Outlaw Ratings

Overall

About Outlaw

Close deals 10x faster while ensuring compliance. Take control of contract chaos by aligning Legal, Sales & Finance teams and your data. Outlaw provides a flexible end-to-end contract management solution on an easy-to-use, easy-to-integrate platform. Draft, redline, eSign secure, error-proof contracts in real-time. Track & cloud-store documents in a smart contract repository. Ingest your customer contracts (redlines too!). Gain full visibility and full control of your contracts with Outlaw! Learn more about Outlaw

Nicholas P.
Chief Operations Officer
Construction, 1-10 employees
October 30, 2018

“Outlaw - Contracts A La Carte”

OverallDelightful. The Owners are wonderful to work with, and very responsive. I always had an answer regarding an inquiry i made withing a half hour, and the outlaw team was always available to schedule a call. I foresee us using this product for a long time to come.
ProsI think the best feature regarding this software is usability. Although I rated this category a little lower, it doesn't have much to do with the overall experience, as much as it has to do with bugs/code implementations being updated. My biggest issue in the beginning was selecting "this is me" box and being unable to sign the contract due to conflicting data entry points. This caused a work around to have to be utilized, which I'm sure has been rectified now.
ConsCompared to Docusign, Outlaw is trailing a little regarding features. I think if Outlaw implemented PDF editor / Viewer (As Adobe provides but for a ridiculous cost) it would embolden the value of the software as a whole. Of course, every feature is not needed, but some of them would go a long way. Also, There a a bunch of Lawyer Tech companies out there. I think Outlaw should partner up and offer its clients services based on document procurement.
October 30, 2018
mario s.
planning
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2018

“Cool Contract apps”

Overall you have a specific process in your existing contract flow that your company needs to keep, I recommend talking it through with the Outlaw team to come up with a win-win solution. We needed certain contract variables sieved into an external database, and the team was able to customize an integration for us for a fee. It won't be a negligible sum, depending on the level of integration required, )as are any custom integration fees), but will be extremely worth the price. Throughout the process, the development and customer success team were able to give us constant updates and were excellent in assuring us a fantastic delivery.
ProsThe best part about Outlaw is definitely the ability to customize all our contract templates dynamically. I have never seen a contract management product with such an advanced tool for template creation. We were able to put in place section references, set conditional sections, input default variable values, and even include what the platform calls "secret variables" to encrypt sensitive contract information. We have received positive feedback from our recipients about how clean and sleek our contracts look, as compared to Word/ PDF versions we were previously working with.
ConsI have no complaints so far. The team has been able to address most, if not all our needs in the period we have worked with them, even throughout the decision process when we were comparing between different solutions.
November 15, 2018
Jon V.
COO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“Knocking it Out of the Park”

OverallThe ability for our company to send relative documents over a platform is important. Outlaw have given us that platform. The customer success team is amazing and the overall quality of the product is great.
ProsThe software is very user-friendly and the ability to customize any document is very important for our business. We have many options that fit our company's specific needs.
ConsIt was more my fault that I didn't schedule a demo to go through the flow of the platform. Once I had a demo, my knowledge of the flow process was greatly improved
August 28, 2018
Steve W.
Partner
May 22, 2018

“Incredibly user-friendly and affordable service that simplified our legal paperwork.”

OverallThe software saved us a lot of money, and created a simple legal contract process that was much easier for our investors to sign. Our conversion on bringing investors was much, much better with this software which simplified the process. Our lawyers also enjoyed using the software as well given the digital distribution of the contracts that saved on their administrative functions.
ProsThere were two things that we particularly loved about Outlaw: their intuitive contract creation process as well as the Overview function that allowed us to cut through the dense legal contracts. Given their accessible pricing model, it was a no brainer for us and it's saved us tens of thousands of dollars in the first six months of use.
ConsWe have had some users have issues accessing their contracts due to confusion between personal and work email accounts.

By Outlaw on May 29, 2018
We're so glad you enjoy Outlaw, Steve! Thanks for writing in!
May 22, 2018
Jacquelyn W.
Owner | Maker | Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2019

“ Super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to make agreements w clients”

OverallOverall, my experience with Outlaw has been positive, and has helped streamline my company's contractual process. The customer service provided is unmatched and I will continue to grow my company and work with Outlaw, no doubt.
ProsI really liked the customer service Outlaw offered and continues to offer my company when different situations and different needs for contractual agreements arise. It is a super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to close deals/make agreements with my clients.
ConsThere is nothing that I didn't like, persay, but is more that since it is new to the market, there was initial fear of the unknown. I was unsure at first, but now so glad I took the leap for my company and moved away from docusign and to something better like Outlaw.
May 29, 2019
Jack L.
Managing Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 1-10 employees
May 28, 2019

