SkedPal Ratings

Overall

About SkedPal

SkedPal will help you reschedule your days and avoid interruptions. It's easy to use and intuitive. Learn more about SkedPal

Ngoni S.
General Manager: Digital Platforms and Services
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2019

“The best way to get your tasks done”

ProsSkedPal is a time blocking app that automatically schedules tasks in your todo list onto your calendar. This is a great way of turning a growing list of tasks, into a prioritised schedule to get them done. SkedPal does this by automatically taking each of the tasks in your todo lists and inserting it into the available time in your diary or calendar. SkedPal orders the scheduling of each task based on its priority, due date, estimated time needed to complete the task, etc. SkedPal works with your existing Google, Outlook, iCloud, or Exchange calendar. This is great because as SkedPal schedules your tasks into your calendar, those timeslots show as occupied or busy to your colleagues, ensuring that the time remains ringfenced for the intended purpose of getting that task done. When SkedPal is unable to find sufficient time in your calendar for you to get a task done by its due date, it will flag it for your attention. SkedPal has a number of triage options such as reprioritising the task, deferring the due date, adjusting the time map to extend the available hours in a day or week, etc. The key thing is that task deadlines and reminders do not sneek up and surprise you on the due date. Task allocations in your calendar are not static. As new tasks are added, SkedPal is able to adjust and reprioritise how it uses the available time in your calendar to make sure that urgent and important tasks are always scheduled earlier and with sufficient time to get them done.
ConsSkedPal is able to import tasks items from your existing todo list or task manager app. But, this is a once-off action. SkedPal is a separate task management tool and you have to use it for all your tasks and projects for it to work. The result is that you may end up managing duplicate lists if you have an existing corporate tool that you use or share with your colleagues. I wish that SkedPal could integrate into Google Tasks, Microsoft To-Do, Apple Reminders, or any of the task management apps already in widespread use. The SkedPal desktop app also seems to have a problem with corporate firewalls... i.e. it does not work. This limits its utility within the corporate environment as syncs are often delayed.
Poornima Y.
Business Group Head
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2019

“A superb scheduler and the best combo of calendar+todo list for busy professionals”

OverallI procrastinate. No way around it. Am horrid about it. I know I shouldn't do it. But I still do it. And once I lose a chunk of time in the day, I can never get the day back because I dread having to look at a todo list and figure out what to do next, what to prioritise and what to discard from my day. That kills my day. But not with Skedpal. Even if I lose a chunk of my morning, I don't freak out and think I have wasted the day. I know Skedpal would have figured out what I should be doing and only look at that next task. That saves my day. Where previously I would lost the day and felt demotivated for the week, now I have a get out of jail card. And hats off to the team. The auto scheduling works like a charm once you figure out the right time blocks.
ProsHands down the best part of Skedpal is that it takes away the stress of having to deal with multiple incoming things in a working day. If you are in the middle of something and suddenly 3 different tasks like a meeting or a new project request pop up in your inbox, Skedpal has you covered. It's auto scheduling is the best in class and after a while it becomes second nature to let Skedpal take the heat. You can be sure that it has come up with the best schedule for you. The icing on the cake is the sync with the Exchange account. If you have accepted a meeting in outlook, you don't have to go and reschedule your day unlike in any other todo list software. You literally don't have to do anything other than accept the meeting in outlook. Skedpal will have automatically synced with your work calendar and rescheduled your day before you know it. So when you finish the task you are on and go back to your today screen, you would see you day replanned around that unexpected meeting request you accepted. Skedpal is the best at what it does and works better than standalone todo list software such as Todoist or Things 3
ConsThe time tracking that was there in beta is now missing. With just some semblance of time tracking Skedpal would be a killer productivity tool.
Medical Practice, 201-500 employees
April 17, 2019

“Take the mental math out of scheduling”

OverallIn conclusion, SkedPal is a great app and it solves scheduling _much_ better than any app I've ever tried - and I've tried every auto-scheduler on the market. If you have high complexity in your life, SkedPal can definitely help you. The developers are responsive, and I bet it's going to get much better in the coming months and years.
ProsSkedPal is a great app for taking your priorities, dependencies, & urgencies and re-arranging them into a functioning schedule. Not only that, it can take your personal idiosyncrasies into account to get you the best schedule possible. So, what are the advantages of outsourcing this activity to software? In my day, two major things: 1. It saves time 2. It frees up your mind 3. It makes you more flexible For me, 3. is the kicker. I used to do scheduling manually in my calendar, scheduling all tasks > 15 minutes. However, even though my day is highly predictable, sometimes new opportunities arise. With my manual setup, I was "punished" for taking those opportunities by having to re-arrange my schedule. Furthermore, this inflexibility made me feel like I was being controlled by my calendar, rather than the other way around. SkedPal fixes all of that. Give it your tasks, duration and it'll give you a good schedule. Tell it what kind of tasks you want to do at which times through the time-maps feature, and it'll give you a great schedule. Add in complexity by having tasks that can't start before a specific time, some tasks with a due date, and SkedPal doesn't skip a beat. All this complexity is removed from your mind, giving you the freedom to to think about more important things. (Can you tell that I like the software?)
ConsHowever, all is not perfect. Firstly, there is some learning curve. Their onboarding is decent, but there is room for improvement. Secondly, the interface is dated and the app is written in JavaFX, so it's slow, crashes on me once a week (but all is backed up) and is only accessible on computers where I've installed it. A web-app is in the works, and I'm looking forward to it! Third, data-entry is fast and good. But not great. Todoist does great natural-language-processing on tasks (think "Call mother at 10pm in 2 weeks" or "Wash clothes every 10 days"). SkedPal tries, but often fails, and it doesn't provide visual feedback when recognising dates.
Neil G.
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
April 17, 2019

