MediaRadar Ratings

Overall

About MediaRadar

Find great prospects, know who makes their buying decisions, deliver a compelling pitch and win more business using MediaRadar. We have the most relevant data, insights, and advice that you need to increase revenue now, alongside our award-winning Customer Service team built to help you win. Ready to see how MediaRadar will help you take your business to the next level? Learn more about MediaRadar

Alexandra S.
Director, Research & Brand Strategy - Harper's BAZAAR
April 25, 2018

“I've had an overall positive experience with MediaRadar for the 5+ years I've used it. ”

ProsMediaRadar is easy to use and very intuitive. New sales assistants are quick to learn how to pull reports. It provides information that's instrumental to the selling of our brand.
ConsThere are a few places within Edit Credits where I different report output would be helpful --  When trying to pull the number of category (i.e. jewelry) credits across the competitive set, you have to pull each book separately. It would be incredibly helpful if a screen appeared similar to when you're searching for a specific brand's credits (i.e. Cartier) and it lists the titles with the number of credits in parenthesis. When searching for a specific brand's credits within our magazine, it would be helpful to have an on-screen visual of every credit (on one page). It would be so much easier to search for a specific credit than to click through each on individually.
Michael C.
Regional Director - Marketing & Advertising
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2018

“It's definitely a very user Friendly Product, which is indeed extremely important...!”

OverallSince the beginning stages of using the product all of our Reps Nation Wide have increased their sales, & it is indeed a direct result from having this product as a Sales Tool, & it's well worth the Money.
ProsIt's certainly a Quality Product & the Customer Support behind it is outstanding...!! We've been using the Product for about 2 years now, & it has helped us tremendously & I have increased my Sales efforts as a direct result from using the Product.
ConsIt's a bit costly, but in the long run, it's well worth the Money...! When out Team first put out the money for the program we were not sure if we could justify the cost, but now we are realizing the cost was definitely worth it, & the results are the proof...!
Rocky K.
southeast ad sals
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
April 25, 2018

“easy fast and efficent when looking up prospects and ad spending history”

Overallit opens the doors to new potential advertisers quickly and efficently
Prosease of use on all types of devices, the ability to find contacts as well as phone numbers for all levels of individuals engaged in ad buying decision making process. The ability to find agencies as well is a big help.
ConsIt currently does not have small regional ads that run outside of the Northeast region. if this service were offered I would rate the product 5 stars. Easy to use and very efficient. no other draw backs known at this time.
GEORGE G.
April 27, 2018

“Easy to use, lots of useful info”

OverallHelps with sales, identifying prospects, makes for targeted proposals using MR info
ProsContact info; competitive spending for print and digital; able to see creative; insight info to use for proposals
ConsLiked the old format where (on print) you could see creative and where it ran - easier to view. Also liked it better when viewing where ads were placed it showed inside competitive set and outside - now I am seeing just one report.
April 27, 2018
Irene G.
Integrated Sales Director
April 25, 2018

“Always very helping and a great way to get the information I need”

OverallIt's great for prospecting business and also finding out where my clients are spending their media dollars
ProsIt is easy to access the information that I need such as finding contacts, market share and the activity a client has for the time of quarter that I'm looking for.
ConsSometimes the contact information isn't up to date or current for either the client or advertisers business. Also sometimes it take a long time to retrieve a report
Nick S.
Director of Brand Partnerships
Online Media, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Smooth user experience, and an invaluable tool for the team”

ProsProduct design is very user-friendly, and easily digestible. The information provided daily is very useful from both a team and management perspective, and it compliments more manual systems that we already have in place.
ConsSometimes slightly outdated contact information. Could be improved with better accuracy in this regard, but is par for the course as there is always a lot of turnover in agency land.
Alexandra R.
April 25, 2018

“MediaRadar is my go-to for quick overview of brands and advertisers.”

ProsI like that I can easily view all creative, and where it's running. It gives me a quick overview of what my competitors are getting vs me. I also really like that you can create different competitive lists.
ConsUpdates on client names and titles are at times behind real-time changes. In certain instances, it has been over a year that a client has moved off the business, but is still listed under contacts in MediaRadar.
Kim K.
Admin Assistant
Automotive, 5001-10,000 employees

“Very Easy to use.”

