DiscoverOrg Ratings

Overall

About DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg is the leading global marketing and sales intelligence tool used by 4,000 of the world's fastest growing companies to accelerate growth. The company itself has been named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company for the past 8 years, and is consistently recognized as the most accurate provider of B2B sales and marketing data. Learn more about DiscoverOrg

August 20, 2019

“Massive Database repository, with the best features and functionalities!”

OverallWe move to the best platform, our sales/marketing team has achieve the best results. Database is critical for all your initiatives, efforts supporting sales. Our sales team efforts were reduced with accurate data and turn around time was reduced. Marketing campaigns were huge success.
ProsI like the OPS chart, this is incredible. I can go through the entire hierarchy and make me sound familiar to the prospect. Custom filters are amazing and the tag for favorite does save a lot of time. The acquisition of Zoominfo is a great move!!
ConsI am very satisfied using DiscoverOrg yet to come across any least satisfying capability. I can recommend for better training programs around the platform as it has so many things!
August 20, 2019
Valerie P.
Project Lead
Computer Software, Unspecified
June 13, 2018

“I've been using DiscoverOrg with one of my consulting clients.”

OverallIntelligence on our existing prospects and their companies using the Opps Alerts feature. Also, we were able to gather new prospects using that feature and the Advanced Search option. We were able to fill in some of the blanks in our Salesforce data, which was outdated to begin with. This product is a game changer. My only con was the issue with setting up and how long it took to get a unique bug to our Salesforce org fixed. If that had been a little faster, this would be a 10/10
ProsDiscoverOrg has a wealth of information at your fingertips. There are a lot of items you can filter and query by, so you can be as specific as you'd like. So far, the information has been accurate and they continue to innovate with new features for their customers to use. This has really allowed us to intelligently market and sell to our prospects.
ConsWe had some trouble with connecting DiscoverOrg to Salesforce - there was a bug within the code and it took me a lot of time and effort to escalate my case through their support team. I am not a developer by any means, so I was unable to assist in solving the issue. Once we got it working (two weeks from buying the product) it has been great.
June 13, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 1001-5000 employees
March 28, 2019

“DiscoverOrg helps to know the exact decision maker”

OverallSales targets are achieved easily. Number of sales qualified leads and marketing qualified leads are increased and more deals are closed using DiscoverOrg. AMB campaigns delivered successfully.
ProsThe best part about DiscoverOrg is if the company has 50 IT managers globally, it helps us to know who reports to whom and whom should we reach directly. It avoids the chain on calling various non related people. Direct contact numbers are available with the right email address which helps us to deliver successful email campaigns.
ConsAt times the direct contact numbers and the email address are wrong but that can be accepted as no one can give the information which is 100% right
Sr. Research Analyst
May 1, 2019

“One of the best database and information platform. I love it.”

OverallI am using DiscoverOrg on a daily basis and found it really helpful while searching for target accounts and contacts. I like its huge amount of the database of the North America region. DiscoverOrg provides data and important information with accuracy, for example, their direct phone numbers, Emails and internal information about target accounts and very relevant and accurate.
ProsI like its huge amount of data and accurate information about target accounts and contacts for prospecting and on the other hand, I like the direct numbers for this platform of a particular contact which is 99% correct.
ConsThere is only one thing that is DiscoverOrg price is a little bit high compared to another platform.
May 1, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 5, 2019

“Good Data is hard to find”

OverallWe purchased enterprise level data for C-Suite, and IT. We expanded for SMB but that data was lacking. We did deal alerts as well as Sales Quaified Opportunities.
ProsHigh quality data is hard to find because it's ever changing and requires time to keep it updated. I do not know many that can consistently have over 80% contact information accurate. Discover Org does this very well for it's enterprise customers. Probably the best I've seen.
ConsSome of the alerts aren't very accurate as they use surveys that can be misinterpreted. I didn't have good luck with their Sales Qualified Opportunities even though they would replace any where data was not accurate. After a while it became too diffucult to keep exchanging leads. Their small business data is lacking.
September 5, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
April 3, 2019

“DiscoverOrg Review”

