change their status to say for example: No Opportunity-Former Client No Opportunity-Marketing Agency No Opportunity-Spammer This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as cons. Still even with all these cons. they offer a great product. That said, for the price and these limitations, I will be looking around when I am close to up on my agreement.
September 17, 2015
AvendanoGonzalezS L.
Senior Business Partner
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“A.I. Helping my Daily Duties”

OverallThe results of implementing a new solution take time. so we must wait patiently for the upcoming results using this new platform. The overall experience so far has been amazing and outstanding due to the integrated platform. The potential to develop any kind of networking on the same platform is outstanding. I love the potentiality that HubSpot gives us.
ProsHubSpot platform is a very enjoyable integrated solution which allows me and my teammates and staff to work any kind of project in an empowering and integrated way. HubSpot allows us to find in one platform all the services where we can develop a starting point and not getting our attention to other Solutions. This integration is fully comfortable, allowing any kind of user the potential to organized her & his job in a very flexible way integrating Contacts, CRM, MArketing and Sales and flowing the business development process.
ConsClearly, the least about any solution implementation in a Startup or Company is the implementation phase. Is not easy to adapt to changes and of course adapting all the organization to a new platform takes time. The best way to do this phase in an organized manner is definitely a big issue in our path to success. We have to be organized, patient and clear to the path we will be transiting. All members of the organization must be able to add value in these phases.
July 22, 2019
Automotive, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“Top notch marketing automation”

OverallOverall, I enjoy using Hubspot, I use it every day. The staff seems very helpful and knowledgeable when I have questions or concerns.
ProsI like that you can see your customers behavior. For instance, you can see which forms they filled out, emails they were sent, or if they opened or clicked emails. I also like the way you can personalize your emails and landing pages based on lists.
ConsIt's not the most user friendly, but they seem to be working on that with the new drag and drop features. I don't like that it doesn't seamlessly integrate with woocommerce. Hubspot doesn't seem designed to handle b2c companies as well as b2b.
July 23, 2019
April 25, 2018

“It´s a very easy to use CRM software, I love to use it daily because I save a lot of time.”

OverallI save a lot of time that I can use to be more productive in my business.
ProsEasy dashboards and the social aspect and it's ability to manage my social media presence. Support is amazing. If you call them, they will be very kind and they'll love to help you. It's very easy and fun to use. It has easy to use interface and it allows a Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It will improve your experience daily. The platform design is simple. No programming knowledge required, easy for everybody. Its reports are detailed, straightforward but easy to read and understand. It has a lot of resources and training tools very helpful for an easy learning. It's a great CRM tool for manage your customers needings and discover opportunities in business. It can generate reports in a large variety of metrics, making it vesatile. Easy data finding just typing customer's name. It reduces the need of other tools. You can save a lot of time. There is an mobile app available, so you can use it and work anywhere. This software really simplifies marketing automation .
ConsIt's price. If your business is small and you have not a medium cash flow, good sales level and full-time dedicated worker it seems to be to much expensive in its cost-profit relation. Pricing can be expensive depending on the version you need. It stops working completely sometimes. It's hard to find customers with latin names because important characters like the accent are not available. It's hard to get friendly with the app. Sometimes information finding is difficult, it may take a while to find it. The contract is billed annually, not monthly. The market platform reporting could be better. Too much time needed for customizing it before you can use it easy. It's not the dream application fot multinational companies that work in multiple currencies. Sometimes you get daunted using it. The editors for mailing or webpage creating can be clunky. If you are not enough carefully you can get awful results. Sometimes tools need to be improved for a better performance and to be functional and friendly to the user.
Eden P.
Marketing Coordinator
April 10, 2017

“Happy HubSpot User for A Year!”

