Docketwise Immigration Software Ratings

Overall

About Docketwise Immigration Software

Docketwise is the #1 rated immigration software for form preparation. Immigration lawyers use our software to simplify legal paperwork for their own clients. Lawyers subscribe to Docketwise for unlimited access to a comprehensive set of family, business and humanitarian immigration forms and immigration practice management features. Docketwise is cloud-based and scalable. In addition to form preparation, it offers a CRM, case tracking, priority date tracking, tasks, reminders and more. Learn more about Docketwise Immigration Software

Sonseere G.
Legal Services, Self-employed
April 28, 2019

“Docketwise is an excellent value and easy-to-use program”

OverallDocketwise allows me to collect my clients' information in an easy-to-understand format. Regardless of which immigration form I need to generate, I know that the same information will populate each one. There is no need to retype the same facts over and over again into different forms for the same client. I also know that I'm using the most recent form that USCIS requires. I also use the To-Do list feature and have imported some of my own forms and checklists. Overall, I am very satisfied. The price is right for me as I continue to build my practice. I feel like I have all of the advantages that the big firms have because I purchased Docketwise. I know that I'm not missing anything. It helps me practice smarter, more efficiently and with confidence.
ProsI liked how straightforward and streamlined the software is. It is easy for my clients to navigate once I send them the link to complete an intake form. And, as an added bonus, it is easy for me to use too. The set-up time is minimal and the instructions are in plain English that "mature" lawyers like me can understand. And, when I can't figure out something, I am completely confident that someone from tech support will call me back right away and answer my questions respectfully and explain everything in easy-to-understand terms. This program is amazing! It's a great value for how well it works and how much support Docketwise offers to users.
ConsI honestly can't think of anything that is limiting or difficult about the software. The few issues I had were only related to my learning curve. But again, I sent an email off and scheduled a training session. They explained everything and were quite patient with me and my questions.
April 28, 2019
David M. N.
April 10, 2019

“Updated Review”

OverallAlthough my previous review listed several issues with the forms, the only issue that I still have with the platform is the autosave feature and no undo button. Other than this, I think that the program is overall effective and really helps differentiate my practice with other firms. When clients use Docketwise to enter in their information, it allows our office to use our time for more important things.
Pros1. You can send the questionnaire over to the client. The client only has to answer the question once and the information goes across to the other forms. 2. The client makes an account and they can edit the immigration forms. Most of my clients really like this feature and it makes my business more efficient. 3. The platform has changed since I started using it about a year ago. They have more options now. 4. What I like most is the fact that I no longer have to worry about using the current edition date of the various USCIS forms. Docketwise updates the documents regularly and the information that was inputted into the old form is moved over to the new form. 5. There is a direct contact person so if you have issues you can contact them.
Cons1. There seems to be occasional bugs. Sometimes when you send the issue over to the developers they can't replicate the issue.
April 10, 2019
Shahzad K.
Principal Attorney
February 16, 2018

“This is the solution I was looking for in my immigration practice. ”

OverallThis product has increased my law firms productivity ten fold. Before I used to do forms on my own from the USCIS website. Using Docketwise, has caused me to give up paper questionnaires and keeps me from inputting information directly into forms. The client and the beneficiaries fill out their questionnaires and Docketwise takes care of the rest.
ProsThe thing that I really like about this software solution is that it is intuitive and very easy to use. I have used other immigration forms software. I found that the one I had used previously comes off as very awkward. It made things harder than they really were and then there was also the cost involved that was much higher. Having used that solution before caused me to steer away from it in my own private practice. With docketwise there is no guessing here. The questions asked are easy to understand for a lawyer and non-lawyers. I have only used this product now for about a week, but I can see this product is far superior to other competitor products on the market. I saw an advertisement for this product and ventured over to its website. I watched the video on their website and was immediately attracted to its ease of use. Now that I have used this product for a week, I can instantly say that it has increased my productivity ten fold.
ConsThis is not a criticism of the software solution. Rather, it is a suggestion. In the one week that I have used this software, the only thing that I would like changed about it is when I send out a questionnaire to a beneficiary in an employment based immigration case, the employer's private information should be kept segregated from the eyes of the beneficiary. So, my suggestion is that the beneficiary only have access to their part of the smart questionnaire.
February 16, 2018
Melanie S.
August 15, 2019

“A huge time saver! ”

ProsThis software has helped me to save time and streamline my practice. By sending out the questionnaires to clients, we are able to avoid filling out the forms in person and waiting for clients to try to recall information. They are able to fill it out ahead of time and the software auto-populates the forms, saving time and avoiding errors. I like that the information integrates with Clio and saves us time entering information. The website is user friendly and the customer service is fantastic.
ConsSpanish is not available for all of the forms, though there is a work around with customizable questionnaires for clients, and the data synching could be a bit smoother.
August 15, 2019
Karin J.
Immigration Coordinator
May 21, 2019