“Review of Skedpal autoscheduling software”

OverallIt's really changed the way I schedule everything (particularly my business work) - it's made me more accurate at predicting what I can fit in to my schedule, and also given me a lot more confidence when taking on new work (or quoting for new work) as I can set up a dummy project and see how that will affect my future schedule. It's made my life a lot easier when my calendar changes at short notice (eg events added or cancelled) as instead of having to manually reschedule everything I can just press a button and within a few minutes have a newly scheduled calender.
ProsIt does things that I'm not able to do with other calendar/task management software (or at least I haven't found any other software like this yet). Before I started using Skedpal, I scheduled all my tasks/projects manually, and this took up quite a lot of my time as my fixed calendar schedule (eg meetings, events, etc) is constantly changing which affects everything else. I really like that I can put in as many projects/tasks as I like along with some info about priorities, etc, and it'll automatically fit everything in (or at least try to if there is time available) in between all my fixed calendar appointments. The time maps are great, particularly the ability to further subdivide the time into green/orange/red zones depending on how keen I am to do certain work at certain times :-) The overall scheduling system works really well and although I usually end up fine-tuning it in terms of moving the suggested task order/times a little bit, it is a lot faster and more efficient than my old system of doing everything manually. It works really well in conjunction with my Google calendars, and seems to sync very well and quickly. The new 'curate your day' facility on the mobile Skedpal app is excellent and has made a huge difference recently.
ConsOverall it's a great piece of software - a few areas I'd like to see improved are to do with how small tasks (eg less than 30 minutes) are handled and scheduled (maybe it's just the way I'm using the software and haven't set the options up correctly though) - Skedpal groups together lots of small tasks (eg several 5 minute tasks) into a single task called 'Small tasks', but this often has small tasks from several different unrelated projects in it together which can cause problems if the time it takes me to switch from one project to another can be longer than the time spent doing the task, so I'd prefer it if there was an option just to group together tasks which are in the same project. Also the new 'curate your day' facility on the mobile app is fantastic, but it would be great to see this facility on the desktop app as well (which I use the most), however hopefully this will be something that will be released in the future. Another feature which would be useful would be the ability to temporarily extend the time-map for a day (or for a few days) without affecting the default time-maps - for example if Skedpal notices that there isn't enough time available in the standard time map to fit in all the scheduled tasks, but offers the option to extend the working hours for the current day, or for several days - and then after this it would revert back to the standard timemap hours.
Andrey G.
General Director
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2018

“Great product, using it everyday, but still isn't replacing my other calendar/task apps.”

Overall- Ability to store all your tasks and activities in a single app - While not limiting yourself to one tool - SkedPal appreciates your calendar events. - Automatic re-scheduling! When you have a packed schedule and skip or delay a task, re-scheduling by hand is the worst. - Decent mobile app, great desktop app.
ProsAutomatic scheduling. There are apps that provide this option, but some lacks functionality and others are overly complicated. SkedPal manages to balance in what I think is a sweet spot. Gmail integration. Nowadays, it's essential for an app to sync/integrate with other services. SkedPal does a great job here. Mobile and desktop. Again, apps like Task managers should be available at many moment when idea or a task pops in. Special thanks to SkedPal's team to covering all bases Uncluttered clean design. For this is very important. Clean design is like a clean desk - it makes my experience with the app much more effective.
ConsProper time tracking. SkedPal allows entering time spent on a task, but at the moment this information isn't easy to see and track. I do think that planned time vs effort is a very important metrics that influences the priority of the tasks. Sometimes I really miss a bird's eye view of my tasks. True, I can use filters/backlog, but it's not the most intuitive method. I don't really understand the difference between focus and priority While I understand the limitations of time maps, sometimes weekly schedule for time maps isn't working at all. I.e. sometimes my Saturday becomes workday and SkedPal just skips it for "Working hours" activities. Again, I don't have a solution, but I guess Time Maps dialog should allow to plan a map beyond single week.
Melissa C.
Internet Marketing Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
June 20, 2018

“SkedPal has become an indispensable part of my weekly and daily planning”

OverallDecrease overwhelm. Decrease decision-fatigue. Know what´s the most important task to focus on at any given time. Ability to update these options at any moment when new events arise in my schedule.
ProsYears ago I literally thought "if only somebody would create a software that would help me plan my days and weeks in a way that it takes into account my goals, projects, deadlines, current available time AND that can adapt the scheduling to the many changes that will inevitably arise in my day to day life." Well, it happened....SkedPal was create. I use it every single day and would be lost without it. I have so many things to do and also so many personal demands on my time that I needed a way to "budget" that time while making sure I was hitting all my priorities so I could make progress on all my personal and work goals. I don´t know what I would do without it. Also, the developers are SUPER responsive and the support is phenomenal. There are so many great things I could say about this software. I'm so grateful to have joined the Beta team of users years ago.
ConsIt has a little bit of a learning curve and there are some basic concepts in time management that are worth learning in order to make better use of the software and make sure it is the most effective tool for you. But, honestly, it is worth it.
Kyle A.
Accounting, Self-employed

