Personify Community Ratings

Overall
3.4/5
3.1/5
3.7/5

About Personify Community

When you're a nonprofit, relationships are the name of the game. Personify Community delivers a vibrant, digital space where your constituents can connect to one another and deepen their commitment to your organization. Create lasting connections with forums and groups. Inspire and share information via blogs. Encourage participation and action with gamification. Measure the impact on your mission with easy-to-understand dashboards. The opportunities are endless. Learn more about Personify Community

11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Loved our project manager | Disliked the admin user experience”

OverallServed it's purpose for the organization's online community at the time, but would choose a different online community solution now.
ProsIt served its purpose as the online community for our organization, which was very group-based. I think it was the cheaper option that the organization went with at the time, but there are other platforms that far out-perform it at similar price points now. I really, really enjoyed working with our Project Manager. He came prepared to our weekly calls, had innovative ideas, was very responsive and helped with compiling data for important presentations.
ConsI can't express how much I disliked the admin/back-end interface. It was extremely difficult to navigate, not intuitive, cluttered and just plain not user friendly. It didn't look anything like the member-facing view, so I was constantly switching between browser windows to see "my view" vs "their view" and trying to hunt down the changes I made. It was exhausting! I consider myself tech savvy and have picked up other platforms far more quickly. I inherited it from a previous employee, so perhaps if you're part of the project and building the community from the ground-up, it makes more sense. Definitely not friendly for newbies. Members had difficulty navigating it as well - particularly when it came to updating their profiles. I'm thankful for our great PM because the community wouldn't have survived otherwise!
March 7, 2018
Sheila J.
Project Coordinator/Online Community Manager
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
October 21, 2019

“Satisfied: 6 years and counting”

OverallAmong many benefits, the reduction of individualized emails has given our team more time to focus on other aspects of business. There has been a significant impact on our communications team by eliminating the need for email campaigns.
ProsOur online-closed community has become our primary source of communication with clients, collectively and individually. The software provides our clients with greater ROI by giving them direct, immediate access to vetted resources. Before using the software, clients engaged with a limited number of staff members. Now, they have access to all our subject matter experts through discussion forums and private messaging. Clients also benefit through engagement with other customers using the platform.
ConsI would like to see improvements on how notification settings are managed throughout the community.
June 25, 2018

“Very solid platform”

OverallConnecting our supporters to each other and allowing them to post and share resources to each other.
ProsThe customization of the software allows our organization to connect our users across different geographic areas. We were able to build a comprehensive resources section with incredible filtering options which has served our organization well.
ConsThe system is based on HTML blocks, and sometimes you need to use contract hours on getting those blocks fixed, as they can be hard to edit as an average administrator with little HTML experience. This can be frustrating when the only edit might be to bold or center a section.
June 25, 2018
Rebecca B.
Four Diamonds Mini-THON
Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees
September 26, 2018

“Perfect for our purpose”

OverallThis was a work in progress that has blossomed and really helped us create a community for our users that is extremely useful and very user friendly.
ProsThis software gives us the ability to customize to our needs. They are very helpful in working with us a client and making this easy for our users.
ConsNot really a con anymore, but it was not as user friendly in the past as it is now.
September 26, 2018
Maggie L.
Program Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Works well enough”

OverallIt's easy to keep all projects and conversations in one place
ProsI liked that the projects were grouped by topics.
ConsEmail replies didn't move directly into Personify. The dashboard has the latest conversations from people in other companies (I don't really need this). I think other conversations should be grouped as well. I would prefer my dashboard to be a visually user-friendly snapshot of what I'm doing in the platform.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2019

“Rough price point ”

OverallPersonify as a company works to nickle-and-dime the customers. They require CEP hours, and if we hit the maximum the customer manager will refuse to answer calls or emails until the next month. They don't really go above and beyond. It might be tolerable if they had a superior product, however it is hard to use and hasn't met all of our needs.
ProsThe Personify Community worked decently for our organization, and was scalable for us.
ConsThe cost of the software is more expensive than what we had anticipated. In addition, progress on updates that we had requested was slower than what was promised.
May 15, 2019
Khristina B.
Welcome desk leader
Consumer Services, 5001-10,000 employees
October 25, 2019

“Personify”

OverallI dislike using Personify early on in the switch. I never got comfortable with the system no matter how many times I used it
ProsI used the software for several years and the only good thing about it is that there is a dashboard that list everything.
ConsI used the software for several years and it is the most difficult program that I have ever used. The language is confusing and it is so difficult to find anything once the window/tab is closed.
October 25, 2019