“You can't afford NOT to use DW”

OverallWithout a doubt we are saving time and resources with DW. I enjoy the ease of use and have had the pleasure of talking with customer service when I have questions as they are very responsive (a chat feature might be handy). To reiterate though - if you aren't using some kind of software for immigration forms, this is a no brainer. And, if you aren't using DW, in my opinion, this product is superior!
ProsOnce you get used to it, it's very intuitive. The amount of time it saves covers any subscription cost. Additionally, by having the client involved in the process and responding directly cuts down on form information errors. The software saves quickly with little down time between screens (which is huge compared to other's I have used).
ConsThere is nothing NOT to like. As with any program such as this, the user can always think of ways to make it even better (e.g. would be great to have some way of knowing what information is INCOMPLETE as the client is working on it). I would also prefer that the dashboard defaults to the matter tab vs. forms, but that's just me! Also, could see some logical improvements to the addendum pages :)
May 21, 2019
Robert Mirque Law M.
April 5, 2019

“Exceptional Value”

ProsDocketwise has completely changed my practice for the positive. The time savings in having the client fill out the questionnaire and the ability for the seamless population of that data in the forms is a huge time saver. For the clients, it looks top notch. For my staff, it simplifies their work. All this at a very reasonable rate. What's not to love about this product?
ConsAs with any digital product, there are bound to be technical issues. However, the customer support has been very responsive and have managed to get me going in no time. With the new version of this product (3rd), I wish there were more advance notice of the changes that would be coming and a comparison of the previous version and the new version. I felt like the new version was a "surprise" when it showed up on my screen. An email to all current customers of the change over would have been helpful and a video of the changes even more.
April 5, 2019
Misty Wilson B.
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2019

“Amazing Immigration Software”

OverallThe smartforms are incredibly helpful and easy to use. I love that the software does not make you enter information that is not necessary to your case. It really does let you be in the driver's seat of completing the forms.
ProsDocketwise is incredibly user friendly. We have been some of the first to use Docketwise (originally branded under a different name). We have watched it grow and improve the platform. We have been incredibly pleased with the functionality, ease of use, and wonderful customer service. They are incredibly responsive and proactive to corrections or changes needed. Wonderful product; wonderful team!
ConsAlthough they initially had a limited number of forms available, they have continued adding more and more. which has been incredibly helpful!
May 3, 2019
David C.
June 27, 2019

“Early adopter thrilled with Docketwise”

OverallI have greatly increased the number of cases I can handle by allowing my clients to control their data and at the same time make efficient use of the collection of their data by having it map directly to the forms needed in each case. These efficiencies have led to a marked increase in business and income. I attributed this increase to use of Docketwise.
ProsIt is designed with a clean and inviting interface, which is important for my clients. It is easy to follow the prompts through the system and the layout and navigation options work well and are efficient and user-friendly.
ConsSome of the questions require a certain level of knowledge to understand and answer. Sometimes clients aren't able to determine how to answer a question. The issue is usually resolved by a quick answer from me about the item in question and guidance on how to answer the question posed.
June 27, 2019
Ahmed A M.
Operations Manager
March 22, 2019

“Really easy to use and great customer service”

OverallI'm really impressed with their rep's commitment to excellent customer service. He responds to emails within about five minutes and is always available for a call. We've been using Docketwise for over a year and in that time have come across a handful of issues -- each of which the team took care of immediately. I'm overall really happy with Docketwise.
ProsDocketwise is extremely easy to use. It streamlines the entire process of completing immigration forms and we use it daily. We simply send our clients an invitation to complete the survey from the comfort of their own home, and within 20 minutes an entire adjustment of status packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864) is ready to go!
ConsIt would be great if we could white label the domain. Also, some questions are phrased in a confusing way. They're working on both these things however.
March 22, 2019
Anna E.
Shareholder
May 7, 2018

“The Best Software At My Firm”

OverallIt is making my business grow.
ProsI am extremely pleased with Docketwise. This software streamlined my Immigration practice and enabled me to process more cases in less time. One of the best features, in my opinion, is the ability for my Clients to answer the Online Questionnaires themselves at the comfort of their home or office. Once all of the questions are answered, I receive a notification, and all I need to do is to review the forms and assemble the packets. The Forms that are generated are always up to date, so I do not have to worry for the forms getting sent back due to being outdated. Software works well on the tablet too. Clients (and my staff) love how "user friendly" this software is. Definitely a great value for the money.
ConsSome of the forms are not available yet, but I was assured that the team is constantly working on adding new forms and features.
May 7, 2018
Paul G.
Senior Attorney
March 25, 2019

“This software has changed my law practice! Highly recommended.”