OverallWe currently use HubSpot for our mMarketing campaigns, social media publishing and email tracking. We are also currently integrating the HubSpot tracking metric with our CRM database to use lead scoring for not only new customers, but also for our existing accounts. HubSpot is also the host for our website and we have integrated 2 additional Shopify site domains for tracking and campaign workflow purposes. - Great for marketers who want to host a website in an easily edited platform. - Also great for web-based content offering and automation. - New sales tools are great for sales/ marketing integration and alignment! Pros - Web, Email, Social, SEO, Page performance, AB Testing metrics (essentially all metrics a marketer would look at can be tracked on HubSpot) - Workflow and Campaign Automation tools - Integrations and Apps - Ease of website updates. Modules and coding are easy to rearrange, update and change - Excellent customer service and fast response times to inquiries/ challenges Cons - Only meeting tool integration is with GoToMeeting (No WebEx) - More in depth website auditing for SEO, Ranking Words, Backline profile ROI - Great email campaign ROI - Website updates and promotion since the move to HubSpot in 2016 has led to more leads and conversions than in company history - Website views and social impressions have more than tripled since using HubSpot
ProsWeb, Email, Social, SEO, Page performance, AB Testing metrics (essentially all metrics a marketer would look at can be tracked on HubSpot) Workflow and Campaign Automation tools Integrations and Apps Ease of website updates. Modules and coding are easy to rearrange, update and change Excellent customer service and fast response times to inquiries/ challenges
ConsOnly meeting tool integration is with GoToMeeting (No WebEx) More in depth website auditing for SEO, Ranking Words, Backline profile
April 10, 2017
Brian M.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self-employed

“Hubspot!....Forget Godaddy”

OverallWhen i first started I started with Godaddy. NEVER AGAIN! Hubspot reached an insane demographic and its interface is so simple and cut dry. although it can get a little bit pricey with their add ons? it still a much better investment than Godaddy. Their security for risks of Malware, Hacking are on point. you get notifications each time your site is shared and how many people are seeing your site (page) that GoDaddy does not provide. Their customer service team is knowledgeable and quick thinking. if you sign up for a "free" site. you get what you pay for.
ProsEasiest interface, Reaches more of a dynamic, Customer Service.
Conscan get a bit pricey if you do all their add ons
Utilities, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“The Software Every Marketer Needs!”

OverallIf you want to grow your company effectively - HubSpot is definitely the way to go! The infrastructure and features on offer are fantastic and easy to use and have a huge breadth of functionality. The integration with Salesforce is smooth and provides really valuable insight into customer behaviour and much, much more! HubSpot seem to genuinely listen to customers feedback and recommendations and are always improving the software for an even better user experience!
Pros- Interface is attractive and intuitive - Analysing and reporting insights are robust, powerful, and make it easy to create in-depth reports - No knowledge of coding needed - An 'all-in-one' platform, enabling marketing teams to bring everything together under one roof and work more effectively together - Free continuous training and education - Enables those who aren't necessarily 'tech-savvy' to make use of the data provided - Free version available - Workflows really easy to use, rival Pardots workflow tool seems clunky in comparison - Ability to understand customer personas and behaviours and what they are doing on our website, this enables us to customise marketing content for them - The customer service is excellent and they seem to really support their clients company goals
Cons- Can be pricey the higher the contact database - Training required to learn the full scope of the software - Some forms of reporting are only available in the higher end, higher priced versions of HubSpot
May 28, 2019
Satheesh Kumar A.
Lead - Digital Marketing
March 12, 2018

“I have used the Hubspot Marketing tool for B2B Marketing activity to generate business.”

ProsWith Hubspot Marketing, We have built deeper relationships by sharing important updates about our services to get the prospect to a sale-qualified lead. The deeper insights on every prospect/lead has always guided us to know what the marketing qualified lead is expecting from us, and we have adjusted our campaigns to make the most of it. With Hubspot, all the campaigns(social media, email) are very easy to create, manage and quantify the results. There is very minimal effort needed from the developer stand point. The only work needed is with creating the UI's. The templates for each of the campaigns are fully responsive(adjusts to every screen- mobile, tablets & desktops) and customizable as well. The tools helped us in getting additional traffic to the website, blog and landing pages. at the same time, we have nurtured the leads with the targeted campaigns, and made them Sale Qualified Lead.
ConsThe pricing of the tool is way above our budget initially, but once the leads started, we did not bother very much about the pricing. We have about 6 domains for each of the service offerings by our company. Somehow, the Hubspot Tool do not support multiple domains with the same pricing, we have to take additional subscription for each domain. We have tried reaching out to support team from Hubspot as well, but they did not have much of offer.
March 12, 2018
John K.
Manager Solutions Analytics / Lead Database Developer
11-50 employees
December 14, 2017

“I worked with clients of our marketing agency to integrate HubSpot & optimize it's usage for them.”