“Almost perfect”

OverallI think I can get more done in a day than I realistically can but when I put it in the calendar and see it visually I realize I can't get it all done and need to prioritize.
ProsThe calendar view with my to do list was something I had to have to do I could visually see my day and where I how many tasks I could realistically compete in a certain amount of time and that it integrates my calendar so I can schedule around my appointments.
ConsI would like a way to easier see what items on my yo do list have already been scheduled on my calendar and which ones still need to be scheduled. Also would like it to be easier to see all my tasks in my inbox and the calendar at the same time and the ability to drag and drop. Right now you can only see your agenda for that day at the same time as your calendar.
Research, 501-1000 employees
April 17, 2019

“Excellent tool for academics”

OverallIn research, I have mostly self-directed days with occasional deadlines. There are hundreds of subtasks that are required in developing scientific methods, setting up experiments, compiling results and preparing publications. It is an immense challenge to prioritize tasks, and prevent non-essential (but interesting) subtasks from falling to the wayside. Skedpal takes care of these challenges for me. I use Skedpal every day to get an overview of what deadlines are approaching, and how my efforts could be best distributed over the day. It helps me decide if I should work overtime to avoid a crunch later on. It allows me to distribute my focus so that I don't spend excessive amounts of time on one task. Skedpal has allowed me to work more efficiently and has improved my dependability. I recommend it to everyone who has a considerable set of subtasks to manage.
ProsI purchased a skedpal account because it was the first organizer software I found that allowed me to translate my extensive personal to-do list into flexibly-scheduled tasks. It was fast to install and start using, was geared towards a single user, and it is a huge bonus that it is synchronized with google calendar. The "time maps" feature is essential, so that I can separate work days from weekends, and guarantee focus on different projects throughout the week.
ConsIt does not support task dependencies outside of linear dependency of subtasks. Ideally any task in my list would be able to depend on the completion of any other task.
Matt B.
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“A personal assistant in your pocket”

OverallAlthough SkedPal has a good number of practical uses, it's been like a personal assistant to me. Need to schedule something while you're on campus but not in class? Planning to complete a project by a specific due date in minimum time chunks of 1.5 hours? Need to make a grocery list, schedule a meeting, or finish an assignment? SkedPal does a fantastic job of prioritizing your tasks and automatically scheduling them for you. If you don't mark a task as done during the time SkedPal allotted, then it will reschedule it for you! It functions as a personal assistant that you don't have to pay $17.50/hr to maintain.
ProsSkedpal's best feature is it's time maps, which allow you to dynamically reschedule your life with a single button press.
ConsThe only downside with SkedPal is that I am having a difficult time generating tasks automatically for items on my Google Calendar. E.g: my calendar feed will populate Google Calendar with items labeled "Homework 4- Differential Equations" and I would like to automatically generate a task under Homework with a duration of 4 hours.
Jason L.
Senior Automation Engineer
Facilities Services, 11-50 employees
November 28, 2018

“SkedPal is what I've been dreaming about.”

OverallUsing SkedPal is close to what I feel it would be like to have an assistant. There is a little learning curve but once you set your preferences, awesomeness ensues.
ProsI have been searching for a tool, that I knew could exist with our current level of technology, to help me view and organize my commitments. After countless experimenting with other task/project management software, I have found SkedPal. I feel that weight has been removed from my shoulders. Because of the ingenious deployment of technology in SkedPal, I am now able to reclaim a lot of strength and focus from scheduling/planning and repurpose both to production. I have always been productive when working. I now have greater bandwidth to do more. There was always tension before planning and scheduling my work; I have a lot of commitments. No more. I have always had anxiety when reporting my estimated workload and due dates to my employer and customers. No longer. I have always liked working. Now, for the reasons above and the side effects resulting from the same, I have a substantially increased sense of joy while working. SkedPal, a thousand times, Thank You.
ConsIn light of how useful this software has been to me in the short time I have been using it and due to the fact that I probably have not found all features yet, I have nothing to present here at this time. I am sure that a time will come when I can't do something I want to with SkedPal, but that time is not now. Whatever issue presents itself in the future would most likely be miniscule in comparison to SkedPal's overall usefulness to me.
November 28, 2018
Caleb N.
Vice President for Resources
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
September 23, 2019

“I love it!”

