OptiSigns Ratings

Overall

About OptiSigns

$10/mo. Turn any TV into a digital sign and manage remotely from a central dashboard for half the price of leading competitors. Supports formats ranging from images, videos, playlists, Google Slides, Weather, Instagram, Twitter, and gifs. Learn more about OptiSigns

Rafiu A.
Owner/Entrepreneur
May 15, 2018

“Smooth and simplistic, suitable best reliable digital signage application around.”

ProsSimple manage digital uploads over multiple screens. The application offers various digital extension uploads for display across multiple digital screens. Capability to manage each individual display via a central hub; permitting users to control upload and display content from none local source. And offers excellent customer support with regards to technical concerns. Issues requiring attention are immediately addressed by chat or phone less 24 hours or reporting. Also, love the time/scheduling feature; allows the user to schedule signage display time/date/source of content, permitting the user to set automation into effect. Finally, enjoyed the built-in capability to design and edit images/videos for upload permitting user creativity.
ConsPrice per display I believe could (should) be lowered. Though as a first-time user, you're permitted access to the features, free of no charge for the first 7 days access. This can be a hassle for business owners lacking funds to budget this expense but would like to implement a digital touch to his/her business. Also, not too pleased that the displays relay heavily on internet access. For someone running a business from a mobile setting, this can be costly. The individual would have to invest in additional services such as a mobile hot-spot in order to take advantage of such a useful tool.
May 15, 2018
Jessica W.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2019

“Best bang for your buck!”

OverallSo far, it's been pretty great overall! It does what we need it to do for now and it's the best bang for your buck.
ProsI love that I can pre-schedule something to play on the TVs and that I can just drag and drop content onto individual TVs. We have multiple locations and multiple TVs per location, and it was pretty easy to label each TV on the back-end.
ConsThe back-end side where you get to upload content is a bit confusing (at least to me). I wasn't sure if I needed a schedule, a playlist, or an asset (or a combination of all 3!) and I had to change it on the TV settings as well as the actual playlist itself before it would work. It's also a bit clunky to have to download a separate app to get the optisigns app to start without having someone turn on the TV, use the fire stick to select the app. It would be great if it could auto-open the OptiSigns app when the TV turns on so we don't need to have multiple remotes out as we have multiple TVs in multiple stores.
JAMES P.
Technology Chairman
Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees
March 28, 2019

“Performs well but lacks features”

OverallWe are using digital signage as a Bulletin Board for our members. The Ancient Order of Hibernians is an organization for Americans of Irish ancestry. Membership, notices, activities and our event calendar are all displayed on the system. Multiple users, easy of use and content availability were all important issues in picking a digital signage system.
ProsOptisigns performs as advertised with a very user friendly interface. I was able to get my screen up and running in a matter of 10 minutes. There are some minor issues with some the apps you can add to your signs but nothing to prevent a decent digital sign system.
ConsThe biggest weakness is the lack of apps for your screens. In the end, we decided to use ScreenCloud because of the wealth of apps compared to Optisigns. Frankly, the services are almost identical in layout and use. The major exceptions are the greater number of apps with ScreenCloud and the availability of the preview function for apps in ScreenCloud. More apps allows for easier generation of new content for the user and keeps the signs current with less work. Both services need to expand the use of transitions between each piece of content and the appearance of white screens between some apps.
March 28, 2019
Laurie K.
Director of Communications
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“So easy!”

OverallDigital signage in a reception area and advertisements for events.
ProsI loved how quick it was to set up. I am not as techs as others on my crew and I was able to set it up with ease and have had zero issues. It also didn't require a particular device to use and was good for the cost.
ConsJust one issue with the Instagram portion of the app, it scrolls so fast you aren't able to read the captions. We contacted support for help. That one feature hasn't been of us to us yet.
Lee N.
Company Director
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2019

“Good software but could definitely be improved. ”

OverallIt does the job well, easy slides on a normal tv screen. It's reliable and doesn't glitch at all. You do need a decent internet connection of course but good that you can make changes remotely if only you could preview the playlist on your own computer - then it would be better still.
ProsIt's easy to set up. We use an Amazon firestick and the Optisigns app runs smoothly. The social media feeds work well and reliably. We mainly use a Google Slides presentation, which also works well. There are a couple of nice touches, like the ability to import a local weather forecast.
ConsThere is no obvious ability to preview the sign on your own computer or in the browser which means you have to refresh through the screen every time you make a change and then sit around watching the screen until you get to the bit you want to change to ensure everything has worked as you intended it to. Although it was better value than alternatives, it still seems fairly expensive for what it is.

