CanvasJS Charts Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.6/5
4.6/5

About CanvasJS Charts

CanvasJS Charts is an HTML5 Charting library that runs across devices and browsers and has 10x Performance Compared to traditional SVG charting Libraries. This allows you to create rich dashboards that work across devices without compromising on maintainability or functionality of your web application. Learn more about CanvasJS Charts

Sang N.
April 26, 2018

“The chart has been working great so far. There are a few minor issues, but insignificant. ”

OverallThis software is the missing piece in the design for my portfolio website. I used the column and pie charts to dynamically display my skills to the potential employers. This tool is great to use, but if only you know how to configure the chart to fit well within your design. Fortunately, CanvasJS provides users with rich documentations along with a great forum on their website. In the future, I will recommend my colleagues or my clients if they want to add some animated charts to make their websites more dynamic and lively. Thank you CanvasJS for such a great product. I will make a purchase for a full license once I got a job in my future career.
ProsThis tool offers me and the users a great experience with stunning animation and interactivity. Additionally, the chart responds really well with different screen resolutions except for high resolution monitors (1920px and above).
ConsSo far, there has not been any issue with this software. However, it would be better if the chart can display well on large monitors such as 4k screens or high resolution desktop screens. The chart does not scale really well on large size or high resolution screens. On the high resolution screen (1920px and above), the chart displays the same as when it is on 1360px resolution. My recommendation is to make the y-axis spans wider, the column becomes larger and higher, or the pie chart becomes larger to fit well with the whole design. Also, the developer teams should add some theme options to the chart. As for now, there are only 4 options for me to choose from. I am not sure if that is because of the limit of my software (I am using non-commercial version of the software), or I will get some more themes as I upgraded my version to commercial. Anyway, those are a just some minor issues; and they did not have many significant effects on my website. I just feel that it would be better if the chart can scale well to fit with other parts of the website. Thank you CanvasJS .
Leon C.
Manager: Contact Center Systems And Support
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self-employed
September 5, 2018

“CanvasJS Trail Evaluation”

OverallCanvasJS Charts in my opinion, is probably one for the best charting solutions out there. They offer a variety of charts, giving the best possible view for your data. Once the charts are up and running and you have a understanding of the charts, it becomes a lot easier to manage and to achieve your desired outcome. I also appreciate the fact that consideration is taken for personal use, and that one isn't loaded with a hefty price tag when using the graphs for personal use.
ProsThe charts are very clean and crisp. Large variety of charts allowing you to find the perfect chart for what you are presenting. Filtering on charts give them a "Live" and Dynamic feel even if you are displaying static data. Quick response to queries.
ConsInitially the charts are not the easiest to get up and running, making it difficult to evaluate effectively, however this could possibly also be due to my level of experience. The support team seems reluctant to assist you if you are a trail user, which is understandable as they need to make a profit, that said it does restrict you in properly evaluating the software.
September 5, 2018
Pauline G.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Great Charting Tool”

ProsIts very customizable to our product needs. Great documentation which is extremely helpful. Fast Quality customer support when we have any issues.
ConsNo complaints right now. It does what we want and customer support is fast.
Ian B.
COO
Online Media, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Simple and Affordable ”

OverallLike the title says, the software is simple to integrate and very affordable for all it offers.
ProsThe integration is simple and the price is perfect for what is offered. Multiple charts and graphs to choose from and they always are keeping updated and adding more features and functionality.
ConsThere really is nothing we dislike. Have been using it for years and never had any issues.
May 21, 2019
Nate R.
Master SCUBA Diver
Entertainment, Self-employed
July 4, 2019

“Excellent charts”

OverallAgain these charts are second to none. This has worked well for a logging output I created and I love it
ProsThese charts are so easy to use and have a beautiful display. The multitude of uses and styles make this the perfect charting software in the world. There's really nothing better.
ConsNothing other than when browsers updated it partially broke but it's not the fault of CanvasJS.
July 4, 2019
Allen C.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self-employed
June 2, 2019

“Exceptional Performance”

