Ascend Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

About Ascend

At Ascend, we started with the belief that every church deserves an amazing website. We have created a platform that allows churches to have a website that looks great, is easy-to-update, and fits your budget. We have helped hundreds of churches across the country and have a team dedicated to finding great new ways to equip your church to reach your community. Learn more about Ascend

Nola A.
Web Team Leader
August 25, 2017

“Seamless, intuitive, many options, we have a beautiful website, encourages creativity.”

OverallA beautiful website that I enjoy maintaining & updating.
ProsI recently had a conversation with a rep from another church who was impressed with our website and was deciding between Church OS and another provider. I emphasized the ease of transitioning from our previous website, the Help section wth training videos, the quick email/telephone response time from Megan at the Help Desk, the sturdiness of the platform, the ease of designating sections of the website to various volunteers, the inclusive pricing pkg., versatility of format, (we can easily post text, photos, video, & audio). During our discussion I was 100% confident in recommending Church OS. I had zero experience doing web work when we signed on with Church OS. We now have a powerful and dynamic website that is a pleasure to maintain. I do all the website work on my iPad. We have just added the Facebook Add on. Wow! Our social media ministry continues to expand. Thank you Church OS. You deserve 6/5 stars! ******
Chris T.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2017

“Excellent. This software has delivered on every promise.”

OverallMany visitors to our location have mentioned using the website to find us. An out of town ministry chose to contact us because of our online presence.
ProsCan you think of a word or phrase that best describes your relationship with us? Why that particular word or phrase? Partnership. OS cares about our online presence and it's success.
ConsAdjusting image sizes using other software is tiresome. Too much trial and error to get it just right across all platforms.
September 11, 2017
Claude J.
Administrative Assistant - Finance
August 25, 2017

“Excellent value - fast, friendly, and professional service. Looks great, works great, price great”

ProsI continually get compliments on how great the site looks (on all platforms). The ease of use also lets me rest easy even when novices are updating the site. This software is also very cost effective and the support is second to none.
Trina S.
Council Member for Communications
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2017

“We have received great support from the staff at Church OS. It was very easy to develop our website.”

OverallA great looking website at a reasonable cost
ProsThis site was very easy to develop through the terrific support from the Church OS staff. I believe that anyone with a good understanding of computers would have no issues using this system. I also is specially designed for churches so we are not likely to overlook any of our programs or events happening at our church.
Kyla W.
Senior Associate Pastor
August 25, 2017

“Church OS has helped bring our church into the communication role we desire in our community.”

ProsEasy to use. Easy to edit. Easy to share. Easy to get going today! The team at Church OS seems to understand what our needs are before we are even able to articulate them...this has meant they have been able to respond with great immediacy to our requests for help. I honestly can't think of any downside. I suppose in an ideal world, it would be free - but they certainly don't overcharge for the quality we are getting. I get paid for my work. They should too.
Katie O.
Parish Administrator
August 25, 2017

“ChurchOS is always there for us. Website is easy to use and looks amazing.”

ProsOur ChurchOs website is so easy to use! You don't have to put a lot of effort into making it look professional.
ConsIf anything, I'd say I don't like the fact that when you copy and paste text into a story/event, you have to re-edit the spacing, which doesn't transfer. This isn't a big deal though.
Karina K.
Communications Coordinator
August 25, 2017

“The mission of ChurchOS is just so perfect for what we need - quality work, affordable price. ”

OverallAll-in-one service (design, help, web hosting etc). hey are a full-service team. It's great!
Pros- All-in-one service (design, help, web hosting etc) - Always so eager to help, and quick to respond.
ConsTemplates are great, but there isn't much option for working outside of them. Would be nice to have the option for a more open-ended design, for those who are capable of working outside the provided framework.
Aaron W.
Administrator
September 7, 2017

“Clean web-site, easy to use, great customer service”

ProsEase of use, drag and drop capability. Easy to incorporate images, text, graphics, audio and video. Can also upload code directly to the site to add tables, Google forms etc. Very impressed overall.
ConsImages are a little trickier to get right. If your images are not the exact dimensions I usually have to add some white space.
Lin P.
Communications
August 25, 2017