By OptiSigns Inc. on September 30, 2019
Hi Lee, Thank you for your review! We now do have preview feature that you can use directly from the dashboard. Just click Preview button next to the screen name. More detail here: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035739414-How-to-Preview-a-screens
MIKE D.
IT Specialist
Wholesale, 51-200 employees

“Easy Digital Signage”

Overall My overall experience has been extremely satisfying. I no longer have to upload and modify the playlists of our digital signage. It literally took less than 15 minutes to train our 3 branch admins on creating and modifying the playlists. We just ordered 6 more firesticks and will be bringing them online as soon as they are delivered. If you aren't using Optisigns you should be.
Pros I was using a free digital signage solution that was a support nightmare. Started looking for a better way and found Optisigns, and I am glad I did. The setup of the Firesticks and publishing my forms and documents could not be any easier. We are getting ready to add 6 more screens in our three locations. We had some issues with getting Instagram and Twitter feeds going. One email to support and issue was resolved very fast.
Cons I can't think of any cons to this software.
Yessenia S.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
October 28, 2018

“Excellent display signage software!”

OverallOverall it is a great cheap digital signage software. I am really satisfied with it.
ProsIt is a really nice display signage program. We have been using it for a while in our business. We just downloaded the app on our amazon firestick and created the slideshow on the computer and it remotely transmits. Creating the slideshows are really easy, and it is simple to understand.
ConsNot really a con, but sometimes connectivity issues can freeze the slide or log you out of the app.
October 28, 2018
Namrata B.
Design Coordinator
April 29, 2018

“I have downloaded the their APK on multiple screens for last couple of months”

Overallhelped us to be more interactive with our menu changes.
ProsEase to use. It took me 5 mins to launch my menu templates for my stores. Good offers compared to its peers. I have both Android and Amazon FireTV Sticks.
ConsLacking of social media features like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram which I want to connect to engage our followers and friends to recommend our menu to others.
April 29, 2018
Kim B.
HR Manager
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“School Kiosk”

OverallNot so simple to understand at first but customer support was very helpful in a quick response format.
ProsUser friendly, basic functionality is free
ConsLack of compatibility with software products, like iMovie, Power Point, etc. So display abilities are limited.

By OptiSigns Inc. on January 30, 2019
Hi Kim, Thank you for your kind review & feedback. We do support PowerPoint, a how to article here: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016371154 We also support iMovie, you just need to export the movie to .MP4 file here's how: https://www.videosolo.com/tutorials/convert-imovie-to-mp4.html
Gary T.
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
September 20, 2019

“Great value and easy to implement”

OverallThe software package performed well. It was very responsive and would work even if the Internet connection to the signboard client hardware was interrupted.
ProsI was researching multiple companies offering video signboard products and services for a non-profit I volunteer. Many of them only offer a bundled package of hardware and services on a subscription basis. OptiSigns not only allows you the freedom to provide your own hardware (Amazon Fire or Raspberry Pi and your own flat panel TV) they also offer a discount for non-profits. I found it simple to implement and maintain remotely.
ConsI wish OptiSigns supported more apps as plug-ins to their signboard software.
Victoria G.
NA
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“Excellent Product/Service”

OverallExcellent software. I have noticed a renewed interest in many of the projects that had been started but was losing its drive. People are drawn to the production I created with OptiSigns and are asking questions about the projects. It has been amazing. I love OptiSigns!
ProsThis software was extremely user-friendly. I had my advertisement up and running very quickly and easily.
ConsI cannot think of anything that I did not like about this software. From start to finish, it was easy and very helpful.
March 21, 2019
Seth C.
Sales Manager
Retail, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2019

“Worth it for the money”

OverallIf you're looking for a digital signage solution that's not as expensive as the rest, this is it. Very limited on features and very basic interface. But if that's what you're wanting, that's what this is! I have several screens up and am adding more. The few issues I have had have been immediately resolved by customer service which has been more than great! It hasn't crashed during display and has done it's job reliably.
ProsPrice for what you get. About 1/2 the cost of other platforms.
ConsVery basic interface, not a lot of screen options.
Andrew G.
Corporate intern
Construction, 51-200 employees
October 1, 2019

“Optisigns lags behind competition ”

Pros-cloud based management -customer support team is responsive and helpful -fire stick is easy to source and cheap
Cons-cannot manage content effectively: need ability to group players -very simplistic: no ability for custom widgets; no integration with RSS feeds, Tableau, or Power BI -in net present value terms, Optisigns was our companies 3rd option
Raina H.
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Simple and affordable”

