Yahoo Small Business Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Yahoo Small Business

Easy-to-use templates, customer activity monitoring, and SEO tools for online retailers to build and optimize their ecommerce store. Learn more about Yahoo Small Business

Jon H.
Senior Minister
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
December 18, 2018

“I think Yahoo Small Business is still trying to figure out what they want to be”

OverallWell, it does give us email service, a domain name, and a website. We've had some issues with it, and there have definitely been times I was ready to scrap it, but I'm coming around more. It used to be that the only free website options offered with the full hosting package (I believe ours is the "Premier" Package) were either low quality or too advanced for my skills. So we have a low quality website. However, they recently changed it, and the really good looking website designs are now available in the full hosting package. I'm pretty thrilled with that...but it means I've got some work to do!
ProsSince I came to Community Christian Church, we've had Yahoo for our web-hosting service (domain, website, and email all included in that). For most of the time, we haven't necessarily had problems. That's the good part. Yahoo email works well. I can access from my phone or desktop. We can also add email addresses for special things, and have it automatically forward to an established email address. For example, we could set up an email address specifically for our missionaries to communicate with us, and it could be sent automatically to our main office email address. It's come in handy a couple times. It also allows us to view our website usage easily, and with great detail.
ConsI've had a lot of frustration on and off with Yahoo Small Business. For one...I don't think they've quite figured out what they want to be. I've been here for four years, and they've had numerous name changes. I think at first it was something like Yahoo Web Hosting, then it turned to Aabaco. Big announcements were made about that. Then it just kind of quietly turned into Yahoo Small Business. But when you log in, the web address is at luminate.com. I just don't get it. There was a day or two that I wasn't getting any emails. Tech support said they applied a fix, and it would be a couple days to see if it worked. It didn't.
December 18, 2018
bianca c.
social media director
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“How many emails is too many? ”

OverallI appreciate the function it serves, just wish it did so a little bit better.
ProsI think this platform makes adding emails simple. It's a straignfoward format. No bells or whistles on the layout, but I don't mind simplicity.
ConsI find that while we have an unlimited email subscription, I often hit roadblocks in the number of aliases assigned to individual users. I al constantly deleting less pertanant aliases in order to make room for new.
October 10, 2018
Malith M.
assistant
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2019

“yahoo small business review”

Overalli have been using yahoo small business for 6 months. I'm doing a small part time business. My sales are increased after using yahoo small business.
Prosyahoo small business is very useful software. There customer support is excellent. 24/7 service. you can create a website easily using it.
ConsThey need to improve the software a bit. it's not the best software.
May 24, 2019
Audree A.
Business Manager
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2018

“Easy to set up mulitple email accounts”

ProsI like that I can have unlimited emails for each branch and individual employees of my firm. There are also multiple help tools for me such as phone number listings, website and social media tools for getting my business noticed
ConsI wish the prompts could be a little more layman in terms so it is easy to get to certain areas without having any true technical experience
September 10, 2018
Construction, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 10, 2019

“Ancient and poor app.”

ProsI liked this application as one of first application are produced for chatting .
ConsThis is poor application it isn't have a lot of options.
April 10, 2019
Joseph P.
LCPC
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
October 18, 2018

“Generic Type of Web Builder”

OverallUsed the website builder & host for short period of time.
ProsYahoo small business is a bundle of software provided by Yahoo. I have only used the website builder & hosting in the past. Like any other web builder, it is fairly simple but could be considered slightly advanced for a new person. It provided more templates than other software. The cost for hosting when I used it was okay/good.
ConsThe older version of Yahoo Small Business web builder is very dated & not as user friendly. Today's prices of the web hosting I have to say is not the best & reliability is questionable.
October 18, 2018
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 11, 2018

“Review on Yahoo”

ProsIt has many features than google incase of viewing global news
ConsIt will take little bit more time to open this tool because of many advertisments.
December 11, 2018