SkypeTime Ratings

Overall

About SkypeTime

Collects statistics and build reports of the employee's work based on the employee's presence status Skype for Business. Learn more about SkypeTime

Pankaj R.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
February 11, 2019

“Great tool for Meetings, Screen Sharing and Chatting”

OverallIt's great tool for managing meetings, group messages and file sharing. I have been using it personally to see my peer desktop and get the issue resolved. Microsoft to need to work on the performance on desktop sharing over skype as it is slow then MSRA when compared to screen refresh rate.
ProsThe communication methods are quick and easy. Configuration to send missed conversation to associated email is great way to send your message. Keep tracking of the people, who are available and who aren't. I would say to keep tracking your peer or subordinate. Great tool for meetings. You can send group messages to people while they are in meeting. Great tool for screen sharing. You can add people as many you want to while sharing the screen. Chatting tool is awesome. Maintain the Bold/Italic/Underline and have smilies with great support.
ConsSometime, when someone is sharing screen, the screen stuck and other people won't see screen refresh. It hang up sometime when sharing file to multiple people at once, in group meeting. When attending meeting, the status doesn't change to 'In Meeting' status. It fails sometime. When someone is sharing screen, and you grant access to their system, it take time to refresh on screen. Little show here. I have to request for MSRA (Microsoft Windoes Remote Access) in those cases, as it has good refresh rate.
February 11, 2019
denise t.
secretary
Construction, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2018

“It is a useful tool for my life I use it every day to communicate with my long-distance relatives”

OverallSkype benefits me greatly saves me in expenses, distances and technologies, I can also take advantage also with my family, friends and in my work. allowing working together, when some of the workers are in other states, making meetings with video calls and maintaining contact through instant messaging.
ProsSkype is a very useful application that allows me to communicate with my family and friends anywhere in the world through calls, video conferences and instant messaging. In addition, I can share with them file or information being all this free, which is the best for our economy brings me to them without any cost. I can use it in a group way talking to several familiartes and friends in video conference all at the same time. I use it daily through my computer and my cell phone, which allows me to talk without stopping to do my occupations, jobs or activities while chatting or communicating, until you can see and enjoy what you are doing at the time of the call .
Consthe only thing I do not like is that it works through the internet which requires a good connection so that the call is fluid without being cut or interrupted, it is not a problem with the software because the application works great but requires a good connection to have quality in the call.
sumit k.
Devops Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
November 19, 2018

“Skype review ”

OverallI used it on only daily basis. I have a great time in communicating with people and sending files over skype.
Pros1) Very good emojis and instant response. 2) User friendly UI. 3) Very nice communication tool. Best part is video calling. 4) Best feature is messages are editable.
Cons1) Evertime it needs a good network to connect. 2) Call breakage is instant when network gets somewhat slow. 3) Older version 7 was much way better than 8 version. 4) There should be a alert or pop-up must be opened if message is not sent. 5) Sometimes buffering of messages gets intolerable. 6) Sometimes you send message but it is received very late at other end despite on being same network. 7) It gets hanged in screen sharing.
November 19, 2018
Luis C.
student
June 28, 2018

“Skype I consider it the best way to make calls in a free way to any part of the world. ”

OverallImmediate communication with my friends and family. In addition to many professors in my university, they opt for vitual classes through this application, and it is a very comfortable and organized way to do them.
ProsI live in a country where telephone lines are chaotic every day, but thanks to Skype, I have been able to keep in touch always in any part of the world. Whenever I need to talk with my family, friends or classmates, Skype is the first option that crosses my mind. As a student, I reside at a distance far from my parents, and Skype helps me at all times when it comes to communicating with them. Quite recommended for the student, worker, and ordinary person who needs to talk instantly. It should be noted that their customer service system is just as fast and effective, solve your problems the vast majority of the time, and in the most effective way possible. I recommend it.
ConsWith the latest update implemented, the "add contacts" theme has become visually confusing, especially in the mobile version. Similarly, when you are in a video conference with more than 3 people at a time, the program usually collapses and slows down the cell phone
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“Best Communcation Application for daily use.”