OverallRight now I am testing it and really like it.
ProsFirst of all the price is great! I was also impressed with customer service. I called and no once answered, I received a call back within 10 minutes and he was able to help me with all my issues. It's a nice simple program.
ConsHaven't found anything I really dislike yet. Could have a little more explanation on getting started.
Michael E.
Small Business Owner
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 9, 2018

“A flexible front”

OverallI actually kind of like this program, but you need to com3e into it with the right expectations. This software is NOT like ScreenCloud or other programs. It is a simple front for what looks like Google Sign Builder that offers some expanded features that Google doesn't include. This is not a condemnation of the system, but it is something to be aware of. They offer a generous trial period, and contact you during the trial to ensure you don't need assistance. It's flexibility is both a strength and weakness. This is not like other full-featured systems that provide templates, plug-ins, and software to sit directly on your screen. Instead, they provide a simple, powerful interface to upload and display your own custom assets. This is both a blessing and a curse, depending on your skill level and your comfort with creating assets.
ProsThe flexibility of file types, and the ease of scheduling.
ConsSeems like a front for Google Sign Builder.
September 9, 2018
Layne L.
Sr. Territory Account Executive
Publishing, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2019

“Great way to use an Amazon Fire Stick to control monitors”

OverallOverall I think the experience has been good with a few bumps. We have an admin for every dept, so we've all had to learn the program.
ProsI like that the program uses the Amazon Fire Stick with the TVs we use in the office as monitors. I can see how this could be especially helpful for businesses to create customized menus that can change regularly.
ConsIt took me a while to figure out the set up and configure each monitor. There has been some things I haven't been able to figure out yet, but they may be related to issues on our end. I wish that when you linked a gif, it would expand to fill the monitor, right now it shows in a tile on the center. I've also had some issues with adding Youtube videos where the page with the video comes up but doesn't play the video, and then another video will work.

By OptiSigns Inc. on September 26, 2019
Hi Layne, Thank you for your review! You can stretch the GIF images by select "Stretch" option when you assign the GIF to the screen, or in the Playlist's option. Thank you!
Tyler B.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
January 29, 2019

“Great for in house marketing”

OverallI am very happy with Optisigns. It has allowed me to create better relationships with my clients and allow me to get to the next level in my business.
ProsGreat value for the money. This software has allowed me to help several of my restaurant clients improve their in house marketing with promoting their events and specials effectively.
ConsJust a few minor issues have been a bit of a pain. Sometimes the software will kick off on some of the Tvs or not load up and it has to be rebooted. Not sure if an Amazon Firestick issue or if it is part of the optisigns software.
Maggie P.
Coordinator
Construction, 201-500 employees
July 25, 2019

“Easy to Use Tool”

ProsIt is easy to setup and use. We can keep information current and add and remove things quickly. Other programs I looked at had a very in depth setup process that made it cumbersome to make changes. The drag and drop feature is awesome, as is the ability to load schedules so I can plan ahead and not have to be in it daily.
ConsI wish there were more apps already pre-loaded. It would be nice to have more options with the speed controls, but it just takes some tweaking to get where we needed.
July 25, 2019
Sonia E.
Tech Support
May 14, 2018

“ Easy to install, easy to use, excellent quality”

OverallI am able to show the menu on the restaurant area.
ProsIt is pretty easy to use. I had no problems with the installation, it was simple. When uploading the images for the sign was fast and the quality of the image remained the same. I love that I can setup a sign schedule for the day.
ConsThe least thing I liked it was that some files I was not able to upload them because they were to heavy, and I had to modify the size of the files. I was not able to view some clips (video files in mp4 and other formats) I was only able to view jpg or png files.
Saundra B.
Content Creation Specialist
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
September 23, 2019

“Amazing Customer Service & Tutorials”

OverallI was impressed for the reasons above and we will keep OptiSigns on our minds as we choose a digital sign software.
ProsThe customer service for OptiSigns is fast and reliable. I had several questions throughout my trial with OptiSigns and I heard back from them within a day. OptiSigns is growing in features! The tutorials are helpful - providing pages with the most frequently asked questions with helpful pictures.
ConsOptiSigns is still growing with some of their features, such as scheduling content (vs. playlists) and there is a load time for certain apps. However, they are working to improve these things and they are rolling out new features frequently from what I see.
Carmela K.
Marketing
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Optisigns Review”

OverallMy overall experience was a good one. Seriously, thanks to the rep for being so patient.
ProsCustomer Service was awesome and VERY helpful. The rep got back to me super quick too. Once you get the different pages down and the correct sizing of each screen its pretty simple to use
ConsTrying to learn the technology and the correct sizing was a little hard, but the help we got for it made up for the cons. Ithink you could make the sizing screens a little easier to read, even when sending correct measurements.
Alec G.