OverallIt allowed us to quickly implement user-specific content for our clients' websites.
ProsIt's fairly easy for anyone with moderate tech skills to get up and running with HubSpot, and it produced noticeable improvements across virtually all commonly measured key performance indicators for our customers. Integrating HubSpot was relatively quick and easy, and we were able to work with our clients to launch basic customized user content on their websites within a few days. Their all-in-one inbound marketing software is also quite flexible and scalable, so our clients were able to steadily build out more campaigns and customized user content as they were able to dedicate more time and resources to using HubSpot. It's also worth mentioning that there are multiple pricing tiers which have vastly different features depending on the price, and the bulk of my experience was with the 2 highest pricing tiers (Professional & Enterprise), so lower pricing tiers aren't nearly as robust, and probably wouldn't be nearly as scalable or effective, but you can always upgrade to higher tiers should you need additional functionality. There is even a free tier with minimal functionality that newer users can try out at first, and then upgrade to the higher tiers if they think that it's worthwhile.
ConsThe various types of rules for serving automated content to users are good, but it's impossible to build out more complicated rules that involve using multiple criteria to create more complex user flows that branch out based on differing user behaviors. It would also help if there were a way to create new automated content campaigns in bulk using different criteria somehow, like filling out and uploading an Excel template or something like that.
December 14, 2017
Janalee S.
Owner & Managing Director
February 2, 2016

“Makes it easy to manage your digital marketing all in one place”

OverallWe investigated HubSpot as a way to help us be more efficient in managing our client's digital marketing efforts, which had become time consuming using multiple different platforms. With HubSpot, we're able to keep everyone focused on the same goals across the various channels (email, blog, social, PPC) and view the results all in one place. Better yet, it gives us a platform where we can collect all this information on a contact and company basis, making it easier for us to see the interactions we're having with a single contact across the board. Reporting has become easier, and it's much easier now to make an impact with our marketing efforts with everything centralized.
ProsThe system is pretty intuitive, more so than other platforms we've used. You don't need to learn multiple platforms (different email clients like MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc, plus WordPress, Blogger, and all the social outlets), just keep up with the one and launch everything from the same place. There are helpful guides along the way that ensure you're following best practices, and warnings when you're not. We are heavy users, ultimately deciding to become a HubSpot Certified Partner Agency due to the efficiencies and value. Much easier than other marketing automation suites we've used in the past, including Marketo and SalesFusion. And if you do need help, their Support line is phenomenal, incredibly personable and willing to take the time to help.
ConsAs with most applications, the software can be a bit "hinky" sometimes, getting hung up or taking too long to process. Usually they flag the situation though, so you know what's going on and that they're working on it. If there's no flag, we report it, and they get someone working on it right away - nice to be taken seriously. The reporting generally requires that we need to take screenshots instead of using the ppt that the system auto-generates at month end - it's just not detailed enough for most of our clients. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with all the system updates/upgrades, so be ready to invest some time in the training or find a partner to help.
February 2, 2016
Melissa S.
Philanthropy, Unspecified
November 24, 2014

“Non-Profit Excels with HubSpot ”