“Collaborative Document Management and Signing System”

OverallMainly using Outlaw for contract generation based on customized templates. It has worked out great and started looking to use the system for collaborative document revisions. There are a lot of features we have yet to explore.
ProsEasy to use, cost effective, reliable. From one template, I can create 5-7 different types of contracts that are customized to the deal. AND within seconds. Great customer support and onboarding training. It is for more than contract documents. I can use it for various types of documents that require edits and reviews within a team and the final approved documents signed and archived.
ConsI have not experienced anything negative so far; my expectations have been met and exceeded in many aspects.
Design, 201-500 employees
May 29, 2018

“Faster, easier, and the way it should be done”

OverallSpeed and efficiency of contract execution is great, and it also ensures fewer mistakes or errors.
ProsOutlaw makes contract creation, sending, and execution super simple. Frequently used templates are there to quickly select from, without ever having to worry "is this the latest version?" No more going back and forth with redlines or asking for a Word version of a PDF to mark up, and no more importing signatures or scanning contracts back.
ConsNothing worth mentioning that I have encountered yet. It would be nice if one day template uploading was more automated.
Anna S.
Art Director
Design, Self-employed
May 31, 2019

“An Intuitive, Straightforward and Equalizing Platform”

OverallThe numerous benefits of using Outlaw have been valuable and vast. Having an open and equal line of communication with clients throughout the negotiation process has been a unique and welcome experience, and the simple and intuitive interface has simplified the process for both parties - saving me time and money.
ProsThe ease of use for myself and my clients. Both parties have equal access to edit, review and approve contracts throughout the agreement process. Outlaw ensures transparency, and gives me confidence that we're simultaneously addressing our individual and collective needs.
ConsI can't speak negatively of this software - or my experience with the team behind it. I've had nothing but positive and productive interactions with both. From the incredibly dedicated, thoughtful and patient customer service, to the overall cost and time effectiveness this software has brought to my business, I can only advocate for its benefits.
May 31, 2019
Jimbo M.
Animation, Self-employed

“Great collaboration tool”

OverallIf you're a company that regularly uses contractors and freelancers, be a hero and get Outlaw. There's a certain tediousness when dealing with contracts especially when you're not near a printer or are on the same server. And the tracked changes helps establish trust right away.
ProsI'm a contractor that regularly receives contracts and invoices from a company that uses Outlaw. As a one person team, being able to redline in real-time, see tracked changes, and esign all within a browser has saved me from so many headaches. The Overview summary section is also a nice touch especially when I don't have a legal team to interpret.
ConsThe first time for sign-in I wish the guest login button was just a tad more prominent. On the receiving side, there isn't much to dislike about it. It's a very intuitive product.
Nathan W.
Blockchain Enginner & Consultant
Internet, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2018

“Close your clients quickly.”

OverallI send out lots of NDAs, contracts for employees and contractors. It's been easy for me to work with clients and contractors with all the terms laid out in plain English, not legalese.
ProsI enjoy how easy it is to edit and redline your own contracts. I've been sending this out to lots of people and everyone enjoys easily working with the software and understanding the terms of their agreements.
ConsI'd like to see the finished doc hashed to a blockchain for later reference.
September 7, 2018
Gina T.
Founder & Principal
Design, Unspecified
July 11, 2018

“Great user experience, saves me time and money, makes me look good”

ProsOutlaw has streamlined my process for everything from contracts with consultants to onboarding and NDAs.
ConsThere's not much to dislike about the product. They are a startup, but this is an advantage in that they are super responsive and constantly improving the experience.
July 11, 2018
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Saved so much time!”

OverallBeing able to handle the back and forth of redlining and then the signature all in one tool is incredible. The ease of use can't be beat!
ProsOutlaw eliminates the headache of dealing with the back and forth on email to redline. The tool is extremely easy to use and at the end of the day, anything that saves me time is a winner!
ConsIt's not the cheapest option out there, but you get what you pay for!
Gus F.
May 23, 2018

“I'm loving it!!”

ProsIt's smooth, user-friendly and straightforward. the customer service agent, whom I think was one of the founders was so nice and helpful!
Consnothing that I can think of at the moment. it's a startup and they'll have growing pains for the foreseeable future but they're doing a great job.
May 23, 2018
Entertainment, Unspecified
May 29, 2018

“Saves you time and money!”

ProsSo easy and made for human beings who want to do business faster and not get lost in annoying legalese.
ConsDon't have much to say here. We've used other document signing systems and I can see Outlaw taking over - because it's not just about software, but about the human experience.