Nutritics Ratings

Overall

About Nutritics

Analyse diet & activity, create meal plans or manage recipes and menus - have the best tools (incl. mobile app) available to make accurate, relevant and actionable food choices for your clients. Combining nutrition science, food law and technology, Nutritics saves you time, money and unlocks new potential for your business. Founded in 2013, Nutritics has quickly grown to be the nutrition management software of choice across 167 countries. Learn more about Nutritics

Kathryn S.
Freelance nutritionist
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
July 31, 2019

“Comprehensive dietary and nutritional analysis software”

OverallI design labels and provide nutrition information for websites from a supplied recipe. This is the best program I have used so far for doing that. The existing ingredients include data from nutrition tables, along with lots of branded products. I have only needed to add very specific ingredients.
ProsI like the preloaded portion sizes, it makes recipe input very straightforward. The reports it can produce are clear and can be customer-facing. I like the fact it is web-based, meaning I can access my account from any computer or tablet.
ConsI would like to be able to save a lot more recipes, but I am able to delete those I no longer require.

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Many thanks for your amazing feedback, Kathryn! It's greatly appreciated. Glad to hear our preloaded portion sizes make your life easier! A lot of work goes into these, so that's great to hear. If you reached your storage capacity, just contact support@nutritics.com and we can go through your options so you don't have to keep deleting recipes.
catriona c.
sports nutritionist

“Sports Nutritionist Review”

OverallIts been good although I do feel its a very hands off relationship and for someone that has been using the software for a long while I think the interactions and support could be much better. Even a monthly newsletter or practitioner use of the system or tips etc or recent updates and research /nutrition related subjects
ProsI like that you can get a good report with information on foods nutrition benefits. I also like that you can use the information readily for creating plans and a very good database of foods
Consits clunky and missing features where I could interact better with clients. I used the app once or twice with clients without much success, ye could do with adding more informative videos up or training specifically for nutritionist that use it, even some webinars. I find the support mediocre. I continue to use as its does help me generate information on nutrition profiles for clients but it should integrate better with others systems like my fitness pal or have your libro app working better.

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
We absolutely appreciate the great feedback, Catriona! Thanks very much for your kind words and suggestions. Those are some great ideas! We will make sure to pass them on to our product innovation and marketing team. Just a quick note on the side: We will actually have a regular newsletter starting to go out either this or next month including some of the topics you've mentioned. Also, please feel free to drop support@nutritics.com or marketing@nutritics.com an email with any ideas or comments you have! We love feedback over here :)
Fiona O.
Business Owner West Cork Fit
July 31, 2019

“Great for nutrition, but need another app for client management”

ProsThis software, for the most part is easy to use. Unfortunately, the use on mac isn't as user friendly as on microsoft (in my experience). However, the customer support is second to none and sincerely cannot be equalled. I would recommend any nutritionist to use this product.
ConsI cannot change macronutrient targets for my clients. I work with clients on a weekly check in basis and I would love if I could create a food log or food plan for a week for them. I would also love to be able to schedule and set nutrition targets for my clients - for example, if I suggest a client should eat 5 different vegetables in a day, just like the garmin app, if you reach a target, you get a medal ...this would be a wonderful idea for Libro and I feel would encourage clients to reach targets.

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Fiona, thanks so much for your amazing review. We greatly appreciate it! We will make sure to pass your feedback on to our support team. This will make their day! Good news - you can actually change nutrient targets with our DRV editor. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so: https://www.nutritics.com/p/userguide&c=85 Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, just get in touch at support@nutritics.com
Cassidy P.
Junior Food Development Manager
Food Production, 51-200 employees

“Wouldn't be without it”

OverallI use it for product development dishes and label information, I trust the analysis (whilst understanding it's not 100% accurate) and it is an important part of our NPD cycle.
ProsMost ingredients are now available, even more unusual ones. You're able to customise products.
ConsFor a while it wasn't possible to sort by ingredient amount and the filter to stay for each ingredient but this was soon fixed. It would also be good to have a few more filters for recipes or be able to group ingredients into components e.g. ingredients in the sponge, icing etc - especially from a QUIDS/ ingredients list perspective. There's also some ingredients that are only available from a brand, but this then excludes the micronutrient data. Only major missing thing is a change of nutrients in a frozen state - e.g. if you cook a product, chill, freeze and reheat.

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Cassidy, thanks so much for the great feedback! We very much appreciate it. Good news - did you know that there is a solution to all the challenges you listed below? Just get in touch at support@nutritics.com and one of our amazing colleagues from support will show you how Nutritics can help!
Wisdom M.
Head chef
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Nutritics top notch”

OverallA good and highly recommended software to use at all times
ProsEverything, its so cool, it calculates all my food requirements
ConsSometimes it hangs but not always. Slow i would say to load.

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Hey Wisdom, thanks for your kind words. We absolutely appreciate them - we think Nutritics is pretty cool, too :) Just a quick note on the side: We have recently moved to a new server which has made Nutritics faster than before. If you experience the hanging issue again, feel free to contact us at support@nutritics.com
Anna-Maria V.
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2019

“Excellent ”

ProsIt's easy to use and has a variety of foods from different countries. It helps you create healthier options for the consumers more easily.
ConsThere is nothing negative that stands out.

By Nutritics on August 12, 2019
Anna-Maria, thanks a million for the amazing review. It's much appreciated! That's exactly what our mission is - making more informed food choices easier for our users and their clients / consumers.
August 10, 2019
Jack L.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“Excellent product, excellent customer service”

ProsMade analysing foods, and making meal plans so easy!
ConsI wish there were more editable options in how reports are produced rather than PDF, so that I can tinker with the formatting, rather than having to make my own separate documents presenting the same data in a slightly different way.