OverallSometime i did work from home or traveling then i can connect with my colleague easily can video call ,audio call or chat with those easily. Now a days one firm has many branches so we connect them branch colleague through this very easily.
ProsBest application to chat, video call or audio call and its easy to use. Group can make fast and communicate with all at same time. Best feature is screen sharing which is useful if we can communicate with other to troubleshoot his problem or something else. Its very helpful to connect with my family, business work (client and costumer) Friends and colleague will call or message anytime if they are online. Its best feature is its also install in Mobile device which us helpful when i am out of office or home or traveling to other place then can connect with other with mobile skype application.
ConsSkype take too much time to load emoji's and for video call we need high bandwidth if the internet speed is slow it crashes he video call or clarity of the video call is bad. On sharing the file its take too much time to download the file or sometime it give error to download.
Alex M D.
Head of Information Technology Department
March 26, 2018

“Skypetime”

ProsAll of the time control systems on the market assume the installation of an additional software on the employee's computer. For our business, this solution is not acceptable because of: Security. Third-party software installation on all PCs is a potential threat and a possible backdoor. Compatibility. Due to the fact that all programs work at the driver level, no one can ensure that updates will not cause any failures. High Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Software client needs to be installed on all employees' computers and requires future maintenance. Skypetime does not have these shortcomings. It receives data from the SfB server and does not affect users computers in any way. Running and configuring the cloud version took only two days, the subsequent migration to our server also passed quickly and without loss of data.
ConsNo link between Outlook Appointments and SkypeTime, so appointments that take place wherever but no at PC are compelled to be entered manually. They promise to add this feature soon. Export to excel is missing fore some of reports.
March 26, 2018
Johan Andres C.
Technologist in analysis and development of information systems
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 31, 2019

“ excellent facilitating my work”

Overallin general it is an excellent application. It has many functions and it makes my job easier and saves me time.
Pros Actually this application makes my job easier and apart from that it keeps me in touch with people who are far from me. In my work I constantly use this application to converse and validate topics such as conferences with people who are in other cities and for many issues such as transportation time, transportation costs and many other things it is not possible to hold a meeting. This application has taken me out of a lot of trouble since I have contact with people from other areas of my work and with family members. It serves me not only for my work life but also for my personal life.
Cons Actually I would like to take a little more time to improve the interface, and at the interface level you can make more changes to customize each skype account.
January 31, 2019
Hericksenn B.
network analyst
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“Skype use at work”

Overalluse it in the company with the paid version to make meetings and selective process.
Prosskype and a free program where you can make video call, send and receive files if you are using the paid version can make a video conference or a voice call.
Consif you are using the free version and everything is not released for you to use it is not really free.
July 16, 2019
April 9, 2018

“It is a great program that solves my communication needs, but I believe it can be improved”

OverallThe biggest benefit is that for a great fee I get to make regular international phone calls.
ProsI live in a developing country and, believe it or not, it is sometimes impossible to get out international phone calls, Skype has saved my life time and again when this happens (so thank you so much Skype!!). It is a relatively easy to use app, the chat is great and the phone calls and video chats generally work perfectly. My favorite aspect of Skype definitely is the fact that it allows you to call actual phone numbers, who recieve the call as any other regular call, and not only other users who would have to be online to receive the call, this feature has just saved me so many times that I remain a faithfull user. I also love that you can set up an automatic re-charge of your credit so you never run out.
ConsIt is a little confusing when you try to access your contact list from your cellphone from the app. When that is what you are trying to do, it is not so user friendly. In addittion, the "adding contacts" part of the program became a little confusing as well with one of the last few updates, making it not so easy to find the people I'm looking for.
genesis m.
medical
March 17, 2018

“skype allows me to be in communication in a simpler way both in my personal and work life”