ProsThe capability to handle MASSIVE data is simply amazing. I tried to use Chart.js for my project but it was having a hard time handling just over 120 data points. Then I switched to CanvasJS, and although it took a bit of work for me to re-wire all the connections and format the data, the work paid off well - CanvasJS can handle more than 20,000 with such ease! I am just impressed deeply and determined to go further with it.
ConsThe time / date support for the library is rather limited. Chart.js supports all data formats from moment.js (I guess that's also why its performance is sacrificed?), so I would really like to see CanvasJS provides more time/date support.
June 2, 2019
Sandeep H.
Head of Growth & Engagement
Internet, 11-50 employees
March 2, 2018

“Super Fast Data Visualization Library”

OverallDashboards using CanvasJS
ProsIt works with millions of data points with a breeze. Our dashboards were super fast and never crashed. That's the advantage of using HTML Canvas over traditions SVG charts.
March 2, 2018
Dileep Kumar K.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 10, 2019

“Amazing capabilities with good documentation”

ProsDocumentation. Out of the box funcationality
ConsMissing free version with attribution link
September 10, 2019
Bhavya s.
apllication support engineer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
August 21, 2019

“woderful tool”

Proseasy to customised and can be integrated easily in your application of all type
ConsThe number of dynamics graphs are very few
August 21, 2019
Khanh L.
Developer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
June 3, 2019

“Best chart library ever forever”

ProsCanvasJS give Charts are providing the variety of graph types, which help customers who can be developers/business people/UI-UX designer easily accommodate and demonstrate the data. The other thing is it provides many options for flexible customization. To sum up, it is worth for what we pay.
ConsSeveral graph options/behaviours need to be added and I also create the question in forum.
zakaria r.
principal software engineering
Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

“best graph ever”

OverallI have used in my project its just work perfect
Proseasy to work and good UX also I have used in my project its just work perfect
ConsUI is perfect and i used well it work almost in any programing language, i just like it
Program Development, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2019

“Great Value!”

OverallWhen I began looking for a platform to use for our charting, I did not even imagine some of the capabilities that CanvasJS provides us. Their customer service has also been great, and they have answered all of my questions quickly and accurately.
ProsI was so excited to find CanvasJS. Their platform helped me to create a dashboard that draws our potential customers in right from the beginning. With functionality like tooltips when hovering over an item, our clients really get a good view of what their data means.
ConsI have been extremely satisfied using this product. I can't think of anything I have been dissatisfied with.
March 28, 2019
Education Management, Self-employed
March 10, 2019

“Student Supports”

ProsCanvasJS provide any charts students need. As a student majoring in computer science who is currently working on a project in developing / learning AI, it is a huge help. Using CanvasJS, it helps me a lot to represent the data in diagram/chart in real-time. I can easily integrate it with web-base programming which make it even more useful. CanvasJS also gives free license to students, which save me from paying stuffs for only my university project.
ConsAs far as i know, i have nothing to argue since i enjoyed using CanvasJS. But, if i may suggest, i would prefer to switch the type of code (e.g. between javascript and react) side by side. I don't need to navigate to integration then select the type of code i want to select and finally look for the chart again.
March 10, 2019
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1000 employees
May 30, 2018

“I am a developer it's easy to implement on my site ”

ProsData binding process is very simple and very easy There have loasts of type of chart that helpful for user
ConsThere need to be some extra options for styles like fonts and visibility css change on options that very helpful for designer also
May 30, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
April 17, 2019

“Searched for days..”

OverallIt was the best looking easiest to use library I could find. It fulfilled the need I had for the website I was working on, making my life A LOT easier.
Pros- Ease of customization - Easy to install - Very well documented - Looks better than most - Quick customer service
ConsI have used it for over a week now, and haven't ran into much. My one thing I wish was available, would be the ability to put padding between a column chart label and the chart itself, and to possible be able to center the text under it. But that's just personal preference for a project I am working on.
April 17, 2019
Manjunath H.
Trustee
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2018

“Very easy to visualize data”

ProsWe are a non profit organization. It was very easy to build dashboards with CanvasJS charting library.
ConsThere are several readily available dashboard codes available. Suggest to add more features to dashboards.
September 4, 2018
Internet, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Reviewing of Canvas”

