EngagePHD Ratings

Overall

About EngagePHD

Cloud-based digital signage CMS that allows you to build, deploy and manage content on your digital signage network. With over 25,000+ global endpoints, EngagePHD is trusted by hundreds of recognizable brands and is used in almost all industry verticals and applications. - Video Walls - Way Finding - Digital Menu Boards - Reader boards - Interactive Signage Learn more about EngagePHD

Jeff B.
AV Prodcution Supervisor
Entertainment, 51-200 employees

“Title your review”

ProsWhat I like about the engage software is the cloud based. It's user friendly enough to be able to pass onto our marketing team so they can add and schedule their own content. The price point is right on key and ordinarily the support team is right there to fix an issue when a ticket is submitted.
ConsThere are numerous functionality glitches that can be frustrating at times. If we have content that expires I would like to be able to just delete the asset and have it removed from all playlists, instead you have to go to each playlist and remove the asset and then delete. I wish there was a way you could load in one piece of content then assign multiple show dates. We have night where there may be a beer special, instead of loading up the playlist with 8 seperate instances it would be nice to be able to add mulitple date parameters. Also when editing an asset and in folder view, if you go in and change the date of that asset instead of returning you to that folder view it kicks you all the way back out to the root. Lastly, I wish there would be some sort of email sent out when you have to reauthenticate to Engage. This unforutnately happened during an event when something needed to be changed ASAP and I did not receive any confirmation email to be able to log in. The saying goes, time is money, and these cons definitely do not make the software very time efficient.
James E.
Concessions Manager
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
September 12, 2018

“Football Stadium Digital Screens made by a Beginner!”

OverallPrior to having access to EngagePHD, I would have to go around to every screen in my stadium and take down printed menus, put up new ones for different prices levels/events. Now, after installing digital menu boards, which I also purchased through Ping, I am able to, almost instantly, update all of my screens from a desktop computer. There project management team and design team are fantastic to work with as well. Thank you Ping!
ProsEase of use Quality of images Constant support from company I am by no means a graphic designer, but with a large amount of menu changes for events, EngagePHD makes me feel like I am one! Thank you!
ConsWhile this is not a "con", because I haven't found any yet, I just wish there was a smart phone app, because the desktop website is a little difficult to navigate from my phone. It can be done however, as I've stood in front of a screen and updated it from my phone.
September 12, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
September 11, 2018

“The Best By Far on the Market!”

OverallI have several hundred screens deployed in almost 75 locations and I can manage them in 15 minutes a week. I can set up groups and deploy different content to different stores with a click of a mouse
ProsThe simple fact that you can control multiple locations from a cloud based system makes my life easy. The designer is simple to operate. Scheduling content is a breeze! You can even schedule assets to expire so you never need to manually remove content.
ConsCons are hard to find, but the fact that they do not use simple fonts, and you need to set up "Styles" can be a pain
Steve T.
Infrastructure Manager
September 11, 2018

“PingHD for Convention Center”

OverallPingHD are very responsive to my questions and respond quickly to tickets. They have a small dedicated team who care about their software and about their clients. The software is reliable, the responsive design allows us to access the software quickly and easily from any device (computer, phone, tablet etc.). Overall very happy with PingHD and the service they provide.
ProsCustomer service and support has been outstanding. PingHD are responsive to questions and issues, they stand behind their product and if there is an issue, they make it right. Integration with our room booking software - all events are downloaded into PingHD and displayed on digital signs automatically. Templates can be updated / changed easily by non-technical staff. Changes can be made from either a computer or smartphone. Tight integration with SOC (software on chip) screens enables us to schedule on/off times, receive network and temperature info for each screen and alert us to any offline players. Hardware purchase is cost effective as we don't need an external media player, a big step forward compared to many other signage platforms.
ConsSoftware could be more intuitive, however, after using the software on a regular basis this issue is trivial.
Dave R.
VP Technology
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2018

“From the point of view of a channel partner”

