Katana Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5

About Katana

Katana is the #1 modern manufacturing & inventory software for scaling businesses. Automate your workflows with Katana's visual interface and smart auto-booking engine, which allow you to prioritize orders and see the availability of raw materials & finished goods in real-time. Easily create bills of materials for your products and their variants, gain multichannel inventory visibility and floor-level control. Seamless integrations with Shopify, WooCommerce, QuickBooks and more. Learn more about Katana

ELLOWYN I.
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
September 6, 2019

“Great choice for small manufacturer”

OverallI tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.
ProsVery simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming
ConsThe upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

Chris P.
Manufacturing Manager
Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2019

“Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers”

OverallKatana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.
ProsI love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.
ConsThere are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!
Shawn L.
Owner/ Head of Operations
Food Production, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2019

“Inventory and Sales Simplified”

OverallExcellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.
ProsI love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.
ConsWhen creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!
Kyle K.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“Streamline Any Business With KATANA”

OverallThe customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.
ProsThe ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it
ConsThere is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Lucille S.
Co-Founder
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“A must for any manufacturing startup”

OverallKatana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.
ProsIntuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.
ConsWe don't like the per-user pricing model.

By Katana MRP on September 30, 2019
Thank you for showing the love!
Alexander A.
Head of Technology & Logistics
Printing, 1-10 employees
September 9, 2019

“Perfect choice for small manufacturing company”

OverallWe are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.
Pros+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.
Cons- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!
Alejandro R.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2019

“The software we've been searching for!”

OverallKatana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.
ProsEasy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.
ConsWould like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

By Katana MRP on October 10, 2019
October 9, 2019
Gaz R.
Co-Founder
June 28, 2018

“I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it”

OverallI can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.
ProsIt answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.
ConsWhere there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you Gaz for all the support!
June 28, 2018
Laszlo G.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2019

“User friendly inventory and manufacturing management solution for small companies”

ProsThe best thing about Katana is that you can follow the whole process of manufacturing. We have tried many similar softwares but they usually lack some crucial components in the manufacturing pipeline. The user interface is extremely easy to use, and their customer support is extraordinary, too.
ConsIt is quite costly, but it is definitely worth the price.

By Katana MRP on September 16, 2019
Thank you for the kind feedback! We always try to provide more value for money and Katana's features keep evolving in time to make an even better impact on your manufacturing and inventory operations.
September 13, 2019
Christopher B.
Machinery, Self-employed
September 9, 2019

“Katana is Such a Relief”

OverallOver the last eight years, I have used a series of inventory programs for my small manufacturing and sales business. It takes a lot to migrate to a new platform and each move was an improvement. But Katana, finally, is exactly what I need. Intuitive, no bells and whistles I don't need, one of my best assets! And the support has been knowledgeable, personable, and available!!
ProsStructures me into best practices with a logical and functional setup. Integrates well with both Shopify and Quickbooks.
ConsI was initially challenged by the new sytem's learning curve.

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Thank you for the reviews and happy to hear we have grown together!
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“Loving it so far”

OverallIt's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.
ProsI am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!
ConsIt's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

By Katana MRP on October 1, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.
September 30, 2019
Tim W.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2019

“Sell what you make”

OverallHelps us manage our complicated manufacturing and synch into Shopify to easily manage order fulfilment.
ProsGood setup for small manufacturers who sell what they make on Shopify. Easy to use and they are always improving functionality. Great support.
ConsPoor batch controls at first but they have addressed that mostly.

By Katana MRP on October 1, 2019
Thank you for the feedback! Regarding the batch controls - it's coming very soon!
September 26, 2019
Henri H.
Non Executive Director
Sports, Unspecified
March 20, 2018

“Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall”

OverallSupper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop
ProsVery User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's
ConsFeature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!
Roberto Maurizio P.
Founder & Creative Director
June 26, 2018

“Katana Mrp is an excellent platform for managing our company warehouse.”

OverallThanks to Katana I can always manage the materials and products of my warehouse in the best way and keep the purchases and sales under control.
Pros It is easy to learn and to use and in case of need the support is always ready to solve any problem. Absolutely recommended.
ConsIt is a young project and therefore some features are to be implemented, but there are no shortcomings that make the platform unusable.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you for taking the journey to grow together! Thanks for sharing your experience!
June 26, 2018
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
February 11, 2019

“Every small manufacturer should give it a try!”

OverallKatana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!
ProsThe features that I really like about KATANA: -A good inventory control -Visual production schedule -Automated re-order points -Great customer support
ConsI can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!
February 11, 2019
11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“Great piece of software, perfect for small-medium size businesses actually producing stuff”

Overalllot of time saved, and organizational headaches removed
ProsThe team provides awesome support, listens to feedback and act on it fast + the interface is clean and easy to use
ConsSome features are still missing but are due to be released in the coming weeks. But even as it is right now it's already above other offerings.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback and journey with Katana!
March 13, 2018
Sara N.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 8, 2019

“Wish we had discovered Katana sooner!”

OverallGreat for stock and inventory management, we are not running out of things now that everything is logged into Katana.
ProsIt has helped our business dramatically with speed and efficiency, increasing workflow.
ConsThat you have to pay extra to add more users.

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Sara, thank you for the great feedback!
September 8, 2019
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
September 6, 2019

“helps you keep your business ahead of the game”

OverallIt has taken burden away for me that i didn't even realize i had. My confidence in succeeding is high instead of low
ProsI am shocked at how easy this software was to setup and use, It has been a blessing for taking care of inventory which i was my biggest headache.
ConsI'm a little slow with technology, so it took me a little longer than most to get the hang of despite it's ease of use.

By Katana MRP on September 10, 2019
Thank you a lot and glad to see you have benefitted from our easy onboarding!
Fergus M.
Roaster
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Fantasic”

Overallexcellent
Proseasy to use sync great with all my apps very helpful customer support
Consprice increase some minor issues with woocommerce

By Katana MRP on October 1, 2019
Thank you for the fantastic feedback!
September 25, 2019
Steve C.
Plastics, 1-10 employees

“Small business production”

OverallVery helpful customer service. Could use more features, which I'm told are in development.
ProsHelps organise inventory, BOM and production.
ConsDon't not have enough integration options.

By Katana MRP on September 30, 2019
Thank you for the support!
Retail, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“I dont understand all the great reviews”

ProsThe interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.
ConsThis software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

By Katana MRP on September 30, 2019
As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!
ARTURO G.
MR
March 14, 2018

“Katana ERP is one easy way to go to help with supply chain issues and also, an affordable option!”

OverallSave time on supply chain management
ProsThe ease of use, the cloud service, the different areas and stuff I can work with related to my supply chain needs (such as the manufacture and supply modules) and the client support
ConsCurrent lack of export Excel documents and that we can't mass modify elements. I think that also, Quickbooks will be a nice integration and that spanish language may be handy, in the future.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you for growing with us!
March 14, 2018

August 23, 2018
Jen C.
N/A
March 20, 2018

“Katana MRP is enabling us to manage inventory and the manufacturing process more successfully. ”

ProsKatana MRP is very user friendly - the visual appearance and layout make it easy to navigate and the Knowledge Base provides clear explanations and help. Customer rep and his team are very responsive to our needs and questions.
ConsOnly being able to use a single currency is difficult for us, as we really need to use GBP, USD and Euros.

By Katana MRP on September 9, 2019
Thank you for the honest feedback!