ProsThe easy way of implement a new graph. The models are really easy and explain all functionalitys.
ConsI implemented a lot of graphs and I didn't find anny dificulty.
April 8, 2019
Benoit D.
engineer
Renewables & Environment, Self-employed
January 6, 2019

“Easy chart”

ProsI used D3 in the past and I admit it, I spent days trying to create a good looking chart. The data were never in a good format, line were crossing over the other ones... Creating chart with CanvasJS is as easy as creating a JSON and send it it. Your chart will create themselves. The numbers of options on those chart are pretty amazing too, changing background color, cursor, datetime format, vertical and horizontal lines, ...
Consnothing yet ! I really do not think of one to write down
January 6, 2019
Matheus B.

“Easy to use”

ProsIf you need something really simple and easy to use, that's the framework that you are looking for. CanvasJS allows me to create multiple types of Graphs and some really cool features.
ConsIt is easy to implement the graph, but it is not so easy to implement some other functionalities.
Manoj M.
March 6, 2018

“Best JavaScript Charting Library for Visualization”

Pros-Responsive Charts that can render across devices like iPhone/iPad, Android, Desktops, etc. -High Performance Charts -30 Different Types of Charts -Power-Packed Features like Multiseries, Multiple axes, Crosshair, Tooltip, Events, etc -Supports light and dark themes also supports custom colors -More customization options -Good Commercial Pricing
Cons-Gauges, Treemaps are missing -More customization options for axis like control over label, tick, grid can be separated.
March 6, 2018
Farming, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2019

“great for developers”

ProsFriendlier and more interactive for ease of use. It is easy to integrate functionality with array and dictionaries.
ConsWe would like to be able to manipulate the graphs more for the use of backgrounds and branding as an OEM.
April 23, 2019
Security and Investigations, 10,001+ employees
March 30, 2019

“More features with higher quility”

OverallOverall we picked this library against Dev Express because of performance on big charts. We still use DevExpress for other features, but this lib is good for plots
ProsI like box plots and performance of the plots
ConsLegend and other small things with series could be buggy. But these issues are not critical. We can see many errors in the browser error console.
March 30, 2019
Craig H.
Director/Developer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallBeing able to view data in an easy to read chart has made a big difference.
ProsVery easy to use and integrate. The charts are displayed easily and look very professional.
ConsThe initial cost was a little scary for a startup business.
June 8, 2019
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
April 11, 2019

“Love it ”

ProsIt is easy to use. We can change a lot of features by move finger to change from "true" to "false"
ConsThe only reason I could not love it is expensive, but it supports students to do projects,so it is great deal!
April 11, 2019
Adi P.
IT Programmer
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 24, 2018

“CanvasJS is very easy to use to create a chart with a beautiful view and powerful.”

Overallthe data representation is easy to read so my website is very powerful the value of my website can be more valuable in the eyes of the user
Prosvery fast rendering speed 1. how to make it very easy to understand 2. look beautiful and smooth 3. available many models of charts 4. support many browsers and can run on android native
Consthe price is a bit expensive but actually it does not matter because more benefitnya if we use CanvasJS
Antonio T.
Programmer
February 26, 2019

“Best Charts”

ProsIt's easy to configure and it's very complete. It's really responsive compared to other graphs. It's best solution!
ConsAt the moment I didn't find any anomaly or flaws.
February 26, 2019
William Z.
Programador web e mobile
May 24, 2018

“I'm using in a personal dashboard and also to build a dashboard for our CEO, showing the company sta”

OverallThis is a great tool to display with eficiecy our data to our CEO. It's a great javascript library and I realy recomend it.
ProsIt have a lot of funcionalities and customizations to do. There is a lot a things to do and it solve a lot of problems.
ConsIt miss some charts like the Gauge chart, for example. Charts could be more beautifull and docs should be more organized and with more examples too.
Obaid A.
Technical Support Engineer
April 26, 2018

“Abel to create sophisticated charts for learning”