ProsMedia Radar makes it very easy to look up ads, which I do daily. Media Radar seems to have updated ads daily more so then Kantar.
ConsI would like to learn how to run report more. It would be beneficial to join a training seminar if they had any. The one thing I don't like is when I am looking up ads such as Chevy Traverse I wish I could have all Chevy products to the one page when searching for ads not making a report.
Cynthia M.
Advertising Director
April 25, 2018

“Use it daily. Couldn't do my job without it. Fantastic customer support. ”

ProsLove the opportunity to get Contacts. Love tear sheets to see what the competition is doing and learn where a company is located. Love edit credit reports. Love seeing the creative. Love seeing a company's print schedule.
ConsEdit credit reports are often tricky to get what I want. Can't always figure out how to just show 1 title's edit credits with examples.
CJ C.
Director Brand Partnerships
April 25, 2018

“I use MediaRadar daily for prospecting and locating contacts”

OverallTerritory Reports, Category Reports, Contacts!
ProsPulling territory prospecting reports and category reports and then having the ability to click directly onto the contacts and email them
ConsThere is one little problem in running a territory report. In other words, if someone works on an account and that account is based in TN, but the agency contact is based in CA, it will still pull the CA contacts too.
Brian Q.
Advertising Director
April 23, 2018

“MR is a great resource, I use it nearly every business day. Staff is very responsive, when needed”

ProsIf researching print, MR is very reliable. The list of companies measured is impressive. Overall the software is fairly easy to use.
ConsI often find contacts are not up to date, which I understand may be tough to do with a dynamic industry. Also, the online data is also not very reliable and does not offer a complete picture of what a marketer may be doing in the marketplace.
Sue W.
Publishing, 1001-5000 employees
April 23, 2018

“I miss having the ease of Contacts but I know that's my company's no longer paying for this service.”

OverallEasy to use, help always available and very useful tool for my trade.
ProsAbility to easily and efficiently look up where brands ran both on print and digital. When doing precalls - Media Radar is good for at least 50% of the materials I need.
ConsIf I'm reaching - b/c it's fairly straight forward - it'd be inserts are counted as pages, whereas we don't include them in the share of market. No biggie though.
chloe s.
account manager
May 3, 2018

“really great! love this site”

OverallMany benefits like looking at our competitors pages and having an organized system. i also really love how you can view suggested companies and the pitch is awesome too.
ProsI love how all the companies working with our competitors are laid out in front of you. It makes it so easy to prospect.
ConsA suggestion would be to make it easier to print an ad. It is hard to print an ad after you click into it.
May 3, 2018
Gary G.
Account Executive
April 25, 2018

“Media Radar has been extremely helpful in helping me to secure contact information and see what clie”

OverallContacts, Demos, pitch strategy
ProsVery easy to use. All inclusive information The pages include demographic information, information on competitors and similar advertisers. Also ideas on approach to pitching
ConsNo Concierge service for small or very local accounts. This would be an important addition since we deal with a lot of small to medium size accounts also.
Shaun B.
VP Media
April 25, 2018

“I utilize MediaRadar almost daily because it provides crucial & current information quickly”

OverallMakes our company a more valuable resource for clients
ProsEase of use, multiple data points , up to date contacts, sample creative and instantaneous reports that are tagged with my company logo and I can share with clients straightaway
ConsSmaller or newer companies don't always appear in searches but if I check back at a later date most times those companies are available
Michele P.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Internet, 1001-5000 employees

“A Great Tool ”

ProsSo easy to use and navigate - I use this on a daily basis to help plan for a call and to prospect. It helps me to know what they have done in the past and what I can do to get my foot in the door.
ConsOverall its easy to use - still has a few bugs to work out - once in a while I will get inaccurate info but that is to be expected. Overall its a great tool
Rita W.
Southeast Sales Director
April 23, 2018

“The product is very easy to use and essential to my business”

OverallI explained earlier - I used it for preparing reports for call prep for my clients.
ProsIt helps me to pull competitive information at the click of a button and provide direction for my pitch
ConsThere are not many cons. I supposed that it would be helpful to have the print + digital integrated snapshot a little bit more flushed out & easier to read with digital spend
Kelly B.
Assoc Publisher
April 25, 2018

“Fabulous, fast, invaluable daily resource”

