Luminello Ratings

Overall
4.3/5
4.7/5

About Luminello

Powerful, elegant charting and practice management, designed by & for mental health providers. Clean, easy-to-use screens, e-prescribing of controlled substances in all 50 states, responsive customer support, and a base plan that's free as well as extremely affordable premium plans and add-ons. Learn more about Luminello

John G.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 8, 2018

“E-prescribing”

OverallAlot of potential, held back due to poor customer service who would rather give 15-40 emails then call you once.
ProsIt is very nice to be able to e-prescribe, saves time and patient's can pick up prescription at pharmacy.
ConsCustomer service-They do not have phone support. If you email after hours forget about it until the next day or if Friday the next Monday. I literally have to threaten to write a bad review to get them to call me (despite being done during business hours). The only way to get them to talk to you on phone is to threaten them. They do not control the electronic prescribing function of software and so you have to wait for them to act as a middle man to dose spot. I had a problem e-prescribing on Friday due to purchase of new phone. It is now Monday at 7pm. I've traded around 14 emails with them and solution is still not found. I've also called dose spot 2x. To become activated in system took around 2 months and 40-60 emails. Man would it be nice if you could just talk to someone on the phone. Again only way to get them to talk to me on phone instead of endless stream of emails that don't work is to threaten to tell others about poor experience with luminello. Really a pity as alot of their software is innovative. But wow, very poor customer support. I have managed two websites, part of generation X and know my way around computers. If your not super tech savvy than I would not recommend luminello.

By Luminello on October 16, 2018
We apologize that setting up EPCS took so long - our mission is to delight our users with superior customer service and we let you down here. We have taken your thoughts to heart and have begun reviews internally and with our e-prescribe partner to improve the systems for this process. Your feedback has helped us to learn what we need to focus on, but still, we¿re very sorry you had to go through this in the first place. We hope over time to regain your confidence.
October 8, 2018
Kari K.
Psychologist
February 16, 2018

“Luminello is just the EHR I have been looking for! It is simple, user-friendly, and easy to use.”

ProsThere are so many aspects about Luminello that are amazing! Here are a few: - I really appreciate it that it was built by a psychiatrist for mental health providers -- you can tell that it was made with the user in mind - They have responsive, friendly customer support - It has affordable plans, starting with free! - They have E-prescribing, including controlled substances - They have custom note templates and questionnaires that really allow me to personalize my practice - The scheduling, including online booking, makes it easy to keep track of all my appointments - The portal with electronic documents and payments cuts the amount of time I spend on the admin side of my practice in half. - The secure messaging feature resolves all of my confidentiality concerns and makes it easy to communicate with clients.
ConsThere are few downsides to Luminello. They are a newer EHR, but have already exceeded some other ones that I have tried that have been around longer. Any time there has been a suggestion for improvement, they have listened and are constantly rolling out new features that make Luminello get better and better! At this point, I feel like they already have every feature I need to have the most efficient practice, but I know there is still more to come and I can't wait to see!
February 16, 2018
Kent G.
Psychologist (Owner)
February 9, 2018

“Excellent EHR with amazing support”

OverallLove the flexibility of being able to do my notes and billing from any computer.
ProsPros: The integration of billing and charting in a single piece of software, the ease with which clients can access the portal and manage their own billing and statements, the secure messaging feature for clients, the flexibility of the note taking system, the fact that it was developed by mental health professionals for mental health professionals, the responsiveness of their support and development teams to suggestions. I also like that it has a free option though I use the full version myself.
ConsVery few cons. Occasional bugs, though these have typically been addressed quickly. I also wish there were a way to send monthly statements to all my clients by email rather than doing them individually.

By Luminello on April 23, 2018
Thanks, Dr. Grelling. We definitely pride ourselves on top-notch support, so we are thrilled to hear that's been an important part of using Luminello for you. We always appreciate receiving new ideas and suggestions from our users that we can use to further enhance our EHR. We've noted your suggestion for sending monthly statements in bulk (all at once - with a single click), and that's been on our list as well. We will let you know once that feature is ready for prime time!
February 9, 2018
Dr. Rajnish M.
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
February 11, 2018

“I have been using Luminello for about 18 months. It has been a lifesaver!”

ProsThe simple, intuitive design and customization to the specific needs of mental health professionals is what attracted me to Luminello. Having ALL the features and services in one place is tremendously helpful. I use the ability to clone notes, use templates, send ratings scales, exchange secure email messages with patients (almost eliminating phone calls), patient self-scheduling of appointments (and cancelation and rescheduling if needed), automated appointment reminders to patients, patients getting their own receipts and statements, e-prescribing (from anywhere where I have internet access, even from 30,000 feet in the air), billing, credit card processing, etc, etc. If it were not for Luminello, I would have to either hire an assistant or spend a lot of my time dealing with all these administrative tasks.
ConsThey are constantly improving and are adding e-labs as well. I wish they would add e-fax in the future. That is the only feature that I need but Luminello doesn't have yet within the software.

By Luminello on April 23, 2018
Thanks for the kind review, Dr. Mago! Glad to hear you are having a great experience with Luminello. We also wanted to let you know that an e-fax integration is now past the planning stage and ready for development soon -- we'll let you know once it is ready to go.
February 11, 2018
Sarah O.
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2019

“Luminello makes billing fun!”