ProsI like that HubSpot practices what it preaches. They educate customers (and the public) in inbound marketing techniques, the very techniques they're using themselves to earn customers! The product itself is easy to use and intuitive. Whenever we think up something we want to do (a specific tactic or approach), we always know that HubSpot can accommodate that idea. What I like best is the seamless way in which we can manage all of our blogging, website, social media, and enews all in one platform and see all of the analytics in that same place. Everyday we are logging into Hubspot to schedule social media posts, blogs, edit automated workflows, and more. Other staff use the tool for a monthly touchpoint email they send to their lists of contacts. And weekly, we send our FatherSource enewsletter from within HubSpot using the email templates. Further, HubSpot integrates with our Salesforce CRM, and provides valuable information to our sales staff, which can help them better help our customers/potential customers. We assign leads that come through HubSpot and feed into Salesforce for personal follow-up from NFI staff.
ConsAs for what I like least: nothing! Seriously. We couldn't be as successful as we are today without this tool. We have two people managing our marketing and Hubspot acts as a third person. Before HubSpot we were using Constant Contact, The Raisers Edge contact database, Blogspot, and Blackbaud Net Community for our website, and posting separately on twitter, Facebook, and linked in. Now we can do all of this in one place! If I had to choose one thing I like least, it's that there is a not a plug-in for drafting, distributing, and monitoring press releases and incorporating them into overall marketing campaigns. I think HubSpot could help us be more efficient in this way. Fortunately, this deficiency isn't not really a major concern for us.
Recommendations to other buyersI suggest considering all of the marketing tasks you and your team does on a weekly basis and evaluate whether the tool you are considering can a) save you time and b) allow you to report on all of your work in one place. HubSpot saves us tons of time, because all of the aspects of any campaign are located within one system. There's no jumping around to disparate systems to complete tasks and measure success. Also, be sure thats it's easy to use for anyone in your office, even those who are less technology-savvy.
November 24, 2014
Whitney R.
October 3, 2019

“Easy to use and powerful marketing tool”

ProsHubspot's marketing tool provides a seamless UX. If you learn how to use one tool within it you can use the others. There was and still is very thoughtful design in how Hubspot lays out their product to make it as intuitive as possible. The email drag and drop design tool is awesome! It makes crafting emails SO easy and give you much more freedom in the look!
ConsI would love the ability to clone parts of workflows!
Whitney W.
Senior Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees

“I love Hubspot!”

ProsThe email, automation, and segments are top-notch. I also love how they are always coming out with new features and tools. The certification classes are great and love how he goes beyond just how to use Hubspot and goes into best practices for marketing.
ConsSome of the new products that come out aren't always 100% ready or they cause issues elsewhere.
March 6, 2019

“Hubspot is one of the best tools for our company”

OverallWhat we love about HS is all that we've described above, but the price point is pretty killer for a small/young start-up or non-profit. They do have a program that they have for start-ups, BUT you have to be one of an incubator or funded by VCs. Listen,t hat's NOT who needs the price point break. This was really upsetting when we found out they have this but we're not eligible. They told us "too bad!" and didn't seem to care. If you lock in companies when they're young, when they grow, they will a) remain more loyal and b) too entrenched to even want to move. The concept was nice on this program- the execution, not so much. Funded companies don't need price breaks. VCs only fund 1% of companies seeking funding. Incubators have a great network and intros. It's EVERYONE ELSE in start-up land who needs help and on that front they can do better.
ProsHubspot is a robust software that helps us organize and streamline our sales and marketing efforts, together. We can create landing pages and a drip campaign with workflows that the sales team can jump in and out of at any time. It helps us get organized, and the new editor is really helpful. Need to learn more about the testing capabilities too to increase conversions.
ConsWe had to hire a hubspot expert to help us figure out some of the more sophisticated features - mainly around set-up and integration of automation. She had to do a couple of "hacks" to make the system work the way we wanted it to, but eventually did (at a cost).
March 6, 2019
February 8, 2018

“HubSpot evangelist of 2+ years, but still critical.”