OverallAs mentioned above, SkedPal increases my daily productivity by decreasing the time required to figure out what needs to be done today, what can be completed today, and taking away the worry of everything else.
ProsThis scheduling/task software is a real winner! You put in your tasks, connect it to your calendar, and it shoots out your day, arranged by time and importance. I have hundreds of tasks I need to eventually accomplish, but instead of being overwhelmed, SkedPal ignores the ones that can wait and only shows me the ones I should do today. Amazingly refreshing and satisfying.
ConsOccasionally SkedPal crashes but very rarely, and their customer service is superb. The smartphone version of SkedPal can be a bit slow, but it is very manageable.
September 23, 2019
Jules H.
E-Learning, Self-employed
April 19, 2019

“Clever and different approach to time management”

OverallI mainly use it for big time-blocking and focus - as a kind of Pomoro countdown machine to help with jobs I don't enjoy. But I don't find it reliable/intuitive enough on its own. I still need paper, Outlook etc. Since I use it on an ad hoc basis, I'm not sure it's entirely worth it for me. However, I think the developers are really onto something with the time-realism and gamification potential, which isn't currently prominent. Possibly it's not even meant to be used like that!
ProsIt helps me to be realistic about time, which I struggle to do otherwise. I use it to programme multiple boring tasks, eg marking. It adds a slight element of pressure/gamification which I find helpful for focus. Ticking off the to-dos before the time slot is motivating. I think the developer could make more of this. The integration with Asana and Outlook is good. The shorthand way of inputting is great (2 hrs etc). Support was extremely helpful when I was struggling at the start.
ConsIt's too easy too pin and move entries by mistake, especially with a touchscreen. CTRL+Z to undo last step would be useful. It's tricky to get the hang of. I sometimes find myself adjusting 'focus' and 'priorities' just to get a job appear first which needs to be done next. I don't find it great for capturing tiny granular tasks, as the scale of time is large. I'd like to be able to print out days schedules. The need to use it online is a limitation when you're out and about. I'd like to be able to set up repeated work processes to pull in, so they don't need to be duplicated or rekeyed. Eg 1h to mark each of 30 students with names to differentiate different deadlines, several times a year - it would be good to have a mini 'template' to facilitate inputting this kind of regular repetitive job. Asana has something like this, but doesn't have a fab 'update' button.
Xing N.
June 21, 2018

“I started using this app since its trial period, and this is my favourite scheduling app! ”

OverallBetter time management, more actually of convenience. I'm also able to access Google calendar without google play services (which my phone is lacking)
ProsI love the fact that the app provides native Google calendar support without relying on Google play services, and directly analyzes your calendar events, also automatically updating your new schedule on the calendar. SkedPal is also extremely efficient at drafting new schedules, in fact I spend really little time waiting for the schedule to be generated! I has definitely raised my productivity, and I strongly recommend it to all! Even better than Google tasks or calendar etc!
ConsIt makes me reliant on the app to generate my schedule (it might be better to physically do it on pen and paper) but that isn't actually a down point. Even though I'm on a free subscription (for those who joined really early), I would love for it to be free for everyone!
Roxanne S.
Medical student
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 18, 2019

“review - medical student perspective”

OverallReally beneficial for busy lifestyle!! I love it for my everydaylife and my student association involvment! Expensive, without a student fare, but worth it in
ProsI really like the Intelligent calendar, the Hot list, the projects and the time maps! (A little bit more help with creating thses could be more available for the new users)
ConsThe fonction sequential has some difficulties, I would love to choose certain tasks in a project to be sequential and others not. The schedule could be longer dans 3 weeks in the future. With tasks taking a very long time, I saw that they are usually planned very very closed to the deadlines even if the start of the project is far away from it. There could be a student / non-for-profit price
Matt F.
graduate assistant
Research, Self-employed

“Definitely recommend”

OverallOverall, my experience with Skedpal has been great. While there are some improvements I think they could make, I plan on using it for the foreseeable future.
ProsAutomated scheduling is such a huge timesaver/stress reliever. The time maps are useful for helping me budget my time and scheduling only at the times I want to work.
ConsI wish there were more integrations. Skedpal is fantastic for day-to-day scheduling, put I find other apps more useful for larger project management and it would be great if I could connect the two. Also, having the ability to create recurring subtasks would be useful. When I've tried before a message pops up saying "Feature coming soon." Yet that feature has not been developed yet.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2019

“Next Generation Scheduling and Calendaring”

ProsThis software makes it possible to handle all the tasks I need to juggle. Before this, I spent an hour or two each day re-arranging all the tasks to try and make things work. I'd then have to do the same thing the next day. With SkedPal, I can complete the same task with only 15-20 minutes of review and then a few button presses to have the schedule automatically setup. The new Curate Your Day feature that is currently in testing gives your scheduling even more intelligence. It's like having your own Secretary take care of your schedule for you.
ConsThat we have to pay for it. This application has tons of features that all the big calendar and to-do applications really need to integrate into themselves. By the time the get around to it though, this software is going to have all sorts of features and settings to really optimize the process, while the competitors are just getting started.
Tony G.
Enterprise Agile and DevOps Transformation Director
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
June 21, 2018

“The most effective tool I've ever used to maximise the scarcest resource I have - my time!”