OverallDiscoverOrg is a great prospecting tool for sellers looking to target a specific job role or function across a variety of companies. You will be able to get accurate contact info in order to run a sales campaign to a target audience.
ProsI really like the ability to create and pull contact lists through the website. It will quickly convert large contact lists into an excel document, which is helpful when running campaigns. The contact information tends to be updated frequently and usually is accurate.
ConsSome companies contact lists are fairly limited and higher level decision makers have their contact information repressed. Also some companies can not be found on the site so you don't always get what you are looking for.
April 3, 2019
Adam B.
Marketing Operations Manager
October 6, 2016

“Give your Sales Reps the Upper Hand”

OverallDiscoverOrg has been of extreme value for our company in general and our reps specifically. It has allowed our reps to quickly see the chain of command in the company they're looking at, which leads to a more strategic sales initiative. Being able to bring in technology data allows for better targeting efforts as well. Lastly, their Customer Support has been a positive experience as they are always on top of any tickets we submit and typically help us solve them immediately.
ProsSeeing company hierarchies and the ability for our reps to get email updates on any changes within the companies our reps are looking at.
ConsIf the lead that we are importing already exists in our system, it's difficult to see that combined with the imported ones in SFDC. This makes it difficult to add all desired leads into nurture campaigns.
Recommendations to other buyersn/a
October 6, 2016
July 16, 2019

“Expensive but accurate information”

ProsInformation was accurate and up to date more often than competing products in my personal experience. This allows us to create mail merges and targeted lists for our business development representatives. We view DiscoverOrg as an essential piece to our sales machine.
ConsPrice is a little much but you get what you pay for.
Tanner W.
Account Development Rep
April 25, 2019

“Vital in a sales role, could use some training on the thing”

OverallI can absolutely attribute my successes at work to DiscoverOrg.
ProsIncredibly valuable to have so much information at your fingertips. Has opened up sales opportunities to me that I never would have been able to find otherwise. Very robust - almost to a fault.
ConsRobust to a fault -- I feel like there is so much data in DO but it's not clear enough how to use it. Working in sales, you're in different tools all day and don't have a ton of time to devote to getting proficient in all the things DO can do.
April 25, 2019
Dan W.
SDR
March 28, 2018

“Great way to find new leads”

ProsDiscoverOrg is a great tool to keep track of target accounts. Their information is very up to date and syncs into Salesforce very easily. They monitor trigger events (company moves, funding, new projects) and can notify you when one of your accounts is mentioned which is very useful.
ConsI don't have many cons about DiscoverOrg. It does what it needs to do and does it well. I guess one thing would be that the user interface could use a modern overhaul but that's it.
March 28, 2018
Adam B.
Marketing Ops Manager
June 10, 2017

“DiscoverOrg is a great solution with great people”

ProsThe SFDC sync works really well and provides our Sales team with an easy way of bringing high level leads into our system. Since they acquired iProfile, their EMEA dataset has improved greatly. Real time triggers are very helpful.
ConsIt would be nice if it was easy to find like companies to ones you're searching. Also, while they do have a great deal of higher level positions, DiscoverOrg isn't the greatest if working bottom up. We work top down in general, but it would still be nice to have an exhausted database for all the IT professionals in a company. Many times we have to use LinkedIn to target the lower level professionals.
June 10, 2017
September 10, 2019

“Great Prospecting Tool for Mass Contact Exports”

OverallDiscoverOrg has been beneficial to my sales process and my ability to get thru event prospecting so much faster than before. I have more time to actually contact prospects, instead of spending days searching for them. DiscoverOrg is also very very user friendly, it is so easy to navigate and utilize without any prior training or exposure.
ProsUnlike some competitors, there is no limit to how many contacts I can export from a list match. When I am pulling hundreds of contacts for events, I can match to company names/websites and then filter my company, employee, location, etc. parameters. It makes acquiring hundreds of contacts so much faster than when we didn't have it.
ConsDiscoverOrg has been most beneficial for mass exports. When I am doing for targeting prospecting, some information can be missing or inaccurate, not always, but sometimes. For the most part I get all the necessary information I need, but may have to retrieve missing contact info from elsewhere.
September 10, 2019
Barshawn H.
Sales Development Rep
June 27, 2017

