Pirate Ship Ratings

Overall

About Pirate Ship

Get the cheapest USPS shipping rates possible with no fees! (We really mean it). Pirate Ship is the only free web-based shipping software that gives you the cheapest rates for USPS-approved postage with absolutely no markup, fees or monthly commitments. Fast and reliable shipping software built for modern small businesses. Import your ecommerce orders to quickly buy and print labels. Sign up for your free account and start shipping in minutes! Learn more about Pirate Ship

Jackie M.
June 29, 2018

“Very happy to have found PirateShip ; suits my shipping needs extremely well. ”

OverallEtsy marketplace has changed their billing system to pay-as-you-go. I would rather prepay via Credit or Debit Card to earn rewards with my card. This was the impetus for finding PirateShip and it is suiting my needs very well on a daily basis.
Pros- It's FREE! - You get the same great postal discount the marketplace sites are hyping as their 'exclusive user rate' without being tied to their site's billing protocol. - It IS, however, integrated with the big marketplaces, so you can import your orders directly from them to PirateShip to use PirateShip's labels. - You get a dashboard on your home page that shows all your purchased labels, sorted by recency, and it includes the name, tracking number, delivery date and time. - Site supports many printers as well as older Zebra thermals, like the popular LP-2488-Z. - Customer support is fairly quick to respond via the Chat interface. (usually within 5 minutes). - You can prepay in an increment that YOU select (and there are number to pick from) , or pay as you go for each shipping label. And you can check your balance anytime in the Reports section.
Cons- Slight learning curve in how to use the site. I fumbled my first label by allowing PirateShip to use the specs that came from the Marketplace and the weight was incorrect. Now, I am more observant and watch the weight before I print the label. - If you choose to import the customer data from Etsy, PirateShip will automatically send the tracking number back into the Etsy transaction so you don't have to. This is great - except when you make an error on the shipping label and need to cancel the label and buy a 2nd one; there is no way (at this time) to delete the incorrect label information from the 1st label. It might confuse the buyer on Etsy, and you may have to write an explanation to them if it does.
June 29, 2018
Brian M.
CIO
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
March 10, 2019

“Make your other shipping portals walk the plank”

OverallIncredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company. OR, in pirate speak, Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!
ProsEase of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip. SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze. The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.
ConsNo real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change. Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy: - Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference) - App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office) - Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.
March 10, 2019
Coty T.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
July 23, 2019

“Outstanding product with the best customer service!”

OverallPirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!
ProsFirst and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!
ConsThere aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference.
September 19, 2018

“I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!”

OverallEver since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list, well I contacted PS and in minutes, literally minutes I had a real person (with eye patch and wooden leg I assume) in a chat window and informed me that Ebay was having some issues with International orders. Every time I have needed customer support they have been there for me. I always insure my shipments, I have only once had to make a claim because USPS was rough with my packages and the PS staff assisted me all the way through with the claim and it all got resolved to my satisfaction.
ProsEasy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should.
Consno support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.
ROB R.
Producer/Videographer
Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Ahoy Mate, this be the finest Ship in ye postal yard!”

OverallI absolutely adore Pirateship and what it offers. Everything is well thought-out, it has efficiently-producing features (intuitive import mapping, rubber stamps, per-label tracking, end-user notification), the business model makes it *FREE* for end-users to use. What's not to like? I'm so thankful this company/product exists!!! YAY! My parrot, Simon, agrees. (as he lifts his head high, and declares "I am a pirate... ARRRRRR!")
Pros1 -- FUN!! I smile every time I sign in! 2 -- Saved profiles -- it remembers your frequently used profiles to make one-off shipping simple! 3 -- Shows all options to find the best rate, applying Media discounts, and estimating times! 4 -- IMPORT Mapping -- that works! Although it doesn't do well with multi-tabbed worksheets, it imports single-tabs great, with an integrated field-mapping interface to make multi-order shipping so simple! 5 -- Automatic Per-Label Tracking! Their system, behind the scenes, polls USPS tracking data, so for your batch shipments you can see what % has been delivered, and where each individual package is! BRILLIANT, useful, and well thought out! 6 -- RUBBER Stamps! Labels can have custom "rubber stamps" (text) that prints on the label. We use this to help describe what goes in each package during our packing process. 7 -- Recipient Notification -- At a designated time, it'll automatically e-mail all the recipients to let them know a shipment is coming.. sweet!
Cons- Would like to see support for multi-sheet excel workbooks. - Would love to be able to print my own JPG/PNG logo in the return-address section
November 29, 2018
Chris K.
PMF Agent
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
October 30, 2018