ProsThe auto-scheduling, rescheduling and prioritising with integration to my calendar is the most effective way I've ever found of maximising my positive impact with my limited time
Cons* The user experience looks a little dated - less clean than tools like Todoist for example * I'd like more dashboards showing how well I'm tracking to my plan so that the product and I can learn how to better allow time for work - machine learning on this maybe? * The iOS app should be able to capture tasks, at least to the inbox, without the need to be online * The iOS app should have a force touch feature to capture a new task
Kyrié K.
BRAND + MARKETING STORYTELLER

“ADHD LIFE-SAVER”

OverallSanity, clarity + focus in my day.
ProsMy day and week change frequently, my tasks fluctuate on a regular basis often resulting in chaos and overwhelm of trying to do too much. I LOVE that Skedpal gives me all the functionality that I need yet still gives me a solid structure to plan my day, week and life and allows me to breath a bit easier knowing its on the backburner. Also, the AI is super helpful for an overthinker like me. So many features and the support is fantastic.
ConsI think the user interface could use some work, but I know that is a secondary concern. I wish the functionality to time my tasks wasnt removed and/or if I had an easier way to prioritize tasks within a project. Overall - it takes a quite a bit of time to get the hang of the application - and I dont find it very intuitive, but I havent found anything like it- and I've tried everything - so I am hangin in there.
Sander d.
Nanotechnology, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“Best way to organize your to-do's”

OverallGreat! It is the only to-do app that I have used consistently over a long period of time. Due to the calendar integration and intuitive prioritisation. Since it gives both a list based overview on top of scheduling to do's in your calendar, you really feel like you have full control over your to do's. It also really helps me think about whether something is necessary in the first place. I'm always a bit hesitant to embellish too much as it sounds unrealistic, but this software that has changed the way I think about my workday more than any other app, software or even book.
ProsSkedPal really integrates with your calendar, and due to the ability to constantly reschedule is incredibly dyanmic. I have found it by far the best way to integrate my to do list in my day-to-day, and really saves a lot of thinking, planning and worry.
ConsThere are some small bugs, such as a flickering screen when switching between projects. It also does not feel so logical that you constantly have to press 'connect' and 'update schedule'. It might be nice if Skedpal could integrate even easier with your working hours as my workweek is very dynamic (updating the time maps week to week is a bit of a hassle, though doable)
Yoan S.
Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 17, 2019

“Overall impression of Skedpal”

ProsThe ability to plan out my week in great detail and anticipate any "snag"
ConsThe inability to create a focus + list i.e right now there are only two levels of focus (in focus or not) but sometimes things that are scheduled are in focus but not really important. One additional feature is the inability to have another kind of check box. For instance, many tasks involve getting some information to someone. However, everytime I need to create a new task to follow up. It'd be interesting to have a completed but needs follow up in a few weeks kind of deal... Food for thoughts
Francis W.
Research, Self-employed
March 4, 2019

“SkedPal Review”

OverallDisclosure - I own a tiny number of shares in SkedPal. However, I recently performed a comparison between all auto-schedulers. SkedPal performs best as it is designed to handle a large number of tasks. This makes it ideal for daily usage.
ProsThe fact that it auto-schedules your calendar on demand, while separating your fixed and flexible schedules. Also, it runs alongside and syncs with Google Calendar which means its completely accessible.
ConsThe fact that there's no reschedule button outside the program which means that optimizing your schedule only happens by launching the mobile or desktop app.
March 4, 2019
Kerushan G.
Managing Director
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 19, 2019

“Solves the BIGGEST productivity challenge facing the busy exec”

OverallI really enjoy the app and cannot imagine my productivity workflow without it. I want SkedPal to do well so they can be around a long time!
ProsI've literally been searching for an app to auto-schedule my tasks for years. The only way to really power through a to-do list is to get it into the calendar. It also forces one to be realistic about planning and timelines. I tried an Outlook add-in years ago, but the experience was really poor. It was a welcome relief to discover SkedPal. It's an added bonus that the app is available across devices and also works with Zapier, which makes my productivity workflow come to life. The app is very well designed - they've thought of everything. I did look at TimeHero as an alterative but the fact that TimeHero cannot add entries to my Outlook calendar is a deal-breaker.
ConsThe UI is slightly dated only because it's missing some of the "lively character" of some of the more modern cloud apps. But this in no way diminishes the deep functionality of the app.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
April 17, 2019

“A great automated task scheduler”

ProsI am easily able to add tasks with a deadline and another date that I would like to finish the task by (this allows me to distinguish between the real deadline and an aspirational deadline that I set myself). Skedpal automatically pulls in appointments in my outlook calendar and generates my daily and weekly schedule based on the tasks that I have entered. Skedpal also notifies me when I have scheduled too many tasks and that I will not be able to get everything done by the dates/times I have entered.
ConsSkedpal occassionally loses connection to my outlook calendar and needs to be restarted to start working correctly again.
Rafa M.
CEO/CIO
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
June 23, 2019

“A new class of software”

ProsIt is a phenomenal marriage of GTD (getting things done) and Time Blocking (Cal Newport). Once you settle your system of adding tasks and (in my use case) integrating with Asana...the app starts intelligently putting work on your calendar. As you complete work or priorities change the app continues to update your schedule and blocks time to do the work. If you are realistic in your time estimates and diligent in capturing all your work...it significantly reduces the time required to answer "what should I do next" and increases productivity massively.
ConsThe integrations. The Asana integration while quite useful, needs a feature upgrade. The Zapier integration does not offer many trigger options or actions. The complexity of getting things in the right order. It takes a while to get the balance of priorities, schedules, due-dates, etc so that tasks are getting placed in your calendar in a way that you expect them to. It is eventually doable to get into ta rhythm, however the investment is not trivial. Given the utility of the software, the pain is worth it...however...definite area for improvement.
June 23, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
April 18, 2019

“Great task manager”