“Easy, Direct, Accurate”

OverallVisibility of org charts, Project and needs triggers, technology usage information
ProsI like the layout of the dashboard and how easy it is to navigate from search functions to org charts. I use Discover.org everyday for the latest in org charts and triggers.
ConsSometimes the accuracy can be off a tad, but it's usually be one offs. I also think that I can find out more companies in territory through LinkedIn than I can with discover.org
June 27, 2017
May 3, 2019

“Great asset to have in any organization”

OverallMost of the information downloaded and listed are accurate. Our organization has been able to grow our CRM and book of business now that we have access to many more organization s and contact to reach out too.
ProsUser friendly and simple designed platform. I like the scoops and financial search features for each organization. Being able to export an organization employee list for CRM and mail merges.
ConsThe price can be expensive depending on how many licenses you get but worth the money.
May 3, 2019
Kegan L.
DSR
August 9, 2019

“Find what you need”

ProsIt is so easy to use. Gives me way more info then I expected. It helped me understand how to sell better and how to talk with people in different orgs within the company.
ConsHonestly nothing. It works amazing! Dont change a thing.
August 9, 2019
Nathan H.
Account Development Rep
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
June 26, 2019

“Amazing”

OverallDO is helping us strategically prospect accounts. Do to us having a very complex territory system, DO has made it very easy with ListMatch and uploading a CSV.
Pros-Being able to bulk upload prospects -See an organizational chart to strategically prospect -Receive Opportunity Alerts and inside Scoop information -Great customer success team
Cons-Info can be outdated -Sometimes can be overwhelming because the tool is so powerful
June 26, 2019
April 26, 2018

“I couldn't do my job without it!”

ProsThis software is amazing. I've been a user since before the Rainking acquisition and DiscoverOrg has made the platform complete and amazing.
ConsI do not have any negative comments. The info is spot on and when it isn't they are quick to remedy.
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
March 6, 2019

“DiscoverOrg Company and Employee Data Accurracy”

OverallWhile DiscoverOrg helps with prospecting and finding emails and titles, it also created more problems because I have to spend more time on other platforms or website to find the accurate information for my prospecting. Overall, I am not satisfied.
ProsThe thing I liked the most of this product is that you can find the company profile information (employee number, revenue, emails etc.) to make prospecting and outreach for sales easier.
ConsThe thing that I like least about this software is the lack of of accuracy with the company data. This is frustrating becuase the 80% of the time that I use this to gather prospects, I have found that the employee count, Annual revenue, LinkedIn profiles, and other crucial titles are inaccurate and are not up to date on the current employees that are new or have moved to other positions. This has made my work take longer to do and have to always look at other platforms like LinkedIn, or owler to find the most up to date employees, revenue and employee count and so on.
March 6, 2019
August 20, 2018

“Discover More”

ProsVery easy to use, salesforce intergration makes my life so much easier than other solutions
ConsMore direct lines would be a plus but it doesnt take away from the usefulness of the solution.
August 20, 2018
LYNN S.
RSM
July 25, 2019

“DiscoverOrg”

ProsDiscoverOrg is a help in finding contacts within an organization, including their email, etc. I use it to help with email & marketing events. Plus, it helps to provide me with different contacts within our customers to get deeper & wider within the account.
ConsHard to keep all the contact information for so many companies up to date.
July 25, 2019
May 12, 2018

“Used it to find sales leads.”