“Get aboard PIRATESHIP and save $$$”

OverallI am a relatively small ebay seller, but ever since another seller told me about Pirate Ship, I have done ALL of my shipping here. Integration with my ebay account was easy, and the labels even look better than when I used to print from ebay (no dotted lines to trim away and no annoying promotional message that ebay likes to tack on). I really appreciate the savings I get with the Cubic Rate Priority--- that alone is worth using it. Overall, a fun and easy site to use and savings are AWESOME!
ProsI love the SAVINGS, especially with Cubic Rate Priority Mail, which has saved me about $2 on every shipment that qualifies. This is the only software that passes these awesome savings on to us -- woo hoo! I also love that the response time is super quick if I submit a question. Great customer service!
ConsOnly thing that could be better is automatically importing ebay's Global Shipping Program sales. I don't have a whole bunch of them, and there is an easy workaround by doing a manual label and just copying the address (GSP always goes to Kentucky).
October 30, 2018
Katie F.
CEO/Founder
June 20, 2018

“Best Shipping Program Available!”

ProsPirate ship makes keeping track of my shipments easy! The integrate with multiple shop platforms so I can seamlessly import my labels as batches. I can save my most commonly used settings and can pull up addresses we've shipped to before with just a name or email address. They have the best pricing I've found and for a subscription box company that ships hundreds of boxes a month that savings add up quickly. Their customer service is EXCELLENT and they are continuously adding new features and functionality.
ConsI can't think of a single downside to using Pirate Ship! It really is a superior program ran by awesome people truly interested in their customer experience.
March 17, 2019

“Overall a Great Tool and Value (Especially Since It's Free)”

ProsIt provided the lowest possible rates I've found for USPS shipping. Also, it easily integrates with online stores such as eBay and Amazon. It offers specific USPS shipping rates (cubic rate, for example) that other online shipping platforms don't. You can easily track your label purchases and orders, monitor tracking information status for the orders themselves. Also, it is nice to be able to pay for only the specific order you're placing itself, as opposed to have to add funds to a site balance (such as with ShipStation, for example) that you then spend on the shipping cost.
ConsIt allows for USPS shipping only, and does not support other carriers such as FedEx or UPS (not to mention other carriers such as DHL). Some shipping options (such as USPS Media Mail) are hidden away under difficult-to-find sub-menus, almost as if they don't want users to use these cheaper alternative options. While I do appreciate the fact that the interface is very simple and seemingly intuitive, although this can sometimes become frustrating when it tries to auto-fill the address information while I'm typing (often incorrectly), forcing me to re-type the whole thing. Additionally, the simple interface sometimes makes me feel like some information is not being readily shown to me.
March 17, 2019
Deborah Q.
December 15, 2018

“Pirate Ship makes shipping from three sales channels a breeze”

OverallTheir customer support is unparalleled. I've had only a few questions because their documentation is outstanding, but when I needed an answer, I got one in MINUTES. I'm saving a BUNCH of money using Pirate Ship instead of Etsy shipping, both on the cost of shipping itself, and because Pirate Ship allows me to pay for shipping with my credit card where I earn cash back, something that Etsy no longer allows. (When you spend several thousand dollars a year on shipping, that adds up quickly - you can see a detailed analysis of my first month saving money with Pirate Ship here: https://tinyurl.com/y8v6c8xx/) I recently added two other sales channels - eBay and a Shopify website - and was anticipating difficulties with shipping orders from three sources, but Pirate Ship's integrations made it nearly seamless.
ProsThe ability to pull in orders from 3 different sales channels, the suggestions for what shipping method to use, reports that show which services I've used and which Postal Zones I'm shipping to the most, and the ability to "pay ahead" for shipping. Great documentation on all features, and so easy to get an answer to a question, either from their published documentation, or from online chat with staff.
ConsIt'd be great if all my pending shipments showed up on one sheet, and I could order multiple shipping labels from one page, but I'd be willing to bet they're working on that even as we speak.
December 15, 2018
Maryann A.
Freelancer and online retailer
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“Affordable rates”

OverallPirate Ship has greatly helped my online business because it has helped in reducing my shopping cost. I don't need to worry about extra costs, monthly fees and hidden charges.
ProsPirate ship is a software created modern small businesses and entrepreneurs. This shipping software is designed to help provide shipping services for USS approved postages. What I like the most is that it is affordable and easy to use. It only takes three steps to buy and print the postages whether it's a single parcel or a lot of them.
ConsI do not have any dislikes because this software has been awesome.
September 20, 2019
Kimberly T.
December 31, 2018

“Shipping software that actually makes sense!”