Pros+ You don't have to use the scheduling-part, it works very well as a general task manager + I use it according to GTD-methodology and it works great for this + The user-interface is very understandable and language parsing works well + Great with various integrations
Cons- New features can be slow at times - Localisation doesn't work well, e.g. time/date are displayed in American format only and the system doesn't handle foreign characters very well - The calendar forces itself onto your Outlook and can be a bit of hassle to remove - A bit too expensive compared to competitors
April 18, 2019
Jonas L.
IT Solution Architect
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 20, 2019

“SkedPal is an excellent auto-scheduler of my tasks”

OverallBetter planning, prioritization and execution of tasks/projects.
ProsI like the whole auto-scheduling experience in combination with the time maps.
ConsThe mobile features are not aligned with the desktop features, i.e. they are not the same and the good things you can do on the mobile you can't do in the desktop version, and vice versa! I would to be able to to manually move the tasks in the Focused tasks list, to control which task is scheduled before some other task. I.e. like now in the "Prioritize" view in the app, but for a longer time horizon than just the days in this week. I would also like the buffer time to be more flexible. And maybe also make it possible to set a buffer after or before a specific task.
Thommy S.
Chief Leadership Office
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed

“Fantastic Software!”

ProsI am constantly looking for ways to increase my productivity and when reviewing my "Ideal week" I realized that I don't need a task management software, I needed priority management. I wanted something that would allow me to shift priorities and when life happens, let me see the impact to my deadlines. Implementing Skedpal made me realize how incredibly over-committed I was to everyone (a problem for people pleasers like me). Through that awareness, I was able to give myself permission to put other things on the back burner and focus on what matters most. Skedpal has become part of my weekly Sunday night planning to make sure I know exactly what my week looks like and how much flexibility I have in any given week. This is a fantastic tool and I highly recommend it to everyone including my coaching clients!
ConsI had trouble with the upgrade wanting to install every time I logged on. I finally just uninstalled everything and reinstalled and the problem went away. Otherwise, I love everything about the program!
Dennis B.
Partner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
September 18, 2019

“Finally: a scheduling tool that actually helps me schedule rather than becoming a burden.”

OverallHaving tried numerous scheduling tools, SkedPal is the first that didn't become a major task to perform in itself. Others ended up being such a pain as soon as you had any kind of backlog in outstanding tasks (and if I didn't have such a backlog at times, I probably wouldn't be in such dire need of scheduling help!) that you put off using them, leading to an even bigger backlog. SkedPal helps me easily concentrate on the most important/pressing tasks; helps me tweak my plan whenever things have to change (frequently) and works great with Google Calendar.
ProsHelps me focus on the most important/pressing tasks.
ConsTook me a little time to be able to get the most possible benefit from it (though the support is excellent, which really helped).
Lukas E.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Clunky but useful”

OverallThis app has great potential - the promise of having an automatic day navigation system is very attractive. Maybe my life is a little too complicated for the app.
ProsThe app puts my priorities on my calendar, automatically. There are only so many hours in a day, and this app helps me prioritize my time and get me out of the feeling of being overwhelmed.
ConsI need the Asana connector because I'm managing my todos there. SkedPal is not sufficient to me (no group features, the limited hierarchy of tasks) to do all my planning with it. But the Asana connector doesn't see all my tasks there - only if they're in particular projects I selected previously. And it doesn't synchronize if a task is repeated. So I have to jump back and forth.
Zachary K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Amazing - SkedPal is the future of calendar apps. ”

OverallIf you're overwhelmed because you're personally responsible for projects in a lot of places (like freelancers, homemakers, managers, artists, or students), SkedPal can be a lifesaver. By starting with time blocks and priority "time maps," it lets you automatically convert complicated tasks lists from home and work into a flexible starting point that can quickly adjust if you have firm commitments, or just find yourself in a mood to do something else. The workflow is so good that I'd recommend *everyone* switch, whether they use software or not.
ProsIt is the *only* automatic scheduler I could find that works by accommodating *me*, not the other way around. One click of the "Reschedule" button and everything moves around my needs. Oh, and it's a great task manager to boot!
ConsIt's really expensive for personal software, even as great as it is. SkedPal costs almost as much as a Photoshop Creative Cloud subscription. Beyond that, the interface doesn't really feel native to any OS, though it doesn't feel *bad* by any means. The learning curve is naturally a bit steeper, as it requires thinking the way their approach to planning works. This will be a good change for most.
April 22, 2019
Melanie W.
Education Management, Self-employed
June 24, 2018

“An essential tool for managing my busy life”

OverallI make the best use of my time possible and that's important because I'm a mother of six and an entrepreneur.
ProsI love that Skedpal lets me know when I am trying to accomplish more than is possible with my time constraints. It also helps me achieve balance.
ConsI can't think of anything! The team has been responsive to requests for features. I love being able to star Gmail tasks and have them land in my inbox.
June 24, 2018
June 20, 2018

“I rely on Skedpal every day ”

ProsNo software does what Skedpal can do. I've tried them all and Skedpal is the only tool that can tell me what I need to work on to hut my many deadlines.
ConsI wish it was web based but I understand it requires lots of compute power to schedule everything with all the options Skedpal offers. That is probably why web based competitors seem to offer far fewer customizations and far worse performance.
Stefan S.
Partner
June 20, 2018

“This is a great tool to schedule and prioritise a complex diary / tasks”