“Great service ”

ProsEasy to use, affordable, always stable and works great
ConsNothing. It was easy to set up and use.
Brian E.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
March 27, 2019

“Great price and not bloated”

OverallWe are reviewing systems to replace our current one. OptiSigns looks to be a much lower cost alternative to our current solution.
ProsThe software is easy to use and not bloated with tons of useless features.
ConsA little too simplistic. It needs a bit more customization (not much, just a bit).
March 27, 2019
Automotive, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2019

“GOOD PRODUCT. JUST DIDN'T FEED OUR NEEDS”

OverallGood product. Just need more apps and to be more user friendly.
ProsGreat Price. Quick sign up. Free Trial
ConsNot a lot of apps A bit complicated for average user. (I have a degree in computer software management and i found it time consuming)
March 22, 2019
Renee T.
Principal
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2019

“Turned my TV into Digital Signage”

OverallI enjoyed my free trial, and I intend to purchase the software in the future.
ProsI really enjoyed how easy this was to set up.
ConsThere was a slight learning curve to it, and I figured it out by trial and error.
David B.
Technology Manager
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2019

“Great Value for the Money”

OverallOverall, I find OptiSigns to be a great value for what it costs to use. We were paying triple the money for a terrible experience before we found OptiSigns.
ProsThe software is relatively simple to use. I've used other digital signage products in the past and some of them just do not make any sense. OptiSigns is straight-forward and works the way it should.
ConsI do wish that there were more options when it comes to transitioning between assets. Right now, all that is offered is a hard transition between elements. A simple dissolve would be nice.

By OptiSigns Inc. on February 4, 2019
Hi David, Thank you for your review! Transition effects is on our road map and something we are actively working on. For now, you can put your assets in a Google Slide as workaround. It's quite simple to do: https://www.optisigns.com/blog/use-google-slides-with-optisigns Thank you!
Glynn C.
Worship Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 2, 2019

“Easy to use and reliable”

OverallOptiSigns was easy to setup, easy to use and has a great price point. The service is reliable and if you have problems, customer service is very responsive.
ProsThe price, ease of use, customer service
ConsI wish you had the ability to create a playlist of music that would play while the assets rotate playing
July 2, 2019
Rob E.
Director of ops
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“In house ads”

OverallIt's been great and now using it at 4 locations
ProsOptisigns is now our solution to getting information out in front of guests. We run daily and weekly specials on multiple tvs. We use the scheduling feature to make sure we get the most out of each ad.
ConsWe have not found one negative things about optisigns.
September 30, 2019
Willard J.
Internet Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees

“Great product ”

OverallGreat to show out customers what vehicles we are interested in When they come in.
ProsThe product is really easy to use and easy to setup.
ConsThere is nothing that I can think of so far
Dylan C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“OptiSigns Review”

ProsThis is the most affordable digital signage software to run on a fire stick and offer many options.
ConsFunctionality of apps and the scheduling.
Adam C.
Systems Architect
Warehousing, 51-200 employees
March 19, 2019

“Great Option for Easy and Quick Displays”

OverallUsed perfectly to display a rotating set of pages that display KPI to a warehouse floor
ProsNo fuss setup with usable trial out of the box to demonstrate to buying authority it was the right choice.
ConsSome features were not 100% polished and caused errors when setting up the final environment, like the "context menu" in Amazon Fire app
March 19, 2019
Kenny N.
It manager
May 14, 2018

“It is a good app and very easy to install”

ProsIt is easy to start and launch the app. They also provide good customer support. I have tried to contacts couple of times throught emails
ConsThe app is currently lacking of social media links to engage customers. It was very hard for me to utilize social media platforms to engage friends and new customers.
May 14, 2018

“Overall great experience with OptiSigns”

ProsOptiSigns does exactly what I need it to do, minus one feature that is very specific to my business.
ConsThe only con I've found in this software is the ability to manually navigate between signs. This is a feature that I would love, and have been told is going to be implemented. So I can't really consider it a con.
Diane J.
Systems Administrator
Utilities, 51-200 employees

“Digital Signage”

OverallWanted to replace an aging digital display system in our company lobby.
ProsEasy to setup using inexpensive hardware. Trial allowed us to do real world testing in our environment.
ConsYou couldn't easily setup a slide show without using Google Slides. The Google produces don't work with some other products so I wasn't able to use OptiSigns. It would be a great system if you don't need complex screens or if you can use Google products with it. This product doesn't work for us so we didn't purchase it.
Amber S.
Director of Global Experiences
Hospitality, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“Small Business Welcoming System”