OverallHubSpot is a great one-stop-shop for all your automated marketing strategy needs. You can do social media, content creation + publication, blogging, email marketing, and more from just this one platform. If you want a tool that "does it all," HubSpot is a great option. Just make sure you know it's worth the investment it's not cheap!
ProsMy favorite thing about this software is how intuitive it is, overall. Many people purchase HubSpot and are able to hop right in and start using it. HubSpot offers a wide range of help videos, documents, and certifications to get users comfortable with the platform. While it's generally easy to use, it's still a powerful tool with a learning curve. Many people will get the basics and can work it just fine, but it still takes experience and finagling to get full use out of this investment. For marketers looking for a powerful tool, but don't have a ton of time to learn it, HubSpot is a great option.
ConsTheir reporting can use some work. Even people I know who *work* at HubSpot would agree with me here. They have a fairly robust reporting tool, but you have to purchase the add-on. The reporting you do receive with the tool is alright. Gets you what you need, but if you're an experienced marketer whose constantly digging deeper, you always have to use other tools (Google Analytics, FB ads, Databox, etc) to get the information you need.
February 8, 2018
Maria K.
October 4, 2017

“A Really Excellent Inbound Marketing Tool”

ProsHubSpot's a very robust tool. It contains a lot of apps that all speak to each other, which is really great if, like me, you're on a very small marketing team and have to prioritise time as much as possible when you're responsible for so many different tasks. The content optimization tools are excellent (in-post SEO help, campaign strategy tools, keyword difficulty/traffic info). The automation functionality is also stupendous and there are various opt-in/opt-out capabilities so that you can really tailor the UX of your lead generation to fit your persona's buying habits, THE LAW, and your own company ethos regarding data collection. What I will say to those considering HubSpot for their own organization is to use as many apps as possible and "go all in" - otherwise inbound isn't going to be as effective as you want it to be.
ConsI'd love to see improved cross-domain functionality in the Enterprise edition. It'd be great to monitor keyword results on multiple subdomains as opposed to just the target domain. I also look forward to the social monitoring functionality moving beyond Twitter. While there are a lot of resources available (the academy, community, email support) the learning curve can be steep for those on the start up program who don't get a designated account manager.
October 4, 2017
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 28, 2018

“HubSpot Marketing is the Only Way to Go”

OverallAwesome! My favorite overall marketing tool.
ProsHubSpot Marketing is a great software to use. There are many different aspects of marketing - social media, email blasts, work flows, custom contact fields, lists, website design, etc. - that you can create in HubSpot. HubSpot having so many aspects of marketing is a great thing because they all are in sync with each other under the same platform. For marketers that dig deeply into analytics and metrics, having everything integrated under one platform is super helpful. Not only that, most popular marketing tools have integrations built with HubSpot. I can confidently say that HubSpot is the reason our marketing department functions. And any time we have a problem, it's very easy to get HubSpot on the phone for support. I can't wait to see what additions HubSpot will add next to their marketing tools!
ConsHubSpot can be as simple or complex as you'd like it. The more complex you get, the more difficult it can be to achieve the result you want. Workflows and back-ends of their website builder can get very complicated very quickly if you don't know what you're doing. HubSpot does have a rather large resource center with walk through videos, so anyone can learn it. Just take the time to learn what you are doing beforehand.
August 28, 2018
Siddhant S.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2018

“It is nice to know whether the person to whom you have send mail has read it or not.”

OverallI feel that our goals as a team are being met a lot more quickly because of HubSpot. We are able to track what we are doing and keep each other informed with how detailed the history is on our customers. Just because of Hubspot it is easy to create accounts of customers, and directly communicating them through phone and email.
ProsNo Coding required: They have all the tools at the same place this makes it easy to use. Even the person who doesn't have knowledge of coding can use it. This is user-friendly due to its social media-like interface Official Blog: They have an official blog on which they have explained how to use. Any beginner can learn from there. Free Trail: Unlike their competitors, they provide a one-week free trial.
ConsAnnual Billing: They charge contracts annually. It is difficult for a small enterprise to pay annually. Premium Technical Support: If you need ongoing technical support then you have to pay for it. I would say that it would be best to be able to pin any task to the top of the page instead of only making it notes that can be pinned

By HubSpot on April 21, 2018
Hello Siddhant! Thank you for taking the time to write this review - it's great to hear you've gotten such great use out of the product! I'm glad to hear that you have found the software so user friendly and easy to use! Do you find that you refer to the blog a lot when you have questions about the product? As far as room for improvement - I would love to hear more about the various issues you have encountered. When you refer to 'Premium Technical Support' do you mean Web/Phone support that requires a paid product or the Designated Support we offer for an added price? If you are open to continuing the conversation we would love to hear from you at the email address provided. Thank you again for the review!
April 17, 2018
Ferrante S.
Gorwth manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“The best automation marketing tool for a start up”