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Hey Jack, thanks a million for your amazing feedback. We really appreciate it! We will pass on your request to our product development team. If you have any more ideas or feedback, just get in touch at support@nutritics.com. We would love to hear them!
Angela D.
Freelance nutrition journalist
Publishing, Self-employed

“A very useful tool ”

OverallI really like it and wouldn't be without it. Useful for when I'm writing calorie-controlled meal plans.
Pros Easy to use with a wide database of foods including proprietary brands.
ConsSometime I find some anomalies with the data but it isn't a problem as I can always sniff out any issues and use a correction factor.

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Thanks a million for your feedback, Angela! We are happy that you are enjoying our meal planning tool. Just a quick note on your comment on the data: All of our data is sourced from national food composition databases or straight from manufacturers. In Nutritics we display both labelling and database nutrient values - is that what you are referring to? If you have any concerns or queries, you can always contact us at support@nutritics.com
Ola A.
Dietitian
Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

“Good software ”

ProsEasy to use, the database size for different types of food is big
Conssome times the software is down and little slow but now it is better than before

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Many thanks for your lovely feedback, Ola! It's very much appreciated. We agree that the software had been a bit slow which is why we have moved to a new server recently - making Nutritics lighter and faster than before!
David D.
Performance Nutritionist
Sports, Self-employed

“Nutritics”

Overalli have always found the staff quick to answer any questions and sort out any issues.
Proseasily to use good outputs constantly updated wide varieties of foods to choose from
Consphysical activities are limited to those in Ainsworth et al., compendium

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Thanks for the great feedback, David. We are happy to incorporate other MET based activity sources / databases. Do you have any specific activities that you need or any other databases you know of that we can integrate? Let us know at support@nutritics.com and we will try our best to make it happen!
Eleanor R.

“Eleanor rees”

OverallIf there was anything else on the market you would lose ALOT of customers
ProsThe ease and practicability, ability to download and email work
ConsConstantly crashes Has gone down multiple times and sometimes days at a time without compensation Way too over priced and won't let you pay monthly Add ons are also ridiculously overpriced for an unreliable product

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Hi Eleanor, thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad that you find Nutritics to use but are really sorry that you are not completely happy with the software. We have recently moved to a new server to address these issues. Nutritics should be running smoother and faster than before. If you experience any issues at all, please feel free to get in touch at support@nutritics.com. In terms of pricing, we do offer flexible pricing options. If you want one of our team to review your account, just drop us an email. It is really important to us that our customers are happy, so if there is anything else that we can do better, please let us know!
Gary R.
Personal Trainer
Sports, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“Close to perfect”

ProsDoes exactly what I need - Lets me collect diet logs from my clients through an app and analyse them quickly.
ConsA few tweaks could make learning the software easier

By Nutritics on August 22, 2018
Thanks for the amazing feedback, Gary! Always great to hear users enjoying the software. As for the tweaks - why not email them to admin@nutritics.com and we'll have a look?
August 21, 2018
Maggie R.
Dietitian
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 5, 2019

“New Plymouth Nutrition”

Overallvery supportive
ProsThe pdf printouts and analysis The variety of foods available
Consunable to make weekly plans. Just daily. Needs more foods and brands from NZ analysed

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Thanks very much for your great feedback, Maggie. We really appreciate it! We have passed on your feedback to our product development team. We are hoping to develop Nutritics to allow users to make meal plans for multiple days. So stay tuned for what's to come :)
August 5, 2019
Donai H.
Senior Nutritionist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
July 31, 2019

“Nutritics makes my lifes easier as a freelance and company nutritionist”

ProsOne standardised source of nutritional information
ConsWould love if more niche products got added as new food products become more popular e.g. sports powder supplements

By Nutritics on August 6, 2019
Thank you so much for your great review, Donai! We really appreciate it. Glad to hear that Nutritics is making your life easier. That's exactly why Damian, our CEO, had wanted to build the software in the first place - he kept getting frustrated using excel sheets. We don't blame him :) As for adding foods, we are always expanding our database. However, if you have any specific requests, you can add it to the database yourself or contact us at admin@nutritics.com
Jewel M.
Dietitian/Project Officer - Schools & Community
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“Easy to use but not that easy”

ProsRelatively easy to use and has most features you need.
ConsVery laggy. Would be great if there was a stand-alone desktop application. Additionally, not as easy to use labelling and NIP features. It would be good if you could generate different NIP's. I haven't been able to generate the type I want and have been having to do it manually in excell.

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback, Jewel! We absolutely appreciate it. We recently moved to a new server which has made Nutritics faster than before. If you experience any lagging, feel free to contact us at support@nutritics.com. Just a quick note on the desktop version: We used to have one but it's been sunsetted. We recommended that all our users use the online version to ensure that they are accessing the most up-to-date and secure version of Nutritics. If you want to share more information on what kind of labels you are trying to produce, again, just get in touch with support. We would be happy to help!
Jamie C.
Personal tainer
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed

“My pros and cons”

ProsThe software it self is really handy to have to break down food on a very precise Marco based aspect for my clients to see and understand thier diet plans, plus the layout is also simple for them to understand and read
ConsThe new changes are not so great, not being able to put a food in and then numberise it to a meal created makes planning take longer, before adding something in then selecting the number group it goes in was a more fast and convenient way to do plans, now it all takes longer, plus its not just individual foods even moving meal groups was easier before, also sometimes plans sent via email don't reach certain emails, I tried on one of my emails and I never received a plan I made?

By Nutritics on August 1, 2019
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Jamie! We absolutely appreciate it. We have logged your requests with our development team - just keep your eyes peeled for new updates or get in touch with us at support@nutritics.com so that we can keep you in the loop.