OverallSkype has benefited me in different aspects of my life. In my role as a student I was allowed to study, discuss, organize and carry out university work with the different members of the group, without having to go to meet in one place, but from the comfort of the house, as well as allowing us in many opportunities to enjoy video conferences, of scientists who were in another part of the country and even out of this, without having to have the expenses and all the protocol that a trip generates. As a doctor and teacher, I have taken advantage of this technology tool to communicate with my students for reviews, doubts, clarifications and special classes in a virtual way. In my personal life it has allowed me to maintain contact with most family friends and especially with my boyfriend who are in another city, making the most of skype video calls to feel a little closer to my loved ones
ProsEasy and quick to install it works with different types of operating system the calls have high image and sound quality I can make calls for free and for a long period of time
Consat the time of downloading the program if it is not done from the right site may have viruses if the internet connection is failing, it also generates interference between the sound and the image to call landlines you have to pay there may be unwanted contacts
March 17, 2018
Paola Carolina B.
Periodista
May 31, 2018

“With SkypeTime there are no borders to communicate.”

OverallSkypeTime in the workplace has given me the opportunity to stand out in what I do. Doing distance interviews without the need to make a satellite transmission as in the past seems to me a great innovation from which the current media take advantage. For a journalist like me SkypeTime is a blessing.
ProsSkypeTime is the best example of what refers to technological advances. Thanks to this software I can communicate with whomever I want, no matter where in the world it is. In the workplace, it has become an essential tool because via video-conference, I can communicate and even interview some specialist of the subject that I have to address. I am fascinated by its interface, which makes it a software that is pleasing to the eye.
ConsOne aspect to improve is the failure that sometimes occurs when there are several people connected in video-conference. In the same way the need to have an excellent connection to the internet to fully enjoy the service that this software offers.
jhonnata a.
ingeniero
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
May 1, 2019

“skype excellent service”

OverallIn my personal experience with this service I can say that it is an excellent service which has given me many solutions to use it and has allowed me to have contact with various means of communication for anyone, whether for personal or commercial use.
Proswhat attracts me most about Skype time, which is easy and fast to install, free phone calls to other Skype time users anywhere in the world, calls with Skype have a high sound quality and are highly secure, it works in the Most computers: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Pocket Out, these are some of the things that make me a user of the service.
ConsAmong the things that are not liked in Skype time is having unwanted contacts, to call landlines you have to pay, voicemail is not free, get a virus to download it by not getting it from the right page, sometimes bad resolution of sound and video occurs, but nevertheless the service is very good.
May 1, 2019
Satyajit J.
Consultant
Banking, 10,001+ employees
April 16, 2019

“Skype : An easy way to connect !”

ProsAs a user of Skype since 2010, the UI has changed enough and it makes the navigation very easy. Skype also uses very low RAM and CPU usage from PC. We use Skype for messaging solution in our corporate environment. We use Skype to chat and for calls, the most important feature of Skype is undoubtedly the clarity of voice during calls. With its new version, it is more stable to use due to its many features and software infrastructure. One of the best tools used so far!
Cons At times we have dropped calls but we can easily reconnect later. The internet connection plays a vital role in this, if the connection is slow and unreliable then performance may hamper
April 16, 2019
Maribel L.
Profesora Titular Universitaria
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
February 26, 2019

“ Reliable and efficient communication.”

OverallSkype is the main option for professionals who need to be connected with their clients and professional colleagues, hence the wide community of users they own. Ideal for interviews (face to face), video calls and meetings with the users of the organization.
ProsSkype is easy and quick to install, allows you to make free calls to other users anywhere in the world and also video conferences. Contacts that have a high sound quality and are very safe. It is a multiplatform software and also supports several operating systems, for example for computers it is possible to install it on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. On the other hand it is very easy to find known users on Skype, because they can be searched by their name, by their user or by their phone number.
ConsFor most services it is necessary to pay: communication by video call between group users, sending data to a fax, talking with any mobile or landline, sending text messages, leaving an answering machine, among others. Sometimes the poor resolution of sound and video occurs.
February 26, 2019
Armando S.
Customer service
April 6, 2018

“I love to use Skype is a easy program to use and fast responses comunnication.”