OverallOverall, I think this is a great solution with significant potential. It fits nicely with clients who need more than just a single Brightsign player but who aren't quite ready for a full-blown on-prem Scala deployment. Our clients love the product. Keep up the great work.
ProsThere are lots of software platforms out there that do essentially the same thing as Engage. I was impressed most by the people. The support team was very approachable and personable and has been a great help in working out odd client requests and supporting the customization requests of our clients.
ConsThe layout screen doesn't seem to scale well depending on which browser you use. Also, in the layout screen, it can be difficult sometimes to determine where you have to click to grab objects. When navigating a client's "site", I often find myself having to go back out to the master tenant list and then navigating back to where I need to be. The icons on navigation bar that appears in the upper right aren't overly intuitive and I usually have to hover over buttons to figure out which one I want. Overall, I think the UI could use some polish but I understand that that's no small task.
Ricardo G.
Store Systems Manager
Supermarkets, 5001-10,000 employees

“PingHD Review”

OverallPingHD's dev team worked with us to integrate our POS system. They are also constantly releasing features and enhancements as well as fixes. Our company did over 400 TVs in a few weeks without any major problems.
ProsPingHD has incredible customer service. We love working with them. Our digital menu solution has worked very well since implementation. The way PingHD integrates with Tizen (Samsung) based screens and how it handles the screen assignment makes it extremely easy to deploy.
ConsThe web interface designer needs some work. It claims it is WYSIWYG but it's not. The design on the screen may look different from the preview on the browser.
Christine H.
Customer Account Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2018

“Engage PHD / Front Counter Screens ”

OverallIt has helped tremendously with posting schedules and displaying photos and video for customers to watch when they are waiting in line to check-in for their flights. There is a lot more that we can do with it, and I'm hoping to utilize it more very soon. A great way to display what we offer.
ProsThe ability to show photos and schedules to customers at our counter. To display what we offer in a tasteful format.
ConsIt seems that I (the average human using electronics) need a significant amount of help when editing photos and videos. It's not the most user friendly, but then again - I could probably learn more about how to use it!
September 13, 2018
Andrew J.
Director of I.T
Retail, 51-200 employees
September 14, 2018

“Great service and support!”

OverallPingHD has helped us have amazing digital signage that is easy to update and administer. Their support is out of this world and they are always fast to help with any problem.
ProsWorking with PingHD is very simple, they are fast to get screens up and installed and ready for use. They also built a video wall that looks great and is also easy to manage.
ConsSometimes I wish they software was easier to navigate to do quick tasks
Jorge S.
Digital Marketing
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
September 21, 2018

“Overall a worthy investment ”

OverallOverall satisfied with the product. While the software needs time to get us to, once you understand it, it's easy navigate, though there are a couple of extra step that are needed in order to accomplish creative flexibility.
ProsThe ability to control multiple boards within one design
ConsInability to turn on and turn off softwares from a website. Must be done physically in front of the monitor.
September 21, 2018
Warehousing, 501-1000 employees
September 11, 2018

“Love this product and it's easy to use”

OverallEffective communication in real time with Team Members.
ProsOnce we had templates in place, we've been able to communicate all kinds of information to our Team Members in an organized, professional manner. The Customer Support Team is very quick to respond to my questions/issues. It seems I'm always trying to get things done quickly and they ALWAYS have the solution I need.
ConsWe had some difficulty with running "movies" and wish there was a live feed we could use without having some kind of browser.
Keri R.
Customer Experience Mgr
Supermarkets, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Perfect for small town business”

ProsIt was an easy setup and install process, even for a small business. We have the ability to change and adapt to new trends very quickly and easily. Looks updated and fresh, exactly what we were looking for.
ConsIt was a little hard to get started with the graphics since we don't host a designer in house. But the team was willing to spend a little more time with us to make it work. A little glitch when the new version rolled out but it was fixed quickly.
November 13, 2018
Sevan S.
Assistant manager
Alternative Medicine, 201-500 employees
September 15, 2018

“Helpful digital signage software ”

OverallCan't complain too much about the software it's a good solution for digital signage
ProsI like how easy it is to add or remove products from the menu
ConsThe formatting and lack of maximum characters to fit in allotted spaces can be annoying. Sometimes it won't show an error online that will be awry on the menus
September 15, 2018
Juan A.
Hospitality manager

“Good quality”

OverallWe did have some issues concern loading, Change information, update , all issues was fixing and back to run business.
ProsI do like the easy way to do what we need, also very good help and customers service.
ConsThe different way to access and decide letters from, background colors , design.
Zach B.
IT Analyst
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Great Signage Platform”