OverallThe customer service is great... I have only had one instance where I needed assistance when I first started using the software. I save a lot on shipping and am able to pass the savings along to my customers - especially on international shipments.
ProsIt's FREE! There are no hidden costs and it provides the cheapest rates for USPS approved postage. Very simple to use. Imports orders from other platforms such as eBay, Shopify, and Etsy and returns tracking to those sites once a label is purchased.
ConsThere are no fees, volume commitments, or hidden costs - I have no cons to list.
December 31, 2018
Cherri M.
Self Employed
Online Media, Self-employed
September 19, 2018

“Pirate Ship does not make you walk the plank!”

OverallAwesome. I do feel stupid sometimes when I ask a question when the answer is really obvious - but they put up with me! The one thing I highly recommend is that you really study the information on the cubic rates, if you don't you will be leaving money on the table.
ProsIt's free! It's easy! It's integrated with eBay and others and if it isn't, it's easy to paste in the info. Best of all, the priority rates are better, saving money is important when paying so much in fees to the seller platforms. AND their customer service rocks! You 'chat' with a real person and usually get an immediate response during the day or the next morning - that is gold. I've shared this program with everyone I know and they have done the same. It's that good! Thank you Pirate Ship!
ConsThere's nothing I don't like, however I will be happy when they do integrate with some of the other platforms.
jessica t.
operations analyst
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
March 21, 2019

“Easy and fun shipping platform”

OverallOverall, a fun, easy to use shipping platform with comprehensive reports, and easy shipment tracking.
ProsI absolutely love the overall theme and feel of pirate ship. Shipping packages has never been so fun. I like that pirate ship easily allows you to get shipment quotes, and in such a simple way with pictures to go along with everything. It integrates with shopify and other ecommerce platforms, so all of your orders populate once you sync, and you can print a batch of shipping labels all at one time. There's also a feature that lets you print an "end of day" barcode for USPS to scan so that every single package does not need to be scanned. Another thing I love about Pirate ship is the reports that are available. You can easily view pending returns, shipment costs, any carrier adjustments, your average shipment cost (which can help you determine a flat rate cost for your store), and a breakdown of domestic/international shipments. Honestly, there is a lot to like about pirate ship. It's so easy to use it doesn't even feel like you are working.
ConsPirate ship only works with USPS, so if you want to use fedex or ups, you are limited.
March 21, 2019
Nathan L.
IT Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 1, 2019

“PirateShip is Amazing”

ProsTheir website is easy to use and quite capable, and their customer service is literally the best I've ever experienced. They even implemented a feature I suggested to them! If you ask me, they are by far the best way to purchase USPS shipping labels. Much better than USPS's own website, PayPal, or Stamps. I don't even know how they make any money since they certainly aren't billing us. We only pay the cost of the postage we use, which is the same or better than everywhere else. Even if their prices were the same as buying direct for USPS, I'd still use them because their site is so easy to use and their customer service is so superb. I think I've recommended them to several people already too.
ConsIt doesn't provide the most professional or business oriented appearance but it's also really refreshing that they are okay being different. If they really wanted to cover all markets, they could consider creating an additional brand for themselves that keeps the same system and amazing customer service, while perhaps changing the pirate theme to something a bit more business oriented. They could even add a multi-user system for companies. Even without making changes, I didn't think twice about suggesting them as a solution to replace the post office trips or Pitney Bowes for some of our other locations. They are seriously my favorite company of all time right now.
October 1, 2019
Angela K.
Owner operator
July 23, 2019

“Couldn't live without it/ Wish everything worked like this”