OverallI mostly benefit when working as Im able to speak with coworkers and clients that are not in te same country. fast communitaion and resolutions to our clients request.
ProsWhat I like about skype is how it is so easy to use when it comes to chatting, phone calls, conferences. ect... It provides alot of differents emojis and features where you can use when you are chatting. I use this program at work alot since I have to speak with people from all over the world and it is a great source of communications.
ConsThe only thing I do not like about skype is when it comes to seeing the other persons screen as it s a bit slow and sometimes blurry but other than that is a great program.
April 6, 2018
Angeles M.
Estudiante
June 1, 2018

“The software is very accessible and useful for communication in the student, work and family area”

ProsSkype is a software that has allowed me to have easy access to friends and family that are in different states or far away countries, in the same way it has given me strategies of study and realization of work and communication with medical colleagues of other hospitals they are inside or outside the country, also has a good sound quality, its use is very reliable and most importantly, many devices and equipment have this software which facilitates even more communication.
ConsUnwanted emails may occur, plus you must be connected to a good network so that the software flows properly
June 1, 2018
michael mason W.
electric technician
Construction, 201-500 employees
November 16, 2018

“SkypeTime beyond your expectations.”

OverallI love skype, I've had great experiences with him, I can call at any time and anywhere in the world, very good video resolution good audio quality, although sometimes it gets tedious that he puts the videos with poor quality and the messaging sometimes arrives late but it's not always
Prosfirst how easy and fast to install, skype I like it a lot because it has a good video resolution, it also has a phone call anywhere in the world they have a high quality sound and it is completely safe, I fell in love with skype because it facilitates my life .
ConsI do not like that sometimes messages arrive late, and that you may have unwanted contact,
November 16, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2018

“'Skype time Saved My Job.'”

ProsI like SkypeTime because I communicate with anyone across the globe. I can now communicate from my workplace via video-conference thanks to the software. Anytime I want to make a call to my family or friends, nothing passes my mind first than Skype (so once again thank you Skype). The fact that it's easy to install and compatible with a plethora of operating systems makes it the best software I've ever come across. Besides, I make endless calls for free (can you imagine that?) Also, I like the customer support which is fast and effective.
ConsI didn't like the fact that I need to have a powerful network connection to enjoy the services. Otherwise the software is excellent.
August 10, 2018
Kristi L.
Marketing Manager
Utilities, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2018

“Skype Saved My Company Money”

ProsWe use Skype for all of our meetings, both internal and external, and it is fantastic. We were able to cancel an expensive meeting subscription we had in favor of Skype. You can do regular audio meetings through your computer, as well as video meetings. In addition, Skype allows you to automatically share a conference call line and code for each meeting recipient, making meetings will multiple callers very easy and pain free.
ConsWe have expereinced an occasional dropped call when the wifi has been poor. This is not a problem when taking meetings from the office, or populated locations, however we do have some people that call in from remote locations with poor wifi, and they get dropped from the meeting.
May 10, 2018
jeffrey m.
Web Designer
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 2, 2019

“Skype Review”

OverallAs a web designer and psychologist I have carried out meetings with clients and work mates in the comfort of my work place and at home sometimes without any hustle.
ProsSkype simplified my life when i was a student as i could carry out group chats discussing assignments.I appreciate video calls and catching up with people I had last seen long back.
ConsSkype requires a good internet connection hence it poses problems like failing to acess contact list and taking too long to deliver messages.Failure to notify quickly if message has or not been sent is also major set back.
February 2, 2019
Yalezsa Z.
Journalist
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 2, 2018

“Skype is a very useful software. Some of its configurations may be simpler, but it works very well.”