OverallI can use the parts of Luminello I need and am ready to use, such as scheduling, e-prescribing, the patient portal and billing, but am not required to use features I do not yet have time to learn (but really want to) such as creating my own template or using a pre-made template for SOAP notes. I don't even have to write my notes in the EMR to bill, use the portal or e-prescribe. When I have a question, the tech team has always responded within 24 business hours, often in the same day. Luminello has also been open to hearing my suggestions for features I'd like to see. Overall, it is an aesthetic, very user friendly software and an accessible and responsive company.
ProsI most like that I did not need to enter my entire caseload into the system in order to start using it. I also love that it is really quite self explanatory, is specific for psychiatry and is not made clunky with features required by other specialties- everything about Luminello is designed to allow a mental health provider do their job, document their notes and easily bill for their time.
ConsI wish the Luminello calendar synced with the google calendar.
February 11, 2019
Sandra S.
Member/Clinician
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 31, 2018

“Private Practice Mental Health Counseling”

OverallIt was an okay system when I was a small, solo private practice. It has not grown with me and that's disappointing. I asked early on if they were considering offering a group format and was told it was something they were looking at doing, but in the last 2 years there have been no moves that direction. There are other issues such as my particular license (LPC) was not an option. I had to have them manually add it on their end to get it to populate on my signature. There are nearly always "workarounds" offered when I contact them about issues, but I don't want workarounds. If you don't mind that, it shouldn't be a problem.
ProsI like the price of Luminello give the features included such as online scheduling, client portal, appointment reminders, billing and payment tracking.
Cons1. Only one professional can use the CL's email address: If another professional inside or outside your practice uses Luminello and you "share" a CL (ie referral from a psychiatrist for counseling and that psychiatrist uses Luminello in their practice) you have to ask the CL for a different email address because Luminello will not allow you to use any email already in use. The CL then cannot use their preferred email and must give a secondary email which is off-putting to CLs. This is true within the practice as well. If one provider saw the client first and then later referred the client to a different provider, the new provider cannot use the same email to set up the client's account in Luminello. Again, off-putting. 2. Number one happens most in the case of siblings. We see children in our practice. If I'm seeing one child and another Th is seeing the other child, only one of us can invite the parents to the portal and the parents can then only see information about one child. 3. Number 2 relates to seeing kids of divorce: the system only allows one email per client, so when seeing children of divorce only one parent can be invited to the portal. 4. The system itself is slow and clunky. It's slow to refresh and there seem to be unnecessary steps involved in some tasks. 5. It is ONLY for a solo practice, so if you ever plan to grow into a group practice, do not begin with Luminello unless finding a new system and moving all your data is something you enjoy.

By Luminello on November 7, 2018
Thank you so much for that feedback, this is so useful to hear. Regarding working with families, we completely agree with you. Good news is that functionality has been built and is in the final stages of testing. Regarding groups, we hear you! That is actively in development. Regarding some processes being slow - we'd love to hear more specifics on that - we'll reach out to you directly as all of our improvements are based on user feedback like yours. Luminello is developed by providers for providers, so we're always looking to speed things up and optimize workflows. We look forward to hearing your suggestions!
October 31, 2018
Natalie G.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
February 10, 2018

“Love this EMR. Created by a psychiatrist for psychiatrists. Simple, elegant design.”

ProsSimple design, very user-friendly. Allows you to E-prescribe including controlled substances, bill with credit card, has custom note templates, logical workflow, ability to find any DSM diagnosis and ICD codes from a drop-down menu. Patient portal with secure messaging, documents and payments. Amazingly responsive customer support. Very reasonable prices for such a robust software.
ConsPage refresh can be slow on occasion Limited integration with outside software, for example calendar does not sink to google-calendar; limited ability to link financial data with accounting programs such as Quickbooks

By Luminello on April 23, 2018
Thanks you for the kind words, Dr. Gluck! We've taken several steps over the past 6 months to increase page load speed, including moving to a more robust, flexible server and database system. And, a Google calendar integration for Luminello is in active development as I write! We hope to have that ready for you very soon.
February 10, 2018
Mudassar T.
MD
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
February 23, 2019

“A good developing EHR for mental health ”

Prosease of use, customer portal, customised forms to be filled by patients, practice revenue management and EOBs, note shortcuts, low price,
Conslack of functionality for groups / multiple providers, need a lot of clicks to print patient statements, labs are not integrated and almost always need additional info, no efaxing, no text/phone reminders to patients, page needs a lot of computer hardware resources, dose spot automatic refill request functionality is a hit or miss, lack of phone customer support, inability for a parent to make two accounts with same email for two kids seen by a clinician and parents has to use two different emails, customer invitation link keeps expiring if an account is not made in few hours

By Luminello on March 7, 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with it. We understand the frustrations you have with working with families. We are in the final stages of testing this feature and will be releasing it soon! The other features you mention above are on our development list and some of which are being actively worked on. We will be sure to follow up with you as soon as the new features are ready to launch. Additionally, we¿ll contact you directly to discuss all your concerns as we¿d love to hear more about them.
February 23, 2019
Diana L.
PMHNP-BC
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 22, 2018

“Annual review”

OverallThe product has gotten better and better over time. Wish you had real time tech support. Regardless, I have grown into loving this product.
ProsEasy to use, it is intuitive and all of the features, i.e. email, etc.
ConsBilling has been evolving and at times tricky. I also would like to be able to print on security paper for controlled substances. Need mobile app.
September 22, 2018