OverallWe use the menus at all store locations across multiple states and it looks great and I really like having a single sign on for all.
ProsVery easy to use and configure. I was able to figure it out without being taught and that was my favorite part.
ConsNo complaints, I haven't had any problems.
Eric L.
Event Audiovisual Engineer
September 11, 2018

“EngagePHD is a great solution for our Digital Signage needs ”

OverallThe salesman and staff are great to work with. I get great support from their technical support crew.
ProsEase of use for everyday user. Great customer support. Build your own screen layouts. You have full control of what you want things to look like.
ConsNo real time display monitoring. You can see a screen shot of what the display looks like taken every few min, but not a real time stream or consistent screenshot of the player itself.

“Great Quality”

ProsI love how simple it is to learn this software. After just a quick training session and a few days of messing around in the system, I feel like I am a pro.
ConsI am personally not a big fan of the way the help articles are set up. I believe it would be easier to just have one search feature rather than clicking link after link to find the help that I want, especially if it is a simple solution.
Justin B.
Director Of Casino Operations
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
September 18, 2018

“Great platform! Very easy to use ”

ProsVery easy to use! Customer service is always very prompt and responsive.
ConsLicensing fee is a little pricey but you get what you pay for
Daisy H.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
September 17, 2018

“EngagePHD Sells for you!”

OverallEngagePHD is easy to work with and offers many options for best featuring your products. The very best customer care and fast response time. It's a fairly robust system, so having someone dedicated to really uncovering all the assets and setting up your layout is key.
ProsEasy to use software with Real-time updates. I love the display options and they offer excellent support whenever I need assistance- any day of the week.
ConsThere is a lot to know on the back end to use the full functionality, just wish I had more time to allocate to creating!
Mahath M.
Junior Banquet Floor Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Glitches ”

OverallThere are so many benefits mostly advertisement; it explores us more opportunity to do a better advertisement and make more profit out of it. Apart from the workspace stability this is a good application and I am sure that you guys can do better to improve the customer experience . Thanks
ProsThis is the first time using an application like this and I like the whole thing works.
ConsThis could be far better. - the layout workspace is limited. every time you have to adjust zoom in and zoom out to see what we have done. if you zoom out the whole menu go smaller for resolving this it should have zoom out option just for the workspace display and the side menu bar stay the same size. - When you do a preview of the layout you have to zoom out the browser otherwise you won't be able to see it or you can scroll down. - the style options , if you change one style and it automatically changes all layout font just because of that. -you cannot add multiple layouts and assign one from that to the screen. we always have to delete the old layouts and add just the current one to display it on the screen. -sometimes the screen save the old layouts and show up with the new one. It takes three or four restarts to fix. - the allignment never matches with the computer and screen. It takes a lot of time and effort to do it. -sometimes when you click a layer and it stick with the mouse; we have to double click so many times to put it in the same position.
Chad W.
Food Service General Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
September 11, 2018

“Simple to Use Digital Signage”

OverallEnables us to shift away from time consuming, static printed menus to dynamic, active digital menus.
ProsIntuitive, easy to navigate. Makes it simple to customize displays and make changes on the fly.
ConsNot applicable - once we did a quick training session we were good to go:)
Shel A.
Health & Safety Administrative Assistant
Mining & Metals, 201-500 employees

“My Review”

OverallI like the product more now than four years ago. It is more streamlined, and the instructions are clearer. In my new position, EngagePHD is part of my job functions again and at first I was not pleased because it was not very user friendly in the past. But, I am very excited about it now and am happy to use it.
ProsIt is easier to use and navigate through than when I used it 2 years ago.
ConsFamiliarizing myself with the other capabilities outside of my normal functions takes some time.
Alexandra J.
Marketing Student Manager
Retail, 501-1000 employees

“Love EngagePHD!”