OverallUse skype to work remotely. It is very efficient, not all the time I use the calls, but also the chat.
ProsOne of its advantages is that if the person does not have the software installed on their computer, they can perfectly access their account from Skype for web. It's a powerful tool that works not only in the family environment and to chat and make calls to friends, but also in the workplace.
ConsSome of its configurations are not easy at all. The registration is also a little complicated, as is the part of adding a user and starting to chat.
July 2, 2018
Emily Yohanna S.
Diseñador de modas
June 27, 2018

“It is very dynamic gives us communication by video calls and chat to connect with loved ones”

OverallMainly the communication with loved ones that are not close, it is a way to stay united and in contact for a low consumption of megaphones.
ProsPersonally, it is a program that I use frequently since many relatives and good friends have emigrated from my country. Through this means we can communicate in real time, share, chat and interact as if we were nearby, and not only can you interact with a only person has the option of calls and video group calls where you can connect not only with one of your family or friends but all can connect to the same call. apart it contains different options to interact with contacts such as icons, emoticons, micro videos, voice notes, among others.
Conswhen using the program has presented faults in the reproduction of sound and video. and the program does not have free calls to landlines. But it is a very good program and I continue to use it.
June 27, 2018
Arpit S.
SDET
Computer Software, Unspecified
March 10, 2018

“Among-st the best communication tool”

OverallCross platform and cross team collaboration. Use for setting up demos and meetings with clients and third party team. Also to conduct online face to face interviews.
ProsIt is a powerful tool to communicate and collaborate with teams at different locations and Geo. Sharing files, sharing screen, giving presentation access to other members is cool. We can even tag people to monitor their status.
ConsIt gets hang at times. Recent chats are not stored at one place. Can come up with feature to record the entire meeting - not sure if it is there now at present.
March 10, 2018
Dilushi Y.
Medical practitiner
Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees
May 2, 2019

“Money saver”

OverallI am using skyle to communicate with my family . They lives in New zealand so I always use Video calls with Skype
ProsSkyoe is the best software for communicate with our relatives. Internet connection is the only this we want to communicate with other. Skype allow quality video calls, instant messages, quality voice calls and so many tbings. And can have group call. The main thing is skype save our money.
ConsNo feacture of language translation and some time background noise pick more adding to calls
May 2, 2019
panagiotis l.
BusinessMan
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
October 24, 2018

“SkypeTime”

OverallI started using skype when i was a kid. I was talking to my grandma and my grandpa .Its a really nice way to communicate with people other than real life communication.I was having a lot of fun when my parents would call them so i can speak with them .After i grew up i was searching for a better communicating app like skype but i couldnt find any so my point is that skype is a very speciall app that connects 2 or more people and unites them even more
ProsSkype is a very easy application to use .It offers great experience and many more features than other chatting applications.Its very easy to use and it can be used by all ages 10 to 100 . Skype is a really good way to talk to people and see them at the same time but in addition skype can be used for business as well (like a security mesure).
ConsSkype was a bit confusing after the last update.It didnt have ways to mute or controll the voice other than the windows audio volume mixer .
October 24, 2018
Telecommunications, Unspecified
July 5, 2018

“The best way to communicate anywhere”

OverallOverall , this is great way to keep in touch with people around the world.
ProsSince this is a popular communication software, I've been using this for almost a year and the experience is priceless. I can communicate with my friends abroad and since you are able to view if they are available or not I can skype time them whenever they are ready and will not disturb them. Also there is a feature where I can post my current mood, so if ever that I don't want to be disturbed but stay online I can do both. The video and audio is also a-okay.
ConsSometimes the software crashes, I dunno if it's because of our connection or the software itself.
CHRISTIAN P.
VP of Human Resources & Finance
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2018

“Skype was my original go to for inter-office communication and is still the most reliable.”