OverallWhile I certainly appreciate the efficiencies that Docketwise provides, I am also very impressed with their Customer Service. I have had 2 issues during the approximately 1 year that I've been using it, and even though their support people were unable to reproduce my issues on their computers, and even though no other users reported the same issues, they spent as much time as necessary to get me back up and running.
ProsDocketwise makes it very easy to gather information from clients and to use that information to prepare most immigration forms. The clients can enter their information at their convenience, and the program notifies me when it is ready for me to review. Docketwise then auto-populates that information into the proper forms, which are then available for me to review and print.
ConsI have nothing bad to say about this software.
March 25, 2019
Ray A.
Attorney / Owner
May 24, 2018

“As a solo practitioner with no paralegal or other staff, this software is a life saver.”

ProsIt saves me so many hours per week that I used to spend inputting information from client questionnaires, and allows me to spend more time actually providing valuable legal advice and guidance to my clients. It is very user friendly and it is actually impressive to my clients that I have such an organized way of gathering information from them and promptly creating the required forms and applications for their case. Another great feature is I never have to worry about using an outdated USCIS form, as that is taken care of automatically. Finally, the monthly cost is fixed and very reasonable.
ConsI honestly cannot think of anything negative about this software, other than having more features than I currently have time to explore!
May 24, 2018
Erick W.
April 11, 2019

“Next Level User Experience and Customer Support”

ProsThe interface is intuitive and pleasant to use. You can also tell it was designed by an immigration lawyer as the questions make good sense legally. Customer support is superb and we receive extremely fast responses to our questions.
ConsIt's great for family-based cases but the full employment immigration features are still being rolled out.
April 11, 2019
Eduard B.
Paralegal
March 19, 2019

“Time Saver”

OverallTime. Time Time. Before using DW, I would focus a lot on the immigration forms prep, constantly referring to clients data. Now, mostly, I can just review and verify the info. New DW3 software looks promising!
ProsSaves me a lot of time when preparing immigration forms. Ease of use for clients, I almost never got a question form client on how to input the info.
ConsSome bug issues, sometimes information input in the questionnaire does not appear on the form, but this is minor and the software has been improving.
March 19, 2019
January 25, 2019

“Extremely satisfied customer!”

OverallThe folks at Docketwise have been extremely responsive to our questions, issues that have arisen, and even suggestions/requests for changes in the software. The training and tech support is unparalleled. We have been deeply satisfied with Docketwise, as it has significantly enhanced our efficiency in serving our clients. Thanks Docketwise!
ProsThe software provides an avenue for efficiency in our immigration work, is extremely affordable, and allows us to collect our client immigration case status information in an extremely accessible form.
ConsInitially, it wasn't as intuitive and user-friendly, but the technical support, training, and updates have more than made up for the initial struggles.
January 25, 2019
Nancy W.
attorney
September 5, 2019

“Saves Time”

OverallIt's been a game changer for me in terms of time. Clients like answering the questionnaire on line. I love the fact I can generate all the forms necessary for submission.
ProsI like the fact that all my forms can be generated from the answers to the questionnaire. The program really saves times. It's easy to use and easy to correct or add information to the forms. When I have a question Docketwise answers it right away.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say.
September 5, 2019
Mohammad Ali S.
July 9, 2019

“Hands down the best solution for a busy immigration practice”

OverallI embraced Docketwise at a time when my caseload was getting hard to manager without a forms software. It was allowed me to grow the volume of cases I can handle. It conveys professionalism to the client and gives me peace of mind that my data is well organized and secure.
ProsThe interface is very user friendly and intuitive. There are lots of cool features that make handling a large volume of cases and ensuring accuracy a lot easier. The customer service is phenomenal.
ConsNot much comes to mind really. Its simple and powerful.
July 9, 2019
Mark N.
April 9, 2019

“Excellent time saving software”

OverallDocketwise has streamlined my practice. It has saved me time and money!
ProsIt allows me to obtain all of the information that I need to complete my clients' cases efficiently and accurately.
ConsCustomization is not something that I need at the moment, but I would like to be able to customize some things in the future.
April 9, 2019
Malathi B.
February 8, 2018

“Love this software. It is so easy to use, not just for me but also for my clients!”