OverallI sell online on several platforms. Pirate ship has saved me a fortune over time. I've learned a lot from their files as well as asking questions they always patiently answer. I never would have dreamed of selling direct international but they make it so easy my doors are open to the world.
ProsLove absolutely everything about Pirate ship. Very easy to navigate, intuitive interface, comical. Mounds of educational files. Off the chart customer service.
ConsIn 2 years of use I can't think of a single complaint.
Phil V.
Owner & Founder
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
December 3, 2018

“Easy to Use, Great Customer Service”

ProsIf you're new to shipping in bulk, PirateShip makes it easy to figure everything out and find the best shipping prices possible. And their customer service is awesome! They're friendly, responsive and helpful.
ConsI wish there was a way to create additional "users" for my account so I could limit the amount that employees with access can (accidentally) spend on shipping. But maybe this is an option and I haven't found it yet :)
December 3, 2018
Kaitee T.
OWner
September 20, 2018

“Pirate Ship is AMAZING! ”

OverallMy shipping costs have not only gone down but my time printing labels has also gone down. I love being able to see all of my orders & their items in one place! I love the search & filter options. and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have contacted them several times and they are always helpful, fast & friendly. I recommend pirate ship to every business I meet.
ProsThis software is so easy to use & has saved my company so much money! I love how fast I can get rates for multiple orders & it even makes custom forms a breeze.
ConsI only wish I could highlight and categorize different orders with tabs or folders or colors. I would love to organize my international orders vs. domestic as well. Also wish I could see if something was marked preorder although I know this is due to a shopify issue.
Mari G.
September 19, 2018

“EASY to use! FREE to use!”

OverallMy overall experience has been great. I've used Pirate Ship to create labels for different selling platforms I use. I use it to provide free shipping on platforms where the lowest shipping option on the platform is more expensive than if using PirateShip. I contacted customer service once for help and they responded back very promptly and friendly. I recommend it to anyone looking to save money.
ProsI like how easy it is to figure out. The ability to import your sales from eBay is a fantastic feature that requires only the click of a button! Creating a label is very straight forward; fill in the info and purchase the label. It's easy to choose between 3 size options when downloading the label. The rates are great and the "Quick Rate Quote" has been more than helpful in getting an estimate on how and where to ship to. The ability to use th "secret" Priority Mail Cubic (Commercial Pricing) alone is a reason alone to like PirateShip.
ConsOnly thing I can think of is perhaps the lack of personal customization of your front page (I would like to hide/show past labels made) and lack of a confirmation prior to clicking "Buy Label"
Henri B.
September 20, 2018

“Pirate ship is great for e-commerce”

Overall lowest USPS rates now with International postage.
ProsEasy to use, lowest USPS rates for little stores.
ConsThe database on the "SHIP" page is a little strange. It should default to latest orders or shipments but it does not. It can take several refreshes to get the orders in descending chronological order. Sometimes it displays correctly and sometimes it displays orders from the beginning of the year. This is the most important page in Pirate Ship, I suppose it will be worked out in time. I used Endicia before and Endicia does this perfectly.
Melissa P.
September 23, 2019

“A true shipping life saver!”

OverallI don't think it's possible to be happier! Plus their customer service is outstanding! When I initially got started they sent out a "how's it going?" type email. I sent back that I was super happy with their product and service, and I even got a response back! No complaining or issues--just a "great job" type response from me, and I still got a response back from them! That's nice customer service. I will recommend Pirate Ship to every person I know who considers going to the post office!
ProsIt's super easy to use plus they have an intro video on how to get started! They give me the same deals that I get through Etsy shipping for my custom orders and make my shipping life so much easier. The only thing that could make life easier would be a label printer (versus manually cutting and taping paper to my packages) and they can print on that too! You can guess what I'll be shopping for on Black Friday...
ConsI would like to be able to enter in multiple shipping labels and then purchase them all at the same time. I'm sure they can do this and I just haven't taken the time to figure out how yet. I came to Pirate Ship when I was in a serious time crunch and everything else was so easy I'm not going to worry about this. I see on the main screen that you can integrate with other sales programs (Etsy, Woocommerce, Shopify, etc) to pull order info, and also that you can upload your shipping orders via spreadsheet--I just haven't taken the time to learn how yet.
September 23, 2019
Lisa E.
Owner/maker
August 29, 2019

“A Must for online business”