OverallSkype for Business has enabled smooth and easy communication for myself and my team mates throughout the office. It breaks down the physical barrier for remote employees and allows all using it to feel involved and part of the 'office' wherever they might be working from.
ProsSkype is user friendly and any level of technological competence can use this platform. It is an effective software for small or large companies and promotes team communication.
ConsThere can be glitches, but the support system from customer service for business is premium quality.
alcides m.
developer junior
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 14, 2018

“easy comunication betwen other people”

OverallAt work, it helps me to communicate with other colleagues and keep up to date the activities that must be done and in my personal life it makes it easier for me to talk with my family, even my girlfriend who does not live in the same state as me.
Pros- instalation very easy - phone calls and video calls quality among other people anywhere in the world - totally secure calls - friendly interface
Cons- have unwanted contacts - local calls and the mailbox are expensive - at first the configuration is annoying so that it does not start at the start of the computer
March 14, 2018
Oriana B.
Odontologa
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
August 18, 2018

“Software is ideal for calls and video calls no matter where you are”

OverallMy experience in general has been good, as I said earlier in some opportunities the connection is usually bad so it does not usually have a good conversation, but in the same way it is very useful
Pros Skype is the ideal software to make calls and video calls to people regardless of the distance where people are. A business level allows good communication between people to establish a conversation and solve problems. It is a software that is easy to learn to use, it is very simple, and it is quite pleasant I like it and it has helped me in a variety of opportunities where there is no way to communicate, that is, calls can be made via the Internet without a mobile phone or by calling a user who has the Skype account directly.
ConsWith disadvantage I consider that communication is sometimes bad depending on where each person can be found. In my case I sometimes talk to some customers and sometimes the connection is bad, the audio and the video call usually fail and be a little weak
August 18, 2018
June 12, 2018

“Skype is an excellent tool for corporate, professional and personal use due to its effectiveness.”

OverallDaily allows my communication with co-workers worldwide effectively
ProsIt allows to use it to be used in different devices, creation of groups and conferences, excellent emojis and varied options for your personalization
ConsThe current version of Skype only has 3 types of statuses that change automatically when the account is not being used, it does not allow to attach several documents or images in a single message. It does not stop adding people, it only allows it if it is written directly
June 12, 2018
Jacqueline M.
Asistente
1001-5000 employees
May 9, 2018

“it's great to keep me coumunicated with my people”

OverallI connect with people face to face from the comfort of my home or from my work
ProsIs the best thing that has been invented in telecommunication through video calls, the only thing i need is a good internet connection and i can have meetings with my clients from the comfort of my home and i can also connect with my friends and family. It's great seriously!
ConsWithout a good internet connection you will not be able to enjoy how excellent this tool is, so get a good connection and do not blame Skype!
May 9, 2018
Tom H.
March 15, 2018

“It keeps me in touch with everyone. It saves travel time and money in business. I can see everyone”

ProsI like best that it saves everyone long distance expenses including all transportation costs. I like that everyone can join in on the call for the meeting and be on time. Everyone can participate in the comfort of their own home or office all over the world at the same time.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I don't like except sometimes the picture on the screen is blurry. We have also been disconnected during a call but that usually happens due to inclement weather.
March 15, 2018
Laura A.
Cantante - Animadora musical
May 4, 2018

“It's great to keep in touch with people, especially long-distance”

OverallSkype shortens distances
ProsI am a person who cares a lot about being in contact with their loved ones, that's why i use Skype, this tool allows me to be in contact with my family and with my friends, despite the distance through video calls, for me it is excellent.
ConsSkype does not have anything bad at all, the problem may arise when the internet connection is not good and that affects the quality of the video call, but that is not the responsibility of Skype.
May 4, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
April 26, 2019

“ease to connect”

Overallwe were using skype for business purpose for selling our product. it a major role on connecting with our clients from other countries.
Prosit is very easy to connect and share our requirement online to Skype video through network...thus it is very quick and effective connecting tool with clients.
Consthe least disadvantage about skype is charging amount for skype calls to other landlines and other network....while it is free for skype to skype users
April 26, 2019
Tania Tamara O.
Departamento Recursos Humanos
June 7, 2018

“This tool allows you to have face-to-face communication from different places.”