ProsI love how user friendly it is. Whenever I need to task something on this software to a coworker, there are no issues.
ConsSometimes the digital screens glitch or do not match what I scheduled for them.
Tatiana L.
Catering Sales Manager

“Great Program! ”

OverallWe use this to upload events and show guest what is going on. This is very easy to work with and also looks amazing!
ProsVery easy to use yet it is very very professional.
ConsEverything here is great! There are no Cons.
Retail, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2018

“Easiest way to show your selection”

ProsEasy to use, very straightforward to learn/teach, immediate updates
ConsThe margins are a little tricky to maneuver/change without messing up the entire menu
Bo B.
VP
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees

“VP”

OverallMoving towards digital menus vs static is an important transition for our brand. Having the ability to remotely update and control menus from one central location is important.
ProsFlexibility and ability of remote updates and control
ConsFee based per screen, not per location. We utilize multiple screens per location.
Carly S.
Director of Marketing
Supermarkets, 1001-5000 employees

“Engage REview”

OverallCustomer service is great - extremely responsive. I would like to see upgrades to overall functionality and ease of use.
ProsThe programming capabilities and ability to schedule content is a plus.
ConsThe process of updating pricing and formatting is time consuming and could be more user friendly and streamlines.
Brooke l.
Retail Manager
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees

“Ping HD ”

ProsDigital screens are great! issues here and there nut over all okay
Consmenus do not update like they should daily
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2018

“Generally great; could use layout editing improvements. ”

OverallThe EngagePHD customer service experience is great! They're very helpful with troubleshooting issues that arise, as well as taking customer feedback into consideration (and execution) for updates to the platform. We tested it out for digital menus.
ProsThe general suite of features on the platform meets a large number of needs.
ConsThe layout editing component of the platform feels too much like a weird version of PowerPoint and not enough like a design program (leading to cobbling together pieces made in Adobe CC with components from the actual platform).
Erin B.
Sales Admin Assistant

“Renaissance Review”

OverallI like the system although sometimes it's a little difficult. The support staff is really nice but was unable to help me with my initial problem. In the end I was able to rectify the problem on my own.
ProsI like being able to view all of the boards at the same time using the dashboard.
ConsI dislike not being able to delete multiple days and entries at the same time. I also dislike how particular the system is in regards to reader boards and door cards. As a new person learning the system, I had to have a cheat sheet next to my monitor of the way to input all the meeting rooms so they displayed correctly.
Cory H.
Marketing & Social Media Specialist

“Pretty Good ”

OverallI have had a good experience overall and continue to get more comfortable with the system now that I have to use it more frequently.
ProsI think once you learn the system it's pretty easy to use. The support guys are great!
ConsI don't always think it's the most intuitive.
Retail, 10,001+ employees
September 14, 2018

“Overall a really good software”

OverallThe overall experience is fine. I would insist on fixing those glitches as it adds time to the projects we work on. But the other than that, the software runs well and it's easy to navigate and use.
ProsIt's easy to use and navigate through. It's intuitive and even with the recent updates, it only takes thirty minutes to learn how to use the new version.
ConsIt has glitches. Sometimes when copying layouts from one network to another, instead of copying the layout currently working on, it grabs an old one that was used months ago. It forces you to have to start over again; which adds unnecessary time.
Emad A.
Technical Support Specialist II
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“Great Product ”

Overallgreat experience
Proseasy to use, easy to configure the best solution ever
Constimes out quick. i really cannot think of any negative
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

“Great tool”

OverallGreat
ProsEasy to make changes, support is there if something goes wrong
ConsDifficulty in adding new items to background
Keri Lyn H.
Operations Manager

“Review”

OverallGreat!
ProsCan check the updates at my desk as opposed to going on the floor
ConsCan't change the times of the meal periods myself.
Brian V.
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2018

“Awesome Looking Menu Boards”

Overallusing an electronic menu board allows us to make changes to our menu and pricing at any moment. The eye-popping colorful screens are great for our customers.
Proseasy to turn items on and off and update prices on the fly.
Consmoving things around and making changes to the menu is very difficult
Mohammed C.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2018

“good platform, UI needs to be simplified ”

OverallWe use the platform for menu items of our shop. It solves our problem of remotely changing the menu by logging in online and being able to customize from anywhere in the world. Overall excellent software hardware combo, needs some improvement.
Prosit is a great software hardware combo that is competitively priced and gets the job done.
ConsThe user interface is hard to maneuver. Focus should be to make it user friendly and have an interactive easy to use dashboard.
Jerry P.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“Digital Signs”