ProsEase and speed are the two main things that come first to mind. It is very intuitive. I enjoy working with this software on a daily basis. Thanks!
ConsThe only cons I would have likely reflect more on my team, such as accounts that are not assigned to the correct person. Again, that is not really a reflection on the software.
Cameron C.
Sales Account Manager
April 25, 2018

“Quick, easy and seamless”

OverallIt makes my life easier in the media sales world.
ProsThe direct contact information and all of the competitive sets are very accessible and easy to track down.
ConsSometimes the information isn't updated as quickly as I would like. And sometimes the information is off due to scent strips, other than that I do not have a problem with Media Radar.
Martin J.
Ad Services Manager
April 25, 2018

“MediaRadar is an invaluable resource to my sales and marketing team. ”

ProsThe depth of information is priceless. In years past, you would need to visit several different sources to get the scope of information that MediaRadar provides.
ConsThere is very little that I do not like. Sometimes when there are updates, it takes me a little while to find the information that I am looking for, but eventually I do.
Beverly A.
Integrated Sales Director
Publishing, 1001-5000 employees
April 25, 2018

“MediaRadar is an invaluable tool in my sales efforts”

Prosease of use. ability to get contact information, competitive reports, market share info, etc. I also use it to look at campaign creative, and the perfect pitch, to investigate brand targets.
ConsI have to keep signing on multiple times per day. Often the contact information is not correct, or the agency information hasn't been updated.
Brian K.
April 25, 2018

“All in all, I like it, but some functionality isnt intuitive”

ProsMedia Radar has all of the info I need. I use contacts and account reviews most often. Prospecting reports are also helpful.
ConsNot as easy to navigate as it should be. Reports are tough to know what you're getting. I dont know why clicking contacts on navigation on different screens takes me to different places in the site.
Shirley W.
Senior Account Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 23, 2018

“Advertising sales for international media. ”

OverallMedia contacts and snapshot of the advertiser's advertising history.
ProsOur company specializes in international media. We target US companies that has budgets from the US but advertises international. We utilize MediaRadar to gain access to the media contacts and understand their advertiser's advertising history. So far MediaRadar has provide quite up to date on the active and major companies in the US. And it has helped us save the work and time from cold calling each company.
ConsSo far MediaRadar has all contacts and history of the US major brands that has been actively advertising. I wish it could include disruptor companies.
Kim S.
April 23, 2018

“The MediaRadar team is always ready to help to provide solutions!”

ProsI like it that I can easily search for a client/agency in a most timely fashion. I use MediaRadar on a daily basis and use it as a prospecting tool as well!
ConsSometimes the contacts are not updates in the most timely of fashion making it a little difficult to provide the most updates information to my management~
Jeff S.
Assoc. Publisher

“Very usefull”

ProsThe extensive data base and the ease of use to search through it makes it easier to do research on potential clients
ConsIt isn't always easy to go back and forth between one account and another. You always have to start form the beginning. Hard to make comparisons without opening another browser window.
David G.
1001-5000 employees
April 25, 2018

“Mediarader is the ultimate tool to understand the competitive landscape!”

Prosease of use, real time tracking, flexibility with reporting. overall this is a must have tool to get the sales edge. i love the print and on-line functionality
Consoverall not many cons. i do wish we can get the excel reporting back by magazine and brand type as that was something very valuable
April 23, 2018

“MediaRadar is an invaluable resource for ad sales activity. Contact information is great to have!”

ProsThe most valuable information is contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers. We all know ad sales is a numbers game and MediaRadar enables you to send out emails to multiple contacts on the same account, so you're virtually sure to get a response from someone to initiate a conversation!
ConsI would like more information on the target audience. Currently MediaRadar provides an income target but not much more.
Jim R.
National Sales
April 23, 2018

“Great information, wonderful customer service”

OverallI usually can find the right person at the company or agency that I am prospecting for.
ProsEase of use and the breadth of information. I enjoy that I can log on and pretty much find anything that I need.
ConsI wish there were better ways to incorporate and merge the information right into my insightly database.
Charlotte M.
Sales Manager
April 25, 2018

“Depend on MediaRadar daily”