ProsIt is ideal for important meetings or negotiations between different companies, to discuss agreements, without the need to be in the same office, allowing employers not to abandon their work obligations, and at the same time to meet. Also, for people who are constantly traveling, they can supervise and control the employees who fulfill their duties.
ConsIt is essential to have a good Internet connection, since the communication thread would be completely lost and it would be cumbersome to be able to locate in the topic that is being discussed.
Akanksha G.
Senior Manager
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
August 2, 2019

“SkypeTime”

OverallOverall its very reliable.
Pros-It is very easy to use -One can make voice as well as video calling for long duration just by having good internet connection. -Makes Chatting interesting as its got features like bold, italic, underline & emojis as well. -Best feature is one can edit the messages.
Cons-If there is poor network connection then one may face lot of call drops issue.
August 2, 2019
JUHI S.
Assistant Manager
Import and Export, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2018

“I use this software in my daily day to day work. I am connected easily with people thru this tool”

OverallUser friendly technology.
ProsI use this product on daily basis as i have to contact my clients staying in different countries. Even this technology make it easy to get connected with family and friends. It save time and money.
ConsDue to poor internet connection, sometimes i get frustrated using video or calls. Sound quality is also not good. I have fear as once my account was hacked. Less of security.
July 11, 2018

“Excellent experience”

OverallLive calls with no delay with people over the ocean, works like a charm.
ProsThat the quality of the software has not declined during the years. The fact that it has been free for so long and it has literary no restrictions compared to paid users.
ConsSkype hasn't changed a lot, at least not from a graphical standpoint. I would simplify the GUI much more, and do the same and more to the mobile version of the app.
Carlos Alberto M.
Gerente de Finanzas Tributarias de FOPNPROCINE
51-200 employees
May 1, 2018

“Tool that allows you to make calls and video calls anywhere in the world totally free”

ProsIt allows me to be in touch with family and friends through a screen for video calls. It also allows to facilitate group meetings with people in different spaces or places. It can be used on PC, phones, tablets and is completely free.
ConsIs limited to the use of the internet, if you have a bad connection, it is likely that you will not be satisfied with the use of the tool
May 1, 2018
Ramil T.
Technical Support
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
April 8, 2019

“RealTime Analyst on work”

OverallServices are amazing. Tasked that were complicated before seems to be effortless now, thanks to this software.
ProsWhat I like the most about this software is that it convert all your raw data into a useful processed data. We are a growing company staffing sometimes is an issue. Thank's to the software my colleagues can focus on other important things. The ease and comfort that the Application can offer is incomparable.
ConsI don't see any down light on this software, all I know is appreciate the software a lot.
Computer Software, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 5, 2018

“Organize your time and your calls”

ProsSkype time allows you to manage your calls and contacts at a specific time or time. It is very useful for people who maintain business relationships and need this tool to never forget when and at what time to make the conversation. It also serves to schedule meetings through video calls at a certain time. An example: if you need to hold a meeting with your employees and you are outside your workplace, you can set a schedule and all of them through Skype Time know they have a video conference. It works pretty well, just like the Skype services themselves
ConsFor ordinary people this tool is not as useful, since you do not need to use a specific time if you want to make your calls. The normal thing is that you use this software when and how you want, therefore, this function is mostly aimed at employers and workers who need to make and schedule a specific time in their calls. However, if you are a minimalist and methodical person who normally has a call schedule with a relative, friend, etc., then you can make the correct use of this software. However, it does not have a very radical influence on the service that the Skype application represents.
September 5, 2018
Gladys B.
July 30, 2018

“Skype is definitely the application that allows an interaction with companies, family, friends”

OverallSoftware with excellent security. International calls with local call cost Encrypt the voice
ProsModernize and simplify telephony in the business. Video Conferences in real time that allow competitivity of the company of today. Simplify telephony in your business.
ConsThe microphone and the search of the contacts that has not been intuitive in the latest version of the application
July 30, 2018
Events Services, 11-50 employees
October 23, 2018

“Skype is Awesome !”