OverallI love it! I use it every day and it saves me money. I print postage goofor etsy and eBay, soon to be Amazon and shopify all from one place. Great time saver
Pros-Cheapest postage I can find -no fees! -very easy to use -syncs with multiple sales channels -superb customer service -automatically imports order info and exports tracking numbers -can pay for postage with a credit card
ConsYou can't edit addresses that are automatically imported, but if you need to change an address you can just create a new label from scratch without using the import
August 29, 2019
NATALIE M.
OWNER
September 19, 2018

“Should have switched to Pirate Ship sooner! ”

OverallSAY YES TO PIRATE SHIP! Don't delay!
ProsPirate Ship is so easy to use. I can't believe I wasted so much time waiting in line at the Post Office. Now I can print labels at my own convenience and drop them off at the Post Office (skipping all the lines). What's even better than that? The cost! On small packages, I save almost $1; on large ones about $4!! It adds up. I wished I started using Pirate Ship sooner. I've told my friends who ship regularly to switch too! You should too!
ConsI wish that when I make multiple purchases in one day that it would be debited from my bank account once instead of all the small little debits.
Mike M.
ceo
June 21, 2018

“Absolutely fantastic, wish I'd found them sooner!”

OverallBetter rates with a much easier to use platform!
ProsPirate ship is amazing. It's super easy to use and intuitive which is a breath of fresh air after our last shipping program. Their rates are great and you can compare them without signing up at all. Their customer service, so far, has been really wonderful as well, they're super responsive and know what they're talking about. I honestly can't recommend them enough, especially if you're a Cratejoy merchant!
ConsI'd love a better emailing system for customer notifications. I'm overall very happy and don't have a ton to complain about. They seem to be building/improving constantly too!
June 21, 2018
Kevin B.
Co Owner
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“The crew are the best! Couldn't be happier”

OverallThey even switched their CC category for ME to help get extra CC points!
ProsThere is no upcharge at all, the platform is super easy to use, and customer service is top-notch. TOP!
ConsWould be great to eventually get more than USPS as shipping options, but for now, it is so good, thanks!
September 11, 2019
Tammy P.
Executive Administration
Food Production, 201-500 employees
January 4, 2019

“Best Shipping Option for the $”

OverallThis program has made my annual process of shipping so much less complicated and time consuming!
ProsI love that you can either enter a single label for shipping or you can download a spreadsheet for shipping multiple packages, especially if they are all the same size! Also the fact that customer service and answers to questions are immediate and thorough. Oh and I LOVE the tracking information that I can go back to over time - I have used that feature as well.
ConsThe only thing I would change is to give an option to select a different payment method when entering the shipment information rather than having to go to settings to select. Several times, in the frenzie of shipping, I have used the wrong payment method for shipments, which was easily corrected with reimbursement.
Justin E.
Lead Presser, Proprietor, Comic Grader
Entertainment, Self-employed
December 20, 2018

“Fast, Freindly, Easy to use, and CHEAP!”

OverallThis program is amazing it really has relieved me of many hiccups due to shipping. It makes my business faster and more efficient with no snafu due to over or undercharging my customers and the tracking system makes it so easy see my customers parcels without having to go to a website and enter the longest number in history.
ProsThis is super intuitive and easy to use for a small business like myself. I dont have to wait in line or use a clunky, buggy post office system to get my packages out any more. Takes ANY guess work out of shipping. Oh and did I mention the rates? It's not only easy to use it makes your shipping not eat your wallet as I have experienced from other third party shipping. TOP NOTCH!!
ConsAt the moment I currently have no issues, the only thing I can say is just my learning curve in the beginning.
December 20, 2018
Danielle D.
Chief (Coffee) Bean Counter
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 20, 2018

“Lifesaver for a tiny at home business trying to ship with the speed and convenience of Amazon!”

OverallI'm helping my downline team to get set up to save money on postage and ship from home, without having to invest in a monthly fee, without having to prepay for their postage and being able to get the best price no matter what it is they're shipping.
ProsI am SO glad I finally found the perfect solution for my postage needs. I love that there is NO monthly cost, there is no required minimum postage prepayment amount, and I get the absolute lowest price on all of my postage needs.
ConsI would like to see the ability to upload a csv file of my current address book of customers, so that they'd already be in the system.
De S.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2018

“Saving my company money everyday”

OverallWe pay far less than usps and other companies prices. Recently they lowered our international rates, to save is even more! Their customer service is top notch amd they are always available to help.
ProsEase of use!it is one of the most simplistic interfaces on the market.
ConsNothing, it seems to just get better and better.
Helen R.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2018

“Best shipping service ever!”