OverallI have always had a very good experience with Hubspot. The flexibility of the properties and workflows allows the automation machine to be used at a high level. I have created workflows both to increase my marketing power and to facilitate the work of my sales teams
ProsThe tool's ability to adapt to its users. Whether you are a beginner or a marketing expert, the tool allows you to manage your marketing strategy.
ConsNot being able to have custom objects in Hubspot. You need to work with the three basics : contacts, companies, deals.
Chantel S.
November 22, 2016

“Customer Service & Training is Tops!”

OverallI love HubSpot. The HubSpot University made trainings super easy and I feel like a pro. Being extremely comfortable in the system is important to maximizing our features and benefits. I especially like the speed of response when interacting with customer service. The SEO, website tracking and social integrations are very beneficial and our Salesforce API is integrated for lead scoring.
ProsSEO features to maximize organic search results and keep an eye on keywords within content. Email marketing for events while using the contact database (integrated with Salesforce) Landing pages are nice and easy to use. CTAs are easy to manipulate and modify coding. Templates are useful. Blogging platform is really nice and the automation associated with social postings saves so much time.
ConsMedia library for content, images, and uploads gets super messy and unorganized. It would be great if this could use a better user interface for quicker and more efficient use. Landing pages and custom templates require too much developer/coding knowledge. We wish there was an easier way to create templates from scratch or integrate with SquareSpace/website platform to create consistent branding without coding requirements.
Recommendations to other buyersWe suggest taking the HubSpot University training courses and tutorials. They are super helpful and once you have mastered the courses you will be able to navigate and utilize HubSpot in a snap!
November 22, 2016
Greg H.
Head of Marketing

“Knowledge is everything”

OverallInitially, we were just looking for a solution for sending emails, but Hubspot is much more than that. It is a complete business ecosystem but even more than that its a different way of looking at the way you do business. Now every decision we make, we consider if that decision is part of the 'Inbound Methodology'. Hubspot is literally the center (hub) of our business. We are absolutely customer-centric and for us, inbound is the way forward. We are a small team doing big things.
ProsIt's power. Hubspot gives you total visibility over the buyer's journey. You can easily track the efficacy of your marketing spend. Automations allow a small business to punch above their weight and allows a large business to deal with lots of data. I couldn't imagine our business now without Hubspot.
ConsIt can seem overwhelming at first. It is not the kind of thing you can just try, dip into and out of. You need to commit and dive in deep. We found it was not great at dealing with multiple brands and the landing page builder sucked.
Daniël R.W. P.
Brand Marketeer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2018

“Good for SME”

ProsI like HubSpot for the great variety of options they offer for inbound marketing. It is easy to see your website stats in HubSpot, and you can even create your entire website here, which makes integration even easier. Inbound marketing is about creating valuable content for your visitors and customers, and the HubSpot blog section does a great job guiding you in creating that perfect blog. Also creating a landing page is breeze. But the greatest aspect about HubSpot for me is creating workflows. With a workflow you can connect everything you created, based on time or actions. For example, you create a blog article with a call-to-action (CTA) button. If clicked, the visitor can leave his email address and receive a nice PDF. All actions are recorded: the pageviews, the clicks, the email address. Also everything can can trigger a next action. With the email address, you can add multiple emails that are sent to your (now) Marketing Qualified Lead, followed by an offer. The type of emails can be different if the mails aren't read or links aren't clicked, etc. Also a plus: support is always there to help you out.
ConsI think HubSpot is a really nice all-in-one inbound marketing tool for SMEs. For enterprises, the statistics may be insufficient. Also, you pay per year, which may not be what you want. Most, or all tools offered in the HubSpot suite can be found for free somewhere else. So if you are only looking for a couple of features that HubSpot offers, it might not be the perfect solution for you. HubSpot doesn't excel in each functionality individually.
October 4, 2018