OverallThe Internet calling feature is great. Skype to Skype calls are free so I can make international calls with family members and clients. I really like the Skype call recording. My nephew is in the army and I cant always communicate with him. With this feature I am able to save his voice recording for when I cant reach out to him. Skype is easy to use, simple to navigate through its many features and most importantly, keeps you connected to all those in your life.
ProsSkype is an easy means to gather friends, family, classrooms and co-workers regardless of their locations. Capture special times in a Skype call or video with your family or co-workers. You can bring the entire company together in one room, for presentations with group video calling, gather your colleagues without the costs of travel, touch base with clients on your mobile devices and landlines or just share family holidays while recording the time spent together.
ConsNothing. Skype has everything I need ! It simple, cost effective and keeps me in touch with everyone.
October 23, 2018
Maria F.
Ingeniero de desarrollo de software
Program Development, 201-500 employees
August 21, 2018

“A great tool for video calls, very useful for business conferences”

ProsI can make video conferences easily, quickly and safely. While I'm on a call I can share images, files or even chat with another person at the same time. It works on all operating systems
ConsCalls between Skype accounts are free but calls to landlines require a payment, voicemail also has a cost that must be canceled for use
August 21, 2018
Automotive, 201-500 employees
August 4, 2018

“Great for end-user communication!”

OverallExcellent real-time communication for most use cases, but a few key features keep me using a few other products in edge cases. I.e. production environments with heavy constant noise that could be remedied by a selective/trained noise cancellation rather than verbal recognition for input on/off, and lack of tools for in-app visual feedback
ProsAll features accessible and intuitive to the average end user.
ConsLack of following features.. -push to talk, only mute/unmute -mid screen share selection/highlighting -baseline &/ trained ambient background noise cancellation
August 4, 2018
Guneet K.
TA
Design, Self-employed
April 9, 2018

“Skype allows you to make both video and voice calls to your personal and business contacts”

Overallcalling friends staying in connect with others calling audio and video
ProsSkype allows you to make both video and voice calls to your personal and business contacts less expensive then regular phone call instant messaging easy for interviews
Consi pretty much like skype it helps to connect to family for me and also help in my business its a great program
Enis Y.
Product Development Engineer
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
April 24, 2019

“One of the best communication software”

OverallIt's very important that this software provides high voice and video quality. Ease to use is very good. You can call wherever you want for free by connecting internet. This software has desktop and smartphone application which is great.
ProsHigh quality phone and video call. Ease to use is very good.
ConsI don't have negative comment for this application.
April 24, 2019
Abby H.
Online ESL teacher
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
January 5, 2019

“Great for work from home jobs. ”

OverallI teach children online via a different platform. If I am having a problem though I can skypetime my company and they answer back on Skype in real time. I also am able to chat with other coworkers via SkypeTime.
ProsThis software is friendly to non-techy people. I can access it from my computer or phone. There are apps that go with the software. It seems to help us communicate in a way that seems more genuine than email. It is also quicker for me to get ahold of IT support at my job through skype.
ConsI don't have any negative opinions about Skype. It is easy to use and helps me feel connected even in a remote work from home job.
January 5, 2019
anna a.
sales lady
Retail, Unspecified
July 5, 2018

“The best application , all in one for chat and communication for our daily use. I recommend this app”

Overallone of the best benefits i experience when im using skype application was i fell home and comfortably when i contacted my family and friends. thats why im so thankful that this apps was so amazing. two thumbs up for skype application.
Prosbest quality of video and voice, Easy to setup a video conference for family and office-mate, we can share file and images as well as the private conversation.
ConsHaving multiple chats sometimes the Skype unresponsive but when i restarted the application it runs in smooth.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
July 1, 2018

“The best way to communicate with people”

OverallThis is an awesome communication software so far, it is very useful and efficient.
ProsThanks to this application I am able to communicate with whomever I want everywhere. It is easy to install and use. The video is so clear as well as the audio. Personally this application allows me to contact my family friends and especially my boyfriend. This also allows me to chat and video call at the same time, how cool is that!.
ConsThe application itself is awesome, there are times that I am experiencing errors or application crash, though this is more on with the internet service provider and not the application.
July 1, 2018