OverallMore sales leads.
ProsI like how the information is pretty accurate. Very good way to find new leads by filtering for vertical.
ConsI wish that there was more direct lines. Also if there were more people in general that would be helpful.
May 12, 2018
Caleb J.
Account Development Manager
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
April 19, 2019

“DiscoverOrg”

ProsGreat for creating .org charts and gaining some info for customers contacts
ConsSometimes there's a lot of outdated data that makes prospecting more annoying
April 19, 2019
July 27, 2018

“Great sales and marketing tool”

ProsDiscoverOrg has been very helpful in finding new leads we haven't been able to find through traditional methods. You can search based off of set criteria. You can filter by industry, job title, revenue etc. It is a really good tool if you plan on doing a lot of email marketing.
ConsI wish you could upload a list of names to see if there were any matches in the system for emails. Often we get a list of names with their company, but no email. It would be great if there was a tool that could cross check that.
July 27, 2018
Hayden A.
Account Development Team Lead
April 2, 2019

“DiscoverOrg is the best.”

OverallWe are able to find deeper and larger lists of key contacts, with MUCH more detail as to their role and location than other tools we have tried.
ProsThe customer success and support teams at DiscoverOrg are amazing. We have loved working with Magen and her team and they have helped us become very successful in/with the tool. DiscoverOrg helps us organize, sift, and approach our accounts in a whole new way and it is amazing.
ConsSometimes the phone numbers on our contacts/leads are either non-existent or not correct.
April 2, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
May 19, 2019

“Contact Discovery is Easy with Discoverorg!”

OverallDiscoverOrg helps to do big projects like Contact Discovery, Account Profiling, CISO's on the move etc. I AM A HAPPY USER!
ProsFinding information about different company's employees is easy like their name address phone number and company domain with email address. Discovery of people is easy with this software. All levels like C-level, D-level,M-level can be found with full fledged information.
ConsWe cannot use one account login credentials on multiple devices at single time
May 19, 2019
December 5, 2017

“Helps find and verify lead info”

ProsThis tool is great for finding contact info on leads for which I don't have all their info. You can also search for companies with active projects in areas of service that our company offers.
ConsThe ability to email directly out of the Discover tool would be nice. Also sometimes there are limitation on who you can fiND based on company size and demographics. More flexibilitywith this would be beneficial.
December 5, 2017
June 5, 2018

“Used for business development”

OverallStill TBD
ProsThe software gives you the ability to upload current customers into the platform and then find "similar" accounts to work with. The system also has 'scoops', which are customer & employee triggers. It let's you know when a company is talking about specific things.
ConsIt isn't very intuitive. The training isn't great, so a lot of the learning is done via trial and error.
CHRISTOPHE P.
Marketing Project Manager
April 12, 2019

“Great tool to generate leads”

ProsVery powerful tool, seamlessly integrated with salesforce. Very good data quality with a lot of details. Love the live update of our database
Consthe support is a bit long to respond sometime.
April 12, 2019
January 15, 2019

“Sales people will benefit a lot.”

ProsThe date provide by DiscoverOrg is quite accurate and it is really a boon for Sales teams. The integration with SalesForce is quite good and the data is updates automatically without any manual effort which saves a lot of time.
ConsThe price is very much on the higher side and can be only used by huge sales teams because of the cost involved.
January 15, 2019
June 26, 2018

“Great Insights for Multiple Areas of the Business”

ProsDiscoverOrg is a great tool for more than just sales. We use this to determine keywords we should be targeting, content we should be producing and to build ideal customer models.
ConsI haven't found anything yet. I wish their integrations were a little less manual to set-up, but overall am very happy.
June 26, 2018
Sundeep G.
WaveMaker Consultant
March 19, 2019

“Sales team will love this.”

ProsDiscoverOrg is synonymous with accuracy, the data and insights are very accurate and this is a great tool for sales teams. The data available is also extensive.
ConsThe only complaint will be pricing but then again for the kind of returns with this tool will outweigh the initial cost.
March 19, 2019
Jared W.
Regional Sales Manager

“Needs some work”

OverallHelps me with prospecting and identifying particular people I'm looking for. Saves time in some regards but isn't a crucial part of my tool set.
ProsIt's good for finding prospects in certain departments. Good for identifying headquarter phone numbers and finding leaders, etc. Pretty user friendly.
ConsDiscoverOrg could be great, but it's just really incomplete. Rarely has the info I need and makes it hard to truly break through the way I'd like to. Employee headcounts are often off and a lot of times there's only one number for several people so it's hard to find specifics.
51-200 employees
June 5, 2018