OverallReduced stress!
ProsIt's very flexible and seems to work out priorities and schedule very well. Also it is available on all of my devices which is very helpful.
ConsIt is a little complicated to setup at first and the documentation could be better. It would be great if you could drag tasks in Google Calendar to reschedule rather than only the apps and calendar but that is a minor quibble.
Lan B.
Retail, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“SkedPal is the best time management software”

OverallSkedPal has helped me go from struggling to manage my schedule to easily be able to manage my schedule.
ProsSkedPal, once set up, will automatically schedule everything for you. Their mentality behind time management is better than any I've come across.
ConsThe UI is a little difficult to use in the beginning, but after using it for a day or two you will know where everything is.
Nathan C.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“Changed my working life”

OverallSuperb. Really exceeded my expectations and has changed how I work day to day. It's the first thing I check every day.
ProsLoved how it automated my 'what should I be doing today', saving me several hours every month and allowing me to know that even if it is busy that I can achieve everything (or skedpal will tell me!). Great that it works with other calendars too, makes things seamless.
ConsThe software scans a certain amount in advance to give you your timetable. I don't need to see the actual planned timetable, but it would be useful if it were able to tell you if you're overscheduled for a later month. E.g. if a task will take 10h, then planning it for one day won't work.
Félix G.
Coordonnateur aux projets d'investissement
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
September 18, 2019

“Great app ! your own executive assistant in your pocket!”

OverallI save a lot of time because my agenda is already ready for the week. The email integration make it great to send a task "on the fly" with my phone. Once a the office, I assign all the tasks by projects, due dates etc... It's great for having an overview of the week/month and being able to determine if I can take more projects. It need some more improvement and I Can't wait to see the 3.0 version but it is already great as it is.
ProsIt basically make your own agenda! So much easier to begin the day with all the tasks sorted by importance, deadline, lenght..
ConsThe mobile application could much more smoother.
Megan B.
Computer Hardware, Self-employed

“Perfect, feature planning”

OverallWorkload planning, workload balance, AUTOMATIC flexible planning around irregular calendar events.
ProsThis is just the scheduling software I have been it is flexible and helps so much with planning workload!
ConsThe features (which I love) are a little difficult to use on mobile due to their complexity, but the app is good for checking things off easily.
Megan R.
Textiles, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“Excellent tool to capture all of the things”

OverallI work on approximately 150 projects at any one time. They are all at different places in the process, so there is a lot of open items. Skedpal allows me to not only capture these items but also the meetings, one-off tasks, and "Waiting for" items. Using the Today view allows me to focus not on ALL of the things, but instead on what's important.
ProsIntegration of my calendar with my to do list. I have a lot of to-dos, and I have a lot of meetings. It is really great to see what I can accomplish in the random chunks of time I have available. I have also amped up my use of the time maps which has increased the amount I get done across the board!
ConsSync issues. There are sync issues across devices and within the calendar feature. My work-around for the mobile app is to use my phone solely to capture items (GTD), then I use the desktop application to process. When moving things around in the calendar, I want to "Update Schedule" to see the changes, but the program crashes. I just don't "Update" inside the calendar anymore.
Education Management, Self-employed
April 17, 2019

“Perfect for busy students”

ProsAs a busy student in my final semester, SkedPal has been the perfect solution for me to balance my classes, job search, and life. The software does what an ordinary checklist can't - it helps smooths my work so I don't have huge mountains of work one week followed by barely any the week after. It also easily adapts to me so if I take a day off of doing homework, it'll reschedule the assignments for me.
ConsMy only con about the software is that it only schedules 21 days in advance. However, I found this to be a positive as it makes me break down larger assignments myself.
Kaylin M.
Sales Training and Content Manager
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
July 10, 2019

“Favorite Tasker”

OverallI can see all my events/projects in front of me in one place, and all the time!! Until Skedpal I hadn't found an equivalent software that can keep up with me better than me just writing it down. With SkedPal I can see everything I need to be doing right at my finger tips, in real time, and without having to have my physical planner with me.
ProsI love how flexible this software is! The time maps, plan for.., and the various calendar/schedule views and options are my top favorite aspects of SkedPal...which is basically everything! I'm constantly having to keep up with the multiple parts of my life and have kept a physical calendar for years. Until Skedpal I hadn't found an equivalent software that can keep up with me better than me just writing it down. With SkedPal I can see everything I need to be doing right at my finger tips, in real time.
ConsWhile SkedPal really does everything right, I wish sub-tasking were more robust and the notes within tasks could have more formatting options.
July 10, 2019
Kaja T.
Solution Architect
Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees
May 4, 2019

“Spend your time on the productive tasks, not scheduling your tasks”

ProsI like that it plans my days for me based on my priorities and tasks, around my calendar appointments. It relieves my anxiety that I don't have time to complete all my tasks on time - I can see it in the agenda whether I can or cannot. It also saves time from trying to decide which task to take on now or next - it suggests agenda based on my priorities, deadlines etc.
ConsIt can be bothersome to set up and keep it updated with incoming tasks. It doesn't account for some appointments and tasks requiring a specific geographic location - and thus there is some travel time in between; and sometimes it would be better to cluster some geographically close-by tasks together when I am in the area for a calendar appointment already or similar. Easier integrations with different e-mail readers, project management applications etc would be useful (for example, browser addon to add task from any text on website, outlook addon, etc).
May 4, 2019
Craig J.
Senior Developer
June 21, 2018