OverallI really love pirate ship. It has saved me money and time.
ProsI really love the rubber stamps on the labels. This has helped me immensely and have not sent out any incorrect packages since I have started using pirate ship.
ConsThe only thing that I don't like about it is the inability to just go back and make a correction on a package before printing. Usually, I have to cancel the label first then go back.
Mia G.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
September 19, 2018

“The Best Shipping Option for Businesses Who Like to Save Money”

OverallI have been using PirateShip since they launched and have been so happy. The rates are the absolute best, the integration is seamless, and their customer service is exemplary.
ProsEasily integrates with many ecommerce sites Best shipping rates Multiple options for packaging Allows you to copy/paste addresses Allows you to copy tracking info Automatically imports order info
ConsDoesn't integrate with WIX [yet], but I'm sure they will soon.
Rachael L.
June 20, 2018

“What were we doing before Pirate Ship?”

ProsIt's free! And they get way better USPS rates than we can get on our own. We've remodeled our fulfillment system to partner with Pirate Ship. Customer service is responsive and the developers are open to suggestions. We've even had a few of our wish list items added to the functionality.
ConsSome integration weaknesses like communication of fulfilled orders between Pirate Ship and Shipstation. We still have to use Shipstation to record our shipment records but I'm sure they are working on improvements. Can't eliminate Shipstation quite yet though...
Amanda I.
Retail, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
December 1, 2018

“THE BEST!! ”

ProsEverything! I have tried stamps.com, USPS, and PayPal shipping so I have tried others over the years. I love pirate ship the best because it easily syncs my Shopify orders and It does most all the work for mine. I also love that it charges as I go so I do not have to keep adding money to an account. Customer service is great if you need anything as well. Oh and don't forget they get you the cheapest rates out there so you will save.
ConsIf I would say there was a con it would be that it makes me open a separate page to print the label but it's not really a con to me at all just an extra step, I wouldn't say there are any "cons" with this app.
December 1, 2018
Teresa C.
September 20, 2018

“Pirate Ship is my go to site for Shipping”

OverallNeeded a place to be able to print labels from items we sold directly and on Mercari and Facebook, also doing more and more of my eBay transactions using Pirate Ship, simple to use, best rates and yes it honestly is FREE! No hidden fees.
ProsBest rates, offers cubic rates, ease of use, quick response, can like eBay account directly. Use Pirate Ship for all of my Mercari and Facebook Marketplace shipping needs. Nothing but positive to say about this site! Best of all it is FREE, yes FREE to use!
ConsNot a thing, everything is easy to use and works great
Michelle G.
self

“Easy and great savings”

OverallPirate Ship is easy to use. They are always improving . It saves me money. When I have a question it always is answered fast and friendly. It is answered by a person in the US not someone reading of a script ! It also puts a smile on my face at times with all the pirate references.
ProsIt is free and it saves me a lot of money.
ConsI like everything. I would love it if I could import orders from Bonanza and True-gether as well.
Cheryl C.
Owner/Designer
July 5, 2018

“Great Value and Customer Service!”

ProsLOTS: 1) I can connect multiple online shops in one account and it automatically posts the tracking info back to the shop (i.e. ebay, shopify, etc), 2) I can print various shipments all at once (hooray for this recent update!!), 3) Customer service is super responsive and friendly, 4) The developers are always improving the software, 5) Last but not least, it's free!
ConsBefore today, my least favorite thing was the fact that I couldn't print multiple labels for varied packages at one time... but they've just released an update making this possible. Now my only minor complaint is having to go through their print dialog and then through Chrome's (or other browser's) print dialog before printing... Would be nice to have that just be one step to save on mouse clicks and time. Again, this is minor now that the option to print multiple labels at once is available!
July 5, 2018
Julie B.
June 20, 2018

“Long time Pirate Ship fan!”