ProsWe use this at our entrance TV that sees a lot of foot traffic. I love how I can easily change the playlist to be relevant to what upcoming events are being held. And it easily allows me to welcome guests who have made an appointment!
ConsNothing, it's very easy to use and change!
Doug G.
sales
Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“a solid product”

ProsI like the ability to change content quickly
ConsI wish it were more affordable large scale.
July 16, 2019
Justin H.
Marketing Specialist
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
June 17, 2019

“Store Signage Made Easy”

ProsThe software is VERY easy to setup and use, i have two screens set up and running with our promotional ads in less then an hour!
ConsThe "scheduled" option wasn't syncing with our timezone, so we just opted to keep the ads running at all times and turn the tv's off at the end of the day.
June 17, 2019
maria c.
June 11, 2019

“Optisign”

Overalli have looking online for a long time and this is by far the best price and software for this
Prosthe software is very easy to use and pretty self explanatory, very easy to unload and save
Consif they had frames that we could work with would be great like i would like to do my nmenu but no frames to start with
June 11, 2019
Phil J.
Network Engineer
Defense & Space, 201-500 employees

“Not sure yet.”

OverallStill demoing this software.
ProsEasy to upload media content. Price is great.
ConsAdd screen feature should have the download available when clicking add screen. Had to go back out to main site to find client player software. No place to view digital signage after done editiing.

By OptiSigns Inc. on September 23, 2019
Hi Phil, Thank you for the feedback. We actually do have Preview feature now, you can just click Preview button before making assignment to the screen. Here's more details: https://support.optisigns.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035739414
Mike M.
Branch Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Review”

OverallIt has made it easier to communicate important information to my team.
ProsPrice and easy setup. Like the fact that i could use a Amazon Fire Stick to set this up.
ConsWish it would auto update when i update my files on my computer vs. having to upload daily.
Dakota M.
Creative Director
Design, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“My OptiSigns Experience”

ProsThe software itself is user-friendly, straight forward and easy to understand. The price point for me is the most attractive aspect of it.
ConsI wish there was a little more control in regard to creating Schedules, and reviewing exactly what is displaying in a screen. Currently, I struggle with just having to assume a screen has been updated that I cannot see. There is nothing in place that confirms this for me in real-time.
September 24, 2019
Collin N.
General Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 4, 2019

“New screens for convention center hotel”

Overallvery easy to set up and use.
ProsI love how easy it is to upload content and the scheduling function is phenominal
ConsI wish there were more apps or widgets, like a header bar for the top and a dynamic widget for weather or scrolling news at the bottom
August 4, 2019
Lead digital strategist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“Digital Signage”

OverallGreat price, no issues so far (3 months use)
ProsEasy to use website and simple to categorize content
ConsCan't see screen in real time through website. I wish I could separate content by more than just playlist and separate playlists by companies
July 9, 2019
Emma I.
Executive Assistant
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
September 21, 2019

“learning curve”

ProsOnce you learn how to utilize optisigns it is very easy to update and change your content on the screens
ConsLearning curve- some of the social media walls are hard to customize as well.
September 21, 2019
John A.
Principal
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
July 3, 2019

“I needed a solution - Optisigns provided it”

Overallthe perfect solution for us.
ProsEase of use for non-IT people. I don't need to hire anyone to write code. If you can navigate the web, you can use this.
ConsI'd like remote feed viewing in my dashboard.
July 3, 2019
Maegan D.
Construction, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“Great value, easy to use!”

OverallWe enjoy showing the technician scoreboard to keep them informed and on track.
ProsEase of use when uploading files, pics, etc.
ConsNot being able to view the content from my computer prior to "publishing".
John A.
managing partner
Restaurants, 11-50 employees

“Good digital signage”

OverallGood to work with willing to help
ProsCost is better than some others, granted less features too, but good value for the money.
ConsSwitching schedules is a little glitchy sometimes. Does not restart automatically.
Russell K.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
December 4, 2018

“Ease of use”

OverallIt has been great so far, was very easy to get it set up right away and start using it in my office
ProsEasy to use, not very complicated to get it set up and working on our TV
ConsNot as much customization for templates.
December 4, 2018
Marc F.
July 11, 2018

“Positively professional, ,makes such a difference to our customers perception of our business!”

ProsAbility to amend and control displays remotely. Dynamic content and range of content types supported.
ConsOften takes time to update new content when uploaded to cloud, not the most stable of app interfaces.
July 11, 2018
Greg F.
Program Direc
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees
September 16, 2019

“A good overall program”

ProsIt is fairly easy to use. Updates instantly.
ConsSometimes parts don't work correctly. The apps are hit and miss if they actually work. I can't get at least one file to load at all.
September 16, 2019