“Opposite of a necessity ”

OverallThis can slightly save you some time when prospecting/outreaching to find new prospects, but is not quite a necessity.
ProsThis is a "cool" tool to have and can provide a couple of decent contact info and leads. DiscoverOrg has a few features that will save you some time.
ConsExtremely over-priced tool for the amount of leads/data you will get. This company is convinced they have the best tool in the market, but you can generate just as much business without it. Customer support team is not something that is a priority for this organization.
Becca T.
Business Development Representative
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
July 22, 2019

“Helps To Get Accurate Contacts”

ProsThis software is really simple to use and research companies and contacts. I really like the org chart as well!
ConsI wish there were icons next to the companies when you are searching for them.
August 28, 2018

“DiscoverOrg for ADM/BDR”

ProsGreat for finding contacts/prospects information you can't find elsewhere. Org charts are very beneficial when prospecting into accounts.
ConsHardly has direct lines to contacts/prospects, there is definitely better software out there for getting prospects information.
August 28, 2018
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 21, 2018

“I used DiscoverOrg and Rainking (purchased by DiscoverOrg) at two different companies”

ProsCustomer support was amazing. Any questions we had were answered quickly and we could submit requests for new information which was answered fast. The tool itself is very useful for contacts/timing of projects. Org Charts are unique to Discoverorg as well as intel around timing of projects
ConsCompared to some competitors the number of contacts is very low (for smaller businesses/non-IT functions). I found that I got better contact information (direct numbers/emails) from a competing product.
May 21, 2018
April 1, 2017

“Terrible product, worse customer service, deceptive sales business practices - STAY AWAY”

ConsSales reps did not like the product as the data is inaccurate and did not provide any advantage. Alternative products were much more effective and lower cost. Do not sign any contract with this company, they will use intimidation and deceptive sales practices to force you into annual contract extensions. You have been warned - stay away at all costs.
April 1, 2017
Dovy F.
Sales Development Manager
September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016
Konnie T.
December 14, 2016

“We love it”

OverallWe used this to enrich target contact and account data. It's great for North America and some of Europe. There's so much information that it can provide so it takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs.
ProsSet up was simple. Customer service is amazing!
ConsThey don't cover all regions worldwide but no one does.
December 14, 2016
April 17, 2019

“If you need large contact lists”

ProsIf you need a large contact list this is the place to go. They make it easy to pull those.
ConsThe contact information isn't always accurate. So we have to take an additional step to clean the list so we do not send to invalid emails. It isn't always the most up to date.
April 17, 2019
Pradeep H.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 19, 2018

“A new way to discover your marketing strategies”

ProsDiscoverorg is a useful software to understand the trends in marketing. It's extremely useful for those who work extensively in the marketing field. I like the customizable features in this website. It is very useful.
ConsI have not experienced any problems in this software. However, response time from the customer service team can be improved.
September 19, 2018

“Marketing Perspective”

ProsIt's easy to use, I only used this product to look up addresses for clients and leads that my company wanted to send gifts to so I wouldn't say I'm an expert. I can only judge it for the things I used it for.
ConsFor verifying information like address and phone number, I don't think it's worth the money if that's the only thing you want it for. The information is not always accurate, I found myself using it with other forms of verification...company website, LinkedIn, general google searches. I would take the info on discoveryorg with a grain of salt.
April 26, 2018

“Great prospecting tool for Technical / IT leads”

ProsIt was powerful if you are looking for technical / IT leads. Not many sales related leads or contacts however.
ConsWhile it gives usually accurate email addresses, it gives a lot of general line phone numbers over direct line phone numbers.
Shawn P.

Jeff C.
Adr
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Awesome tool to use for leads”

ProsI use this for leads, contact info, inside scoops and everything I need for calling into accounts!
ConsWhen you purchase, you have to purchase "departments" so not everything is available for you.
September 6, 2018

Tanner L.
RSM
July 18, 2019

“DiscoverOrg”

ProsReally great resource that can potentially have a lot of great information.
ConsInformation is sometimes incorrect or outdated.
July 18, 2019