OverallSo far So Good.
ProsEase of use, able to turn off and on with my phone
ConsIf it goes down....no MENU SIGNS....We had it go down and only if we have a printed sign to replace instead of digital will their be no problem
Alternative Medicine, 51-200 employees

“HD Ping”

ProsI like that this software enables me to control many different viewers at one time.
ConsAt times, it seems not to respond to commands. i.e. Force Refresh.
Spencer W.
Chef Manager
Food Production, 10,001+ employees

“Johnston Health”

OverallVery good. We enjoy the product and the customer service.
ProsAbility to customize signage using various formats
Conschallenges in learning how to use all of the different features
Airlines/Aviation, 1001-5000 employees
September 14, 2018

“A big menu for a big game”

ProsFor the needs of connecting hundreds of screens in a stadium with dynamic content of food menu's, this software was the perfect balance of functionality and being UX friendly.
ConsThe software is not necessarily poised for other platforms of digital signage that require a higher need of functionality and ad copy storage.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
October 14, 2018

“Work Review”

ProsThe bugs were fixed and updated. Remembers where you left off.
ConsStill a bit complicated to navigate through the website.
October 14, 2018
Brandon J.
Supervisor

“EngagePHD Review”

ProsWell detailed, full database and able to control screens from site.
ConsComplex navigation, can get confusing to remember the functions.
Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2018

“Solid reliable digital signage solution - with great personable customer support”

OverallExcellent experience overall, works great and is reliable, any issues or questions resolved quickly with great customer service
ProsEase of use with regards to the visual layout designer.
ConsLittle quirks like not being able to view all layout/screen schedules on the calendar screen, some non-intuitive menu layouts.
Robert C.
Business Systems Analyst
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
September 17, 2018

“Great Product, Highly Recommended”

ProsThe software is easy to use, it has many attractive features, and it requires very little on-going maintenance.
ConsThe layouts designer is a little difficult to work with. The layout extends beyond the page and the constant scrolling up/down/left/right makes designing a new layout annoying.
Sports, 11-50 employees

“Marketing and Concessions”

OverallOverall we love using Ping HD and will continue to work with them to make our product look professional and modern!
ProsPing HD caters to what our business needs and helps us create a format that ill work for any type of marketing. The customer service line is always helpful and fast at solving anything we don't already know how to do.
ConsThere are times that the user face is a bit tricky to use so that's when we call in for support.
September 11, 2018

“Good Product, Pretty easy to use”

OverallSo far, I've really only used EngagePHD to upload assets and create playlists. It works reasonably well for that.
ProsDrag and drop to create playlists is quite intuitive
ConsThere doesn't seem to be a good way to manage assets--Can't place items in separate folders, etc.
Amber A.
Food Service & Marketing Manager
September 20, 2018

“PING review”

ProsI like how the menu pulls the products from the excel spreadsheet directly into the PING
ConsIt is difficult to use at times and some of the products do not manually upload into the menu.
September 20, 2018
Michael D.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 501-1000 employees

“Poor service”

OverallI had almost no help in getting the system set up and menus created. One person was an engineer who had no teaching skills at all and the other had no idea how to do the technical parts. Together they were no help whatsoever. I had to hire a graphic designer to create "background slides" with our menu and now I have no way to update as needed. I have spent thousands of dollars for basically a TV system with no hope of any support in figuring out how to work it.
ProsThe idea that it could rotate menus and be updated in real time
ConsThe fact that it is nearly impossible to operate and create initial menus. It should be designed like a power point where you can create slides and then upload
Brad M.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
September 11, 2018

“Easy Interface for anyone to learn”

OverallOur team envisioned being able to write our own code to create a touchscreen display. It's definitely easier said then done, and EngagePHD helped us achieve our goals.
ProsI like the software's ease of use and the ability to update content at any time.
ConsAt times the software can be finicky, and it can be difficult to manage large quantities of content if you don't have full administrator access to the program.
Jen L.
Suite Sales and Services Rep
Sports, 201-500 employees

“EngagePHD Review”

ProsThe software is pretty easy to use and shows up clearly on the screens.
ConsThe design aspect is not that intuitive - you can't copy/paste, right click, etc.