ProsEase of use. Clear, intuitive and GREAT customer support when I've needed it - which is more to make suggestions than because there is a problem.
ConsThis isn't a con, but as this is new software, changes are still being rolled out. So the software doesn't yet have all the forms I need, but I know they are in the pipeline so I for sure can wait for them. In the meantime, my immigration practice runs on Borderwise where form generation is concerned.
February 8, 2018
Joel P.
Partner
Law Practice, 51-200 employees
May 17, 2019

“Dockewise Immigration Software”

OverallI had been looking for a reasonably priced method of getting information from my clients. Docketwise came to the rescue and provided the software to do that. It is a real time saver and a great asset to my practice.
ProsThe Software is highly intuitive. It asks for the right information that is needed to completed the forms. My clients are pleased with this method of getting information to me and I am very satisfied with the product that the software produces when the client provides the information. It produces quality applications and petitions.
ConsMore user support for the software would be helpful.
May 17, 2019
esayas g.
Attorney at law
April 23, 2019

“Intuitive and easy to use”

OverallSo far so good. I like it very much. It is saving me tons of time.
ProsVery intuitive and relatively easy to use. Most importantly, it saves a lot of time.
ConsYou will have to do the tutorial more than once to drill down all the features of the software
April 23, 2019
Elsa B.
March 13, 2018

“I have been very happy with Docketwise software program, it has been a tremendous time saver for me ”

Overallsaves time
ProsI like that I can invite my clients to fill out the questions on line and I am notified when they are completed. Then I can have the information populated onto the USCIS forms and send them to my clients for their review.
ConsIn the beginning I had difficulty using the program because I am not very computer savvy, but rep was always so helpful and was able to answer my questions so I could use Docketwise more efficiently.
March 13, 2018
David D.
Owner & CEO
March 5, 2018

“Crisp interface. Software does a good Job of streamlining my immigration practice”

OverallI like productivity software. Its a time saver that helps get the job done.
ProsThe software is intuitive. Must have been built with a actual practitioner or by one. Great for saving time and moving work along the line.
March 5, 2018
Robert W.
Immigration Lawyer
Legal Services, Self-employed
September 6, 2019

“Great Immigration Product”

OverallThe customer service is second to none. Training is available when you have questions.
ProsThe ease to learn how to use. I tried INS Zoom many years ago and was very disappointed with the complexity it took to learn. Also, my assistant who was tech savvy could not learn the program.
ConsI haven't found any real cons yet. This program can also accommodate Spanish speaking clients which is a big plus.
September 6, 2019
Moises B.
February 20, 2019

“Best Time Saver”

OverallMinimizing typing errors while reducing preparation time.
ProsThis is the best time saver out there. User experience is very easy to use.
ConsI only wish it had full practice management capabilities, because it would make an awesome one stop solution for immigration practice management, but the integration with other practice management solutions is very useful.
February 20, 2019
Christopher B.
Founding Partner/Shareholder
February 13, 2018

“Amazing work! Made immigration petitions so much easier! ”

OverallAble to complete the work faster.
ProsThe easiness of using it. i am able to input information on each client and it is done within minutes.
ConsThe only thing that i can think of is that the company does not have all the forms in terms of business immigration or removal defense, but I am assured that they will be available soon.
February 13, 2018
Sandy Y.
Principal
June 10, 2018

“This is a must-have for every immigration attorney! ”

OverallIt saves me time and helps me track the progress of my cases.
ProsThis software is intuitive and easy-to-use. Clients find the questionnaire very user-friendly. It saves so much time for all the immigration forms.
ConsI am looking forward to trying out the new features such as the status check. I can also see more forms being added to the menu in the future. Perhaps the DS-260 too?
June 10, 2018
Nancy W.
Attorney at Law
February 21, 2018

“Awesome experience.”

OverallCost savings in hours spent in preparing documents. I also like the fact that the forms allow a person to put in complete information because the font size adjusts to what is typed.
ProsI love the fact that it saves me hours of work and that my clients find it easier to fill out the questionnaire and return it to me than when I send them hard copies of questionnaires. Docketwise gives notifications once a client has returned their questionnaires.
February 21, 2018
Igor V.
Attorney at Law
February 19, 2018

“An excellent tool for a busy immigration law office! Makes client intake a lot easier! A+++”

ProsVery comprehensive and dynamic tool! Integrates all the client information into the applications and saves time.
ConsMicrosoft Suite integration not supported at this time. Integration with Microsoft and management software would help.
February 19, 2018
Tiffany F.
April 2, 2019

“Wonderful products and incredible support ”

OverallEverytime I get stuck, the staff of Docketwise has been very helpful in answering my questions right away
ProsI like that is so easy to maneuver and use.
ConsComprehensive e-filing would be very beneficial!
April 2, 2019
Bailey F.
attorney
March 2, 2018

“love this easy forms program!”

Overallless headache, don't need to check each space because forms are automatically populated.
ProsEase of use, availability of training, reasonable price. bundles of forms that are filed together. the math calculation for i-864.
Consnot enough bells and whistles. need more form bundles. needs printable client questionaires for those clients who do not have an email visa.
March 2, 2018