OverallData visualizations
ProsThe chart is given to you with preset data, which allows you to change the values. I prefer this, then having to create bar charts, out from scratch. This really helps the overall flow of the project.
ConsI would have to say, the F&Q page. to learn how to use Csv with canvas charts. Another issue would be the trial version logo. Thank you for removing it
Alishba k.
student
April 28, 2019

“Canvasjs Charting library”

Overallevery easy and simple to implement
Prosits a ease of use is the best thing about it .
Consnothing , its responsive, simple to use :with lots of options to format it.
April 28, 2019
Utsav B.
UB Games Company
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
January 26, 2019

“Completely Reliable”

OverallOverall a good and reliable thing to start working with.
ProsEasy to Integrate Easy to Update Simple yet Smart Interface
ConsWatermark Complex Code Reuseablity Lesser Animation
January 26, 2019
Bruce Elbert B.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
June 13, 2019

“High Quality Javascript charts”

ProsIt is very easy to implement CanvasJS charts in your javascript project. They are very beautiful and have very neat subtle animations
ConsI can't think of anything I dislike about CanvasJS charts
June 13, 2019
luis g.
Developer
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Is so much expensive for developer commercial propouse”

OverallIt's so easy
ProsIs so much expensive for developer commercial propouse
ConsThe fast implement time in a web page online
June 4, 2019
Pulkit P.
Entrepreneur
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Plugin ”

ProsPretty Impressive plugin and i love it very much.
ConsWish it was free to use. I would like a free version of it.
Primary/Secondary Education, Self-employed
April 22, 2019

“CanvasJs: The goto option for charts in web world”

ProsThe ease with which we can create charts by merely changing the inputs given to the function. The entire code is nicely encapsulated and there are very fewer things that are to be explicitly mentioned. And the code is highly customizable.
ConsThe documentation for passing of certain datatypes and arrays.
April 22, 2019
Christoffer A.
Firstline support
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
June 25, 2018

“Easy to get starter with”

OverallMuch easier graphs than other suppliers
ProsMany to choose from, easy to learn. Very detailed FAQ and forum to get started. Somewhat friendly users who points you in right direction.
ConsMore vertical charts, maybe with bubbles. Other than that i have no more cons go submit at this point of time, as said above, very easy to get going with.
June 25, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 25, 2018

“the best graph and chart library you can use in your life ”

Overallusing it in my project it's solved all my problem thanks to CANAVASJS
Prosit's easy to use and easy to attach to your project and also the support you till you solve all your problems.
Consthis software is really good and easy to use if you wanna solve ur chart issue, u have just buy and use they will help you till to be satisfied
April 25, 2018
Education Management, 501-1000 employees

“Simple awesome”

OverallAwesome
ProsImplementation is easy fast,and reliable
Conscannot understand how to tweek few things
Y ravindra K.
Freelancer
April 14, 2018

“Easy to use charting library nice experience”

OverallSimple library for creating dash boards
ProsChart are highly customizable, requires less coding to create a chart.Best part is there support system I got resolved my querry within few minutes
ConsLack few chart types like network chart sparkline chart and technical indicators adding these will be highly helpful
April 14, 2018
Steve H.
Internet, 1-10 employees
April 13, 2018

“I've paid and they won't deliver”

OverallIf they would deliver the software I paid for I think it would work well, but taking my money and not delivering the product gets 1 stars everywhere.
ProsThe trial version made nice charts. IT seemed like a good fit for our project but the customer service has been zero help.
ConsThey won't give me my license. Nowhere in the ordering process did they say that delivery would be delayed. It has been over 24 hours and I'm still waiting.