ProsContact info: Names, address, phone #'s, email address of primary media contacts for advertising. It does more and more as it improves month by month
ConsThere are no real cons. Sometime I need contacts for certain companies and their advertising spend isn't enough.
Jessica F.
Regional Sales Manager
Design, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2018

“I found MediaRadar to be very helpful in identifying key prospects in my categories and territory”

OverallThe information provided by MediaRadar helps identify key prospects and the current activity of those prospects as well as tips for pitching programs to these companies.
ProsThe software is easy to use, responsive and moves quickly. I'm able to pull up Power Prospecting Reports that are comprehensive and assist when planning my sales trips during the year. It's helpful to see the ads that are featured in the competitor's magazines.
ConsSometimes I have trouble finding specific information for accounts. My company might want to consider paying for information about digital program as well as the print programs.
Nadine T.
Sales Coordinator
April 25, 2018

“I have used MediaRadar for several years, and I am always happy with the updates and new features. ”

ProsI am happy with the competitive reporting I am able to supply our sales team. Great tool for helping sales team map out trips/visits to clients.
ConsIn our industry, it is sometimes tricky to identify divisions, causing some difficulties in assigning sales territories.
Paul M.
Director, Business Development
April 25, 2018

“Excellent media placement overview”

ProsProvides full overview of clients' & prospects' advertising placement & creative. Facilitates competitive pitch via ad creative.
ConsCurrent iteration requires more time to access needed features. It would be helpful to return to the full recent ad creative view.
Madelaine D.
Business Operations Manager
Media Production, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Great! Very helpful but not always totally accurate.”

OverallCompetitive information that helps to inform business decisions.
ProsWe love the prospecting reports and the market share reports. They are super helpful to our business and provide a lot of unique insight that is hard to find. The customer service team and the outreach team are also wonderful to work with!
ConsThe reports are not always accurate so we often feel we have to take the info with a grain of salt. For instance, sometimes we will see a few programmatics and barters pop up when we ran a report for "direct advertisers" only. Also, the monetary value that advertisers spent within our competitive set are not accurate numbers.
Andre J.
Regional Director
April 25, 2018

“Great way to [prospect ”

OverallI get direct contact with exactly who i am prospecting to. I don't have to waste time searching at all. Media Radar can be used for any Marketing Company in the world.
Prosease of use. I love the act i can log in and start getting to work. Everyday I can set up and prepare for the following day with simple to use list generation and have a more detailed plan for the day.
Constool bar when drill down search. I use the software to prospect everyday. Although i don't really nk this a problem with the tool bar i just think if there was one thing i could change it would be that.
David W.
VP
April 25, 2018

“very useful tool in a wide variety of ways”

Prosthe depth and level of information in multiple areas it provides, along with the automated reports it send and updates too!
ConsOne thing that can be frustrating at times is the amount of time it will take something to load or move from tab to tab
Jeff K.
Senior Director, Ad Sales
April 25, 2018

“Robust platform with great information and updated often”

ProsGreat to drill down to Online, Native, and more. Shows current ad creatives. Agency and direct client contact info.
ConsSome smaller companies have no detailed contact information. Some information such as programmatic vs direct isn't always accurate.
11-50 employees
April 25, 2018

“Has helped me generate leads and new business for our company, cannot say enough good things.”

OverallLead generation, new potential prospects, and several closed won deals
ProsInsight into advertising trends year over year, not just the current issue of what is running. I also appreciate that you can hunt by vertical and by territory, as our organization must use both in our sales approach
ConsSometimes I do not feel like I understand the full scope of the capabilities, more trainings and such would be nice.
John B.

“Great!”

ProsThe organization is very good. Gives a lot of valuable information on prospective clients which allows us to prepare.
ConsVery few to report. Every once in a while I will find a publication that is not on Media Radar but usually not for long.
Leslie W.
Sales Director
April 25, 2018

“most used tool for sales”

Prosrange of information available is extremely useful to me on a daily basis. We use this for prospecting and call prep regularly
Conssometimes slow processing - when I need to move from screen to screen, sometimes takes a long time to process
LA R.
Ad Sales Coordinator
April 23, 2018

“Great tool to save time on prospecting!”