“Easy to use; full of great features that encourage creativity; great support staff”

OverallIt has more elements that we can use and because none of us are computer geniuses it is simple for us to create a website that looks fantastic.
ProsEasy to use both for the people working on the site, and the people using the site. Built in features make creating the site easy and the site is beautiful. Lots of information is captured and cross referenced.
Gil D.
Senior/Lead Pastor
September 7, 2017

“Staff at Church OS is friendly, prompt, knowledgeable and their system is intuitive. ”

OverallMore free time to do what I need to do and decreased levels of frustration when updating our website. Also, other staff/volunteers help manage site, this would have been nearly impossible in the past.
ProsIntuitive, easy to use, and excellent help data base. It does not require users to have extensive computer or programming knowledge. Changing/updating website is quick and easy.
ConsSometimes photo and graphics don't display properly even when using specified dimensions. People has had difficulty creating accounts and adding directory details. Working and printing calendar has been a challenge.
Juanita C.
Administrative Assistant
August 29, 2017

“Extremely user friendly, quick and friendly help when needed.”

ProsThis website looks great, it is simple to use and there is always help right around the corner if needed. Quick responses to email questions.
Jaime K.
Website Coordinator
September 14, 2017

“Incredible website product, service, and support. Exceptional value for investment.”

OverallA beautiful, easy to use, and quick to implement website solution for our church.
ProsBeautiful design options, interface is easy to use, knowledge base resources are extensive and easy to understand, exceptional service, responsive and friendly support team, always evolving product to keep current.
ConsFor those who have more advanced website and coding skills, the website design and editing features may seem a bit restrictive.
September 14, 2017
Loretta W.
Website Committee member
September 10, 2017

“Church OS has created a user friendly website at a reasonable cost.”

ProsThe creators understand the needs of churches and provide a very user friendly website. Very easy to upload photos and event information. Minister and secretary can add articles, etc. easily as well as the 'website committee members'. Can be customized to a certain degree.
ConsThe website definitely does not have as much flexibility as some but one would not expect and/or need lots of 'bells and whistles' for what is required for our use.
September 10, 2017
Louise K.
Elder
September 2, 2017

“It has been a very positive and good learning experience.”

ProsIt is relatively easy to use. I am able to fix mistakes after I have posted something and then realize that I have done something wrong. It is a great looking website and it is an excellent vehicle for people who want to look at the website and learn more about the church.
ConsIt still requires some work to figure it out. Partly, this is my own fault. A learning experience requires work and patience from the person who is learning as well. I need to spend more time learning how to do things so that I can help to make the church website better, and I am not sure how we encourage more people to look at the website.
September 2, 2017
Adam Z.
Lead Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Absolutely incredible experience.”

OverallThe biggest benefit for us was time. It decreased the amount of time spent on developing website content and gave me more time to do ministry.
ProsIt cut my time down immensely. I can spend my time doing what I should be doing. The way you create and edit content on the website is so easy.
David B.
Chair of Communications
September 6, 2017

“Impressive - meets all our needs in a church website.”

ProsThe software is easy to use, especially for those with little website experience. The company is innovative in its product and is responsive to clients' needs and issues. The service is also extremely cost effective.
September 6, 2017
Phil S.
June 7, 2017

“Simple. Easy-to-use. Clean interface. Responsive support and development team.”

ProsPastor was tired of doing the website himself, and I didn't have time to take on the whole thing myself, so we turned to a third-party solution. We found ChurchOS because it was local (as local goes in this day and age) and affordable. The process of getting set up was simple and straightforward, the UI is easy to use, and it definitely meets our needs of "no one really has time for this, but we do need a website..."
ConsMy only complaint is that there is an assumption that your church will have at least certain things (a few ongoing events, a few pictures, etc), without which your website starts to look a little bare. I know it's a tough nut to crack, but having a really nice looking layout for even the most barest of content would be even nicer :)
June 7, 2017