OverallI'm able to easily run my shipping labels at a great cost!
ProsThe ease of use and compatibility with the other softwares I use! Its just a few clicks to get my labels done and my fulfillment center particularly likes the sharable links to send them my labels!
ConsI'd like to add a logo to the labels but since I've not asked their customer service about it, I'm not sure - it might be available.
John D.
Web Designer
December 4, 2018

“No hassle shipping at the best price”

OverallThey seem like a really cool company. We get e-mails from them in pirate-talk... Cute!
ProsPirate Ship integrates seamlessly with Etsy, which is what we use it for the most. On average we are able to save 5% on our USPS Priority and USPS Priority Express shipping costs with just a few extra clicks. It does not integrate with our website's cart software yet, but the user interface is quick and clean so it's just a matter of cut and paste to get the labels printed.
ConsBilling is done in chunks of $50 or less, which means your money is tied up in intervals of $50 or more. For us that is a couple days of spend - not a big deal but may be for others.

By Pirate Ship on December 10, 2018
Ahoy John! Thank you so much for the kind review! I just wanted to point out that by default, Pirate Ship only charges you as you buy postage. You set a 'Minimum Payment Amount' on your account to reduce the number of payment transactions ;) this is totally optional.
December 4, 2018

“Amazing! ”

OverallI love this software. I used stamps before and Pirate Ship is better! It's free and has the same features as stamps. Customer Service is very fast and are very helpful. I love this service and won't ever go back to stamps!
ProsI love that this software is free to use. It is super easy and amazing.
ConsI don't like that I cant import the weight automatically from my scale but it's not a huge deal. I also wish I could choose the packages and click pick up without manually entering how many packages I have for pickup because sometimes I have a lot to count.
Restaurants, Self-employed

“Great Prices”

OverallLove the money that I save using Pirateship! It's easy top use and has great customer service.
ProsSo easy to use and great prices, I save a ton of money on shipping.
ConsI would love be able to see money spent monthly
David M.
Entrepreneur
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 17, 2019

“Pirate Ship - Save money on postage!”

OverallExcellent! Saves us time and money in shipping. We sell on eBay and Mercari and will use PirateShip as our postage supplier for any item that we include free shipping.
ProsThe ease of use and cost savings of PirateShip definitely made us come back for more. We have compared USPS rates vs Pirate Ship and PS saved us several dollars each time we used it. Very easy to use website. Saves Money....how can that be any better?
ConsHaven't found any cons about the software. I have shipped large and small packages and routinely save several dollars per transaction.
September 17, 2019
Matthew N.
Managing Partner
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 28, 2019

“Pirate ship exceeds industry norms!”

OverallOverall everything is great. Ease-of-use is an understatement. They respond quickly to any inquiries.
ProsCUBICAL shipping Extreme Value Commercial rates Ease of use Links well to market places It's a pirate
ConsHow could anyone dislike anything that saves you time, money and keeps your labels organized?
January 28, 2019
Chelsee N.
Independent Consultant
July 6, 2018

“HIGHLY Recommend!!!”

OverallIt allows me to run my business smoothly.
ProsThe set up is very user friendly. I am able to navigate through the screens and different areas with easy. The price is great and the customer service is amazing.
ConsDo I have to dislike something? I switched from another mail service and couldn't be happier. The only downside would be if you didn't like being talked to as a Pirate and who doesn't need a like Pirate in their life? :) HAHA
July 6, 2018
Conrad B.
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“The ABSOLUTELY best shipping software out there”

ProsTHE LOWEST PRICES AROUND, PirateShip has the best shipping software by far, the lowest shipping prices, plus no fees or charges at all! Great service too.
ConsNothing. There is nothing I don't like about them. Incredible service.
July 16, 2019
Crystal R.
February 23, 2019

“Print Shipping Labels at Commercial Rates”