OverallSaves me time.
Pros"Request a contact" button. I also like the insider tips box that gives tips on who the appropriate contacts are for specific categories.
ConsSome accounts are not allowed to request a contact or some accounts have outdated contacts in them. Would be nice to have an accurate data but I understand that there must be a lot of accounts to deal with to keep track of updating contacts.
Diane H.
April 23, 2018

“Been using Media Radar for several years-great tool to reach marketing execs ”

ProsInformation is provided quickly and accurately. I also like receiving timely updates about changes in the organization
ConsI would love to see expansion on job titles, e.g. Human Resources, Public Relations, Communications contacts
Christie c.
Brand Partnerships
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
April 23, 2018

“mediaradar has come a long way, I find it much more accurate on agency and client contacts and tips”

ProsI like the access to Agency and client contacts and aggregated news coverage and information on the overall business.
ConsMediaRadar does not analyze audio space, would be helpful to have information as it relates to audio teams/strategies etc.
Mandy G.
Head of Sales
April 25, 2018

“Media Radar is great, the service is top notch and it's accurate the majority of the time. ”

ProsMedia Radar is great, the service is top notch and it's accurate the majority of the time. I really appreciate the ease of use and the accuracy.
ConsThe pricing model still makes no sense to me. When we signed on, one of the advantages they touted was that received unlimited seats. As a small publisher - I'm not sure why I need to pay for the same usage as say a company the size of the NY Times. We really only need 1-2 log ins (we only have 1 sales person currently). This is unfortunately a cost they may be prohibitive in our renewing.
Lydia S.
Advertising Sales Manager
Publishing, 201-500 employees
April 25, 2018

“Helps me track what is happening in the field and where people are spending money, products purchase”

OverallHelp me to be a better sales person and see the wants/needs of current and potential advertisers
ProsAble to determine where/which products are being purchased and the frequency. See who is spending with the competition and how often.
ConsSome of the reports are hard to manage. I have a hard time figuring out which areas to click to get the most accurate information I need to help generate reports
Kristen N.
Online Media, 11-50 employees
April 25, 2018

“I use MediaRadar everyday and would not be able to get the contacts I need without it.”

OverallAble to find more insights on brands and who their competitors are.
ProsThe easy access to contacts. Although for some brands there are too many contacts. If there was a way to break it down by teams that would be awesome.
ConsHow brands still have pages even though they aren't large enough for Mediaradar's service. They just shouldn't have one if they are to small to have access to.
April 25, 2018

“I love being able to find marketing contacts and key decision makers. ”

ProsBeing able to connect with them directly on LinkedIN and having access to their email addresses and phone numbers.
ConsI don't have any major cons, except at times marketing contacts are not updated in a timely manner.
bill G.
sales
April 25, 2018

“An invaluable tool for prospecting and expectation management”

ProsHelps me identify companies that actually spend money? Too often I chase after companies that appear to be a good fit for my solutions, but later find that they just don't spend marketing dollars.
ConsNavigation could be a tad easier. Can be quite clunky when trying to find overall activity. Also would like to see the competitive set expanded to include more direct competitors.
11-50 employees
April 23, 2018

“I use MediaRadar on a very consistent basis and find it extremely helpful and easy to use .”

OverallI use the software to get information about brands and their advertising trends, spend, etc. I also use it to get contact information from various brands to use for my outreach.
ProsI like the ease of finding information about brands and companies such as media spend, area of spend, etc. I also love the Power Reports feature. It makes it easy to filter results based on what I'm looking for.
ConsThere are a lot of things I like about the software, and not much I don't like. The only issue I run into is the database not having contacts for certain brands sometimes.
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Simple and easy to user UX/UI that allows me to quickly find contacts and spending habits of clients”

ProsContact list is up to date. Digital spending is broken up into direct and programmatic which helps in identifying brands to go after.
ConsHonestly, there is nothing that I believe needs to be immediately fixed or resolved. Just continue to evolve the product and ability to capture accurate spends across digital, video, social, and native.
Sam P.
April 25, 2018

“easy to use, navigate and pull information to overview and detailed information ”

Prosbeing able to pull different types of reports, like missed business. I'm able to see how where a client is running for both digital and print, that you see how many pages plus average revenue company is spending with each
Consthere isn't a way to set up a comp set list for a few magazines, it has to be done individually for each magazine, you can't select several magazines to see how a client is advertising within those magazines or in their comp set.