“Skedpal is effortless trustworthy task management”

OverallManage 200 plus tasks and projects effortlessly.
ProsAutomated Scheduling of your time quickly identifies the moment you over-commit or you have a scheduling conflict. I have found this to be a pretty good "set and forget" task management system which allows you to get on with being productive without scanning lists or prioritizing or lengthy daily planning sessions. and without the worry that you're about to miss some deadline or other. The next task just pops up to the top of your list, task management just happens.
ConsI'd really like a unlimited tree-like task outliner rather than the Area-Project-Task-Subtask hierarchy that Skedpal now provides. This would allow me to move all my task tracking and management into one place and embed Skedpal into every aspect of my life.
Tracy D.
Director of Marketing, Relationship Development
11-50 employees
June 20, 2018

“Skedpal is a phenomenal app that helped me not to overcommit”

ProsThere are lots of ways to get data into the software, including email, Evernote, import, and typing in. It integrates well with my calendar and gives me lots of flexibility. It's the first time I've been able to get a sense of how much work I have in queue, and if I really need to say no based on my workload.
ConsI really don't have anything that I dislike. The requests that I've had have been implemented to date.
Ian B.
Finance Director
July 7, 2018

“A fast developing, fast improving task-planning application that incorporates capacity”

ProsThe best cross-platform task management app. Unlike most task apps, it also uses multiple criteria to plan and prioritize within the constraints of the users calendar and capacity. The product's functionality continues to improve up at each update, aided by a very attentive and responsive support team.
ConsI'd prefer more granularity over how I want to assign the relative priorities when I have a big number of tasks (60-100) though this may just be my lack of understanding. I have struggled with recurring tasks that have long gaps
July 7, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
June 19, 2018

“SkedPal helps me focus on the important things, and lets me set the rest aside for a later date.”

ProsI love that I only see the tasks I need to do today. I can easily get overwhelmed with all I have to do, but SkedPal relieves that issue.
ConsThe SkedPal app takes forever to launch and make any changes. I do not use the app anymore for this reason.
Jason R.
Business Owner
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“One-of-a-kind software”

OverallSkedpal is really awesome and I rely on it to help me understand my schedule and know what the very best task is to do at each moment.
ProsAutomatic rescheduling is incredibly unique and hard to find in a daily time management software.
ConsI use Google Assistant to add my tasks to my to do list and I wish there was a more direct way of entering my tasks from Google Assistant directly into skedpal.
Nels R.
Computer Software, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“Great Software, Couple missing features & small learning curve”

ProsBeing able to automatically recalculate my schedule essential now for my own sanity. It's the only way that I feel that I'm able to stay on task and be productive. I also love that you can schedule tasks to happen periodically, and the ability to mark things as partially complete, and to organize things into projects. This is something Wunderlist and a bullet journal cannot do.
ConsThere's no way to schedule reoccurring tasks at a fixed time (say every Tuesday at 3:00pm). There's also no native notifications so you have to rely on linking your SkedPal calendar to your calendar app, which gets out of sync when your schedule changes. That's problematic for an app that is supposed to be responsive to changes in your schedule. Finally, there's a steep learning learning curve at the beginning, but can get used to the app in under a day.
Kay R.
Business owner
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 18, 2019

“I always know what to work on”

OverallAbsolutely love it!
ProsTime blocking is such an incredibly useful time management feature. I love how I can signify in red yellow or green what types of tasks I would like to do at a given time.
ConsI wish it had a countdown timer to let me know how much time is left on my given task until the end of the event.
Andre M.
A
Research, 5001-10,000 employees

“Skedpal”

OverallGood.
ProsAutomatic scheduling makes things easy. If it's on the calendar, gets done
ConsNo timer for tasks. Got nerfed. Waiting for this to come back for literally years.
Todd C.
Software Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2019

“Wanted to love SkedPal for use with Asana, but it didn't work well for us”

OverallI love the proposition of what SkedPal is trying to solve, but I found it too cumbersome to setup and use. I'm a software consultant and am very tech savvy, and I wasn't happy with what I could setup after dedicating several hours to it. I feel like it should have a web-based option, but it required use of an app. If integrating with Asana, keep in mind you will need to sync every new Asana project after you create it. I think this would not be a good workflow if you are constantly creating new projects.
ProsGlad that it integrates with iCloud and Google Calendar. The customer support was excellent when I had trouble integrating with my Asana account. There was a very thorough onboarding sequence to try to help you get started (although it was still pretty complicated).
ConsI didn't find SkedPal very intuitive. An example would be that to edit settings, you have to do it in a web interface, but to actually use the software you have to use a downloadable app. It required a lot of reading in the Knowledge Base about various terms and concepts: time maps and project time maps, sequential vs non-sequential projects, projects vs. areas vs. tags. The interface is not pretty or slick in any way. I also didn't like that it started creating comments all over my Asana tasks without letting me know it was going to do that. This would create all kinds of notifications for Asana followers that are unnecessary. I also found it difficult to use with Asana. For example, there might be tasks that are things I want to remember in Asana, but not schedule into my weekly to dos. There's probably a way to keep them from showing in SkedPal's calendar, but it wasn't intuitive and would probably be very labor intensive for a lot of tasks.