By Fenopix Technologies on October 17, 2018
Dear Steve, We sincerely apologize that you had to face delays in accessing the product. The scenario was not in our hand. The ordering system is completely automated and you get access once your payment is confirmed. In your case unfortunately your order was on-hold by payment gateway's fraud check algorithms. It was one of the rare occurrences. We did respond back to you and provided manual access to CanvasJS commercial version. We are also in process of changing current payment gateway so that others users never have to face such issue. We would request you to reconsider your review, keeping in mind about all the CanvasJS features and not just this indecent. - Team CanvasJS
April 13, 2018
Cristian G.
developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 14, 2019

“CanvasJs Review”

Overallamazing software will recommend.
ProsThe Library is so fast to implement that you are able to focus on the other things needed to implement on your project.
ConsNot really a bad thing but if I had to pick something I guess it would be that its not open source.
August 14, 2019
George V.
Promoter of Art and Education
Research, Self-employed
December 17, 2018

“Great Tool For ”

OverallWhat I am creating are webpage mock-up with intergrated charts, this to show that I can implement data analysis within a webdevelopment invironment.
ProsCanvas.Js is a vital chart tool for any web anaylist developer It has support for Javascript, Angular, just to name a few. It has support for back end, what I like about CanvasJs Charts is it's flexablilty, I would highly recommend this. there are ways to intergrate the charts with {Excel} ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-core-concepts)
Consthe pricing can be slighty /high/ for personal use however there are many code snippet that you can use.
December 17, 2018
Jakub K.
April 11, 2018

“Overall a pleasant experience and fairly intuitive features. Also, great aesthetics.”

OverallHelped me with analyzing data from an experiment
ProsIt has a lot of simple-to-use features that made it much easier to build an app using interactive plots than if I were to use another library or write everything from scratch. It also has plenty of aesthetic options (like colored crosshairs) that might sound like a minor point, but color-coding can be devilishly helpful in some cases. Also, it's free for education-related projects.
ConsSome features that could be useful are either missing or not so simple to find in the docs. For example I found the callback system to be somewhat unintuitive and had to, in the end, write my own functions to process clicks.
April 11, 2018
Online Media, Self-employed
April 26, 2019

“Excellent and versatile charts”

ProsCan display charts for every type of weather data that I need to display Easy to use even with limited JavaScript knowledge Lots of examples in the documentation
ConsHave to teach yourself a little JavaScript if you don't know it st all
April 26, 2019
Bilal M.
PHP DEVELOPER
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“Excellent”

Overallsales data showing line chart (i don't need to go to the sales report) etc
ProsAnimation documentation every chart type existing
Consanimation tooltips formating method and properties
September 18, 2019
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
July 2, 2019

“Canvas.js has great compatibility”

ProsI love that Canvas.js is able to work seemlessly with React and other frameworks. I also enjoy the out-of-box charting options provided.
ConsI haven't found anything with Canvas.js that I dislike so far.
July 2, 2019
Benjamin G.
Web Developer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Fast and Easy Charts”

OverallI have used it to visualize data on pages where I have tabular data. A graph is so much easier to look at than a table.
ProsI love how you can get started quickly as there are lots of code samples available and if you want to customize, you can easily delve into the documentation to make tweaks.
ConsIt could be made prettier by default. And without access to CSS, it is difficult for a designer to be able to tweak the design.
Hammad Alam K.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
January 11, 2019

“Easy to work with”

ProsI wanted to plot large data, canvas.js came up as the main option in google. I quickly jumped on the example and in matter of hours, I could plot my data with ease which I thought twould take days. The dataset object feature is really handy which contains all your data in an array.
ConsThey don't limited Free license but a trial only
January 11, 2019
Pallavi B.
Process Engineer
March 20, 2018

“Beautiful charting library”

ProsIt has several chart type and you can use different type of representations depending on your requirements
ConsIt lacks gauge chart. Being in Oil & Energy industry it would have been good to have it. Other that everything else is good.
March 20, 2018
Arjun S.
April 30, 2018

“I used CanvasJS for an academic project, mainly for displaying data analytics with quiz results.”

ProsReally easy to use, vast variety of graphs to select from. The documentation was easy to read and follow which sped up the development process of our analytics portion of our project.
ConsThe confirmation to use the product from the organization took a little too long as we were pressed for time. It would be better to speed up the process for approving an academic license.
April 30, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Excelent solution”

ProsEasy to use and fully documentation about customization and use product, live samples help a lot.
ConsThe product does not have documentation in Portuguese. other than that it has no problem
September 5, 2019