OverallI had seen a lot of good reviews about Pirate Ship, so I decided to give them a try. I needed to print 12 labels for orders I needed to ship. Pirate Ship was extremely user friendly when I was entering the information for the label. I had an issue with one label and had to request to void it. I had no trouble doing so. When I was finished with the labels, I was able to easily print them out and print a SCAN sheet as well. The clerk at my local post office does not require the SCAN sheet, but it makes shipping a large number of packages much more efficient. I liked that I was able to see a list of the labels I had printed with the tracking numbers. I could click on an individual tracking number and quickly get the status of the package. At that point, I considered making Pirate Ship my go-to shipping service. However, I had noticed when purchasing postage, I did not see an option to pay for all of the labels at the same time as I had experienced with other services. The next day when I went to use my debit card, it was declined in spite having sufficient funds available. I called my bank and learned that my card had been looked for fraud due to Pirate Ship processing an individual transaction for each label.
ProsI can print one or many labels. There is no subscription fee. The interface is the most user friendly I have experienced. I can easily print a SCAN sheet to go with my labels for ease of shipping. I can see the status of my packages without having to look up each individual one on the USPS website.
ConsPirate Ship charged my debit card individually for each shipping label that I purchased. The one day I used it, I had 12 labels. This resulted in 12 individual charges to my card and caused my card to be locked due to a fraud alert being placed by the bank.

By Pirate Ship on April 26, 2019
Ahoy Captain Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear you had trouble with your bank locking your card :( Just head to Settings / Payment Method and set a "Minimum Payment Amount" to load your account balance up, instead of paying as-you-go ;) If we can ever help out just let us know, we're always available on chat or email! ARRrrrr, Pirate Ship
February 23, 2019
Amanda R.
Owner of Amanda's Papa Jewels
January 4, 2019

“Save a lot of money with Pirate Ship”

OverallFinding Pirate Ship has been a game changer for my new small home business. Pirateship helps me keep more money in my pocket and still provides an amazing product. Customer Service is Unbelievable, Everyone is always so nice, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Pirate Ship! I tell all of my fellow teammates and consultants about Pirateship on a daily basis! Thank you for attention to detail and taking suggestions and running with them!
Pros~Ease of learning how to use the software. ~Being able to easily track shipments. ~Automatically Emails customers with tracking info.
Cons~Report Options - However I have been informed this is being upgraded so I am thrilled to see this coming! ~Not being able to purchase or print postage for letters/standard envelopes or postcards. This would be a great feature to work on adding in my opinion!
Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees
December 13, 2018

“Best Shipping App EVERRR”

ProsThe customer service is amazing and very easy to use
ConsThere is nothing at all i dont like a bout it!
December 13, 2018
Joy S.
December 7, 2018

“Wish I knew sooner!”

OverallI have a small Etsy shop and offer my buyers free shipping. But USPS has been getting more and more expensive. And then I found Pirate Ship and wow!! The savings are incredible!! It's also a huge time saver by printing my labels at home and just dropping my orders in a post box and being able to import my orders is fantastic. Do not even hesitate to try this yourself!
ProsThe software is SO simple to use and took only moments to set up. The really great thing is I can import my orders from Etsy, click on the order to print the label, and then the software automatically adds the tracking number to the order!! It may not sound like a big deal but it saves me a lot of time and I don't have to worry if I entered the tracking number incorrectly.
ConsThere is nothing I do not like. It just works and works well.
December 7, 2018
Callee A.
Creator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“I love Pirate Ship!”

ProsFirst of, it's FREE! You can't beat that. The customer service is extraordinary, and they've recently added several new features that really make it stand-out as the best shipping service around.
ConsI wish you could open info about each label, or the USPS tracking info, in a new tab. I also wish you could batch create labels, while still being able to input each individual package's dimensions and weight.
James A.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
June 22, 2018

“Outstanding and extraordinary! That's my experience from day 1 with Pirate Ship. ”

OverallFast, efficient, error free.
ProsEasy to navigate, saves time and money for purchasing and printing shipping labels, fantastic customer support.
ConsThere is nothing to not like about Pirate Ship. One time it loaded slowly on my computer as result off my computer.
June 22, 2018
Gary C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Are you using "PP, "EB" "Stamp", "USPx" etc? In word, Fahgettaboudit (Matey)”

OverallWe are in the health/wellness business shipping small sized health products and simple and low cost shipping is a MUST. Customers now-a-days are used to the Primes of the world with cheap to zero cost shipping and keeping customers having a low cost (and sometimes free to our best customers) shipping service is must. I highly suggest any on-line business give it a try.
ProsSimple to use, fully customization with customer (date/time schedulable) contact/notice emails, great reporting/tracking, quick support chat (though I've needed it only once), lump sum charge to save the nickel/dime costs registration for accounting purposes, and best of all, GREAT VALUE and pricing! Highly Recommended.
ConsThough I've only been using Pirate Ship for a month or so I have not found any issues.
April 22, 2019